PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge: A Real Cause for Concern

Amuseddaysleeper
11-06-2019, 08:53 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/lamarcus-aldridge-san-antonio-spurs-enigmatic-big-man/

He is averaging career lows across the board in almost every major category since his rookie season :(

EDIT: And I'm averaging a career low in spelling his last name right :bang

spurraider21
11-06-2019, 08:54 PM
which poster is that?

Amuseddaysleeper
11-06-2019, 08:55 PM
which poster is that?

Stop it, you're making me blush

RC_Drunkford
11-06-2019, 08:58 PM
The main concern is not that though. The main concern is that he came into training camp in shape. Usually he's out of shape and needs like 20 games to get it going. But this season he came in fit from the get go. Pop even praised him for it, so you'd expect him to play well from the jump. I think he's just going trough the motions and will get back to last years form at some point.

phxspurfan
11-06-2019, 09:01 PM
he's just going trough the motions

tbh

Also, this offense in general is a dumpster fire. Our PGs aren’t running sets properly, the rotations are fucked up/works in progress, PGs on minutes restrictions, etc

RC_Drunkford
11-06-2019, 09:03 PM
tbh

Also, this offense in general is a dumpster fire. Our PGs aren’t running sets properly, the rotations are fucked up/works in progress, PGs on minutes restrictions, etc

It's also that Murray is not as good at finding him as Derrick White is. White used to get LA 3-4 easy buckets per game. That's enough to make him catch fire. Derrick is better at feeding Aldridge

Amuseddaysleeper
11-06-2019, 09:06 PM
The main concern is not that though. The main concern is that he came into training camp in shape. Usually he's out of shape and needs like 20 games to get it going. But this season he came in fit from the get go. Pop even praised him for it, so you'd expect him to play well from the jump. I think he's just going trough the motions and will get back to last years form at some point.

He had a rough start to last season and still ended up looking like an all star. But I agree, he looks very disengaged which is odd as you’d figure the Spurs guaranteeing the remainder of his deal would let him know they still want him.

But then again...and I could be reaching here...does Aldridge still want the Spurs? He did say he was interested in teaming up with Lillard again :stirpot:

phxspurfan
11-06-2019, 09:08 PM
It's also that Murray is not as good at finding him as Derrick White is. White used to get LA 3-4 easy buckets per game. That's enough to make him catch fire. Derrick is better at feeding Aldridge

Also true. White and DeMar were both distributing masterfully at times last season, and not overlapping times usually, so LMA was getting touches and easy looks pretty much the whole time. The previous season Kyle Anderson was running the offense and dropping dimes for him. Even guys like Purrtl are suffering this year from lack of offensive execution.

Also with the increased pace, he’s not fitting in as well.

:lol Today’s NBA :lol and all

And he’s a year older as was mentioned in the article. At this age IIRC Duncan also started declining. When you don’t have young legs, your jumper begins to suffer. LMA may need to adapt his technique again to continue his scoring averages as he ages.

daslicer
11-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Also true. White and DeMar were both distributing masterfully at times last season, and not overlapping times usually, so LMA was getting touches and easy looks pretty much the whole time. The previous season Kyle Anderson was running the offense and dropping dimes for him. Even guys like Purrtl are suffering this year from lack of offensive execution.

Also with the increased pace, he’s not fitting in as well.

:lol Today’s NBA :lol and all

And he’s a year older as was mentioned in the article. At this age IIRC Duncan also started declining. When you don’t have young legs, your jumper begins to suffer. LMA may need to adapt his technique again to continue his scoring averages as he ages.

Duncan took a lot less jump shots from 2010-2016. A lot of his points during that time period came from simple post ups, cutters, and being set up for easy layups/dunks from his teammates. Ideally I would love to see LA embrace that type of role.

DPG21920
11-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Well done OP

Amuseddaysleeper
11-06-2019, 09:15 PM
Well done OP

Thanks buddy :toast

gambit1990
11-06-2019, 09:22 PM
it won't surprise me when he requests a trade and i wouldn't blame him for it.

he wants to score and not worry about hustling back on d / being the 5. AD doesn't wanna play the 5 either.

Russ
11-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Aldridge has a few more years of playing at the sometimes frustrating level he's been playing at.

Don't worry, he'll be back to that fairly soon (and that will help the bottom line).

Down Under
11-06-2019, 09:53 PM
Use him as a stretch 5 & let White, Murray & DeRozan do the creating. At least he has gravity that way & isn't clogging up the court.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-06-2019, 09:54 PM
He's 34, he's not going to be able to have the energy to consistently play at a high level. Expect to see a lot of this version of Aldridge for the first half of the season, especially having to be the main inside defender. He's also been playing more minutes than he should be.

SAGirl
11-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Do you think it’s just he’s not the focus as much anymore. He’s been known to whine about his touches and such. Perhaps there’s something else than coasting but at this moment I don’t know what it is. I have thought not just about the “touches” factor but perhaps him getting old he’s letting others step into the light. Surprise! If LMA doesn’t bring the A game Spurs aren’t winning much anyways. There could be something behind closed doors we don’t know about.

SAGirl
11-06-2019, 10:18 PM
The touches factor

ZeusWillJudge
11-06-2019, 10:45 PM
That's a good article. That's pretty much the story - what the hell is going on with LMA? Is he declining? Disgruntled (again)? Being affected by lineup problems? Or just off to a bad start?

The problem is that any of the above are real possibilities. I know that if he doesn't get it in gear, this team isn't making the playoffs. So the cause for concern is CAN he get it in gear.

sananspursfan21
11-06-2019, 10:55 PM
I can always forgive a player’s limits. Danny Green couldn’t dribble and that was ok. What I can’t stand is when a player is capable and just doesn’t. Aldridge can still ball out. But he just...isn’t.

KobesAchilles
11-06-2019, 11:17 PM
Him and White had a real connection last year. Murray and LMA have zero chemistry which is one of the reasons why I wanted White starting. It’s gonna take time for LMA to get used to playing with Murray and vice versa. But honestly at this point in his career, he isn’t going to bring it every night.

phxspurfan
11-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Him and White had a real connection last year. Murray and LMA have zero chemistry which is one of the reasons why I wanted White starting

Or start Murray and White, which everyone here was begging for/expecting, given White's performance last year. Relegating White to the bench killed his confidence. Instead we have another year of Mills/Forbes and to add to that, Belinelli stealing Walker's minutes (granted Walker fucking sucks but still, might as well play him as he's young with potential, and Beli is shooting terribly, which is his only skill).

spurs10
11-07-2019, 12:51 AM
There could be something behind closed doors we don’t know about. I was thinking that as well. Hopefully it's just early in the season and he'll bounce back....hopefully tomorrow when I drive through the rain to the game.

DPG21920
11-07-2019, 01:09 AM
Do you think it’s just he’s not the focus as much anymore. He’s been known to whine about his touches and such. Perhaps there’s something else than coasting but at this moment I don’t know what it is. I have thought not just about the “touches” factor but perhaps him getting old he’s letting others step into the light. Surprise! If LMA doesn’t bring the A game Spurs aren’t winning much anyways. There could be something behind closed doors we don’t know about.

I mean SA just showed him the ultimate respect a guaranteed his deal super early.

monty4329
11-07-2019, 03:57 AM
That's a good article. That's pretty much the story - what the hell is going on with LMA? Is he declining? Disgruntled (again)? Being affected by lineup problems? Or just off to a bad start?

The problem is that any of the above are real possibilities. I know that if he doesn't get it in gear, this team isn't making the playoffs. So the cause for concern is CAN he get it in gear.

About a year ago I asked if there was still a market for LMA, as he was playing like shit. As soon as the PGs started to run a better flow and offense was more fluid, LMA benefitted and was his old self again. I hope it will be case again.

It all boils down to the kind of offense Pop manages to implement. Right now it sucks but we aren't even 10% of the season in. If it was January it would a different story, right now it is just the usual work in progress. Too many new pieces/positions to fit in, missing Bertans and having Murray change so much the subs pattern and offensive positions, it takes time.

As much as I was worried about LMA a year ago, I am now confident it is just a matter of time. Until Murray becomes a better PG (let's not get fooled here by his flashy spurts, he is not making the others better at this stage. He will soon, by december the machine will be well oiled)

EasyMoney
11-07-2019, 04:48 AM
He also have a slow start last season, didn't he?

Robz4000
11-07-2019, 05:01 AM
Good article imo, keep it up Amused. Just hope it doesn't result in an LMA injury tbh.

pookenstein
11-07-2019, 06:33 AM
Good article imo, keep it up Amused. Just hope it doesn't result in an LMA injury tbh.

If it does, his next article should be about Marco. Of course I don't want him to suffer a serious injury, so two or three paragraphs should be enough to get him out for a few months.

timtonymanu
11-07-2019, 07:09 AM
Good shit, OP. Now we know who to hunt down when you injure players with your game threads. :hungry: Just kidding, looking forward to more of your material, my dude.

james evans
11-07-2019, 10:15 AM
I said trade this fucker BEFORE they gave him an extension. But, I guess popovich knows better than we do. Maybe one day he's gonna become that unstoppable force on offense.

elbamba1
11-07-2019, 10:24 AM
My only concern is that he has looked completely disinterested at times this season. I can live with poor shooting and a missed assignment. I can't stand seeing someone out there without any hustle or care.

Dingle Barry
11-07-2019, 10:43 AM
He's never been a passionate competitor. He plays for money and to glorify himself. Guaranteeing the money was dumb.

DaBears
11-07-2019, 11:40 AM

I do see that the big talk before the season was DeRozan taking more 3's, i guess it was just wishful thinking. When DeRozan and Aldridge play on the floor together they clog up the paint and the ball stops moving..

vavvi
11-07-2019, 11:43 AM
What concerns me about LMA is that he seems to avoid any physical contact this season.

He used to post up very deep under the basket at least once a game physically bullying his defender out of the court. This season he hasn’t done it once...

GreekSpursfan
11-07-2019, 11:46 AM
We were not a lock to make the playoffs with a good LMA imagine the outcome with this terrible version of LMA.

spurs10
11-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Great article OP. Thanks and I'll hope this is just a slump. It has been the most obvious thing wrong with our team's production. Will be there tonight and hope we see something different than last game's fourth quarter.

Arcadian
11-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Just wondering, how do you know how in-shape professional athletes are? I see people talking frequently about certain players being "out of shape" and I'm just left wondering...how do you know? They're all in better shape than me, that's all I know. :lol

tmtcsc
11-07-2019, 12:44 PM
LMA does this every year. Slower start than usual but I think its time we accept this dude for what he is - Not a Super Star or Leader. If he's considered anything but a useful piece to the puzzle, he'll disappoint every year. In other words, lower your expectations & celebrate when he is on because when it really matters, the Spurs will need someone else to take the reins offensively. He's always been a tremendous, shooting big man with a soft touch who can get on crazy scoring streaks. Unfortunately, he's also a player that can be stopped with double teams and physical play.

Demar is the same way. He's NEVER going to be more than what we've seen thus far. 3 point shooting? Forget it. Amazing Mid Range shooter? Check. Big time scorer in Regular season games? More often than not. Closer? Nope. Composed at the end of games? Nope. Just a predominantly empty stat getter.

FkLA
11-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Viva la raza, vato loco.

Seriously though, still a little too early to panic, imo. He looked good the first couple games. I think he'll still play all-star level basketball this year. He goes through these periods where he avoids contact and settles for fadeaways pretty much every year. He always gets back on track when he starts mixing in some bully ball in the paint, tbh.

FkLA
11-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Just hope it doesn't result in an LMA injury tbh.

:lol

Cryptic Parable
11-07-2019, 01:19 PM
Last season Shaq kept alluding to the Spurs’ having two All Stars in DD and LA yet still not really moving the needle either in their record or recognition. It’s obvious why. Both a above average players but neither are leaders or at least not the kind you want if you would like to win. This team lacks the kind of on court leadership that would excel and make a deep run. I like both guys but only in the right situation and roles but on this team not as the go to guys. Yes, spoiled by Tim Duncan, Manu, Tony, David, Avery, Mario, Horry, Bowen, even Capt. Jack. I can go to war with those guys and the outcome I can live with. Don’t know what LA problem is but not rebounding and playing solid defense is an attitude and mentality issue and so far he doesn’t stack up to any names I listed above and I can add Kevin Willis, Brent Barry etc.

Cryptic Parable
11-07-2019, 01:23 PM
LMA does this every year. Slower start than usual but I think its time we accept this dude for what he is - Not a Super Star or Leader. If he's considered anything but a useful piece to the puzzle, he'll disappoint every year. In other words, lower your expectations & celebrate when he is on because when it really matters, the Spurs will need someone else to take the reins offensively. He's always been a tremendous, shooting big man with a soft touch who can get on crazy scoring streaks. Unfortunately, he's also a player that can be stopped with double teams and physical play.

Demar is the same way. He's NEVER going to be more than what we've seen thus far. 3 point shooting? Forget it. Amazing Mid Range shooter? Check. Big time scorer in Regular season games? More often than not. Closer? Nope. Composed at the end of games? Nope. Just a predominantly empty stat getter.

I agree with this wholeheartedly

Shakril
11-07-2019, 01:45 PM
What i think surprising is, that the Spurs play better when DDR and LMA are not on court.

C Poeltl
F Gay
F Carrol
G Forbes
G Murray

I Would try this Starting 5. You still would have White, Walker as scorers from the bench, Mills has at least some uses and Lyles can play D against weaker opponents. Samanic or Eubanks as backup center.

DDR, LMA and Belli not in the Rotation.

On paper it looks weak, but the eye test shows, that the starting 5 as of right now is a liabilty. DDR and LMA dont bring even their B game on a nightly basis. I dont say they should score 30 points every night, but their production overall is abyssmal.
The Bench bailed the starters out on many occasions. Against the Lakers the bench bailed them out 2 Times until the starters lost the game for good in the 4th quarter.

SAGirl
11-07-2019, 02:26 PM
What concerns me about LMA is that he seems to avoid any physical contact this season.

He used to post up very deep under the basket at least once a game physically bullying his defender out of the court. This season he hasn’t done it once...
I wonder if that’s him “spacing” for others.

RC_Drunkford
11-07-2019, 03:06 PM
Just wondering, how do you know how in-shape professional athletes are? I see people talking frequently about certain players being "out of shape" and I'm just left wondering...how do you know? They're all in better shape than me, that's all I know. :lol

Tom Orsborn: Pop on LA: “He spent a lot of time this summer, working on his body. He came in during open gym and continued to work in the weight room and on the court, really dedicated, knowing he has a good group coming around him. He’s as excited about Dejounte as much anybody else.”

I gather information
:wakeup
(https://hoopshype.com/social/)

RC_Drunkford
11-07-2019, 03:09 PM

on point

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-07-2019, 03:45 PM
This team needs a point guard who can run the offense. Look at the Suns with Ricky Rubio. Plug a decent distributor into any lineup and they'll make the team better.

I remember TP's last season with the Spurs, the team always settled into a nice offensive flow whenever he was inserted into the game...even playing on one leg.

That's a big area of weakness in Murray's game. He's a sh!tty facilitator at this point and I think LMA is suffering as a result. Feed the big man and let him eat! :lma

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-07-2019, 03:49 PM
You could also point to guys like Forbes, and his 3-point percentage falling, as another indicator of an offense that isn't being run very well. No one is creating open looks for their teammates.

Arcadian
11-07-2019, 05:45 PM
I gather information
:wakeup

I see. To play devil's advocate, Pop might not be the best evaluator of physical fitness...and he's biased.

Mirrornick
11-07-2019, 06:40 PM
At this point lma should accept a role off the bench. He would have more impact. But it wont happen. Just another Carmelo Anthony

daslicer
11-07-2019, 06:53 PM

Agreed. Just hoping LMA/Demar can just be place holders until White/Murray develop into stars.

daslicer
11-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Last season Shaq kept alluding to the Spurs’ having two All Stars in DD and LA yet still not really moving the needle either in their record or recognition. It’s obvious why. Both a above average players but neither are leaders or at least not the kind you want if you would like to win. This team lacks the kind of on court leadership that would excel and make a deep run. I like both guys but only in the right situation and roles but on this team not as the go to guys. Yes, spoiled by Tim Duncan, Manu, Tony, David, Avery, Mario, Horry, Bowen, even Capt. Jack. I can go to war with those guys and the outcome I can live with. Don’t know what LA problem is but not rebounding and playing solid defense is an attitude and mentality issue and so far he doesn’t stack up to any names I listed above and I can add Kevin Willis, Brent Barry etc.

It's really about mentality when it comes to superstars versus guys who are borderline stars. LMA/Derozan are not mentally tough when it comes to handling adversity/tough situations. Demar is especially terrible at this ala his crying, pouting when the refs don't give him the call and emotional outbursts when thing's don't go his way. LMA doesn't cry/whine like Demar but he becomes super passive and timid when he's not hitting shots or not involved in the offense. What made guys like Tim/Manu special is when things were not going their way they didn't give up or lose their composure. They continued to keep their head in the game along with still playing hard.

Mugen
11-07-2019, 07:01 PM
That's exactly how I pictured you to look tbh.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-07-2019, 07:07 PM
What i think surprising is, that the Spurs play better when DDR and LMA are not on court.

C Poeltl
F Gay
F Carrol
G Forbes
G Murray

I Would try this Starting 5. You still would have White, Walker as scorers from the bench, Mills has at least some uses and Lyles can play D against weaker opponents. Samanic or Eubanks as backup center.

DDR, LMA and Belli not in the Rotation.

On paper it looks weak, but the eye test shows, that the starting 5 as of right now is a liabilty. DDR and LMA dont bring even their B game on a nightly basis. I dont say they should score 30 points every night, but their production overall is abyssmal.
The Bench bailed the starters out on many occasions. Against the Lakers the bench bailed them out 2 Times until the starters lost the game for good in the 4th quarter. You lost me when you mentioned Walker as a scorer off the bench.

SnakeBoy
11-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Well written article :tu

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-07-2019, 07:18 PM
The Spurs need a consistent 3rd scorer to go along with Aldridge and DeRozan. And even though I don't like him I thought that Morris was exactly what the Spurs needed. If either DeRozan or Aldridge have a bad game the Spurs are going to lose. It's unrealistic to expect them both to play top notch every game especially Aldridge at his age now.

Shakril
11-07-2019, 08:29 PM
You lost me when you mentioned Walker as a scorer off the bench.

Well than you never have seen Walker play. With a little playing time and confidence he can be a decent scorer from the bench. I am not talkin about 20+, i am talking about 10+. With White around 10+ and some contribution of the other 3 players, the bench could score around 25 - 35 point range. its not much, but as long as they hold their fort on the defensive site, it can work.

Shakril
11-07-2019, 08:31 PM
The Spurs need a consistent 3rd scorer to go along with Aldridge and DeRozan. And even though I don't like him I thought that Morris was exactly what the Spurs needed. If either DeRozan or Aldridge have a bad game the Spurs are going to lose. It's unrealistic to expect them both to play top notch every game especially Aldridge at his age now.

Problem is not, that they dont play well every game, but that sometimes they completly disappear. Even with a bad game, both of them should be able to score at reasonable rate. Both together at least 30+ even on a bad night. But they are not able to do it, which led the spurs to lose against denver in the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2019, 08:47 PM
That's exactly how I pictured you to look tbh.

:lol not sure how to take that

timtonymanu
11-07-2019, 08:53 PM

No racist, but I figured you would be a skinny white Canadian after hearing you talk on Mono’s podcast years back :lol

NASpurs
11-07-2019, 08:54 PM

Pretty bold move to use your picture when people want you dead after you start a game thread. :lol

UZER
11-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Well than you never have seen Walker play. With a little playing time and confidence he can be a decent scorer from the bench. I am not talkin about 20+, i am talking about 10+. With White around 10+ and some contribution of the other 3 players, the bench could score around 25 - 35 point range. its not much, but as long as they hold their fort on the defensive site, it can work.

I don’t care if he can average 30 a game. He ain’t playing much because this is his real rookie year.

:pop:

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2019, 09:02 PM
No racist, but I figured you would be a skinny white Canadian after hearing you talk on Mono’s podcast years back :lol

If I was it would certainly make things much easier when crossing the border :lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Pretty bold move to use your picture when people want you dead after you start a game thread. :lol

Canada is too cold for anyone to visit this time of year ;)

Mugen
11-07-2019, 09:39 PM

spurs1990
11-07-2019, 09:42 PM
OP you must've lit a fire under him. Well timed.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2019, 09:47 PM
OP you must've lit a fire under him. Well timed.

I’ll be doing one on Belinelli next :toast

Mugen
11-07-2019, 09:48 PM

Me neither tbh.

NASpurs
11-07-2019, 09:49 PM
I’ll be doing one on Belinelli next :toast

Nah, I rather you just start a game thread at this point and hope you take out Marco through collateral damage or something.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-07-2019, 10:56 PM
OP with a bad case of getting shat in mouth disease

duncan2k5
11-07-2019, 11:08 PM

U guys overreact after one good LMA game... He is who he always was.. A soft choker who occasionally has great games

timtonymanu
11-07-2019, 11:10 PM
U guys overreact after one good LMA game... He is who he always was.. A soft choker who occasionally has great games

Lol right. Watch it be a high pressure game situation and we know he won’t deliver

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-07-2019, 11:39 PM
Well than you never have seen Walker play. With a little playing time and confidence he can be a decent scorer from the bench. I am not talkin about 20+, i am talking about 10+. With White around 10+ and some contribution of the other 3 players, the bench could score around 25 - 35 point range. its not much, but as long as they hold their fort on the defensive site, it can work. haven't seen him play? Are you talking about summer league?

benefactor
11-07-2019, 11:45 PM
Welp

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-07-2019, 11:46 PM

i thought you went to clipperstalk.com

Amuseddaysleeper
11-07-2019, 11:49 PM
I’ll do one for every player on the roster if this is how they respond :lol

spin8
11-07-2019, 11:53 PM

That’s been the case for Aldridge since he’s been in San Antonio. At some point you’d think some people would catch on.

sasaint
11-08-2019, 12:00 AM

I couldn't help but notice that your team is the Los Angeles Lakers...

sasaint
11-08-2019, 12:03 AM

Yep. Summed up his entire career.

ElNono
11-08-2019, 12:15 AM

Normally against a losing teams too...

Slippy
11-08-2019, 04:11 AM
39points . Over 30 something assists against the best team defense in the nba.

That had to be painful for some to watch . It's easier to bitch.

Aside from Bryns chucking and Marco setting foot on the court i enjoyed the game :smokin

Fireball
11-08-2019, 04:25 AM
no reason to overreact, but it was against a good defensive team ... he needs those early pick and pop shots around the FT area to get going tbh

timtonymanu
11-09-2019, 07:08 PM

duncan2k5 shitting on the sniffers per par

Amuseddaysleeper
11-09-2019, 07:18 PM

Must have gotten it from you

Great stat line tonight :tu

Budkin
11-09-2019, 07:20 PM
1 FG in 26 minutes tonight. ONE!

timtonymanu
11-09-2019, 07:21 PM

:lmao

RD2191
11-09-2019, 07:22 PM
39points . Over 30 something assists against the best team defense in the nba.

That had to be painful for some to watch . It's easier to bitch.

Aside from Bryns chucking and Marco setting foot on the court i enjoyed the game :smokin

Slippy
11-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Yes a no show. Was hilarious watching the Bryn, Patty and Demar show. Get used to it this season. :lol

This will be rhe game plan. Let these shit shows try and win the game and deny LA the ball. Spurs shot the three well and still lost.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-09-2019, 09:56 PM

ok bump your wrist-razor post every time lma has a bad game. enjoy the dumpster juice

RC_Drunkford
11-09-2019, 10:31 PM
Aldridge was bad, but the Spurs didn't throw the ball into the post at all this time. They consistently ran plays for him against OKC. I'm starting to think this is by design.

sasaint
11-09-2019, 10:40 PM
Aldridge was bad, but the Spurs didn't throw the ball into the post at all this time. They consistently ran plays for him against OKC. I'm starting to think this is by design.

Honestly I can't tell what the team does "by design." It's all just ugly most of the time. Seems like totally random offense and poor defense.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-09-2019, 10:53 PM

Which is a weird tactic seeing as how Aldridge fared well against Boston last season and this season their front court is even weaker.

SpurPadre
11-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Don't worry guys. The Grizzlies are 2-7 so LMA should score 30+ again, tbh. Real leader...

sasaint
11-10-2019, 12:17 AM
Question: does a game camera ever capture LMA and Tim in the same frame? I think LMA is, for the most part, completely overwhelmed by having followed an all-time great and HOF player/legend and continues to be intimidated by both his legacy and continuing presence. I think the first thought he has after waking up every morning is, ”I am not even 1/10th the player Tim Duncan was.” And his next thought is, ”I wish I had just stayed in Portland.”

Slippy
11-10-2019, 12:55 AM
Don't worry guys. The Grizzlies are 2-7 so LMA should score 30+ again, tbh. Real leader...

Won't happen, if Dj lays another egg as PG. Too often last night, he was looking for his own or running plays for Bryn.. keep in mind Dj's ugly shot also means his man will be denying LA the ball. It's that essy

Realize your love for DJ has no boundaries but surely you understand the basics of basketball . Big men are only as good as the guys that feed them the ball. The buck stops with DJ .

Funny how DJ takes credit for L.A. getting the ball last game. This time it's LA fault he was running plays for Bryn freaking Forbes

Agree with RC Drunkford. It's almost seemed by design.

Texas_Ranger
11-10-2019, 12:59 AM
he was always a giant vagina. I was OK with him coming here and help the big 3 and mr load load management, but when he has to be your #1 option, you know u're fucked.

Cryptic Parable
11-10-2019, 08:51 AM
Best way to tank and build character without actually tanking is to trade both DeMar and LaMarcus for some good young players and picks and just develop what you have. Leadership is missing from these two and they’re not good enough mentally to get you over the bump without someone else being Tim Duncan or Michael Jordan. Hard to pull for this Spurs Squad. No coincidence Tim was brought in as an assistant wouldn’t be surprised if LaMarcus despises that

weebo
11-10-2019, 09:05 AM
You can't teach effort. No dogs on this team. Just a couple of pups and 2 fat pussy cats leading the team. Can't win with that...

Chomag
11-10-2019, 09:31 AM
I was so high on him when the Spurs snatched him but damn, could we please just ship his gutless lame ass back to Portland please?

Dejounte
11-10-2019, 09:54 AM
Ship him and Lonnie for Karl Anthony Towns

Dejounte/ White
Forbes/ Mills
DeMar/ Keldon
Lyles/ Gay/ Samanic
Towns/ Poetl

Nivek_ogre
11-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Ship him and Lonnie for Karl Anthony Towns

Dejounte/ White
Forbes/ Mills
DeMar/ Keldon
Lyles/ Gay/ Samanic
Towns/ Poetl

Lol. Wtf.....

boutons_deux
11-10-2019, 12:03 PM
LMA

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

RC_Drunkford
11-10-2019, 01:19 PM
Won't happen, if Dj lays another egg as PG. Too often last night, he was looking for his own or running plays for Bryn.. keep in mind Dj's ugly shot also means his man will be denying LA the ball. It's that essy

Realize your love for DJ has no boundaries but surely you understand the basics of basketball . Big men are only as good as the guys that feed them the ball. The buck stops with DJ .

Funny how DJ takes credit for L.A. getting the ball last game. This time it's LA fault he was running plays for Bryn freaking Forbes

Agree with RC Drunkford. It's almost seemed by design.

Which is why I preferred White to start cause him and LaMarcus have a lot of chemistry. LA was one of the guys that encouraged White the most last season, he talked about him all the time.

I'm just thinking that Pop might want to figure them out how to get easy shots without getting LaMarcus going or he doesn't want to go to Aldridge a lot in the post cause of his age, trying to keep him fresh.

Both strategies would be completely idiotic, but it kind of looks like the coach has something to do with it. I mean it's pretty logical that you don't freeze out your #1 option on offense. Even if he gets doubled, let him pass it out. He ain't a great passer, but as long as they swing the ball around or attack fast they should still get easy looks. It's like the Spurs still haven't found out how to take advantage of Aldridge drawing double teams for a 3rd year in a row, which brings me back to the point: "WTF is Pop doing?"

RC_Drunkford
11-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Aldridge's game is easy. Establish deep position in the post, then feed him the ball. Let him go 1-on-1, if they double pass it back out. It's like every year Pop has to coach from point 0 like these guys have never played together. He even rolled to the rim well last year. Just run easy sets. Let Trey Lyles learn how to play high-low with him. These are supposed to be NBA players, they should know how to make simple plays like that.