PDA

View Full Version : Walker should demand a trade

Dhbsr555
11-07-2019, 10:48 PM
The disrespect is real for Lonnie and if I’m him I demand a trade ASAP . Putting him in with 53 seconds . Unreal disrespect.

Dverde
11-07-2019, 10:50 PM
I hope he likes the cold. Maybe Nephew and Nando can give him some tips.

BillMc
11-07-2019, 10:51 PM
He should stop worrying about trades, and worry about becoming a better basketball player.

Arcadian
11-07-2019, 10:56 PM
You can't really demand a trade when you're an unproven rookie. You have no leverage, and nobody else has a reason to trade for you because you haven't done anything yet.

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:01 PM
op... shut up. another annoying "hope walker gets traded" line

just gutter mentality. this guy was raised in one the poorest crime infested cities in the country. he got out. he's not weak minded and soft like the half of y'all. he's faced actual adversity and thrived... making it out and becoming an example to his community... it's pretty reasonable and logical that this won't break him.

just another soft post from someone who hasn't actually watched him this season.

and for the argument that pop is the only one who does this... lots of coaches make rookies earn their minutes... the laughable bulls do it. nuggets do it. miami. to name a few...

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:04 PM
just another soft post from someone who hasn't actually watched him this season.

:lol at 9 minutes being enough to come to a conclusion about him

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:07 PM
it's not about the length of time it's what he's done with the time. most would know you are a biased and emotional poster... you want him to play so you have rose colored glasses on. I want him to play too but he's been awful. he's not ready and may need to go to the G-League tbh

sananspursfan21
11-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Yeah, and tell the Spurs what? He’s an unproven 2nd year guy and say what you want about his potential, but he hasn’t done anything on the court. The NBA doesn’t really work like that.

SpurPadre
11-07-2019, 11:11 PM
You guys do know Lonnie's had chances to show Pop and the team his worth in practices, right? It's not just that he doesn't make the most of the time he gets in real games. He's obviously not showing enough in practices, no matter how unimportant Allen Iverson thought they were.

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:16 PM
it's not about the length of time it's what he's done with the time. most would know you are a biased and emotional poster... you want him to play so you have rose colored glasses on. I want him to play too but he's been awful. he's not ready and may need to go to the G-League tbh

Oh, so you want him to come in and light shit up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2019, 11:22 PM

Which is odd considering the pro-Lonnie crowd believes he's a First Team All-NBA in waiting.

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:23 PM
Oh, so you want him to come in and light shit up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.
no not even that much. if he could just come in and not muck things up and play the system he would already have bell's spot. IMO you can tell Pop has penciled him in for bell's spot but he keeps giving him every reason to keep him out. He hasn't found his peace on the floor yet.

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:24 PM
Which is odd considering the pro-Lonnie crowd believes he's a First Team All-NBA in waiting.

Pro-Lonnie? How about just pro-Spurs? Doesn't take a genius to realize that he has a higher ceiling than that Italian piece of shit Pop continues to trot out.

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:25 PM
giving young players too much load when they haven't earned it is a major contributing factor to why so many lottery players bust. Just give it time. They are gonna develop him the right way.

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:27 PM
Pro-Lonnie? How about just pro-Spurs? Doesn't take a genius to realize that he has a higher ceiling than that Italian piece of shit Pop continues to trot out.
and just put 2 and 2 together... the bar is that low and Lonnie still can't play... that's how bad it is for a coach who wants to play him but can't.

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:28 PM
no not even that much. if he could just come in and not muck things up and play the system he would already have bell's spot. IMO you can tell Pop has penciled him in for bell's spot but he keeps giving him every reason to keep him out. He hasn't found his peace on the floor yet.

Let him play more than 9 minutes and if he continues making the same mistakes, then talk. Again, learning curve. Let him learn from his mistakes.

One 5 minute stint and a 3 minute stint three games later doesn't qualify as a fair chance. Doesn't matter how disastrous you think he's been.

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Let him play more than 9 minutes and if he continues making the same mistakes, then talk. Again, learning curve. Let him learn from his mistakes.

One 5 minute stint and a 3 minute stint three games later doesn't qualify as a fair chance. Doesn't matter how disastrous you think he's been.
he's played himself off the floor every game he has played... i don't understand y'alls crowd.... play him till we lose games? and this is my opinion but we've already lost a game because of him..

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:33 PM
giving young players too much load when they haven't earned it is a major contributing factor to why so many lottery players bust. Just give it time. They are gonna develop him the right way.

Too much load? Nobody is asking to make him the go to guy. Just give him Belli's minutes.

and just put 2 and 2 together... the bar is that low and Lonnie still can't play... that's how bad it is for a coach who wants to play him but can't.

Right. Because Pop isn't known for favoring his guys or anything. It's not like he closed a Game 7 with a guy that shot 20% in the playoffs. Must be all on Lonnie. :angel

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:35 PM
Too much load? Nobody is asking to make him the go to guy. Just give him Belli's minutes.

Right. Because Pop isn't known for favoring his guys or anything. It's not like he closed a Game 7 with a guy that shot 20% in the playoffs. Must be all on Lonnie. :angel
i'm just gonna agree to disagree.. there's not much else I can say... I just watch games and this is what i've seen

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:35 PM
he's played himself off the floor every game he has played... i don't understand y'alls crowd.... play him till we lose games? and this is my opinion but we've already lost a game because of him..

Two games. Stop wording it like he's had plenty of opportunities. You apparently also cant grasp how a learning process works.

BillMc
11-07-2019, 11:37 PM

Agreed. WE all want Lonnie to succeed. But he hasn't shown much so far. And the coaching staff also see him in practice. They know more about the present state of his readiness than we possibly can. Sure, game time is the best, but it isn't the only way for them to evaluate him. And, again, I've seen nothing in his short stints that made me think he's ready to unseat anyone. Trey Lyles, brand new to the Spurs, looks a lot better than Lonnie who has more time in the system.

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:40 PM
It blows my mind that two short stints are enough for some people to form an opinion. It's insane, really.

SupremeGuy
11-07-2019, 11:41 PM
This dude has been a clown since we drafted him.

sasaint
11-07-2019, 11:42 PM
He should stop worrying about trades, and worry about becoming a better basketball player.

I doubt he is worrying about trades like his fluffers on ST, but I also have some doubts that he is worrying much about becoming a better basketball player. I think he needs to go to Austin and actually play basketball. I don't think sitting on the SA bench is doing him much good.

raybies
11-07-2019, 11:43 PM
Two games. Stop wording it like he's had plenty of opportunities. You apparently also cant grasp how a learning process works.
i believe it was 3... to be fair he has given Lonnie chances... one game he gave up 2 and 1's, one game was 2 turnovers, and another he gave an and 1. You talk about the limited time he's had on the floor... how do you consistently do that... he's played like 5 games counting garbage time and gotten 3 shots at the rotation. Didn't pass the eye test or the game. He. is. not. ready.

Edit: I looked my information up. Feel free to stat check. Not two games but 3.

duncan2k5
11-07-2019, 11:43 PM
Agreed. WE all want Lonnie to succeed. But he hasn't shown much so far. And the coaching staff also see him in practice. They know more about the present state of his readiness than we possibly can. Sure, game time is the best, but it isn't the only way for them to evaluate him. And, again, I've seen nothing in his short stints that made me think he's ready to unseat anyone. Trey Lyles, brand new to the Spurs, looks a lot better than Lonnie who has more time in the system.

The coaches don't know shit... They benched the fuck out of white last year until he HAD to play due to injuries... We would have never known white was as good as he was if we were healthy...

sasaint
11-07-2019, 11:52 PM

If one concedes that the coaching staff is in a position to watch him more and evaluate him based on practice, then one must concede that in their evaluation he has been found undeserving of court time. But it does beg the question, in the staff's extended exposure and evaluation does Marco look like he deserves as many minutes as he plays? Were they so utterly wrong in their player evaluation when they signed Carroll to a 2 (then 3) year deal? After all, he plays very little more than Lonnie.

Dhbsr555
11-07-2019, 11:54 PM
I’m just frustrated with beli .. under 20 percent from 3’s I mean what would be the damage in giving Lonnie 20 minutes

FkLA
11-07-2019, 11:59 PM
i believe it was 3... to be fair he has given Lonnie chances... one game he gave up 2 and 1's, one game was 2 turnovers, and another he gave an and 1. You talk about the limited time he's had on the floor... how do you consistently do that... he's played like 5 games counting garbage time and gotten 3 shots at the rotation. Didn't pass the eye test or the game. He. is. not. ready.

Edit: I looked my information up. Feel free to stat check. Not two games but 3.

4:56
4:59
2:11

Only fools draw conclusions from 12 total minutes, spread out over multiple games.

raybies
11-08-2019, 12:06 AM
4:56
4:59
2:11

Only fools draw conclusions from 12 total minutes, spread out over multiple games.
umkay man.. keep drinking the kool aid.

FkLA
11-08-2019, 12:11 AM
You're dumb.

Have never made any outrageous claims about Lonnie. I'm just reasonable enough to not bury the guy after 12 minutes. His ceiling is TBD so let's find out instead of continuing to waste our time on a known piece of shit in Belli.

raybies
11-08-2019, 12:15 AM
You're dumb.

Have never made any outrageous claims about Lonnie. I'm just reasonable enough to not bury the guy after 12 minutes. His ceiling is TBD so let's find out instead of continuing to waste our time on a known piece of shit in Belli.
well on a side note we both think each other is dumb. that's cute

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-08-2019, 12:27 AM
Oh, so you want him to come in and light shit up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.That means he belongs in the G league.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-08-2019, 12:30 AM

One 5 minute stint and a 3 minute stint three games later doesn't qualify as a fair chance. Doesn't matter how disastrous you think he's been.That's what the G league is for.

mookie2001
11-08-2019, 12:38 AM
What about poor samanic he hasn’t even dressed out this year.

11-08-2019, 12:56 AM
I’m just frustrated with beli .. under 20 percent from 3’s I mean what would be the damage in giving Lonnie 20 minutes
Because there’s actually people in the locker room and not robots. It’s not just X and Os that are being managed.

Chris
11-08-2019, 12:58 AM
You guys do know Lonnie's had chances to show Pop and the team his worth in practices, right? It's not just that he doesn't make the most of the time he gets in real games. He's obviously not showing enough in practices, no matter how unimportant Allen Iverson thought they were.

we talkin bout practice

TimmyBuckets
11-08-2019, 01:08 AM
Kawitter really did a number on a lot of folks on here

james evans
11-08-2019, 01:11 AM
Add in that he doesn’t have the luxury of playing with Duncan as a rookie. He’s got Aldridge and Derozen to learn from. That’s bad enough

TheRemix
11-08-2019, 01:48 AM
That's what the G league is for.

? Lonnie will light up the G-league. He needs to play against NBA level talent. Not scrubs.

Also can't believe the posters in here thinking a non- defensive unathletic "shooter" who can barely hit his shots is a better choice than Lonnie.

monty4329
11-08-2019, 07:56 AM

He doesn't know where to be on the court. Playing time doesn't help not knowing where to be.
Maybe he gets in and he is not focused, or he is but he simply can't play NBA basketball. It has nothing to do with potential. He is a mistake machine.

I hope he'll improve and find a way to make an NBA career for himself, he seems a very nice guy. But right now he sucks so much it is painful to watch.

monty4329
11-08-2019, 08:00 AM
? Lonnie will light up the G-league. He needs to play against NBA level talent. Not scrubs.

He does it in every practice.

jjktkk
11-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Oh, so you want him to come in and light shit up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.And how do you know this?

jjktkk
11-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Right. Because Pop isn't known for favoring his guys or anything. It's not like he closed a Game 7 with a guy that shot 20% in the playoffs. Must be all on Lonnie. :angelDude, WTF? All these players are Pop's "guys" What kind of benefit would it be to not playing Walker, if he's ready to play?

jjktkk
11-08-2019, 08:42 AM
The coaches don't know shit... They benched the fuck out of white last year until he HAD to play due to injuries... We would have never known white was as good as he was if we were healthy...The coaches don't know shit, but you do? :lol

benefactor
11-08-2019, 08:48 AM
The coaches don't know shit, but you do? :lol
Don't respond to him. He's one of the dumbest posters on this site.

JuneJive
11-08-2019, 09:20 AM
Milk Beli for what he's got.

Walker will get his minutes soon enough.

Why doubt PATFO when it comes to player developement?

John B
11-08-2019, 09:43 AM
If Pop wasn’t tough on him, he’s gone. He’s making him earn his minutes and he will. The only way is to get better. With all his athleticism, he is still lost out there. Maybe more Austin time for him to get him on rythm. But he would be fine. People think this is Sacramento or Phoenix where they don’t have any better players and are forced to use their rookies from day one. Spurs is a deep roster. Agree I like to see him taking Beli’s minutes, guess what? Beli was part of the beautiful game, tested and with championship caliber. Lonnie needs to grab his minutes from a champ.

FkLA
11-08-2019, 09:48 AM
well on a side note we both think each other is dumb. that's cute

I know, I want the kid to get a fair shot instead of just continuing to trot out the same low ceiling, no defense playing loser. What a koolaid drinker and idiot I am. :rolleyes

Dejounte
11-08-2019, 10:09 AM
If Pop wasn’t tough on him, he’s gone. He’s making him earn his minutes and he will. The only way is to get better. With all his athleticism, he is still lost out there. Maybe more Austin time for him to get him on rythm. But he would be fine. People think this is Sacramento or Phoenix where they don’t have any better players and are forced to use their rookies from day one. Spurs is a deep roster. Agree I like to see him taking Beli’s minutes, guess what? Beli was part of the beautiful game, tested and with championship caliber. Lonnie needs to grab his minutes from a champ.

See how OKC treats Bazley last night. He looks like a deer in headlights. For as much potential Bazley looks like he has, it is being ruined by OKC throwing him out to the wolves like that. He is going to end up being a mediocre player in the long run. This is what the impatient "fans" here are missing.

BD24
11-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Generally don’t agree with this faggot, but he’s spot on here.

Cant judge a guy after so little playing time. Add to that how fucking poor Belli is playing and there isn’t really a good reason to not give him some more run tbh.

exstatic
11-08-2019, 10:51 AM
See how OKC treats Bazley last night. He looks like a deer in headlights. For as much potential Bazley looks like he has, it is being ruined by OKC throwing him out to the wolves like that. He is going to end up being a mediocre player in the long run. This is what the impatient "fans" here are missing.

https://www.thestepien.com/2019/11/02/nba-notes-jarrett-culver-team-context-related-possibility-failure/

Or this guy...

raybies
11-08-2019, 10:57 AM
I know, I want the kid to get a fair shot instead of just continuing to trot out the same low ceiling, no defense playing loser. What a koolaid drinker and idiot I am. :rolleyes
Pop is saving Belis spot for him... I know this cause DeMarre should of been had belis minutes. For the hundredth time you can at least run a team with Beli on the floor. And people still faceguard him so he provides space. The spot is Lonnies for the taking. He just needs to do the basics.

cd98
11-08-2019, 11:34 AM
If this kid were to demand a trade, then he would not be Spurs material and probably not NBA material. I think you have to do something in the NBA before you can consider yourself so important that you have to be traded.

Maddog
11-08-2019, 11:52 AM
It blows my mind that two short stints are enough for some people to form an opinion. It's insane, really.

While FkLA has a valid point- it's concerning that he is not getting minutes.
DJM, DW and Kyle Anderson all played in 65+ games as a second year- so I suspect there are some concerns.
Of course this could all change in a few more games.

raybies
11-08-2019, 12:36 PM
While FkLA has a valid point- it's concerning that he is not getting minutes.
DJM, DW and Kyle Anderson all played in 65+ games as a second year- so I suspect there are some concerns.
Of course this could all change in a few more games.
Most of those games were rest games and garbage time I would imagine... Lonnie has been in 5 games out of 8 technically. White was out of necessity as well as Murray. There’s no necessity for Lonnie nor has he played well and that’s a massive understatement.

weebo
11-08-2019, 12:45 PM
The guy may have NBA level talent but not NBA level skill yet--from the few minutes he's gotten on the court he just seems completely lost--its fine he's still very young and with help from the Spurs coaching staff he'll figure it out..

Jsmythe
11-08-2019, 01:13 PM
In years past, you would see someone like Boban get only garbage minutes and then all of a sudden, the Spurs would play some really bad team like Philadelphia and they would give Boban a chance to play. I feel like Lonnie is in a similar situation as Boban's 2nd year. The problem is, this year the Spurs are a worse team overall, so 1) there is a lot less garbage time and 2) they are not so much better than the last place teams that they can just rest their starters. For reference, here is a game log of Boban's 2nd year with the Spurs:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/marjabo01/gamelog/2016

You can see he started to get more playing time just after Christmas.

RC_Drunkford
11-08-2019, 02:00 PM
In years past, you would see someone like Boban get only garbage minutes and then all of a sudden, the Spurs would play some really bad team like Philadelphia and they would give Boban a chance to play. I feel like Lonnie is in a similar situation as Boban's 2nd year. The problem is, this year the Spurs are a worse team overall, so 1) there is a lot less garbage time and 2) they are not so much better than the last place teams that they can just rest their starters. For reference, here is a game log of Boban's 2nd year with the Spurs:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/marjabo01/gamelog/2016

You can see he started to get more playing time just after Christmas.

Boban only played here for one year

Mugen
11-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Would love for Lonnie to be traded tbh. To see him shit on the Sniffers here would be great, just needs the opportunity.

Rosewood
11-08-2019, 07:08 PM
Would love for Lonnie to be traded tbh. To see him shit on the Sniffers here would be great, just needs the opportunity. This means you're not a Spursfan.

Also, you're a faggot. But that's probably not relevant to this.

Mugen
11-08-2019, 07:14 PM
This means you're not a Spursfan.

Also, you're a faggot. But that's probably not relevant to this.

Bold card to play with that avatar tbh.

baseline bum
11-08-2019, 07:23 PM

Pop could be trying to make Walker earn his time instead of just handing it to him. I'll trust him to play the long game here as much as it sucks seeing Bellinelli on the floor.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Would love for Lonnie to be traded tbh. To see him shit on the Sniffers here would be great, just needs the opportunity.I would love to see him traded too or sent to the G league where he belongs.

koriwhat
11-08-2019, 08:17 PM
If this kid were to demand a trade, then he would not be Spurs material and probably not NBA material. I think you have to do something in the NBA before you can consider yourself so important that you have to be traded.

it's because most crying have never paid their dues for anything.

Chomag
11-08-2019, 09:59 PM
Walker might not be able to but at this rate White just might.

GAustex
11-08-2019, 10:02 PM
I wish I could be sure of this but I think it take very little change in Lonnie’s play and he will see more PT.
All he needs to do is find his presence on the court. It’s like he needs to relax and play and do the things I am sure he has been taught. Breathe man and the show us what you can do.

He reminds me of when I first spied Vince Young at UT. You could see special. Walker has that. He needs to figure out how to harness it.

spurs10
11-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Yes indeed, a trade to the Austin Spurs would be perfect for him.

exstatic
11-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Walker might not be able to but at this rate White just might.

Yeah, his coach picked him for the US select team, promoted him to he US Men’s senior tram, and took him to the FIBA World Cup. I’m sure he’s furious. :lol

Yogatti
11-09-2019, 02:29 PM

:lmao

Yogatti
11-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Sniffers actually justifying playing Bellini/Mills over Lonnie Walker/Derrick White. :rollin

ChumpDumper
11-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Still blows my mind that the emo ankle biters here think the Spurs are terrible at player development.