11-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Would rather suffer through Walker's mistakes than have him play

vavvi
11-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Ouch

MultiTroll
11-08-2019, 11:17 AM
:lol:pop::lol

Retard has still managed to go 5-3 so it ain't going away any time soon.

John B
11-08-2019, 11:46 AM
He is playing himself out of rotation. Lonnie will get his minutes eventually. To be fair with Beli, the fault lies on Aldridge not establishing the paint to create open shots to our shooters, not contrsted. Demar, Murray and White also need to drive and dish. The same problem with Forbes getting a lower percentage. They need to shoot uncontested shots.

RC_Drunkford
11-08-2019, 11:47 AM
He is playing himself out of rotation. Lonnie will get his minutes eventually. To be fair with Beli, the fault lies on Aldridge not establishing the paint to create open shots to our shooters, not contrsted. Demar, Murray and White also need to drive and dish. The same problem with Forbes getting a lower percentage. They need to shoot uncontested shots.

About 60% of their shots are uncontested, they are generating enough open shots, they are just not hitting them

BSfromTX
11-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Would rather suffer through Walker's mistakes than have him play

No doubt. This irritates me the most when it comes to Pop

BatManu20
11-08-2019, 12:39 PM
:pop: “He’s a good player for us. I like what he brings to the table.”

NASpurs
11-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Ya but...

weebo
11-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Ya but...

Tweet is from Oct 28 bro...

Anyway, part of the reason Marco still gets to run is because LW4 has sucked so far--let's be real here.

FkLA
11-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Holee shit :lmao

NASpurs
11-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Anyway, part of the reason Marco still gets to run is because LW4 has sucked so far--let's be real here.

Yeah like a week ago when he was still playing like shit. Nothing has changed since. The time elapsed and Marco's play hasn't changed what Pop thinks Marco brings to the table.

In fact, there's been a minute or so uptick in Marco's play time since that quote. :lol

KayBee
11-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Absolutely. I want LW4 to excel as much as the next guy, but man, has he stunk up the court when he's been there? Yup.
Patience, Iago ...

tbdog
11-08-2019, 04:14 PM
There must be behind the scene issues with Walker and Beli. Beli is shooting so bad. You kind of think he'll 6/6 next game.

baseline bum
11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
God that .320 TS%

Mugen
11-08-2019, 04:18 PM
:lol

spurraider21
11-08-2019, 04:24 PM
:lol
yeah but did you see lonnie's body language during his 31 seconds?

DPG21920
11-08-2019, 04:31 PM
yeah but did you see lonnie's body language during his 31 seconds?

It would kill the locker room and the team would quit if they saw Pop play Lonnie with his lack of effort and production. Until he brings the total effort and production that Beli brings, you just can’t risk a mutiny for guys being upset at Lonnie getting minutes over someone like Beli who brings 100% energy and focus and results just because Lonnie was a high draft pick.

spurraider21
11-08-2019, 04:36 PM
It would kill the locker room and the team would quit if they saw Pop play Lonnie with his lack of effort and production. Until he brings the total effort and production that Beli brings, you just can’t risk a mutiny for guys being upset at Lonnie getting minutes over someone like Beli who brings 100% energy and focus and results just because Lonnie was a high draft pick.
not to mention beli's attention to detail on defensive assignments and rotations. and the way he pours the frothed milk over coffee in the mornings.

monty4329
11-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Still, defenses guard him tight as if he was shooting 45% from 3. That alone makes room for the others to find good shots.
When LW is on the floor the defense simply don't care. We'll see what Carroll brings, until then it's Beli time.

Obviously if he keeps throwing bricks eventually the defenses will stop guarding him and that will be the end of his career. I'd say he has 5 more games to show he can still shoot, then Carroll gets his minutes.

monty4329
11-08-2019, 04:51 PM

He wasn't

DPG21920
11-08-2019, 05:00 PM
He wasn't

Thats the joke.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Still, defenses guard him tight as if he was shooting 45% from 3. That alone makes room for the others to find good shots.
When LW is on the floor the defense simply don't care. We'll see what Carroll brings, until then it's Beli time.

Obviously if he keeps throwing bricks eventually the defenses will stop guarding him and that will be the end of his career. I'd say he has 5 more games to show he can still shoot, then Carroll gets his minutes.

Marco has had a ton of open shots. Defenses aren't guarding him super tight

Him being in the rotation is indefensible, imo.

Mugen
11-08-2019, 06:19 PM
https://media1.fdncms.com/sacurrent/imager/marco-belinelli-keeps-his-socks-on-for-dec/u/original/2403635/ccorjo6nmhrhhmspkiu5.jpg

AaronY
11-08-2019, 11:20 PM
https://media1.fdncms.com/sacurrent/imager/marco-belinelli-keeps-his-socks-on-for-dec/u/original/2403635/ccorjo6nmhrhhmspkiu5.jpg
Lmao

ZeusWillJudge
11-08-2019, 11:37 PM
His offensive numbers are worse than Matisse Thybulle's, and Thybulle is just on the floor for his defense right now.

Why is Beli on the floor.

ZeusWillJudge
11-08-2019, 11:42 PM
I did a quick search for guys who are getting 16 minutes or more per game, and have an EFG% of .320 or less. There are only 5 of them, and Beli's numbers are the worst of the bunch. He is arguably the worst player in the league that is getting regular minutes.

DPG21920
11-08-2019, 11:43 PM
His offensive numbers are worse than Matisse Thybulle's, and Thybulle is just on the floor for his defense right now.

I like how this is a statement vs a question lol.

GAustex
11-08-2019, 11:44 PM
It’s frustrating since all Walker has to do is just play. Things like being ready when you are off ball guarding and getting defensive rotations down. It’s not that hard. Why he can’t snap out of it and just play the game the right way is hard to fathom.
It’s right there for him and frankly if he just played kind of to potential he could he make the team a lot better.

11-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Wasn't bogdanovic available this summer

monty4329
11-09-2019, 04:09 AM

Because:
- LW is unplayable
- Did you see Carroll against OKC? he doesn't jump. I suppose he has some minor injury, as soon as he'll be OK he will play instead of Belinelli.

KobesAchilles
11-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Because:
- LW is unplayable
- Did you see Carroll against OKC? he doesn't jump. I suppose he has some minor injury, as soon as he'll be OK he will play instead of Belinelli.
Marco is more unplayable tbh. That’s not a good enough answer.

monty4329
11-09-2019, 10:01 AM

Look, you might be enamored with the idea that all picks around 17 are Kawhi caliber, I get it. But LW is not Kawhi.

There are plenty of rookies and 2nd year players doing fine, LW is not. He simply cannot play NBA basketball. You can refuse to see it for your own reasons. This doesn't change the fact that Beli will be out of the rotation only when Carroll will start play well (and my guess is Carroll is mildly injured). LW is a non-factor in this.

NASpurs
11-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Look, you might be enamored with the idea that all picks around 17 are Kawhi caliber, I get it. But LW is not Kawhi.

There are plenty of rookies and 2nd year players doing fine, LW is not. He simply cannot play NBA basketball. You can refuse to see it for your own reasons. This doesn't change the fact that Beli will be out of the rotation only when Carroll will start play well (and my guess is Carroll is mildly injured). LW is a non-factor in this.

You’re fucking stupid and the hilarious thing is you talk like you know what you’re talking about which is even funnier.

“He simply cannot play NBA basketball.” :lol

KobesAchilles
11-09-2019, 10:19 AM

Fuck Kawhi standards. You’re the only idiot arguing that. I just want him to shoot better than 20% from the field and average more than 2 points a game. They both suck defensively so that’s a wash in my book. If Lonnie gives me 6 points a game then that’s already 3Xs the production of Marco.

Dex
11-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Because:
- LW is unplayable

I'm starting to think this has to be real. I now Carroll is getting older, but his lack of mobility is still concerning...he's lumbering around slower than Rudy out.

I'm obviously no lip reader but during the last game, there was also a shot of him talking to DJ on the bench, and he was kind of rubbing his hamstring and shaking his head as if they were talking about it. Wondering if it's not a lower leg issue that is lingering or not being made public.

ZeusWillJudge
11-09-2019, 11:36 AM

BAM!

You're making up straw men. I haven't heard anyone say that - those are your words. You make shit up, and then claim someone else said something stupid. That's on you.

I think I posted it in another thread, but I did a quick search on players that get at least 16 minutes per game, and have an EFG% of .320 or less. There are only 5 in the league, and Marco is notably the worst of the bunch. Do you understand what that means? It means that Beli is arguably the worst player in the whole league that is getting regular minutes. One of the 5 players is Matisse Thybulle. He's still better than Beli on offense, but he's playing kick-ass defense. Beli sucks (badly) on both ends of the floor.

The point here... the only point worth talking about... is that Carroll at his worst is a better SF than Belinelli. LWIV, for all his defensive mistakes, isn't a worse defender than Belinelli - and at least there's a chance that he provides some offensive spark at times.

Marco is dead wood now. The eye test proves it, and the box score proves it. And all your angry talk and straw men won't change that.

monty4329
11-09-2019, 02:01 PM
BAM!

You're making up straw men. I haven't heard anyone say that - those are your words. You make shit up, and then claim someone else said something stupid. That's on you.

I think I posted it in another thread, but I did a quick search on players that get at least 16 minutes per game, and have an EFG% of .320 or less. There are only 5 in the league, and Marco is notably the worst of the bunch. Do you understand what that means? It means that Beli is arguably the worst player in the whole league that is getting regular minutes. One of the 5 players is Matisse Thybulle. He's still better than Beli on offense, but he's playing kick-ass defense. Beli sucks (badly) on both ends of the floor.

The point here... the only point worth talking about... is that Carroll at his worst is a better SF than Belinelli. LWIV, for all his defensive mistakes, isn't a worse defender than Belinelli - and at least there's a chance that he provides some offensive spark at times.

Marco is dead wood now. The eye test proves it, and the box score proves it. And all your angry talk and straw men won't change that.

Hey dude I didn't make up anything. WTF you talking about?

Angry talk what? I am not the one calling others idiot. But whatever, so the argument around here is LW is worth playing. Just because. As if Belinelli was the one stopping Pop from playing LW. Even my grandma from the grave sees that if Belinelli sits, it won't be Lonnie playing in stead of him.

I wrote in plain english why Carroll will take Beli minutes soon, do you have an argument on that to discuss? Doesn't seem to me, but maybe I just can't speak ST hate language.

You guys can try and insult, suit yourselves for what I care. Drop a note here when LW will play meaninful minutes in an NBA game...it might happen one day.

emanueldavidginobili
11-09-2019, 02:08 PM

What exactly are you basing this off of? His 3 minutes of play per game? If Lonnie and Marco swap minutes I guarantee you Lonnie gives the Spurs better production than Marco. And if he doesn’t who gives a fuck I rather have a 20 year old make mistakes and get consistent minutes rather than having a 33 year old bricking every shot and being a statue on defense.

monty4329
11-09-2019, 02:09 PM
You’re fucking stupid and the hilarious thing is you talk like you know what you’re talking about which is even funnier.

“He simply cannot play NBA basketball.” :lol

Another fine basketball analysis.

monty4329
11-09-2019, 02:13 PM
What exactly are you basing this off of? His 3 minutes of play per game? If Lonnie and Marco swap minutes I guarantee you Lonnie gives the Spurs better production than Marco. And if he doesn’t who gives a fuck I rather have a 20 year old make mistakes and get consistent minutes rather than having a 33 year old bricking every shot and being a statue on defense.

What makes you think that Lonnie plays the same position as Belinelli?
The argument should be why Carroll is not playing and Marco is. I wrote my answer above, care to comment on that?

Your guarantee is based on what? ''His 3 minutes of play per game?''

emanueldavidginobili
11-09-2019, 02:31 PM
What makes you think that Lonnie plays the same position as Belinelli?
The argument should be why Carroll is not playing and Marco is. I wrote my answer above, care to comment on that?

Your guarantee is based on what? ''His 3 minutes of play per game?''
Actual positions matter less than ever nowadays and you act as if Lonnie can’t play any position that Marco plays.

No my guarantee isn’t based on his 3 minutes per game, I don’t need that long. It took me about 60 seconds to know he would be better than whatever Beli actually does durning his 17 minutes per game.

spurs10
11-09-2019, 02:31 PM
It would kill the locker room and the team would quit if they saw Pop play Lonnie with his lack of effort and production. Until he brings the total effort and production that Beli brings, you just can’t risk a mutiny for guys being upset at Lonnie getting minutes over someone like Beli who brings 100% energy and focus and results just because Lonnie was a high draft pick. This. Beli isn't hitting shots, but they are in the vicinity of the basket unlike Carmen Miranda who brings nothing. He should go to Austin and play ball for a year. They must need him for practice is only reason he's in SA that I can think of.

monty4329
11-09-2019, 02:37 PM
Actual positions matter less than ever nowadays and you act as if Lonnie can’t play any position that Marco plays.

No my guarantee isn’t based on his 3 minutes per game, I don’t need that long. It took me about 60 seconds to know he would be better than whatever Beli actually does durning his 17 minutes per game.

One more fine basketball analysis.

Mugen
11-09-2019, 02:38 PM
:lol Cracks me up how people are starting to realize how fucking stupid this monty moron is, why is this idiot bolded? Never seen more classic GNSF takes in my life.

Kurgan
11-09-2019, 03:21 PM

Neither can Belinelli. I'm not even a big Lonnie fan but at this point anyone's a better option than the Italian corpse.

tbdog
11-09-2019, 04:32 PM
You just have to think Beli will make baskets and increase big leads against good teams, hence why Pop is going with him time and time again. However, instead of focusing on why Beli is playing, there has to be some serious concern why walker and Carroll are not playing. Because Beli surely isn't deserving his minutes. In fact there will be a line in the sand that Pop will be forced to go away from Beli.

GAustex
11-09-2019, 04:38 PM
All it will take for Walker is to be aware better on off ball guarding on defense and the reacting to the defensive rotations. Him getting lost and getting picked or Backdoored is what is getting him pulled. Not offense or on ball defense.
He does not know how to play when the action is away from him-on defense.

Ibleedslvrnblk
11-09-2019, 05:26 PM
You guys that go to the home games should all make a sign saying "why is beli on the floor?" Or "we want Lonnie!" Seeing a few dozen of those would be great

timtonymanu
11-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Another fine basketball analysis.

You’re a huge faggot. How’s that for basketball analysis?

Dverde
11-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Marco is stinking it up. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is smoking cigarettes on the bench soon