PDA

View Full Version : Dirk is scary.

Sense
11-02-2005, 01:15 AM
The guy's a monster with his friggin shot.

He just did like 4 straight threes to bring his team back in the 4th quarter..

Wow those shots were so random, but it was like seeing TMAC do what he did to the Spurs with 10 secs, minus the time.

He was critical and now they have the lead by 1...

I'm thinking they can win.

Horry For 3!
11-02-2005, 01:38 AM
He hasn't done shit in OT though.

Sense
11-02-2005, 01:54 AM
He hasn't done shit in OT though.

Well, I'll tell you one thing....

The Suns are definately looking at him more now... making a difference.

woodseed
11-02-2005, 02:00 AM
If we use players to represent the teams, it's like peja going against veshon, while the spurs are michael jordan. just no comparison.

Horry For 3!
11-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Dirk stepped up in Double OT.

Mavs win 111-108 in Double OT.

sa_butta
11-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Scary was that Jacket Cuban was wearing.
Did he borrow it fromCraig Sager?

Shown here wearing the jacket.
http://i.tnt.tv/v5cache/TNT/Images/NBA_csager.gif

Horry For 3!
11-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Scary was that Jacket Cuban was wearing.
Did he borrow it fromCraig Sager?

Shown here wearing the jacket.
http://i.tnt.tv/v5cache/TNT/Images/NBA_csager.gif
I think so.

TDMVPDPOY
11-02-2005, 10:42 AM
nothin special, mavs took 2 ots to win against an amareless team

mavsfan1000
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
nothin special, mavs took 2 ots to win against an amareless team

Yeah but Nash is the real leader of that team. The offense still runs the same or close and his teammates still get open shots off of Nash's penetration. Dallas didn't play well but it is the first game.

BillsCarnage
11-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Yeah but Nash is the real leader of that team. The offense still runs the same or close and his teammates still get open shots off of Nash's penetration. Dallas didn't play well but it is the first game.

But Nash didn't penetrate. That second OT was horrible. Everyone sit out on the arch, wait for the switch of Dirk on Nash and hope Nash hits the shot. Which he didn't. That second OT really exposed the sans Amare Suns.

Now, back track to 7min left in the 4th and the 17pt lead. D'Antoni brought Nash back in when the squad on the floor was in complete control of the game. D'Antoni over coached.

FromWayDowntown
11-02-2005, 02:22 PM
But Nash didn't penetrate. That second OT was horrible. Everyone sit out on the arch, wait for the switch of Dirk on Nash and hope Nash hits the shot. Which he didn't. That second OT really exposed the sans Amare Suns.

I agree. Without Amare there to create space, the Suns looked very passive, offensively. I have to say though, they played far better than I expected for most of that game. I will admit that I may have "misunderestimated" what the Suns were capable of doing with Amare and certainly what they seem to be capable of doing without him.

Now, back track to 7min left in the 4th and the 17pt lead. D'Antoni brought Nash back in when the squad on the floor was in complete control of the game. D'Antoni over coached.

Would you have kept Nash out of the game entirely? I mean, when is an appropriate point to bring him back if not a 7 min left and +17?

Obstructed_View
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Dallas sucks badly on both ends of the floor. As usual, it took them jacking up threes at the end just to have a chance in the game against a team they should have beat pretty easily.

BillsCarnage
11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Would you have kept Nash out of the game entirely? I mean, when is an appropriate point to bring him back if not a 7 min left and +17?

I'd have waited for the right time to put nash in. The group that got them the 17pt lead was trapping, collapsing in the paint and rebounding on the defensive end. They were hot so there was no need to yank them.

I think they looked worse w/Nash at the end and OT.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Keep that choking empeefree on the bench, where he belongs. What a stupid team to put their best players on the floor in the fourth quarter. Fire D'Antoni now!

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Dirk was the man last night :fro

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Sense, I thought you meant literally.

Anyway, that shot has been there all playoffs. As much of a pussy inside as he is, you still have to give him credit for making tough shots.