PDA

View Full Version : Report: Orlando Magic Interested in Demar Derozan...

apalisoc_9
11-13-2019, 01:30 PM
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2862561-demar-derozan-trade-rumors-magic-have-expressed-interest-in-spurs-star.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

ZeusWillJudge
11-13-2019, 01:43 PM
There's another article down the page that's probably more to the point. The question nobody seems to be asking is: "If DeRozan was the wrong move for the Spurs, why would it be the right move for Orlando?"

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2862388-nba-teams-that-clearly-need-their-own-version-of-the-process.amp.html?%24deeplink_path=article%2Fbleach erreport.com%2Farticles%2F2862388-nba-teams-that-clearly-need-their-own-version-of-the-process&%24fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsyndication.bleacher report.com%2Famp%2F2862388-nba-teams-that-clearly-need-their-own-version-of-the-process.amp.html&_branch_match_id=723232192380004833

Second-guessing the San Antonio Spurs seldom seems advisable, but they've given us no other choice.
How did they not start over when Kawhi Leonard forced his way out in 2018? Why make a now-30-year-old DeMar DeRozan the centerpiece of that exchange and only collect one first-rounder—not even a lottery pick—while giving up both Leonard and Danny Green (i.e. 40 percent of the Toronto Raptors' championship starting five)?
Why were they mulling a possible max extension for DeRozan before the season, as Mike Finger (https://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/mike_finger/article/As-Popovich-pulls-double-duty-he-s-reminded-of-14295675.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20 (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral) reported for the San Antonio Express-News? Why did they feel it necessary to fully guarantee (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859533-lamarcus-aldridges-24m-salary-guaranteed-by-spurs-for-2020-21-season) Aldridge's $24 million option for the 2020-21 season eight months before they needed to?

Are they seeing something we don't? Because to us, these look like 30-somethings who are in decline and incapable of leading a team to anything more than one of the West's final playoff spots. Embracing mid-range chuckers in a time of analytics feels not like a zig against a league-wide zag, but rather simply applying an outdated approach and shrinking the team's ceiling because of it.
"A seemingly unwavering faith in post-ups, long 2s and Marco Belinelli has locals and outsiders alike wondering, for the first time in eons, if the Spurs are behind the curve rather than ahead of it," The Athletic's John Hollinger (https://theathletic.com/1367947/2019/11/11/hollinger-tony-parkers-jersey-retirement-speaks-volumes-about-the-spurs-wondrous-past-uncertain-future/) wrote.
They don't have an elite player on the roster. They have no guaranteed future stars, either. Dejounte Murray comes closest, but he's facing a treacherous path to get there as a non-shooting perimeter player.
San Antonio should embark on the fire sale that it should've had as soon as Leonard wanted out. The rewards won't be nearly as rich as they could have been, but anything that moves the Spurs away from this forgettable present and toward whatever the future holds is worth exploring.

jermaine
11-13-2019, 01:50 PM
What do they have that we can use?? Wait... idgaf,I'll take whatever.

TDomination
11-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Yes please take him now!

r0drig0lac
11-13-2019, 01:54 PM
What do they have that we can use?? Wait... idgaf,I'll take whatever.

Aminu + Gordon or Fournier. I take and run

UZER
11-13-2019, 02:04 PM
Wait, this seems pretty odd.

ST says we should trade DDr to Orlando. Reports come out that there are rumors of a trade of of DDR to Orlando. ST starts posting articles about rumors of a trade that seems to have come from ST.

:lol

TDomination
11-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Aminu + Gordon or Fournier. I take and run
man at this point i'd take a salary dump lol but anything in return that can be somewhat serviceable would be great!i'd take aminum for ddr straight up. we'd at least get some size at the 3

FkLA
11-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Aaron Gordon, please. They can have Forbes if they want too. I'd offer Wombat or Beli before Forbes but we all know the former is untradeable for Pop and that noone wants the latter.

Degoat
11-13-2019, 02:10 PM
I would fcking Love Aaron Gordon!

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-13-2019, 02:14 PM

ST says we should trade DDr to Orlando. Reports come out that there are rumors of a trade of of DDR to Orlando. ST starts posting articles about rumors of a trade that seems to have come from ST.

You're probably right.

It's rare for any rumor about a Spurs trade to carry much weight. There would be a lot of celebrating around here if DDR was traded, even for Orlando's garbage.

jermaine
11-13-2019, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry yal... Forbes is untouchable. An we all know Patty ain't going. So its Marco an Demar or bust.

FkLA
11-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer reported Wednesday that "it would surprise none of the front-office executives" he spoke with if the Spurs opt to move DeRozan.

Not sure if this has been posted/discussed already but this is great fucking news. Just don't get fleeced again. Get our SF of the future, tbh.

TheRemix
11-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Take him please Orlando. Maybe those theme parks down there can help with his depression

Dennis the Menace
11-13-2019, 02:20 PM
Gordon + Fournier would be fair

TheRemix
11-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Aaron Gordon, please. They can have Forbes if they want too. I'd offer Wombat or Beli before Forbes but we all know the former is untradeable for Pop and that noone wants the latter.

DDR and beli for Aaron Gordon.

jermaine
11-13-2019, 02:21 PM
If Derozan plays tonight, he's not being traded. It's that simple. If we see "Load Management" for him, someone please post the "Its Happening" meme please.

sananspursfan21
11-13-2019, 02:24 PM
Marco can go to the Magic for free. Just do it and put an asterisk on the trade paperwork.

UZER
11-13-2019, 02:25 PM
I pray to God he’s traded, for whatever at this point.

If, and big IF, the rumors are true, maybe the boos were an eye opener for the Holts and front office that DDR is a dead duck on this team.

Dex
11-13-2019, 02:26 PM
If Derozan plays tonight, he's not being traded. It's that simple. If we see "Load Management" for him, someone please post the "Its Happening" meme please.

What does tonight have to do with anything? Trade deadline isn't until February and he probably ain't going anywhere before that.

Genovaswitness
11-13-2019, 02:28 PM
please for the love of god let this sack of shit go. fuck him.

jermaine
11-13-2019, 02:45 PM
What does tonight have to do with anything? Trade deadline isn't until February and he probably ain't going anywhere before that.

I want the trade to happen NOW, not later

MoSpur02
11-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Wait till December and get me Ross and Gordon for Belinelli and DeRozan

AussieFanKurt
11-13-2019, 02:57 PM
This won't happen tbh

Emperor
11-13-2019, 02:58 PM

That's the one. Works in the trade machine also.

TDomination
11-13-2019, 03:00 PM
I so want this to happen. But to you all that have more knowledge about the Magic, why would it be a good move for Magic to move Gordon for DDR? Or anyone for Derozan for that matter.

Degoat
11-13-2019, 03:04 PM
I so want this to happen. But to you all that have more knowledge about the Magic, why would it be a good move for Magic to move Gordon for DDR? Or anyone for Derozan for that matter.

Pressure to make the playoffs I would imagine, demar maybe a choker but he can lead a team to the playoffs in east and also with Jonathan Isaac emergence Gordon kinda becomes expendable for them

Dejounte
11-13-2019, 03:04 PM

Is this an insider post?

Lets see what the lineup would look like:

Murray/ White/ Quinndary
Forbes/ Mills
Lonnie/ Carroll
Gordon/ Lyles/ Samanic
Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

jermaine
11-13-2019, 03:07 PM
Is this an insider post?

Murray/ White/ Quinndary
Forbes/ Mills
Lonnie/ Carroll
Gordon/ Lyles/ Samanic
Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

So where's Rudy in your lineup?

Dingle Barry
I want Jonathan Isaac. 6'11 combo F, can score and is great on D. Avg 3 blocks per game right now.

spurspl
makes no sense for orlando magic unless we sweeten the pot by adding some picks

SPURSCHAMP
11-13-2019, 03:09 PM
watched a lot of Magic games this year, Gordon sucks, low iq chucker who has shown little improvement year over year... he's much better in theory than reality as an athletic young prospect that puts up meaningless stats.

Case in point.. Last week against the Mavs, Orlando was down 1 w 40 seconds left and Gordon commits an off-hand push off offensive foul, Mavs turned it over and Gordon takes the ball down the court and commits the same off-hand push-off and turns it over again. If Spurs fans are frustrated with Derozan they'd kill themselves with Gordon. Spurs should throw in LWIV and get Isaac tbh..

MoSpur02
11-13-2019, 03:21 PM
watched a lot of Magic games this year, Gordon sucks, low iq chucker who has shown little improvement year over year... he's much better in theory than reality as an athletic young prospect that puts up meaningless stats.

Case in point.. Last week against the Mavs, Orlando was down 1 w 40 seconds left and Gordon commits an off-hand push off offensive foul, Mavs turned it over and Gordon takes the ball down the court and commits the same off-hand push-off and turns it over again. If Spurs fans are frustrated with Derozan they'd kill themselves with Gordon. Spurs should throw in LWIV and get Isaac tbh..

Those calls against Gordon were bad calls. Very questionable. Gordon makes more sense in the starting lineup than DeRozan if you're keeping Aldridge. Slide White into the starting 2 slot.

NASpurs
11-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Those calls against Gordon were bad calls. Very questionable. Gordon makes more sense in the starting lineup than DeRozan if you're keeping Aldridge. Slide White into the starting 2 slot.

My sources ( MoSpur02 ) hasn't heard anything so this is all speculation.

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 03:28 PM

The reason it was spoken about here was because it was stuff people heard being discussed (to what degree, not sure). It’s just that others are hearing this stuff now.

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 03:30 PM
I want Jonathan Isaac. 6'11 combo F, can score and is great on D. Avg 3 blocks per game right now.

Part of the reason Gordon may be available is due to the Isaac breakout. They have Vuc, Isaac and Bamba but lack backcourt punch. ORL made the playoffs and wants to continue that and Gordon is blocking Isaac some.

Isaac will not be traded IMO.

SPURSCHAMP
11-13-2019, 03:31 PM
not really those calls were pretty obvious push-offs and will be called every time.. dude is a career 32% 3P shooter and is 28% on the year, spacing issues that exist now will still exist with gordon. Spurs should go after Isaac..

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 03:33 PM

Exactly right. He fits better than DeRozan does, is younger and locked in for a few years and plays a position that is a true need. He would free up minutes for the younger guys as well while still keeping the team around the same competitiveness right now (but also continues the win-build)

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 03:35 PM
not really those calls were pretty obvious push-offs and will be called every time.. dude is a career 32% 3P shooter and is 28% on the year, spacing issues that exist now will still exist with gordon. Spurs should go after Isaac..

Not happening. Gordon isn’t a great shooter, but the fact he attempts them, unlike DeRozan is huge. He can also play make from that spot and fits way better with Murray/White/Forbes and pushing the pace in transition which is the strong suit of having Murray.

spurspl
11-13-2019, 03:37 PM
agree, isaac or bamba should be our target. Then we could trade lma and ddr.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-13-2019, 03:39 PM
There's another article down the page that's probably more to the point. The question nobody seems to be asking is: "If DeRozan was the wrong move for the Spurs, why would it be the right move for Orlando?"

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2862388-nba-teams-that-clearly-need-their-own-version-of-the-process.amp.html?%24deeplink_path=article%2Fbleach erreport.com%2Farticles%2F2862388-nba-teams-that-clearly-need-their-own-version-of-the-process&%24fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsyndication.bleacher report.com%2Famp%2F2862388-nba-teams-that-clearly-need-their-own-version-of-the-process.amp.html&_branch_match_id=723232192380004833

Second-guessing the San Antonio Spurs seldom seems advisable, but they've given us no other choice.
How did they not start over when Kawhi Leonard forced his way out in 2018? Why make a now-30-year-old DeMar DeRozan the centerpiece of that exchange and only collect one first-rounder—not even a lottery pick—while giving up both Leonard and Danny Green (i.e. 40 percent of the Toronto Raptors' championship starting five)?
Why were they mulling a possible max extension for DeRozan before the season, as Mike Finger (https://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/mike_finger/article/As-Popovich-pulls-double-duty-he-s-reminded-of-14295675.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20 (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral) reported for the San Antonio Express-News? Why did they feel it necessary to fully guarantee (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859533-lamarcus-aldridges-24m-salary-guaranteed-by-spurs-for-2020-21-season) Aldridge's $24 million option for the 2020-21 season eight months before they needed to?

Are they seeing something we don't? Because to us, these look like 30-somethings who are in decline and incapable of leading a team to anything more than one of the West's final playoff spots. Embracing mid-range chuckers in a time of analytics feels not like a zig against a league-wide zag, but rather simply applying an outdated approach and shrinking the team's ceiling because of it.
"A seemingly unwavering faith in post-ups, long 2s and Marco Belinelli has locals and outsiders alike wondering, for the first time in eons, if the Spurs are behind the curve rather than ahead of it," The Athletic's John Hollinger (https://theathletic.com/1367947/2019/11/11/hollinger-tony-parkers-jersey-retirement-speaks-volumes-about-the-spurs-wondrous-past-uncertain-future/) wrote.
They don't have an elite player on the roster. They have no guaranteed future stars, either. Dejounte Murray comes closest, but he's facing a treacherous path to get there as a non-shooting perimeter player.
San Antonio should embark on the fire sale that it should've had as soon as Leonard wanted out. The rewards won't be nearly as rich as they could have been, but anything that moves the Spurs away from this forgettable present and toward whatever the future holds is worth exploring.

Hollinger with some incredible truth bombs that all of us have been saying on here for years :wow

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 03:39 PM
I also personally believe that a trade would happen well before the deadline if it’s going to happen. I think Pop will be reluctant but if Gordon is actually put on the table, they would want as much time as possible to gel and try to make the playoffs still.

But it’s going to take some more losses I think before Pop signs off on anything.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-13-2019, 03:41 PM
A trade will happen after Dec 15

8FOR!3
11-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Isaac/Bamba are obviously the two prospects I'd want but idk if they'll part with Isaac.

MoSpur02
Is this an insider post?

Murray/ White/ Quinndary
Forbes/ Mills
Lonnie/ Carroll
Gordon/ Lyles/ Samanic
Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

Nah. I don't have any inside info right now regarding any trades the Spurs might make.

UZER
I know Murray needs to grow a hell of a lot, but one of his issues is he needs young athletic running mates. Dude grabs the board and goes, but no one is there the fill the lanes for him.

This is one of the reasons Pop over playing but vets like Beli and Patty is frustrating.

Leetonidas
11-13-2019, 03:49 PM
It has to be Gordon. Not a fan of his but he seems to be the one they'd dangle for salary purposes. No way they're giving up Isaac or Vuc. Wouldn't mind Ross AND Gordon for Beli and DD

NASpurs
11-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Hollinger with some incredible truth bombs that all of us have been saying on here for years :wow

Some people here are slow to the take while some of us (recently coined the "edgelords") have been shouting this from the rooftops for the past year or so.

Dennis the Menace
11-13-2019, 03:52 PM

That would be the best move for our roster

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 04:01 PM
DD/Belli for Gordon/Fournier and don't fucking look back.

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2019, 04:03 PM
Been suggesting this move for a while now. With the report coming out I guess it won't happen. Pure speculation. Expect Flopovich to stand pat and keep trying to put a square peg into a round hole

FkLA
11-13-2019, 04:04 PM

You hearing anything brah?

ZeusWillJudge
11-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Gordon sucks, low iq chucker... If Spurs fans are frustrated with Derozan they'd kill themselves with Gordon. Spurs should throw in LWIV and get Isaac tbh..

Forget the push offs and everything else. Those are truth nukes. If all we get from DDR is another year of bad salary cap, it would be better to just play it out and let him go. At least then the Spurs could get about the business of building a winner.

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Gordon sucks? He might be one of the more versatile defenders in the league and fills a need.

tim_duncan_fan
11-13-2019, 04:06 PM
Yeah but nothing is going to happen.

Let's see how many of us this inevitably awful, trade-less season drives to suicide by the end lol

manufan10
11-13-2019, 04:09 PM

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 04:10 PM
Mo Bamba? :lol

manufan10
11-13-2019, 04:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJR2BQDXsAAejwF?format=jpg&name=medium

NASpurs
11-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Yeah but nothing is going to happen.

Let's see how many of us this inevitably awful, trade-less season drives to suicide by the end lol

Can't be worse than the mass suicide that will be caused when DeRozan inevitably gets extended.

manufan10
11-13-2019, 04:14 PM

Magic fans are in favor of trading for DD at 65% in this poll. :lol

lmbebo
11-13-2019, 04:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJR2BQDXsAAejwF?format=jpg&name=medium

Unless a 1st round pick added, not sure a great trade ...

Mugen
11-13-2019, 04:17 PM
I would literally take back anything from Orlando to move Derozan. It could be 2 Epcot annual passes for Pop and Patty and I'd call it a slam dunk for the Spurs.

r0drig0lac
11-13-2019, 04:19 PM

go Pop

BillMc
11-13-2019, 04:22 PM
So many want Demar traded just to be rid of him, but you need something back, otherwise you're just losing an asset. And Orlando really has nothing I'd want. Gordon has hit his ceiling. Fultz...meh, especially at the price. Tons of picks (since Orlando will probably suck again soon) is really only what I'd want to see. But you still need bodies for the salary exchange.

gambit1990
11-13-2019, 04:24 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AntiqueFragrantFantail-small.gif

GAustex
11-13-2019, 04:26 PM
This won't happen tbh
But it would be cool if it did

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 04:27 PM
So many want Demar traded just to be rid of him, but you need something back, otherwise you're just losing an asset. And Orlando really has nothing I'd want. Gordon has hit his ceiling. Fultz...meh, especially at the price. Tons of picks (since Orlando will probably suck again soon) is really only what I'd want to see. But you still need bodies for the salary exchange.

Gordon is flawed, but at worst he’s a much better fit than DeRozan with his abilities in transition. Best case? He improves his shooting, provides a lot more lineup versatility and allows LMA to regain form and he’s on a Rudy Gay type deal for his talents. His deal DECLINES every year which is even better.

baseline bum
11-13-2019, 04:32 PM

Addition by subtraction, man. It's like how Ewing was still an ok player in 1999 but the Knicks were better off when he went down so Camby could take his minutes. Same here with DeRozan vs White.

GAustex
11-13-2019, 04:36 PM

Could be Spurs fans rigging the ballot box?

SAGirl
11-13-2019, 04:38 PM
I also personally believe that a trade would happen well before the deadline if it’s going to happen. I think Pop will be reluctant but if Gordon is actually put on the table, they would want as much time as possible to gel and try to make the playoffs still.

But it’s going to take some more losses I think before Pop signs off on anything.
Part of me hopes this happens ASAP bc right now there aren't any injuries... downside to postponing things like this if there is something possible/interesting is any injury can derail it.

Degoat
11-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Some people may not like this but I wouldn’t hesitate to throw Lonnie in the deal with him, I like what I’m seeing from Keldon Johnson in the g league :flag: he had another 20 point game

szkorhetz
11-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Addition by subtraction, man. It's like how Ewing was still an ok player in 1999 but the Knicks were better off when he went down so Camby could take his minutes. Same here with DeRozan vs White.
DDR plays SF and PF, while White is a PG/SG. DDR doesn't take any of his minutes.

Spurs9
11-13-2019, 04:50 PM
1 Mo Bamba plz

Thomas82
11-13-2019, 04:56 PM
If I'm PATFO, I would try to get Bamba.

paperboy77
11-13-2019, 04:57 PM
I’d rather it was LA. LA for Gordon. I guess if DD goes LA might quit being such a wuss. DD forGordan would be an early Christmas for sure.... add Beli to that....!

TD 21
11-13-2019, 05:00 PM
As I said in the off season, it's a no brainer and if it happens, it's all but certain that Gordon will be the centerpiece of the return. Beyond that, there's various combinations to make the salaries work, as well as the possibility of adding a third team.

The easiest one is including Fournier and Belinelli (Carroll or Lyles could also work), but I don't really want the former. Solid fit offensively, but less so defensively. If it could be expanded to include the Thunder, where they get Fournier, Lyles and say Johnson for Gallinari, I'd probably do it. But the Thunder would have to really love Johnson to do that.

Another permutation is Ross (Spurs were rumored interested last trade deadline) and Forbes. I like it in theory, but they just overpaid the former with 4/$50M contract.

Then again, Forbes is tracking towards probably 3-4/$21-24M anyway, so is the difference of 4.5-5.5M per for the next 3 years enough to supersede the fact that Ross is a much better fit and does that amount project to be crucial otherwise in the next few years? Probably not.

I know they love him, but Forbes isn't a starter and can't play alongside Mills.

MoSpur02
11-13-2019, 05:01 PM
You hearing anything brah?

Nah. I don't have any inside info right now regarding any trades the Spurs might make.

Thomas82
11-13-2019, 05:01 PM

I would jump all over that.

Mugen
11-13-2019, 05:08 PM
As I said in the off season, it's a no brainer and if it happens, it's all but certain that Gordon will be the centerpiece of the return. Beyond that, there's various combinations to make the salaries work, as well as the possibility of adding a third team.

The easiest one is including Fournier and Belinelli (Carroll or Lyles could also work), but I don't really want the former. Solid fit offensively, but less so defensively. If it could be expanded to include the Thunder, where they get Fournier, Lyles and say Johnson for Gallinari, I'd probably do it. But the Thunder would have to really love Johnson to do that.

Another permutation is Ross (Spurs were rumored interested last trade deadline) and Forbes. I like it in theory, but they just overpaid the former with 4/$50M contract.

Then again, Forbes is tracking towards probably 3-4/$21-24M anyway, so is the difference of 4.5-5.5M per for the next 3 years enough to supersede the fact that Ross is a much better fit and does that amount project to be crucial otherwise in the next few years? Probably not.

I know they love him, but Forbes isn't a starter and can't play alongside Mills.

Gordon and Gallo would be redundant tbh (I know they have different skillsets but they're still both 4s).

I'd easily do Fournier/Beli as the fillers to facilitate the trade. Ideally, they can throw in Lyles and/or Carroll to free up a path for Lonnie but I wouldn't want to wait until December to make the trade.

Keepin' it real
11-13-2019, 05:09 PM

I'm outraged. I need a safe space. -- :pop: ... and a nice chablis.

spurspl
11-13-2019, 05:13 PM

that would be like a christmas gift in November for spurs

Dex
11-13-2019, 05:15 PM
I want the trade to happen NOW, not later

oqMl5CRoFdk

GAustex
11-13-2019, 05:16 PM
Please please please somehow get DDR out of SA and get something decent in return
A 3D deadeye SF and an active/serviceable PF for DDR and Beli. Get rid of Mills too.

timtonymanu
Obviously makes sense but won’t happen because it requires Pop to break up his :cry culture :cry. He’s probably heard of the rumors and thought of some snark remark and moved on from it.

Dex
The fact that this rumor is even creating a buzz in the media leads me to believe that there is less than a 2% chance of this actually happening.

timtonymanu
11-13-2019, 05:17 PM
The fact that this rumor is even creating a buzz in the media leads me to believe that there is less than a 2% chance of this actually happening.

Bingo

TD 21
11-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Gordon and Gallo would be redundant tbh (I know they have different skillsets but they're still both 4s).

I'd easily do Fournier/Beli as the fillers to facilitate the trade. Ideally, they can throw in Lyles and/or Carroll to free up a path for Lonnie but I wouldn't want to wait until December to make the trade.

Gordon can guard 3s. This whole "he's a 4" notion oversimplifies it. Sure, he veers closer to a 4, but he's really a big wing. He just needs to be paired with another sizable wing, who gives him the flexibility to play amorphously.

Do that and Forbes-Fournier are the starting 2-3, with Mills still playing off the bench. I'm tired of being undersized and having a bunch of physical liabilities at those spots.

The Ross scenario paves the way for White (or eventually Walker) to start as the other wing. Still on the smaller side in stature, but longer and more athletic.

SPURSCHAMP
11-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Exactly right. He fits better than DeRozan does, is younger and locked in for a few years and plays a position that is a true need. He would free up minutes for the younger guys as well while still keeping the team around the same competitiveness right now (but also continues the win-build)
I can buy the "younger and locked in + position of need", but he would not keep the team around the same competitiveness. With all our gripes with Derozan, he's a far better player than Gordon. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather Derozan not attempt 3's than Gordon attempting 4 a game and hitting 1. Gordon just isn't a good player and puts up empty stats on a team desperate for offense, the only thing he really has going for him is being a good dunker and a decent defender.

Not happening. Gordon isn’t a great shooter, but the fact he attempts them, unlike DeRozan is huge. He can also play make from that spot and fits way better with Murray/White/Forbes and pushing the pace in transition which is the strong suit of having Murray.
A Murray/Forbes/White/Gordon/Aldridge lineup looks less appealing to me than Murray/White/DDR/Lyles/Aldridge and who's to say Pop plays White and Murray together even if DDR gets traded as likely you have a player like Ross coming back as well. People can say getting rid of DDR is addition by subtraction but its not really when you're subtracting by adding Gordon.

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2019, 05:27 PM
I can't see the Spurs trading anybody who's starring in HEB commercials. It wouldn't be fair to HEB

John B
11-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Gordon and Ross for Demar and Belinelli. Then trade Aldridge for a defensive big and draft picks. Oh please let it be February already :hungry:

FkLA
11-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Fournier is a small guy, I feel like we'd still see a lot of the same defensive issues we see now if he slid into the 3. I wouldn't want him as the centerpiece of the return. Its Gordon or bust, imo.

Throw in Forbes to open up things for White.

Murray-White-Gordon-Lyles-LMA would be pretty beastly, tbh.

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 05:31 PM
Gordon is the best big in the league after Draymond at switching on defending pick and rolls, can space the floor, is athletic and gets out in transition, and adds depth. He ain't a world beater but he fills tons of needs.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
11-13-2019, 05:32 PM
I am hoping my friend and coworker can give me some info from the Magic side but nothing as of now. He had said (and I posted at the time) that Spurs had interest in Fournier this past off-season but appears to be after getting Morris before Knicks debacle and didn't involve DDR at all... Also said talks never went beyond initial inquiry but doesn't know if that was due to Morris situation or two sides being too far apart. I can tell you from several past conversations that Gordon situation is tough because he has a couple strong & vocal supporters in FO who believe he still can become at least a solid #2. As of last year the guy who mattered (Weltman) was adamant about getting a proven player + 1st round pick to consider moving him. Another season and Gordon not moving needle much may have changed things. If I get anything will post, but his brother is less likely to share with him things directly involving Magic players until after the fact. So most likely if I get information it would be Magic has no interest in DDR, or some inside details after a trade is imminent or completed.

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 05:32 PM
Fournier is a small guy, I feel like we'd still see a lot of the same defensive issues we see now if he slid into the 3. I wouldn't want him as the centerpiece of the return. Its Gordon or bust, imo.

Throw in Forbes to open up things for White.

Murray-White-Gordon-Lyles-LMA would be pretty beastly, tbh.

Ross is preferable for sure. I'd take Aminu too, but it doesn't matter. As long as DePression is GONE.

TD 21
11-13-2019, 05:33 PM
I can buy the "younger and locked in + position of need", but he would not keep the team around the same competitiveness. With all our gripes with Derozan, he's a far better player than Gordon. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather Derozan not attempt 3's than Gordon attempting 4 a game and hitting 1. Gordon just isn't a good player and puts up empty stats on a team desperate for offense, the only thing he really has going for him is being a good dunker and a decent defender.

A Murray/Forbes/White/Gordon/Aldridge lineup looks less appealing to me than Murray/White/DDR/Lyles/Aldridge and who's to say Pop plays White and Murray together even if DDR gets traded as likely you have a player like Ross coming back as well. People can say getting rid of DDR is addition by subtraction but its not really when you're subtracting by adding Gordon.

For sure, they'd lack a go-to perimeter scorer. But they'd unlock more lineup flexibility, improve defensively and have a more modern shot profile.

This could be akin to the Raptors trading then pseudo star Gay to the Kings for 4 role players in '13, instantly improving and never looking back . . . and if it isn't and they're just different, but more or less the same caliber, fine. At least they'll have a valuable role player, with remaining upside, locked up long term, get a clearer picture of what they have in Murray, White and hopefully Walker, a solid pick slot and out from under having to either extend this loser or watch him walk for nothing.

BatManu20
11-13-2019, 05:34 PM
These trade scenarios make no sense for Orlando... Just a stupid rumor tbh. Sorry boys.

BatManu20
11-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Spurs are closer to extending DeMar than they are to trading him to Orlando tbh.

apalisoc_9
11-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Gordon can guard 3s. This whole "he's a 4" notion oversimplifies it. Sure, he veers closer to a 4, but he's really a big wing. He just needs to be paired with another sizable wing, who gives him the flexibility to play amorphously.

Do that and Forbes-Fournier are the starting 2-3, with Mills still playing off the bench. I'm tired of being undersized and having a bunch of physical liabilities at those spots.

The Ross scenario paves the way for White (or eventually Walker) to start as the other wing. Still on the smaller side in stature, but longer and more athletic.

Gordon cant guard threes. Specially elite 3. with the exception of game 2, Nephew toyed with him. Outpaced him. If nephew can outpace him, anyone can since Leonard has never been a guy that relies on speed.

Hes also incredibly soft. Allowing load managment to bully him and Load managmebt is what 4 inches shorter and 30lbs less.

Id take Gordon just to get rid of derozan but i dont think it changes the team ceiling one but

SPURSCHAMP
11-13-2019, 05:40 PM
For sure, they'd lack a go-to perimeter scorer. But they'd unlock more lineup flexibility, improve defensively and have a more modern shot profile.

This could be akin to the Raptors trading then pseudo star Gay to the Kings for 4 role players in '13, instantly improving and never looking back . . . and if it isn't and they're just different, but more or less the same caliber, fine. At least they'll have a valuable role player, with remaining upside, locked up long term, get a clearer picture of what they have in Murray, White and hopefully Walker, a solid pick slot and out from under having to either extend this loser or watch him walk for nothing.
I'd rather tough this year out and let DDR walk for nothing and have the flexibility than lock in a low iq, inefficient, chucker long-term and maybe that's where we differ and you prefer to get something back for DDR. Gordon hasn't shown any real improvement in his game in the last 3 years and I don't know how much more "potential" he has. I'd prefer Derozan walk and have space than being locked into even more mediocrity with Gordon.

Mugen
11-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Spurs are closer to extending DeMar than they are to trading him to Orlando tbh.

It's sad because it's true tbh.

TD 21
11-13-2019, 05:45 PM
These trade scenarios make no sense for Orlando... Just a stupid rumor tbh. Sorry boys.

Eh, they kind of do. In a vacuum, I wouldn't want DeRozan period, let alone for Gordon, but each situation is different . . .

They're tired of losing, have no go-to perimeter shot creator, can't attract real stars and are one of the few teams with a surplus of big, athletic, defensive wings. Their GM also didn't draft Gordon, curiously structed his extension so that it descends annually and has a history with DeRozan from their Raptors days.

Gordon cant guard threes. Specially elite 3. with the exception of game 2, Nephew toyed with him. Outpaced him. If nephew can outpace him, anyone can since Leonard has never been a guy that relies on speed.

Hes also incredibly soft. Allowing load managment to bully him and Load managmebt is what 4 inches shorter and 30lbs less.

Id take Gordon just to get rid of derozan but i dont think it changes the team ceiling one but

He can. Big deal if he got lit up some against an elite player. That's the NBA for you, especially in an era where the rules cater to perimeter players. I actually thought he did a decent job, but it happens.

Load management is at least the same weight, is one of the 2 or 3 strongest wings in the league and has a 3 inch longer wingspan.

I'd rather tough this year out and let DDR walk for nothing and have the flexibility than lock in a low iq, inefficient, chucker long-term and maybe that's where we differ and you prefer to get something back for DDR. Gordon hasn't shown any real improvement in his game in the last 3 years and I don't know how much more "potential" he has. I'd prefer Derozan walk and have space than being locked into even more mediocrity with Gordon.

Flexibility for what? No one of any significant is coming here and they won't tank, so you can forget about being a dumping ground for dead money to take back a pick(s). Also, Gordon would have resale value.

We can play the positional semantics game, but the reality is, it's difficult to get forward with Gordon's tools period.

gambit1990
11-13-2019, 05:47 PM
aminu can finally be a spur.

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 05:49 PM
:lmao Space? No impact free agent is going to sign here. Aldridge was one of the very few exceptions to the rule.

Arguing about what trade to make is fine, but in no scenario should the Spurs let him walk for nothing.

Maddog
11-13-2019, 05:52 PM

Bump
I don't see Orlando doing these trades.
Gordon is one of those looks good from far, but far from good.

If Gordon and Fournier are so much better, why is Orlando so bad
Gordon is owed similar money to DDR

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 05:52 PM
Again, Gordon is one of the more versatile bigs on the defensive end in the league. Getting torched by the best player in the world isn't an argument against the fact that he is still relatively good, nor would it be his fault if this FO can't nab a capable 3 and D SF for those Kawhi/LeBron/Etc scenarios and puts him in a situation like that. Not like anyone can really stop those guys anyway...

SPURSCHAMP
11-13-2019, 05:54 PM
:lmao Space? No impact free agent is going to sign here. Aldridge was one of the very few exceptions to the rule.

Arguing about what trade to make is fine, but in no scenario should the Spurs let him walk for nothing.
great and if no one signs thats fine, it'll accelerate a tank and maybe we can take on bad contracts for picks. I'd rather that than be locked into mediocrity with Gordon.

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 05:57 PM
great and if no one signs thats fine, it'll accelerate a tank and maybe we can take on bad contracts for picks. I'd rather that than be locked into mediocrity with Gordon.

Gordon won't be your star. Isn't the idea to improve around a core of the guards + Aldridge? DD is hindering the guard growth. Pop isn't tanking, by the way.

SPURSCHAMP
11-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Gordon won't be your star. Isn't the idea to improve around a core of the guards + Aldridge? DD is hindering the guard growth. Pop isn't tanking, by the way.
DDR hasn't spent a second at the guard position this year so he really isn't stealing playing time. Replacing DDR with Gordon does little in helping guards grow and it might even hinder it since we'll likely take back someone like Ross to add to the logjam as well as Gordon spending time at 3. Pop might not even be here in a couple years and I'd prefer us to not be locked into Gordon when he isn't so we can properly tank.

Ibleedslvrnblk
11-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Omg! Omg! Omg! Please! Please! Please! Black Friday special! Name your price! Xmas in November!

GAustex
11-13-2019, 06:29 PM
Do not want to wait.
Every minute ddr is here everything gets weaker.
The young guards get discouraged. LMA does too and gets older. Gay too. Jacob ain’t get better.
The whole team will function better with a decent haul back. Someone(s) who can fit in and complement.
It is risky cause if the young guards spit the bit then we are in trouble. We really need Walker to help if ddr is gone.
If PATFO can pull it off we have a chance to pull together as a team and maybe be something. What they have now is not a good product.
IMHO

cd021
11-13-2019, 06:36 PM
Some people may not like this but I wouldn’t hesitate to throw Lonnie in the deal with him, I like what I’m seeing from Keldon Johnson in the g league :flag: he had another 20 point game

That's hustling backwards tbh. DeRozan is still the best player in any version of the deal, giving up Lonnie Walker make no sense.

Joseph Kony
11-13-2019, 06:37 PM
any trade that gets Derozan and Belinelli off this team, no matter wtf its for, is addition by subtraction tbh. i'd trade them for whatever the Magic want, throw in a 2nd rounder to sweeten the deal

NASpurs
11-13-2019, 06:38 PM
How many hoops and hurdles does Brian Wright have to jump to actually pull off a trade, ie Pop and RC. It’s probably like a bureaucracy in there.

spurraider21
11-13-2019, 06:40 PM
prayingdog.jpg

cd021
11-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Bump
I don't see Orlando doing these trades.
Gordon is one of those looks good from far, but far from good.

If Gordon and Fournier are so much better, why is Orlando so bad
Gordon is owed similar money to DDR

Orlando needs play-making and scoring tbh, DeRozan fills both of those needs. Gordon definitely isn't better but he has some untapped potential. His contract differs drastically from DeRozan. His contract descends as the cap continues to rise. There is a chance his realizes his potential and that deal becomes a steal.

phxspurfan
11-13-2019, 06:44 PM
I said last year Gordon was great for us and everyone shit on that idea lol. But yeah Gordon for sure, still.

Joseph Kony
11-13-2019, 06:46 PM
too bad SA cant work out a 3 team deal w/ Portland since they're in free fall to ship LA and DD's worthless asses out

phxspurfan
11-13-2019, 06:46 PM
Btw Orlando is the perfect fit for a player like DeMar. Small market, good for his points and minutes. Like Butler in Miami

dbreiden83080
11-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Jesus we basically giving up on the season already?

UZER
11-13-2019, 06:58 PM

It’s game 92 if you count last season. It’s the same damn team, expect the same results. Murray ain’t going improve much with DDR on the team. He’s stunting everything.

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 07:03 PM
DeRozan is definitely better than Gordon - no question. But he not only would fit a little better IMO (but still flawed), but he would open up time for the young guys. That’s a big part of this.

It’s about potential.

timtonymanu
11-13-2019, 07:05 PM
Lol people still convinced that keeping Derozan means Spurs can contend.

TD 21
11-13-2019, 07:25 PM
DeRozan is definitely better than Gordon - no question. But he not only would fit a little better IMO (but still flawed), but he would open up time for the young guys. That’s a big part of this.

It’s about potential.

Sure, but he's less valuable. Even if you have a virtually ideal roster built around him, like the '14-'18 Raptors did, there's immediately a sub championship ceiling with him on the team . . . and this team is basically the antithesis of an ideal roster built around him.

Meanwhile, Gordon has a chance to be an elite role player on a true contender. This team is obviously far from that either way and will be for the foreseeable future, but I'd rather the possibility of this (plus everything else I've mentioned) than the certainty of that.

tim_duncan_fan
11-13-2019, 07:25 PM

It’s about potential.

And also about not doing what we KNOW doesn't work any longer than we have to. This team as is is done and not worth worth continuing as a "just make the playoffs and see what happens" unit.

Either we change the roster and really see what we have in the young guys or it's a completely lost season.

Dverde
11-13-2019, 07:46 PM
I think booing DeRozan is the only thing that can make a trade happen. DeMar has to request a trade. It’s the only escape hatch in the organization

SpaceCoast Spursfan
11-13-2019, 07:53 PM
Nothing earth shattering, other than his best estimated price being much higher than what I would expect (based on overall info he has, not specific trade conversations).
From Magic perspective:

The FO is determined to be in playoffs, and show organization is improving and trending upward. They have three potential trade targets identified (one PG, other two G/SF). Would not or cannot give specific names. Do not want to move too quickly as there are a lot of pieces they really like and feel current group is capable of more. Also potentially would have more trade flexibility in mid December once some restrictions would expire. Without signs of improvement do believe they will make move and primarily looking for scoring, someone that can get to line. Only players virtually untouchable are Vuc & Isaac. Current belief of most in organization is Isaac ceiling greater than Gordon. Also they believe Okeke will be ready to go next year making Gordon more dispensable. Still asking price for any trade involving Gordon will be starter caliber player, a young asset + 1st round pick. Out of young guys most willing to move Bamba. Magic don't really feel too strong about Ross vs Fournier, and 1 of those two almost certain to be involved in trade unless it is a PG. Asked him in a DDR - Gordon swap what he thinks Magic would want - his best guess would be Gordon/Fournier/filler (Iwundu or Frazier) for DDR/Beli/Walker or White/Johnson/+first.

Edit: clarified that he thought this would be starting point but Magic would most likely be willing to include Mamba instead of filler player or would settle for 2 young assets or 1 young asset ± pick

Mr. Body
11-13-2019, 07:54 PM
I can definitely see the value to Orlando. They've got little talent, but the East is largely a crapheap. A guy who can facilitate and score can really push them forward.

The Spurs need to start a heavy rebuild. I'd take anything for DDR that doesn't cripple long-term flexibility. Letting him go and then starting to shop LMA are probably the right things to do at this point.

Keepin' it real
11-13-2019, 08:04 PM
This news will dominate ESPN all day tomorrow!!!

Go Spurs Go!

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Last year Aaron Gordon scored 16 points per game on 13.4 attempts shooting 45/35/73 %. DeRozan on the other hand scored 21.2 on 17.1 attempts. Factor in that every player who comes here usually gets a bump in shooting efficiency, better offensive spacing and also better defense and it's pretty clear the team would definitely not get worse by trading DeRozan for Gordon. If the Spurs can somehow offload Belinelli and include one of Ross/Aminu/Fournier that would improve the bench as well.

Orlando on the other hand is dead last in the NBA at points scored in isolation. They actually need an iso-scorer, so DeRozan is perfect for them. Trading Gordon opens up minutes for Isaac. That's a win-win.

In no way should the Spurs include a pick or any young player except Poeltl or Forbes

Noey7448
11-13-2019, 08:10 PM
Gordon and okeke for Derozen and belli. People forget about Okeke cause hes injured but he will be our sf of future if we can get him in trade.

CGD
11-13-2019, 08:16 PM
Nothing earth shattering, other than his best estimated price being much higher than what I would expect (based on overall info he has, not specific trade conversations).
From Magic perspective:

The FO is determined to be in playoffs, and show organization is improving and trending upward. They have three potential trade targets identified (one PG, other two G/SF). Would not or cannot give specific names. Do not want to move too quickly as there are a lot of pieces they really like and feel current group is capable of more. Also potentially would have more trade flexibility in mid December once some restrictions would expire. Without signs of improvement do believe they will make move and primarily looking for scoring, someone that can get to line. Only players virtually untouchable are Vuc & Isaac. Current belief of most in organization is Isaac ceiling greater than Gordon. Also they believe Okeke will be ready to go next year making Gordon more dispensable. Still asking price for any trade involving Gordon will be starter caliber player, a young asset + 1st round pick. Out of young guys most willing to move Bamba. Magic don't really feel too strong about Ross vs Fournier, and 1 of those two almost certain to be involved in trade unless it is a PG. Asked him in a DDR - Gordon swap what he thinks Magic would want - his best guess would be Gordon/Fournier/filler (Iwundu or Frazier) for DDR/Beli/Walker or White/Johnson/+first.

Edit: clarified that he thought this would be starting point but Magic would most likely be willing to include Mamba instead of filler player or would settle for 2 young assets or 1 young asset ± pick

Interesting insight. That seems a little rich for Gordon but in the ballpark.

tbdog
11-13-2019, 08:30 PM
It will take DD+Walker for Fournier + Gordon. And I think Magic would want insurance that DD will opt in.

tbdog
11-13-2019, 08:37 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure the leak came from DD agent and not Spurs or Orl as both franchisees are tight lipped. DD opting in would be a huge factor in what Orl is willing to offer. Therefore Spurs gave permission for Orl to talk to DD agent.

ace3g
11-13-2019, 08:42 PM
Well Spurs do play the Magic on Friday...

marinoman
11-13-2019, 08:46 PM
I want him gone but highly this or any trade happens

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 08:50 PM
DD passed up a wide open 3 per par in the TWolves game right now. Can we get rid of this faggot?

gambit1990
11-13-2019, 08:52 PM
get okc involved and make this a blockbuster trade. diallo would be good for the spurs. if pop ever gave him minutes :lol

FutureMan
11-13-2019, 09:03 PM
I’d rather DeRozan walk than take Fournier’s contract. Hopefully a third team would be involved if Fournier is in the trade.

007nites
11-13-2019, 09:16 PM

We haven't had a big that could block shots since Timmy that would be welcoming

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 09:20 PM
Who knows how legit this is, but like the Kawhi news that leaked early, having heard some chatter before this article came out at least lends itself to the info being credible.

Still plenty of hurdles but even as rare as it is to get a legit leak, this seems legit.

mo7888
11-13-2019, 09:23 PM
It seems much more legit than the Celtic article about them wanting DDR and LMA.

tbdog
11-13-2019, 09:32 PM
Orl not giving up on Isaac. Just not happening. He is a dpoy candidate very soon.

mo7888
11-13-2019, 09:34 PM
Orl not giving up on Isaac. Just not happening. He is a dpoy candidate very soon.

I think isaac is the only untouchable on that roster.

Davidicus2
11-13-2019, 09:36 PM
+1 to the “addition by subtraction” camp. DDR is like Dr Strange out there stopping the entire offense, only to watch him butterfinger the ball away or brick a spot-up mid-range jumper. More importantly, he doesn’t mix well with LMA’s mid-range preference (which is more reliable, and actually draws defenses sometimes), and Dejounte’s 1-man fast break (as do most current Spurs, to be fair).

If Orlando needs 3pt shooters (and scorers), we could send DDR + Marco for Gordon + Fournier (trade machine works). Please throw in a draft pick to close the deal if needed.

We could run Dejounte + Gordon pick n’ rolls all day, and pop out to a waiting LMA. Gordon can definitely run the fast break, and we have a banger down low on defense. LMA & the offense will have better spacing. Rest of the guards get some breathing room to grow. Also, Gordon & Fournier are younger & have more upside with a Spurs coaching staff.

Yes, on paper it doesn’t look like much, but our team makes no sense right now. We’ve been patching things together since Kawhi left, it’s hard to watch!

Vito Corleone
11-13-2019, 09:59 PM
If Derozan gets traded it will be to a playoff team with a legit chance at winning the title and in need of another scoring threat. They will have to give up their shitty draft picks and a young player, but he will give them a legit shot at beating the clipps and Lakers.

Or

Maybe there is a team who is being forced to trade their franchise player and he is just the thing we need make the trade happen. Maybe there is a dumb GM that would make that trade?

CGD
11-13-2019, 10:02 PM

Agreed.

What’s the deal on Bamba? Is he a bust or what? Haven’t seen enough of that team to know. The other prospect they have that’s interesting is Okeke.

tbdog
11-13-2019, 10:10 PM
No idea.

TimDunkem
11-13-2019, 10:10 PM
Bamba is looking like a bust, tbh. Don't know why anyone would want him when we already have one shit backup center.

raybies
11-13-2019, 10:11 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/4NpFSOi1ympYjQNdvu/giphy.gif

tbdog
11-13-2019, 10:11 PM
If Derozan gets traded it will be to a playoff team with a legit chance at winning the title and in need of another scoring threat. They will have to give up their shitty draft picks and a young player, but he will give them a legit shot at beating the clipps and Lakers.

Or

Maybe there is a team who is being forced to trade their franchise player and he is just the thing we need make the trade happen. Maybe there is a dumb GM that would make that trade?

Unsure there is a title contender that has 27 Mil of dead weight contracts.

tim_duncan_fan
11-13-2019, 10:20 PM
Not sure about Bamba.

timtonymanu
11-13-2019, 10:23 PM

I like how this is a serious statement when you see the state of the team right now

BatManu20
11-13-2019, 10:23 PM
DeMar is going to purposely suck on Friday as to tank his trade value to Orlando tbh :lol

GAustex
11-13-2019, 10:26 PM
In a losing effort ddr was ok tonite. He got his.

gambit1990
11-13-2019, 10:44 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj-iYWf5OjlAhUFbawKHbnVBGcQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fexplore%2Fthrow-the-damn-towel&psig=AOvVaw3RjBke5pfmIktA9M3DL_48&ust=1573789185406545https://media.giphy.com/media/s3hZZwFRki8r6/giphy.gif

RGMCSE
11-13-2019, 10:48 PM
Please trade this fake as all star. He stinks. I can’t stand a non aggressive player. This fool is looking for contact and two free throws down 10+ instead of attacking the basket and getting the and 1. He’s a stat player not a winner.

GAustex
11-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Our high paid “star” got his in a demoralizing loss

MoSpur02
11-13-2019, 10:51 PM

How is it giving up? The Spurs suck right now. Derozan is not a good fit on this team. If the Spurs can get a player or players in return for Derozan that can somehow fit better and improve the team then you pull the trigger. It's not giving up on the season. Its giving up on Derozan.

RGMCSE
11-13-2019, 10:52 PM

that’s the problem. It’s always a losing effort with him. When the spurs win he’s not a huge contributor. Get rid him and lamarsha outta here. I rather watch luka and Walker fuck up and learn in the nba then watch these generic ass losers.

GAustex
11-13-2019, 10:54 PM
Our high paid “star” got his in a demoralizing loss
Our high paid ball handling star was unable tonite to lead his team to more than a tepid effort

poopbox
11-13-2019, 10:56 PM
Agreed.

What’s the deal on Bamba? Is he a bust or what? Haven’t seen enough of that team to know. The other prospect they have that’s interesting is Okeke.

It just seems like Clifford doesn't like Bamba for some reason...he just seems to play him the bare minimum of minutes he has to...I don't really even know why cause it's not like Bamba is doing something wrong...but Clifford definitely is not a fan of dude...

I haven't looked but I would be SHOCKED if Bamba is even playing 15 minutes a game...

GAustex
11-13-2019, 10:57 PM
that’s the problem. It’s always a losing effort with him. When the spurs win he’s not a huge contributor. Get rid him and lamarsha outta here. I rather watch luka and Walker fuck up and learn in the nba then watch these generic ass losers.
For me I try to build a team that plays right and together and see how LMA meshes. He may be still useful if this team could figure out how to gel.
IF he still shrinks...then it’s time to run with the kids.

DPG21920
11-13-2019, 10:59 PM
How is it giving up? The Spurs suck right now. Derozan is not a good fit on this team. If the Spurs can get a player or players in return for Derozan that can somehow fit better and improve the team then you pull the trigger. It's not giving up on the season. Its giving up on Derozan.

Well said. It’s not just about talent. DeRozan is a better player talent wise than anyone on SA or ORL. But he doesn’t fit this roster.

RGMCSE
11-13-2019, 11:09 PM
For me I try to build a team that plays right and together and see how LMA meshes. He may be still useful if this team could figure out how to gel.
IF he still shrinks...then it’s time to run with the kids.

I can understand that. Lamarcus is the better player for this team. But damn defrozen just looks totally uninspired and it reminds me that we traded the best player in the nba for this fake baller. I want them to move on.

gambit1990
11-13-2019, 11:17 PM
:pop: "we like who we are."

Chomag
11-14-2019, 12:16 AM
I'll take a bag of chips if that's their offer lol

daslicer
11-14-2019, 12:19 AM
DeMar is going to purposely suck on Friday as to tank his trade value to Orlando tbh :lol

I think he would love to be in Orlando. I could see Demar enjoying Disney World since it is the happiest place on earth.

daslicer
11-14-2019, 12:22 AM
I can understand that. Lamarcus is the better player for this team. But damn defrozen just looks totally uninspired and it reminds me that we traded the best player in the nba for this fake baller. I want them to move on.

Still wished Pop had traded #2 for Kemba. Even if Kemba bolted it would have been a better trade. Plus #2 would not have won shit in Charlotte and thus not have gotten a huge legacy boost. Pop gifted him a free ring and in exchange got an empty stat player.

Prose
11-14-2019, 12:24 AM

truth :(

Prose
11-14-2019, 12:27 AM
Gordon + Fournier would be fair

not for them. DDR straight up for gordon wouldnt be either

Prose
11-14-2019, 12:30 AM

bc they are dumb and built a roster of 35 Pfs and C and no guards, so much so that they play gordon at SF and start DJ Augustine

spurraider21
11-14-2019, 02:15 AM
plot twist

trade falls apart because orlando demands marco be included and pop says no because who else is going to share the floor with bryn and patty?

duncan2k5
11-14-2019, 02:50 AM
As much as I would LOVE for this to happen... We all know it won't... How many seasons will we fall for this? Pop never makes moves during the season... Year after year we get our hopes up just to be the same team we came into camp with... Mentally prepare urself for DDR and LMA to play like complete trash at the end of the season like they do every year... Except they are older and slower now

tim_duncan_fan
11-14-2019, 03:08 AM

dbreiden83080
11-14-2019, 05:29 AM

This is based on the premise that Murray will rise up and be an all star right? Not seeing anything from him so far..

dbreiden83080
11-14-2019, 05:31 AM
I like how this is a serious statement when you see the state of the team right now

Yeah we are 5-6. Not like you will get anything top notch back in return. He has turned into a scapegoat. 75% IMO is still about losing KL and that was what we got back.. The Spurs problems don't walk out the door with him..

tbdog
11-14-2019, 06:42 AM
This is based on the premise that Murray will rise up and be an all star right? Not seeing anything from him so far..

To be fair, he had some big statistic games. But he fell off. There is no team synergy and yes the PG is to blame, but also the coaching staff.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2019, 06:56 AM
I'll take a bag of chips if that's their offer lol

And that is going to accomplish what? So we have LA As the primary option when he’s clearly past his prime. So we get nothing back at all and hope that Murray stands up and becomes an elite player. He hasn’t shown me anything so far this season. I think a lot of people are still emotionally tied to the KL trade. Of course he is not Leonard. But he is still pretty good. If Murray can’t stand out this season at all with this current roster. Then he’s never going to be elite.

8FOR!3
11-14-2019, 08:03 AM
As much as I would LOVE for this to happen... We all know it won't... How many seasons will we fall for this? Pop never makes moves during the season... Year after year we get our hopes up just to be the same team we came into camp with... Mentally prepare urself for DDR and LMA to play like complete trash at the end of the season like they do every year... Except they are older and slower now

It's been 20+ years since we've missed the playoffs. You don't make a big trade like this if you're a playoff team. The odds of us making a trade like this are higher if we're on our way out of the playoff scene, since well we haven't really faced that in the Pop era. DDR and LMA aren't terrible players, their fit together on offense is definitely awkward. The league seems to be going more and more all out towards fast paced offense and three point shooting and our team just isn't built to handle that in any facet of the game. I can see someone like DDR helping Orlando make the playoffs this year, they have plenty of shooters.

Augustin / Ross or Fournier (if 1 is part of trade) / DeRozan / Isaac (assuming Gordon is part of trade) / Vucevic

There you have, 4 guys who can spread the floor and one guy who's almost 7 feet tall and has the upside of a super elite perimeter defender. I would think there is a trade that would work out in both team's favor. DeRozan showed he's at best when he's the main ball handler and distributing (which I would think he'd be more efficient with 4 shooters around him.) Spurs have the playmakers (Murray/White and future hope in Keldon Johnson/Lonnie Walker) and need the defense and shooting. I think playing SF helped Aaron Gordon become a better defender bc he's definitely out of position there.

acoelho1
11-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Would love for Okeke to be included despite the injury, I’m very high on him and he’s definitely Spurs material.

TDomination
11-14-2019, 08:59 AM
And that is going to accomplish what? So we have LA As the primary option when he’s clearly past his prime. So we get nothing back at all and hope that Murray stands up and becomes an elite player. He hasn’t shown me anything so far this season. I think a lot of people are still emotionally tied to the KL trade. Of course he is not Leonard. But he is still pretty good. If Murray can’t stand out this season at all with this current roster. Then he’s never going to be elite.

Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Demar leaving would be addition by subtraction in the sense that it opens up the offense for more players like Dejaunte. Murray seems to be hell bent on making sure Demar and Aldridge get theirs. Which is admirable. But at some point he's gotta take his shots especially when he's got a lane. I've seen him pass up a lot of potential baskets because his mindset is to get his teammates involved. So if Derozan leaves, he might be more compelled to shoot.

His ball handling skills still need work but I have just have to hope that he gets better. Once he's able to take care of the ball better, he can go from being a good player to a great player.

Truth4sale$
11-14-2019, 09:13 AM
Orlando does not have equal value forDeRozan, he might not be a fit in San Antonio but he is loyal and is a "star" player. Orlando only has potential, but alot of guys in the NBA have potential and they go nowhere.

dbestpro
11-14-2019, 10:27 AM
27.7 mil contract for DDR, Vucecic 28 mil, Gordon 19.8, Fournier 17, Ross 12.5, Fultz 9.7, Aminu 9.3, Isaac 5.8 (won't be traded), Bamba 5.7.

Okeke is not under contract and will not sign his rookie contract until next year. Fournier is a free agent at the end of the year, but can hit the three. They want to move on from Gordon to give more time to Isaac, so he is most likely the bait. I don't think they want to trade Fournier cause the kind of defeats the purpose. Al-Farouq Aminu might be the throw in. Both would really beef up the interior defense, but might spell the end to the Lyles experiment, at least for a while. It is possible to trade straight up for Vucecic and allow LMA to play PF where he wants to be.

exstatic
11-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Why do people want Aminu? He's fucking horrible, shooting 30% from the field, OVERALL, scoring 4 points and grabbing 4 boards. He's had three complete seasons where he's shot LESS THAN 40% from the field, and he's 29 years old. He is what he is, and his development curve is done. Old and overpaid is no way to go through life, son.

r0drig0lac
11-14-2019, 10:48 AM
27.7 mil contract for DDR, Vucecic 28 mil, Gordon 19.8, Fournier 17, Ross 12.5, Fultz 9.7, Aminu 9.3, Isaac 5.8 (won't be traded), Bamba 5.7.

Okeke is not under contract and will not sign his rookie contract until next year. Fournier is a free agent at the end of the year, but can hit the three. They want to move on from Gordon to give more time to Isaac, so he is most likely the bait. I don't think they want to trade Fournier cause the kind of defeats the purpose. Al-Farouq Aminu might be the throw in. Both would really beef up the interior defense, but might spell the end to the Lyles experiment, at least for a while. It is possible to trade straight up for Vucecic and allow LMA to play PF where he wants to be.

Vuce, Isaac and probably Fournier wouldn't be available in a trade for Demar imo

cd021
11-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Vuce, Isaac and probably Fournier wouldn't be available in a trade for Demar imo

Why would Fournier be off limits?

r0drig0lac
11-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Why would Fournier be off limits?

Magic needs your 3pt shooting, especially with Demar on the team

spurspl
11-14-2019, 12:24 PM
bc they are dumb and built a roster of 35 Pfs and C and no guards, so much so that they play gordon at SF and start DJ Augustine

spurs aint better, tons of guards no centers and pfs

sasaint
11-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Why do people want Aminu? He's fucking horrible, shooting 30% from the field, OVERALL, scoring 4 points and grabbing 4 boards. He's had three complete seasons where he's shot LESS THAN 40% from the field, and he's 29 years old. He is what he is, and his development curve is done. Old and overpaid is no way to go through life, son.

No, but it is the Spurs’ way to go through life.

TimDunkem
11-14-2019, 01:20 PM

Sounds like the perfect trade partner.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Demar leaving would be addition by subtraction in the sense that it opens up the offense for more players like Dejaunte. Murray seems to be hell bent on making sure Demar and Aldridge get theirs. Which is admirable. But at some point he's gotta take his shots especially when he's got a lane. I've seen him pass up a lot of potential baskets because his mindset is to get his teammates involved. So if Derozan leaves, he might be more compelled to shoot.

His ball handling skills still need work but I have just have to hope that he gets better. Once he's able to take care of the ball better, he can go from being a good player to a great player.

Sounds like a giant leap of faith to me. I’m not sure addition by subtraction is going to work on this team when we don’t have a large influx of talent. From a talent standpoint we are one of the worst teams in the entire conference.

spurspl
11-14-2019, 02:34 PM
wat about goin all in and trade ddr for bamba, fournier and a pick and lma, loonie, metu and pick to atlanta for collins, crabbe, reddish?? $$ works. We can go into full rebuilding mode, have a lot of young prospects, let them play the rest of the season and see how they develop.
murray/crabbe/reddish/collins/bamba
white/forbes/fournier/samanic/poeltl

SAGirl
11-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Sounds like a giant leap of faith to me. I’m not sure addition by subtraction is going to work on this team when we don’t have a large influx of talent. From a talent standpoint we are one of the worst teams in the entire conference.
I don't expect them to improve by trading derozan. Maybe some fans here are really expecting that. It also depends who they get back, but personally I am of the opinion that it only gets worse b4 it gets better and this is not the worst that it can be.

I am remaining realistic on what a rebuild looks like. Already there are fans yapping about Murray going back to his instagram balling fame, White not having a star mentality or upside and Lonnie having long hair and a small brain or whatever the trolling is about him these days. Fans are already pretty critical and these guys don't have the burden to carry this team yet and Lonnie isn't even playing! It can get ugly.

It's going to be painful to watch youngins struggle. Some picks may not pan out in fact. Some may be good roleplayers but not enough to pull the Spurs out of the depth. Inevitably, without meaning to, the team loses a lot of games. My hope is to hopefully land players that in a near future will give us a lot to look forward to and to find out what they really have with all their youth, with a green light.

It will only get worse before it gets better. That is usually how it goes.

Maybe they can forestall that process a little bit longer with some trades, but I think the rebuild process is going to be inevitable. It should have happened when Kawhi wanted to leave and he tanked his trade value with shenanigans. If they couldn't get a better trade package (meaning a better player), they might as well have gone for an upside deal and get some picks. Kick start a rebuild process that was due to happen when Tim retired had Kawhi not been here.

WE all feared how the Spurs would look when Timmy retired and this is how it looks like. They need to go back to the talent pool in the draft and rebuild. It's kind of irresponsible to not get anything you can to help that process and have DD and LMA leading a tankathon. It's why Grizzlies eventually were forced to trade Conley and Gasol, and now have at least some players to look forward to developing in present and future. There are no guarantees in this process. But there is a guarantee that standing pat isn't going to help them long term, IMO. Either make a win now move, or rebuild.

If they do swing a trade to improve this season I will support them (sniff, sniff), but I still see so many flaws in the roster that I think just trading demar isn't going to fix things IMO (and that is where I don't sniff anymore lol). Maybe I am in an pessimistic mood, but I am not expecting this process to be easy no matter what happens. I just feel better about having something to look forward to, than not having it.

sasaint
11-14-2019, 05:15 PM
Would love for Okeke to be included despite the injury, I’m very high on him and he’s definitely Spurs material.

👍 YES!

Kurgan
11-14-2019, 05:18 PM

No way in hell they're including him in any trade. They haven't even officially signed him to a contract yet.

Prose
11-14-2019, 07:07 PM

That’s why we would be good trade partners. We needs forwards and they need guards

r0drig0lac
11-15-2019, 01:48 PM
http://forum.truebluenation.com/index.php?/topic/255149-2019-2020-official-trade-ideas-thread/&page=8

Assuming this would not wait for mid-December, Derozan for Fournier+DJ seems to work but I don't see any major benefit for both teams...

Now, Gordon+Fournier for Derozan+Walker+K.Johnson+White(or a pick) would also work and would look more reasonable.

lmbebo
11-15-2019, 01:58 PM
http://forum.truebluenation.com/index.php?/topic/255149-2019-2020-official-trade-ideas-thread/&page=8

Assuming this would not wait for mid-December, Derozan for Fournier+DJ seems to work but I don't see any major benefit for both teams...

Now, Gordon+Fournier for Derozan+Walker+K.Johnson+White(or a pick) would also work and would look more reasonable.

That bolded trade idea is ridiculous ... "more reasonable" :eyebrows

worse than some of our proposals!

BatManu20
11-15-2019, 04:33 PM

BatManu20
11-15-2019, 04:34 PM

lmbebo
11-15-2019, 05:09 PM

DDR quietly asking for a trade? Agent pushing for him to get traded?

UZER
11-15-2019, 05:18 PM

No matter which way you slice it, that’s the third star in three years to ask for a trade from Pop.

TD 21
11-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Between the fact that it's a good on paper fit and he's expected to have a narrow market, I doubt DeRozan would leave if traded, but if they're so concerned, an extension can be part of the negotiation (3/$75-81M probably get's it done).

Unless they can pull off a trade centered around Gordon for Russell, I don't buy this notion of them being unwilling to give him up. If they're interested, they have to know that's the logical centerpiece for the Spurs.

I'd call their bluff and take this to the dying minutes of the deadline, if need be. If they don't relent, I'd be willing to do Forbes and Carroll instead of Belinelli. If they still don't relent, then cave and accept Bamba, Fournier and whatever draft compensation can be mustered.

Bamba has struggled so far, but he's 20, has played 886 minutes in his career and has upside similar to that of Turner (Gobert was the talk when he was coming out, but that seems far fetched). He'd also possibly fill a long term positional need.

poopbox
11-15-2019, 05:30 PM

He never asked to be in San Antonio in the first place to be fair...

If he was a free agent, do you think Demar would ever consider playing for the Spurs? I don't...

Prime BEEF
11-15-2019, 06:55 PM
He never asked to be in San Antonio in the first place to be fair...

If he was a free agent, do you think Demar would ever consider playing for the Spurs? I don't...

true. He would’ve never chosen to come to SA

spurspl
11-15-2019, 06:57 PM
true. He would’ve never chosen to come to SA

as long as pop is coach we aint rebuild aint be a contender and no one comes to sas

spurspl
11-15-2019, 07:00 PM

so orlando, pistons or atlanta.

Prime BEEF
11-15-2019, 07:01 PM
as long as pop is coach we aint rebuild aint be a contender and no one comes to sas

yup. Have to acquire talent through trades and the draft. Can’t count on free agency to bring in talent.

Prime BEEF
11-15-2019, 07:03 PM

orlando and Detroit definitely. Maybe even Chicago. Not sure why Atlanta would want to bring in DeRozan

lmbebo
11-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Atlanta is building with youth and draft. Not sure they are in a we need a player to make a move in the standings/playoffs to compete mode. DDR would derail that plan.

Orlando, Detroit, Toronto? Not sure chicago does it with Levine there. But outside chance. NYK? (supposedly some animosity there though)

Leetonidas
11-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Too bad aside from Griffin, the Pistons roster is pretty unappealing

CGD
11-15-2019, 08:07 PM

Only Detroit or Orlando make sense.

CGD
11-15-2019, 08:08 PM
Too bad aside from Griffin, the Pistons roster is pretty unappealing

Yeah, the spurs would really have to be into Sekou. Otherwise it’s just for the picks.

Millennial_Messiah
11-15-2019, 08:11 PM
I'd trade him to Orlando for an iced Funnel Cake from Disney World.

TimDunkem
11-15-2019, 08:45 PM
The idiots who want Bamba instead of Gordon in an Orlando trade are the same guys who wanted Poeltl over Siakam.

GAustex
11-15-2019, 10:05 PM
Be nice to get Ross and Gordon for DDR trade

timvp
11-15-2019, 10:06 PM
The idiots who want Bamba instead of Gordon in an Orlando trade are the same guys who wanted Poeltl over Siakam.

There's no one who wanted Poeltl over Siakam.

Gordy58
11-15-2019, 10:34 PM
I actually like Luke Kennard from Detroit he’s having a career year so far.

SpurPadre
11-15-2019, 10:43 PM

We don't have a good track record with non-Latino white boys, tbh.

FkLA
11-15-2019, 10:51 PM

I like how he acts like he wanted Siakam back then. :lol

Everyone wanted OG. If anybody says they foresaw Siakam's ascension they are lying. I don't even think TOR knew what they had since it was always OG, not Siakam, that they hyped up as a Nephew type prospect.

gambit1990
11-15-2019, 11:25 PM

Everyone wanted OG. If anybody says they foresaw Siakam's ascension they are lying. I don't even think TOR knew what they had since it was always OG, not Siakam, that they hyped up as a Nephew type prospect.

some people wanted siakam, including myself. i wanted siakam and OG but siakam a lot more. and i said he's the MIP when last season started.

ZeusWillJudge
11-15-2019, 11:33 PM

There was a lot of discussion about Siakam as all that was happening. Many people upset that the Spurs didn't get him in the trade. The search function is disabled, or I would drag up a few of the posts.

TimDunkem
11-15-2019, 11:33 PM

Yes there were.

TimDunkem
11-15-2019, 11:34 PM

Nope. I really did. I wasn't the only one so I'm not acting like I foresaw anything. I just wanted an athletic forward.

tbdog
11-15-2019, 11:40 PM
orlando and Detroit definitely. Maybe even Chicago. Not sure why Atlanta would want to bring in DeRozan Hawks would be perfect for DD and they will go for him in the offseason.

Big P
11-15-2019, 11:41 PM
The KL/DD trade will go down as one of the all time worst trades...how do you give up one of the top 3 players in the league and not even get a lottery pick or a decent young prospect, and no, Poetel does not count. We should have known when Udoka and Messina bailed, pop lost this team, you don't lose your top assistants at the same time and not have something seriously wrong. I'm sure he had to beg TD to come back and by the looks of it Timmy is not really feeling it, he shouldn't have to put up with this sorry ass team.

Mugen
11-15-2019, 11:47 PM
Yeah maybe Ime/Messina had issues with the rotations and saw the writing on the wall that it was gonna be the same story this year.

Love Timmy but he's nothing more than a yes man along with Hardy who's probably too scared to speak up.

Becky might have the biggest balls on the bench and I wouldn't be surprised if she's next out the door.

tbdog
11-15-2019, 11:55 PM
The KL/DD trade will go down as one of the all time worst trades...how do you give up one of the top 3 players in the league and not even get a lottery pick or a decent young prospect, and no, Poetel does not count. We should have known when Udoka and Messina bailed, pop lost this team, you don't lose your top assistants at the same time and not have something seriously wrong. I'm sure he had to beg TD to come back and by the looks of it Timmy is not really feeling it, he shouldn't have to put up with this sorry ass team.

We have been through this over and over. KL wasn't top 3. He was out with a season ending fake injury and only wanted to go to LA. Theres your trade value.

Big P
11-16-2019, 12:07 AM
Even with the "knee injury" he is a top 3 player, it was never considered career threatening, make excuses all you want, it was one of the worst trades ever...at the very least they could have taken the lakers package.. don't act like the raptors were the only team willing to trade for him, "injured" or not.

tbdog
11-16-2019, 12:09 AM
Even with the "knee injury" he is a top 3 player, it was never considered career threatening, make excuses all you want, it was one of the worst trades ever...at the very least they could have taken the lakers package.. don't act like the raptors were the only team willing to trade for him, "injured" or not.

If teams weren't concerned, then Celtics, Lakers, Sixers, would have offered more than the junk they offered. Pretty simple really. We could have fultz instead right? And Leonard would still be in LA right now.

Prime BEEF
11-16-2019, 12:33 AM
Be nice to get Ross and Gordon for DDR trade

this is what I want. DeRozan/Marco(or Walker) for Ross/Gordon

tbdog
11-16-2019, 12:36 AM
Magic would want one of White or Walker. And they probably consider giving Fournier and Gordon for it. But only if DD is committed to the Magic.

spurs10
11-16-2019, 12:46 AM
After tonight I would guess anything they have been considering is no longer of interest to them. Not just because they won, but just the value of the players. DDR didn't do anything tonight that warrant them making a big trade. We would be even worse without someone like Gordon and Fournier.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-16-2019, 02:20 AM
Yeah maybe Ime/Messina had issues with the rotations and saw the writing on the wall that it was gonna be the same story this year.

Love Timmy but he's nothing more than a yes man along with Hardy who's probably too scared to speak up.

Becky might have the biggest balls on the bench and I wouldn't be surprised if she's next out the door.

What is it from TD's career and personality that makes you think he's just a yes man, other than trying to look edgier than all the other edgy posters on ST?

timvp
11-16-2019, 02:43 AM
What is it from TD's career and personality that makes you think he's just a yes man, other than trying to look edgier than all the other edgy posters on ST?

https://i.imgur.com/I7oF5Co.jpg

Frenchfred
11-16-2019, 03:35 AM

when a player with an injury says that he wants to play for with LA, that gives ZERO option to the Spurs. It is easy to rewrite history. KL screwed the Spurs, that’s the only story here

Prose
11-16-2019, 03:36 AM
After tonight I would guess anything they have been considering is no longer of interest to them. Not just because they won, but just the value of the players. DDR didn't do anything tonight that warrant them making a big trade. We would be even worse without someone like Gordon and Fournier.

r0drig0lac
11-16-2019, 06:42 AM

That's why he would never go to SA in a trade with Demar, everyone in the league knows their statistics have less value than their impact, and for the rest of the league, Kennard probably has more value than Demar currently.

Poolboy5623
11-16-2019, 08:49 AM
No one is trading anything worth a damn for Derozan...Wake up!

BatManu20
11-16-2019, 12:20 PM

That shit Lakers package has the Pelicans dead last in the Western Conference right now... and that’s before I mention that Brandon Ingram had career-threatening blood clots in his leg last summer and had to have emergency surgery to remove them. His career was in jeopardy and we didn’t even know if he’d play again, or even if he did, if he would ever be the same again. No team in their right mind would've traded for that.

Then you add in the fact that:

A.) That Lakers draft pick(s) would’ve been at the tail end of the 1st-Round, and

B.) You would’ve likely guaranteed the Lakers winning multiple championships, or at the very least one, and that trade makes even less sense.

You should be thanking the Spurs for not taking that shit trade package. We got fucked in that trade because nephew, not because of PATFO.

OldMan88
11-16-2019, 02:30 PM
The nephew trade is all water (with turds floating) under the bridge.

Now it’s time to ship DDR to anyone that will give us at least one usable player or a first round unprotected pick. If we can also ship out some old players, even better. I’d rather have a losing season and be able to develop our young guns than barely compete for the 8th playoffs seed with all the wore out has-been vets whose game style no longer fits the current NBA game & rules.

duncan2150
11-16-2019, 03:37 PM
People are high on Gordon but he is way inconsistent.

I understand that people want derozan out but for Gordon and Ross? That will not solve our problems.

If im the spurs I will target Fournier and Bamba for his shotblocking ability.

DPG21920
11-16-2019, 03:41 PM

I understand that people want derozan out but for Gordon and Ross? That will not solve our problems.

I can’t speak for all, but I agree that Gordon doesn’t “solve” SA problem in the context of making them a contender. What I do believe is even with Gordon’s flaws he fits better with the roster. Both from an age and style perspective.

He won’t make Sa a contender but he would fit well with Dejounte and the up and down pace, he plays a position of need and will open up minutes for more experimentation from Pop.

He raises the ceiling but lowers the floor; but at least there is upside there and it’s a low cost gamble since we know we aren’t extending Derozan and that Gordon’s deal is short term and declining.

Prime BEEF
11-16-2019, 03:54 PM
To solve SA problems you’d have to trade DDR and LMA and get rid of pop. All 3 of those aren’t happening.

if you can get Ross/Gordon/Bamba for DeRozan/Jacob that’s a good start. Would love to try and pry Sabonis away from Indiana but I’d doubt they’d do a LMA for Sabonis trade

baseline bum
11-16-2019, 04:00 PM

IDK, I think the problem is having Murray + DeRozan + Aldridge on the same floor together. One of them has to go because the spacing is terrible, and I think DeRozan is the clear choice to dump. Especially to open up more minutes for White.

spurspl
11-16-2019, 06:52 PM
To solve SA problems you’d have to trade DDR and LMA and get rid of pop. All 3 of those aren’t happening.

if you can get Ross/Gordon/Bamba for DeRozan/Jacob that’s a good start. Would love to try and pry Sabonis away from Indiana but I’d doubt they’d do a LMA for Sabonis trade

agree, there are only 3 ways to solve SA problems:
1)get rid off pop asap
2)trade ddr and lma for young prospects
3)get top pick next draft
then surround these youngies with veterans and pray that they develop well and we be back into the fight for a ring again.

edit: i would also change a lil bit the culture in a club and give players more “freedom” in their playing style. I think that one of the reason that noone wants to play here is that coach is like a god and he knows everything better and every player must do what he says.

Big P
11-16-2019, 08:57 PM
That shit Lakers package has the Pelicans dead last in the Western Conference right now... and that’s before I mention that Brandon Ingram had career-threatening blood clots in his leg last summer and had to have emergency surgery to remove them. His career was in jeopardy and we didn’t even know if he’d play again, or even if he did, if he would ever be the same again. No team in their right mind would've traded for that.

Then you add in the fact that:

A.) That Lakers draft pick(s) would’ve been at the tail end of the 1st-Round, and

B.) You would’ve likely guaranteed the Lakers winning multiple championships, or at the very least one, and that trade makes even less sense.

You should be thanking the Spurs for not taking that shit trade package. We got fucked in that trade because nephew, not because of PATFO.

Then trade him to where he wanted to go..the clippers were said to be offering Tobias Harris,Avery Bradley and one of their picks..I think it was 13 or 14..instead pop wanted to fuck KL over as much as possible by sending him to exile in Toronto...we know how that turned out..KL takes the raps to a championship, pokes pop in the eye and gets to LA anyway...shitty trade for one of the best players in the league...instead of rebuilding on the fly like everyone said the spurs wanted to do, they set the team back 2 or 3 years...yes nephew fucked us over, but patfo did not do us any favors.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
11-22-2019, 09:29 AM
A few things I can add from Magic source:

Unless things get really bad time-line for a trade would be January. Orlando has had no official trade talks with other teams at this time. If Orlando chooses to pursue trade they have 4 teams they would engage about potential targets, he can confirm Detroit, Sacramento, & San Antonio. The feeling is FO has/is coming around to moving A. Gordon, but not desperate. If they can't get return they want they don't mind waiting to move him next year. This would allow them time to confirm Okeke is the player they think he is, and have more flexibility in easing him into minutes with AG on roster. Based on what he has been told DDR is Jeff Weltman's 1st choice, but wouldn't be #1 target for GM Hammond or Coach Clifford. He said Weltman definitely has the final say with player personnel, but is a team guy & highly values the other opinions, so he is not certain if DDR would be Magic's 1st choice as trade target.

DPG21920
11-22-2019, 12:06 PM

It’s not that TD is a yes man, it’s that no one has any actual influence over Pop. He may act like he listens, but it’s obvious that at the moment it’s all Pop.

Because if all the other coaches are agreeable with what Pop is doing and how he is coaching this year? It means there is not one coach on this roster we should want post-Pop.

DPG21920
11-22-2019, 12:06 PM
A few things I can add from Magic source:

Unless things get really bad time-line for a trade would be January. Orlando has had no official trade talks with other teams at this time. If Orlando chooses to pursue trade they have 4 teams they would engage about potential targets, he can confirm Detroit, Sacramento, & San Antonio. The feeling is FO has/is coming around to moving A. Gordon, but not desperate. If they can't get return they want they don't mind waiting to move him next year. This would allow them time to confirm Okeke is the player they think he is, and have more flexibility in easing him into minutes with AG on roster. Based on what he has been told DDR is Jeff Weltman's 1st choice, but wouldn't be #1 target for GM Hammond or Coach Clifford. He said Weltman definitely has the final say with player personnel, but is a team guy & highly values the other opinions, so he is not certain if DDR would be Magic's 1st choice as trade target.

Makes sense; I am hoping that with SA losing and ORL losing Vuc for maybe 4 weeks, that timeline gets accelerated.