PDA

View Full Version : Drama w/ Spurs all started when Aldridge Show up in SA

DaBears
11-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Drama w/ Spurs all started when Aldridge Show up in SA

Dont get me wrong i was all for LaMarsha coming to SA prior to him landing here, But 4-5 seasons into his SPURS journey i see that all the drama started once he got here.

-- No shows in big games every year
-- Playoffs No shows
-- Drama in LockerRoom
-- Players calling out others
-- Players wanting to Leave -- i beg the question, Had LA not been with the SPURS you think Koleslaw aka.#2 would have wanted to leave
** And worst of all, piss poor defense

** None of these ever occurred in SPURS history prior to his arrival, You can say well they had the BIG 3 which is true, but i point out to you this..

Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA, Is LA better than Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA?, If yes than why are the SPURS so bad since he's been here.

I see alot of us want to complain about DMARE, rightfully so, with his lack of 3'pt shooting & No Defense, which rivals only Harden, but at least he shows up in BIG games and gets you more than 8 pts.

John B
11-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Spurs should’ve just traded him after his 2nd year

Amuseddaysleeper
11-14-2019, 11:02 AM
I just hope this franchise doesn't retire his jersey, it is already insane he gets to wear Bowen's number.

poopbox
11-14-2019, 11:06 AM
When LMA got as close as he is ever going to get to a title...the WCF...and then asked to be traded...we should have washed our hands of him...

It's impossible to win at even a high level when a guy who needs to be your second or third best player wants to leave because damn team success I didn't get to shoot 12 turn around 18 footers a game this year so I want out...

I don't blame him for Kawhi though...from everything I heard that dude wanted to go back to LA...spurs were always going to lose him regardless...

swrowe78
11-14-2019, 11:08 AM
It's kind of funny. Weren't Spurs favorites when they landed LA before the 2015-2016 season started? I remember before the season started many experts picked the Cavs or Spurs to win it all although the Warriors won the chip the year before. Then the Warriors won 73 games. Spurs still had a really good season, 67 wins. But were disappointing in playoffs.

Chinook
11-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Nah, Kawhi brought the drama almost immediately after being drafted. LMA was just the first one to publicly leak he wanted to leave.

RD2191
11-14-2019, 11:12 AM
No lies detected..

MultiTroll
11-14-2019, 11:17 AM
Some truth bombs.

Kwa was dropping 50/40/90 on a tear going for MVP and a 'Chip. After the All Star break Popped succomed to LMAs whining and stopped featuring Kwa so LMA could get his touches back. It may have been the start of the end. But make no mistake, Zazas bitch ass was the momentous turning point.

MultiTroll
11-14-2019, 11:19 AM
I don't blame him for Kawhi though...from everything I heard that dude wanted to go back to LA...spurs were always going to lose him regardless...
Nope. That bitchass Zaza doesn't happen and Spurs ring.....
We've got Kwa locked up for at least 4 more.

K...
11-14-2019, 11:54 AM
Some truth bombs.

Kwa was dropping 50/40/90 on a tear going for MVP and a 'Chip. After the All Star break Popped succomed to LMAs whining and stopped featuring Kwa so LMA could get his touches back. It may have been the start of the end. But make no mistake, Zazas bitch ass was the momentous turning point.

It does suck that kawhi was a "my touches " guy but also a "my load management" guy. Now we know you have to build the team around him, don't question his play, let him pick games to sit. Give his uncle swag. We didn't know that then!

Spurs fever
11-14-2019, 12:06 PM
I just hope this franchise doesn't retire his jersey, it is already insane he gets to wear Bowen's number.

That still upsets me that the Spurs would allow him to wear Bowen's number. But I think it says more of Aldridge and his diva antics. I would think that he'd have enough respect for another player to choose another number.

sananspursfan21
11-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Give back Bruce’s 12!!!

NASpurs
11-14-2019, 12:17 PM
:cry Ma Touches :cry

DJR210
11-14-2019, 12:43 PM
I've always thought that the Kawhi/Spurs meltdown had a lot to do with Aldridge being here.. Aldridge has the history of causing problems with others stars in Portland of course.. he demands a trade, Pop agrees to defer to Aldridge, Spurs re-sign Aldridge, Kawhi demands trade shortly after..

I don't care how many cool double tap high fives he has on court with his teammates, I've always wondered why Aldridge never seems to be hanging out with the team when they're out doing whatever it is they do. Maybe there's no beef at all, but people tend to have an issue with the guy that never comes around and no matter the reasons why that is, people will just say "he's to good for us" or something similar.. with those two on the team you're dealing with both stars having similar anti-social personalities

spurspl
11-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Spurs should’ve just traded him after his 2nd year
TRUUU

DJR210
11-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Give back Bruce’s 12!!!

:lol Local Radio guy Mike Taylor has been going IN on the "fake Bruce Bowen"

Gibbz
11-14-2019, 12:47 PM
Aldridge is the only reason this team has even been slightly competitive since 2017. Don't kid yourselves--Kawhi was noping out no matter what.

Genovaswitness
11-14-2019, 01:16 PM
It does suck that kawhi was a "my touches " guy but also a "my load management" guy. Now we know you have to build the team around him, don't question his play, let him pick games to sit. Give his uncle swag. We didn't know that then!

Hes a LOB guy tbh

Gibbz
11-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Hes a LOB guy tbh

Yeah, in the festering shit East right when Golden State implodes. Not a LOB guy when Matt Barnes and Andre Roberson are taking turns on him.

MultiTroll
11-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Huh?!
The offense should have continued to be based around Kawhi. A "my touches guy?" B.S. He's always had a good number of assists. He was a young guy putting up real MVP# play. Was on a tear of 30/10/8 games. It was bitchass LMA and CIA Numb Nutts who put a stop to that and had to start feeding My Touches LMA.

Ya I'm pretty sure it added to Kwa questioning the Spurs. A legitimate MVP and another Finals MVP would have added to his $$$ quite a bit no doubt.
Toronto players loved him. TF are you talking about?

K...
11-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Huh?!
The offense should have continued to be based around Kawhi. A "my touches guy?" B.S. He's always had a good number of assists. He was a young guy putting up real MVP# play. Was on a tear of 30/10/8 games. It was bitchass LMA and CIA Numb Nutts who put a stop to that and had to start feeding My Touches LMA.

Ya I'm pretty sure it added to Kwa questioning the Spurs. A legitimate MVP and another Finals MVP would have added to his $$$ quite a bit no doubt.
Toronto players loved him. TF are you talking about?

You just admitted kawhi got mad because pop tried to establish LMA as a co first option. That's "my touches" I don't think pafto ever thought LMA was better than kawhi on offense, but that both were better than one.

MultiTroll
11-14-2019, 02:01 PM
You just admitted kawhi got mad because pop tried to establish LMA as a co first option. That's "my touches" I don't think pafto ever thought LMA was better than kawhi on offense, but that both were better than one.
As well he should have. If he was stealing touches from more deserving players, fine. NOT LMA!

Stupid move by Popped and FO.

Happy to say Pop recovered in time for the playoffs and that game 1 vs the Phaggots was a masterpiece. We saw how bad LMA was after Kwa went down.

DJR210
11-14-2019, 02:08 PM
We'll know for sure when and if he gets back to Portland if and when the drama starts up again.

Yep.. send him to Portland, Denver, or New Orleans and have him dismantle their young locker rooms before they become yearly pain in the asses

Genovaswitness
11-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Yeah, in the festering shit East right when Golden State implodes. Not a LOB guy when Matt Barnes and Andre Roberson are taking turns on him.

2 rings 2 finals MVPs. that LOB baby

SpursDynasty85
11-14-2019, 02:12 PM
Some truth bombs.

When did this happened? Kawhi and his group started pulling crap in the summer of 16. It was all Kawhiso ball before that.

MultiTroll
11-14-2019, 02:30 PM
When did this happened? Kawhi and his group started pulling crap in the summer of 16. It was all Kawhiso ball before that.
2016-17 Kwa was kicking ass and taking names. Timmy Duncan Jr replacement in the making.
Summer 2016? What specifically did Kwa and group do?

As to 15-16 season, Kwa did 50% inside arc and 44% on treys. Damn right he should have wanted the offense to be around him. Timmy Dunks retired. Don't you remember the famous clip of Pop running out at the floor and motioning to Kobme Parker to give the damn ball to Kwa?

SpursDynasty85
11-14-2019, 02:33 PM
2016-17 Kwa was kicking ass and taking names. Timmy Duncan Jr replacement in the making.

As to 15-16 season, Kwa did 50% inside arc and 44% on treys. Damn right he should have wanted the offense to be around him. Timmy Dunks retired. Don't you remember the famous clip of Pop running out at the floor and motioning to Kobme Parker to give the damn ball to Kwa?

I'm just correcting the narrative that Kawhi started this drama because Pop gave the keys back to LMA. It was actually summer of 2017 that Kawhi started all his drama with the group. The story is that they went to China that summer for his shoe tour and they completely cut off communications with the Spurs staff and started to "handle" Kawhi's mystery injury by themselves. That summer LMA did demand a trade but before then it was all Kawhiso ball and LMA was the scapegoat for the Warriors backdoor sweep.

phxspurfan
11-14-2019, 04:14 PM

I was thinking that a few weeks ago. Why is he allowed to wear retired players number

phxspurfan
11-14-2019, 04:15 PM
It's kind of funny. Weren't Spurs favorites when they landed LA before the 2015-2016 season started? I remember before the season started many experts picked the Cavs or Spurs to win it all although the Warriors won the chip the year before. Then the Warriors won 73 games. Spurs still had a really good season, 67 wins. But were disappointing in playoffs.

We had a Duncan/Aldridge front line, with Manu, Tony and Kawhi. Of course we were contenders

phxspurfan
11-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Nope. That bitchass Zaza doesn't happen and Spurs ring.....
We've got Kwa locked up for at least 4 more.

You guys forget Load Management had a ton of injuries here. There was a chance we Supermaxed him and he sat out an entire season due to his thigh owie

Kurgan
11-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Should have been a warning sign when he whined about wanting to wear Bowen's retired number

Longlonglongtimelurk
11-14-2019, 05:50 PM
In my mind yeah- the Spurs lost their mental edge when Aldridge came on board. Parker, Duncan, Manu, Kawhi are all guys that have the championship difference- the mental toughness to perform when it really matters. Watching LaMarcus at Portland and the lack of effort he put up against the Spurs in the 2014 playoffs left doubt in my mind when he joined San Antonio and only got louder as whispers of his strange dynamic with Dame Lillard leaked in the media, this guy wasn’t and isn’t Spurs material. There’s not many players out there that a championship team can be built around truthfully, but I’d rather the Spurs take a punt in the draft than stick with known quantities like LMA and DeRozen.

alpha_HaZE
11-14-2019, 06:11 PM
Drama w/ Spurs all started when Aldridge Show up in SA

Dont get me wrong i was all for LaMarsha coming to SA prior to him landing here, But 4-5 seasons into his SPURS journey i see that all the drama started once he got here.

-- No shows in big games every year
-- Playoffs No shows
-- Drama in LockerRoom
-- Players calling out others
-- Players wanting to Leave -- i beg the question, Had LA not been with the SPURS you think Koleslaw aka.#2 would have wanted to leave
** And worst of all, piss poor defense

** None of these ever occurred in SPURS history prior to his arrival, You can say well they had the BIG 3 which is true, but i point out to you this..

Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA, Is LA better than Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA?, If yes than why are the SPURS so bad since he's been here.

I see alot of us want to complain about DMARE, rightfully so, with his lack of 3'pt shooting & No Defense, which rivals only Harden, but at least he shows up in BIG games and gets you more than 8 pts.

to add to the long list of lowlights for LA, prior to him we only had like 5 days with losing record, now it's in the hundreds.

DAF86
11-14-2019, 06:23 PM
#notwinningbasketball

KimmyGib
11-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Kind of unfortunate for Aldridge that he had to be the team's best player at its transition from excellence to mediocrity. He's a flawed "best player" and undoubtedly a big step down from what SA fans are used to. But he's been a work horse for the Spurs during its worst period in over 20 years, and without him these last 2 years would have been so much uglier, tbh.

Worst thing about this team right now isn't LMA, or even DDR. It's the fact the likes of Belinelli is averaging 18 mpg and Pop's decision-making is at its all-time worst.

RC_Drunkford
11-14-2019, 07:40 PM
Spurs had 60 win seasons since he got here. Nephew messed all of it up. Spurs could've won multiple rings with nephew, LMA, Rudy, Danny Green, Murray and White

duncan2k5
11-14-2019, 09:33 PM
Ppl saying LMA is the reason we were able to make the playoffs are so fucking shortsighted and stupid... That's like saying Melo was the reason the Knicks made the playoffs... Yeah sure... He is also the fucking reason they got bounced in the first round... That's not an accomplishment... And do u realize there are teams that get rid of star players and unexpectedly get better? If we traded LMA back then, there is a chance whoever we got for him would have been a better fit... Because instead of dumping the ball to him every play so he doesn't cry... We may have had a more modern, free-flowing, ball movement offense... Similar to how NOBODY saw the nuggets being the best team in the west the beginning of last year

superbigtime
11-15-2019, 12:31 AM
Just a real disappointment.

therealtruth
11-15-2019, 12:58 AM
All the Spurs had to do was assemble a team like the Raptors. They could have looked for PG. Focused too much on getting system players instead of talent. You need to be long and athletic and have playmakers at multiple spots. That Gasol trade was huge in that it gave them an extra playmaker.

I was against getting Aldridge originally. He always seems like a guy who gets good numbers but not really a winning player. Got totally shutdown by Splitter in '14.

timtonymanu
11-15-2019, 01:17 AM
:lol Local Radio guy Mike Taylor has been going IN on the "fake Bruce Bowen"

Give back Bruce’s 12!!!

:lol @ Spurs fans that want to see LMA's jersey on the rafters

GAustex
11-15-2019, 01:24 AM

Pop out on the court telling Parker to give it up and then old fat Tony head hung low slinking off to the corner. It was the right move and I think Parker was great.

r0drig0lac
11-15-2019, 05:12 AM
All the Spurs had to do was assemble a team like the Raptors. They could have looked for PG. Focused too much on getting system players instead of talent. You need to be long and athletic and have playmakers at multiple spots. That Gasol trade was huge in that it gave them an extra playmaker.

I was against getting Aldridge originally. He always seems like a guy who gets good numbers but not really a winning player. Got totally shutdown by Splitter in '14.

Bucks was the first team to do this to fight the Warriors, but yes, I agree, unfortunately it's not the kind of thing Pop would do.

Kobe'sAchilles
11-15-2019, 10:02 AM
Ppl saying LMA is the reason we were able to make the playoffs are so fucking shortsighted and stupid... That's like saying Melo was the reason the Knicks made the playoffs... Yeah sure... He is also the fucking reason they got bounced in the first round... That's not an accomplishment... And do u realize there are teams that get rid of star players and unexpectedly get better? If we traded LMA back then, there is a chance whoever we got for him would have been a better fit... Because instead of dumping the ball to him every play so he doesn't cry... We may have had a more modern, free-flowing, ball movement offense... Similar to how NOBODY saw the nuggets being the best team in the west the beginning of last year

I agree with the sentiment, but Spurs fans are spoiled. I've been to games in Memphis and Atlanta (when both teams were tanking for a while) and the arena was empty and seats were literally 3 bucks and the fee to buy the ticket was as much as a ticket :lol
My point is that we're a small market team and having a semi-competitive team is better business wise than not having one. Suns couldn't sell tickets for years and neither could the Kings. I don't think the Spurs would do well if the team tanked business wise.
I don't think the Spurs would've been like Denver however bc the return for LMA wouldn't have been much. Carmelo got like 4 players and 2 first round picks. LMA shit the bed against the Warriors and even with his supposed trade rumors we weren't even offered a lottery pick.

DJR210
11-15-2019, 12:21 PM
:lol @ Spurs fans that want to see LMA's jersey on the rafters

Send LMA back to Austin so he can get his stats with the Spurs there