PDA

View Full Version : Myles Garrett

benefactor
11-15-2019, 09:26 AM
Thoughts? I mean you just can't fucking do that. I wouldn't be surprised if that's his last game tbh

manufan10
11-15-2019, 10:00 AM
A minimum 8-12 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if something longer happened... even a lifetime ban.

benefactor
11-15-2019, 10:07 AM
The Browns will cut him today to start with. Then they will just go from there.

benefactor
11-15-2019, 10:09 AM
And :lol Deion Sanders trying to blame Rudolph. What a fucking faggot.

Trill Clinton
11-15-2019, 10:28 AM
I'm surprised at a lot of the reactions tbh. I think him missing 3-4 games is appropriate but people calling for Mason to press charges and talking about assault is ridiculous.

Trill Clinton
11-15-2019, 10:30 AM
And :lol Deion Sanders trying to blame Rudolph. What a fucking faggot.

Well he did start it then got up and ran up on Garrett. What exactly was Mason Rudolph going to do in that situation??? Once the helmet came off he should have just let his teammates handle it. Why get into a fight with no helmet?

Chinook
11-15-2019, 10:46 AM

Eh, can't put anything past Cleveland, but Garret likely isn't going anywhere. He'll be suspended 4-8 games (likely 6) and be back next year. It wasn't good and could have been horrible. But everyone will live and learn.

Also, yes Rudolph was acting like an idiot there. He deserves to be punished, even though Garret will and should get a way worse punishment.

manufan10
11-15-2019, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Rudolph tried to pull off Garrett's helmet and also kicked him in the groin. Then continued to escalate the situation without his helmet. It doesn't excuse Garrett's actions, but let's not act like Rudolph was some innocent party here.

Trill Clinton
11-15-2019, 11:43 AM
For comparison, Kyle Long got 1 game suspension for the exact same thing. It was only a preseason game too

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears (https://tv5.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/chi/chicago-bears) offensive guard Kyle Long (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15801/kyle-long) expressed remorse over his role in a heated practice fight last week that culminated with Long attacking a teammate with the teammate's own helmet.

"Obviously, what I did was absolutely unacceptable," Long said after Tuesday's practice. "As a human being, as a teammate, without question, what I did was uncalled for and absolutely so far over the line that it was on me to handle that internally and speak to the people that I needed to speak to. I've done that."

The incident occurred during last Wednesday's team scrimmage when Long got into it with Bears undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3895834/jalen-dalton). During the altercation, Dalton's helmet came off and ended up in Long's possession. The three-time Pro Bowler repeatedly swung the helmet at Dalton as teammates attempted to intervene. Long also threw punches during the fight and tossed Dalton's helmet across the field after the two were separated.

Long watched the rest of the scrimmage from the sideline and then stayed behind -- per the team's wishes -- when the Bears traveled to New Jersey the following day for their second preseason game against the New York Giants (https://tv5.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants).

"As a rule of thumb, if you're going to use another piece of equipment, don't do that," Long said. "I mean, honestly somebody could get hurt. That's why I'm saying it's unfortunate. Can't happen, unacceptable. Gotta move forward, have to be able to channel that between the whistles."

Long's brief hiatus ended when he returned to practice on Tuesday.

"As you guys know, this is a league about action, it's not a league about talking about it," Long said. "The thing I need to continue to do is go out on a day-to-day basis and try to prove to the men in this locker room that don't know me very well and who have some questions about my character, and just try to move forward and prove to them the man I am on a daily basis. It was wrong what I did, and in a lapse of judgment, that's where I ended up, and it reflected poorly on the organization, the city, the offensive line room and that was never my intention. Moving forward, I intend to make amends."

Aside from last week's incident, Long, 30, had been enjoying his best training camp in years. The former 2013 first-round pick is finally healthy after battling a slew of serious injuries that limited him to 26 regular-season games from 2016 to 2018. And despite being asked to take a paycut in the offseason, Long is firmly entrenched as the Bears' starting right guard.

"The last time I was in pads every day and practicing every day was my rookie year," Long said. "I haven't done that in a long time. And it feels pretty darn good. I put this camp up with any of them that I've been a part of."

Arcadian
11-15-2019, 11:43 AM
He's lucky the helmet just grazed Rudolph's head. If it lands cleanly on the hard part, you can easily knock someone out and damage their brain doing that shit.

leemajors
11-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Indefinite suspension

Mark Celibate
11-15-2019, 12:13 PM
Complete BS that Pouncey was suspended for 3 games without pay. These guys in the NFL front office need to look at the context of the situation

Robz4000
11-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Just heard on the radio the league is seriously going to consider a lifetime ban on Garrett.

Chinook
11-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Complete BS that Pouncey was suspended for 3 games without pay. These guys in the NFL front office need to look at the context of the situation

Yeah, no. Pouncey was stomping a dude in the head. "Context" is why he gets to come back this year at all.

It's not "justified" to retaliate like that. The idea that linemen should get into fights to protect their QB has been stupid since the league started doing it for them.

benefactor
11-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Best decision the league has made this year:tu

Chinook
11-15-2019, 01:01 PM
Just heard on the radio the league is seriously going to consider a lifetime ban on Garrett.

Nah. They'd lose that battle in court. He'll be back next season unless he self-destructs way more than he has. His suspension is 6-plus. It's not actually indefinite in the sense that the league hasn't decided his fate yet. He'll have to apply to come back, but if the league actually decides to change the penalty, he'll sue and win/settle just like Ray Rice did.

spurraider21
11-15-2019, 01:03 PM
if vontaze burfict gets suspended for an entire season for a helmet to helmet hit that should be the minimum for garrett tbh

im frankly more surprised that mason rudolph seems to be getting off scot-free

johnsmith
11-15-2019, 01:03 PM
For comparison, Kyle Long got 1 game suspension for the exact same thing. It was only a preseason game too

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears (https://tv5.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/chi/chicago-bears) offensive guard Kyle Long (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15801/kyle-long) expressed remorse over his role in a heated practice fight last week that culminated with Long attacking a teammate with the teammate's own helmet.

"Obviously, what I did was absolutely unacceptable," Long said after Tuesday's practice. "As a human being, as a teammate, without question, what I did was uncalled for and absolutely so far over the line that it was on me to handle that internally and speak to the people that I needed to speak to. I've done that."

The incident occurred during last Wednesday's team scrimmage when Long got into it with Bears undrafted rookie defensive lineman Jalen Dalton (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3895834/jalen-dalton). During the altercation, Dalton's helmet came off and ended up in Long's possession. The three-time Pro Bowler repeatedly swung the helmet at Dalton as teammates attempted to intervene. Long also threw punches during the fight and tossed Dalton's helmet across the field after the two were separated.

Long watched the rest of the scrimmage from the sideline and then stayed behind -- per the team's wishes -- when the Bears traveled to New Jersey the following day for their second preseason game against the New York Giants (https://tv5.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants).

"As a rule of thumb, if you're going to use another piece of equipment, don't do that," Long said. "I mean, honestly somebody could get hurt. That's why I'm saying it's unfortunate. Can't happen, unacceptable. Gotta move forward, have to be able to channel that between the whistles."

Long's brief hiatus ended when he returned to practice on Tuesday.

"As you guys know, this is a league about action, it's not a league about talking about it," Long said. "The thing I need to continue to do is go out on a day-to-day basis and try to prove to the men in this locker room that don't know me very well and who have some questions about my character, and just try to move forward and prove to them the man I am on a daily basis. It was wrong what I did, and in a lapse of judgment, that's where I ended up, and it reflected poorly on the organization, the city, the offensive line room and that was never my intention. Moving forward, I intend to make amends."

Aside from last week's incident, Long, 30, had been enjoying his best training camp in years. The former 2013 first-round pick is finally healthy after battling a slew of serious injuries that limited him to 26 regular-season games from 2016 to 2018. And despite being asked to take a paycut in the offseason, Long is firmly entrenched as the Bears' starting right guard.

"The last time I was in pads every day and practicing every day was my rookie year," Long said. "I haven't done that in a long time. And it feels pretty darn good. I put this camp up with any of them that I've been a part of."

Scrimmage is not the same as a nationally televised game....you know this.

Chinook
11-15-2019, 01:05 PM
if vontaze burfict gets suspended for an entire season for a helmet to helmet hit that should be the minimum for garrett tbh

im frankly more surprised that mason rudolph seems to be getting off scot-free

Burfict didn't get suspended at all until he did that multiple times. It's not really comparable.

spurraider21
11-15-2019, 01:11 PM
Burfict didn't get suspended at all until he did that multiple times. It's not really comparable.
regardless, what he did was still in the context of playing football and happened while making tackles during live play

Chinook
11-15-2019, 01:17 PM
regardless, what he did was still in the context of playing football and happened while making tackles during live play

Not really. Burfict didn't get suspended for hitting a guy during a play. He got suspended for flagrantly disregarding warnings from the league over the course of many years and refusing to stop head-hunting. Being a repeat offender matters, especially when you're as prolific as Vontaze.

spurraider21
11-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Not really. Burfict didn't get suspended for hitting a guy during a play. He got suspended for flagrantly disregarding warnings from the league over the course of many years and refusing to stop head-hunting. Being a repeat offender matters, especially when you're as prolific as Vontaze.
i didnt say they were clean plays, and they were illegal/penalized hits. it still comes within the context of making a tackle in a play. its like comparing a repeat flagrant fouler in the NBA to a guy that throws a punch well after the whistle

FrostKing
11-15-2019, 01:31 PM
Didnt do nuthin

Chinook
11-15-2019, 01:45 PM
i didnt say they were clean plays, and they were illegal/penalized hits. it still comes within the context of making a tackle in a play. its like comparing a repeat flagrant fouler in the NBA to a guy that throws a punch well after the whistle

Man, no. It's like those people bringing Gordon into it. Repeatedly breaking the rules is going to eventually lead to a worse punishment than a first offense for a "worse" act. Burfict repeatedly hurting people for years is why he got the hammer. He just doesn't give a damn about the damage he does. Maybe the like 11th time will be the charm.

Chris
11-15-2019, 02:24 PM
assault with a deadly weapon

The hammer will be heavy.

Luka Doncic
11-15-2019, 02:28 PM
I get that they want to shut this shit down and make sure nobody ever dares do it again, but a lifetime ban seems crazy for this. A calendar year suspension seems appropriate tbh.

MultiTroll
11-15-2019, 02:57 PM
He's lucky the helmet just grazed Rudolph's head. If it lands cleanly on the hard part, you can easily knock someone out and damage their brain doing that shit.
But it didn't just graze it. The angle where the Rudolph is directly between Myles and the camera shows the strike and his head definitely bends. Lucky it didn't hit the temple part or other softer part of his skull. Regardless, Rudolph just had a blow out concussion like a month ago, didn't he? This could have definitely fucked that some more.

Goodell is a jellyfish, this we know. He and the owners will act strictly according to the market. With the trend among moms and pops with kids and others nationwide to getting away from concussionball, pretty sure they will have to make some *statement* and make the end of the season ban stick. They will reevalute what public perception and ticket and ad sales are at that time.

SpursforSix
11-15-2019, 03:43 PM
I get that they want to shut this shit down and make sure nobody ever dares do it again, but a lifetime ban seems crazy for this. A calendar year suspension seems appropriate tbh.

IDK...there aren't many employers who would let you come back if you brought a football helmet to work and hit someone in the head with it.

Luka Doncic
11-15-2019, 03:55 PM
IDK...there aren't many employers who would let you come back if you brought a football helmet to work and hit someone in the head with it.
Michael Irvin did it and only got a $12,000 fine.

SpursforSix
11-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Michael Irvin did it and only got a $12,000 fine.

So that's one.

Luka Doncic
11-15-2019, 04:32 PM
So that's one.
The only one that matters here.

Will Hunting
11-15-2019, 07:13 PM
There needs to be some sort of a repeat offender angle for a lifetime ban to be considered imo. The fact that Garrett has had a clean track record prior to this means a calendar year is probably appropriate imo.

Millennial_Messiah
11-15-2019, 08:04 PM

Sadly no. They signed Kareem Hunt when nobody else wanted him.

Millennial_Messiah
11-15-2019, 08:06 PM
But it didn't just graze it. The angle where the Rudolph is directly between Myles and the camera shows the strike and his head definitely bends. Lucky it didn't hit the temple part or other softer part of his skull. Regardless, Rudolph just had a blow out concussion like a month ago, didn't he? This could have definitely fucked that some more.

Goodell is a jellyfish, this we know. He and the owners will act strictly according to the market. With the trend among moms and pops with kids and others nationwide to getting away from concussionball, pretty sure they will have to make some *statement* and make the end of the season ban stick. They will reevalute what public perception and ticket and ad sales are at that time.

The thing is, the NFLPA won't be there to help out Garrett this time (as it was player-on-player violence, not player vs. refs or player vs. league stuff, off-field suspension stuff) so if they took his side that would be a bad look because Rudolph is also a fellow player, a quarterback no less.

Mark Celibate
11-15-2019, 10:07 PM
Yeah, no. Pouncey was stomping a dude in the head. "Context" is why he gets to come back this year at all.

It's not "justified" to retaliate like that. The idea that linemen should get into fights to protect their QB has been stupid since the league started doing it for them.

Yeah, no. He took one kick that probably didn't even land when Garrett had his helmet on. C'mon, he just watched his quarterback literally get assaulted. The usual "pushing and shoving" doesn't suffice. If I was a lineman, I would've done the same thing. I think throwing punches after a situation like that would be the normal reaction

JoeTait75
11-15-2019, 10:44 PM
He'll be suspended for the rest of the year, as he should be, and he'll be reinstated by Week 5 of 2020 (10 games) at the latest, imo. Garrett didn't have a bad reputation going into this. Over time the hot takes will cool down and the people screaming about it on social media will get the dopamine rush out of their system.

FWIW I thought Warren Sapp destroying Chad Clifton was worse, and Albert Haynesworth stomping Andre Gurode in the head was a lot worse, IMO.

Blake
11-15-2019, 10:49 PM
Assault charges should be filed for that.

phxspurfan
11-16-2019, 02:58 AM
Rudolph instigated it tbh. He seems like a stupid prick too, if you watch him play he's annoying as fuck and his throws injure his own players he's that stupid. I bet he talked mad shit that started this whole thing. But the punishment for Garrett was appropriate. But Rudolph needed some punishment as well for fighting.

Arcadian
11-16-2019, 09:35 AM
https://sports.theonion.com/nfl-rescinds-myles-garrett-suspension-after-review-foot-1839896771

NFL Rescinds Myles Garrett Suspension After Review Footage Clearly Shows Mason Rudolph’s Punchable Fucking Face

:lol

Millennial_Messiah
11-16-2019, 11:08 AM
https://sports.theonion.com/nfl-rescinds-myles-garrett-suspension-after-review-foot-1839896771

:lol he does have a punchable face like a preppy 8th grade spring dance king/student council president.

This one is good too:

https://sports.theonion.com/lions-switch-to-no-coverage-defense-to-prevent-mitch-tr-1839755991

FrostKing
11-16-2019, 11:13 AM
"If you're not coaching it, you're allowing it to happen, and when I watch the Cleveland Browns, I see a lot of stuff being allowed to happen, whether it's clown shoes, visors, whatever it may be," Haley told SiriusXM. "Myles Garrett hitting the quarterback low, hitting the quarterback in the head, it's happening too much."

Browns are so desperate they allow the prisoners to run the asylum

KobesAchilles
11-16-2019, 06:22 PM
10 game ban seems appropriate. The fact that it was a stand alone game plays a huge part in it too bc the NFL took a huge media hit.

Darth_Pelican
11-21-2019, 01:31 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

no one saw that coming :lol

FrostKing
11-21-2019, 01:41 PM
https://i.ibb.co/bsddDpN/Screenshot-2019-11-21-10-30-33-1.png

Black privilege

Chris
11-21-2019, 01:41 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

(one week later)

"oh by the way I just remembered after talking to my lawyer! he called me a ni**er"

Chris
11-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Justice for Jussie and Myles

benefactor
11-21-2019, 01:58 PM

:lol playing the ###### card because you can't control your inner Shaka Zulu

Chucho
11-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Didn't Rudolph recently release a statement he is forgiving and forgetting?

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Rudolph not getting punished, while that Browns linemen got suspended a game is an egregious example of privilege:lol. Rudolph started this entire thing by severely overreacting due to frustration after an embarrassing performance.

Garrett shouldn't receive more than 6 games, based on precedence. There have been worse incidents with less punishment, even ignoring off-field shit.

The outrage about this is pathetic, btw. All these pussies on twitter losing their minds over a fight where the instigator lost.

FrostKing
11-21-2019, 03:23 PM
Rudolph not getting punished, while that Browns linemen got suspended a game is an egregious example of privilege:lol. Rudolph started this entire thing by severely overreacting due to frustration after an embarrassing performance.

Garrett shouldn't receive more than 6 games, based on precedence. There have been worse incidents with less punishment, even ignoring off-field shit.

The outrage about this is pathetic, btw. All these pussies on twitter losing their minds over a fight where the instigator lost.
If the racial slurs aren't proven true, he should get a full season

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2019, 03:35 PM
If the racial slurs aren't proven true, he should get a full season

They likely are true, I can tell just by looking at the way Rudolph tried to go at a bigger, stronger, more athletic man without hesitation. He's accustomed to getting whatever he wants, likely went to a private school, rich daddy, etc. Probably a lot of Black slurs casually dropped at Rudolph family gatherings, never been tested in real life.

Clipper Nation
11-21-2019, 04:14 PM

Rudolph not getting any punishment is ridiculous, and it's only because he's a quarterback. If he played any other position, he'd have been suspended at least a game or two.

But come on, unless audio evidence comes out proving otherwise, the "racial slur" story has to be taken with a grain of salt. Why wouldn't Garrett bring it up at the time instead of waiting until now? There were multiple other players and a ref right there, why didn't any of them notice or react?

FrostKing
11-21-2019, 04:46 PM
They likely are true, I can tell just by looking at the way Rudolph tried to go at a bigger, stronger, more athletic man without hesitation. He's accustomed to getting whatever he wants, likely went to a private school, rich daddy, etc. Probably a lot of Black slurs casually dropped at Rudolph family gatherings, never been tested in real life.
Then why would he use a slur when he knows he's superior? I was told racism is rooted in fear/resentment

SpursforSix
11-21-2019, 04:48 PM
Then why would he use a slur when he knows he's superior? I was told racism is rooted in fear/resentment

Maybe he didn't use it in the bad sense. Maybe he just said something like "good hit my nigga". And Garrett was super sensitive.

Darth_Pelican
11-21-2019, 06:22 PM
There’s no way the black Steelers players would have come to Rudolph’s aid in the fight if he had used a racial slur. There’s also no way Garrett wouldn’t have immediately reported it to the press right after the game when emotions were at their highest.

FrostKing
11-21-2019, 06:38 PM
Arguably the worst act in NFL history

First the attempt to physically end your opponents career. Then calculated effort to destroy their reputation off the field. Is the accusations of racism 1 week later even worse than physical attack in the heat of battle?

SpursforSix
11-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Arguably the worst act in NFL history

First the attempt to physically end your opponents career. Then calculated effort to destroy their reputation off the field. Is the accusations of racism 1 week later even worse than physical attack in the heat of battle?

Uh no. The head bashing is the more egregious offense.

FrostKing
11-21-2019, 06:52 PM
Uh no. The head bashing is the more egregious offense.
But it was a brawl. Planning for one week how to defame an opponent is more diabolical

Blake
11-21-2019, 07:56 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/nfl-finds-no-such-evidence-mason-rudolph-directing-racial-slur-myles-garrett

AlexJones
11-21-2019, 09:35 PM

This the worst season ever for white QBs. White NFL players shouldn't be allowed to play anything other than Kicker TE and Oline.

Blake
11-21-2019, 09:41 PM
This the worst season ever for white QBs. White NFL players shouldn't be allowed to play anything other than Kicker TE and Oline.

Yes, McCaffrey would be much better served as a punter

Bynumite
11-22-2019, 02:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Kp1O9oFzI

Bynumite
11-22-2019, 03:01 AM
Just another negro trying to pull a Jussie Smollett.

Chris
11-22-2019, 05:07 AM
Making youself the victim goes hand in hand with virtue signaling. It's an easy out.

Raven
11-22-2019, 12:05 PM
Rudolph not getting any punishment is ridiculous, and it's only because he's a quarterback. If he played any other position, he'd have been suspended at least a game or two.

But come on, unless audio evidence comes out proving otherwise, the "racial slur" story has to be taken with a grain of salt. Why wouldn't Garrett bring it up at the time instead of waiting until now? There were multiple other players and a ref right there, why didn't any of them notice or react?

It shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt, it should cause a multi milion dollar deflamation lawsuit.

spurraider21
11-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Making youself the victim goes hand in hand with virtue signaling. It's an easy out.
but enough about orange man

Chris
11-22-2019, 05:48 PM
but enough about orange man

Sir this is a Wendy's.

spurraider21
11-22-2019, 06:01 PM
Sir this is a Wendy's.
:lol :tu

JoeTait75
11-22-2019, 09:11 PM
Garrett tried to play the race card and came up snake eyes. I don't believe for a minute that an NFL quarterback, a guy who relies on black men to protect him and help him put food on the table, is going to drop a racial slur on the field. It's bullshit and even as a Browns fan I'm glad he didn't get anywhere with it.

Divac Doesnt Flop
11-23-2019, 03:47 AM
NFL fans are a joke. People can murder people on the field and homers and wannabe tough guys will say the punishment is too harsh. Same people will support blackballing of Kaep for kneeling though. This sport deserves to be extinct ASAP.

Divac Doesnt Flop
11-23-2019, 03:50 AM
Cleveland Browns are basically an organized crime ring at this point. They lead the league in penalties by a large margin, and their coach stands by players who try to murder opponents during the last seconds of a game they're winning.