PDA

View Full Version : New lineup with what we have?

jermaine
11-18-2019, 11:58 AM
What do you guys think of a lineup with
Murray
Derozan
Carroll
Lyles
LaMarcus as our starters, an our bench unit with
White
Forbes
Walker
Gay
Purtel
Mills & Marco back to the bench an plays when we have back to back games to rest guys. Please honest response guys.

JeffDuncan
11-18-2019, 12:08 PM
With how Wombat has been playing, I'd put him in place of Forbes.

So....

Murray/DDR/Carroll/Lyles/LMA

White/Mills/Walker/Gay/Poeltl

jermaine
11-18-2019, 12:17 PM
With how Wombat has been playing, I'd put him in place of Forbes.

So....

Murray/DDR/Carroll/Lyles/LMA

White/Mills/Walker/Gay/Poeltl

Forbes playing great too thou

TDomination
11-18-2019, 12:23 PM
Murray
Derozan
Carroll
Lyles
White
Forbes
Walker
Gay
Purtel
Mills & Marco back to the bench an plays when we have back to back games to rest guys. Please honest response guys.
i'd do all that and just switch forbes with mills. everything else i like

KDKSpurs24
11-18-2019, 12:36 PM
At the end of the day, having both Forbes and Mills on the team is the problem (other than playing Marco). It just kills our roster flexibility because you know Pop wants to play both guys.

itzsoweezee
11-18-2019, 12:37 PM
LMA
Lyles
White
Mills
Murray

Mills as a starter is hard to swallow, but the absolute lack of shooting on this dumb roster basically necessitates it.

DDR is a bench player in today's NBA (a poor man's Melo). If they don't trade him away, it's time to move him to a bench spot ASAP.

JeffDuncan
11-18-2019, 01:10 PM
LMA
Lyles
White
Mills
Murray

Mills as a starter is hard to swallow, but the absolute lack of shooting on this dumb roster basically necessitates it.

LMA, Lyles, and White have shown occasional willingness and ability to shoot the 3. If Lyles were able to play SF, one could put Gay in the starting lineup.

Murray/White/Lyles/Gay/LMA. Four of them have some 3pt ability.

Bench,
DDR/Walker/Carroll/Metu/Poeltl

As long as we're tossing ideas around.

But the idea that we must have a guard who shoots 3 pointers is all that made Forbes a starter. Maybe it's time to look at other ideas.

DR is a bench player in today's NBA (a poor man's Melo). If they don't trade him away, it's time to move him to a bench spot ASAP.

I don't know what DDR is, except I don't like to see him on the court in the last 3 minutes of a game.

San Antonio Slayer
11-18-2019, 02:13 PM
White/DDR/Gay/Lyles/LMA
Murray/Forbes/Walker/Carrol/Poeltl
Mills/Belli/Metu

Prose
11-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Murray
Derozan
Carroll
Lyles
White
Forbes
Walker
Gay
Purtel

if i was playing 2k id do this:

Starters:
Murry/White/Gay/Lyles/Aldridge

Bench:
6th man: DDR
7: Mills
8: Carroll
9: Metu
10: walker
11: forbes
12: marco
13: johnson
14: luka
15: ebanks

GOD DEMAR DOSENT FIT, too many SG not enough Pfs

spurspl
11-18-2019, 02:31 PM
it doesnt matter how u construct s5 and bench we still lose. The only right decision is to give more minutes to young guys so they can develop.

SpursDynasty85
11-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Murray, White, Derozan, Gay, Aldridge

Forbes/Mills, Walker, Caroll, Lyles, Poetl

jermaine
11-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Murray, White, Derozan, Gay, Aldridge

Forbes/Mills, Walker, Caroll, Lyles, Poetl

That lineup is great too... but Pop just have this stubbornness going on right now

jermaine
11-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Either we're all stupid or The Spurs organization is...

DaBears
11-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Taking the reality pill is not easy... I am inclined to say we should all just admit it that this SPURS team is just not as talented as what we've had in years past. Cannot blame 1 player or the other, if there is fault any to be had you have to blame the folks who put the roster together. While RC & POP have been great over the years, of late they have made more fouls than &-ones if you know what i mean..
Plus i think we are still dealing with the fallout of the #2.. he set this franchise back 5 yrs.

RC_Drunkford
11-18-2019, 04:13 PM
I agree but I would start White and let Murray run with the bench. Either way Forbes and Belinelli have to be benched permanently and Carroll and Walker need to get those minutes

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-18-2019, 05:21 PM
if only walker didnt suck so hard

jermaine
11-18-2019, 05:30 PM
I dont get the Forbes hate here. He tries his ass off an have made leaps and bounds. The Spurs are the only team I see height is a problem.

GAustex
11-18-2019, 05:42 PM
With all the goings on here I have not heard why Carroll is not playing.
Why?
Does he suck?
Is he hurt?
Something else?

Can’t make a judgement unless he can play or not.

The glimpses of his play were mixed.
Seemed not afraid of the moment but did not seem to be moving well.

What’s up with his no playing time?

SpursDynasty85
11-18-2019, 05:50 PM
I dont get the Forbes hate here. He tries his ass off an have made leaps and bounds. The Spurs are the only team I see height is a problem.

I like Forbes but he is a not a starter. If his defense was better it would work well.

spurspl
11-18-2019, 05:54 PM
u still trying to make sth with a shitty components...

MultiTroll
11-18-2019, 08:51 PM
I don't see Craig Popplevich getting away from his current starting lineup but Id like to see Murray and White both starting.

LMA and DD traded. But if they stay in pet status, have DD come off the bench.

sasaint
11-18-2019, 08:54 PM
And the Spurs cut into the lead.

sasaint
11-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Anybody bother to listen to/hear Pop's pregame remarks?

sasaint
11-18-2019, 09:00 PM

I have been in his corner from way back. I thought his 3-point shooting was essential for the starting line up to have any deep threat. But timvp's thread opened my eyes. the guy probably needs to go to the deep bench.

sasaint
11-18-2019, 09:03 PM
Fellow posters, we are headed for a very high draft pick in a year that doesn't grade very well. Just our luck.

sasaint
11-18-2019, 09:05 PM
Only 36 points in a quarter against us? The Mavs suck.

dbestpro
11-18-2019, 09:08 PM
LMA is PF and DDR is a SG. White should start at PG and Murray should go to the bench.

Spur4ever
11-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Murray
Derozan
Carrol
Gay
LMA

spurs10
11-18-2019, 09:43 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/bryn-forbe...ed-experiment/ (https://www.spurstalk.com/bryn-forbes-san-antonio-spurs-failed-experiment/)