PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Luke Donkey Is Not The Next Me

Pages : [1] 2

Larry Joe Bird
11-18-2019, 09:40 PM
Just calm down everyone. This pudgy white guy going against today's soft NBA midgets is not me.

It was bad enough when ya'll were comparing Dirk to me. Let's not start up with this choir boy FFS.

Killakobe81
11-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Just calm down everyone. This pudgy white guy going against today's soft NBA midgets is not me.

It was bad enough when ya'll were comparing Dirk to me. Let's not start up with this choir boy FFS.

Sure you are better comparing first two seasons... But Luka got the better handle and more athleticism and similar if lesser vision...

DMC
11-19-2019, 07:00 AM
I suppose OP is a true Pacers fan as well.

Dirks_Finale
11-19-2019, 07:29 AM
Bird's the better shooter. He has the highest basketball IQ I have ever seen with Duncan being 2nd.

But Luka's game is extremely polished and he isn't even old enough to buy an alcoholic beverage yet. Revisit this topic in a few years and you may feel differently.

Monostradamus
11-19-2019, 09:09 AM
Aside from whiteness, Luka’s a very different player than Bird.

Texas_Ranger
11-19-2019, 09:43 AM
people need to stop comparing him to others. He's Luka.

lefty
11-19-2019, 03:25 PM

lefty
11-19-2019, 03:26 PM
i think Luka is a smoother version of Kukoc

Play Boban
11-19-2019, 05:35 PM
Basketball fans are racist though so we have to compare him to other whites tbqh.

lefty
11-19-2019, 06:05 PM

Well in this case he’s a blacker Scalabrine

Spurtacular
11-19-2019, 06:31 PM
Basketball fans are racist though so we have to compare him to other whites tbqh.

Speaking of that; who you got, Kevin McHale or Boban Marjanovich?

Play Boban
11-20-2019, 01:08 AM
Speaking of that; who you got, Kevin McHale or Boban Marjanovich?
Boban would be better than McHale in the 80s tbh.

Killakobe81
11-20-2019, 02:33 AM

For me he is white Harden.. with a higher Hoops IQ and a more enjoyable feel for the game. Wish he quit the blodclot crying and bitching to the refs... But otherwise he and Giannis my favorite non Lakers along with Russ and Steph

LkrFan
11-20-2019, 06:34 AM
Bird's the better shooter. He has the highest basketball IQ I have ever seen with Duncan being 2nd.

But Luka's game is extremely polished and he isn't even old enough to buy an alcoholic beverage yet. Revisit this topic in a few years and you may feel differently.

Oh really?

J3NvhxKicJY

7 foot Jim tried to be cute. He let 6'4" Shane Battier prevent him from getting a 6th rang. :lol

Should I post the sequence of him letting Pop taking him out of det Finals game? You know the one where Bosh got that offensive rebound and kicked it to Ray Allen for that dagger 3? Too painful? Okay. I won't post it because I'm such a nice guy. I'm classy like det. :tu

But to say Jim had a high bball IQ? Pffffft :lol

Dirks_Finale
11-20-2019, 07:45 AM
Yeah, he was old and gassed at that point. Bball IQ cant help all that lol

Oh really?

J3NvhxKicJY

7 foot Jim tried to be cute. He let 6'4" Shane Battier prevent him from getting a 6th rang. :lol

Should I post the sequence of him letting Pop taking him out of det Finals game? You know the one where Bosh got that offensive rebound and kicked it to Ray Allen for that dagger 3? Too painful? Okay. I won't post it because I'm such a nice guy. I'm classy like det. :tu

But to say Jim had a high bball IQ? Pffffft :lol

LkrFan
11-20-2019, 08:56 AM
Yeah, he was a TOSB and gassed at that point. Bball IQ cant help all that lol

True :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2019, 11:01 PM
:lol Duncan Robinson is better than OP, let alone the Slovenian LeBron..

apalisoc_9
11-20-2019, 11:32 PM

Doncic is the most talented white guy the league has ever seen. Im not saying hes gonna be better than bird but youd have to ve retarded to not see hes easily a top 5 pick and roll player in the last 10 years

lefty
11-20-2019, 11:52 PM

Texas_Ranger
11-20-2019, 11:58 PM

No one said all of his assists were amazing. wtf is this bs?

DMC
11-21-2019, 12:22 AM
Doncic is the most talented white guy the league has ever seen. Im not saying hes gonna be better than bird but youd have to ve retarded to not see hes easily a top 5 pick and roll player in the last 10 years

If you don't count like 10 other people like DeJuan Blair.

Chris Fall
11-21-2019, 12:23 AM
I know there have been a ton of comparisons already in his young career, and he’s his own unique player and an individually bright young star in the game. But I’ll add another comparison, not sure if it’s been used before. Personally he reminds me of Joe Johnson, with similar size and strength, good but not world class athleticism, skill level that allows him positional versatility on the perimeter, scoring ability, and premier court savvy. Obviously there are differences too, and Luka is already proving to be a more prolific player with LeBron and Harden type statistical ability. I actually think Luka is what Joe Johnson could have been and what some people expected him to become early on in his career. While Luka is already putting up the type of production that is shattering his own very high expectations.

Luka already looks like a better player than Joe Johnson ever was. But that’s the guy he reminds me of.

DMC
11-21-2019, 12:24 AM
As far as being Larry, wasn't that Dirk's job?

Unlike Larry, these guys have to play in a league where people don't look at the ball while dribbling. Larry was phenomenal no doubt, but the league was made up of so many guys who couldn't play in the G league today.

DMC
11-21-2019, 12:25 AM
I know there have been a ton of comparisons already in his young career, and he’s his own unique player and an individually bright young star in the game. But I’ll add another comparison, not sure if it’s been used before. Personally he reminds me of Joe Johnson, with similar size and strength, good but not world class athleticism, skill level that allows him positional versatility on the perimeter, scoring ability, and premier court savvy. Obviously there are differences too, and Luka is already proving to be a more prolific player with LeBron and Harden type statistical ability. I actually think Luka is what Joe Johnson could have been and what some people expected him to become early on in his career. While Luka is already putting up the type of production that is shattering his own very high expectations.

Luka already looks like a better player than Joe Johnson ever was. But that’s the guy he reminds me of.

Kevin Love

lefty
11-21-2019, 12:34 AM
As far as being Larry, wasn't that Dirk's job?

Unlike Larry, these guys have to play in a league where people don't look at the ball while dribbling. Larry was phenomenal no doubt, but the league was made up of so many guys who couldn't play in the G league today.

They looked at the ball while dribbling in the 80s?

endrity
11-21-2019, 06:07 AM

If it's so basic, why isn't everyone doing it?

lefty
11-21-2019, 07:42 AM
If it's so basic, why isn't everyone doing it?

Because they prefer to chuck 3s tbh

endrity
11-21-2019, 09:53 AM
But Luka is chucking and making 3s better than most, and still dishing out assists left and right.

lefty
11-21-2019, 12:35 PM
But Luka is chucking and making 3s better than most, and still dishing out assists left and right.

He is not really chucking per se

Neo.
11-21-2019, 03:39 PM
He is not really chucking per se

oh he definitely will chuck some threes

if he cut out a few of the completely unnecessary threes he takes each night, hed probably be shooting around 37-41% on threes

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2019, 03:40 PM

if he cut out a few of the completely unnecessary threes he takes each night, hed probably be shooting around 37-41% on threes

Maybe, but the Mavs don't have a real #2 or 3 option on the team, I don't blame Luka for going Kobe sometimes.

Neo.
11-21-2019, 03:43 PM
Maybe, but the Mavs don't have a real #2 or 3 option on the team, I don't blame Luka for going Kobe sometimes.

oh i dont blame him either, i think for the situation hes in, hes better off either shooting some heatcheck shots, or trying to shoot himself into a rhythm

im just saying that for the sake of efficiency, he certainly could improve his numbers if he took a few less unnecessary threes each night. but for this team, they are better off with him taking them

Texas_Ranger
11-21-2019, 04:27 PM

all of his 3's come from his creation. If he was a spot up shooter he would have a high %, but this way pretty much all of his 3's are from step backs. He also shoots last second shots from the other side of the court cause he's not a pussy like most of the players that dont wanna take that shot cause of their %.

Spurtacular
11-23-2019, 06:48 PM
Boban would be better than McHale in the 80s tbh.

Better than McHale or just better than now?

Larry Joe Bird
12-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Sure you are better comparing first two seasons... But Luka got the better handle and more athleticism and similar if lesser vision...

Ya'll forget that I was an athlete early in my career. Hell, just go look at my college tapes. That pudge ain't more athletic than I was. And he wouldn't be dribbling all around like a fairy in my day where we hit people. Stop drinkin' the kool aid, ya'll.

Clipper Nation
12-26-2019, 04:54 PM
:lol If Luka got to play against those plumbers and accountants that Bird was playing against, he'd be considered the GOAT.

Larry Joe Bird
12-26-2019, 04:58 PM
:lol If Luka got to play against those plumbers and accountants that Bird was playing against, he'd be considered the GOAT.

You're a Gen X snowflake that doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Go back and watch the 81 ECF Gm 7. That game was more physical than your NFL games are today, son.

lefty
12-26-2019, 05:30 PM

Luka is playing against Instagrammers that need load management :lol

That’s even worse :lol

DAF86
12-26-2019, 05:31 PM

You gotta be a top level hater to analyze every assist a guy has just to criticize them. :lol

Spurtacular
12-26-2019, 05:37 PM
Luka is playing against Instagrammers that need load management :lol

That’s even worse :lol

Undersized at that. :lmao

lefty
12-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Undersized at that. :lmao

:lol that too

phxspurfan
12-26-2019, 10:57 PM
Doncic > Bird if he wins 1 ring (only 1). Doncic >>> Bird if wins multiple. Just a better player on paper, better stats likely by the end of his career, better to start, etc etc.

Killakobe81
12-27-2019, 08:26 AM
Lol current NBA has its, issues but Luka is absolutely better than Bird at the same age since Bird was in college playing against nobodies at Indiana State after not cutting it with the Hoosiers, as great as Bird was no one ever mantions this in the Magic vs Bird debates... Not only did magic beat him in college in the championship... but Bird had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated... Magic was better than bird at every level save for his first few nba seasons.
Back to Luka vs Bird... outside of three ball and FT shooting Luka does almost everything equally well and in many cases better than Bird... Bird has better vision but Luka can make passes and drives due to his vastly superior handle Larry couldn't... He is also a better natural athlete...
Luka us like a mix of both magic and Bird tbh with a better handle...

lefty
12-27-2019, 08:34 AM
Lol current NBA has its, issues but Luka is absolutely better than Bird at the same age since Bird was in college playing against nobodies at Indiana State after not cutting it with the Hoosiers, as great as Bird was no one ever mantions this in the Magic vs Bird debates... Not only did magic beat him in college in the championship... but Bird had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated... Magic was better than bird at every level save for his first few nba seasons.
Back to Luka vs Bird... outside of three ball and FT shooting Luka does almost everything equally well and in many cases better than Bird... Bird has better vision but Luka can make passes and drives due to his vastly superior handle Larry couldn't... He is also a better natural athlete...

“Magic beat Bird”

Didn’t know it was one on one, thanks

ambchang
12-27-2019, 10:20 AM

I guess when you can't argue, you just make things up.

Bird didn't "not cut it with the Hoosiers" or "had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated", he didn't like the big campus life and moved on to a no name college with no one around (I think Carl Nicks was the only NBA player other than Bird, and Nicks played 3 uneventful seasons in the NBA), just so that he could play the way he wanted to play. With that, he destroyed the NCAA with an undefeated season until he had to face off with a loaded Michigan State Steam (with Greg Kelser and Jay Vincent on top of Magic. Not physically on top of though).

Bird won 3 straight MVPs, something Magic never did. Bird was a better shooter, leader, rebounder and scorer than Magic. You can argue Bird is an equal or even better passer than Magic. Magic only "became better" after Bird's back gave out.

As for Luka, you are playing with semantics comparing a Doncic who has played professionally for many years to Bird who was still in college at the same age.

I think Luka is an unbelievable talent, but there are holes in his game (defense being the most glaring).

lefty
12-27-2019, 10:45 AM

Bird didn't "not cut it with the Hoosiers" or "had to transfer out of the same Big 10 Magic dominated", he didn't like the big campus life and moved on to a no name college with no one around (I think Carl Nicks was the only NBA player other than Bird, and Nicks played 3 uneventful seasons in the NBA), just so that he could play the way he wanted to play. With that, he destroyed the NCAA with an undefeated season until he had to face off with a loaded Michigan State Steam (with Greg Kelser and Jay Vincent on top of Magic. Not physically on top of though).

Bird won 3 straight MVPs, something Magic never did. Bird was a better shooter, leader, rebounder and scorer than Magic. You can argue Bird is an equal or even better passer than Magic. Magic only "became better" after Bird's back gave out.

As for Luka, you are playing with semantics comparing a Doncic who has played professionally for many years to Bird who was still in college at the same age.

I think Luka is an unbelievable talent, but there are holes in his game (defense being the most glaring).

Bird was clearly a better than Magic

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 12:35 AM

As for Luka, you are playing with semantics comparing a Doncic who has played professionally for many years to Bird who was still in college at the same age. No he was not a better leader magic is considered one of the beast team leaders ever and again won at every level so despite having good teammates he was re common denominator winning a state, ncaa and nba title in a 4 year span... I'll concede shooting obviously but magus was as close or closer as a rebounder especially in big games... Than Bird was to magic as a passer but whatever

You can make whatever excuses you want... For the losses.... Magic didn't just beat him with a superior team but Beat him head to head when both had HOF teammates as well, minus 1984. No one will argue he was a better passer than magic unless you are, trying to prop up Bird... Bird was the best passing forward ever pre LeBron... But neither are good at Magic was at passing, just stop.

Leadership is very subjective and the homesick sounds much better than I hated Bob Knight and struggled in the Big 10...
Magic won HS state, ncaa and nba title in less than 5 years that is leadership. Bird has no nba finals performance that even sniffs magic's game 6 vs Philly despite his three straight MVps.

Yall just mad that LeBron is now the Goat SF and Luka now the new great white hype... Doesn't mean Bird ain't still great Luka has a long way to catch his legacy and Bron surpassed him a few years ago.. Shit happens... Magic passed him too get over it.

apalisoc_9
12-28-2019, 12:47 AM
Luka is not only the most skilled white dude ever..Hes flat out one of the 10 best pick and roll players i have ever seen n the NBA ever.

Also hes better than bird.

FrostKing
12-28-2019, 01:57 AM
Doncic > Bird if he wins 1 ring (only 1). Doncic >>> Bird if wins multiple. Just a better player on paper, better stats likely by the end of his career, better to start, etc etc.
Luka will require some clutch Playoff moments like Bird otherwise he's just another Lebron

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 04:13 AM
Bird won 3 straight MVPs, something Magic never did.

As has been noted on here before, it was basically five straight MVP seasons. They took the fourth to give Magic an accolade and the fifth to give Jordan an accolade.

You have ST racists like Apple Bottom coming on here saying Doncic is better when he doesn't even compare at this point.

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 04:19 AM
You can make whatever excuses you want... For the losses.... Magic didn't just beat him with a superior team but Beat him head to head when both had HOF teammates as well, minus 1984.

Bird had to face off against the Sixers in the early 80's in the early grueling years while the Lakers played nobody and choked in 81 to an eight seed. The C's would wear them down for the Lakers. Despite that, the Sixers swept the Lakers asses in 83.

As for head to head:

84 - Bird wins in 7. Would've been 6 if not for Stern's cheating. BS fouls on McHale and what not to force a Game 7.
85 - Stern had to cheat midseason and change the pivotal Game 5 to LA. C's overloaded in an unsuccessful effort to get 3-2 and were on flimsy legs for Game 6.
86 - Lakers would've got their asses kicked, but Magic wasn't good enough to get there.
87 - Obvious missed calls that threw the series to the Lakers, including the game that Magic hit the hook shot. That should've been C's ball.

Your head to head schtick is the same nonsense every Laker fanboy throws out there.

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 04:20 AM

:lmao

ambchang
12-28-2019, 07:28 AM
You can make whatever excuses you want... For the losses.... Magic didn't just beat him with a superior team but Beat him head to head when both had HOF teammates as well, minus 1984. No one will argue he was a better passer than magic unless you are, trying to prop up Bird... Bird was the best passing forward ever pre LeBron... But neither are good at Magic was at passing, just stop.

Leadership is very subjective and the homesick sounds much better than I hated Bob Knight and struggled in the Big 10...
Magic won HS state, ncaa and nba title in less than 5 years that is leadership. Bird has no nba finals performance that even sniffs magic's game 6 vs Philly despite his three straight MVps.

Yall just mad that LeBron is now the Goat SF and Luka now the new great white hype... Doesn't mean Bird ain't still great Luka has a long way to catch his legacy and Bron surpassed him a few years ago.. Shit happens... Magic passed him too get over it.

Magic has always been winning with stacked teams. There wasn't a single second where bird wasn’t the best player on the Celtics yet magic was clearly the 2nd banana on the lakers until 1985, arguably 1986. And you want to say they had equal teams?

Birds passing was great but he didn’t handle the rock as much.

Not sure why you had to bash bird. The worse bird looks the worse magic looks.

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 08:43 AM
Magic has always been winning with stacked teams. There wasn't a single second where bird wasn’t the best player on the Celtics yet magic was clearly the 2nd banana on the lakers until 1985, arguably 1986. And you want to say they had equal teams?

Birds passing was great but he didn’t handle the rock as much.

Not sure why you had to bash bird. The worse bird looks the worse magic looks.

Saying Magic was better or Luka has potential to be better isn't bashing Bird... Amb I expect that from casuals...you always bashed a certain player when making comparisons I'm just stating fact. There is no large gap either way.. Bird is the second greatest SF (though pre injury Durant was building a case as Kawhi is now some could argue KD has passed him tho I won't here) ever, Magic the greatest PG, period. They both were the two best players in the 80s, despite a decade that at Jordan started in 84 and included Kareem Malone Moses Hakeem Robinson etc. That is not bashing I just don't have some ulterior motive for over rating him either.. I could easily say KD was better till his Achilles went out... Having a bad back doesn't give Bird any sacred cows just like Aids doesn't help magic early injuries illness doesn't give a player a bonus... This isn't rap were great artisists that are murdered are elevated because we never saw them age magic and Bird both got old its part of their story...

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Just like with MJ everyone acts like Birds career ended in 86 or MJ after the second three peat... Bird was the best player in the NBA from 81-1984 God bless him for that but his entire career was not as good as a whole than most of the general NBA top 10-15. Bird and (Magic to a lessor degree) gets a false boost for saving the NBA but SF has fiercer competition until recently than PG... You can make a case for Stockton or Steph but by and large no one has challenged Magic at PG while LeBron and KD are arguably greater (career wise not peak)

endrity
12-28-2019, 01:44 PM
While I am not old enough to have seen Bird play live, I have seen plenty of his games later on. The man was a monster for the very same reasons that Luka, Dirk and other white players are. Their decision making is perfect, they know their limits and don't make mistakes, they get to their spots - and when they do, they can score as well as anyone else in the league, no matter their relative athletic deficiencies.

By 2011, Dirk's high-post/elbow-extended isolations were incredible. Those are positions that everyone runs away from now, but Dirk had mastered every move and angle by that point. He was playing off memory any time he touched the ball in those areas.

Same goes for 1986 Bird, which is as good a basketball player as anyone in the last 40 years. There was no type of defense that could bother him. Outside or inside, back-to-the-basket or facing-the-basket, he had mastered every single shot. After that, his back gave up and he quickly became a shell of the player he once was.

So yeah, Luka needs to win a lot before he can enter the same conversation. In fact, he still needs quite a lot to enter Dirk territory. Good thing is, he has every tool needed to get there, including the brains. Hopefully, his body keeps up, the FO makes good decisions, and there is no reason that in 10 years we are not talking about him in the same manner. But it is way too early.

ambchang
12-28-2019, 02:21 PM
Saying Magic was better or Luka has potential to be better isn't bashing Bird... Amb I expect that from casuals...you always bashed a certain player when making comparisons I'm just stating fact. There is no large gap either way.. Bird is the second greatest SF (though pre injury Durant was building a case as Kawhi is now some could argue KD has passed him tho I won't here) ever, Magic the greatest PG, period. They both were the two best players in the 80s, despite a decade that at Jordan started in 84 and included Kareem Malone Moses Hakeem Robinson etc. That is not bashing I just don't have some ulterior motive for over rating him either.. I could easily say KD was better till his Achilles went out... Having a bad back doesn't give Bird any sacred cows just like Aids doesn't help magic early injuries illness doesn't give a player a bonus... This isn't rap were great artisists that are murdered are elevated because we never saw them age magic and Bird both got old its part of their story...

Saying Magic was better or Luka has the potential isn’t bashing, the reasons you used are the bashing’s.

KD better than bird is a joke. He has done nothing without an absolutely stacked team, and sometimes couldn’t go anywhere even with a stacked team.

lefty
12-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Bird > Magic > Ed Nealy > Luka Doncic

Clipper Nation
12-28-2019, 05:00 PM
He has done nothing without an absolutely stacked team, and sometimes couldn’t go anywhere even with a stacked team.

You do realize this exact same argument applies to Bird, right? Those Celtics teams were stacked.

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 05:07 PM
Bird was the best player in the NBA from 81-1984

Try 80-88.

lefty
12-28-2019, 05:17 PM
Try 80-88.
That tbh

lefty
12-28-2019, 05:20 PM
You do realize this exact same argument applies to Bird, right? Those Celtics teams were stacked.

Look at Bird’s impact on Boston in his rookie season with the corpses of Maravitch and Cowens :lol and without Parish and McHale

And the Lakers roster was more stacked than Boston’s anyway
They also had an easier conference, and when teams threatened them , Stern suspended their players

Everybody was doing coke in the 80s

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 05:22 PM
That tbh

And when healthy enough, on any given night still the best in the early 90's too.

Still wish the C's would've gotten past the Cavs in the 7th game.

That Bulls-Celtics series would've been epic, and it probably would've added one more season to Jordan not winning a championship.

lefty
12-28-2019, 05:25 PM
And when healthy enough, on any given night still the best in the early 90's too.

Still wish the C's would've gotten past the Cavs in the 7th game.

That Bulls-Celtics series would've been epic, and it probably would've added one more season to Jordan not winning a championship.

Not to mention Stern murdered Bias

MJ himself admitted he was happy to see Bird retire

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 05:49 PM
They also had an easier conference, and when teams threatened them , Stern suspended their players

Corrupt AF.

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Not to mention Stern murdered Bias

One wonders.

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 07:28 PM
That tbh

Hahaha
:rollin:lmao

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 07:29 PM
Try 80-88.:lmao:wakeup

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 08:16 PM
:lmao:wakeup

80 is arguable b/c I'm really gauging it based on Bird clearly making the difference from a team standpoint rather than simply an individual standpoint.

But if you really want to :lmao, you literally cut off Bird's final two MVP seasons (85,86) on your analysis.

Then I give 87 and 88 to Bird because it's obvious he was still the best all-around player and ultimately played at the MVP level for the fourth and fifth straight season.

The scary part is how much better he could've been if he hadn't severed his finger in the off-season before his rookie season.

It took him four seasons to get his outside shot anywhere near to what it was in college.

lefty
12-28-2019, 08:48 PM
80 is arguable b/c I'm really gauging it based on Bird clearly making the difference from a team standpoint rather than simply an individual standpoint.

But if you really want to :lmao, you literally cut off Bird's final two MVP seasons (85,86) on your analysis.

Then I give 87 and 88 to Bird because it's obvious he was still the best all-around player and ultimately played at the MVP level for the fourth and fifth straight season.

The scary part is how much better he could've been if he hadn't severed his finger in the off-season before his rookie season.

It took him four seasons to get his outside shot anywhere near to what it was in college.

:lol don’t bother, Lakers fans still believe their team invented basketball

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 09:11 PM
Saying Magic was better or Luka has potential to be better isn't bashing Bird.

Stupid or bashing. Semantics, tbh.

Spurtacular
12-28-2019, 09:12 PM
:lol don’t bother, Lakers fans still believe their team invented basketball

Biggest fanboy base in all of sports, tbh.

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 10:11 PM
For the mental midgets:
Stats metrics and rings only matter for Timmy D but in every other debate its MVP and romaticiized bullshit ...

PER: Magic 24.11 (14th) vs 23.50 (19th) Close but Magic wins here
Playoff PER: Magic 22.9 (19th) vs. Bird 21.41 (29th)

Win shares: Magic 155.79 (21st) vs Bird 145.83 (24th)
Playoffs Win shares: Magic 32.63 (5th ) vs. Bird (11th) (BTW Magic only trails Lebron, Jordan, Duncan and Kareem here ...just sayin')

Win/48: Magic .2249 (9th) vs .2032 (22nd)
Playoffs Win/48: Magic .2078 (5th) vs .1731 (31st)

Offensive Rating Magic 120.79 (4th) vs Bird 114.53 (65th)
Defensive Rating Magic (196) Bird (63rd) Bird destroys him here the one advanced metric that favors Bird clearly

Rings: Magic 6 vs. Bird 3* (including of 3 of 4 head to head with that NCAA title game ass whuppin')

MVPs: Bird 3 vs. Magic 3 (Bird got three straight props though MVP's dont mean as much to me but when Bird and to lessor degree Magic got them ... they meant more)

Finals MVPs: Magic 3 Bird

All NBA: Magic 10x Bird 10x

You want more?

SI all time: Magic 6th, Bird 7th
ESPN NBA rank: Magic 4th Bird 6th

But let me throw you a few bones if we go to TRADITional COUNTING STATS whuch have been discredited around here ....

Career stats:

career pts: Bird 34th Magic 81st
Career Reb: Bird 54th Magic 138th
career asts: Magic 5th Bird 42nd
Career stls: Magic 21st Bird 36th

Playoff Points: Bird 12th Magic 15th
Playoff Rebounds: Bird 1tth Magic 18th
Playoff Assists: Magic 1st Bird 6th
Playoff Steals Magic 4th Bird 8th

So In some career numbers including FT shooting and 3 pt shooting Bird is withput a doubt better than magic but rings, metrics (save defensive rating), experrts all point to Magic ... but hey lets not let facts get in the way of romantic fiction ...

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 10:20 PM
BTW my boy Luka just dropped another triple double ...

Killakobe81
12-28-2019, 10:24 PM
Bird had to face off against the Sixers in the early 80's in the early grueling years while the Lakers played nobody and choked in 81 to an eight seed. The C's would wear them down for the Lakers. Despite that, the Sixers swept the Lakers asses in 83.

As for head to head:

84 - Bird wins in 7. Would've been 6 if not for Stern's cheating. BS fouls on McHale and what not to force a Game 7.
85 - Stern had to cheat midseason and change the pivotal Game 5 to LA. C's overloaded in an unsuccessful effort to get 3-2 and were on flimsy legs for Game 6.
86 - Lakers would've got their asses kicked, but Magic wasn't good enough to get there.
87 - Obvious missed calls that threw the series to the Lakers, including the game that Magic hit the hook shot. That should've been C's ball.

Your head to head schtick is the same nonsense every Laker fanboy throws out there.

What a shitty post ... - 10 pts for refs bitching, son ...

"the refs only cheat when my TEAM or Favorite player loses!! snif, sniff waaaaaa!!!

ambchang
12-29-2019, 08:13 AM

Compared to the competition? No. The lakers and arguably the 6ers were more stacked.

ambchang
12-29-2019, 08:20 AM
For the mental midgets:
Stats metrics and rings only matter for Timmy D but in every other debate its MVP and romaticiized bullshit ...

PER: Magic 24.11 (14th) vs 23.50 (19th) Close but Magic wins here
Playoff PER: Magic 22.9 (19th) vs. Bird 21.41 (29th)

Win shares: Magic 155.79 (21st) vs Bird 145.83 (24th)
Playoffs Win shares: Magic 32.63 (5th ) vs. Bird (11th) (BTW Magic only trails Lebron, Jordan, Duncan and Kareem here ...just sayin')

Win/48: Magic .2249 (9th) vs .2032 (22nd)
Playoffs Win/48: Magic .2078 (5th) vs .1731 (31st)

Offensive Rating Magic 120.79 (4th) vs Bird 114.53 (65th)
Defensive Rating Magic (196) Bird (63rd) Bird destroys him here the one advanced metric that favors Bird clearly

Rings: Magic 6 vs. Bird 3* (including of 3 of 4 head to head with that NCAA title game ass whuppin')

MVPs: Bird 3 vs. Magic 3 (Bird got three straight props though MVP's dont mean as much to me but when Bird and to lessor degree Magic got them ... they meant more)

Finals MVPs: Magic 3 Bird

All NBA: Magic 10x Bird 10x

You want more?

But let me throw you a few bones if we go to TRADITional COUNTING STATS whuch have been discredited around here ....

Career stats:

career pts: Bird 34th Magic 81st
Career Reb: Bird 54th Magic 138th
career asts: Magic 5th Bird 42nd
Career stls: Magic 21st Bird 36th

Playoff Points: Bird 12th Magic 15th
Playoff Rebounds: Bird 1tth Magic 18th
Playoff Assists: Magic 1st Bird 6th
Playoff Steals Magic 4th Bird 8th

So In some career numbers including FT shooting and 3 pt shooting Bird is withput a doubt better than magic but rings, metrics (save defensive rating), experrts all point to Magic ... but hey lets not let facts get in the way of romantic fiction ...

Bird dropped off like a rock after the injury. He was pummeling magic before it. As for playoffs stats, much easier to go through Denver Nuggets and Dallas mavericks than 76ers and Detroit Pistons. I’m not even counting the bulls and the cavs which are basically as good as any team magic faced in the west other than maybe the intact rockets and Dallas.

Killakobe81
12-29-2019, 09:26 AM
Bird dropped off like a rock after the injury. He was pummeling magic before it. As for playoffs stats, much easier to go through Denver Nuggets and Dallas mavericks than 76ers and Detroit Pistons. I’m not even counting the bulls and the cavs which are basically as good as any team magic faced in the west other than maybe the intact rockets and Dallas.

Injury excuses... You do realize a career does factor injuries? If your argument is that Bird at his peak was better than magic, fine I concede that peak Bird... like say, peak Hakeem or Shaq being better than Duncan, I agree.

But all the same metrics that Say Duncan is better than Shaq, Dream or Achilles all point to Magic having a better career than Bird.
Spur fan doesn't get to use metrics to rightfully support the claim that Timmy D is underrated, then ignore them, to prop Bird over Magic. The numbers are relatively close but Magic's advanced metrics clearly outrank Bird in those very metrics and I won't let the hypocrisy stand... It's Spur fan acting like the fanboy here, pointing to awards and leadership narrative and ignoring facts.

Peak Bird was a top 5 player career Bird is probably not top 10 more like 15th if you just look at the metrics but I still have him in my top 10 as the second greatest SF..

lefty
12-29-2019, 10:19 AM
Harden is Better than Magic tbh

Killakobe81
12-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Harden is Better than Magic tbh

As a SG or pure scorer?
Absolutely...

lefty
12-29-2019, 11:53 AM
As a SG or pure scorer?
Absolutely...
As a player tbh

ElNono
12-29-2019, 05:43 PM
Lou Williams is better than Larry Bird and Magic combined, tbh

ambchang
12-29-2019, 09:07 PM
Injury excuses... You do realize a career does factor injuries? If your argument is that Bird at his peak was better than magic, fine I concede that peak Bird... like say, peak Hakeem or Shaq being better than Duncan, I agree.

But all the same metrics that Say Duncan is better than Shaq, Dream or Achilles all point to Magic having a better career than Bird.
Spur fan doesn't get to use metrics to rightfully support the claim that Timmy D is underrated, then ignore them, to prop Bird over Magic. The numbers are relatively close but Magic's advanced metrics clearly outrank Bird in those very metrics and I won't let the hypocrisy stand... It's Spur fan acting like the fanboy here, pointing to awards and leadership narrative and ignoring facts.

Peak Bird was a top 5 player career Bird is probably not top 10 more like 15th if you just look at the metrics but I still have him in my top 10 as the second greatest SF..

Peak duncan was better than peak Hakeem. Those two years were over exaggerated. Peak shaq was like two three years max. Peak Duncan was close to ten years. Whereas peak bird was six years and peak magic was about the same. Just that magic had a longer career because the western conference was so weak.

Peak bird was as good as peak Jordan shaq and Lebron. But both Jordan and Lebron had way longer careers.

Killakobe81
12-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Peak duncan was better than peak Hakeem. Those two years were over exaggerated. Peak shaq was like two three years max. Peak Duncan was close to ten years. Whereas peak bird was six years and peak magic was about the same. Just that magic had a longer career because the western conference was so weak.

Peak bird was as good as peak Jordan shaq and Lebron. But both Jordan and Lebron had way longer careers.

Longer peak doesn't mean greater peak, just greater career, like magic over Bird

Killakobe81
12-29-2019, 10:43 PM
Damn, my boy nay stepson Luka took a hard fall...

Ball Buster
12-29-2019, 10:45 PM
This might sound callous, why did Luka not even try to protect his head as he was falling down on that play? Even if there was contact with Dwight. He did this the last time Dallas played the Lakers. The guys always smacking his head against the floor. Protect your noggin dude.

Killakobe81
12-30-2019, 12:30 AM
Not his best game but Luka still a balla...
My stepson gonna take shit out on next team they play...
Oh special soutout to my nephew Caruso I'm adopting all the good (Caruso) to great (Luka) on whiteboys on my all mistress team the squad is Steph Russ Giannis Luka Ingram with Ingles and Kleber off the bench.
Those only non Lakers I root for...

LkrFan
12-30-2019, 12:59 AM
As a player tbh

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
12-30-2019, 01:01 AM

The difference between Duncan and Dream is Gregory Popovich. Give Dream Pop for 20 years and I guarantee you he wins more than 4.61 rangs.

Dream >>

swrowe78
12-30-2019, 01:03 AM
I feel like Luka going to be hated in the NBA if he continues his flopping. Second straight game where he hooked his arm on the defender creating contact.

Chucho
12-30-2019, 01:10 AM
Compared to the competition? No. The lakers and arguably the 6ers were more stacked.

Again, your bias is showing.

What years were the 76ers more stacked than the Lakers or Celts during the 80s? NEVER.

The Fo, Fi, Fo 6ers were the best of the lot, and had a past-prime Doc and Moses Malone. There are a lot of familiar names like your Doug Collins and Darryl Dawkins and Mo Cheeks, but they were just really good pieces. Lakers and Celts boasted 3+ HOFers basically every year of the 80's. Most in their primes. Magic, Worthy, Kareem. Bird, McHale, Chief. Their benches had better pieces throughout the decade than those early-mid 80s 76er teams. The Celts had HoFers on the bench like Tiny Archibald and Dennis Johnson and the Lakers had the best bench/role players for the majority of the decade. AC Green, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, Bob McAdo (HOF), Norm Nixon, Kurt Rambis, Mychal Thompson...it's fucking hard to find a team that surrounded their stars with better castmates than the Lakers did in the 80s.

You're wrong, Chang.

Chucho
12-30-2019, 01:13 AM
The difference between Duncan and Dream is Gregory Popovich. Give Dream Pop for 20 years and I guarantee you he wins more than 4.61 rangs.

Dream >>

Little Juanito, unsure of how long you're home pinche squid, but put that plastic bottle tequila down, son.

If Dream had Pop, they'd only have the two rings, but the Magic would have won 2 games against them and Barkley would have had to admit that Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley were better than him in front of the whole team his retirement season.

LkrFan
12-30-2019, 01:16 AM
Little Juanito, unsure of how long you're home pinche squid, but put that plastic bottle tequila down, son.

If Dream had Pop, they'd only have the two rings, but the Magic would have won 2 games against them and Barkley would have had to admit that Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley were better than him in front of the whole team his retirement season.

:lol

LkrFan
12-30-2019, 01:18 AM
I feel like Luka going to be hated in the NBA if he continues his flopping. Second straight game where he hooked his arm on the defender creating contact.

Saw it live. That was Hardenesque. I hope he gets fined.

Also, he was flopping when he was fouled by Dwert. Probably concussed? I know his back will be sore in the morning along with a headache.

LkrFan
12-30-2019, 01:23 AM
Luka is the Real Deal Holyfield tho. The Lakers scouted him well. He didn't play nearly as well as he did the last time. He shot 5/14, 0-6 3ptrs, 7 dimes and 6 turnovers.

Avery Bradley sucks offensively but he was a big reason Luka shot poorly. If not for 9-9 freebies (via superstar calls), Luka might have single digits tonight.

Helluva defensive effort by the Lakers tonight :tu

Spurtacular
12-30-2019, 03:52 AM

All the corporations pull this shit. That way they don't have to deal with the obvious reality that Bird was better than Jordan because they've created a false narrative roadblock.

As it is, nobody thinks to say Magic is better than Jordan. That should be your first clue that it's bull shit, bro.

Killakobe81
12-30-2019, 04:37 AM
Because even Bird/Magic knows that MJ was better...

ambchang
12-30-2019, 06:35 AM
Longer peak doesn't mean greater peak, just greater career, like magic over Bird

Agreee but birds peak was just as long as magics. He just dropped off dramatically because of his back.

ambchang
12-30-2019, 06:37 AM

Dream >>

Rudy t changed how the league used the three ball.

ambchang
12-30-2019, 06:41 AM
Again, your bias is showing.

What years were the 76ers more stacked than the Lakers or Celts during the 80s? NEVER.

The Fo, Fi, Fo 6ers were the best of the lot, and had a past-prime Doc and Moses Malone. There are a lot of familiar names like your Doug Collins and Darryl Dawkins and Mo Cheeks, but they were just really good pieces. Lakers and Celts boasted 3+ HOFers basically every year of the 80's. Most in their primes. Magic, Worthy, Kareem. Bird, McHale, Chief. Their benches had better pieces throughout the decade than those early-mid 80s 76er teams. The Celts had HoFers on the bench like Tiny Archibald and Dennis Johnson and the Lakers had the best bench/role players for the majority of the decade. AC Green, Byron Scott, Michael Cooper, Bob McAdo (HOF), Norm Nixon, Kurt Rambis, Mychal Thompson...it's fucking hard to find a team that surrounded their stars with better castmates than the Lakers did in the 80s.

You're wrong, Chang.

Not the lakers but comparable to the Celtics. Moses, dr J, cheeks, jones, toney. I’d say is comparable to bird, mchale parish Johnson

LkrFan
12-30-2019, 08:52 AM
Rudy t changed how the league used the three ball.

Rudy T had the same team Phil Jackson did, but his balls shriveled up under the bright LA lights because he couldn't take the pressure of coaching the Lakers.

PS - he only "won" when MJ was "retired" from the NBA. Both his titles get an *

ambchang
12-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Rudy T had the same team Phil Jackson did, but his balls shriveled up under the bright LA lights because he couldn't take the pressure of coaching the Lakers.

:lol pressures of coaching LA

It’s called pressures of coaching Kobe the coach killer.

Rudy T requires players who would actually play team basketball, he doesn’t want to play mind games and such.

I will give you KFCis the greatest at kind controlling his players, can’t last long as he had a huge hand in creating the divide between shaq and Kobe and Jordan/pippen and management, but he’s good with getting these short bursts of excellence.

As for the asterisk, you already destroyed your own credibility on the subject by randomly placing the asterisk whenever you well please with no objectivity to speak of.

lefty
12-30-2019, 11:14 AM
Because even Bird/Magic knows that MJ was better...

:lmao

i'm_still_beta
12-30-2019, 11:32 AM

Hakeem's Rockets were shitting on Jordan's Bulls. MJ was fortunate to leave NBA for this 1,5 years

lefty
12-30-2019, 12:29 PM
Hakeem's Rockets were shitting on Jordan's Bulls. MJ was fortunate to leave NBA for this 1,5 years

Truth nukes

swrowe78
12-30-2019, 12:36 PM
All the corporations pull this shit. That way they don't have to deal with the obvious reality that Bird was better than Jordan because they've created a false narrative roadblock.

As it is, nobody thinks to say Magic is better than Jordan. That should be your first clue that it's bull shit, bro.
Meh, Bird probably would have been better than Jordan and the goat if he had the athleticism. Too bad he didn't.

lefty
12-30-2019, 12:41 PM
:lol Luke Donkey is flopping like Harden now
Soon, everybody will hate him

lefty
12-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Meh, Bird probably would have been better than Jordan and the goat if he had the athleticism. Too bad he didn't.

Even without athleticism he was better than Demar D... I mean Jordan

Spurtacular
12-30-2019, 01:30 PM
Even without athleticism he was better than Demar D... I mean Jordan

Under-rated athleticism, tbh.

swrowe78
12-30-2019, 01:48 PM
Under-rated athleticism, tbh.
Compared to MJ? No. Also, defense. MJ much better defender.

lefty
12-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Especially since MVPippen did all the heavy lifting defensively

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 02:55 PM

That's a fucking myth if there ever was one. Bird's all-time defensive rating is higher than Jordan. Higher than Pippen for that matter.

Bird was a defensive stud from the outset. In his rookie year without Parish/McHale, Bird led the league in defensive win shares while turning the team around 32 wins from the season prior. BTW, yet another reason why only the ignorant morons are putting Magic ahead of Bird. It's the equivalent of putting Kobe ahead Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Ixy8Uttq0

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 02:59 PM
TBH, one of my favorite players of all-time to watch play defense. Ranks up there with watching prime Kawhi; although they have clearly different defensive predispositions obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H76dsMqo3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpEAZMT5t_U

Killakobe81
12-31-2019, 10:31 PM
Bird was a good team defender but better than MJ when MJ was locked in is laughable... And if Pippen did the heavy lifting for MJ... DJ and w McHale did that and more for Bird too...

Killakobe81
12-31-2019, 10:33 PM
Love Luka but Bird probably nails the game tying 3 he just missed at OKC... He was wide ass open... Birdcrarely missed anything wide open (or at least it seemed that way)

swrowe78
12-31-2019, 10:35 PM
That's a fucking myth if there ever was one. Bird's all-time defensive rating is higher than Jordan. Higher than Pippen for that matter.

Bird was a defensive stud from the outset. In his rookie year without Parish/McHale, Bird led the league in defensive win shares while turning the team around 32 wins from the season prior. BTW, yet another reason why only the ignorant morons are putting Magic ahead of Bird. It's the equivalent of putting Kobe ahead Jordan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Ixy8Uttq0
Numbers are not everything. Jordan most definitely was the better defender. Jordan would take turns with Pippen defending the teams best player. A lot of it was genetics. Bird just wasn't born with the long hands and athleticism that Jordan had.

swrowe78
12-31-2019, 10:36 PM
Love Luka but Bird probably nails the game tying 3 he just missed at OKC... He was wide ass open... Birdcrarely missed anything wide open (or at least it seemed that way)
I mean, Bird missed a wide open game winning three in the NBA finals against the Lakers. I think it was the 1987 finals. But yeah, Bird wouldn't chuck 16 3's lol. If Bird jumper was cold, he would try and get offensive rebounds and get easy layups like he did in the 1984 nba finals which was much smarter.

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 10:47 PM
Numbers are not everything. Jordan most definitely was the better defender. Jordan would take turns with Pippen defending the teams best player. A lot of it was genetics. Bird just wasn't born with the long hands and athleticism that Jordan had.

Jordan was a fucking noodle. Sure he could do some things on the perimeter against dribblers and could get a little more air for blindside blocks. But Bird was a defensive master whereas Jordan was a cherry picker. You said it yourself; he had to switch with Pippen and choose his spots. Nobody was talking about Jordan's defense pre-Pippen.

And I'm guessing seven minutes was too long a video for someone like you to watch. So, here is the main thesis on hands in 14 seconds since you want to talk about hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3nLvyN7ssg

Killakobe81
12-31-2019, 10:49 PM
I mean, Bird missed a wide open game winning three in the NBA finals against the Lakers. I think it was the 1987 finals. But yeah, Bird wouldn't chuck 16 3's lol. If Bird jumper was cold, he would try and get offensive rebounds and get easy layups like he did in the 1984 nba finals which was much smarter.

If it was the one I'm thinking of he had to quick release over the late contest and it still looked good Luka was bucked ass naked open... I know Bird missed wide open shots on occasion... My point was it never felt like he did when it mattered...

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 10:54 PM

I don't think it was that wide open. He was feeling for the seams of the basketball with the defender running at him. But all the same, Bird will tell you he should've made it. He even said he was expecting it to go in and then it didn't. I think in the same breath he said it was the only shot he missed like that, too.

I give you credit with having some familiarity with Larry's game though. He basically was a twenty-one foot and in player for the first five years of his career and would tend to only expand past that after seeing a few shots go in and at certain points of the game to shoot daggers. Again, that's because he didn't have the same shot after severing his finger. He got a semblance of it back in the second half of his career; but damn it's scary to think that that man who is already GOAT could've been so much better otherwise.

JohnnyMax
12-31-2019, 10:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHvtng1AQs4

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 11:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHvtng1AQs4

Dick says top 10 or top 12 player?

:lol If he's that far back, then any comparisons to Bird are just flat out insulting.

Killakobe81
01-08-2020, 09:20 PM
My nicca Luka still hooping and shitting on his doubters...

lefty
01-09-2020, 12:13 AM
Dick says top 10 or top 12 player?

:lol If he's that far back, then any comparisons to Bird are just flat out insulting.

lefty
01-11-2020, 02:19 PM
Lol ripping jersey

Mental midget :lol

horseshue
01-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Without porzingis mavs are a lottery team.

Killakobe81
01-11-2020, 08:51 PM
Pace of play greenlight whatever you wanna call but when 25 5 and 5 is an off night even with six turnovers you are legit.
Plus he owned it in the press conference didn't blame refs (directly but did imply he has to better handle bad or no calls)
He is a brat but he only 20 he ss scary good prodigy now and only getting better.

Slo spurs fan
01-18-2020, 10:10 AM
Without porzingis mavs are a lottery team.

Say that again?

horseshue
01-18-2020, 02:06 PM
Dubs, Kings and guests is what they won. Ok, mavs are still better spurs, so lottery team was an overstatement from me.

Spurtacular
01-23-2020, 08:16 PM
Donkey passed up on a game tying / lead taking three a couple times very late against the Clippers; and his teammate bricked the three.

The one that I clearly remember, he was passing up on a straight-on three from a few feet behind the line to pass to a guy at the line for the angled three.

Could that have been the higher percent three and the sign of an unselfish player / smart player? That can be argued. But I don't see MJ or Bird passing up on such shots usually.

Texas_Ranger
01-23-2020, 08:50 PM
Donkey passed up on a game tying / lead taking three a couple times very late against the Clippers; and his teammate bricked the three.

The one that I clearly remember, he was passing up on a straight-on three from a few feet behind the line to pass to a guy at the line for the angled three.

Could that have been the higher percent three and the sign of an unselfish player / smart player? That can be argued. But I don't see MJ or Bird passing up on such shots usually.

if he took the 3 and another guy was open the talk would be how he's selfish, so there is no win for him in this.

Spurtacular
01-23-2020, 09:46 PM
if he took the 3 and another guy was open the talk would be how he's selfish, so there is no win for him in this.

Both were open. Donkey decided he wasn't the guy for the job.

lefty
01-24-2020, 12:36 AM
Both were open. Donkey decided he wasn't the guy for the job.

01-24-2020, 12:46 AM
Yeah, because he hasnt hit plenty of clutch shots already :lol out of all the things you can criticize him for being afraid of the moment is one of the dumbest you could pick tbh

Aspergtacular
01-24-2020, 12:58 AM
he's a choker i knews it all along...ive got it all figured out, i so smart everyone else dumb hehehehehe

Spurtacular
01-24-2020, 01:25 AM

TBF, OP kind of saying to not compare. :lol

lefty
01-24-2020, 07:42 AM
Lol his « clutch shots » were made when his team was already leading by a couple of points

That ain’t pressure

somerset
01-24-2020, 09:24 AM
Luka will be better than bird.

lefty
01-24-2020, 11:13 AM
Luka will be better than bird.
Talented, but has that fagget gene, so no

somerset
01-24-2020, 02:29 PM
No clue what a fagget gene is. What is the fagget gene? Something you have? Is that something to do with that actor you have as your avatar? He started off great then disappeared. Are you worried Luka has already peaked at 20 and will follow in his footsteps of being irrelevant after one successful movie?

Texas_Ranger
01-24-2020, 02:44 PM
Hating on a 29, 10 & 9 guy in his second year, leading his team pretty much by himself into a playoff spot in the west is just retarded. I thought people here were smarter than skip bayless, but I guess I was wrong.

lefty
01-24-2020, 02:55 PM
Hating on a 29, 10 & 9 guy in his second year, leading his team pretty much by himself into a playoff spot in the west is just retarded. I thought people here were smarter than skip bayless, but I guess I was wrong.
We're not hating tbh

Nuance my friend

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 02:55 AM
Pace of play greenlight whatever you wanna call but when 25 5 and 5 is an off night even with six turnovers you are legit.
Plus he owned it in the press conference didn't blame refs (directly but did imply he has to better handle bad or no calls)
He is a brat but he only 20 he ss scary good prodigy now and only getting better.

He's got to be top 3 in usage rate if I had to guess. It's legit nothing special on a statistical level.

But don't get me wrong; Donkey is a top 10 NBA player right now. I enjoy watching him and all.

I question whether he is that good of a shooter or a byproduct of current NBA spacing. 78 FT, man? Come on now.

Spurtacular
01-25-2020, 02:57 AM

Russell Westbrook was putting up better numbers in OKC; we all know what certain ball hogs can do in this league in the right situation.

Texas_Ranger
01-25-2020, 03:11 AM
Russell Westbrook was putting up better numbers in OKC; we all know what certain ball hogs can do in this league in the right situation.

Westbrook had the stats, but he is just a dumbass with a low basketball IQ, while Luka looks like one of the smartest players in the NBA already.

Killakobe81
03-10-2020, 08:18 PM
Luka sure looking Like Bird whenever he plays the Spurs ...

lefty
03-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Luka sure looking Like Bird whenever he plays the Spurs ...
Cool we won

Spurtacular
03-18-2020, 01:48 AM
Doncic like Curry before him is a product of no hand checking. That pile of pudge would've got his ass handed to him in the 80's and 90's.

Spurtacular
03-09-2021, 04:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-gjmGQ-SNc

velik_m
03-11-2021, 01:30 AM
Doncic like Curry before him is a product of no hand checking. That pile of pudge would've got his ass handed to him in the 80's and 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydOUbQqYb30

Texas_Ranger
03-11-2021, 05:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydOUbQqYb30

anyone that think those guards from the 80's and 90's would give Luka or pretty much any great guard in this era problems is a fucking retard.

just as everyone's a retard who compares Luka to Bird. Comparing them just cause they're white. Idiots. Sooner this morons realize Doncic is not playing like anyone so far, the better.

Spurtacular
03-11-2021, 06:50 AM
anyone that think those guards from the 80's and 90's would give Luka or pretty much any great guard in this era problems is a fucking retard.

Plenty of 80's players who could shoot like Donkey. He would've been like anyone else getting bodied up and worn out on the block and getting hand checked to limit his ability to volume shoot the threes.

Texas_Ranger
03-11-2021, 07:35 AM
Plenty of 80's players who could shoot like Donkey. He would've been like anyone else getting bodied up and worn out on the block and getting hand checked to limit his ability to volume shoot the threes.

tell me an 80's player that made over 400 3's in his first 2.5 seasons. Oh and most of those were tough shots, cause give Luka wide open 3's and he'd also shoot 45% or more. And I watched Luka play 3 years before he came to the NBA and he had no problem being bodied, cause they actually play defense in Euroleague before the start of the playoffs. Thats why he even said it's easier to score in the NBA. There is only one guard that ever gave Doncic problems and thats Ben Simmons. Id love to see those midget guards from the 80's give him problems. Every single sport and athlete is evolving, but somehow the 80's NBA players would dominate now. Yea sure. Most of them played hard and had to be physical cause they pretty much sucked.

lefty
03-11-2021, 08:39 AM
lol at the overrated muh physicality and muh hand checking
Wht a crock of BS :lol

lefty
03-11-2021, 08:41 AM
tell me an 80's player that made over 400 3's in his first 2.5 seasons. Oh and most of those were tough shots, cause give Luka wide open 3's and he'd also shoot 45% or more. And I watched Luka play 3 years before he came to the NBA and he had no problem being bodied, cause they actually play defense in Euroleague before the start of the playoffs. Thats why he even said it's easier to score in the NBA. There is only one guard that ever gave Doncic problems and thats Ben Simmons. Id love to see those midget guards from the 80's give him problems. Every single sport and athlete is evolving, but somehow the 80's NBA players would dominate now. Yea sure. Most of them played hard and had to be physical cause they pretty much sucked.

Exactly, nobody os saying 60s NBA is better than 80s NBA, but somehow 80s NBA is better than today
:lol det goal post move

Killakobe81
03-11-2021, 10:35 AM
I dont compare Bird and Luka because they are both white. Its the vision, smarts fearlessness and the ability ti get to his spots despite not being faster or more explosive than his defenders. Luka is a better athlete, a better vall handler than Larry was. BIRD was a better pure shooter and rebounder tough as nails and didn't flop.
Stylistically in Luka, you see shades of Harden, Pierce Manu and even past his peak Lebron. BUT agree no one player fits but to dismiss any connection to Bird is silly but only using Bird is lazy too. However both were MVP caliber at a very young age that is also similar...

JamStone
03-11-2021, 10:36 AM
For me, Luka not having a problem scoring in the 80s is about his vast skill set to diversify his offense. One of the things that really separates Luka from most great scorers is his ability to do pretty much everything well on offense. Bigger guy on him, he can attack with the dribble and finish at the rim or hit the jumper if the defender plays off of him. Smaller guys, we’ve seen him back them down into the post. Quick defender that’s his size, he has an in between game of floaters, midrange, and fade-aways, as well as the moves, touch, and dexterity to use the glass, reverses, pump fakes, and both hands to finish. Double teams, he’s a very good passer.

Heck, guys like Harden and LeBron don’t even do all those things well. Harden doesn’t have much of a midrange game, and both Harden and LeBron have rarely used a post game over the years. Maybe they can do it, but not nearly as well. Luka has an offensive toolkit as vast and as great as we’ve seen in a while. And he uses them all. And I’ve seen Luka get beat up, hit in the face, fouled hard. Probably fouled hard as much as any other player in recent memory. Has not stopped him from getting up and going right back at the defense. I think he would have zero issues with scoring in the 80s.

Killakobe81
03-11-2021, 10:43 AM
Facts, Jam. I really enjoy watching him play because he makes it look easy plus he is unselfish. I do think he has a bit of Harden's over dribbling and Bron control issues to his game but he is just so much better than his team he is still learning to balance his dominance offensively...

lefty
03-11-2021, 10:48 AM
I dont compare Bird and Luka because they are both white. Its the vision, smarts fearlessness and the ability ti get to his spots despite not being faster or more explosive than his defenders. Luka is a better athlete, a better vall handler than Larry was. BIRD was a better pure shooter and rebounder tough as nails and didn't flop.
Stylistically in Luka, you see shades of Harden, Pierce Manu and even past his peak Lebron. BUT agree no one player fits but to dismiss any connection to Bird is silly but only using Bird is lazy too. However both were MVP caliber at a very young age that is also similar...
Tbh comparing them is stupid
2 different profiles

Killakobe81
03-11-2021, 09:33 PM
LeBron and magic have two different profiles yet i can see some traces of Magic in James. I never said they had exact profiles in fact, I said Luka was hybrid of a bunch of people...

lefty
03-12-2021, 12:26 AM
Agreed

Spurtacular
03-12-2021, 02:58 AM
tell me an 80's player that made over 400 3's in his first 2.5 seasons.

Game is played different. I think the threes leader the first or second year the 3 was instituted had like 34 threes.

But frankly, pre-severed finger Bird was/is top five bomb shooter of all-time. He eventually got his touch back after four seasons; but his ability to aim ultra consistently would never be the same.

Donkey is a chucker. Dude doesn't even shoot 40 3FG for all the hype.

I give him credit based on today's weak-ass NBA standards; but he's basically a glorified Scot Wedman or Kiki Vandeweghe.

Spurtacular
03-12-2021, 03:00 AM

Than in peak fitness Bird? :lol No.

Spurtacular
03-12-2021, 03:03 AM
For me, Luka not having a problem scoring in the 80s is about his vast skill set to diversify his offense. One of the things that really separates Luka from most great scorers is his ability to do pretty much everything well on offense. Bigger guy on him, he can attack with the dribble and finish at the rim or hit the jumper if the defender plays off of him. Smaller guys, we’ve seen him back them down into the post. Quick defender that’s his size, he has an in between game of floaters, midrange, and fade-aways, as well as the moves, touch, and dexterity to use the glass, reverses, pump fakes, and both hands to finish. Double teams, he’s a very good passer.

Heck, guys like Harden and LeBron don’t even do all those things well. Harden doesn’t have much of a midrange game, and both Harden and LeBron have rarely used a post game over the years. Maybe they can do it, but not nearly as well. Luka has an offensive toolkit as vast and as great as we’ve seen in a while. And he uses them all. And I’ve seen Luka get beat up, hit in the face, fouled hard. Probably fouled hard as much as any other player in recent memory. Has not stopped him from getting up and going right back at the defense. I think he would have zero issues with scoring in the 80s.

Sure. He could've averaged 14 as the second man off the bench like Scottie Wedman. Maybe he has a few career 20 ppg seasons even. But this BS of just dribbling where you want tra la la la was not happening back then. I know someone gonna post some clips about some weak ass defense that says otherwise. But it wasn't a consistent theme like in today's NBA.

Killakobe81
03-12-2021, 03:47 AM
Than in peak fitness Bird? :lol No.

Stop it. Bird was a sneaky good athlete for his. Era but Luka. Can run faster, jump higher and has better handles....
This no knock its a compliment Bird did all of of what Luka does minus the balll handling ...with less natural ability than Luka ...
And I doubt you saw bird in his prime unless you late 30s early 40s

Neo.
03-12-2021, 08:34 AM
derp gonna derp

lefty
03-12-2021, 09:39 AM
Stop it. Bird was a sneaky good athlete for his. Era but Luka. Can run faster, jump higher and has better handles....
This no knock its a compliment Bird did all of of what Luka does minus the balll handling ...with less natural ability than Luka ...

Luka is a better ball handler but Bird is a superior passer

Dirks_Finale
03-12-2021, 01:45 PM
Luka is a better ball handler but Bird is a superior passer

True, Bird the Point Forward :)

Dirks_Finale
03-12-2021, 01:47 PM
LeBron and magic have two different profiles yet i can see some traces of Magic in James. I never said they had exact profiles in fact, I said Luka was hybrid of a bunch of people...

He grew up a Magic fan and seems to have patterned his game after him. He will dish off to bench players with a playoff game on the line :lol

lefty
03-12-2021, 07:57 PM
True, Bird the Point Forward :)
I SEE YOU

lefty
03-12-2021, 07:57 PM
He grew up a Magic fan and seems to have patterned his game after him. He will dish off to bench players with a playoff game on the line :lol

:lol

Spurtacular
03-12-2021, 09:15 PM

Donkey's a fat chub that plays well below the rim, dude. People even make threads based on that. Peak Bird was lean and could leap; and that was late 70's and early 80's. He then got lean again in the late 80's for a brief time before the injuries hit; and he was frankly more athletic at that point too, even.

Killakobe81
03-13-2021, 03:43 AM
Donkey's a fat chub that plays well below the rim, dude. People even make threads based on that. Peak Bird was lean and could leap; and that was late 70's and early 80's. He then got lean again in the late 80's for a brief time before the injuries hit; and he was frankly more athletic at that point too, even.

Bird only seemed to leap when he was grabbing boards and he was a phenomenal rebounder. Luka is not an elite athlete and neither was Bird and to me that is part of both their charm. They still give you that work when they can't out run, out jump you but they beat you with a high level of skill, smarts and an innate feel for the game. The way Luka and Bird can get to their spots whenver they want is better in many ways than bring fast or quick.

But if I was choosing a player of the two...to dunk, run a race play soccer or hit a baseball. I'm choosing LUKA. That is why I said he was better athlete I think he can jump better but I may be wrong but I still think Luka is more athletic overall. Hell bird was an amazing passer and point forward Luka is like Bird mixed with some magic playing PG basically.

Spurtacular
03-13-2021, 04:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX8ipponmSc

Spurtacular
03-13-2021, 04:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rPl8_RTBHA

ambchang
03-13-2021, 07:12 AM
Another player rarely mentioned when comparing doncic was Brandon Roy. Before injuries, Roy was an mvp candidate and had the combination of size, strength, and vision that is unusual in a player. Doncic is clearly the better of the two players but their approach of the game, the varied offensive repertoire, the poise, the vision, the ball handling and the way they can get to their spots despite being less athletic than their defenders are quite similar to me.

Killakobe81
03-13-2021, 12:36 PM
I saw those in a compilation bird 10 best dunks and almost posted those online last night. 2 were impressive, especially for Bird... but stop it Bird healthy, was never a leaper. Bird'supposed 28 inch vertical is mediocre and measured, is less than Luka's reported back by a scout overseas Doncic never validated his with NBA because he skipped combine. That being said verticals without a hoop and a ball mean little, D'Angelo Russell had almost a 40 but doesn't play that way same for Luka ...even if we discount vert ...watching those videos Luka still looks like the better natural athlete to me, you just validated what I already thought andyou cherry picked the two best though the one on Philly was awesome. The rest looked like Jordan or Doc dunking at 45 years old.

Killakobe81
03-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Another player rarely mentioned when comparing doncic was Brandon Roy. Before injuries, Roy was an mvp candidate and had the combination of size, strength, and vision that is unusual in a player. Doncic is clearly the better of the two players but their approach of the game, the varied offensive repertoire, the poise, the vision, the ball handling and the way they can get to their spots despite being less athletic than their defenders are quite similar to me.

Roy is not a bad comp Luka has better pasding and vision but a less reliable jumper at this point.
If we were to rate vision and the ability as passers magic Bron and kidd were the best I ever saw Bird just a notch below that followed Nash CP3 and Luka. I know many feel bird is on same level as the first tier but as I said a while back as good as Bird was magic and kidd and especially Bron made passes I never seen Bird make. BIRD MAY have better anticipation than Bron but Bron can make skip passes in the air on point cross his body that Bird wasn't athletic enough to make. Not sure why people can't get that.
Anyway also don't know why everyone gets so outraged by Luka to Bird comps. who knows its blasphemy to some now but someday maybe Luka will be greater and this shit will be an insult to Doncic. I loved the 80s.I ride for Bird MJ Magic Kareem as the goat at their positions...but ...
Bron passed Bird, it happens. Just like Tim passed Malone Barley McHale.

Neo.
03-13-2021, 01:22 PM
I saw those in a compilation bird 10 best dunks and almost posted those online last night. 2 were impressive, especially for Bird... but stop it Bird healthy, was never a leaper. Bird'supposed 28 inch vertical is mediocre and measured, is less than Luka's reported back by a scout overseas Doncic never validated his with NBA because he skipped combine. That being said verticals without a hoop and a ball mean little, D'Angelo Russell had almost a 40 but doesn't play that way same for Luka ...even if we discount vert ...watching those videos Luka still looks like the better natural athlete to me, you just validated what I already thought andyou cherry picked the two best though the one on Philly was awesome. The rest looked like Jordan or Doc dunking at 45 years old.

yeah agreed, its pretty obvious luka is a much more natural athlete than bird, and is much more athletic than people give him credit for. hes not a jumper and doesn't have blazing speed, but he has some of the best body control ive ever seen in a basketball player, which allows him to react and adjust quicker than most players and maximize his athletic ability. compare that to a guy like leandro barbosa who had absurd speed, but had no ability to control it making him very predictable and defendable, despite having a massive athletic advantage over basically anyone who defended him.

bird had great body control too, but having probably the greatest basketball mind in history is what truly put him over the top, despite being unimpressive athletically (compared to guys like mike, nique, etc...).

ambchang
03-13-2021, 06:47 PM
Roy is not a bad comp Luka has better pasding and vision but a less reliable jumper at this point.
If we were to rate vision and the ability as passers magic Bron and kidd were the best I ever saw Bird just a notch below that followed Nash CP3 and Luka. I know many feel bird is on same level as the first tier but as I said a while back as good as Bird was magic and kidd and especially Bron made passes I never seen Bird make. BIRD MAY have better anticipation than Bron but Bron can make skip passes in the air on point cross his body that Bird wasn't athletic enough to make. Not sure why people can't get that.
Anyway also don't know why everyone gets so outraged by Luka to Bird comps. who knows its blasphemy to some now but someday maybe Luka will be greater and this shit will be an insult to Doncic. I loved the 80s.I ride for Bird MJ Magic Kareem as the goat at their positions...but ...
Bron passed Bird, it happens. Just like Tim passed Malone Barley McHale.

Agreed on most. I’m not sure why people were pissed. Seriously people were comparing Rony Seikaly to Mchale and Clarence weatherspoon to Barkley and it’s fine because there as aspects there that were similar. Nobody said player a is or will be as good as player b.

As for doncic to bird, I don’t see too much similarity as their game is quite different. But absolutely agreed that doncic has the potential to be as good as bird one day. Or even better. It’s a hard target to aim for but doncic has really shown incredible skills already.

The only point to contend, birds vision is as good as any, he does have some physical limitations that won’t allow him to do things Lebron can do but that is true for magic and to a lesser extent kidd as well. There weren’t too many players with the athletic skills of Lebron in the history of the league and he’s the only one of those athletic ability to have that vision.

Spurtacular
03-13-2021, 09:02 PM

Lean Bird leaping/dunking and medium-bodied Bird leaping/dunking are two different things. Thin Bird had some under-rated leaps. Bill Russell claimed top ten in the league; but I think that was the homerism talking. Nonetheless, when the juices were flowing just right, he got up. I think he would've done it more for posterity if he knew something like internet videos would be a thing. It's clear that he had some leaps. Donkey is not all that far behind. I put him in between Bird (high end) and Magic (low end), but closer to Bird.

But that's dunks. It's clear that a thin Bird is much more stealth and flighty than Donkey. And regular Bird is more agile as well.

Spurtacular
03-13-2021, 09:14 PM

That may be a better comarison. Donkey has much better range and shooting touch; but both are streaky with scoring mentalities and can be a centerpiece and a danger card.

I wouldn't be quick to say Donkey was better than Roy. Roy was tethered to knee injuries that hampered him all along and prematurely ended his career.

Spurtacular
03-13-2021, 09:18 PM
Agreed on most. I’m not sure why people were pissed. Seriously people were comparing Rony Seikaly to Mchale and Clarence weatherspoon to Barkley

I wouild compare Ron Sekaly to Greg Kite and Clarence Weatherspoon to a very poor man's Shawn Kemp.

Killakobe81
03-13-2021, 10:12 PM
Lean Bird leaping/dunking and medium-bodied Bird leaping/dunking are two different things. Thin Bird had some under-rated leaps. Bill Russell claimed top ten in the league; but I think that was the homerism talking. Nonetheless, when the juices were flowing just right, he got up. I think he would've done it more for posterity if he knew something like internet videos would be a thing. It's clear that he had some leaps. Donkey is not all that far behind. I put him in between Bird (high end) and Magic (low end), but closer to Bird.

But that's dunks. It's clear that a thin Bird is much more stealth and flighty than Donkey. And regular Bird is more agile as well.

Lol if we only using young slim version ofvplayers then magic was more athletic than Bird too just look at his dunk in the NCAA title game ...didn't get very high but came from further out kinda like some of Luka dunking from further out is actually more impressive to me ...at least athletically. But even if bird was a better leaper than Luka or Magic ...they still are better athletes by the eye test.

Killakobe81
03-13-2021, 10:21 PM
BTW I live in DFW watch Luka more than anyone here who is isn't a Mavs fan ...and Carlisle makes or has made the comparison plenty of times. Usually vision, killer instinct, IQ and feel is what he mentions. And he played with Bird and coached Dirk. Yes he mentioned Dirk in some ways too but I have been here since before RC came, I listen to his radio show he didn't compare Dirk to Bird the same way he does with Luka because only the shooting was even close or similar. Luka has a lot more Bird with some Manu and especially Harden mixed in.

Neo.
03-14-2021, 03:32 AM

im curious what makes you think you are so educated on Luka, when you claim that you hadn't watched a single minute of basketball this season until around a week or so ago watching the end of a spurs game?

Spurtacular
03-14-2021, 03:37 AM
im curious what makes you think you are so educated on Luka, when you claim that you hadn't watched a single minute of basketball this season until around a week or so ago watching the end of a spurs game?

Do you really need this answer spoon fed to you, fanboy slob?

Spurtacular
03-14-2021, 03:39 AM
BTW I live in DFW watch Luka more than anyone here who is isn't a Mavs fan ...and Carlisle makes or has made the comparison plenty of times. Usually vision, killer instinct, IQ and feel is what he mentions. And he played with Bird and coached Dirk. Yes he mentioned Dirk in some ways but I have been here since before RC listen to his radio show ge didn't compare Dirk ti Bird the same way he does with Luka because only the shooting was even close or similar Luka has a lot more Bird with some Manu and especially Harden mixed in.

He has the tools to lead a team far in today's NBA, tbh.

Neo.
03-14-2021, 10:10 AM
Do you really need this answer spoon fed to you, fanboy slob?

so either you're a liar, or dont know crap about what youre talking about

got it, derp :tu

Spurtacular
03-14-2021, 10:16 AM
so either you're a liar, or dont know crap about what youre talking about

got it, derp :tu

You do this sh**, Slob. You try so hard for fake wins. And you even spike the football like a total dumb ass.

If you hadn't watched Donkey play this season after watching him the other couple hundred times would you consider yourself in the dark?

Neo.
03-14-2021, 12:23 PM
You do this sh**, Slob. You try so hard for fake wins. And you even spike the football like a total dumb ass.

If you hadn't watched Donkey play this season after watching him the other couple hundred times would you consider yourself in the dark?

lol thinking im mono

so how much basketball have you actually watched this season?

Spurtacular
03-14-2021, 08:39 PM
lol thinking im mono

so how much basketball have you actually watched this season?

I am quite familiar with Donkey's game. Any other relevant questions?

Neo.
03-15-2021, 10:07 AM
I am quite familiar with Donkey's game. Any other relevant questions?

so how much of him have you watched this season?

Spurtacular
03-15-2021, 11:05 PM
so how much of him have you watched this season?

Sorry, I shouldn't have said "other" relevant questions as if you had asked one.

Neo.
03-16-2021, 12:35 AM
Sorry, I shouldn't have said "other" relevant questions as if you had asked one.

derp folds :lol

Spurtacular
03-16-2021, 02:41 AM

Come on, Slob; tell us why it matters if anyone has seen Donkey play this season.

Neo.
03-16-2021, 09:58 AM
Come on, Slob; tell us why it matters if anyone has seen Donkey play this season.

how could it not matter, when you make claims that you know exactly how he looks, but also claim that you havent seen watched any basketball this season except for a few minutes of spurs/nets?

Spurtacular
03-16-2021, 11:36 PM
how could it not matter, when you make claims that you know exactly how he looks, but also claim that you havent seen watched any basketball this season except for a few minutes of spurs/nets?

What's the difference between this season and the last?

Neo.
03-17-2021, 01:46 AM
What's the difference between this season and the last?

perhaps you should watch, then you might know

Spurtacular
03-17-2021, 04:30 AM
perhaps you should watch, then you might know

You don't have a decent answer, do you?

Neo.
03-17-2021, 05:40 AM
You don't have a decent answer, do you?

if you haven't watched, then you wouldn't know jack

Spurtacular
03-17-2021, 11:26 AM
if you haven't watched, then you wouldn't know jack

What's the difference between this season and last season. If you can't say, then you don't have a point.

Neo.
03-17-2021, 01:21 PM
What's the difference between this season and last season. If you can't say, then you don't have a point.

yes there absolutely is a difference in luka between this year and last, anyone who watches him regularly can see it

but you wouldn't know, since you haven't watched, right?

Spurtacular
03-17-2021, 08:18 PM
yes there absolutely is a difference in luka between this year and last, anyone who watches him regularly can see it

but you wouldn't know, since you haven't watched, right?

Tell us the difference, or you don't have a point.

Neo.
03-17-2021, 09:18 PM
Tell us the difference, or you don't have a point.

the point is clear

a) either you have seen him to knowledgeably say he is the exact same player from a year ago, proving you a liar when you say you haven't watched NBA basketball all year except for the end of a spurs/nets game.

or

b) you haven't watched jack and are just making stuff up

so which is it, derp?

Spurtacular
03-17-2021, 09:34 PM
the point is clear

a) either you have seen him to knowledgeably say he is the exact same player from a year ago, proving you a liar when you say you haven't watched NBA basketball all year except for the end of a spurs/nets game.

or

b) you haven't watched jack and are just making stuff up

so which is it, derp?

I'm calling you on your bull shit. You don't have any reason for how Donkey is so much better this season.

Neo.
03-17-2021, 10:14 PM
I'm calling you on your bull shit. You don't have any reason for how Donkey is so much better this season.

lukas shot is improved, his use of midrange game is improved, he has been more patient in high pressure situations, taking smarter shots, using his body more often to create space instead of relying so much on his first step and handles, and is simply more experienced.

Spurtacular
03-17-2021, 10:16 PM

lukas shot is improved, his use of midrange game is improved, he has been more patient in high pressure situations, taking smarter shots, using his body more often to create space instead of relying so much on his first step and handles, and is simply more experienced.

Absolutely none of that is reflected in the stats. You were just trying to get a cheap W.

MultiTroll
03-17-2021, 11:20 PM
Luca dropping 42 and Mavs are above .500 again after the suck ass 2nd half of January.

Neo.
03-18-2021, 01:04 AM
Absolutely none of that is reflected in the stats. You were just trying to get a cheap W.

so you haven't watched him?

it's option B then, and you admit to not knowing what your talking about

typical derp :rollin

Killakobe81
03-18-2021, 01:25 AM
Luca dropping 42 and Mavs are above .500 again after the suck ass 2nd half of January.

My nicca. ill concede Bird faced more physical punishment due to the rules of that era.
But Luka drops 42 and 9 and makes it look easy vs George who would possibly a top 3 wing defender and at least a top 5 athlete if he played in Bird's mvp years. My boy Luka is the real deal. RC was a rotation player in 85 if he played in Luka era he would be gleague...at best.

Spurtacular
03-18-2021, 09:07 AM
so you haven't watched him?

it's option B then, and you admit to not knowing what your talking about

typical derp :rollin

I watched him. He was not significantly better overall than last season at all. You're fanboying it up.

His shot has improved and he is taking smarter shots and his FG percent is up a whole point. :lolK

Also :lol at "handles". This has to be the biggest fanboy narrative I've seen on here. He's relying on a wide body and the refs calling contact. He's not (Pistons) Isiah Thomas out there.

Neo.
03-18-2021, 09:25 AM
I watched him. He was not significantly better overall than last season at all. You're fanboying it up.

oh so you lied then? :lmao what a loser

His shot has improved and he is taking smarter shots and his FG percent is up a whole point. :lolK

after several weeks of playing 1-on-5 due to ridiculous injuries, and a cold slump to start the season, hes been nothing short of magnificent. but if you actually watched, you would know that. so I'm thinking you're lying about lying. :rollin

Also :lol at "handles". This has to be the biggest fanboy narrative I've seen on here. He's relying on a wide body and the refs calling contact. He's not (Pistons) Isiah Thomas out there.

no one said he was. just that his first couple of years, he tried too much to rely on some of his ball handling tricks to create space, which works against crummy defenders and the weaker competition in europe, but it simply didn't work against most of the elite athletes in the NBA, and there were many occasions where he got bottled up trying it. he's been trying that a lot less, and utilizing his body far more, which was my point if you actually read my post, derp

Spurtacular
03-18-2021, 09:27 AM
oh so you lied then? :lmao what a loser

If you laugh like a hyena and then turn out to be wrong, you make yourself look like a noob. You do realize that, right?

Spurtacular
03-18-2021, 09:29 AM
after several weeks of playing 1-on-5 due to ridiculous injuries, and a cold slump to start the season, hes been nothing short of magnificent. but if you actually watched, you would know that. so I'm thinking you're lying about lying. :rollin

So, it's his teammates fault he's a ball hog? :lolK

Mavericks are a mediocre team; much more so than last season in terms of results. That's not the product of an MVP candidate really upping his game, slob.

Spurtacular
03-18-2021, 09:31 AM
no one said he was. just that his first couple of years, he tried too much to rely on some of his ball handling tricks to create space, which works against crummy defenders and the weaker competition in europe, but it simply didn't work against most of the elite athletes in the NBA, and there were many occasions where he got bottled up trying it. he's been trying that a lot less, and utilizing his body far more, which was my point if you actually read my post, derp

4.3 turnovers a game. Same as last season.

Neo.
03-18-2021, 10:02 AM
So, it's his teammates fault he's a ball hog? :lolK

lol what are you even talking about

Mavericks are a mediocre team; much more so than last season in terms of results. That's not the product of an MVP candidate really upping his game, slob.

since their rash of injuries and covid, they've had one of the best records in the NBA

4.3 turnovers a game. Same as last season.

so?

if you actually did your research, you would see he has a greater amount of usage, while averaging more assists as well. therefore his A-to-TO ratio is better, and in general is turning it over less frequently. nice job, derp :lol

Spurtacular
03-18-2021, 10:51 AM
if you actually did your research, you would see he has a greater amount of usage, while averaging more assists as well. therefore his A-to-TO ratio is better, and in general is turning it over less frequently. nice job, derp :lol

If your usage goes up, then assist should go up. But his assists aren't up like you claim anyhow.

Neo.
03-18-2021, 06:10 PM
If your usage goes up, then assist should go up. But his assists aren't up like you claim anyhow.

are you retarded?

he averaged 8.8 last year, and is at 9.3 so far this year

and his assist % is up too, and is highest in the NBA

Spurtacular
03-18-2021, 09:36 PM
are you retarded?

he averaged 8.8 last year, and is at 9.3 so far this year

and his assist % is up too, and is highest in the NBA

The difference is very marginal when accounting for the 2.2 mpg extra.

And that marginal assist percentage bump is nothing when accounting for a higher usage rate.

Stop doing advanced stats. They aren't what you want them to mean, fanboy slob.

Neo.
03-19-2021, 12:26 AM
The difference is very marginal when accounting for the 2.2 mpg extra.

still more. you were wrong. sorry derp.

Stop doing advanced stats. They aren't what you want them to mean, fanboy slob.

funny you said this when you had just said this

And that marginal assist percentage bump is nothing when accounting for a higher usage rate.

usage rate is an advanced stat

:lmao derp

Spurtacular
03-19-2021, 01:55 AM

Of course it is, dip shit.

Usg% - Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV))

Texas_Ranger
03-20-2021, 10:39 AM
Luka averaging more than 9 asssits per game is a miracle. Dallas should have every single one of his scrub teammates on a trade list they way they are playing.

Neo.
03-20-2021, 10:40 AM
Of course it is, dip shit.

stop doing advanced stats. they aren't what you want them to mean, derp

Spurtacular
03-20-2021, 12:15 PM
stop doing advanced stats. they aren't what you want them to mean, derp

You got caught not knowing what an advanced stat is.

/Slob

Neo.
03-20-2021, 01:38 PM
You got caught not knowing what an advanced stat is.

/Slob

what are you talking about? do you even read what you post?

Spurtacular
03-20-2021, 01:59 PM
This isn't hard stuff. You shat the bed.

/Slob

Neo.
03-20-2021, 05:59 PM
This isn't hard stuff. You shat the bed.

/Slob

you said to avoid using advanced stats

then you proceeded to use an advanced stat

idk if you're thinking too hard, or not thinking enough.

either way, you're derp

Spurtacular
03-20-2021, 07:23 PM
you said to avoid using advanced stats

then you proceeded to use an advanced stat

idk if you're thinking too hard, or not thinking enough.

either way, you're derp

You really can't keep up.

You said usage % is not an advanced stat.

It is.

/Slob

Stop wasting my time.

Neo.
03-20-2021, 08:06 PM
You really can't keep up.

You said usage % is not an advanced stat.

oh really?

still more. you were wrong. sorry derp.

funny you said this when you had just said this

:lmao derp

looks like I pretty clearly said it was

/derp

stop wasting my time

Spurtacular
03-21-2021, 01:37 PM
You can have it, Slob. You haven't made an important point either way.

Neo.
03-21-2021, 10:02 PM
You can have it, Slob. You haven't made an important point either way.

derp says stupid crap, gets exploited and folds, per the norm

lol thinking im mono

Jules_Winnfield
04-03-2021, 11:46 AM

https://streamable.com/z3gabn

Spurtacular
04-03-2021, 05:24 PM
https://streamable.com/z3gabn

He wouldn't be doing all that sh** if players were allowed to body him up.
Due to that, he can use his body mass to comfortably keep defenders off the ball.
Otherwise, he'd be stopped and ripped so much more.

Neo.
04-03-2021, 11:18 PM
He wouldn't be doing all that sh** if players were allowed to body him up.
Due to that, he can use his body mass to comfortably keep defenders off the ball.
Otherwise, he'd be stopped and ripped so much more.
larry used body mass to comfortably keep defenders off the ball

Spurtacular
04-04-2021, 02:27 AM
Not enough leaps / strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYEPiH-5p5A&ab_channel=DUNKFESTNBA

Neo.
04-04-2021, 12:23 PM
Not enough leaps / strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYEPiH-5p5A&ab_channel=DUNKFESTNBA

so basically youre just talking out your crapper as usual, derp

Texas_Ranger
04-04-2021, 03:39 PM
its pretty sad that a soft, non athletic guy that can barely jump is shitting on all these american athletes. Same goes for Jokic.

Rummpd
04-04-2021, 08:59 PM
its pretty sad that a soft, non athletic guy that can barely jump is shitting on all these american athletes. Same goes for Jokic.

Called skill.

lefty
04-05-2021, 07:52 AM
Called skill.

and basketball IQ

JamStone
04-15-2021, 09:12 AM
Well hello dere

Killakobe81
04-15-2021, 06:22 PM
Well hello dere

Last night was his most Bird like moment /shot yet, but doubters here still see little comparison between the two just because Luka has better all around ball skills but can't shoot like Larry Legend. BTW the soccer moves in to the trick shot the other day is EXACTLY what I been saying about Doncic. Vertical and sprints not only way to measure athleticism.Luka has great body control and innate feel for the game.

lefty
04-15-2021, 08:41 PM
:cry Real Madrid legend

ambchang
04-15-2021, 09:13 PM
Last night was his most Bird like moment /shot yet, but doubters here still see little comparison between the two just because Luka has better all around ball skills but can't shoot like Larry Legend. BTW the soccer moves in to the trick shot the other day is EXACTLY what I been saying about Doncic. Vertical and sprints not only way to measure athleticism.Luka has great body control and innate feel for the game.

He’s not like bird because he really doesn’t play like him. Other than both being doughy white guys who are basketball geniuses they aren’t similar in any way. Bird has better vision, doncic is way more athletic. Bird is a better shooter and works the low post better where doncic is better on the dribble drive. Just totally different games.

lefty
04-15-2021, 10:17 PM
He’s not like bird because he really doesn’t play like him. Other than both being doughy white guys who are basketball geniuses they aren’t similar in any way. Bird has better vision, doncic is way more athletic. Bird is a better shooter and works the low post better where doncic is better on the dribble drive. Just totally different games.

Mark Celibate
04-16-2021, 12:09 AM
From what I've gathered, there are two types of Luka/honky fans on the board:
A.) suicidal Doncic critics ("bust...Marcelo Huertas 2.0 here we come ")
B.) blind Doncic homers ("Doncic >>>> Bird...")

Whatever happened to the moderates, the Brent Barry's if you will?

Surpassing the great Larry Bird, you will note, is not really a birth right for Doncic even if he did win 2.5 Euroleage championships in the not so distant past.

A similar principal applies when predicting Nokic games; I won't take a win against Embiid for granted next year because he had a good run back in the '90's.

This Doncic, in 2021, is a very respectable third best honky in the mighty Western Conference...

Killakobe81
04-16-2021, 02:00 AM

Never said he was a duplicate or their games were just alike. I see some similarities in feel, team impact and just a joy to watch play with how they think the game. Also if you hear players especially black players marvel at how despite being quick they can't keep either guy off their sweet spots ... I see those common threads. If you do not, that's fine I do. So do guys like Rick Carlisle who knows hoops better than either of us.

Spurtacular
04-16-2021, 06:33 AM
From what I've gathered, there are two types of Luka/honky fans on the board:
A.) suicidal Doncic critics ("bust...Marcelo Huertas 2.0 here we come ")
B.) blind Doncic homers ("Doncic >>>> Bird...")

Whatever happened to the moderates, the Brent Barry's if you will?

Surpassing the great Larry Bird, you will note, is not really a birth right for Doncic even if he did win 2.5 Euroleage championships in the not so distant past.

A similar principal applies when predicting Nokic games; I won't take a win against Embiid for granted next year because he had a good run back in the '90's.

This Doncic, in 2021, is a very respectable third best honky in the mighty Western Conference...

I've never been a let's add up the trophies kind of guys. You can just tell by watching them play. Bird was very good to great in just about every aspect of the game.
Donkey is a good player; and more power to him if he's able to accumulate some rings; but that's not going to move the needle for me.

ambchang
04-16-2021, 06:36 AM
Never said he was a duplicate or their games were just alike. I see some similarities in feel, team impact and just a joy to watch play with how they think the game. Also if you hear players especially black players marvel at how despite being quick they can't keep either guy off their sweet spots ... I see those common threads. If you do not, that's fine I do. So do guys like Rick Carlisle who knows hoops better than either of us.

Ok if you are talking about general feel I can’t argue but I always think it was because of their physical appearances that drew comparisons. Agreed that they get to their spots (differently) and just have positive impacts to their teams. They just know when to shoot dribble and pass. And does it at the perfect times.

My biggest issue is that if either of those players were black nobody would be comparing them.

lefty
04-16-2021, 07:38 AM
Jokic is the one who reminds of Bird, at least in the passing department and those off balance jump shiots