PDA

View Full Version : Baron wants to be traded. LA on the list.

2Cleva
09-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Davis stirs up Hornets' nest
By Roscoe Nance, USA TODAY

Baron Davis and his agent are demanding that the New Orleans Hornets trade the two-time All-Star guard to improve Davis' chances to win an NBA title.

The Hornets have reached the playoffs seven of the last eight seasons while competing in the Eastern Conference. The team moves to the Western Conference this season after the expansion Charlotte Bobcats displaced them in the East. The Hornets will compete in the new Southwest Division, which also includes San Antonio, Houston, Dallas and Memphis and is regarded as the most competitive division in the NBA.

"After talking with Baron and evaluating what the Hornets organization has been doing this offseason, I'm concerned with Baron's current status and his future with the team," Todd Ramasar, Davis' agent, told USA TODAY. "Baron was really disappointed with them losing the first round of the playoffs. I want to put him in the position where he can contend for a title or at least be in a position where he can reach the NBA Finals."

Davis, 25, is in the second year of a six-year, $85 million contract and the Hornets said that while there are some issues that need to be addressed, they will not trade him.

"We've got to straighten out some things," Hornets general manager Allan Bristow said but would not go into any details. "He's our franchise player. There's no possibility we'll trade him. We have no intention of even inquiring about trading Baron."

Davis didn't name a specific team he would like to play for but Ramasar said that his client would be a good fit with teams such as New York, Phoenix, the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami.

"I trust my agent," Davis said. "He has my best interests at heart. I'm just focused to play well in the NBA."

Ramasar said he and Davis had hoped the Hornets would add a veteran to help Davis carry the scoring load. Davis averaged a career-high 22.9 points per game last season but to get it he averaged 40 minutes a game, eighth in the league.

"I think it's too much pressure that the Hornets are putting on Baron as an All-Star to carry that team," Ramasar said.

Davis met with Hornets officials following their first-round loss to Miami in May and told them that he believed they needed to upgrade the roster. The Hornets' only moves have been to sign forwards Rodney Rogers and Chris Andersen and guard Alex Garcia. They also drafted high school star J.R. Smith.

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/hornets/2004-09-02-davis-demand_x.htm)

2Cleva
09-02-2004, 10:51 PM
NY and Phx can't/won't trade their PGs. Miami isn't giving up Wade either. That leaves LA.

Butler, Atkins, DG, and a draft pick (Miami's from next year) would do the job after Oct 5th.

KoriEllis
09-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Why does every player think they can demand a trade now?

:wtf

I understand a player like Shaq demanding a trade in his situation. But now every Tom, Dick and Harry is doing it. :wtf

Until Baron can stay healthy, he shouldn't be demanding anything.

timvp
09-02-2004, 10:52 PM
If you take on that contract for a guy with back problems who can't make it to the playoffs without breaking down, you better have a good Plan B.

ChumpDumper
09-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Butler, Atkins, DG, and a draft pick (Miami's from next year) would do the job after Oct 5th.Why the hell would NOLA take that bag of crap?

2Cleva
09-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Potential star at the 3 in Butler. Atkins and George just to match salaries. LA may have include Rush.

Totally pipe but I'm smoking it right now.

adidas11
09-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Can't see it happening.

iminlakerland
09-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Look I love Baron Davis (ucla). But like i said earlier this demanding trade crap is getting ridiculous and out of hand. It is seriously getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of control.

The NBA needs to take care of this issue. Players are sabotaging teams. And shitting on their fans. FIX THIS SITUATION NOW!

LakerLanny1
09-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Why does every player think they can demand a trade now?

At least Baron waited 12 months after getting a max contract before betraying the organization that gave it to him.

By today's NBA standards, he is a holy saint for just doing that.

And why does Snaq get a free pass? He was under contract, he is just an ego maniac and couldn't handle Kobe getting $120 million.

ducks
09-03-2004, 12:17 AM
he must like the east

hornets can not stay healthy if they were healthy they could make noise

grjr
09-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I think Baron took a gander at the division he's in now. They won't be sniffing the playoffs for a loong time.

jr

IcemanCometh
09-03-2004, 02:03 AM
i think he took a gander at his shit franchise with its shit owner and realized they will be moving to a new city yet again pretty soon.

grjr
09-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Are there any hornets in Las Vegas?

jr

Das Texan
09-03-2004, 04:32 AM
shaq is one of hte top 5 players in the league and kobe is a dick.

baron is far from that.

i dont get the mentality of stars this summer.

mattyc2422
09-03-2004, 11:31 AM
I dread the day a Spur requests a trade.:cuss

tlongII
09-03-2004, 11:37 AM
The Blazers will get Baron Davis as we can offer the best package.

T Park Num 9
09-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Too bad Tlong that he doesnt want to go to the Blazers.