PDA

View Full Version : The main culprit for this is still Load Management NOT Morris

SpurPadre
11-20-2019, 11:52 PM
We can blame PATFO all we want and within reason but ultimately that self-centered, narcissist, piece of shit, horrible excuse for a human being (along with his punk ass Uncle) set this franchise back just like that in a prolonging effect that they're left still trying to pick up the pieces. He caused the franchise so much damage that had a massive domino effect and it simply will take a long time to recover from it. No other coach in his position would've handled that any better last year. Of course, Pop needs to get over that and move on. It's one thing for us to still be pissed about what happened. But Pop needs to get better for now, cut his losses and do better with the hand LM dealt him. That means trusting your youth, building them up, not overrelying on Mills, Marco and Forbes (yes, he's young too but he has no business starting). It means getting on DeRozan for his abnormal refusal to take threes or getting on LMA for taking a fadeaway 18 footer when a 5'10 player is on him. And if those so-called veteran leaders have a problem with that, then bench or trade their asses. We could go on. Nevertheless, this whole debacle would not have been possible without LM's actions. That's the unmistakable truth. Fuck Kawhi for life, tbh.

slick'81
11-20-2019, 11:57 PM
No doubt kawhi fcked us and now that hes in the west will probably continue to fck us for years.However like you said we need to move on and hope that horrendous trade the spurs made can be forgotten about as well

Amuseddaysleeper
11-21-2019, 12:05 AM
The pieces surrounding Kawhi were not his fault. His supporting cast is just brutal. Resigning Mills and Gasol was beyond dumb.

SpurPadre
11-21-2019, 12:14 AM
The pieces surrounding Kawhi were not his fault. His supporting cast is just brutal. Resigning Mills and Gasol was beyond dumb.

We went to the WCF with those pieces surrounding him and would likely have won the title if not for Zaza Pachulia.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-21-2019, 12:20 AM
Trading him for a career loser like derozan was unacceptable. Spurstalk literally would've gotten a better deal for him.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-21-2019, 12:30 AM
We went to the WCF with those pieces surrounding him and would likely have won the title if not for Zaza Pachulia.

No, we would’ve lost to the warriors. We blew a 25 point lead in just 12 minutes once Kawhi went down.

We annihilated okc in game 1 the year before only to get back foot swept. Game 1 means nothing.

Phenomanul
11-21-2019, 04:37 PM
No, we would’ve lost to the warriors. We blew a 25 point lead in just 12 minutes once Kawhi went down.

We annihilated okc in game 1 the year before only to get back foot swept. Game 1 means nothing.

The officiating shenanigans in Game 5 GAVE OKC that series.

cd98
11-21-2019, 04:42 PM
I hate how Load Management left, but do you blame him? Wouldn't you rather have Paul George, Lue Williams, and Patrick Beverly over Murray, LMA, and ???? He's in an environment where he has a chance to win. If he were in SA, he'd load manage his way to a 6th seed and never win another title.

Spur4ever
11-21-2019, 04:42 PM
If I remember right. That year we dominated the warriors in all the regular season games as well as game 1 until the injury. I might be possible that the spurs were just a match up nightmare for them

spurs10
11-21-2019, 04:45 PM
Morris was an attempt to recover from that backstabbing prick. We are currently in need of someone that can do what Morris was supposed to provide. I wonder if Carroll isn't our best shot at that?

Genovaswitness
11-21-2019, 04:59 PM
it’s all on PATFO

K...
11-21-2019, 05:14 PM
This is the year that kawhi could walk away for nothing, and I think he would do so even if the spurs offered the big max. Maybe we trade him after last deadline but are you certain a mopey kawhi rental would get a better package then what we got the year prior?

So no, the team isn't even badly constructed if! some of the good guards would shoot or be smarter. But white is now gimpy , derozan is playing decent but uninspiring, and Lonnie and Murray are still both too raw for what they need to be

r0drig0lac
11-21-2019, 05:35 PM
No, it's 100% PATFO's fault, they always had options and most of the time made the wrong decision, patience, but it's the truth.

Thomas82
11-21-2019, 05:46 PM
The officiating shenanigans in Game 5 GAVE OKC that series.

The same thing at the end of Game 2, tbh.

JeffDuncan
11-21-2019, 06:27 PM
No, it's 100% PATFO's fault, they always had options and most of the time made the wrong decision, patience, but it's the truth.

That is correct. The only thing Leonard did was take himself away. He did nothing else. Everything else is the responsibility of PATFO.

baseline bum
11-21-2019, 06:31 PM
It means getting on DeRozan for his abnormal refusal to take threes

I wonder if Pop's telling him not to shoot threes for fear of trying to make him be a player he isn't. Remember when he blamed himself for trying to the The Beautiful Game with Aldridge after he struggled with it his first year here? Could be the same shit with DeRozan.

baseline bum
11-21-2019, 06:34 PM
I hate how Load Management left, but do you blame him? Wouldn't you rather have Paul George, Lue Williams, and Patrick Beverly over Murray, LMA, and ???? He's in an environment where he has a chance to win. If he were in SA, he'd load manage his way to a 6th seed and never win another title.

Yes, I blame him for sitting out the season and forcing a trade while under contract.

lmbebo
11-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Yes, I blame him for sitting out the season and forcing a trade while under contract.

Yep.... not a surprise. He fucked everything up. Spurs were building around him...

SpurPadre
11-21-2019, 07:21 PM
I wonder if Pop's telling him not to shoot threes for fear of trying to make him be a player he isn't. Remember when he blamed himself for trying to the The Beautiful Game with Aldridge after he struggled with it his first year here? Could be the same shit with DeRozan.

Yeah, that sounds about right but I don't agree with that philosophy, not to this extent. 81 field goal attempts in his last five games without a three point attempt is insane for any player today, let alone a guard.

Poolboy5623
11-21-2019, 07:27 PM
The guy wanted to play in LA. Sucks how it went down but I'm not surprised he wanted out of SA.

Poolboy5623
11-21-2019, 07:28 PM
Yep.... not a surprise. He fucked everything up. Spurs were building around him...

Lol! They were building around him with what??

lmbebo
11-21-2019, 07:31 PM
Lol! They were building around him with what??

with what is up to debate, but he was the center piece ...

Poolboy5623
11-21-2019, 07:34 PM
with what is up to debate, but he was the center piece ...

The "what" is the important factor here. Imagine being Kawhi and watching them build around him as the centerpiece, as they were. I'd want out too.

james evans
11-21-2019, 07:38 PM
No we also had Dedmond and Simmons. Who aren’t great players but still offered more in defense and offense than gasol.

rasuo214
11-21-2019, 08:09 PM
Kawhi would have gone to LA this past off-season anyways. It's all on PATFO for not rebuilding the second Kawhi demanded to be traded. LMA was at his peak value and the Spurs wouldn't have gotten stuck with Derozan. All they did was delay the inevitable and ruin any potential return they could get for those guys now.

RC_Drunkford
11-22-2019, 07:51 AM

SayTown
11-22-2019, 08:15 AM
No one will ever know all the offers PATFO had on the table but you have to think they could of gotten better than DeRozan and they should have been the one dealing picks instead of getting them since they don't play rookies or even second year players.