PDA

View Full Version : Demar at 6th Man

John B
11-21-2019, 03:07 AM
The problem with starting Murray and White together is not having a facilitator in the 2nd unit. Make Demar play the Manu role and the primary ball handler in the 2nd unit. Have him feast against the 2nd teams. Does Pop have the balls?

Murray/Demar/Mills
White/Forbes
Caroll/Lonnie/Beli
Lyles/Gay/Metu
Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

Make the starting lineup the best defensive stand. All can shoot outside and create spacing for Aldridge. Aldridge has a problem playing alongside a ball dominant Demar. This should give Aldridge more touches, not taking away from Demar. Forbes is not forced to guard the starting guard/SF. Avoids the Forbes/Beli/Mills combo. Come on Pop. You got balls to make Demar 6th man?

playblair
11-21-2019, 03:24 AM
trading the best player in the league for a 6th man thanks front office

tbdog
11-21-2019, 05:04 AM
DD is our best player. And sadly it is not even close how far a better he is than anyone in the team. He is like the only one with the talent and will to try and get something done. LMA doesn't seem to care. Murray doesn't have the skill. Forbes and Mills have the will but not the skill. Gay has a quarter at a time of skill and will. If you are going to gut your team of any chance of winning, nuke their best trade asset, then send DD to the bench.

MoSpur02
11-21-2019, 05:17 AM
The problem with starting Murray and White together is not having a facilitator in the 2nd unit. Make Demar play the Manu role and the primary ball handler in the 2nd unit. Have him feast against the 2nd teams. Does Pop have the balls?

Murray/Demar/Mills
White/Forbes
Caroll/Lonnie/Beli
Lyles/Gay/Metu
Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

Make the starting lineup the best defensive stand. All can shoot outside and create spacing for Aldridge. Aldridge has a problem playing alongside a ball dominant Demar. This should give Aldridge more touches, not taking away from Demar. Forbes is not forced to guard the starting guard/SF. Avoids the Forbes/Beli/Mills combo. Come on Pop. You got balls to make Demar 6th man?

Been saying this for a minute now. If (key word) the Spurs aren't going to trade Derozan or Aldridge then Derozan needs to go to the 2nd unit. Him and Aldridge aren't a good fit together on the floor. Bring White into the starting lineup as your SG and remove Forbes by sending him to the bench too (rather trade him). Bring Carroll into the starting lineup as your SF and have Aldridge as your starting center, Lyles as your starting PF, and Murray as your starting PG.

Second unit would consist of Jakob, Gay, Derozan, Walker/Forbes, and Mills.

I'd rather the Spurs trade Aldridge since he has shown nothing this season besides those 39 points, but his value sucks right now so either trade Derozan since his value should be high right now or move him into the Manu 6th man role.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
11-21-2019, 07:40 AM
I’ve been advocating the same things. I think they should trade Demar immediately while the market is dry and his value is, uh, high. But I don’t expect the FO to pull that off. Since Presti has been gone the FO has struggled with the idea of a trade. So unless you want Demar to pick up his option, hell yes put him on the second unit.

Raven
11-21-2019, 07:41 AM
it seems a no brainer to have demar as the 6th man. Frankly, it was always a no brainer.

duncan2k5
11-21-2019, 07:59 AM
He needs to be traded... He is an emotional loser

superbigtime
11-21-2019, 04:32 PM
No matter how you switch the garbage around, it is still garbage.

itzsoweezee
11-21-2019, 04:34 PM
If he's not traded, 6th man is the only viable role for DDR on this team. I knew this lineup wouldn't work even before this season. I don't think popovich has the balls to do what needs to be done.

cd98
11-21-2019, 04:38 PM
I don't think Murray is a Manu type. I don't think he is a playmaker. I think White has skills closer to Manu than Murray. I'm just not convinced that Murray is that good. I mean, he's an NBA player, but this idea that he was a superstar or even an all-star seems very misplaced to me. From what I see, he is a good rebounder, good defender, average ball handler for someone at his size, a terrible passer, and a terrible shooter, and a below average finisher at the rim, but has at least gotten better at finishing layups.

I hope he makes a leap. The Spurs need to hit on at least one of these young players. But I think he's looking and playing like a late first round pick, which means roster spot, but definitely not a superstar or all star.

John B
11-21-2019, 09:57 PM
I don't think Murray is a Manu type. I don't think he is a playmaker. I think White has skills closer to Manu than Murray. I'm just not convinced that Murray is that good. I mean, he's an NBA player, but this idea that he was a superstar or even an all-star seems very misplaced to me. From what I see, he is a good rebounder, good defender, average ball handler for someone at his size, a terrible passer, and a terrible shooter, and a below average finisher at the rim, but has at least gotten better at finishing layups.

I hope he makes a leap. The Spurs need to hit on at least one of these young players. But I think he's looking and playing like a late first round pick, which means roster spot, but definitely not a superstar or all star.
Murray has the skills and drive. They just need to be tightened. The game needs to slow down on him. I think he’ll be fine.

ZeusWillJudge
11-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Forget salary matching for a minute. Would you trade DDR straight up for Lou Williams? I sure as hell would. He's been a 6th man his whole career.

slick'81
11-21-2019, 10:27 PM
Forget salary matching for a minute. Would you trade DDR straight up for Lou Williams? I sure as hell would. He's been a 6th man his whole career.

Same points and more assists and a helluva lot cheaper ,obviously id say go for

tholdren
11-21-2019, 10:41 PM
Murray has the skills and drive. They just need to be tightened. The game needs to slow down on him. I think he’ll be fine.
Murray has the potential to be a good scorer. He's too dumb to be a good playmaker against legitimate opponents

ZeusWillJudge
11-21-2019, 10:46 PM
Same points and more assists and a helluva lot cheaper ,obviously id say go for

Yep. Even though he's a 6th man, he would make the team better. If using DDR as a 6th man would make the team better, why not?

Well, other than DeRozan's ego. I'm not sure he could take it if Pop started bringing him off the bench.

sasaint
11-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Yep. Even though he's a 6th man, he would make the team better. If using DDR as a 6th man would make the team better, why not?

Well, other than DeRozan's ego. I'm not sure he could take it if Pop started bringing him off the bench.

The Spurs are about the only team that would have a chance at convincing Dumbmar to be a sixth man. Spurs with the mantle of Manu and the Celtics with the legacy of Havlicek have impressive sixth man traditions they might sell Dumbmar on.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-21-2019, 11:05 PM
bad idea

SpurPadre
11-21-2019, 11:42 PM
81 field goal attempts in his last 5 games and ZERO of those attempts were from 3. This dude is playing in the wrong era.

John B
11-22-2019, 12:02 AM
81 field goal attempts in his last 5 games and ZERO of those attempts were from 3. This dude is playing in the wrong era.
I think Demar is a great scorer but he doesn’t space Aldridge, unlike Caroll who can shoot 3 and play better defense. Demar playing the Manu-role frees White to play with the starting in place of Forbes. Better spacing, better defense.