PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll want to trade DeRozen? LA is your issue!

paperboy77
11-22-2019, 10:44 PM
Quit blaming DeMar!

I'm goin with the eye test.... LA has checked... out. Zero heart and he knows it. The guy still has game and everybody knows it. He "could" decide to go beastmode in the paint... which is a mindset 100%. The guy just checked out.

DeRozen is actually balling within his capabilities. Why do we blame the guy if he's playing like he has his entire career? I actually think the guy has played even better than in the past.

Dancelot
11-22-2019, 10:50 PM
I agree with you. I feel like DeRozan and Gay have both played well. I think LMAs not-giving-a-fuckness is effecting the whole team.

tonski17
11-22-2019, 10:52 PM
Quit blaming DeMar!

I'm goin with the eye test.... LA has checked... out. Zero heart and he knows it. The guy still has game and everybody knows it. He "could" decide to go beastmode in the paint... which is a mindset 100%. The guy just checked out.

DeRozen is actually balling within his capabilities. Why do we blame the guy if he's playing like he has his entire career? I actually think the guy has played even better than in the past.

You are actually right. start carroll for defensive purpose with murray. let DDR or LA create and open spot up shooters and corner 3s for marco, bryn, patty or even rudy and carroll.

spursparker9
11-22-2019, 10:52 PM
LA has successfully brought his loser culture from Portland to SA.

timtonymanu
11-22-2019, 10:53 PM
But “retire his jersey” :lmao

JeffDuncan
11-22-2019, 10:55 PM
You know if you retire a guy's jersey it means he won't play any more.

cjw
11-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Trade Demar so he can play for a team that isn’t fielding G-League players. Someone who’s competitive like him deserves better.

JeffDuncan
11-22-2019, 11:00 PM
I had the thought DDR would opt in next year because of the $, but I no longer think so.

Russo21
11-22-2019, 11:02 PM
Yep, DDR is doing what he can do and doing it pretty well, at least on one side of the court. LMA has looked shithouse since his near 40 point outburst, and he wasn't doing much before that either.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-22-2019, 11:07 PM
Quit blaming DeMar!

DeRozen is actually balling within his capabilities. Why do we blame the guy if he's playing like he has his entire career? I actually think the guy has played even better than in the past. Aldridge is 34 now. He can't go beast mode any time he wants only when he can. He can't be beats mode, best rim protector and dominate rebounder avgerging 32 minutes a game at 34 with no rest games.

MoSpur02
11-22-2019, 11:14 PM
No one is blaming DeMar. He's the only player who has a high value that can net you something good in return.

dbestpro
11-22-2019, 11:16 PM
For me, the problem is Forbes. Pop is convinced he can turn him into Curry 2.0. He's best role will always be some offense from the bench.

tholdren
11-22-2019, 11:18 PM
For me, the problem is Forbes. Pop is convinced he can turn him into Curry 2.0. He's best role will always be some offense from the bench.

Pop doesnt think that. He thinks he's the best 3pt shooter on the team and he is correct

sasaint
11-22-2019, 11:20 PM

Some of us didn’t want him to begin with, and that’s one of the reasons. That was the beginning of the end. And Pop’s coaching plummeted after that, too.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
11-22-2019, 11:22 PM
Demar had energy tonight and played with better pace. Good for him. But typically his languorous approach to the game negatively affects the whole team.

JeffDuncan
11-22-2019, 11:27 PM
Pop doesnt think that. He thinks he's the best 3pt shooter on the team and he is correct

Actually, Mills is a better 3pt shooter than Forbes, and even a better defender.

GAustex
11-22-2019, 11:34 PM
Demar had energy tonight and played with better pace. Good for him. But typically his languorous approach to the game negatively affects the whole team.
languorous
Excellent. I had to look that one up.
languorous describes it perfectly.

Chinook
11-23-2019, 12:16 AM
The biggest issue with Forbes is that he's the ONLY shooter in the SL now. His shot-selection has become shit because he seems to feel the need to shoot for everyone else. You need three if not four guys on the floor shooting threes at a decent clip nowadays, and Pop often fields at most two. I'll sound like a broken record if I repeat that Pop needs to make guys shoot them even if they aren't good at them. Right now, they're playing effectively four-in, and that just won't work. Put some more shooting on the floor, and you can curtail Bryn's bad shots, drive his efficiency back up and improve his metrics.

JeffDuncan
11-23-2019, 12:19 AM
The biggest issue with Forbes is that he plays at all.

alpha_HaZE
11-23-2019, 01:28 AM

This, I have been advocating to trade him, and being attached on this forum because of it, since before nephew left.

DPG21920
11-23-2019, 01:40 AM
The biggest issue with Forbes is that he's the ONLY shooter in the SL now. His shot-selection has become shit because he seems to feel the need to shoot for everyone else. You need three if not four guys on the floor shooting threes at a decent clip nowadays, and Pop often fields at most two. I'll sound like a broken record if I repeat that Pop needs to make guys shoot them even if they aren't good at them. Right now, they're playing effectively four-in, and that just won't work. Put some more shooting on the floor, and you can curtail Bryn's bad shots, drive his efficiency back up and improve his metrics.

Bryn isn’t really good enough to worry about tbh..I would not do anything in mind with helping him out. I would just yank him out of the rotation pretty much.

Plus his defense is so bad it tanks everyone around him.

timvp
11-23-2019, 01:48 AM
Right now, they're playing effectively four-in, and that just won't work.

That seems like a logical statement when watching the team play but how much can we complain about a team that is top five offensively?

Looking at things objectively, the Spurs offense is totally fine. It's the defense that needs work.

timvp
11-23-2019, 01:49 AM
Bryn isn’t really good enough to worry about tbh..I would not do anything in mind with helping him out. I would just yank him out of the rotation pretty much.

Plus his defense is so bad it tanks everyone around him.

I'd give Forbes a chance to prove he's not the worst defender in the league when he's mostly defending bench players.

duncan2k5
11-23-2019, 01:52 AM
u guys are fucking insane to want to keep demar based on a few games despite his decades worth of history...HE FUCKING SUCKS...he is empty calories and he will ALWAYS let u down in the playoffs...they BOTH need to go

DPG21920
11-23-2019, 02:05 AM
I'd give Forbes a chance to prove he's not the worst defender in the league when he's mostly defending bench players.

That’s fair. Out of the rotation was harsh..meant more out of the SL and used in an appropriate manner.

timvp
11-23-2019, 02:09 AM
in the playoffs

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2017/11/24/0ap3000000882302_video_cp.jpg

apalisoc_9
11-23-2019, 02:25 AM
Derozan can score 30 a game and id still want him out. Dude screams loser in a every possible way.

The White/Murray duo needs to start. Get rid of Lamarsha and Derozan. They're just ruining the young guys improvement

DPG21920
11-23-2019, 02:32 AM
Derozan can score 30 a game and id still want him out. Dude screams loser in a every possible way.

The White/Murray duo needs to start. Get rid of Lamarsha and Derozan. They're just ruining the young guys improvement

It’s not that they are ruining Murray/White - it’s that they aren’t winning and Murray/White were supposed to help them. But they fit so poorly that now with the losing helping them becomes less important each game and the future more important

gospursgojas
11-23-2019, 03:11 AM
Facts. LA is turn around fade-away LA again.

vavvi
11-23-2019, 03:35 AM
You're absolutely right. DeRozan was always empty calories, and LMA used to deliver wins but regressed, especially on D
Forbes is another big problem as mentioned above

Slippy
11-23-2019, 05:19 AM
Edit. Wrong thread

monty4329
11-23-2019, 05:57 AM

People here were shitting on Bertans the whole last season....

r0drig0lac
11-23-2019, 06:20 AM
For me, the problem is Forbes. Pop is convinced he can turn him into Curry 2.0. He's best role will always be some offense from the bench in Euroleague.

fixed

duncan2k5
11-23-2019, 07:28 AM
You're absolutely right. DeRozan was always empty calories, and LMA used to deliver wins but regressed, especially on D
Forbes is another big problem as mentioned above

when did LMA deliver wins? how low as the standard dropped? that's like saying Melo and Westbrook were winners since their teams made the eplayoffs

paperboy77
11-23-2019, 10:20 AM
Aldridge is 34 now. He can't go beast mode any time he wants only when he can. He can't be beats mode, best rim protector and dominate rebounder avgerging 32 minutes a game at 34 with no rest games.

Well then his time here is over. He’s in the way of progress.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
11-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Pop is at least somewhat aware that Demarre Carrol is under contract. We need shooting and defense in the starting lineup. DC is not perfect but he’s the best we have that fits what we need. Seems like a no brainer to me to swap him in for Forbes.

Sugus
11-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Pop is at least somewhat aware that Demarre Carrol is under contract. We need shooting and defense in the starting lineup. DC is not perfect but he’s the best we have that fits what we need. Seems like a no brainer to me to swap him in for Forbes.

You'd ideally want DeMarre at the 3, alongside Rudy at the 4, subbing him out so his glass build isn't overloaded. A SL of White-Dj-DeMarre-Gay-LMA with DeMar leading the bench. Boost the defense whilst keeping 2 shooters on the lineup, let DeMar power through other teams' benches. But Pop will never do that to DeMar's fragile, soft ego, especially in a contract year... One can only hope.

Dverde
11-23-2019, 11:10 AM
:lol patfo are the problem. They built this team. DDR and LMA are still good players just not on this team. The team finally turned into a pumpkin. We won championships on defense and passing the ball around...this team does neither.

Prime BEEF
11-23-2019, 11:33 AM
The SL doesn’t really matter at this point. It’s just different variations of the same turd.

paperboy77
11-23-2019, 12:02 PM
The SL doesn’t really matter at this point. It’s just different variations of the same turd.

Still.. I'd like to see:

LA at C, Gay at PF, DD, White and Murray at the wing. With the exception of Gay, give everyone else in the SL 33+ minutes. Put your best 5 out there and see what happens. The bench unit below can be problematic for other benches.

Jakob, Carrol, Lonnie, Forbes and Wombat.
Kelden,
Beli, Lyles,

pad300
11-23-2019, 12:41 PM
I see 2 options for the lineup -
A) Minor surgery
Start DJ (PG), Derozan (SG), Lyles (PF), LMA (C) and Carroll (SF, in place of Forbes). Next up from 1-3 is White. Next PF is Gay. Next C is Poetl, then Mills/Forbes/Metu/Lonnie. Finally, Beli (and if Keldon's available, I would play him first...). A variant of this would switch White and DJ.

B) Major surgery - Derozan as Manu
Start White (PG), Mills (SG), DJ (SF), LMA (C), Lyles (PF). Then a hockey sub - Forbes (PG), Derozan (SG), Caroll (SF), Gay (PF), Poeltl (C). Fill in minutes for Metu/Lonnie/Beli,

Kool Bob Love
11-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Is it really that bad? I have not watched a game all season. That changes tonight.

tholdren
11-23-2019, 12:52 PM
:lol patfo are the problem. They built this team. DDR and LMA are still good players just not on this team. The team finally turned into a pumpkin. We won championships on defense and passing the ball around...this team does neither.
Exactly. You have to be an extremely efficient half court team or score in transition to win with no defense. Spurs are too soft and low IQ to run a decent half court offense and their transitin game is just as bad. The only decent all offensive player sa has is derozan and he cant really create for others

Poolboy5623
11-23-2019, 05:26 PM
They're both a heaping pile of shit imo

TD 21
11-24-2019, 09:40 PM

:tu

Since I can't imagine them wanting to take it down to the studs, if he wants to stay, I'd be fine with keeping Aldridge. He wouldn't fetch a significant return anyway (lottery protected 1st or young player of commensurate value and requisite expiring salary filler), plus he doesn't step on the young guards toes and would provide them with a needed offensive focal point so that they're not completely thrown to the wolves.

His engagement level could actually pick up with a trade that balances the team better but returns him to clear 1st option status.