PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Reggie

romsey31
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Picks Detroit over Indy....Kinda heartbreaking to him those words come out of Reggie's mouth.

pache100
11-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Picks Detroit over Indy....Kinda heartbreaking to him those words come out of Reggie's mouth.

He's a big-time national teevee announcer now...he's got to tell the truth as he knows it in his head, not what he feels in his heart. He's got to be impartial and stick to the facts and the evidence.

sa_butta
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
He was still bias to the Pacers last night.

samikeyp
11-02-2005, 10:35 AM
he was, and Sir Charles shot him down for it.

genghisrex
11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
That Pacers team screwed Reggie out of his last shot at a ring last year. Even if he wasn't a national announcer, I wouldn't expect him to have much confidence in a group led by Jermaine, Ron, and Stephen.

nkdlunch
11-02-2005, 10:42 AM
he was the only classy piece to that team.

pache100
11-02-2005, 10:46 AM
he was the only classy piece to that team.

Yes, he was. I still believe that if he'd been playing the night of the brawl, had been able to be on the floor with the team, that might not have happened, or at least it might not have gotten so serious. That team had little to no leadership and simmered just under out of control all of last season, and it was 10 times worse when Reggie was out. There was a hysteria about them all the time, like they were just on the verge of a frenzy of some kind. It was almost scary. It got a little better after Artest was taken out of the mix, but not much. Reggie must have been exhausted at the end of last season...he'd been holding his breath for months.

picnroll
11-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Damn Pollard is lame. Pacer's psycho's screw Reggie out of his last three shots at a ring and then they have that fool memorialize him.

ShoogarBear
11-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Reggie was hilarious last night, in addition to beign insightful and articulate. He will surpass both Charles and Kenny before long.

And I think we'll see that clip of Tayshaun swatting him only about 10,000,000,000 more times this year.

batman2883
11-02-2005, 10:59 AM
i wish reggie could have came over to the spurs to get a ring this year, i really respected him as a player, but he did get robbed by the rest of the team last year....(not that they would have won against the spurs anyway).

picnroll
11-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Barkley is that show but he and Reggie will play off each other well.

MiNuS
11-02-2005, 11:02 AM
I did feel kind of bad for the guy last night,seeing him on opposite ends with Barkley and Kenny. Those two are the show and Reggie was just getting harrassed.He is a bit sissy though.He needs to NEVER dance again.
I like to see Reggie rather than Majic(Laker/Shaq homer) with the TNT team which I belive is the best and funniest crew of commentators.

pache100
11-02-2005, 11:06 AM
I did feel kind of bad for the guy last night,seeing him on opposite ends with Barkley and Kenny. Those two are the show and Reggie was just getting harrassed.

Kenny is an ass. Charles is always alone against Kenny (and his cockamamie ideas :blah ) with whoever is up there with them. Wait until Sir Charles figures out he can use Reggie to gang up on Kenny; not that Charles needs any help :king . But I can't wait to see the look of disbelief on Kenny's shit-eating face.

sa_butta
11-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I did feel kind of bad for the guy last night,seeing him on opposite ends with Barkley and Kenny. Those two are the show and Reggie was just getting harrassed.He is a bit sissy though.He needs to NEVER dance again.
I like to see Reggie rather than Majic(Laker/Shaq homer) with the TNT team which I belive is the best and funniest crew of commentators.A 3 year old is better than Magic Johnson. I just dont look forward to Reggie's homer analysis including the Pacers even when they are not playing. They talked more about the Pacers after the Spurs game.

MiNuS
11-02-2005, 11:21 AM
A 3 year old is better than Magic Johnson. I just dont look forward to Reggie's homer analysis including the Pacers even when they are not playing. They talked more about the Pacers after the Spurs game.
there's still feelings for his old team but he'll get over it. I hope.

The funniest guys,though,are the ones that never got the "ring". That's why Kenny will be easy to pick on by Barkley and Miller.

Phenomanul
11-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Someone should suggest that they hold their 3rd annual "TNT" 3pt contest live. Only this time around Reggie would be in the mix.

Steve Kerr (Spurs)
Kenny Smith (Rockets)
Reggie Miller (Pacers)

romsey31
11-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Well what Reg said was "until they stop arguing..." So I guess there is alot going on behind the scenes that we dont know about....

sa_butta
11-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Well what Reg said was "until they stop arguing..." So I guess there is alot going on behind the scenes that we dont know about....Of course they are going to pick on the rookie, I think it will be a fun year for them.

Reggie Miller
11-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I think everyone is ignoring or missed the context of those comments:

Pre-season/Pre-game Show:
Reggie basically says that the Pacers have too many chemistry and maturity issues to win the Championship. Charles and Kenny make comments to the effect that the Pacers won't figure out how to replace Reggie right away.

Later in Telecast:
Charles and Kenny claim that the Pacers will not win without a consistent shooter like Reggie, as they have no primary threat late in games. At THAT point, Reggie started the Pacers homer stuff.

In other words, it seemed more like he was compensating for ripping them earlier.

picnroll
11-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Well what Reg said was "until they stop arguing..." So I guess there is alot going on behind the scenes that we dont know about....
Pacers have a lot of young talent that won't be happy not getting playing time. Plus nobody's ever accused the Pacers of being mature and intelligent. Should be a vBookie on which Pacer blows up first.

angel_luv
11-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I stopped listening to Reggie when he dissed the Spurs. Bah humbug "doesn't like our chances to repeat" based on what? Preseason???

romsey31
11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
I stopped listening to Reggie when he dissed the Spurs. Bah humbug "doesn't like our chances to repeat" based on what? Preseason???

Well Manu didnt look much better last night...

T Park
11-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Well Manu didnt look much better last night

Ever heard of an injury?

If you haven't, he had a bruised thigh, something that keeps a guy from jumping well.

Last i checked you needed to jump in the game of basketball.. :)

samikeyp
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM
A lot of players didn't look that good last night.....the first game of the season will do that. If Manu looks like that consistenly in March, then I will worry.

Sweet_Angel
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM

i did the same thing. my husband was mad because i put the TV on mute. :lol

romsey31
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Ever heard of an injury?

If you haven't, he had a bruised thigh, something that keeps a guy from jumping well.

Last i checked you needed to jump in the game of basketball.. :)

Ever heard of Allen Iverson? Plays injured every night. If you're hurt, sit the hell out, your team is deep enough, let it heal, why risk making it worst so early in the season. If he played that simply means he was good to go, quit making excuses.

T Park
11-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Ever heard of Allen Iverson? Plays injured every night. If you're hurt, sit the hell out, your team is deep enough, let it heal, why risk making it worst so early in the season. If he played that simply means he was good to go, quit making excuses.

Allen Iverson... Hmmmmmm no doesn't ring a bell, Did he invent White Out or somethin??

He played cause he wanted to play on ring night and not dissapoint fans.

Cut the bullshit out Pacer fan. If that were the case, Jermaine O'Neal was soft for not dunking with his right hand last year cause he had a so called "shoulder" problem.

Give me a fucking break.

romsey31
11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Allen Iverson... Hmmmmmm no doesn't ring a bell, Did he invent White Out or somethin??

He played cause he wanted to play on ring night and not dissapoint fans.

Cut the bullshit out Pacer fan. If that were the case, Jermaine O'Neal was soft for not dunking with his right hand last year cause he had a so called "shoulder" problem.

Give me a fucking break.

Nah he wasnt soft, he was converting his shots, something Manu isnt doing, his scoring average actually went up....so whats your point BWGFAN? Our team last yr didnt have the depth you guys have now, so.....yea? You were saying?

Oh by the way...that little curse word to the end really made you seem tough.... :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
He had no lift because he can't push off his right leg.

If he played that simply means he was good to go

Manu basically said that Pop told him the same thing .. something like:

Pop: "Are you good (to play)?"
Manu: "Yes"
Pop: "Then why aren't you playing good."

:lol

romsey31
11-02-2005, 03:41 PM
He had no lift because he can't push off his right leg.

Manu basically said that Pop told him the same thing .. something like:

Pop: "Are you good (to play)?"
Manu: "Yes"
Pop: "Then why aren't you playing good."

:lol

Kori I'm sure you can understand I'm not bashing Manu, alll I'm saying is right now hes hurting the team more than he's helping, thats my opinion, it'd be best if he just sat out a few games and let it completely heal...

angel_luv
11-02-2005, 03:42 PM
i did the same thing. my husband was mad because i put the TV on mute. :lol

High five! Your are so forgiven for semi stealing my screen name! :lol

Kori Ellis
11-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Kori I'm sure you can understand I'm not bashing Manu, alll I'm saying is right now hes hurting the team more than he's helping, thats my opinion, it'd be best if he just sat out a few games and let it completely heal...

I said the same thing on the way home last night.

ZStomp
11-02-2005, 03:49 PM
I like how Reggie kinda gave a glimpse at why he picked Detroit over Indiana...but that he isn't one to gossip. (he knows what goes on behind the scenes with IND)

T Park
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
alll I'm saying is right now hes hurting the team more than he's helping

He was one of the main reasons they came back and won in the 4th quarter.

Did you miss the FTs and passes and other things he did that helped win??

Guess so.

ZStomp
11-02-2005, 03:56 PM

Why? Just because of that?

Hate to break this to you but not everyone will like the Spurs. Lots of people will pick over the Spurs. Just listen to what they have to say.

Jimcs50
11-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Reggie was hilarious last night, in addition to beign insightful and articulate. He will surpass both Charles and Kenny before long.

And I think we'll see that clip of Tayshaun swatting him only about 10,000,000,000 more times this year.

Nobody can ever surpass Sir Charles.

romsey31
11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Nobody can ever surpass Sir Charles.

yup....no ones that dumb

50 cent
11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
I thought Reggie was kinda of annoying last night and tried to counterdict Charles who knows what he is talking about. The Pacer homerisms were annoying as hell. They don't belong in a Championship discussion.

romsey31
11-02-2005, 06:11 PM
I thought Reggie was kinda of annoying last night and tried to counterdict Charles who knows what he is talking about. The Pacer homerisms were annoying as hell. They don't belong in a Championship discussion.

Check

1Parker1
11-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Reggie Miller was awesome last night. Charles has the entertainment factor whilst Reggie brings entertainment (in his own way) plus actual insights into the game. I think he's going to be a great broadcaster.

I saw Reggie a few weeks ago when he co-hosted LIVE with Regis and Kelly when Regis was out............he was hilarious and looked suprisingly comfortable bantering with Kelly Ripa. I never thought I'd see that side of Reggie. Retirement seems to agree with him.