PDA

View Full Version : I have to defend Demar Derozan.....

apalisoc_9
11-25-2019, 10:49 PM
Let me begin by saying...I hate derozan game. He is not a great player. He is not even a top 70 player, but he does have certain skillsets that can help a team in some ways. (Toronto)

He's actually done what is asked of him and what is expected out of him. Score 20ish or so, run the point with very little expectations as a defender and for a large stretch last year he was the spurs best point guard.

let us visit todays game and highlight minutes 7-3 from the fourth quarter to prove a point.

in this stretch the spurs and lakers traded buckets and around that mark Pop took out white to play this lineup. Derozan scored in 4 consecutive drives. thats 8 points but the lakers did better. but this was the lineup..

Forbes-Mills-Derozan-Lyles-Aldridge.

In that lineup, only aldridge has shown defensive capabilities.

Both Aldridge and Derozan are atrocious "stars", but in any given situation their contribution should result in at least 46-50ish wins which is what happened last year.

The problem here..They're always surronded by garbage bins And i am not refering to Mills. Mills is an NBA player at least.

Forbes and Lyles are not NBA caliber players. They are not. its no secret scouts are wondering how lyles is even getting minutes.

LYLES AND FORBES are NOT NBA level players.

tholdren
11-25-2019, 10:53 PM
Let me begin by saying...I hate derozan game. He is not a great player. He is not even a top 70 player, but he does have certain skillsets that can help a team in some ways. (Toronto)

He's actually done what is asked of him and what is expected out of him. Score 20ish or so, run the point with very little expectations as a defender and for a large stretch last year he was the spurs best point guard.

let us visit todays game and highlight minutes 7-3 from the fourth quarter to prove a point.

in this stretch the spurs and lakers traded buckets and around that mark Pop took out white to play this lineup. Derozan scored in 4 consecutive drives. thats 8 points but the lakers did better. but this was the lineup..

Both Aldridge and Derozan are atrocious "stars", but in any given situation their contribution should result in at least 46-50ish wins which is what happened last year.

The problem here..They're always surronded by garbage bins And i am not refering to Mills. Mills is an NBA player at least.

Forbes and Lyles are not NBA caliber players. They are not. its no secret scouts are wondering how lyles is even getting minutes.

Neither is murray or gay or walker

Yogatti
11-25-2019, 10:53 PM
Derozen got benched in Game 3 against the Cavaliers in 2018.

Faillipenis with another garbage take again

RC_Drunkford
11-25-2019, 10:57 PM
That's the main reason why this team is garbage tbh. If you got Aldridge and DeRozan you need to surround them with 3-and-D players. All 3 players who play with them should be 3-and-D. That means Carroll and White have to start. The 3rd player at PF was supposed to be Marcus Morris, but now we don't have anybody at that spot.

Derozan was most efficient last year when he played point with the bench full of shooters. Aldridge needs space to post up and not get crowded. It's on Pop

anon
11-25-2019, 10:59 PM
Just sag off him

R. DeMurre
11-25-2019, 11:00 PM
"I have to defend DeRozan..."

"I hate DeRozan's game..."

testies
11-25-2019, 11:15 PM
richar jefrozan

SpurPadre
11-25-2019, 11:18 PM
A guard with 4 three point attempts in 18 games played in 2019. 'Nuff said.

timvp
11-25-2019, 11:18 PM

https://i.imgur.com/wrAg3zR.gif

Roscoe P. Coltrane
11-25-2019, 11:28 PM
The only thing than can fix it is if white starts playing 30-32 minutes a game.

SAGirl
11-25-2019, 11:46 PM
Not about Derozan himself, like you said he’s the last star I’d want and hated the trade bc I didn’t like him then as a piece to build around. Anyways the truth is the Spurs fo have guys around him that wouldn’t be starting anywhere else but a tankathon team.

R. DeMurre
11-25-2019, 11:54 PM
If DeRozan understood that he was Lou Williams without a three point shot, he could actually have some value. But this is not the case.

NASpurs
11-26-2019, 12:00 AM
Good thing Pop and company were trying to send a message to Kawhi and his uncle by sending him to another country instead of getting something good in return. TAKE THAT KAWHI!

Dverde
11-26-2019, 12:03 AM
I don’t defend him...said every NBA player.

11-26-2019, 12:45 AM
Current Derozen with all of his flaws is still better than Murray/White will be any time soon.

apalisoc_9
11-26-2019, 09:54 AM
Current Derozen with all of his flaws is still better than Murray/White will be any time soon.

Murray and white wont reach that level. Its their third/fourth year.

People were already calling kawhi top 10 in his 4/5th year

Texas_Ranger
11-26-2019, 10:58 AM

those two scrubs combined will never be as good as Derozan. And I hate Derozan.

sananspursfan21
11-26-2019, 11:04 AM
He’s really not the problem with this team at the moment. I even thought his defense was commendable at times last night. Sure, Lebron bullied his way to a few easy dunks on him, but he even did that to Kawhi sometimes. Even after last night, LMA is much more expendable right now.

apalisoc_9
11-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Not about Derozan himself, like you said he’s the last star I’d want and hated the trade bc I didn’t like him then as a piece to build around. Anyways the truth is the Spurs fo have guys around him that wouldn’t be starting anywhere else but a tankathon team.

lyles and forbes probably wont even start for real madrid or fenerbeche

JuneJive
11-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Good thing Pop and company were trying to send a message to Kawhi and his uncle by sending him to another country instead of getting something good in return. TAKE THAT KAWHI!

Lakers would be assfuckin the league then.

The good return as well.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-26-2019, 05:40 PM
He's been the best player on the team most nights. He's not really the problem. Murray stinks, Mills and Forbes are something below whatever is considered a horrible defender, LMA is disinterested most of the time, Rudy's a step slow in spite of great effort, Belli is just horrible, Poetl is inconsistent, Carroll is not as good as advertised, none of the other young guys are ready to step up.

This team is not very good, but what's worse is that they're playing with zero heart. That's what's most sad as a Spurs fan. Effort has never been something I've questioned from any Spurs team since Robinson's arrival. This team is going through the motions a lot of the time, which is what sucks to see as a fan.

duncan2k5
11-26-2019, 05:58 PM
I stopped reading when I saw him say DeRozan helped the raptors... If he was on a different team, we would be mocking the idea of having him on ours... But now we are looking for reasons to keep him? Yall make me physically sick

Dancelot
11-26-2019, 06:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wrAg3zR.gif
:lol

Arcadian
11-26-2019, 06:11 PM
There's really no one on the Spurs you can point to and say "he's the reason we suck." Even Forbes and Lyles are decent players (just not starters). It's just that, you can't have a team full of mediocre-at-best players and expect to do anything.

JeffDuncan
11-26-2019, 08:17 PM
There's really no one on the Spurs you can point to and say "he's the reason we suck." ...

There damn sure is. You point your finger straight at the nose of one Coach Pop who is responsible for the Seven Dwarfs lineup, the chinese firedrill rotations, and the whole mess.

When things are like this you point at who's in charge.

Exactly like Coach Pop, in his day, pointed at Bob Hill, and replaced him. Hint hint.

tbdog
11-26-2019, 08:32 PM
I actually can vision that Bufford, Pop and Coaches had plenty of discussion about where the league was going and what they thought they should draft. I assume with the no hand checking rule that fast, athletic guards were the way to go. It made sense; they could get into the lane at will and the defense would require to collapse to stop it. But in reality, tall players than can shoot is far stronger to have than a guard that can get into the lane. Simply, if your not blocking the shot, the 3p attempt is an open shot. You cannot guard it. And now we have midgets that can get blocked. There is not one player in our team that can create a clean 3. Not one.

tholdren
11-26-2019, 11:22 PM
I actually can vision that Bufford, Pop and Coaches had plenty of discussion about where the league was going and what they thought they should draft. I assume with the no hand checking rule that fast, athletic guards were the way to go. It made sense; they could get into the lane at will and the defense would require to collapse to stop it. But in reality, tall players than can shoot is far stronger to have than a guard that can get into the lane. Simply, if your not blocking the shot, the 3p attempt is an open shot. You cannot guard it. And now we have midgets that can get blocked. There is not one player in our team that can create a clean 3. Not one.

Agree with half your post. The first half. The last half is false

tbdog
11-27-2019, 12:03 AM
Well discuss?