PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker's Penetration

Ghost Writer
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
As nice a lift as Michael Finley provided off the bench last night, it was Tony Parker's drives to the hoop that won the game for the Spurs last night.

Parker had a nice preseason and looked great last night.

Last year, Manu busted out. This year is Tony's turn.

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Sorry, I thought this was going to be another thread about Eva. :fro

He was awesome last night. :spin

MiNuS
11-02-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree. We'll be checking for 5 straight games like last night.If not,he's the same ol' Parker.

FromWayDowntown
11-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I thought Tony's jump shot was really the key to his game last night. He hit a few jumpers and the Denver defense had to come out on him. At that point, Tony was right where he wanted to be -- they had to respect the jumper and he could put the ball on the floor and use his quickness to get to the hole from that point forward. If Tony hits that jumper with any regularity, he's going to be very difficult to defend, particularly with all of the other firepower that the Spurs can put around him on the floor.

ShoogarBear
11-02-2005, 11:24 AM
If Tony goes 7-7 in the fourth quarter of every game, I predict a pretty good year for him . . .

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Did you guys see Nash tearing up the Mavs last night with that combination of pull-up and driving? Damn...if Tony ever gets that outside threat on a regular basis he will be unstoppable...

batman2883
11-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Tony always starts up good and then fades away...i think van exel will take a lot of his minutes away as the season progresses especially in the second half of each game

T Park
11-02-2005, 11:27 AM
His jump shot is the key to everything.

If he can have a semi consistent jumper, hes unguardable.

We'll be checking for 5 straight games like last night.If not,he's the same ol' Parker

Oh blow it out your ass.

Even if he has a bad game against Cleveland its still the beginning of November you freakin tool.

T Park
11-02-2005, 11:28 AM
i think van exel will take a lot of his minutes away as the season progresses especially in the second half of each game

Yes, a 35 year old bad kneed point guard is gonna take those minutes.

Get fucking real.

SPURS21
11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
His penetration looked effortless, like he wasn't even putting the jets on, and if that mid range jump shot keeps dropping he will be an NBA all star

boutons
11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
How about Tony posting up Earl on the low-block and hitting the shot?

Tony got free without the ball several times close to the basket and the ball found him for easy baskets.

Tony looked very relaxed, confident, smooth, completely untired, no sweat. Hitting a few shots does wonders for your confidence, and confidence does wonders for all of your game.

I've gotten used to Tony's "doing the funky chicken" defensive stance. :)

batman2883
11-02-2005, 11:31 AM
yes he will parker will get replaced in the 2nd half a lot more by nve...so get off your high horse TPARK

bigzak25
11-02-2005, 11:32 AM
As nice a lift as Michael Finley provided off the bench last night, it was Tony Parker's drives to the hoop that won the game for the Spurs last night.

Parker had a nice preseason and looked great last night.

Last year, Manu busted out. This year is Tony's turn.

we have enough scorers...he is a pg. dimes and D please.

points are gravy.

MiNuS
11-02-2005, 11:34 AM
His jump shot is the key to everything.

If he can have a semi consistent jumper, hes unguardable.

Oh blow it out your ass.

Even if he has a bad game against Cleveland its still the beginning of November you freakin tool.
Tpark,one game. We all hope for the best for him,he just has to show it!

picnroll
11-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Looks like Engelland has told Parker to bag the three point shot and look for the mid-range instead. Good thing.

Mr. Peabody
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry, I thought this was going to be another thread about Eva. :fro He was awesome last night. :spin

Am I the only one that liked this joke?
________
Www.vaporshop.com (http://vaporshop.com/)

bigzak25
11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes, a 35 year old bad kneed point guard is gonna take those minutes.

Get fucking real.

Oh blow it out your ass.

:lmao

man, i see TPark is in his usuall 'cool as ice' and 'making friends' mode...and so early in the season too...good job man...

don't worry folks, we all know TPizzle has more flip flops than a group led by moses...

TP is his hero today, his goat tomorrow...just be patient...:lol

bigzak25
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
Am I the only one that liked this joke?

i thought of it before i even clicked the thread...i think alot of us did, but you have to be pretty fuckin quick if you want to beat spurswoman on a sexual innuendo joke...quick like mouse at an oompa loompa roundup...

MiNuS
11-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Tpark is an asshole.I really don't care what he says or that he's mouth is dirtier than a prositute's vagina. I actually saw Tpark on Round Table once he was such a pussy and hardly spoke.He looks like an introvert.Definitely an introvert.

Vashner
11-02-2005, 11:45 AM
hahhahahahahahahaha

T Park
11-02-2005, 11:46 AM
man, i see TPark is in his usuall 'cool as ice' and 'making friends' mode

When someone says something so absurdly stupid, I have to sit here and just say,

hahahha oh now now come on, fuck no.

all know TPizzle has more flip flops than a group led by moses

Yawn, more give up smack, god people new fuckin material already.

Van Exel is NOT going to take minutes from Tony Parker.

Some games where Parker is playing bad? Uh yeah, that happens sometimes.

But hes going to regularly take his minutes for christsake.

T Park
11-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Tpark is an asshole.I really don't care what he says or that he's mouth is dirtier than a prositute's vagina. I actually saw Tpark on Round Table once he was such a pussy and hardly spoke.He looks like an introvert.Definitely an introvert.

Yawnnnnnn

First thing I notice, is you say my mouth is dirty, yet you start the sentance out with calling me an asshole, make up your mind if your gonna be holier than though or just a hypocrit.

Once again, new smack please.

Either that or put me on ignore and move on.

Get the fuck over it, Im not going anywhere Skippy.

TheTruth
11-02-2005, 11:49 AM
If Tony goes 7-7 in the fourth quarter of every game, I predict a pretty good year for him . . .
I disagree completely.

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
he's mouth is dirtier than a prositute's vagina.

Eewww...gross. :vomit

bigzak25
11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
When someone says something so absurdly stupid, I have to sit here and just say,

Yawn, more give up smack, god people new fuckin material already.

1st. fair enough...that's what we're here for...to discuss. but you will get what you give, remember that.

2nd. sorry to bore you. it was not 'smack'. it was TRUTH. PROVE ME WRONG. I double dawg dare you. :lol

you must now stay in Tony Parker's corner for the whole season without waiver, even when he has bad games. :tu

I must say, the little i did see of the game, I like TP's play.

I still want more assists, but shit, if he's shooting a good percentage? I can't complain...a Win is a Win, no matter what. :tu

Ginofan
11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
How about Tony posting up Earl on the low-block and hitting the shot?
Tony got free without the ball several times close to the basket and the ball found him for easy baskets.

Tony looked very relaxed, confident, smooth, completely untired, no sweat. Hitting a few shots does wonders for your confidence, and confidence does wonders for all of your game.

I've gotten used to Tony's "doing the funky chicken" defensive stance. :)

Manny and I were talking about that last night, it was freaking awesome! How bout when he put Andre Miller (I think it was Miller) on his knees when he crossed him over? You could hear Miller hit the floor all the way up in Club 200 :lol

MiNuS
11-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Yawnnnnnn

Once again, new smack please.

Either that or put me on ignore and move on.

Get the fuck over it, Im not going anywhere Skippy.
like I said,you are a "yawnnnnn" man,with your commentaries.You come out to comment on someone elses post and not about the topic and being a prick.That,Skippy,is being an asshole.

I can only bet that if you spoke to anyone on this forum one on one and in person you wouldn't say a word.I saw it on Round Table with superior commentators and you were a lost sheep.You couln't demean them because they actually knew what they were talking about not like you.

batman2883
11-02-2005, 11:54 AM
TPARK is a fucking moron, NVE was brought in epecially for taking over when Tony parker goes cold in the 2nd half....

TheTruth
11-02-2005, 11:57 AM
TPARK is a fucking moron, NVE was brought in epecially for taking over when Tony parker goes cold in the 2nd half....
He was brought in specifically to push Tony, so that he works harder to make sure that shit doesn't happen.

By the end of the year, Chip is gonna have TP's midrange J down so cold that people are gonna be wondering if the best PG in the league plays in Silver and Black.

smeagol
11-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey TPark, weren’t you the one bitching about Spurs playing in the off-season. Well, TP played for his National Team. And he still had a great game. Which one more time proves you wrong

TheTruth
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Hey TPark, weren’t you the one bitching about Spurs playing in the off-season. Well, TP played for his National Team. And he still had a great game. Which one more time proves you wrong
The effect of playing during the summer will show up more as the season progresses. It was only one game smeagol.

But I do think that Tony is young enough that we won't have to worry about that.

JUUOT
11-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Tony always starts up good and then fades away...i think van exel will take a lot of his minutes away as the season progresses especially in the second half of each game

get your cheat straight. Parker never start well. he never did for the 4 years he was in the league. worst than this it was the all month of November that was a catatstrophy last year.

sorry but your comment do not hold up.

bigzak25
11-02-2005, 12:03 PM
we needed a pg that could not only shoot the 3, but one that had the balls to shoot it and make it in postseason play...beno wasn't ready, tony's 3pt shot is...uh...a work in progress?

THAT's why Exel was brought in...

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I kind of agree with TPark. I doubt Van Exel takes a lot of minutes from TP. Once in a while? Yes. Regularly? No. I think Pop wants to keep Van Exel fresh for the playoffs. Van Exel is like Horry. They shine during the playoffs.

I think Van Exel will take more minutes away from TP during the playoffs not during the regular season.

Gatita
11-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry, I thought this was going to be another thread about Eva. :fro

:lol

I was thinking the same thing.

SMLT
11-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Must have missed the last ten years or so but when exactly did NVE shined in BB terms, not just highlight ? Team oriented mind ? Great percentages (40%) ? Or even just a winning team...

Sorry, NVE is a great ball player that underachieved for his whole career and never understood that BB remains a team game.

And, once for all, for the assist tune, it is hard for a spur's PG to have a lot of assists due to the whole TD oriented game. One could argue that Timmy is our point guard when it comes to lead the half court offense...

Cheers.

What ? No way, don't speak of NVE's defense (or lack of thereof)... He is a spurs and should get a little consideration. He could (will) bring us a boost on offense from time to time.

T Park
11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
You couln't demean them because they actually knew what they were talking about not like you.

Your a total tool who has ZERO clue what your talking about.

Go away already.

T Park
11-02-2005, 04:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must have missed the last ten years or so but when exactly did NVE shined in BB terms, not just highlight ? Team oriented mind ? Great percentages (40%) ? Or even just a winning team...

Sorry, NVE is a great ball player that underachieved for his whole career and never understood that BB remains a team game.

And, once for all, for the assist tune, it is hard for a spur's PG to have a lot of assists due to the whole TD oriented game. One could argue that Timmy is our point guard when it comes to lead the half court offense...

Cheers.

What ? No way, don't speak of NVE's defense (or lack of thereof)... He is a spurs and should get a little consideration. He could (will) bring us a boost on offense from time to time.

While for the millionth time, your exactly right about the pg assist thing, people cant understand or comprehend the whole offense deal.

Your wrong about Van Exel.

Did you watch the playoffs in 03??

He practically put the Mavericks in the Western Finals that year.

nkdlunch
11-02-2005, 04:14 PM
:lol

I was thinking the same thing.

:lol only girls still thinking about THAT. Guys are so into basketball right now that season has started, vibrator sales must be going through the roof :lol

MiNuS
11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Your a total tool who has ZERO clue what your talking about.

Go away already.
put me on ignore for all I care!

Mavs<Spurs
11-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Manny and I were talking about that last night, it was freaking awesome! How bout when he put Andre Miller (I think it was Miller) on his knees when he crossed him over? You could hear Miller hit the floor all the way up in Club 200 :lol

Instead of broke your ankle, its broke your knee! :lol

JamStone
11-02-2005, 04:40 PM
um ... hahahahah ... he wrote "penetration" ... hahahahahaha

T Park
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
put me on ignore for all I care

Quit fucking stalking my posts dickfuck.

Lady M
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Tony good game : I can read wait the others
Manu good game : he's a genius

Tony bad game : trade him
Manu bad game : nothing

please just say tony have a good game

spurschick
11-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Quit fucking stalking my posts dickfuck.

And then there's that...:wow

SpursIndonesia
11-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Tony always starts up good and then fades away...i think van exel will take a lot of his minutes away as the season progresses especially in the second half of each gameLike few early games in the last yr regular season ? Silly ! :rolleyes

Ghost Writer
11-05-2005, 11:03 PM
You can't complain about Parker's consistency this season.

He will be this year's breakout Spur.

I see an All-Star selection this time.