PDA

View Full Version : Rockets considering protest after refs don't count Harden's dunk

DPG21920
12-04-2019, 01:02 AM

ZeusWillJudge
12-04-2019, 01:09 AM
I understand the Rockets being pissed about that Harden dunk. Of course, D'Antoni won't talk about the obvious over and back they got by with right after that. Still, I'd be surprised if the league didn't take this one away.

Clipper Nation
12-04-2019, 01:11 AM
:lol The Rockets are the biggest crybaby bitches in the NBA. I remember they did a similar "protest" to the league a couple years ago after the Clippers won a game against them.

ZeusWillJudge
12-04-2019, 01:12 AM
BTW - I remember the last minute or so of a game being replayed after the refs fouled Shaq out of the game when he only had 5 fouls. Something like that or a for-sure made basket not being counted is the kind of thing they would rule on.

John B
12-04-2019, 01:16 AM
Besides the Spurs come back that showcased Walker, this is one ugly game with Harden baiting fouls. Half are not even foul, while Spurs players didn’t get the same benefit, foul on Demar, Russ on Mills, that would’ve been called if against Harden. Ugly game the NBA became, and both playing for Rockets.

John B
Besides the Spurs come back that showcased Walker, this is one ugly game with Harden baiting fouls. Half are not even foul, while Spurs players didn’t get the same benefit, foul on Demar, Russ on Mills, that would’ve been called if against Harden. Ugly game the NBA became, and both playing for Rockets.

Degoat
Rockets BIG mad :lmao that whole organization is so bitch made, owner, GM, players, all of them lol

Mugen
12-04-2019, 01:17 AM
Didn't they have a clear backcourt violation that wasn't called and gave them 2 points? :lol

YGWHI

Really? Good luck with that. I doubt the league change the boxscore or force the Spurs to play a quarter again...Just ridiculous.

ZeusWillJudge

All true. But a ball went through the ring, and didn't get counted. That's not a judgment call, and all those other things are. I'd give the protest a good chance.

Ron Swanson
12-04-2019, 01:18 AM
Holy shit, what a bunch of bitches. :lmao

Spurtacular
12-04-2019, 01:19 AM
I protest the egregious flaw in the clear path rule. It was instituted to stop the poster dunks from being prevented by trailing defenders on those leak out plays. Lonnie Walker is defending with Harden in front of him at the three arc and he fouls him as he's going past him in a pretty normal defensive setting and all the sudden it'd two free throws and the ball? Give me an f'ing break. That's not what that rule is there for.

cjw
12-04-2019, 01:21 AM
What would be sweeter than this protest not going through, is the protest going through and history repeating itself with a fourth quarter beatdown.

Too has the NBA isn’t like baseball with teams having to protest the moment these things happen.

Mugen
12-04-2019, 01:22 AM
The refs missed a clear backcourt on Westbrook and a clear out of bounds turnover on Harden. Both missed calls led to baskets for Houston.

:lol

Floyd Pacquiao
12-04-2019, 01:22 AM
Didn't they have a clear backcourt violation that wasn't called and gave them 2 points? :lol

Yup :lol their was also a play where harden was clearly pit of bounds when he passed for an open made shot iirc

DPG21920
12-04-2019, 01:23 AM
All true. But a ball went through the ring, and didn't get counted. That's not a judgment call, and all those other things are. I'd give the protest a good chance.

Yup. As whiny and off putting as it is, this is true.

ZeusWillJudge
12-04-2019, 01:25 AM
What would be sweeter than this protest not going through, is the protest going through and history repeating itself with a fourth quarter beatdown.

Too has the NBA isn’t like baseball with teams having to protest the moment these things happen.

Harden and D'Antoni are both such head cases, if they lose this game on account of that missed call (in their minds), it could fuck up their whole season. They're both capable of going around the bend over the "unfairness" of it all. So that's something to look forward to.

The more I think about it, the more I think the protest will be upheld. I'm pretty sure that means replaying everything from there forward, since they can't know how the game would have played out if they had gotten it right. I don't think it's like a mistake about a 3P shot where they just add or subtract a point. I could be wrong, but I think it would at least be replayed.

Mugen
12-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Spurs picking up an L because of this would just be icing on the cake and another W for the Tank tbh :lol

timtonymanu
12-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Nothing that faggot Silver would love more than to screw over a small market team. I can see the Rockets getting their wish, tbh.

NASpurs
:cry

timvp
It'd be so 2019 Spurs if the NBA overrules the game and Walker's game doesn't count :lol

apalisoc_9
This is coming from the Houston Rockets :lmao

A team with a player averaging what 17 free throws made a game :lmao

benefactor
12-04-2019, 01:29 AM
They aren't changing the outcome of a regular season game or making them replay shit. If anything they will acknowledge they fucked up and move on, just like they always have.

Mugen
12-04-2019, 01:31 AM
So what are they gonna do? Have them replay the last 6 minutes of the 4th with the Spurs down by like 16 :lol

timvp
12-04-2019, 01:34 AM
So what are they gonna do? Have them replay the last 6 minutes of the 4th with the Spurs down by like 16 :lol

And in the replay Pop subs out Walker for Marco.

:cry :lol :cry

slick'81
12-04-2019, 01:36 AM
If it took a horrible ref mistake to unleash lw4 so be it

JeffDuncan
12-04-2019, 01:39 AM
I could swear they did the video review of that during the game, didn't they? So the NBA is being asked to overrule its own review process. Does the NBA want to go there?

gospursgojas
12-04-2019, 01:41 AM
I could swear they did the video review of that during the game, didn't they? So the NBA is being asked to overrule its own review process. Does the NBA want to go there?

They’ll go anywhere to protect its high scoring teams and superstars.

ElNono
12-04-2019, 01:43 AM
They'll send out a report tomorrow stating the ref fucked up, and move on. Then it'll be sweet to see Rocketfan tears...

LakerHater
12-04-2019, 01:45 AM
WTF, thyere still leadin by 13?!!

SAGirl
12-04-2019, 01:45 AM
Good point. :tu
All in all the game was still enjoyable due to the Lonnie Walker factor and it was a thriller.

As for me, honestly at this point I don’t care about the record so much. I’d rather play the youth, life with the results and pick up a lotto pick in the summer if necessary.

Spurtacular
12-04-2019, 01:48 AM
:lol Good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twlEFbo-9U8

Slippy
12-04-2019, 01:51 AM

Thats exactly it. They reviewed it and then disallowed it. Nothing should be heard.

The nba should just come out and say it was a missed play.

Spurtacular
12-04-2019, 01:52 AM
If Harden hadn't have chased the ball like he missed it like a dumb ass, maybe the refs would've trusted their eyeballs. :lmao

gospursgojas
12-04-2019, 01:55 AM
On the spurs side what’s overlooked by that play is what a horrible horrible pass that was by Carrol. That guy was cringe worthy today on how bad he played. Mainly for the fact that he was out there acting like he was an all star. Driving uncontrollably to rim and shooting contested jumpers. Who tf he think he is?

JeffDuncan
If Harden hadn't have chased the ball like he missed it like a dumb ass, maybe the refs would've trusted their eyeballs. :lmao

That's what I was about to say. Harden, himself, must have thought he missed it, or he wouldn't have gone after the ball.

timvp
Thats exactly it. They reviewed it and then disallowed it. Nothing should be heard.

Refs didn't review it.

To me, yeah it was a blown call but how is it much different than a blown goaltending call? The NBA wants to go back and redo all games where a ref misses a goaltend?

ElNono
12-04-2019, 01:56 AM
tbh, refs awful there...

DPG21920
12-04-2019, 01:57 AM
Also, a backcourt violation isn’t a judgement call. It’s not a block or a charge or even contact fouls. It’s one team, on their own, committing an obvious infraction of the rules.

But they called it basket interference which is challengeable which is shocking HOU didn’t challenge.

spurs10
12-04-2019, 01:57 AM
They did review it and it could have been challenged, but they didn't. They later tried to challenge, but too much time had elapsed. That was not the the only bad call of the game. As people have described here. Overturning a game is not going to happen. Maybe they can overturn the Orlando or Blazers game.

ElNono
12-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Did D'Antoni have a challenge at that point?

spurs10
12-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Also, a backcourt violation isn’t a judgement call. It’s not a block or a charge or even contact fouls. It’s one team, on their own, committing an obvious infraction of the rules.

But they called it basket interference which is challengeable which is shocking HOU didn’t challenge. This

spurs10
12-04-2019, 01:59 AM
Did D'Antoni have a challenge at that point? He could have and didn't....until it was too late.

gospursgojas
12-04-2019, 02:00 AM

But they called it basket interference which is challengeable which is shocking HOU didn’t challenge.

Apparently they tried to “officially challenge” it but it was after Pringles and Harden did their cry baby tantrums. So it was passed the 30 secs. I mean I’m not complaining but I don’t get it. Isn’t pouting that it should have counted “challenging” the call? I guess if you don’t hit the green buzzer it’s not official?

Whatever. Fuck them. They got away with a backcourt and out of bounds.

JPB
12-04-2019, 02:03 AM

Which technically makes it a judgment call that can't be changed.

Anyway, a basketball game is filled with mistakes and bad calls both way, live with it and move on. I don't see the NBA doing anything else than acknowledging the mistake. Rockettes are just bluffing... being granted the game, sure lol.

gospursgojas
12-04-2019, 02:07 AM
Houston Rockets: “who said anything about replaying the game or changing the result? We just want James’ 2 points added to box score”

spurs10
12-04-2019, 02:08 AM
Refs didn't review it.

To me, yeah it was a blown call but how is it much different than a blown goaltending call? The NBA wants to go back and redo all games where a ref misses a goaltend? Agree. I thought they reviewed it, but reckon I was wrong.

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 02:09 AM
Considering our bad luck over the last few years, I'm fully expecting that the league will take away this win.

duncan2k5
12-04-2019, 02:17 AM
Bro... Typical D'antoni bring a bitch... Harden gets the most phantom calls in the history of the game, and one doesn't go ur way against a team u should have blown out and all of a sudden it's a protest? Go wipe ur vagina

timvp
12-04-2019, 02:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/UAugl9i.png

That's what should kill the Rockets' argument. They could have reviewed it but they didn't. Their fault.

I thought it wasn't reviewable ... but it was reviewable. That should be the end of the story.

Overturning anything would be a travesty at this point. Rockets could have challenged but they didn't. End of story.

slick'81
12-04-2019, 02:25 AM
What are they going to do add 2 points to the final score!? Fck the rockets crying tbh :cry

Beartrucci
12-04-2019, 02:40 AM
Well hey we’re part of the biggest sports story in the world right now

Mugen
12-04-2019, 02:41 AM
I hope the protest is successful because there's about 50 spurs games I can remember that should be replayed.

ZeusWillJudge
12-04-2019, 02:43 AM
That's what should kill the Rockets' argument. They could have reviewed it but they didn't. Their fault.

I thought it wasn't reviewable ... but it was reviewable. That should be the end of the story.

Overturning anything would be a travesty at this point. Rockets could have challenged but they didn't. End of story.

If that's the rule, I don't like it. If play is stopped and the team is trying to get clarification, the 30 second window shouldn't be running. I'm not talking about this incident, just the whole challenge system in general. Like the fact that the challenge can only go back to where the guy gathered. That was ridiculous.

I would hate it if they took the win away from the Spurs, but I'm really starting to dislike this system.

ElNono
12-04-2019, 03:01 AM
It would be better if they just give the Rockets the game as won... I still don't get why we're even trying to win games, tbh

MI21
12-04-2019, 03:22 AM
Fuckin' Rockets man :lol

Deal with it. They got 4 points off of the blown backcourt violation and Harden offensive rebound where he was undoubtedly out of bounds on the baseline.

Let the Spurs protest that - perhaps then Morey and his quadruple chin can use a calculator to add up that final score.

TheGreatYacht
12-04-2019, 03:24 AM
The disgusting city of Houston, their Paul Wall looking fans, their cheating baseball team, their regular season paper tiger NBA team, that Morey nerd, that Spurs benchwarmer TMac, and especially the beluga whales over at Clutch fans can hold this L.

Slippy
12-04-2019, 03:25 AM
Refs didn't review it.

To me, yeah it was a blown call but how is it much different than a blown goaltending call? The NBA wants to go back and redo all games where a ref misses a goaltend?
Yap they don't. Also it wasnt the score to decide game. It happened way before. Refs missed it.

NBA can't take this back . All rhey can do is acknowledge refs made a mistake on a missed score that had no bearing on the game. Spurs were down 13

timvp
12-04-2019, 03:25 AM
Let the Spurs protest that - perhaps then Morey and his quadruple chin can use a calculator to add up that final score.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DowKEtWnLZcru/source.gif

Arcadian
12-04-2019, 03:27 AM
They were still up 15 when that happened, so that's not why they lost. Faggots.

What's next - can we go back and take away Derek Fisher's shot in 2004?

Marcus Bryant
12-04-2019, 04:53 AM
:lol Can’t even dunk properly

Marcus Bryant
12-04-2019, 04:56 AM
Pop’s career win % versus D’Antoni has to be one of the most lopsided ever between two coaches

Shakril
12-04-2019, 05:28 AM
Houston only prostest because of the loos, with a win everything would have been fine and everyone would just laugh at it.

They were up by 13 Points and could not close out the quarter, because they dont play Defense. That the reason they lost, not one mistake by the refs.

jermaine
12-04-2019, 05:38 AM
If they would've kept that 22pt lead, would they have?? Nope

NameLess Scrub
12-04-2019, 06:18 AM
They're right. It was a legitimately bad decision by the refs to not count that basket. I don't even understand what's the point.

But.. . if this is looked into then remove the points for the back-court violation. Case closed.

Splits
12-04-2019, 06:52 AM
It would be better if they just give the Rockets the game as won... I still don't get why we're even trying to win games, tbh

Washington Nationals say hi

lol beisbol

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2019, 07:00 AM
pringles continue to be pops bitch, no matter what

Harry Callahan
12-04-2019, 07:13 AM
The backcourt violation (at the end of the half) would cancel that mistake anyway. That was at the end of the half. The Rockets literally had no way of scoring another basket at the end of the half.

That was not a judgement call either and the refs missed it. The Rockets have no chance to win any championship with the total indifference to defense that they show. Capella cannot clean up all the mistakes by himself.

John B
12-04-2019, 07:21 AM
I protest the egregious flaw in the clear path rule. It was instituted to stop the poster dunks from being prevented by trailing defenders on those leak out plays. Lonnie Walker is defending with Harden in front of him at the three arc and he fouls him as he's going past him in a pretty normal defensive setting and all the sudden it'd two free throws and the ball? Give me an f'ing break. That's not what that rule is there for.
It wouldn’t be a problem if only Forbes didn’t just jog instead of sprinted back

tbdog
12-04-2019, 08:06 AM
The thing is, they actually scored a 3 off the in bounds. If they count the 2 points, they have to remove the next play. They can't give the Rockets the dunk and the 3 pointer without the Spurs getting the ball back.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-04-2019, 08:11 AM
wow what a blown call. rockets should protest. get the spurs a moral victory and another L for the tank. win-win

ragas
12-04-2019, 08:37 AM
If I were the Spurs I would refuse to replay it.

And what happens if one of the main guys - say Walker - is injured when it's replayed?

Kermit
12-04-2019, 08:42 AM
The NBA laughing at the Rockets is how they get back into China’s good graces.

tbdog
12-04-2019, 08:42 AM
If I were the Spurs I would refuse to replay it.

And what happens if one of the main guys - say Walker - is injured when it's replayed?

Shaq was given a 6th foul when he should have had 5 with 90secs to go in a game. So they had to replay that last 90secs. But Shaq was actually traded by the time they replayed it.

But as I said, give Harden 2 then remove his 3.

ragas
12-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Shaq was given a 6th foul when he should have had 5 with 90secs to go in a game. So they had to replay that last 90secs. But Shaq was actually traded by the time they replayed it.

:dizzy I see no reason for replaying a game as long as it hasn't been canceled for - let's say - security reasons.

UZER
12-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Every team that plays the Rockets should protest when they lose with the way Harden gets free throws.

Dennis the Menace
12-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Every team that plays the Rockets should protest when they lose with the way Harden gets free throws.

RC_Drunkford
12-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Rockets got 2 points on what should've been a back court violation at the end of the 2nd quarter, so that cancels the dunk out

Genovaswitness
12-04-2019, 10:15 AM
rockets org and their “fans” are the worst in all of sports tbh. bunch of calculator holding virgins

UZER
12-04-2019, 10:16 AM
rockets org and their “fans” are the worst in all of sports tbh. bunch of calculator holding virgins

The tv and radio broadcasters have been bitching live on air for years, since the 90s.

Spurtacular
12-04-2019, 10:18 AM
It wouldn’t be a problem if only Forbes didn’t just jog instead of sprinted back

Still a total flaw in the rule. No reason not to fix it.

DJR210
12-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Pussiest organization in the NBA and arguably sports

exstatic
12-04-2019, 10:26 AM
There were TWO messed up plays where the Rockets scored, and should have had turnovers. On one play, a Rocket was just past half court, and pitched the ball back to RW, who hadn't established himself in the front court. Should have been over and back, and they scored. Late in the game, Harden came from out of bounds, and scored off of a rebound before establishing both feet in, and scored.

Moral of the story: save your challenge for something important.

Mugen
12-04-2019, 10:29 AM
The same loser fanbase that supports the biggest cheaters of the 21st century in the Astros, what a surprise they're crying now :lol

Arcadian
12-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Why the fuck would you erase 8 minutes of a game due to one event that didn't directly affect anything else in those 8 minutes? It's not even a case of the "butterfly effect" where changing that one event would lead to changing everything after it. Quite the opposite - in this case, it was a highly isolated event that had little to no effect on the game momentum or anything that happened after. :lol Dumbasses.

rjv
12-04-2019, 10:55 AM
jalen rose was laughing this morning at the rockets request for a spurs forfeited win or replaying the last 8 minutes of the game. he basically stated that bad calls happen, no way to say that the rockets would have won the game and the call was not the reason the rockets blew a 22 point lead. he basically shut up that douche greenberg who was hinting otherwise until rose shut him down with common sense.

ZeusWillJudge
12-04-2019, 10:58 AM
I hope the protest is successful because there's about 50 spurs games I can remember that should be replayed.

Did you see the .4 second shot to end regulation? Forbes caught, turned, and shot all in one motion and the clock STILL ran out before it was off his fingers.

There are a shitload of missed and blown calls in every game. Some worse than others. But the most fundamental part of the whole game is that when the little ball goes through the little ring, it scores points. The Spurs won the game, and there were some pretty obvious blown calls both directions. But it's a pretty fucked system that doesn't make sure that a ball going through the ring scores points. The good thing is that it will probably never happen again in our lifetimes.

GreekSpursfan
12-04-2019, 11:00 AM
It would set a precedent that would come back to bite the league. Lol at the rockets.

Texas_Ranger
12-04-2019, 11:01 AM
after the games there are reports from the refs or the league where they say what calls they fucked up. So is every team now gonna protest?

Fuck Houston and Harden. Can't wait to see that bitch get out of the playoffs yet again.

UZER
12-04-2019, 11:09 AM
I get the reason for replay, but once you open that Pandora’s box, it starts to get really ugly with if ands and buts scenarios all over the game. Plus it is making the games way too long.

I was at the point where I didn’t care who won in the second overtime. I just wanted the game to be over after seeing Lonnies break out.

Dverde
12-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Looks like a double header next time Lockets in town :lol

gameFACE
12-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Any news on the ruling? My money is on the Spurs. Only like $1 but still on the Spurs.

JohnnyMax
12-04-2019, 12:53 PM
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1202056289250996224

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 01:29 PM
I get the reason for replay, but once you open that Pandora’s box, it starts to get really ugly with if ands and buts scenarios all over the game. Plus it is making the games way too long.

I was at the point where I didn’t care who won in the second overtime. I just wanted the game to be over after seeing Lonnies break out.

That didn't exactly happen last time a game was replayed, tbh. Once the league made a decision to replay the final moments of that game over 11 years ago, it was replayed. The Pandora's box stuff is for us fans to ponder while the league will do what they want to do.

UZER
12-04-2019, 01:39 PM
That didn't exactly happen last time a game was replayed, tbh. Once the league made a decision to replay the final moments of that game over 11 years ago, it was replayed. The Pandora's box stuff is for us fans to ponder while the league will do what they want to do.

I meant going to the replay review, coaches challenges, etc. I didn’t mean actually replaying a protested game.

Mugen
12-04-2019, 01:42 PM
So if this shit happened in the first minute of a game, the Rockets are gonna be crying about replaying the entire game?

Points are taken away/put back in literally every single game, just because this one was particularly stupid doesn't entitle you to a replay of a 4th quarter where you blew a 15 point lead :lol

DAF86
12-04-2019, 02:01 PM
You just can't change the outcome of a game that was already played. And you definitely can't give the game lost to the Spurs. Who's to say the Spurs wouldn't have came back even if Harden's dunk counted? I guess you can play the game again, but I don't know how possible and reasonable that is.

The sensible thing for the NBA to do is to send an apology and fire the guy/s responsible for the fuck up.

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 02:12 PM
I meant going to the replay review, coaches challenges, etc. I didn’t mean actually replaying a protested game.

The same applies, though. The league only cares about fans opinions when it comes to the All Star game. Other than that, they could care less what we think about replay reviews, coaches challenges, etc.

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 02:17 PM
So if this shit happened in the first minute of a game, the Rockets are gonna be crying about replaying the entire game?

Points are taken away/put back in literally every single game, just because this one was particularly stupid doesn't entitle you to a replay of a 4th quarter where you blew a 15 point lead :lol

Yet a game was replayed 11 years ago so there is a precedent, however long ago that was. We're not out of the woods yet.

You just can't change the outcome of a game that was already played. And you definitely can't give the game lost to the Spurs. Who's to say the Spurs wouldn't have came back even if Harden's dunk counted? I guess you can play the game again, but I don't know how possible and reasonable that is.

The sensible thing for the NBA to do is to send an apology and fire the guy/s responsible for the fuck up.

Again, they have done it before. Why it hasn't happened more often, I don't know but it's not an impossibility, tbh.

phxspurfan
12-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Classic Rockettes

Mugen
12-04-2019, 02:22 PM
I hope they replay the game and Harden blows out his achilles tbh :lol

spurs10
12-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Rockets got 2 points on what should've been a back court violation at the end of the 2nd quarter, so that cancels the dunk out
Absolutely. Erase the Chandler dunk, a much more obvious bad call, and give it to Harden. I say the back court bad call was worse because it didn't take a slow motion camera to catch it.

Dex
12-04-2019, 02:33 PM
The same loser fanbase that supports the biggest cheaters of the 21st century in the Astros, what a surprise they're crying now :lol

Out of the loop here...what did the Astros do to cheat?

Budkin
12-04-2019, 02:36 PM

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/11/12/astros-sign-stealing-electronically

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 02:39 PM

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/11/12/astros-sign-stealing-electronically

Except the MLB won't strip the Astros of their title for that year but if something goes the Spurs way, it's fucking Armageddon that must be corrected ASAP. smh

Mugen
12-04-2019, 02:40 PM
As a Dodger fan, I'd love nothing more than to see every Houston sports franchise burn to the ground tbh :lol

gospursgojas
12-04-2019, 02:42 PM
:dizzy I see no reason for replaying a game as long as it hasn't been canceled for - let's say - security reasons.

Even then it may not be replayed. The Celts had a game cancelled after the marathon bombings and them and pacers said nah we good. Boston finished that season 41-40 and Pacers 49-32.

Mugen
12-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Yet a game was replayed 11 years ago so there is a precedent, however long ago that was. We're not out of the woods yet.

Again, they have done it before. Why it hasn't happened more often, I don't know but it's not an impossibility, tbh.

Wasn't that because the Hawks hometown scorekeepers intentionally fucked Shaq with an extra foul?

They replayed 50 seconds of that game, they'd have to replay almost a full quarter for this one. There were no challenges back then either.

The Rockets got hosed out of 2points last game but that wouldn't even compare to how much the NBA would be fucking the Spurs out of a 15 point comeback by disregarding 18 minuts of gampelay and forcing them to essentially replay most of a quarter.

That's a dangerous, dangerous precedent the NBA would be setting if they decide to replay the game.

Robz4000
12-04-2019, 02:50 PM
As a Dodger fan, I'd love nothing more than to see every Houston sports franchise burn to the ground tbh :lol

Gross

Mugen
12-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Gross

You're tellin' me, Robz. It sucks. :lol

Robz4000
12-04-2019, 02:57 PM
You're tellin' me, Robz. It sucks. :lol

Could be worse. You could be a Padres fan.

timvp
12-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Maybe the Spurs should protest Jordan's retirement and then the NBA can retroactively take away both of Houston's rings.

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Wasn't that because the Hawks hometown scorekeepers intentionally fucked Shaq with an extra foul?

They replayed 50 seconds of that game, they'd have to replay almost a full quarter for this one. There were no challenges back then either.

The Rockets got hosed out of 2points last game but that wouldn't even compare to how much the NBA would be fucking the Spurs out of a 15 point comeback by disregarding 18 minuts of gampelay and forcing them to essentially replay most of a quarter.

That's a dangerous, dangerous precedent the NBA would be setting if they decide to replay the game.

Hey, I hope you're right but it's apparent Silver and the league also want to protect its star players and keep them as happy as they can so it wouldn't surprise me if they end up doing this to us. Had it happened to Harden in a game against the Lakers, then no, it definitely wouldn't be reversed or replayed but this is us we're talking about and the league and sports media hate us.

Oh and yes, Shaq was taken off the game despite having only 5 fouls. So for them to replay the last moments of that game was a big thing because it's not like Shaq had clear points taken away from him as is the case with Harden's dunk. We'll see.

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 03:13 PM
If only Game 6 vs. the Thunderefs in the 2012 WCF could be reversed, tbh

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-04-2019, 03:18 PM
if they replay the game pop should send out a lineup of timmy manu tony becky and ledbetter to finish it

cd98
12-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Two random points during a game where you have a double digit lead with like 2 minutes left? I somehow don't think one blown call is the problem. But how many Ibaka goal tends have erased Spurs baskets over the years, including in playoff games? He literally blocks shots after they touch the backboard. No one is asking to replay those games. Sometimes we get mad at Pop for not complaining about refs, but I think this is much worse.

Maddog
12-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Maybe the Spurs should protest Jordan's retirement and then the NBA can retroactively take away both of Houston's rings.

I think you are on to something!

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 03:59 PM
if they replay the game pop should send out a lineup of timmy manu tony becky and ledbetter to finish it

The Geriatric and Arthritic Big 3 is still better than what we have now, tbh.

Chucho
12-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Send them a letter stating bad and missed calls and errors have happened in every sporting event since refereeing was birthed. They've installed another option for coaches and teams to help balance out human error. They're sorry for what happened but while the short-term L may sting, it will help make these systems better.

Anything else is just opening the door for everyone to bitch, moan and complain more.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-04-2019, 04:17 PM
I'm conflicted about whether I want the NBA to replay the game. On one hand we are two games away from the 8th seed so I should want the win. On the other hand, we are two games the other way from having the 3rd worst record in the league and securing us a top 4 pick.

Ultimately though... Fuck the Rockets. We can tank every other game :lol

emmo
12-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Apart from watching the Spurs win championships, watching D’Antoni get his ass handed to him time and time again has been my greatest NBA pleasure.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-04-2019, 04:40 PM
I'm conflicted about whether I want the NBA to replay the game. On one hand we are two games away from the 8th seed so I should want the win. On the other hand, we are two games the other way from having the 3rd worst record in the league and securing us a top 4 pick.

Ultimately though... Fuck the Rockets. We can tank every other game :lol

Apart from watching the Spurs win championships, watching D’Antoni get his ass handed to him time and time again has been my greatest NBA pleasure.

yes a near-perfect season (aside from a lobt) would be to tank so hard spurs get a top 4 pick — however while showing up to beat teams such as clippers, jazz, lakers, rockets

exstatic
12-04-2019, 06:17 PM

lilbthebasedgod
12-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Yeah it should be protested. There's lots of missed calls that doesn't mean you literally don't count a made basket.

GAustex
12-04-2019, 06:46 PM
McCullers and Morton dealing all over LAs stud left batters was truly awesome. I feel bad for Kershaw.

SpurPadre
12-04-2019, 07:28 PM
The league is taking a pretty long time to make a decision about this...

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2019, 07:30 PM
if forced to play that final 7mins 4th quarter again? might as well let them have it and improve the spurs draft pick, spurms is tanking right?

XDT76
12-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Did the ball clear the net? I thought it bounced back up?

Dex
12-04-2019, 07:43 PM

They're not going to come out and say they aren't going to review or overturn it, so the longer they say nothing, the better.

Mugen
12-04-2019, 07:44 PM

They released a L2M report, doubt they go through that trouble if they wanted to replay it :lol

Dex
12-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Did the ball clear the net? I thought it bounced back up?

Yes, it went through the net. The net caught it and looped it back around the top of the basket, but it cleared both hoop and net.

Genovaswitness
12-04-2019, 07:54 PM

There’s no decision to be made. Spurs won

Dex
12-04-2019, 09:34 PM

Robz4000
12-04-2019, 09:41 PM

We championship now !!!!

FkLA
12-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Why doesn't that dude do his job and ask Pop real questions instead of tweeting stupid shit?

Seventyniner
12-05-2019, 12:24 AM

:lol damn I needed that laugh

exstatic
12-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Yeah it should be protested. There's lots of missed calls that doesn't mean you literally don't count a made basket.

Happens frequently on missed goaltending calls.

Beartrucci
12-05-2019, 06:26 PM
I’ve honestly never hated the Rockets at all like a lot of Spurs fans...I now hate the Rockets after this shit :lol

baseline bum
12-05-2019, 06:57 PM
I hope they replay the game and Harden blows out his achilles tbh :lol

Not me, it would ruin the playoffs if I didn't get to see Harden be a worthless piece of shit in must win games after the media starts hyping it as being Houston's year again. Best part of last year was seeing them get curbstomped after Durant went down.

Beartrucci
12-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Rockets officially filing the protest...

FkLA
12-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Rockets officially filing the protest...

Can't wait for their tears after a replay is denied, tbh.

Dex
12-05-2019, 07:52 PM
https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/819/260/hi-res-33e3bd81ac1ab81be0aafac46566b35a_crop_north.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Ron Swanson
12-05-2019, 07:55 PM
The replay will be allowed and Harden will rupture his Achilles.

SpurPadre
12-05-2019, 07:56 PM
I’ve honestly never hated the Rockets at all like a lot of Spurs fans...I now hate the Rockets after this shit :lol

Still saints compared to Load Faggot Management and Lebron teams, tbh.

Chomag
12-05-2019, 08:32 PM
I would understand it a bit more had it been the last second point to win a game but it wasn't, they still had a 13 point lead...just a bunch of Bitches bitching.

DMC
12-05-2019, 08:35 PM
It was a bullshit call. No two ways about it, Harden was robbed.

ace3g
12-05-2019, 08:42 PM
https://twitter.com/jeskeets/status/1202422871521452032

SpurPadre
12-05-2019, 09:59 PM
https://twitter.com/jeskeets/status/1202422871521452032

Funny that the guy calling Lebron out is the same guy who violated 3 seconds every single fucking time and mostly got away with it.

Russo21
12-06-2019, 09:20 AM
D'Antoni fucked up plain and simple. First years of having this coaches challenge will bring some hiccups on all parts. If he officially asked for a review in time instead of crying it would have been overturned. D'Antoni fucked up by not officially challenging in time and it'll be something coaches may need to be more aware of in the future. Is there a gesture you need to make to challenge? Didn't D'Antoni have his hands in his pockets? Fail by the refs, fail by D'Antoni, all hail Lonnie.

exstatic
12-06-2019, 10:13 AM
D'Antoni fucked up plain and simple. First years of having this coaches challenge will bring some hiccups on all parts. If he officially asked for a review in time instead of crying it would have been overturned. D'Antoni fucked up by not officially challenging in time and it'll be something coaches may need to be more aware of in the future. Is there a gesture you need to make to challenge? Didn't D'Antoni have his hands in his pockets? Fail by the refs, fail by D'Antoni, all hail Lonnie.

Yup. You put your hand up with index finger extended, and move it in a horizontal circle.

If you think they're wrong, don't wait for their explanation. Ask for the review immediately, THEN talk to them about it. You only have 30 seconds to ask.

ZeusWillJudge
12-06-2019, 01:01 PM
They're not going to come out and say they aren't going to review or overturn it, so the longer they say nothing, the better.

I'm pretty sure they are going to have to make some kind of an announcement on this one. The Rockets protested on the one basis that has a chance to succeed: misapplication of the rules.

First, the Rockets are saying that failure to count the basket is a misapplication of the rules. I think that one is doomed, as it is really just a blown call.

But the other thing is that D'Antoni is claiming that the refs first said that it was goaltending and he replied, "I want to challenge that." Then, he claims, they talked it over and said it was just a ball out of bounds on the Rockets, and he claims he said, "Well I want to challenge that." The key is him saying that he immediately said "Challenge" and they ignored it in favor of a discussion. That really would be a misapplication of the rules. I don't know if he did or didn't, but it's a pretty good story.

This is going to play out exactly like I said. If the league thinks they need to uphold the challenge (politically), they are going to say that D'Antoni did request a challenge in time, but then the refs went to confer and his challenge was never acknowledged. And they will say that while the second time he challenged was too late, the first one should have been honored. If Silver wants to take action, that would give him cover. There are a lot of people screaming about a game hinging on not counting a made shot. The good news for Spurs fans is that there are also a lot of respected ex-players and other commentator saying, "It's a blown call, like any other blown call. Move along."

Ultimately, this is going to be decided by which answer Silver thinks will do the least damage to the league in the long run. The biggest thing working in the Spurs' favor, IMO, is that Silver has to worry if upholding this protest is going to bring a wave of new protests, and expectations that they will also be upheld. No matter how he defines it, teams will try to say that their protest is exactly like the one he already upheld.

But to be honest, if he is going to discourage future protests, they should just get rid of the process altogether. They have replay, and now they have coaches challenges. They should just get the committee to agree that from now on all games will be decided on the night they are played, and pass it as a rule. Better for everyone in the long run.

SpurPadre
12-06-2019, 02:02 PM
espn just did a story and they seem to think that the last 7 minutes and 50 seconds of the game has a decent chance of being replayed with the Rockets up 15, probably when they return to San Antonio on April 12th.

Russ
12-06-2019, 02:17 PM
espn just did a story and they seem to think that the last 7 minutes and 50 seconds of the game has a decent chance of being replayed with the Rockets up 15, probably when they return to San Antonio on April 12th.

Over four months later they replay 7 minutes?

Same refs? (How could they not be?)

Rain checks? (Is there some nonsense on the back of the ticket that allows this? Is there even the back of a ticket anymore?)

Stats? (Inquiring minds, and Lonnie's agent, want to know.)

Rosters? (Do the Spurs get to use guys they traded (or cut) months ago for another 7 minutes?)

Budkin
12-06-2019, 02:18 PM

I’m still skeptical of this. The game turned into one of the best of the whole season, and the NBA is not just going to erase it.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-06-2019, 02:34 PM
The houston rockets are the most baby-backed bitch of a franchise in the history of the league.

I'd be embarrassed if I were a rockets fan.

Dancelot
12-06-2019, 02:37 PM
I bet pop would just forfeit the game and I would totally back that.

ducks
12-06-2019, 03:07 PM

I expect it will not be now thanks

Genovaswitness
12-06-2019, 03:30 PM

Wishful thinking. Fuck ESPN

SpurSpike
12-06-2019, 03:32 PM
How is the missed call on the dunk any different than the missed back court that got rockets 2 points? They even themselves out, Rockets deserve the loss.

dbestpro
12-06-2019, 03:33 PM
I would refuse to play the 7 minute game and every game against the Rockets, thereafter until the NBA decided to leave it alone. I learned that from congress.

SpurSpike
12-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Plus don't coaches have to make a hand gesture to signal a coaches decision? I doubt that pringles made those gestures (if at all) in the 30 seconds allowed.

manufan10
12-06-2019, 03:40 PM

manufan10
12-06-2019, 03:40 PM

NASpurs
12-06-2019, 03:44 PM

"and will have to prove "clear evidence" that the outcome of the game was affected by the play in question to succeed"

So it's not going to happen. Good to know, let's move on.

diego
12-06-2019, 03:46 PM
I'm pretty sure they are going to have to make some kind of an announcement on this one. The Rockets protested on the one basis that has a chance to succeed: misapplication of the rules.

First, the Rockets are saying that failure to count the basket is a misapplication of the rules. I think that one is doomed, as it is really just a blown call.

But the other thing is that D'Antoni is claiming that the refs first said that it was goaltending and he replied, "I want to challenge that." Then, he claims, they talked it over and said it was just a ball out of bounds on the Rockets, and he claims he said, "Well I want to challenge that." The key is him saying that he immediately said "Challenge" and they ignored it in favor of a discussion. That really would be a misapplication of the rules. I don't know if he did or didn't, but it's a pretty good story.

This is going to play out exactly like I said. If the league thinks they need to uphold the challenge (politically), they are going to say that D'Antoni did request a challenge in time, but then the refs went to confer and his challenge was never acknowledged. And they will say that while the second time he challenged was too late, the first one should have been honored. If Silver wants to take action, that would give him cover. There are a lot of people screaming about a game hinging on not counting a made shot. The good news for Spurs fans is that there are also a lot of respected ex-players and other commentator saying, "It's a blown call, like any other blown call. Move along."

Ultimately, this is going to be decided by which answer Silver thinks will do the least damage to the league in the long run. The biggest thing working in the Spurs' favor, IMO, is that Silver has to worry if upholding this protest is going to bring a wave of new protests, and expectations that they will also be upheld. No matter how he defines it, teams will try to say that their protest is exactly like the one he already upheld.

But to be honest, if he is going to discourage future protests, they should just get rid of the process altogether. They have replay, and now they have coaches challenges. They should just get the committee to agree that from now on all games will be decided on the night they are played, and pass it as a rule. Better for everyone in the long run.
Of all I've read on this, the bottom line is that the only argument for the rockets is that their challenge/ review was rejected against procedure. Unfortunately I don't think anyone is clear on what that procedure is; afaik, you can't challenge a no call (which this basically was since the refs didn't validate the basket or call interference); not sure if rockets had a challenge available as I've read conflicting reports; and again afaik, the green siren should have been on but it wasn't. So it's really difficult to say if they formally challenged the call or if they were even allowed to do so in these circumstances

If the issue were only that the refs had made an egregious error by not seeing the made basket, then logically, had the spurs lost they could protest that the game was tainted by the refs incompetence :lol I think at this point everyone understands that baskets have to be validated and are no different than out of bounds or over and backs, black and white rules that are still dependent on refs' eyes functioning properly, and that replaying on those grounds would be absurd and untenable.

So the issue here is that the challenge system has been poorly implemented, it's scope and procedures are not well thought out and teams, fans, media don't know what's what.

PS. Probably the most pertinent punishment/change I found suggested, is that the nets have to be properly checked before/mid game and that the spurs should receive a fine for the tightness of the net that whipped the ball back over. Personally, I think replay is ruining sports, there are always obscure limitations on what can and can't be checked and even when they do check they still make mistakes, I'd rather have a mistake, quickly, with the ref having the benefit of the doubt, than a drawn out process that makes it even more insulting when they get it wrong.

ducks
12-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Can the spurs protest over the none over the back call end of the third ?

DPG21920
12-06-2019, 04:26 PM

Nope

Genovaswitness
12-06-2019, 04:54 PM

Rockets good spurs bad. Get with the program

Budkin
12-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Not happening.

Seventyniner
12-06-2019, 05:12 PM
One case for rejecting Houston's appeal is that their win probability was only affected a small amount by the blown call. They probably went from something like a 90% chance of winning to 89%.

The Spurs/Lakers replay, on the other hand, was a much bigger swing, as with other late-game replays.

I think replaying this would set a terrible precedent. The league should look into changing the rules so that something like this won't happen again, but replaying 8 minutes of a game is not the way to go imo.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-06-2019, 05:20 PM
Nope

I think the Spurs actually get to file a response as part of this, as I understand it. In which case, they can just submit the blown backcourt violation and point out the two points there that make it a wash.

SpurSpike
12-06-2019, 05:24 PM
I think the Spurs actually get to file a response as part of this, as I understand it. In which case, they can just submit the blown backcourt violation and point out the two points there that make it a wash.

Yes the Spurs better not be lazy about this, it could cost them if they don't bring this equally shitty blown call to light.

spurs10
12-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Yes the Spurs better not be lazy about this, it could cost them if they don't bring this equally shitty blown call to light. Surely they will. Also there is a play where Harden was out of bounds on an offensive rebound in which they scored. So it was a 4 point spread in the Rockets favor along with the obvious backcourt violation.

KayBee
12-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Amen. D’Antoni has been a bitch since day 1. OG Pop should say hell no. Bullshit.

JeffDuncan
12-06-2019, 08:18 PM
The Rockets can prove it was a blown call, but they cannot prove it was decisive to the outcome of the game. I mean, they can't prove it was the primary factor in the Rockets' loss. Too much else happened before the end of the game.

DPG21920
12-06-2019, 08:24 PM

For sure - just saying they couldn’t launch their own official protest like HOU based on that particular missed call

Chomag
12-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Agreed, if Rockets can show this blown call Spurs can just submit all the other blown calls that resulted in points, do they not see the all redundancy that this would create?? This is all silliness!

Spurs 4 The Win
12-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Look it was a meaningless 2 points at a point when Rockets had a big lead. It didnt happen in the final minute and have a clear impact on the game. The game may have played out entirely differently where we win in regulation if the bucket had counted. We may have lost by 30 also. Who the fuck knows. It didnt have a clear impact on them winning/losing, it was just 2 meaningless points.

dbestpro
12-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Barnes is too big for Pops small ball.

tholdren
12-06-2019, 10:11 PM
Agreed, if Rockets can show this blown call Spurs can just submit all the other blown calls that resulted in points, do they not see the all redundancy that this would create?? This is all silliness!

They should just shoot for it. Ball dont lie

cd98
12-07-2019, 08:56 AM
I just noticed something from watching the video again. After Harden initially dunks it, he turns over his shoulder and sees the ball around the rim and runs after the ball appearing to show that he, himself, thought he missed the dunk. His reaction is highly likely to have contributed to the conclusion that he missed the dunk.

Dex
12-07-2019, 11:53 AM
This is going to come down to application of the review rules.

Yes, the ball went through and the Rockets should have gotten two points and that would have affected the score and the game. The Rockets have already acknowledged that and the NBA understands that...they are obviously seeking further justification to just wipe 77 other points scored off the board because of those missed 2 points.

As for review, refs can only initiate review of a field goal themselves for two reasons: to review a shot at the buzzer (shot clock or end of quarter), or to review whether a shot was a two or three. So that doesn't apply here, refs couldn't initiate their own review at the next timeout according to the rules.

The real question here is the coaches challenge. Did D'Antoni request a challenge, and did he do it within the first 30 seconds? According to Pringles, he did ask them to review it...so it's going to come down to when and how he made that request, and if the league feels that the referees unfairly denied it.

wave
12-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Anyone else remember that crazy pass of Manu's that swished in and people thought it missed the basket? They reviewed that one because the players/team said it went in. I keep wondering how that case was different than this.

ducks
12-07-2019, 06:56 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-gregg-popovich-fires-back-at-rockets-protesting-their-loss-to-san-antonio/?fbclid=IwAR26zzSjOP3JOWsHJZaytTX1bhqpda9ROB03v52n XfEem4yaM3qTqn2eUlY

Pop responds amazing he talks spurs instead of other stuff

exstatic
12-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Anyone else remember that crazy pass of Manu's that swished in and people thought it missed the basket? They reviewed that one because the players/team said it went in. I keep wondering how that case was different than this.

Players and refs liked Manu. They hate Harden.

Chinook
12-08-2019, 01:04 PM

There wasn't a challenge system then.

BillMc
12-08-2019, 01:57 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/spurs-news-gregg-popovich-fires-back-at-rockets-protesting-their-loss-to-san-antonio/?fbclid=IwAR26zzSjOP3JOWsHJZaytTX1bhqpda9ROB03v52n XfEem4yaM3qTqn2eUlY

Pop responds amazing he talks spurs instead of other stuff

Nice find my man.

I like this image. Pop torturing D'Antoni until the end of time. Like Sean Connery and Alex Trebek on the old SNL Will Ferrell Jeopardy skits.

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Gregg_Popovich_reacts_to_Rockets_protesting_their_ loss_to_San_Antonio.jpg

wave
12-08-2019, 03:53 PM
There wasn't a challenge system then.
Right, so did previously reviewable things become non-reviewable with the challenge system? Doesn't seem right since they only get one challenge...

Chinook
12-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Right, so did previously reviewable things become non-reviewable with the challenge system? Doesn't seem right since they only get one challenge...

It's just that now that there's a list of some things that are reviewable, things that aren't on the list won't count. The NFL went through a similar thing when they were getting challenges too. People would watch the film and correct really egregious stuff (like the official's calling the end of a game even though there was time left on the clock). Without people having to throw red flags or anything like that. Now that there's that system in place, they only fix things in the specific circumstances dictated by the rules. If you left the free-flowing reviews run along with challenges, you open yourself up to issues where the refs' judgment can play an even bigger factor. Like imagine some officials giving coaches "extra" reviews because they're more lenient or whatever. You wouldn't know what you need to burn your challenge on until you try it.

Really, the refs just missed the basket. It sucks, but had they ruled it missed and said that's not challengeable, they could have probably defended the ruling. Then the league could have made it challengeable with an emergency rule, and we could have moved on. Had they called it goaltending and just stuck with that, they could have let the normal challenge rules run as normal, everyone would be happy. Instead, they muddied it up at the time and may have made it worse after the fact. First year of this new concept though. They'll figure it out.

MultiTroll
12-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Review system: Joke.

Why not just have it just like we do at home. Replay shown within seconds. Easy clear to see call. Phone it in immediately and move the f on.

Corrupt pro sports is a joke when it comes to fairness.

CGD
12-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Pops response was spot on. Sucks it happened, but let’s not pretend that That one play was determinative of what ended up being (yet another) choke job by the Hardens.

And if that the argument, let Lonnie re-shoot that last free through he intentionally missed to end the game.

SpurPadre
12-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Pop didn't have that take when 0.4 happened, tbh.

ismael-robert
12-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Sorry just jumping in but has anyone commented on when harden came from out of bounds behind backboard n was first to loose rebound before establishing both feet inbounds...think that resulted in pts too

MoSpur02
12-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Per Shams, the NBA has DENIED Houston regarding their protest.

Ron Swanson
12-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Go fuck yourselves, Rockets.

Genovaswitness
12-09-2019, 04:23 PM
lol @ the scholars on here typing 8 pages of debate on whether or not this shit was gonna get replayed. DENIED

Degoat
12-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Suck Failure rockets lmao

cd98
12-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Pringles should know the league is always going to do Pop right over a D'Antoni led team.

phxspurfan
12-09-2019, 04:51 PM
D'Antoni teams still overvaluing regular season wins.

Dex
12-09-2019, 04:52 PM

Interesting...so the NBA did confirm that the refs even misapplied the challenge rule, and still denied the replay.

LOL Silver straight up just called out the Rockets for choking.

Dex
12-09-2019, 04:53 PM
lol @ the scholars on here typing 8 pages of debate on whether or not this shit was gonna get replayed. DENIED

But we are all just a bunch of Pop acolytes and the NBA is surely going to run to the defense of the poor Rockets. :lol

wave
12-09-2019, 09:04 PM
It's just that now that there's a list of some things that are reviewable, things that aren't on the list won't count. The NFL went through a similar thing when they were getting challenges too. People would watch the film and correct really egregious stuff (like the official's calling the end of a game even though there was time left on the clock). Without people having to throw red flags or anything like that. Now that there's that system in place, they only fix things in the specific circumstances dictated by the rules. If you left the free-flowing reviews run along with challenges, you open yourself up to issues where the refs' judgment can play an even bigger factor. Like imagine some officials giving coaches "extra" reviews because they're more lenient or whatever. You wouldn't know what you need to burn your challenge on until you try it.

Really, the refs just missed the basket. It sucks, but had they ruled it missed and said that's not challengeable, they could have probably defended the ruling. Then the league could have made it challengeable with an emergency rule, and we could have moved on. Had they called it goaltending and just stuck with that, they could have let the normal challenge rules run as normal, everyone would be happy. Instead, they muddied it up at the time and may have made it worse after the fact. First year of this new concept though. They'll figure it out.

Got it, thanks.

Budkin
12-09-2019, 09:39 PM
LOLCKETS