PDA

View Full Version : 'He wanted me to admit that Danny Green and Ginobili was better than me in front of the whole team to help their confidence going into the playoffs"

emanueldavidginobili
12-06-2019, 09:54 AM
B5s1cAKpg1E

exstatic
12-06-2019, 09:55 AM
Bitch made.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-06-2019, 10:00 AM
Shitmouth is louder than ever now that the Spurs are struggling. Still salty as fuck :spin

exstatic
12-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Ginobili is a sure fire HOF selection, and Green went on to set a (then) Finals record of 29 made 3s in the first Miami series. They WERE better than Captain Ass.

Chinook
12-06-2019, 10:14 AM
I can see him bristling at Green even though Danny was better. But Manu is and has always been better than Jack. Also my guess was that Jack wanted more minutes and said so publicly.

SpursDynasty85
12-06-2019, 10:21 AM
He forgot to mention that he was spending all his time in practice trying to humiliate them in front of the team and the coaching staff before this.

timtonymanu
12-06-2019, 10:23 AM
And they both were. Lol. Thinking he's on the level of a hall of famer and Danny, who is still very much a starter in today's NBA.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-06-2019, 10:32 AM
If only he had had the 3 point shooting of OKC 2012 game 6 the entire run....

Russ
12-06-2019, 10:51 AM
This is old, really old, news . . .

That quote has been recycled more than [fill in the blank].

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Whatever.....

timvp
12-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Going back to the well once again to try to get listeners for his podcast. Can't knock the hustle, tbh.

widowmaker
12-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Damn still hanging on to that? Must be going broke or something, i got some spare change in my center console send him my way.

RD2191
12-06-2019, 11:50 AM
I mean I wouldn't admit it either. Fuck Pop tbh. In before he asks Lonnie to admit Mills is better than him. :lol

Trill Clinton
12-06-2019, 11:51 AM
I don't believe a word from Stak5's mouth. Dude has turned into an attention whore over the years.

RC_Drunkford
12-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Green and Ginobili were definitely better than him at that point. Manu was always better than him period. But Captain Jack might be one of the most underrated role players ever, he was a beast in clutch moments. Also we've seen this movie too often. Pop playing Beli over Walker is the most recent example.

Chucho
12-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Green and Ginobili were definitely better than him at that point. Manu was always better than him period. But Captain Jack might be one of the most underrated players ever, he was a beast in clutch moments. Also we've seen this movie too often. Pop playing Beli over Walker is the most recent example.

Ever??!?! :rollin

cd98
12-06-2019, 12:04 PM
So wait, Manu had 3 titles by the time he got back and Manu needed more confidence by hearing Jackson say that he was a better player? Does he even know what he is saying? And do you really think Pop would demean a player by calling the whole team in and making that one player tell everyone that two of the players on the team are better than him? Even if Pop wanted to do that, he knows there is no way Jackson (or really 3/4ths of the NBA players) would ever do that.

Chinook
12-06-2019, 12:12 PM
McGrady got more minutes than Jack would've gotten.

r0drig0lac
12-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Whatever.....

SpurSpike
12-06-2019, 12:30 PM
Honestly i don't see anything wrong with his reaction. Who would want to say that someone else is better than you in front of a whole team, that's a cuck metality. He isn't really dissing pop he just has some pride and understood that this was Pops way of saying your outa here. Perhaps pop should have been more straight with him or maybe pop said this jokingly to him who knows, I wouldn't put this past being part of Pops dry humor. He seems to imply that him and Pop had a good relationship and that Pop just didn't know how else to tell him.

Arcadian
12-06-2019, 12:39 PM
For a guy who won his only ring with SA, you'd think he would be more grateful.

Leetonidas
12-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Does this retard ever stfu or is he constantly living in the past? Spurs made this losers career and made him a champion. Annoying how he always finds a way to talk smack about them years later. And DG and Manu especially were definitely better than Jack in 2013

RC_Drunkford
12-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Ever??!?! :rollin

ok I forgot the word "role" :lol

Clipper Nation
12-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Just another sign of Pop putting his own ego ahead of what's best for the team, tbh. Of course Jackson wasn't better than Manu, but making him admit that in front of his teammates goes against the competitive mindset and self-confidence that pro athletes are supposed to have.

Chucho
12-06-2019, 01:17 PM
Just another sign of Pop putting his own ego ahead of what's best for the team, tbh. Of course Jackson wasn't better than Manu, but making him admit that in front of his teammates goes against the competitive mindset and self-confidence that pro athletes are supposed to have.

Was this story every corroborated by anyone on that roster?

And, the irony of you talking about people putting themselves before the team...that's the story of your franchise player, bruh. :lol

Dverde
12-06-2019, 01:24 PM
More telling how fragile Danny Green is IMO. Pop trying to pump him up. You know Manu don’t give a shit about it. He also left out how terrible he played that year and that was why TMac was coming in.

Chinook
12-06-2019, 01:37 PM
More telling how fragile Danny Green is IMO. Pop trying to pump him up. You know Manu don’t give a shit about it. He also left out how terrible he played that year and that was why TMac was coming in.

Green isn't fragile, at least not in terms of ego on the court. One of the many reasons why Danny's had a WAAYY better career than Jack in pretty much every metric.

hater
12-06-2019, 02:06 PM
spursfans salty as hell

Jax trolling them mofos hard :lol

DJR210
12-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Too bad he wasn't killed during the strip club incident tbh

ElNono
12-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Too bad he wasn't killed during the strip club incident tbh

Is that what they call the Palace of Auburn Hills? :lol

UZER
12-06-2019, 04:32 PM
What is wrong with Jax believing he is better? Maybe that’s what keeps him confident. Why does Pop need him to admit that I’m front of everyone?

BatManu20
12-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Captain Jack doing whatever he can to bring in listeners to his podcast tbh. You can’t knock the hustle, even if he is clearly wrong here.

GAustex
12-06-2019, 04:44 PM
Jack could guard Dirk so that made him useful.

wildbill2u
12-06-2019, 04:48 PM
I can see Pop talking privately to Jax about admitting to himself that other players were better for the roster that they had with him included. Pop has never asked a player to humiliate himself before his players. If Jax was a disruptive player, demanding more minutes than he was worth, he deserved to get a private talk. I don't believe this happened.

DJR210
12-06-2019, 05:22 PM

:lol.. not the Malice at the Palace.. When he got run over and his field goal post teeth knocked out

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=2615124

Down Under
12-06-2019, 05:53 PM
He's said this like 20 times since he got cut. Why would Ginobili need confidence?

TDMVPDPOY
12-06-2019, 06:02 PM
the year teh okc made the finals, that shouldve been the spurs, had fkn patfo utilized his wing rotation better, fkn he had 4 guys who were above avg defenders, yet he never had 2 on at the same time to keep the defense honest, instead he trots out 1 defender with 1 player who plays no lick of defense...no wonder why we loss in 6 backdoor sweep

Amuseddaysleeper
12-06-2019, 06:27 PM
It sucks cuz I LOVED SJax during 2003, was beyond devastated when he left for the Hawks that summer. Was happy when he came back and hit 6 threes in game 6 vs OKC but as of now...fuck this guy

cd98
12-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Meh, the guy never was voted an all-star or an all-NBA player and his biggest accomplishment was hitting some threes against Dallas one year, which was made possible by having Tim on his team and Dallas leaving him wide open. Manu is an all time player and he has the votes to prove it. So Jackson is just coming off as bitter.

That said, do you think he will attend Manu's HOF induction? What about Tony Parker's HOF induction?

SayTown
12-06-2019, 07:39 PM
the year teh okc made the finals, that shouldve been the spurs, had fkn patfo utilized his wing rotation better, fkn he had 4 guys who were above avg defenders, yet he never had 2 on at the same time to keep the defense honest, instead he trots out 1 defender with 1 player who plays no lick of defense...no wonder why we loss in 6 backdoor sweep

It wouldn't have mattered anyways the fix was in, there were so many horrendous calls such as when Cap'n Jack caught fire and looked at the OKC bench after he hit another three and then he got T'd up.

BillMc
12-06-2019, 08:15 PM
:clap:lmao

BillMc
12-06-2019, 08:16 PM
That said, do you think he will attend Manu's HOF induction? What about Tony Parker's HOF induction?
No

UZER
12-06-2019, 08:29 PM
It wouldn't have mattered anyways the fix was in, there were so many horrendous calls such as when Cap'n Jack caught fire and looked at the OKC bench after he hit another three and then he got T'd up.

Yeah this was one the worst officiated games I can remember. The Spurs players were as vocal about the officiating (as far as the spurs go) as I can remember after that game.

BlackAndWhite
12-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Honestly the whole series was reffed very poorly. Watching the spurs lose game 6 in 2012 was more painful than the game 6 vs the Heat

DJR210
12-06-2019, 11:41 PM
It sucks cuz I LOVED SJax during 2003, was beyond devastated when he left for the Hawks that summer. Was happy when he came back and hit 6 threes in game 6 vs OKC but as of now...fuck this guy

He's always been a fucking idiot.. he signed for less to go play for ATL and never tasted glory again :lol

DJR210
12-06-2019, 11:42 PM
Watching the spurs lose game 6 in 2012 was more painful than the game 6 vs the Heat

Yeah I remember jotting down the ref activity for kicks and they completely neutralized any chance the Spurs had to get something going in the final 6 mins of that game

UZER
12-06-2019, 11:46 PM
He's always been a fucking idiot.. he signed for less to go play for ATL and never tasted glory again :lol

Dude got paid by the Pacers. It was a smart move by him to get the big payday. Smart because he didn’t get hurt, but it worked out.

DJR210
12-06-2019, 11:50 PM
Dude got paid by the Pacers. It was a smart move by him to get the big payday. Smart because he didn’t get hurt, but it worked out.

With his competitive drive he could have played for something and still made out with a nice extension with SA.. don't remember the terms of the deal SA offered him, but it was more than the one year he parlayed into the Pacers contract

UZER
12-06-2019, 11:57 PM
With his competitive drive he could have played for something and still made out with a nice extension with SA.. don't remember the terms of the deal SA offered him, but it was more than the one year he parlayed into the Pacers contract

Yeah he took the one year pay cut hoping for a bigger payday the following year and it worked out. He made more than he ever would’ve with the Spurs.

I always thought Jax toughness was a big part of the loss to the Lakers the following year.

bluebellmaniac
12-07-2019, 12:13 AM
Meh, the guy never was voted an all-star or an all-NBA player and his biggest accomplishment was hitting some threes against Dallas one year, which was made possible by having Tim on his team and Dallas leaving him wide open. Manu is an all time player and he has the votes to prove it. So Jackson is just coming off as bitter.

Only if he has tickets.

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:27 AM

I highly doubt he'll be invited to either possibly not even Timmy's induction, TBH. He's burned his bridge as badly Nephew.

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:31 AM
Yeah he took the one year pay cut hoping for a bigger payday the following year and it worked out. He made more than he ever would’ve with the Spurs.

I always thought Jax toughness was a big part of the loss to the Lakers the following year.

No, replacing him with an "unconfident," petrified Hedo Turkoglu cost the Spurs in '04. If they had found a comparable player that was unafraid and capable of making high pressure shots they likely beat the Lakers in '04.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:34 AM
If you watch the video, Captain Jack is saying it was an act of respect to get him to cut himself so the Spurs didn't have to and he could save face. But where this breaks down for me is that they wanted to bring in T-Mac who really wasn't better than him? It doesn't add up.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:35 AM
No, replacing him with an "unconfident," petrified Hedo Turkoglu cost the Spurs in '04. If they had found a comparable player that was unafraid and capable of making high pressure shots they likely beat the Lakers in '04.

The clock operator cost them in 04, tbh.

But I do agree it was a mistake to let Jackson go, though I'm not throwing any shade at Hedo. Love Hedo.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:38 AM
I highly doubt he'll be invited to either possibly not even Timmy's induction, TBH. He's burned his bridge as badly Nephew.

Depends on if Tim likes him that much or not. It's his induction.

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:39 AM
The clock operator cost them in 04, tbh.

But I do agree it was a mistake to let Jackson go, though I'm not throwing any shade at Hedo. Love Hedo.

No, Parker, Horry & Turkoglu going cold or playing scared lost them the series.

That play was the pivotal moment but there was still another game played after. Turkoglu was a terrible fit and replacement for Jackson's arrogant, bitter ass. Too bad he didn't play like his time in Orlando where he had a lot more confidence and sense of what he could do in the NBA. Oh well......

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:42 AM
Depends on if Tim likes him that much or not. It's his induction.

I doubt he'd invite someone who has bad mouthed his coach and two most important teammates (beside David Robinson).

Yeah, cause I recall seeing Jackson at Tim's jersey retirement ceremony. Oh wait.....

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:45 AM
No, Parker, Horry & Turkoglu going cold or playing scared lost them the series.

That play was the pivotal moment but there was still another game played after. Turkoglu was a terrible fit and replacement for Jackson's arrogant, bitter ass. Too bad he didn't play like his time in Orlando where he had a lot more confidence and sense of what he could do in the NBA. Oh well......

Pop started a struggling Hedo in all six games of that series; and he gave him more minutes than Manu in Games 3 and 4 as the Lakers evened the series. He was a real brilliant coach back then, too.

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:47 AM
If you watch the video, Captain Jack is saying it was an act of respect to get him to cut himself so the Spurs didn't have to and he could save face. But where this breaks down for me is that they wanted to bring in T-Mac who really wasn't better than him? It doesn't add up.

No, you idiot. He's trying to lay blame on the Spurs (and Pop) for why things ended here so poorly just like he did in Milwaukee, Charlotte, Indiana & Golden State.

He was likely cut because he was causing friction and complaining about playing time and his lack of a role. Anyone that would believe that a pro coach would ask a player to admit a teammate is better than him (in front of the entire team) is beyond stupid.

Like others have stated, Green & Ginobili (even in '13 & '14) were both far and away better than washed up Stephen Jackson.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:47 AM
I doubt he'd invite someone who has bad mouthed his coach and two most important teammates (beside David Robinson).

Yeah, cause I recall seeing Jackson at Tim's jersey retirement ceremony. Oh wait.....

Well, he might not want to sh** on his little buddy; but I doubt there's animosity there otherwise. I don't recall Jackson throwing shade at Timmy.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:48 AM
No, you idiot. He's trying to lay blame on the Spurs (and Pop) for why things ended here so poorly just like he did in Milwaukee, Charlotte, Indiana & Golden State.

He was likely cut because he was causing friction and complaining about playing time and his lack of a role. Anyone that would believe that a pro coach would ask a player to admit a teammate is better than him (in front of the entire team) is beyond stupid.

Like others have stated, Green & Ginobili (even in '13 & '14) were both far and away better than washed up Stephen Jackson.

Watch the video again. Take some Tylenol for your mensies or something.

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:52 AM
Pop started a struggling Hedo in all six games of that series; and he gave him more minutes than Manu in Games 3 and 4 as the Lakers evened the series. He was a real brilliant coach back then, too.

Who else was he gonna go to idiot (other than playing Manu less minutes in two games)?

I know context isn't your strength (or logic, rationality, intelligence, etc.) but Hedo was a top 5 or 6 player on the team and a key piece (in theory). Anyone he would have turned to likely would have been worse even with how poorly Turkoglu played.

Anyway, why are you attempting to rehash something from 15 years ago?

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:52 AM
Watch the video again. Take some Tylenol for your mensies or something.

You are just stupid, I understand.

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:54 AM
Well, he might not want to sh** on his little buddy; but I doubt there's animosity there otherwise. I don't recall Jackson throwing shade at Timmy.

You truly are dumb as fuck! LMAO

SMDH

I'm done going back and forth with you, man......

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:54 AM
You are just stupid, I understand.

SJ said it was a ploy to get him to cut himself so that he could save face as the Spurs brought in T-Mac. That's clear as day. Seriously, rewatch the fucking video if you even watched it at all.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:55 AM
You truly are dumb as fuck! LMAO

SMDH

I'm done going back and forth with you, man......

Take some meds; breathe; relax. Geez, you're taking this shit way to seriously.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:57 AM
Who else was he gonna go to idiot (other than playing Manu less minutes in two games)?

I know context isn't your strength (or logic, rationality, intelligence, etc.) but Hedo was a top 5 or 6 player on the team and a key piece (in theory). Anyone he would have turned to likely would have been worse even with how poorly Turkoglu played.

Anyway, why are you attempting to rehash something from 15 years ago?

Okay, so Pop should've stuck with Hedo playing like sh** is now what you're arguing. I honestly don't need to counter your arguments if you're just gonna shit on yourself. :lmao

Rosewood
12-07-2019, 01:32 PM
He's better than Danny, but he's never been better than Manu.

BillMc
12-07-2019, 01:38 PM
He's better than Danny, but he's never been better than Manu.

2013 Sjax was atrocious. Danny was better on both sides of the ball. People seem to forget how far Sjax had fallen by that point.

Agree, of course, on Manu. He never was better than Manu even in SJax's brief prime.

Dirks_Finale
12-07-2019, 01:57 PM
His argument was Pop barely played him during the year and when he did it was sporadic which did not allow him to get in rhythm. So basically the entire season was a hit job on him to later sign Tmac or whoever else.

But i don't buy it. He played for the Clippers the following year and was ass for them too. I think he is just salty he was not a part of the final 2 finals teams that the Spurs had.

2013 Sjax was atrocious. Danny was better on both sides of the ball. People seem to forget how far Sjax had fallen by that point.

Agree, of course, on Manu. He never was better than Manu even in SJax's brief prime.

Chinook
12-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Jack was a career net-negative, empty-calories player. He was a worse version of DeRozan.

boutons_deux
12-07-2019, 02:23 PM
His career 3G %age? 33.3% what a gunner

I remember one commentator, something like "Jackson helps both teams"

boutons_deux
12-07-2019, 02:57 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jacksst02.html

SJ's mouth is much bigger than his game and career

superbigtime
12-07-2019, 03:01 PM
a dumbass AND a liar

mienhmario
12-07-2019, 03:34 PM
a dumbass AND a liar

2013, SJ was great on offense. He seemed to always made timely basket when the team is struggling to get a bucket, but he suc on defense by allowing his man to blow by him on some occasion...unlike Demar and Bryn, which seems to be all the time lol.

2013 Manu struggled really bad. That was prolly one of the worst season i've seen Manu struggled. He missed timely basket and made costly turnovers when it matters down the stretch. 2009-2012 does not count since he was in and out of the lineup often.

2013 Green was great on defense but was terrible on offense. That seemed to be the same issue to this day lol.

So, SJ was correct on being better than Manu and Green. His offense was lighting opponents up. But, he should never gotten cut. He would helped us overcome 2013 Heat.

BillMc
12-07-2019, 04:04 PM
2013, SJ was great on offense.

No. He was terrible on offense shooting 37% from the field and 27% from 3

2012–13 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_NBA_season)
San Antonio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_San_Antonio_Spurs_season)

Meanwhile, Danny shot 45% from the field and 43% from 3

San Antonio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_San_Antonio_Spurs_season)

And Manu shot 43% from the field and 35% from 3

J_Paco
12-08-2019, 05:24 PM
His argument was Pop barely played him during the year and when he did it was sporadic which did not allow him to get in rhythm. So basically the entire season was a hit job on him to later sign Tmac or whoever else.

But i don't buy it. He played for the Clippers the following year and was ass for them too. I think he is just salty he was not a part of the final 2 finals teams that the Spurs had.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Stupidtacular is too moronic to understand that Jackson was a malcontent (just like in every other NBA stop he made) that likely bristled about lack of playing time and a major role.

Rosewood
12-08-2019, 08:47 PM

Agree, of course, on Manu. He never was better than Manu even in SJax's brief prime. Oh yeah, at that point Danny was better, but Sjax prime was far beyond Danny ever was. I know that isn't the point, but still is the truth.

Chinook
12-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah, at that point Danny was better, but Sjax prime was far beyond Danny ever was. I know that isn't the point, but still is the truth.

Yeah... no.

Prime Jack was a chucker and a major net-negative. Dude lived off his rep more than any other former Spur. Danny had multiple years better than Jack's best year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Stephen+Jackson&player_id1_select=Stephen+Jackson&y1=2009&player_id1=jacksst02&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Danny+Green&player_id2_select=Danny+Green&y2=2015&player_id2=greenda02&idx=players

Unless you exclusively mean that Jack scored more points than Green did and on horrible efficiency, he was far below Green, not far beyond.

It always amazes me how some of the same people can hate DeRozan for posting empty stats and fetishize guys like Jack who messed up their teams on and off the court year in and year out.

ElNono
12-08-2019, 09:39 PM
I always liked Jax more for nostalgia than anything else, tbh... and he can say whatever, I'll be always thankful for the '03 ship, he was a huge part of it.

Keepin' it real
12-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Amazing breaking news. This will be the lead on ESPN all week!!!

lefty
12-08-2019, 10:38 PM
I always liked Jax more for nostalgia than anything else, tbh... and he can say whatever, I'll be always thankful for the '03 ship, he was a huge part of it.
Unlike Porker tbh

ElNono
12-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Unlike Porker tbh

yup... same thing with Speedy Claxton, tbh...

tmtcsc
12-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Complete bullshit. Sjax was busted by Tim's Private Investigator having a sexual tryst with his then wife - Amy. The P.I. had been monitoring her in advance of Tim's filing for divorce so that he could have a favorable opportunity to keep custody of his kids. --> which I believe he accomplished. Most people know by now they split because she was cheating on him with her trainer but few knew she was also messing with Jackson. Jackson & his wife were friends with Tim and Amy. So much for that.

Tim had no love for Amy anymore but Jackson's betrayal couldn't fly. To this day, the only mystery is if Jackson was ever told the truth as to why he was really let go - especially so soon before the playoffs. One of the young, better assistant coaches - no longer with the team - let this information escape his drunk-ass mouth. That's the source.

On top of it all, none of Jackson's bullshit makes sense. Does he expect people to believe Pop asked him to admit in front of the team that anyone, much less a future HOF'er, was better than him so they could get their confidence up? You think Manu needed some trash ninja to admit he was better than him so he could feel more confident about his own play? Manu fucking Ginobili? Manu was injured at that point and the team needed Jackson to contribute. Dude is a delusional crackhead. He was 35 years old, averaging 6 points in 20 minutes per game.

UZER
12-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Complete bullshit. Sjax was busted by Tim's Private Investigator having a sexual tryst with his then wife - Amy. The P.I. had been monitoring her in advance of Tim's filing for divorce so that he could have a favorable opportunity to keep custody of his kids. --> which I believe he accomplished. Most people know by now they split because she was cheating on him with her trainer but few knew she was also messing with Jackson. Jackson & his wife were friends with Tim and Amy. So much for that.

Tim had no love for Amy anymore but Jackson's betrayal couldn't fly. To this day, the only mystery is if Jackson was ever told the truth as to why he was really let go - especially so soon before the playoffs. One of the young, better assistant coaches - no longer with the team - let this information escape his drunk-ass mouth. That's the source.

On top of it all, none of Jackson's bullshit makes sense. Does he expect people to believe Pop asked him to admit in front of the team that anyone, much less a future HOF'er, was better than him so they could get their confidence up? You think Manu needed some trash ninja to admit he was better than him so he could feel more confident about his own play? Manu fucking Ginobili? Manu was injured at that point and the team needed Jackson to contribute. Dude is a delusional crackhead. He was 35 years old, averaging 6 points in 20 minutes per game.

:wow

I remember hearing a rumbling of this rumor when he first got cut. But it never ever came up again so I forgot about it. Crazy

duncan2k5
12-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Regardless of how good u think he was or whether u like him or not... Asking someone to do that is wrong and insane... I don't get why ppl think Pop needs to be defended at all costs... It's ok to call him put on bullshit... He won't kill you

exstatic
12-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Regardless of how good u think he was or whether u like him or not... Asking someone to do that is wrong and insane... I don't get why ppl think Pop needs to be defended at all costs... It's ok to call him put on bullshit... He won't kill you

OK, you're a complete dumbass, but I'll explain it anyway. IT WAS A FUCKING COVER STORY. POP NEVER DID OR SAID IT.

My guess is that it was concocted to protect Tim's kids from finding out what Amy was like at such a young age.

JeffDuncan
12-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Instead of asking Jax to say something, it's far more likely Pop told him to sit down and shut up.

Dirks_Finale
12-09-2019, 04:33 PM

Tim had no love for Amy anymore but Jackson's betrayal couldn't fly. To this day, the only mystery is if Jackson was ever told the truth as to why he was really let go.

Well damn....He and TP9 both some jackass homewreckers lol.

Dverde
12-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Instead of asking Jax to say something, it's far more likely Pop told him to sit down and shut up.

It was his last chance to show he is over himself.

cd98
12-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Jackson Version 2 was slow and terrible, except for an occasional game where his irrational confidence would pay off. But the guy is so self-centered and void of reality that he is likely taking what Pop actually said and twisting it into something that Pop never said.

Like Pop probably said, "Stephen, I play Danny and Manu because they are better than you right now. We want you on our team and we think you can add toughness, but you can't disrupt our locker room by criticizing players that have done it for us all year. So you either need to stop the backbiting and messing with the team chemistry as we head to the playoffs and just admit that you are the 11th or 12th guy on this team, or we will need to cut you."

Jackson heard: "Green and Ginobili are better than you and you need to admit it to the whole team because if you don't, you are going to hurt their confidence in the playoffs."

Floyd Pacquiao
12-09-2019, 04:46 PM

Idk man why would Jackson be talking shit about Tony being a homrecker if he did that? Is he that crazy to be throwing stones from his glass house?

BillMc
12-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Jackson Version 2 was slow and terrible, except for an occasional game where his irrational confidence would pay off. But the guy is so self-centered and void of reality that he is likely taking what Pop actually said and twisting it into something that Pop never said.

Like Pop probably said, "Stephen, I play Danny and Manu because they are better than you right now. We want you on our team and we think you can add toughness, but you can't disrupt our locker room by criticizing players that have done it for us all year. So you either need to stop the backbiting and messing with the team chemistry as we head to the playoffs and just admit that you are the 11th or 12th guy on this team, or we will need to cut you."

Jackson heard: "Green and Ginobili are better than you and you need to admit it to the whole team because if you don't, you are going to hurt their confidence in the playoffs."

I'm guessing that's pretty close to how it went down.

tmtcsc
12-10-2019, 12:39 AM
Idk man why would Jackson be talking shit about Tony being a homrecker if he did that? Is he that crazy to be throwing stones from his glass house?

Can you supply a link to where he called Tony a homewrecker? I'm not being a smart-ass, I seriously couldn't find one. That would be super hypocritical if he did that. In fact, Jackson wasn't even on the team when the whole Brent Barry fiasco went down. Many NBA players are complete dogs and cheat on their wives but to mess with a teammate's wife is pretty despicable and usually a game-changer in terms of said player remaining with the team. If TP wasn't such an integral part of the franchise, I'm certain he would have been moved. Perhaps the whole "sexting only" stance was pushed by the team to do damage control and let TP stay. I believe he went beyond sexting with Erin but I have zero proof and never heard a word about it.

tmtcsc
12-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Well damn....He and TP9 both some jackass homewreckers lol.

emanueldavidginobili
12-10-2019, 02:07 AM
Can you supply a link to where he called Tony a homewrecker? I'm not being a smart-ass, I seriously couldn't find one. That would be super hypocritical if he did that. In fact, Jackson wasn't even on the team when the whole Brent Barry fiasco went down. Many NBA players are complete dogs and cheat on their wives but to mess with a teammate's wife is pretty despicable and usually a game-changer in terms of said player remaining with the team. If TP wasn't such an integral part of the franchise, I'm certain he would have been moved. Perhaps the whole "sexting only" stance was pushed by the team to do damage control and let TP stay. I believe he went beyond sexting with Erin but I have zero proof and never heard a word about it.

Having trouble embedding but here it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B342sEClT8V/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

alpha_HaZE
12-10-2019, 05:18 AM
He forgot to mention that he was spending all his time in practice trying to humiliate them in front of the team and the coaching staff before this.

this pretty much,

tmtcsc
12-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Having trouble embedding but here it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B342sEClT8V/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wow! Thank you. This dude...

duncan2k5
12-10-2019, 05:19 PM

LMFAO! now THIS isnt true at ALL! but ok...carry on your narrative

tholdren
12-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Yeah... no.

Prime Jack was a chucker and a major net-negative. Dude lived off his rep more than any other former Spur. Danny had multiple years better than Jack's best year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Stephen+Jackson&player_id1_select=Stephen+Jackson&y1=2009&player_id1=jacksst02&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Danny+Green&player_id2_select=Danny+Green&y2=2015&player_id2=greenda02&idx=players

Unless you exclusively mean that Jack scored more points than Green did and on horrible efficiency, he was far below Green, not far beyond.

It always amazes me how some of the same people can hate DeRozan for posting empty stats and fetishize guys like Jack who messed up their teams on and off the court year in and year out.
This kind of. Lma is the king of empty stats. Derozan does a lot of good things that no one on the team does nor does the stat line show.

lefty
12-10-2019, 09:54 PM
yup... same thing with Speedy Claxton, tbh...

tmtcsc
12-11-2019, 01:41 AM
LMFAO! now THIS isnt true at ALL! but ok...carry on your narrative

You think I made all that up? Ok, you carry on.

Frank Dux
12-11-2019, 12:55 PM

Agreed.

And if my memory serves me correctly, he was playing hard and going down swinging when OKC was closing the series on us in Game 6. He played exceptionally well in the last game. It's the last memory of him in a Spurs jersey and it probably leaves the glasses a bit rose colored for that year on the team.

lautaroda
12-11-2019, 07:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIcCv72l3oo . :clap:clap:clap:clap

tmtcsc
12-12-2019, 10:21 AM
And if my memory serves me correctly, It's the last memory of him in a Spurs jersey and it probably leaves the glasses a bit rose colored for that year on the team.

Last memory of him in a Spurs jersey? The season he went off on OKC in the playoffs was when the Spurs traded RJ for him at the deadline. He played almost another full season with the Spurs - shitty by the way - before he was cut before the playoffs began. Manu was injured and the move came as a real surprise to most folks because Jackson was expected to receive more minutes & provide more scoring off the bench. Danny was a starter - as he had been the whole season. There was no bullshit ultimatum for Jackson to admit Green - a starter or Manu (a future HOF'er) were better than him. God that's idiotic.

Frank Dux
12-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Last memory of him in a Spurs jersey? The season he went off on OKC in the playoffs was when the Spurs traded RJ for him at the deadline. He played almost another full season with the Spurs - shitty by the way - before he was cut before the playoffs began. Manu was injured and the move came as a real surprise to most folks because Jackson was expected to receive more minutes & provide more scoring off the bench. Danny was a starter - as he had been the whole season. There was no bullshit ultimatum for Jackson to admit Green - a starter or Manu (a future HOF'er) were better than him. God that's idiotic.

That's funny. I totally forgot about him playing more after the OKC series. But now that you mention, yeah that happened, didn't it? lol

Yeah, the ultimatum story is bullshit. Seems like Jax is salty and is doing whatever he can do get publicity. He's an idiot.