PDA

View Full Version : Only Gregg Can Make IV Consistently Look Like A Scrub

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:29 AM
Back to sh** minutes and sh** synchronicity as the likes of Forbes, Mills, Belli are higher in the pecking order.

Joseph Kony
12-07-2019, 12:30 AM
quit making threads faggot, no one gives a fuck what you think

J_Paco
12-07-2019, 12:36 AM
Exactly, and it'll take more than one great performance for Lonnie to just be given a rotation spot.

He's seeing court time and is the 3rd guy off the bench after Mills & Gay. He needs to remain aggressive and not get too pass happy or passive offensively (which I thought he was at time tonight).

And playing Marco worked out and he didn't get completely destroyed on defense in the 4th quarter and overtime.

Dex
12-07-2019, 12:38 AM
Why don't you make another thread to bitch about it? Maybe that will help

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:38 AM
quit making threads faggot, no one gives a fuck what you think

STFU, dabom.

alpha_HaZE
12-07-2019, 12:40 AM
Please move on, your hate against Pop is out of control

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:50 AM
Please move on, your hate against Pop is out of control

He's not a very good coach; it's not about hating him.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 12:52 AM
Exactly, and it'll take more than one great performance for Lonnie to just be given a rotation spot.

He's seeing court time and is the 3rd guy off the bench after Mills & Gay. He needs to remain aggressive and not get too pass happy or passive offensively (which I thought he was at time tonight).

And playing Marco worked out and he didn't get completely destroyed on defense in the 4th quarter and overtime.

He literally played the least amount of minutes of the eleven players who played tonight, even coming off that MVP caliber performance. I can't see the justification, tbh. Yea, maybe he'll get more minutes despite Gregg at some point, but not before Gregg makes sure he knows who's ring he has to kiss.

ismael-robert
12-07-2019, 12:53 AM
Pop made him shoot 20% n get 2 turnovers?

illusioNtEk
12-07-2019, 01:10 AM
Pop is teaching him to play great every min he is in the court. Won't take 50% effort.

slick'81
12-07-2019, 01:18 AM
White,murray&walker werent exactly excellent tonight but they keep fighting

tmtcsc
12-07-2019, 01:20 AM
Murray still looks like shit. He drives all the way to the rim just to dish it back out unnecessarily. Sean Elliott even mentioned it. "I'd like to see Dejounte finish that drive by taking it all the way to the rim instead of kicking it back out".

duncan2k5
12-07-2019, 01:44 AM
Pop is teaching him to play great every min he is in the court. Won't take 50% effort.

lol

duncan2k5
12-07-2019, 01:45 AM
Murray still looks like shit. He drives all the way to the rim just to dish it back out unnecessarily. Sean Elliott even mentioned it. "I'd like to see Dejounte finish that drive by taking it all the way to the rim instead of kicking it back out".

guess why he does that? Pop neutered him...not the guy is afraid to take over the game offensively like he used to at the beginning of the season

azarel
12-07-2019, 01:53 AM

its a confidence issue with him now. but i like his defense intensity tonight.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 01:59 AM
Pop made him shoot 20% n get 2 turnovers?

IV's the problem. He's a scrub right now, amirite?

exstatic
12-07-2019, 06:27 AM
IV's the problem. He's a scrub right now, amirite?

He’s not a scrub, but he does play scurred a lot. He was dribbling around, doing nothing, not attacking like he did last game. That got him the hook. At the end of his second stint, Pop had some sharp words for him, and I knew he was done for the night.

My Fault
12-07-2019, 06:58 AM
:lol just a 5 time championship coach but you’re right, you’d do so much better coaching the team. If you were coach Lonnie wouldn’t have looked like a scrub, you would’ve been out there helping him hit his shots and prove it wasn’t just one game :rolleyes

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 07:10 AM
:lol just a 5 time championship coach but you’re right, you’d do so much better coaching the team.

Yea, Tim Duncan wasn't going to win without Pop :tu

:lmao

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 07:12 AM
If you were coach Lonnie wouldn’t have looked like a scrub, you would’ve been out there helping him hit his shots and prove it wasn’t just one game :rolleyes

I would recognize that I have a super athletic player who has significantly improved his game and I wouldn't be pulling this leave him out of the rotation bull shit. That's how it works everywhere else. What makes you think Gregg is so special?

ElNono
12-07-2019, 07:15 AM
but but but I was told Pop's tough love is what suddenly made him a premier player in this league... sniff sniff

My Fault
12-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Yea, Tim Duncan wasn't going to win without Pop :tu

:lmao
lmao so you think just putting any coach out there and they win? You’re not just an emotional woman but also a special kind of dumb

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 07:17 AM
He’s not a scrub, but he does play scurred a lot. He was dribbling around, doing nothing, not attacking like he did last game. That got him the hook. At the end of his second stint, Pop had some sharp words for him, and I knew he was done for the night.

He is passive out there; that's the byproduct of being bitch slapped over and over. You got to trust your player if you want him to succeed. It honestly boggles my mind that someone of Gregg's experience patently doesn't understand this.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 07:20 AM
lmao so you think just putting any coach out there and they win? You’re not just an emotional woman but also a special kind of dumb

I think TD is a top five player of all-time. It was gonna take a helluva a shitty coach for him to not end up with rings.

duncan2k5
12-07-2019, 07:49 AM
I think TD is a top five player of all-time. It was gonna take a helluva a shitty coach for him to not end up with rings.

Exactly...funny how we love to shit on phil and kerr amd say any coach could have won with those teams, but ignore the fact that we had tim duncan and prop up Pop as a coach

dbestpro
12-07-2019, 07:53 AM
Pop was a good coach who had great players. Key word is "was". What kept Pop from being a great coach was his rotations. All those rings were because of great players and a good coach. Right now we have neither.

John B
12-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Was it he hurled that 3 pointer instead of passing? But Lonnie should take control and just let it fly. That’s his game. He needs to continue attacking the rim, same as White/Murray. They’re so athletic, it’s tragic they waste dribbling around too much.

hater
12-07-2019, 08:00 AM
walker the 40th is an overhyped scrub

wake up

My Fault
12-07-2019, 08:37 AM
I would recognize that I have a super athletic player who has significantly improved his game and I wouldn't be pulling this leave him out of the rotation bull shit. That's how it works everywhere else. What makes you think Gregg is so special? because being super athletic is all it takes to succeed in the NBA? By gawd you guys are highly overrating Lonnie. He didn’t do anything with the minutes he got against the Kings. He had ONE good game where he was hot and he got extra minutes so the hot hand could be feed but other than that he’s shown mere flashes in between being mediocre.

hater
12-07-2019, 09:27 AM
because being super athletic is all it takes to succeed in the NBA? By gawd you guys are highly overrating Lonnie. He didn’t do anything with the minutes he got against the Kings. He had ONE good game where he was hot and he got extra minutes so the hot hand could be feed but other than that he’s shown mere flashes in between being mediocre.

yup pretty much

walker is a low iq choker

his ceiling is andre roberson

Mark Celibate
12-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Pop was a good coach who had great players. Key word is "was". What kept Pop from being a great coach was his rotations. All those rings were because of great players and a good coach. Right now we have neither.

That's always been his weakness IMO. More specifically, always having a fetish for that one guy that everyone knows is a scrub yet continually playing him big minutes because "veteran savvy" i.e. Matt Bonner

exstatic
12-07-2019, 09:47 AM
If you just throw him out there, he’ll eventually turn into Ben Mclemore, a journeyman already at age 26. He’s super athletic, and has a nice 3 pointer. Sound familiar? He also never got an extension, signed with Memphis, got traded back to Sacto with another player and some cash for Garrett Temple :lol and is now with Houston. He’s playing less than gleague find Daniel House, and is only playing at all because Gordon is out until New Years.

THATS what happens when you fail to develop players properly, and just throw them out there. Ben played 164 games his first two seasons. He played 19 before Sacto waived him last February.

donaldsonian
12-07-2019, 09:49 AM
guess why he does that? Pop neutered him...not the guy is afraid to take over the game offensively like he used to at the beginning of the season

Murray has had trouble with his drives to the rim since his rookie season. You can’t blame it all on the coaches.

My Fault
12-07-2019, 10:09 AM
If you just throw him out there, he’ll eventually turn into Ben Mclemore, a journeyman already at age 26. He’s super athletic, and has a nice 3 pointer. Sound familiar? He also never got an extension, signed with Memphis, got traded back to Sacto with another player and some cash for Garrett Temple :lol and is now with Houston. He’s playing less than gleague find Daniel House, and is only playing at all because Gordon is out until New Years.

THATS what happens when you fail to develop players properly, and just throw them out there. Ben played 164 games his first two seasons. He played 19 before Sacto waived him last February.
This, and it was said about him before the draft, Lonnie lacks discipline

offset formation
12-07-2019, 10:43 AM

Isn't your best friend Timmy on the coaching staff?

Just stop with what Pop neutered and what he didn't, capische? You know shit, other than your man love for neph clouded your judgement about all else.

TheRemix
12-07-2019, 10:51 AM

Coahing is overrated at the pro level. Players make the coaches

RC_Drunkford
12-07-2019, 11:08 AM
but but but I was told Pop's tough love is what suddenly made him a premier player in this league... sniff sniff

He's not a franchise player yet, he has to bench him some more to make him reach his full potential

RC_Drunkford
12-07-2019, 11:11 AM
I think Walker is being too assertive out there. He has to be aggressive on offense, that's when he had his best games. But that's also partly on Pop, cause he always gets in his players heads with all that move the ball stuff. Even LaMarcus was scared to shoot sometimes when he first got here. Bryn Forbes and Belinelli have the green light to chuck up anything though

jjktkk
12-07-2019, 12:05 PM
He is passive out there; that's the byproduct of being bitch slapped over and over. You got to trust your player if you want him to succeed. It honestly boggles my mind that someone of Gregg's experience patently doesn't understand this.

Could you please provide a reference of your coaching experience on here? I've got a sinking suspicion that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

jjktkk
12-07-2019, 12:09 PM

Gee, no shit, really? Show me a list of NBA coaches that won championships without great players? Phil Jackson, Erik Spoelstra?

alpha_HaZE
12-07-2019, 12:17 PM

sure, that's why he is the best to ever do it by pretty much everyone but you.

daslicer
12-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Gee, no shit, really? Show me a list of NBA coaches that won championships without great players? Phil Jackson, Erik Spoelstra?

Coaching in the NBA tends to be overrated compared to other sports. It's more about the players than the coach in the NBA. Lebron especially proved this when he won with Ty Lue in Cleveland. There was a period during the early '00s where Riley quit being a coach because he couldn't win with the talent he had. Riley then came back as the coach of heat once they had both Shaq/Wade and suddenly he was great again when only a few years earlier he was considered washed up. Phil Jackson was garbage from '05-'07 when the Lakers were low seed first round and out team. Lakers get Gasol and suddenly he goes back to being the great Zen Master again.

90 percent of the success when it comes to winning is the players. I only give coaching 10 percent and that has to with them dictating substitutions, match ups. Right now Pop is sucking with the substitutions ala playing Belli when he shouldn't be out there.

jjktkk
12-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Coaching in the NBA tends to be overrated compared to other sports. It's more about the players than the coach in the NBA. Lebron especially proved this when he won with Ty Lue in Cleveland. There was a period during the early '00s where Riley quit being a coach because he couldn't win with the talent he had. Riley then came back as the coach of heat once they had both Shaq/Wade and suddenly he was great again when only a few years earlier he was considered washed up. Phil Jackson was garbage from '05-'07 when the Lakers were low seed first round and out team. Lakers get Gasol and suddenly he goes back to being the great Zen Master again.

90 percent of the success when it comes to winning is the players. I only give coaching 10 percent and that has to with them dictating substitutions, match ups. Right now Pop is sucking with the substitutions ala playing Belli when he shouldn't be out there.

Exactly. And how coincidental is it that Pop's coaching is becoming more and more questionable since the big 3 got old and Leonard forced his way out of town?

JeffDuncan
12-07-2019, 12:52 PM
90 percent of the success when it comes to winning is the players. ...

Which means 90% of the success is gained through roster building. No argument on that from me.

dbestpro
12-07-2019, 01:45 PM

I have a word for before you cherry pick. Context.

jjktkk
12-07-2019, 02:11 PM
I have a word for before you cherry pick. Context.

If you can't understand what the absence of the big 3 and Leonard has had on Pop and this team, I can't help you.

Yogatti
12-07-2019, 02:16 PM
Sniffers out in full force today:lol

Poopab*tch can take a dump in your mouth and you'd still call it gourmet meal

FkLA
12-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Yeah, let's use one example of one guy that played early and flamed out to justify Poop. There's probably no examples out there of players that played early and turned out fine. :rolleyes

Dennis the Menace
12-07-2019, 02:48 PM
Sniffers out in full force today:lol

Poopab*tch can take a dump in your mouth and you'd still call it gourmet meal

Dennis the Menace
12-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Pop is holding back the Spurs like Mark Jackson was holding back the young warriors before he rightfully got fired

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 04:38 PM
because being super athletic is all it takes to succeed in the NBA? By gawd you guys are highly overrating Lonnie. He didn’t do anything with the minutes he got against the Kings. He had ONE good game where he was hot and he got extra minutes so the hot hand could be feed but other than that he’s shown mere flashes in between being mediocre.

I can respect your opinion that IV is only a mediocre player for the rest of his career. I don't agree; but at least that makes your basis for benching him solid. Of course, I doubt Gregg shares your shitty opinion. He just wants IV to know who's boss and whose ring to kiss.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Could you please provide a reference of your coaching experience on here? I've got a sinking suspicion that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

My reference is my foot up your ass.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 04:41 PM
sure, that's why he is the best to ever do it by pretty much everyone but you.

:lmao Less than half a Spurs board even buys that shit. GTFO

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Exactly...funny how we love to shit on phil and kerr amd say any coach could have won with those teams, but ignore the fact that we had tim duncan and prop up Pop as a coach

ST homers believe that everything just broke their way. As an outsider who wasn't on ST I could see that they were a superior team who the league took measures against for the sake of ratings. TD was good enough to have had a Bill Russell run in a more fair administering of the game.

alpha_HaZE
12-07-2019, 07:31 PM
:lmao Less than half a Spurs board even buys that shit. GTFO

spurs board? GTFO :P

jjktkk
12-07-2019, 07:47 PM
My reference is my foot up your ass.

:You know your mommy won't let you watch basketball on tv when she's home from work. It's either PBS, or Nat Geo, am I right?

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 07:55 PM
spurs board? GTFO :P

The thing you're on, dipshit.

Spurtacular
12-07-2019, 07:55 PM
:You know your mommy won't let you watch basketball on tv when she's home from work. It's either PBS, or Nat Geo, am I right?

I know you're a faggoty troll. Move along.

spurs10
12-07-2019, 08:06 PM
spurs board? GTFO :P I hope the Hall Of Fame doesn't see the "Spurs board" and decide that Coach Pop just won't make the grade. You know all that hard work being the head coach of the most winning team in all team sports for two decades might be down the drain. :lmao
:flag:

daslicer
12-07-2019, 08:58 PM
ST homers believe that everything just broke their way. As an outsider who wasn't on ST I could see that they were a superior team who the league took measures against for the sake of ratings. TD was good enough to have had a Bill Russell run in a more fair administering of the game.

There was an interesting article done by 538 a few years back that stated Duncan should have won even more championships when they crunched up all the stats and etc. I definitely believe he should have won 8 titles if it wasn't for corruption.

tim_duncan_fan
12-07-2019, 09:37 PM
I definitely believe he should have won 8 titles if it wasn't for corruption.

The Spurs should send Rudy G. to investigate this corruption.

duncan2k5
12-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Murray has had trouble with his drives to the rim since his rookie season. You can’t blame it all on the coaches.

I'm not... I'm blaming his lack of aggressiveness on them... I'm blaming the players he has around him on them... And he is MUCH better at the rim now than he was then... The guy used to throw up 20 foot floaters

Spurtacular
12-13-2019, 07:01 PM
SMH. Spurs losing to the fucking Cavs at home. The guy who IV should be in place of in the starting lineup (Forbes) was 1-6 FG while playing his usual league worst defense. Smartest guy in the room thinks it's better to have IV coming off the bench at the same minute clip as 47-year-old Bellinelli.

Spurtacular
12-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Just seeing some highlights...

Wow. DeRozan could've clinched the game with one of two FTs, a steal thrown right to him, or the last second shot. Any of those four chances.

SMH. I'm not on the it has to be IV or DDR bandwagon yet, but wow. For now I'm okay with the fundamental realization that IV is the superior option over either midget or the forty-seven-year old Italian.

GAustex
12-13-2019, 10:31 PM
The game was won if DDR makes the winning play on any one of those 4 instances.
He failed on all 4. Miserably

ZeusWillJudge
12-13-2019, 11:37 PM
Lonnie doesn't consistently look like a scrub.

DMC
12-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Pop is an experimenter. Sometimes they fail. He doesn't give a shit what you think about it. Other coaches are plug and play guys, they just run sets and let the PG do all the thinking/shooting/anything else. They rely on stars to win. Post hoc claims of "HOFer" for Tony and Manu are interesting since, without Timmy and maybe without Pop, neither of them would be HOFers. Good players, sure, but great players like Tim and great coaches like Pop often drag other people to the hall, ala Pippen and Rodman.

DMC
12-14-2019, 02:32 PM
I'm not... I'm blaming his lack of aggressiveness on them... I'm blaming the players he has around him on them... And he is MUCH better at the rim now than he was then... The guy used to throw up 20 foot floaters

The Spurs have always struggled early on to develop an identity, offensive ID and defensive ID. In the past they had a corporate core of players to use as seed crystal. Now they have guys who are often journeymen, or settlers like LMA and DDR. It's telling that the year before DDR was traded his coach was fired for shitting the bed in the post season, while the very next year the Raptors won the ring. There are extenuating circumstances that helped facilitate that, but the 10K foot takeaway is that DDR isn't a franchise level guy. Forcing him to be because he shoots a lot and has handles and hops doesn't change that. LMA is in the same softness arena as Pau Gasol. Without a solid group around him his production on both ends doesn't really rise above the noise. These other people are just wood putty on an antique piece of furniture.

Spurtacular
12-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Pop is an experimenter. Sometimes they fail. He doesn't give a shit what you think about it. Other coaches are plug and play guys, they just run sets and let the PG do all the thinking/shooting/anything else. They rely on stars to win. Post hoc claims of "HOFer" for Tony and Manu are interesting since, without Timmy and maybe without Pop, neither of them would be HOFers. Good players, sure, but great players like Tim and great coaches like Pop often drag other people to the hall, ala Pippen and Rodman.

I never took you for such a Pop sucker.

Manu was a top talent. He beat USA in 2004 and was pretty much 2005 FMVP. Tony was an all star level talent pretty well from the get go and was 2007 FMVP.

Yea, Gregg may be all about the system, but we are seeing the detrimental effects first hand with someone like Lonnie. Maybe it worked before cos Manu and Tony liked being sidekicks enough. But it's foolish to think lightning will strike twice; especially since there is no Timmy rock to tie to.

Spurtacular
12-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Lonnie doesn't consistently look like a scrub.

Because he had one 'he's the man' half?

DMC
12-14-2019, 05:47 PM
I never took you for such a Pop sucker.

Manu was a top talent. He beat USA in 2004 and was pretty much 2005 FMVP. Tony was an all star level talent pretty well from the get go and was 2007 FMVP.

Yea, Gregg may be all about the system, but we are seeing the detrimental effects first hand with someone like Lonnie. Maybe it worked before cos Manu and Tony liked being sidekicks enough. But it's foolish to think lightning will strike twice; especially since there is no Timmy rock to tie to.

Is Scola a HOFer? Who else on that 2004 Olympics team is a HOFer? Would Manu be a HOFer without the NBA? Would he be a HOFer if he played for a team that didn't have title aspirations, like the Magic or Hornets?

Spurs are a small market team who pulled 5 rings from one draft pick and one head coach. All else is just side talk. A few years ago Rick Carlisle was "better than Pop" until the Spurs rang in 2014, then it was lightning in a bottle. Then it was Brad Stevens until he shit the bed in the playoffs so many times. Then it was coach Bud, until he did the same thing on two different teams. Then it was Kerr who was basically matched by Luke Walton as far as being present on the bench during a win.

If the Spurs don't ring every season the coach is shit.

You guys get too enamored with mediocre talent who can run and jump and you're spoiled because the Spurs have found so many diamonds in the rough, but sometimes a quartz is just a quartz. These players who people on the forum seem to think will blossom often don't, and you act like the coach is to blame. Generational talent is called that for a reason. Not every player from the D League is going to pan out just because they came to SA.

MultiTroll
12-14-2019, 05:57 PM
^ Blow us.
How the f can anyone short of Wilt, Jordan, Timmy Duncs etc look good when Grandpa forces you on the floor with this?
A change of scenery to a new country did nothing to help his dementia / god complex ego as Bryn Forms is now 0-6 with his usual lock down D.

So don't spew any Lonnie IV numbers at me with this 1st half.

Spurtacular
12-14-2019, 06:04 PM
Is Scola a HOFer? Who else on that 2004 Olympics team is a HOFer? Would Manu be a HOFer without the NBA? Would he be a HOFer if he played for a team that didn't have title aspirations, like the Magic or Hornets?

I don't speak of HOFer in snowflake terms. I speak of it as what level Manu was at as an NBA player. If you want to believe Scola was HOF level, I won't stop you; I might laugh is all.

Spurtacular
12-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Spurs are a small market team who pulled 5 rings from one draft pick

Yup. Could've been more with a different coach, but could've been less also.

Spurtacular
12-14-2019, 06:07 PM
Spurs are a small market team who pulled 5 rings from one draft pick and one head coach. All else is just side talk. A few years ago Rick Carlisle was "better than Pop" until the Spurs rang in 2014, then it was lightning in a bottle. Then it was Brad Stevens until he shit the bed in the playoffs so many times. Then it was coach Bud, until he did the same thing on two different teams. Then it was Kerr who was basically matched by Luke Walton as far as being present on the bench during a win.

If the Spurs don't ring every season the coach is shit.

Narratives. Back when the Spurs were ringing, it often looked petty to judge Pop too harshly. A team like this with a rich mix of vets, all stars, and upcoming talent is probably a more fair medium to judge him as a coach. Are you happy with his current output?

ZeusWillJudge
12-14-2019, 06:20 PM
Because he had one 'he's the man' half?

You're still hoping they'll trade Lonnie for Jimmer.

Faglet.

Spurtacular
12-14-2019, 06:24 PM
You're still hoping they'll trade Lonnie for Jimmer.

Faglet.

:lmao Lashing out cos you got called on your bull shit. :lmao

RC_Drunkford
12-14-2019, 11:51 PM

I disagree with that. Put Manu or Tony on a D'Antoni team and they would be hall of famers as well. Shit, Manu's stats got killed by Pop. Manu in the Harden role would be talked about being one of the best players in NBA history and could've won multiple MVPs

Spurtacular
01-03-2020, 01:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLQw3u4lbY

We needed 29 minutes for Forbes (1-9) tonight to 21 minutes of IV (6-10) on the off chance that Bryn had one of his six-three Baby Curry games....

Spurtacular
01-07-2020, 12:26 AM
25 minutes and another start for non NBA player Forbes
19 minutes for superstar Lonnie.

Game 7 Line-Up vs. the Nuggets last season got me seriously questioning Gregg.

Looking back, I should've been more critical for years; but I felt petty going against a team winning so much.

I can't watch this and seriously think Gregg belongs in GOAT coach consideration. This is just so blatantly wrong-headed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/milwaukee-bucks-san-antonio-spurs-2020010624/

Floyd Pacquiao
01-07-2020, 12:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLQw3u4lbY

We needed 29 minutes for Forbes (1-9) tonight to 21 minutes of IV (6-10) on the off chance that Bryn had one of his six-three Baby Curry games....

:lol it was a goddamn disgrace that Pop didn't close with Lonnie in that okc game. Forbes guarding SGA down the stretch was pop at his lowest.

Spurtacular
01-07-2020, 12:34 AM
:lol it was a goddamn disgrace that Pop didn't close with Lonnie in that okc game. Forbes guarding SGA down the stretch was pop at his lowest.

He does that all the time. Rec league coaches know better. GOAT coach my ass. Mother fucker took out Timmy and gave the Heat a championship!

tim_duncan_fan
01-07-2020, 01:28 AM
I disagree with that. Put Manu or Tony on a D'Antoni team and they would be hall of famers as well. Shit, Manu's stats got killed by Pop. Manu in the Harden role would be talked about being one of the best players in NBA history and could've won multiple MVPs

Manu wasn't durable enough for that.

Spurtacular
01-07-2020, 03:31 AM
Manu wasn't durable enough for that.

:lol Harden supposed to be tougher than Manu.

Fireball
01-07-2020, 03:53 AM
:lol Harden supposed to be tougher than Manu.

you obviously do not understand the difference between tough and durable ... if you think Manu could have played as many minutes and games as Harden, well thats just nuts

Spurtacular
01-07-2020, 03:55 AM
you obviously do not understand the difference between tough and durable ... if you think Manu could have played as many minutes and games as Harden, well thats just nuts

What do you think makes Harden so durable? Manu played in a time where players got hit much more.

RC_Drunkford
01-07-2020, 06:29 AM
25 minutes and another start for non NBA player Forbes
19 minutes for superstar Lonnie.

Game 7 Line-Up vs. the Nuggets last season got me seriously questioning Gregg.

Looking back, I should've been more critical for years; but I felt petty going against a team winning so much.

I can't watch this and seriously think Gregg belongs in GOAT coach consideration. This is just so blatantly wrong-headed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/milwaukee-bucks-san-antonio-spurs-2020010624/

Game 7? You should've said Game 2. Spurs were up 20+ and he brings out the Mills/Belinelli line up. They give up 15 points and Pop calls time out. Pop runs out the same line up, they give up another 10 points. Spurs lose. That was it for me

UncleDennis
01-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Game 7? You should've said Game 2. Spurs were up 20+ and he brings out the Mills/Belinelli line up. They give up 15 points and Pop calls time out. Pop runs out the same line up, they give up another 10 points. Spurs lose. That was it for me

You just gave me a flashback haha, as soon as those line ups came in you could just see the life bar on the spurs plummet. You could feel the tide change immediately, it was like watching the David West + Boris Diaw big man line up against Adams and Kanter over and over again.

Spurtacular
01-09-2020, 01:23 AM
IV: 19 pts in 19 minutes with great D. But but Baby Curry wasn't missing tonight.