PDA

View Full Version : A way to a man's heart is through...

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 02:31 PM
A man's stomach???? Is this just a saying or is it really true. I just came back from lunch a while ago and I cannot keep my mind off of this girl who made me lunch. It was one of the best lunch dates I have ever had in my life.

The food was great. She made some shrimp tostadas, rice (like I have never tasted), and beans. She even made freshly squeezed limeade. It was good. Instead of beans, the tostadas were covered with guacamole. Then she placed the shrimp on top with lettuce, tomato, and that white Mexican cheese. They were awesome.

Anyway, I was not into this girl at first, but decided to go over to her place for lunch since she invited. I didn't think anything of it, but now I cannot get my mind off of her. She looked excited about making me a meal and the conversation was one of the best I have ever had.

So can it be true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?

Gatita
11-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Very true.

Its a turn on for a man to see his woman cookin' it up in the kitchen.

batman2883
11-02-2005, 02:34 PM
no its through a woman breast size

angel_luv
11-02-2005, 02:38 PM
A man's stomach???? Is this just a saying or is it really true. I just came back from lunch a while ago and I cannot keep my mind off of this girl who made me lunch. It was one of the best lunch dates I have ever had in my life.

The food was great. She made some shrimp tostadas, rice (like I have never tasted), and beans. She even made freshly squeezed limeade. It was good. Instead of beans, the tostadas were covered with guacamole. Then she placed the shrimp on top with lettuce, tomato, and that white Mexican cheese. They were awesome.

Anyway, I was not into this girl at first, but decided to go over to her place for lunch since she invited. I didn't think anything of it, but now I cannot get my mind off of her. She looked excited about making me a meal and the conversation was one of the best I have ever had.

Aww! Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. =)

Kdfelicity
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Hope the sex is good too then....

Old School Chic
11-02-2005, 02:51 PM
The stomach Is the way but mainly trust and patience between the two.

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 02:52 PM
I may be excited since it was our first so called date even though it kind of wasn't. We'll see what happens.

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 02:53 PM

I love cooking for someone I love, it's actually a lot of fun (if he appreciates it :lol ) ... but it could have been the great conversation too, that turned you on to her ... in any case, sounds like you had an awesome *date*. Good luck! :)

Spurminator
11-02-2005, 02:56 PM
According to a surgeon I just spoke to, the way to a man's heart is through his ribcage.

So you're all mistaken.

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 02:57 PM
:rolleyes :lol

Shelly
11-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, I must've found another way to my man's heart cuz it certainly isn't from my cooking!

Guru of Nothing
11-02-2005, 03:01 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/mateo/ET0001.jpg

j-6
11-02-2005, 03:02 PM

Translation: Is it a violation of the man rules to hook up with an ugly girl that wants to take care of me?

:D

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I think the conversation was the icing on the cake. The meal was great. It was out of no where too. I met her last week at Lowes. She works there part-time and goes to school full-time. Anyway, I asked her about the Scott's lawn treatment stuff and she had he stuff down.
I was kind of surprised she knew so much and turned on. I asked her if she had just finished taking the training on Scott's products or if she actually knew what she was talking about and we went from there.

I called her two days afterwards and we talked a few times. I didn't think she was into me. She called yesterday evening, which was the first time since Saturday and invited me to her place to eat lunch.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, I must've found another way to my man's heart cuz it certainly isn't from my cooking!

:lmao

yep...I was gonna say zipper too...:lol

rl64tx
11-02-2005, 03:04 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/rl64tx/toothpaste.gif

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM

I'm always in the kitchen.... :depressed

Kip Fanatic
Translation: Is it a violation of the man rules to hook up with an ugly girl that wants to take care of me?

:D

Not at all. She is very pretty, but I had her all wrong. The first couple of conversations we had were about her going out and all that jazz. I am not into that and I think she kind of got the hint.

clooneyschick04
I hate to say it but I'm not a very good cook. However, my fiancee is so wonderful he doesn't care what it's like--he's just happy I took the time out to make it for him. I've got myself a keeper!!! :o)

Nbadan
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah, most guys will be happy eating raw meat as long as they get a good daily hummer from wifey.

:lol

The sone
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
i like a woman who is smart above all else. if she can make me laugh im hers...

Shelly
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM

yep...I was gonna say zipper too...:lol

Dude, you mean it wasn't my charming personality?

I do like to bake, though!

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Dude, you mean it wasn't my charming personality?

I do like to bake, though!

hehehe

it doesn't count if you eat it before hubby gets home...:lol

Shelly
11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
hehehe

Shhhhh

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
hehehe

Bob: "Damn, Shel, it sure smells good in here...what'd you bake?"

Shelly: "Nothing, honey, it's a new plug-in I got with a coupon from Target...." :nerd

Shelly
11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Bob: "Damn, Shel, it sure smells good in here...what'd you bake?"

Shelly: "Nothing, honey, it's a new plug-in I got with a coupon from Target...." :nerd

Apple-cinnamon, of course!

easjer
11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Hmmmmm.

I cooked for my husband the night we hooked up, but the two bottles of wine I drank probably had more to do with it.

I taught him how to cook basics, and now he cooks 75% of our meals. I am required by prearrangment to cook at least once a week, but that's usually crockpot. . .

Must be the great sex.

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Apple-cinnamon, of course!

You know what? Her place did smell good. It was some candle she had on.

SWC Bonfire
11-02-2005, 05:07 PM
You know, they have cosmetic surgeons, but you're stuck with a chick with a bad attitude.

Carie
11-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I'm with Shelly on this one. I NEVER cooked. This is a cool topic though. Tell us guys, what did your women do that won you over?

Carie
11-02-2005, 05:15 PM
You know, they have cosmetic surgeons, but you're stuck with a chick with a bad attitude.
:tu

SWC Bonfire
11-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I'm with Shelly on this one. I NEVER cooked.

BOOOOO!!!! :td

Carie
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
BOOOOO!!!! :td:lol

No, really, if you'd ever tasted my cooking you'd appreciate it! (ETA, appreciate that I DON'T cook). I've cooked like 2 great meals in my life. Briquit (how do you spell that?) the best EVER, and a great pot roast. That is the extent of my culinary prowess. Unless you count that green bean casserole, I open cans very well :)

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Tell us guys, what did your women do that won you over?

I can answer for User: I had Spurs season tickets and the second one wasn't spoken for. :spin

Carie
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I can answer for User: I had Spurs season tickets and the second one wasn't spoken for. :spin

So at least you knew immediately that the man had good taste in women...and basketball :)

SWC Bonfire
11-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Well, that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I would be willing to bet that over half of women under 30 can't cook, which is horse___. I'm a guy, and I've cooked for myself the last 10 years - how the hell can a woman live and have any form of independence if they can't even cook for themselves, much less their kids if they have any? I don't need someone else around who is a lousy cook, I'm beyond that myself.

Marklar MM
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I am man. I can cook

Macaroni, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Stuffing, and other stuff(as long as I read directions).

Carie
11-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I would be willing to bet that over half of women under 30 can't cook, which is horse___. I'm a guy, and I've cooked for myself the last 10 years - how the hell can a woman live and have any form of independence if they can't even cook for themselves, much less their kids if they have any? I don't need someone else around who is a lousy cook, I'm beyond that myself.
I think everyone should learn how to cook as they're growing up. When I met my husband and he cooked for himself and did laundry, I thought it was so hot.

And I can cook, just not very well. I've never been able to put in spices to make something taste better, things like that. Grandma, mom, friends have tried to help, to no avail. It's like some people have green thumbs, others do not.

What my pet peeve is, is how anyone isn't able to pick up after themselves, organize things, find things, etc. Drives me absolutely batty.

Somehow I managed to find one of those (although he's wonderful in every other way :)). But ya know what? We balance each other out. If I'm not good at it, he is, and vice versa.

Marklar MM
11-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't know how to do laundry. I am rather messy, but I am organized. My room looks like a playpen, but I know where everything is. I am a super human.

Shelly
11-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I can cook, I just don't like to that much. Because then I have to deal with, "Do I HAVE to eat that?" and the fact that I have to clean up afterwards.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
I am man. I can cook

Macaroni, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Stuffing, and other stuff(as long as I read directions).

Same here, but somehow my wife is amazed by my abilities to microwave crap and follow instructions. The only "freestyle" cooking I do would be my burgers, with the help of George Foreman's Lean, Mean, Fat Reducing Grilling Machine. God I love that grill.

Carie
11-02-2005, 05:42 PM
I can cook, I just don't like to that much. Because then I have to deal with, "Do I HAVE to eat that?" and the fact that I have to clean up afterwards.

I thought the rule was that if you did the cooking you didn't have to clean up. Thought is the operative word here. Then my husband started cooking real meals. Used every pot and pan in the house, gunk on spice bottles, splatters on walls 5 feet from the stove. That rule was changed very fast :)

Marklar MM
11-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Same here, but somehow my wife is amazed by my abilities to microwave crap and follow instructions. The only "freestyle" cooking I do would be my burgers, with the help of George Foreman's Lean, Mean, Fat Reducing Grilling Machine. God I love that grill.

I have a Foreman...in the basement unused for years. I got me a new grill with temperature readout guage(Talk about high tech :) ) Man, I am like wam, bam, slam...put them burgers on the grill, hot damn.

SWC Bonfire
11-02-2005, 05:54 PM
I think the answer to the thread title is "through his stomach and your attitude", and that most women couldn't give a damn about either.

Ladies, you're either with us or with the terrorists. :lol

spurster
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Be sure to get all these things in the prenup.

Marklar MM
11-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Men, just remember...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc3.jpg

And you women to.

Clandestino
11-02-2005, 07:44 PM
I think the conversation was the icing on the cake. The meal was great. It was out of no where too. I met her last week at Lowes. She works there part-time and goes to school full-time. Anyway, I asked her about the Scott's lawn treatment stuff and she had he stuff down.
I was kind of surprised she knew so much and turned on. I asked her if she had just finished taking the training on Scott's products or if she actually knew what she was talking about and we went from there.

I called her two days afterwards and we talked a few times. I didn't think she was into me. She called yesterday evening, which was the first time since Saturday and invited me to her place to eat lunch.

she invited you over to her place right away? she is psycho or horny as hell.. did you make a move? if not, you're gay!

N.Y. Johnny
11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
I am man. I can cook

I hear ya.. :lol

I can cook and the funny thing is better than the women i used to be with..I used to always cook for the ex wife and good stuff too like Coq Au Vin, Swordfish Meatloaf and stuff like that...i like to really do some great stuff.
:smokin

ObiwanGinobili
11-02-2005, 08:28 PM

I think thats totally true:tu.... one of the biggest compliments I always get from my husband is about my cooking. He compliments me on that 5x's more than anything else.
I love cooking for him and I love putting together a littel special meal or treat just for him. He gets all excited about the different dishes I make,..... I know it makes him happy. :makeout
If I didn;t cook I seriiously doubt we'd have the relationship that we do now.

the only thing is he never wants to go out to eat - he'd rather stay in. :rolleyes

hussker
11-02-2005, 09:05 PM
...is through the Woman's control.

JoeChalupa
11-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Very true.

Its a turn on for a man to see his woman cookin' it up in the kitchen.

I concur!

JoeChalupa
11-02-2005, 11:09 PM
the only thing is he never wants to go out to eat - he'd rather stay in. :rolleyes

I like to stay in...and eat out... :smokin

SpursWoman
11-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I like to stay in...and eat out... :smokin

Good answer! :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-02-2005, 11:46 PM
The correct answer is the remote control (after the sex, of course).

For real. I haven't gone out with a woman in Dallas who could cook yet.

Of course, it makes for easy dates when I can just invite them over, cook, have a little wine, and that impresses the hell out of them. Kinda sad really.

SequSpur
11-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Women should be required to cook and clean, make pie and beer their husbands.

Sheyitt.

:fro

SpursWoman
11-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Women should be required to cook and clean, make pie and beer their husbands.

Sheyitt.

:fro

If it meant that I didn't have to bring home any bacon, I'm game. :)

SequSpur
11-03-2005, 12:34 AM
If it meant that I didn't have to bring home any bacon, I'm game. :)

True, but in today's America, everybody has to work.

2 jobs!

:pctoss

Kip Fanatic
11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
she invited you over to her place right away? she is psycho or horny as hell.. did you make a move? if not, you're gay!

It wasn't right away. Maybe like two weeks. I played the, "I'm not into you card" and she called and invited me over for lunch.

I didn't make a move. Why? She grabbed my hand as I said bye and kissed me on the lips. It was pretty good. I talked to her all night last night and it was good. I'll be going out with her Friday night to watch Jarhead.

2centsworth
11-03-2005, 03:35 PM
It's been proven that a man has to have sex with a woman before he can love them.

Master Shake
11-03-2005, 03:38 PM
is through bjs

Phonzie20
11-03-2005, 03:39 PM
It's been proven that a man has to have sex with a woman before he can love them.

you have that backwards.

Master Shake
11-03-2005, 03:41 PM
who

Phonzie20
11-03-2005, 04:00 PM
who

what?

Kip Fanatic
11-03-2005, 04:21 PM
what?
When?