PDA

View Full Version : Bertans 8/12 from 3

testies
12-10-2019, 10:25 PM
FIRE RC BUFORD NOW

FkLA
12-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Forbes reminds Poop of Steph Curry though.

z0stix
12-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Bertans in the 3 point contest??

Genovaswitness
12-10-2019, 10:36 PM
wizards are still dogshit

GAustex
12-10-2019, 10:44 PM
Seems like a decent team missing a piece might be calling the Bullets about Davis...

GAustex
12-10-2019, 11:00 PM
TNT highlights showed Davis busting

And getting used on D

emanueldavidginobili
12-10-2019, 11:06 PM
Bertans will be in the 3 point contest this year.

phxspurfan
12-11-2019, 02:26 AM
TNT highlights showed Davis busting

And getting used on D

I'm sick of this argument about Bert.

It doesn't fucking matter that he isn't Andre Roberson, if your team has defenders. It's 2020, not every player in the NBA is an all world defender AND drops 30 a night. You get role players to do the dirty work, which are much easier to find. It's hard to find 6'10" deadeye shooters.

Instead, we have a team of good defenders who can't hit the broad side of a barn, and have to play the corpse of Belinelli and midget Forbes as our only sad sources of offense, because we let guys like Bert go. Good fucking job, that's why we're out of the playoffs.

tmtcsc
12-11-2019, 02:37 AM
Instead, we have a team of good defenders

https://media.giphy.com/media/VcWnY3R6YWVtC/giphy.gif

siraulo23
12-11-2019, 04:36 AM
Bertans been killing it this yr

K...
12-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Oh neat another bertans thread

And now I see people cutting themselves over Matisse thybulle learning to shoot.

Good Lord, folks get it together.

Maybe we just need one thread called "cry baby thread" were people can go off about mistakes and grievances.

Sugus
12-11-2019, 10:24 AM

And now I see people cutting themselves over Matisse thybulle learning to shoot.

Maybe we just need one thread called "cry baby thread" were people can go off about mistakes and grievances.

Legend says there used to be a crybaby thread... High time it's brought back tbh

Dex
12-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Are we going to do this every time Bertans has a good game?

Dverde
12-11-2019, 12:27 PM
#1 Movie when the Rockets last played in the Finals :lol

https://www.goldenglobes.com/sites/default/files/styles/portrait_medium/public/films/batman_forever_gg.jpg?itok=xnHxEeeA

phxspurfan
12-11-2019, 02:24 PM
#1 Movie when the Rockets last played in the Finals :lol

https://www.goldenglobes.com/sites/default/files/styles/portrait_medium/public/films/batman_forever_gg.jpg?itok=xnHxEeeA

In HS I heard a story about Tommy Lee Jones in SA. He went to a blockbuster video (2001) with his daughter or something, and they said he had overdue videos. They wanted him to pay an overdue video bill. He started arguing like "I'm Tommy Lee Jones!" and the dude at Blockbuster was just like you have to pay the bill. Apparently it was a huge scene that went into the Blockbuster parking lot. That whole year in HS we would scream at each other "I'm Tommy Lee Jones"!

TimmyBuckets
12-11-2019, 02:25 PM

That's every thread.

SpurPadre
12-11-2019, 02:36 PM
He's still a glorified Bonner, tbh.

DAF86
12-11-2019, 02:41 PM
He's still a glorified Bonner, tbh.

You also think Murray > White, tbh.

SpurPadre
12-11-2019, 10:30 PM
You also think Murray > White, tbh.

Yeah like there's a clear difference between them right now...GTFOH

Phenomanul
12-12-2019, 01:51 PM
Davis Bertans currently ranks 4th in the league in 3PT makes (92) [Harden is first at 117]. He currently ranks 4th in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.465) and 9th in effective FG% (0.656).

Marcus Morris meanwhile is also putting up similar stats from beyond the arc: currently ranks 17th in the league in 3PT makes (66) and ranks 3rd in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.489). Morris is not nearly as good from the field overall as Bertans. That said, Morris's defensive metrics are not as bad as Bertans'. In this context one cannot fault PATFO for wishing to acquire Morris. And it's easy to armchair quarterback in the wake of Morris' reneging on his verbal commitment. I would, however, question the reasoning as to why Bertans was the one that NEEDED to be moved in order to accommodate Morris' contract. In other words the FO could have dangled Bellineli, or Forbes and the numbers might have also worked. Or maybe not gone after Demarre Carroll at all - then they would've had the money to sign Morris outright with the MLE.

John B
12-12-2019, 01:58 PM
FIRE RC BUFORD NOW
Still hurts. I can’t believe I’m saying this about Bertans. I wander if I feel the same for Forbes, Mills or Marco. Do it RC.

Kobe'sAchilles
12-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Fuck Bertans and his no rebounding ass. Dude was unplayable in big games. Besides had we kept him, Pop still would've started Forbes and still played Marco over him.

spurraider21
12-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Davis Bertans currently ranks 4th in the league in 3PT makes (92) [Harden is first at 117]. He currently ranks 4th in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.465) and 9th in effective FG% (0.656).

Marcus Morris meanwhile is also putting up similar stats from beyond the arc: currently ranks 17th in the league in 3PT makes (66) and ranks 3rd in the league in 3pt shooting percentage (0.489). Morris is not nearly as good from the field overall as Bertans. That said, Morris's defensive metrics are not as bad as Bertans'. In this context one cannot fault PATFO for wishing to acquire Morris. And it's easy to armchair quarterback in the wake of Morris' reneging on his verbal commitment. I would, however, question the reasoning as to why Bertans was the one that NEEDED to be moved in order to accommodate Morris' contract. In other words the FO could have dangled Bellineli, or Forbes and the numbers might have also worked. Or maybe not gone after Demarre Carroll at all - then they would've had the money to sign Morris outright with the MLE.
morris is definitely the more complete package. many here thought morris would have been a difference maker that gave the spurs an option to compete against some of the better teams/players in the west. and moving bertans to acquire morris, in a vacuum, would have been worth it. bertans was dead weight against the nuggets. got bullied by millsap, which is fair considering thats a damn good player, but he also couldnt hang with a guy like beasley. morris would have been extremely valuable in that spot.

but they only were in that position because they had already committed to carroll, a guy who isn't even in the rotation.

morris > bertans >>> carroll

jjktkk
12-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Some of you dipshits need to let it go. Go buy your Bertan's Wizard's replica jersey and move on.

Degoat
12-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Saw a thing on hoopshype that a gm speculated that Davis could be payed up to 15-20 million a year, spurs would have lost him for nothing anyways just a year later

hater
12-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Poopovich and RC Drunkford strike again

didnt they give away Bertans to be able to sign Morris??? :lmao

I had said tyats a stupid move even before Morris reneged on the deal to sign here :lmao

:lmao Poop

:lmao Drunkford

called it

dbestpro
12-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Bertans would not have been given the playing time by Pop, so he scored big by being traded. No way he would have gotten the time on the court to get a 15-20 mil contract.

Shakril
12-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Poopovich and RC Drunkford strike again

didnt they give away Bertans to be able to sign Morris??? :lmao

I had said tyats a stupid move even before Morris reneged on the deal to sign here :lmao

:lmao Poop

:lmao Drunkford

called it

So its now Patfos fault that Morris lied to them? By that metric, its patfos fault that Leonard got injured and not by Zaza. Or you could say that its Patfos fault that the Spurs only won 5 titles.