PDA

View Full Version : Does 6 days off matter?

Leetonidas
12-11-2019, 07:45 PM
I was just curious what the rest of you thought.

I've noticed a lot during games, Sean likes to bring up the fact that SA has not had a lot of time off and haven't really gotten many practices in since the season began. Leading up the break he mentioned a few times how he thinks Spurs will iron out some issues and player better after this break after being able to actually practice a few times between the next game.

Is this just more homer nonsense and Spurs are going to come out and be down double digits against Cleveland in the first quarter tomorrow. :lol or is there some truth to what Sean has been saying?

Sugus
12-11-2019, 08:06 PM
How many days off will it take for Pop to give Lonnie the playing time he deserves?

heyheymymy
12-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Yeah what is up with this lull in the schedule? Kinda weird to see such a long break.

Robz4000
12-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Homer nonsense.

slick'81
12-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Spurs could def use some more practice sessions,cohesion etc but cleveland sucks and spurs are getting that W

ZeusWillJudge
12-11-2019, 08:18 PM
If they play good it's because they are rested. If they play bad it's because they are rusty.

sananspursfan21
12-11-2019, 08:23 PM
I wouldn’t think so being that the team is relatively young except LMA and I guess Patty but I’d trust Sean’s analysis since he’s you know, played before.

My non professional opinion, I would think rhythm would be more important though, especially as they’re coming off of two wins in a row. But again, I’ve never played in the NBA...

MultiTroll
12-11-2019, 08:26 PM
When you be the Leader of the gangsta Spurs you be having peeps kom ats you from all angles.
You needs a day off sometimes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4242130/Patty-Mills-girlfriend-accused-culturally-appropriation.html

Maddog
12-11-2019, 08:28 PM
I know this has been posted elsewhere, but why did they have 6 days off?

NASpurs
12-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Yeah in this time off, Bryn will grow four inches. The practice will help him, Demar, Marco and Patty learn to play defense. Pop will become lucid again and not play his fucking retarded rotations. A magical 3 point shooting SF will grow in the Spurs lab that can play defense.

Weren't some of these dudes playing together before training camp and even through all that they sucked ass? I'm not holding my breath.

Sean :lol

ZeusWillJudge
12-11-2019, 08:42 PM
Yeah in this time off, Bryn will grow four inches. The practice will help him, Demar, Marco and Patty learn to play defense. Pop will become lucid again and not play his fucking retarded rotations. A magical 3 point shooting SF will grow in the Spurs lab that can play defense.

Weren't some of these dudes playing together before training camp and even through all that they sucked ass? I'm not holding my breath.

They discovered that Forbes and Beli didn't know how to play defense because no one ever taught them. They fixed that in the six days off. It's a whole new season from here on.

Dex
12-11-2019, 08:46 PM
If it gives White time to heal, then it will matter.

If DJ is off his minutes restriction, maybe Pop will actually start playing them together.

KobesAchilles
12-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Sean Elliott isn’t walking through those doors :cry

timtonymanu
12-11-2019, 08:53 PM
If it gives White time to heal, then it will matter.

If DJ is off his minutes restriction, maybe Pop will actually start playing them together.

This is the true and only reason. I think Sean is being too much of a homer on this one. It’s possible with all the rest, the team comes out flat and digs themselves in a hole for tomorrow’s game.

UZER
12-12-2019, 12:34 AM
How many days off will it take for Pop to give Lonnie the playing time he deserves?

Pop after 5 days of no games:

Lonnie? Who's that? He's 20? Hmm. Well hi Lonnie, you'll spend the rest of the season on the bench learning the system and getting over yourself. Maybe after you've been here for a least a year you'll earn 2-3 minutes here and there. In the meantime, watch Patty and Forbes. They'll show you the way I like my shooting guards to play. They'll also teach you how to guard guys twice your size. I like to throw the other teams off with that move. It works every time. Welcome to the team Lonnie.

r0drig0lac
12-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Marco and Forbes need every possible rest to play their 20-25 mpg.

Prime BEEF
12-12-2019, 08:45 AM

haha awesome

tmtcsc
12-12-2019, 09:19 AM
No, I don't think it matters. Just time for more rust and less sense of urgency for them to play with. I have very little confidence or admiration in this group. I'm constantly hoping they prove me wrong but the sample size we've seen thus far has proven otherwise. Maybe they've turned a corner with the two comeback wins. DM is not good and won't suddenly improve, Derrick White is not going to be the alpha on this team because he's too inconsistent, Derozan & Aldridge are too old to change what they are...We'll see.

JuneJive
12-12-2019, 09:40 AM
It's the Cavs.

They need to pummel them.

Mugen
12-12-2019, 09:53 AM
:lol Of course it doesn't matter, not with this coach and his rotations.

tmtcsc
12-12-2019, 09:57 AM

This needs to stop. Look, DJ is in his 4th season (minus 1 year missed from injury). He is not a good offensive player....at all and IMO, never will be. You'd think after 4 years of being able to learn the NBA game and Spurs system he'd at least be a smarter player. He's not. What he is - is a serviceable guard who can & should come off the bench to play defense and grab some boards. Running or owning a team's offense is not going to be how he sticks in this league. His minutes restrictions has nothing to do with his shitty play, it just helps his stats not be worse. 19% from 3 point range? 45% FG percentage? People try to compare him with TP. I'm no TP fan but he owned the paint as the Spurs' PG and at least knew hot to pass the ball to Tim. He was one of the best layup makers I've ever seen. DJ's stands out as a rebounder. At this point, that's it. DJ needs to be on the floor with someone who can run the team and knows how to make a jump shot. Is that White? Hell no. White is starting - just where he belongs on this roster.

That's all.

tmtcsc
12-12-2019, 10:01 AM
I know this has been posted elsewhere, but why did they have 6 days off?

Adam Silver had mercy on them.

ginobilized
12-12-2019, 12:04 PM
A break might help, I know in my playing days it often did.
I guess we’ll find out tonight.

Part of the reason Pop has relied on the old hands is that the young guns don’t know the sets well enough yet.
Some real practice time vs. just film can help solidify the most detailed sets in the NBA.

ginobilized
12-12-2019, 12:07 PM
But again, I’ve never played in the NBA...

Great to meet another Spurstalk member who didn’t play in the NBA. Sounds like most of the other posters here have.

sananspursfan21
12-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Great to meet another Spurstalk member who didn’t play in the NBA. Sounds like most of the other posters here have.

:lol :lol :lol I think most are former players with a few current guys :rolleyes

tenbeersbold
12-12-2019, 02:30 PM
When you be the Leader of the gangsta Spurs you be having peeps kom ats you from all angles.
You needs a day off sometimes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4242130/Patty-Mills-girlfriend-accused-culturally-appropriation.html
Lmfao at this cultural appropriation shit...
Should we white folk withold oh say...indoor plumbing,modern medicine,computers,cellphones,automobiles,refriger ation,airplanes etc from Africans because ya know they didn't invent any of that shit

Coach X
12-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Basketball logic says it matters.

Spurs were playing terrible team defense so practice can only help. As Poetl said, they have what they have, so this team won't suddenly become a great defensive team. They could play decent defense for sure. That's the magic of team sports: strategy + tactics + practice + execution do matter.

Cavs are on a SEGABABA, FOGAFINI, after losing a tough game in Cleveland yesterday. That should matter as well, regardless how rusty Spurs could be (SAS wins the ugly game 91-84).

That being said, I'm totally taken aback by this team. I'm unable to predict what can happen tonight.

Leetonidas
12-12-2019, 08:56 PM
8 minutes into the game and I got my answer. Didn't mean shit :lol

timtonymanu
12-12-2019, 09:32 PM
:lol Sean Elliott, fucking moron

timtonymanu
12-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Your 2019 - 2020 Spurs

NASpurs
12-12-2019, 11:10 PM
:cry so rusty

Fireball
12-13-2019, 02:37 AM
:rollin:rollin

ginobilized
12-13-2019, 01:16 PM
6 days off didn't seem to help anything, ouch!

0 sure-fire Hall of famers seems to be hurting us, too

RC_Drunkford
12-13-2019, 01:22 PM
6 games off matters cause it means you don't lose any games in a span of 6 days which this team otherwise won't be able to accomplish

JeffDuncan
12-13-2019, 01:43 PM
6 games off matters cause it means you don't lose any games in a span of 6 days which this team otherwise won't be able to accomplish

Right. The 6 days didn't help the team, but it was a nice break for the fans, not seeing them lose for 6 days.

tmtcsc
12-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Right. The 6 days didn't help the team, but it was a nice break for the fans, not seeing them lose for 6 days.

Funny but not funny. Actually true.