PDA

View Full Version : Can LWIV single-handedly bring back the finger roll?

Fusternino
12-12-2019, 10:26 PM
TBH.

ace3g
12-12-2019, 10:32 PM
https://twitter.com/twoshotspodcast/status/1205328481208418304

Fusternino
12-12-2019, 10:33 PM
So beautiful.

Sugus
12-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Watching Lonnie force-feeding DeMar and patiently waiting open at the 3pt corner line for a pass that never comes is fucking infuriating. Vets are seriously dead weight at this point

Roscoe P. Coltrane
12-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Gervin's finger roll had a lot of ark.

BillMc
12-12-2019, 11:52 PM
Those were cool.

TimDunkem
12-12-2019, 11:53 PM
Nah. He won't get enough minutes.

gospursgojas
12-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Like finger-rolling towels and Gatorade to Marco??? Sounds messy.

Prose
12-13-2019, 02:14 AM
i noticed he has been busting out the finer roll! From my understanding (born in 90) ice had way more arch and he would roll from further away. Lonie does it from a distance where i am surprised he is not just dunking the ball

Maddog
12-13-2019, 09:50 AM
A Spurs tradition

“One thing I could do was finger roll!” - George Gervin

th3answ3r
12-13-2019, 11:07 AM
It's not just a finger roll, it's a jelly layup. He cocks the ball back before rolling it

ZeusWillJudge
12-13-2019, 11:31 AM
For a long time I thought that if Lonnie had gone to a shit team that put him on the floor right away, he would be getting a lot of attention around the league. But now he's actually on a shit team, and they won't give him minutes.

He's got some shortcomings, sure. But he's got some skills, too. I love that video that Ace posted. Lonnie isn't going to be denied, and he just puts his head down and turns on the jets. There aren't many players like that. I'm about convinced that this season is shot. Lonnie needs to be on the floor getting experience, not watching from the damn bench.

Sugus
12-13-2019, 12:15 PM
For a long time I thought that if Lonnie had gone to a shit team that put him on the floor right away, he would be getting a lot of attention around the league. But now he's actually on a shit team, and they won't give him minutes.

He's got some shortcomings, sure. But he's got some skills, too. I love that video that Ace posted. Lonnie isn't going to be denied, and he just puts his head down and turns on the jets. There aren't many players like that. I'm about convinced that this season is shot. Lonnie needs to be on the floor getting experience, not watching from the damn bench.

Lonnie has a lot of skill, especially finishing. Those finger rolls aren't easy to do, he's got a grace for them that you can't really teach. The most infuriating thing about the current Spurs: not only do young players not get playing time over vets; but when they do get to play, they are forced to feed the insatiable ISO hungry "stars" of the team. I caught Lonnie open at the 3pt line about 4 times last night, and none of those times did he receive a pass. HE should be the one getting force fed - it's maddening.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-13-2019, 12:29 PM
Lonnie has a lot of skill, especially finishing. Those finger rolls aren't easy to do, he's got a grace for them that you can't really teach. The most infuriating thing about the current Spurs: not only do young players not get playing time over vets; but when they do get to play, they are forced to feed the insatiable ISO hungry "stars" of the team. I caught Lonnie open at the 3pt line about 4 times last night, and none of those times did he receive a pass. HE should be the one getting force fed - it's maddening.

Yeup. DeRozan is clearly stunting the growth of our young players. Lots of us called it. Sniffers wouldn't believe us

Harry Callahan
12-13-2019, 02:22 PM
i noticed he has been busting out the finer roll! From my understanding (born in 90) ice had way more arch and he would roll from further away. Lonie does it from a distance where i am surprised he is not just dunking the ball

I saw Ice in his prime a bunch of times. He would finger roll from 5 or 6 six feet away from the basket to get it over a taller defender (especially from the baseline). Crazy stuff. Lonnie is a talented young guy and one of the few ways to watch this year's team and actually be entertained.

ZeusWillJudge
12-13-2019, 03:10 PM

That's it right there.

RC_Drunkford
12-13-2019, 03:39 PM
I caught Lonnie open at the 3pt line about 4 times last night, and none of those times did he receive a pass. HE should be the one getting force fed - it's maddening.

:pop: He is not Bryn Forbes

james evans
12-13-2019, 07:41 PM
Time to get him in some HEB ads with the iceman.