PDA

View Full Version : How to take the car keys away from Grandpa

MultiTroll
12-12-2019, 10:55 PM
Can any of these Car - Grandpa suggestions be applied to Team With Major Potential - Coach / de facto GM?

https://www.senioradvisor.com/blog/2015/07/how-to-tell-your-aging-parent-to-stop-driving/

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/taking-the-keys-if-mom-or-dad-wont-stop-driving-112307.htm

DMC
12-12-2019, 11:01 PM
What team has major potential? Are you watching the same team I am?

itzsoweezee
12-12-2019, 11:06 PM

I'm watching a team that gives make minutes and plays to trash players like DeRozan. The least clutch player maybe in the entire league

itzsoweezee
12-12-2019, 11:12 PM
Popovich and DeRozan deserve each other. A couple of washed up dudes the rest of the league has passed by. Ready for next season when both of them are off the team

BackHome
12-12-2019, 11:20 PM
It’s funny how the same thing that is playing out with the Cowboys-Jerry is the same things spurs are going with Pop.

TimDunkem
12-12-2019, 11:21 PM
It’s funny how the same thing that is playing out with the Cowboys-Jerry is the same things spurs are going with Pop.

I have a feeling that Pop won't fully let go until they literally pry the keys from his cold dead hands.

slick'81
12-12-2019, 11:21 PM
This will require the spurs making an actual trade

MultiTroll
12-12-2019, 11:22 PM
You can "Bump into Him" and Spill a Glass of Wine laced with Cyanide on him Richard "Iceman" Kuklinski Style.

Problem Solved.
Tell him the ATT Center has moved and there will be no more games there?
Would he fall for that?

sasaint
12-12-2019, 11:23 PM
I have a feeling that Pop won't fully let go until they literally pry the keys from his cold dead hands.

Yep. Ownership apparently is too apathetic or intimidated to ask for them.

sasaint
12-12-2019, 11:26 PM

Not remotely. Jerry has the Cowboys exactly where he wants them. They are making him piles of money. He doesn't care if they ever rise above 8-8 again as long as they keep making him those piles of money.

TimDunkem
12-12-2019, 11:26 PM

He has EARNED the right to take this franchise down in flames with him!

MultiTroll
12-12-2019, 11:28 PM
"Sell the car" was one of the suggestions.
But apparently the Holts will not sell and no Balmer type super above market value price is being offered.

sasaint
12-12-2019, 11:28 PM
He has EARNED the right to take this franchise down in flames with him!

Yeah, is that the weirdest comment on ST?

But it's what he's doing. Gotten over himself much?

DAF86
12-12-2019, 11:33 PM
Take him to the asylum.

Sugus
12-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Not remotely. Jerry has the Cowboys exactly where he wants them. They are making him piles of money. He doesn't care if they ever rise above 8-8 again as long as they keep making him those piles of money.

Isn't Pop the highest paid HC in the league? I wouldn't want off the $11M ride either if I were in his place, tbh

Keepin' it real
12-13-2019, 12:06 AM
https://i.imgur.com/DBvBMIP.png

Timmeh taking a page from Leanord's handbook and not supporting the team from the bench! Shocking!!! And a major disappointment. :(

sasaint
12-13-2019, 12:16 AM
Isn't Pop the highest paid HC in the league? I wouldn't want off the $11M ride either if I were in his place, tbh

If the Spurs fall to perpetual .500 ball, they wont retain nearly the cache or profitability of the Cowgirls. In fact, many ST posters think fans will stop supporting a treadmill Spurs team, and the team will eventually leave SA. Pop is a short-timer. The Jones family will own the Cowboy cash cow forever.

JeffDuncan
12-13-2019, 12:24 AM

He gets paid for both being the head coach and also El Presidente of basketball.

Mugen
12-13-2019, 01:57 AM
The old man fucking over the franchise and the dumb locals for years to come lol

MultiTroll
12-13-2019, 11:47 AM
Yes. 11 million and change. Just slightly above Doc Rivers. Well above 3rd place Rick Carlisle.

Also from Sept 2018:

Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich Selling a 'Dream' Wine Cellar Along With Mansion
Earlier this month, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich listed his wine cellar and the 8,700-square-foot mansion attached to it in San Antonio for $4.5 million

https://www.mysanantonio.com/realestate/article/Spurs-Head-Coach-Gregg-Popovich-Selling-a-Dream-13264085.php

Sugus
12-13-2019, 12:31 PM
If the Spurs fall to perpetual .500 ball, they wont retain nearly the cache or profitability of the Cowgirls. In fact, many ST posters think fans will stop supporting a treadmill Spurs team, and the team will eventually leave SA. Pop is a short-timer. The Jones family will own the Cowboy cash cow forever.

Yeah Pop's just raking in the last big bag tbh, not a long term thing for him (fucking hopefully). I'm starting to think he's purposefully coaching like ass, so he can get fired, and still get paid while not having to coach the shitSpurs any longer tbh

sasaint
12-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Yeah Pop's just raking in the last big bag tbh, not a long term thing for him (fucking hopefully). I'm starting to think he's purposefully coaching like ass, so he can get fired, and still get paid while not having to coach the shitSpurs any longer tbh

Nah, the Spurs probably would give Pop a golden parachute at least equal to a single season's salary. He doesn't have to get fired to get paid.

K...
12-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Ownership doesn't have any incentive to intervene. If they fire him, they hold the bag and have to improve the team. If they don't and we suck, then there's an easier case for launching a new regime, but there's no hurray. If they get better than so be it. Another year of treadmill won't kill the team. Murray and lw may get frustrated but taking a low pressure recovery year isn't bad.

BackHome
12-14-2019, 01:15 PM
As long as we are loosing I am happy let the old man give us two years of great lottery picks and then retire.

In Pop I Trust To Tank

MultiTroll
12-15-2019, 05:22 PM
And then one day, Mom backed the Lexus out of the driveway right into a neighbor's parked car. Mom took no responsibility for the damage inflicted, even going so far as to blame our neighbor for parking in her way. It was both fascinating and horrifying to see her so easily justify this behavior.

My siblings and I did some digging and discovered that in New York, where my parents were living, anyone can file an anonymous "request for driver review." The form asked for some basic information before getting to the heart of the matter: "Your reasons for reporting this driver."

​Months later, Mom received a letter from the DMV informing her that she had been "reported" and was now required to take both the state's written and road driving tests within the month. Talk about livid. She was convinced that it was her neighbor — the one with the smashed car — who had ratted her out. Her outrage masked equal parts humiliation and the fear of losing her independence, worsened by a subsequent lung cancer diagnosis and surgery that, on the bright side, gave her an extension for taking the test.
While recovering from her surgery, she enrolled in a local driving school. She knew from the DMV letter that if she failed to appear or to pass, her license would be revoked. "I've been driving my entire lifetime," she explained to me. "I'll know when it's time for me to stop."
Finally, on the appointed day and hour, Shelia drove Mom to the DMV for the test. She passed the written part but failed the road test. When I talked to her later in the day, she sounded dejected but also furious at the examiner, who she said had been rude and condescending. A week later, his evaluation came in the mail: He had dinged Mom for poor judgment, being inattentive to traffic, failing to stay in the proper lane, impeding traffic flow, poor acceleration, poor steering, delayed braking and more. Indeed, his comments were rude and condescending, but they were entirely accurate. His final words:
"Extremely dangerous!! Turns wide into wrong side of road! Poor late braking. No observation at all backing. Completely unaware of surroundings. FAILED."

Exerpt from How to Get an Elderly Unsafe Driver to Stop

MultiTroll
12-15-2019, 05:23 PM
^ So could we write a letter to the league?

jjktkk
12-15-2019, 05:37 PM
^ So could we write a letter to the league?

Its amazing how much work you put in being a faggot on here. :tu

MultiTroll
12-15-2019, 06:02 PM
Its amazing how much work you put in being a faggot on here. :tu
Time you could have spent making up another profile while sniffing Pops used shorts.

jjktkk
12-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Time you could have spent making up another profile while sniffing Pops used shorts.

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:faggot

MultiTroll
12-15-2019, 07:27 PM
"One of the children still wanted Grandpa to drive the car. In spite of 6 wrecks and 3 DUIs. That siblings name was schtikkk."

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/tim-duncan-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-slam-dunks-over-kobe-bryant-of-picture-id51687960
5 rings faggot.

Spurtacular
12-15-2019, 08:16 PM

Depends. What team are you watching? Also, do you define major potential as the teensiest chance of winning a championship? :lol

MultiTroll
12-22-2019, 04:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGaIiwsTbA

Dverde
12-22-2019, 08:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGaIiwsTbA

You just talk him into a front office job then ignore him. Avoid calling it a retirement.

Extra Stout
12-22-2019, 03:45 PM
The only person in the Spurs organization with the stroke to tell Pop that it’s time to go is Tim Duncan. Until then, the Spurs will circle the drain, losing in the present while alienating the future. Spurs fans will just need to find something else to do.

cd021
12-22-2019, 05:53 PM
The only person in the Spurs organization with the stroke to tell Pop that it’s time to go is Tim Duncan. Until then, the Spurs will circle the drain, losing in the present while alienating the future. Spurs fans will just need to find something else to do.

Its on Duncan to save this franchise again, tbh

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-22-2019, 05:59 PM
He probably has no idea what to do because he’s never been in this situation before; also, he probably still really enjoys going to fancy restaurants after the game—I really think that might be playing at large roll in him sticking around. He’s probably coaching up some young sommeliers on the fundamentals of pinot noir.

Dennis the Menace
12-22-2019, 06:15 PM

sasaint
12-22-2019, 06:40 PM

This isn't exactly right. Tim might be the only person with the stroke to talk Pop into retiring. But ownership doesn't have to talk him into it; they can just give him a pink slip.

SayTown
12-22-2019, 07:14 PM
Pop is reminding me of Hitler in the Downfall movie.

TimDunkem
12-22-2019, 07:24 PM
You just talk him into a front office job then ignore him. Avoid calling it a retirement.

Control freaks don't work like that. He won't want it unless his finger is pressing all the buttons.

TimDunkem
12-22-2019, 07:26 PM
Pop is reminding me of Hitler in the Downfall movie.

:lol Someone make some Pop/Spurs related subtitles and put it over the clip of Hitler ranting about Fegelein.

JeffDuncan
12-22-2019, 07:30 PM

Too late for that. Pop is already El Presidente of the front office. President of Basketball Operations.

SayTown
12-22-2019, 09:44 PM
:lol Someone make some Pop/Spurs related subtitles and put it over the clip of Hitler ranting about Fegelein.
:pop:" Timmy and Kawhi will get us in the playoffs"

Becky: " Timmy retired 4 years ago and we traded Kawhi last year"

:pop: " I won 5 championships all by myself"

dbestpro
12-22-2019, 09:47 PM
Pop, by the time he is done will have earned the designation as the best and worst coach in Spurs history.

BackHome
12-22-2019, 11:42 PM

Oh someone’s got to do it I dare ya I triple dare ya. Lol

SayTown
12-22-2019, 11:52 PM
:pop:" Timmy and Kawhi will get us in the playoffs"

Becky: " Timmy retired 4 years ago and we traded Kawhi last year"

:pop: " I won 5 championships all by myself"

I'm an edgelord can I I get a sword gif that distinguishes that I'm an edgelord

Extra Stout
12-23-2019, 10:50 AM
This isn't exactly right. Tim might be the only person with the stroke to talk Pop into retiring. But ownership doesn't have to talk him into it; they can just give him a pink slip.The kids could, but they won’t.

sasaint
12-23-2019, 12:42 PM
The kids could, but they won’t.

I am holding out hope they will reach some deal for Pop to “voluntarily” step away.

ZeusWillJudge
12-23-2019, 06:20 PM
It's a shame we can't impeach his ass for obstruction of player development and abuse of coaching power. I wonder if DJ's dad qualifies as a whistleblower?

get_mills_out
12-24-2019, 05:34 PM
https://i.ibb.co/2YWwypq/Screen-Shot-2019-12-24-at-4-25-42-PM.png

UZER
12-24-2019, 07:19 PM
https://i.ibb.co/2YWwypq/Screen-Shot-2019-12-24-at-4-25-42-PM.png

:lol

JuneJive
12-24-2019, 10:20 PM
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1209631754316865536?s=01

cutewizard
12-25-2019, 10:24 PM
Who shall Ascend??

Duncan or the Woman??

cutewizard
12-25-2019, 10:25 PM
Bud should be perfect

cutewizard
12-25-2019, 10:27 PM
Hey guys do you know which FONT is that one being utilzed in the Clippers uniform?

Anyone pls

cutewizard
12-25-2019, 10:30 PM
The Bucks are the Spurs east, the truly new Spurs

cutewizard
12-25-2019, 11:38 PM
Or

Duncan as GM
parker as chief scout

Manu as the new Head Coach!!!

Floyd Pacquiao
12-26-2019, 12:08 AM
Hey guys do you know which FONT is that one being utilzed in the Clippers uniform?

Anyone pls

It's old english

cutewizard
12-26-2019, 04:53 AM
It's old english

Thanks goood Sor

cutewizard
12-26-2019, 04:54 AM
Sir

Mugen
12-26-2019, 12:12 PM
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1209631754316865536?s=01

I don't blame them for wanting out of that shit show eventually :lol

MultiTroll
01-03-2020, 11:36 AM
So Gramps is allowed to continue driving the car. No one, not even Duncan is going to even attempt to get the keys away for safety purposes?
Vs. OKC

Gonna love this little piece of court data from tonight.
29mins with Forbes on the floor, Spurs allowed 136.8pp/100p
19mins Forbes’ ass was on the bench, Spurs allowed 81.6pp/100p

-stats courtesy FkLA from Tweeter guy

MultiTroll
01-03-2020, 12:10 PM

This isn't exactly right. Tim might be the only person with the stroke to talk
Pop into retiring. But ownership doesn't have to talk him into it; they can just give him a pink slip.
You're both right. Ideally Tim but since he is not going to (up to this point and no reason to believe he is going to) then it would be up to ownership in a quiet non media way. Holt kids are obviously too pussy / hands off to do anything.

Bear in mind he could remain on the bench but allow sound of mind basketball people to make all major decisions. Then voluntarily retire at seasons end.

RC_Drunkford
01-03-2020, 06:32 PM
https://youtu.be/IYjhQORES6s

https://media1.giphy.com/media/26ueZUHKqT8U8VkPu/giphy.gif

lmao that's what he said? We were too much on the dribble? Or did we just play Bryn Forbes 31 minutes? This guy is so full of himself, it's always somebody else's fault

paperboy77
01-06-2020, 01:57 PM
The guy does go on to qualify his analysis on another tweet but still.... The simple eye test tells anyone, except Pop and his cronies, that good things happen when you play your good players. Just wow!

sasaint
01-06-2020, 02:23 PM
Could also be construed as excellent evidence that Pop is tanking.

It would be interesting to see Pop's rating each year of his tenure with the Spurs to determine how aberrant this year is...

RC_Drunkford
01-06-2020, 03:41 PM
this just confirms what I have been saying for a while. He's the worst coach in the NBA. And no, he's absolutely not tanking because he has a long history of doing dumb shit like this

dbestpro
01-06-2020, 07:48 PM
this just confirms what I have been saying for a while. He's the worst coach in the NBA. And no, he's absolutely not tanking because he has a long history of doing dumb shit like this

The question is bound to turn into how good could we have been without Pop making so many stupid decisions? Is he really senile or were the HOFs covering for him all along?

Prime BEEF
01-06-2020, 07:51 PM
I think pop is so confident in himself that even if he lost every game the rest of this season, he’d still walk in for training camp next season acting like he’s the shit, the GOAT and ready to win another title lol. He’s so delusional it’s sad.

RC_Drunkford
01-06-2020, 08:25 PM
I think pop is so confident in himself that even if he lost every game the rest of this season, he’d still walk in for training camp next season acting like he’s the shit, the GOAT and ready to win another title lol. He’s so delusional it’s sad.

He's full of himself. 2014 has made him that way. He thinks he knows it all, his ego is literally destroying the franchise. No wonder all the assistants walked. He won't listen to them

MultiTroll
01-10-2020, 09:13 PM
Started Forbes again. :depressed

Seriously people, how can we get the keys?

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:08 PM

Irony forbes played well lonnie did not

MultiTroll
08-13-2020, 07:13 PM
I am holding out hope they will reach some deal for Pop to “voluntarily” step away.
New odds?

MultiTroll
02-01-2021, 10:53 PM
Taking the Keys Away: What to Do If a Senior Won't Stop Driving

Where to Get Help with Taking the Keys Away from an Elderly Driver

MultiTroll
02-24-2021, 10:21 PM
https://static.ffx.io/images/$width_768%2C$height_432/t_crop_fill/t_sharpen%2Cq_auto%2Cf_auto%2Cdpr_auto/fc4e0a1e2b8882e657c4ce034c167cb08661cf2d
OKC 102 Spurs 99

Spurtacular
02-25-2021, 11:29 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/8mnou9luIGYlyLZpNd/giphy.gif

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2021, 12:07 AM
https://static.ffx.io/images/$width_768%2C$height_432/t_crop_fill/t_sharpen%2Cq_auto%2Cf_auto%2Cdpr_auto/fc4e0a1e2b8882e657c4ce034c167cb08661cf2d
Pacers 102 Spurs 99

At least Pop probably knows who the Spurs played last night.

RC_Drunkford
04-30-2021, 09:00 PM
Alzheimovich strikes again

gospursgojas
04-30-2021, 11:09 PM
Patty in closing time needs to stop immediately

slick'81
05-01-2021, 12:43 AM
Patty in closing time needs to stop immediately

Hes pops goto and that isnt going to change this season as long as that bs playin is in the spurs sniffs

Rummpd
05-02-2021, 02:42 PM
He resigns or gets fired (never happen) I get excited SAS again.

LeBowen
05-05-2021, 04:06 PM
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1389930540409794570

Let's hope that the Bucks choke again, Pop wins the gold medal in Tokyo and then starts feeling sorry for Bud, so he steps down and gives Bud the job.

The Truth #6
05-05-2021, 04:31 PM
Bud could easily be our next coach.

GAustex
05-05-2021, 04:46 PM
Please please please
Or Quinn

MultiTroll
05-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Let's hope that the Bucks choke again, Pop wins the gold medal in Tokyo and then starts feeling sorry for Bud, so he steps down and gives Bud the job.
Oh hell no!

Get any semblance of like minded losing coaches entirely TFO.
Bucks in the clutch look like Popped's no MVP teams.

poopbox
05-05-2021, 08:14 PM
I like Bud but don't want him as a coach. He makes virtually every mistake gregg with 2 g's makes as a coach

Kurgan
05-05-2021, 08:57 PM
At least Bud endorses modern basketball. He's the reason the Spurs embraced space-and-pace after 2010. Much better options than Becky who's a spineless yes man

MultiTroll
05-05-2021, 10:06 PM
At least Bud endorses modern basketball. He's the reason the Spurs embraced space-and-pace after 2010. Much better options than Becky who's a spineless yes man

I like Bud but don't want him as a coach. He makes virtually every mistake gregg with 2 g's makes as a coach
See the final inbounds play vs Wiz tonight.
I mean really, check it out it will be on NBA highlights.

Almost Popped another defeat from the jaws of victory. Bud's got a ways to go but he's getting right there with the Master.

MultiTroll
05-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Meanwhile at the Salt Lake YMCA.

Wow some of these final 2 minutes plays.

duncan2k5
05-07-2021, 01:53 PM
The problem with Pop too is that if someone tells him what he should do, he doubles down on the opposite...so if we say it's stupid that patty is playing so many minutes, and that we shouldn't resign Derozan...he will probably start patty and sign DeMar to a max...

KobesAchilles
05-07-2021, 02:43 PM
The problem with Pop too is that if someone tells him what he should do, he doubles down on the opposite...so if we say it's stupid that patty is playing so many minutes, and that we shouldn't resign Derozan...he will probably start patty and sign DeMar to a max...
Thankfully Demar won't choose to re-sign here. He is like what 32? He wants a ring not to be in a city that hasn't made the playoffs in back to back years. He will look really good in Orange and Blue :lol

RC_Drunkford
05-07-2021, 08:30 PM

that's totally what I expect the offseason to be like. And our big FA signing will be 36-year old Paul Millsap

rankingtear
05-08-2021, 01:48 AM

Why didn't he resign Forbes though. Because he hates 3's?

MultiTroll
11-19-2021, 08:26 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/74/40/35/74403576b145554da6f2a7fa1563101f.jpg