PDA

View Full Version : No thread on 13 and 14 year old murderer kids?

ElNono
12-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Try them as adult? Not sure color of skin yet, might be mental illness or rap culture.

Millennial_Messiah
12-15-2019, 12:20 AM
nobody under 21 should be tried as an adult. No life sentences for anyone under 21 for any crime, though they shouldn't get out until like age 35

Spurtacular
12-15-2019, 01:25 AM
nobody under 21 should be tried as an adult. No life sentences for anyone under 21 for any crime, though they shouldn't get out until like age 35

You soft.

Millennial_Messiah
12-15-2019, 02:46 AM
You soft.

I lean left on prison sentences for crime, that's for sure. Everyone should, the ridiculously long sentences are an archaic problem in America. Europe is better with that. But I think fines for serious crimes are way, way, wayyyyyy too soft and outdated. Basically the fines are appropriate if the year was 1890.

Spurtacular
12-15-2019, 04:26 AM
I lean left on prison sentences for crime, that's for sure. Everyone should, the ridiculously long sentences are an archaic problem in America. Europe is better with that. But I think fines for serious crimes are way, way, wayyyyyy too soft and outdated. Basically the fines are appropriate if the year was 1890.

I don't mind the idea of lighter prison sentences; but willfully killing someone is f'd up. One kid I knew was killed by some teenaged fucker for his pocket money. That's no regard for life. But he was tried as a minor and out of prison by 25 with no record. Fucked-up shit man.

thispego
12-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Sounds like they had a little crime spree going on. Multiple petty robberies in the same area. Lock me up and castrate the parents

Millennial_Messiah
12-15-2019, 12:47 PM
I don't mind the idea of lighter prison sentences; but willfully killing someone is f'd up. One kid I knew was killed by some teenaged fucker for his pocket money. That's no regard for life. But he was tried as a minor and out of prison by 25 with no record. Fucked-up shit man.
like I said, out by 35 seems reasonable, 25 is too light

Spurtacular
12-15-2019, 01:14 PM
like I said, out by 35 seems reasonable, 25 is too light

25 always seemed really light; 35 doesn't make me feel much better. Even if I go soft on this sh**, I don't budge from at least 40 or 45. If anyone wants to then cry that their life is f*cked up, well the person you killed doesn't even have a life.

Millennial_Messiah
12-15-2019, 01:30 PM
25 always seemed really light; 35 doesn't make me feel much better. Even if I go soft on this sh**, I don't budge from at least 40 or 45. If anyone wants to then cry that their life is f*cked up, well the person you killed doesn't even have a life.
Yes, but the kid was underage. Kids make mistakes.

Spurtacular
12-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Yes, but the kid was underage. Kids make mistakes.

Murder is not merely a mistake.

Xevious
12-15-2019, 01:45 PM
I don't know the correct answers here... but is there ever a situation where a 13-year-old kid (who is already messed up) goes to juvi/prison for 20+ years and then becomes a productive member of society?

boutons_deux
12-15-2019, 01:47 PM
I don't know the correct answers here... but is there ever a situation where a 13-year-old kid (who is already messed up) goes to juvi/prison for 20+ years and then becomes a productive member of society?

US jails, prisons are not "corrective" in the least.

benefactor
12-15-2019, 02:01 PM
It's highly unlikely. I have several friends who spent all their 20's inside and they still to this day have a hard time doing well socially. But as you know, we stopped trying to rehabilitate people a long time ago. Jails do nothing but make criminals harder.

Psychopav Chump
12-15-2019, 02:18 PM
No thread on 13 and 14 year old murderer kids? (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282346&p=10009181)

Little things.

koriwhat
12-15-2019, 03:45 PM
It's highly unlikely. I have several friends who spent all their 20's inside and they still to this day have a hard time doing well socially. But as you know, we stopped trying to rehabilitate people a long time ago. Jails do nothing but make criminals harder.

online facebook "friends" you stalked don't count hulkster

Spurtacular
12-15-2019, 04:05 PM

Yea, all those long video game and jerkoff parties weren't good for you, were they, Snitch Factor?

Chucho
12-15-2019, 06:39 PM
Already covered this. Depends what they are, who they killed and/or why. There's prerequisites that need to be met for it to get it's own thread.

Funny watching folks deny it.

DMC
12-15-2019, 08:27 PM
Try them as adult? Not sure color of skin yet, might be mental illness or rap culture.

Perform a late term abortion. That should satisfy the fuck out of both sides.

ElNono
12-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Little things.

sup derp, not sure why you still pull the log in log out goods, but whatever helps your OCD, I guess...

ElNono
12-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Perform a late term abortion. That should satisfy the fuck out of both sides.

DEEEEMC

RandomGuy
12-16-2019, 10:13 AM

Agreed.

By the time you turn 30, you are not the same person you were when you were young. Should be judged on a case by case basis, but generally they will have to deal with the fact they killed an innocent woman for the rest of their lives, and that weighs on the conscience. Seen more than a few accounts of this.