PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Suns - Dec. 14, 2019

timvp
12-15-2019, 01:55 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-phoenix-suns-december-14-2019/

tl;dr: Almost a terrible loss.

poopbox
12-15-2019, 02:11 AM
What happened to Rudy? Dude moves like he got two bear traps on his legs.

hombre
12-15-2019, 02:21 AM
Mexico is 1.4 miles in elevation, it's gets hard to run, but lol.

timtonymanu
12-15-2019, 02:37 AM

It’s like people forget he is coming off an Achilles injury and is breaking down/aging. Yet people were excited when the front office gave him a bigger contract in the offseason just cause he looked good last year in a contract year and I was dreading him coming back this season looking broken down. But typical PATFO, gotta pay those vets a lot more like Mills and Gasol bigger contracts and now they are doing the same with Rudy.

John B
12-15-2019, 03:09 AM
Thanks Timvp. I welcome the win, however notvdeserving. This Spurs team has the knack on playing down to a Bookerless Suns, particularly Aldridge. What would it take to awaken this guy? Bench him? But he would pout all night. And what’s up with Demar’s choking almost everytime when the game is on the line? All of us dream of sinking that winning shot growing up. He doesn’t like the moment and squirm short? Geez. I hate Bryn nit playing well, but if that’s reason to allow Lonnie to get more minutes, then be it. I hope Lonnie feels better. I hate to think he is injured and stun his growth. This team needs to learn lockon defense, as previously the staple of Spurs basketball. Let’s gob Spurs

poopbox
12-15-2019, 04:40 AM
Thanks Timvp. I welcome the win, however notvdeserving. This Spurs team has the knack on playing down to a Bookerless Suns, particularly Aldridge. What would it take to awaken this guy? Bench him? But he would pout all night. And what’s up with Demar’s choking almost everytime when the game is on the line? All of us dream of sinking that winning shot growing up. He doesn’t like the moment and squirm short? Geez. I hate Bryn nit playing well, but if that’s reason to allow Lonnie to get more minutes, then be it. I hope Lonnie feels better. I hate to think he is injured and stun his growth. This team needs to learn lockon defense, as previously the staple of Spurs basketball. Let’s gob Spurs

LMA is an archaic nba player who gets his inefficient shots in archaic nba ways. He is also to stupid and/or lazy to play fast. There is nothing that can be done about it. There is no awakening for a guy who can't play modern basketball.

Derozan has always been a choker. Nobody has ever believed him him more than Casey did and even he had to sit him at the end of that cavs series two years ago because Demar was such a trainwreck. Choking is one of Derozans signature traits.

Bryn is not an nba player. To short. Not athletic. Short arms. Poor lateral movement. Dude is going to go the Jonathan Simmons route where he gets one more contract from someone else and then it out of the league playing for the Saginaw Wooden Spoons or whatever league it is that Simmons is in now.

vavvi
12-15-2019, 06:33 AM
1. It's time to reduce LMA minutes. Poeltl deserves it.

2. Mills is our leader. He cares the most. He plays the closest to his ceiling. He tries and encourages others. And he is our best clutch option. I know it sounds depressing but that's how it is

Cryptic Parable
12-15-2019, 07:01 AM
I was saying the same about Mills being the leader which is sad when he’s not even a starter or all star caliber but we supposedly have two on the squad.

sananspursfan21
12-15-2019, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the grades. This team is sad. I dunno what else to say

Keepin' it real
12-15-2019, 09:50 AM
LMA is an archaic nba player who gets his inefficient shots in archaic nba ways. He is also to stupid and/or lazy to play fast. There is nothing that can be done about it. There is no awakening for a guy who can't play modern basketball.

Derozan has always been a choker. Nobody has ever believed him him more than Casey did and even he had to sit him at the end of that cavs series two years ago because Demar was such a trainwreck. Choking is one of Derozans signature traits.

Bryn is not an nba player. To short. Not athletic. Short arms. Poor lateral movement. Dude is going to go the Jonathan Simmons route where he gets one more contract from someone else and then it out of the league playing for the Saginaw Wooden Spoons or whatever league it is that Simmons is in now.

Yay team!!!

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-15-2019, 10:00 AM
how many years have the suns been tanking, and in this, their supposedly resurgent season, they are right now just as good/bad as the shittiest spurs team i’ve seen in a long long time

pitw lol suns

Mugen
12-15-2019, 11:07 AM
"It’s getting extremely difficult to justify Forbes’ placement in the starting lineup."

Never underestimate you and the other Sniffers tbh :lol

CGD
12-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Let’s just usher in the Murray-Walker backcourt already!

Truth4sale$
12-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Timvp. Your seem more and more depressed with these write ups. The vets are the problem, but Popovich wont bench them or reduce their playing time. Time to use the disguise of "load mgmt". These "vets", play so poor defensively, and receive all the playing time, yet Poppvich wont play the youth because they are not ready, have to learn defense and the system. Then why not play Poertl? Still keep Walker on the bench, keep rolling out Gay, Bellinelli. While Keldon Johnson languishes in the Gleague, the real Spurs could use his hustle and energy.

Biggems
12-15-2019, 11:32 AM
What is sad is we are good enough to keep winning enough to ruin any legit shot at a top 3 pick. Also, no team seems stupid enough to take 12 and 10 off our hands.

RC_Drunkford
12-15-2019, 11:38 AM
Timvp. Your seem more and more depressed with these write ups. Popovich is the problem

FIFY

R. DeMurre
12-15-2019, 11:41 AM
It's incredible how often the Spurs eke out a win and DeRozan registers a negative plus/minus. I can't think of another team minutes leader that is also consistently one of the most detrimental to wins. DeRozan & Forbes are literally 14th and 15th on the Spurs in terms of +/-, the two worst on the team: https://www.foxsports.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs-team-stats?season=2019&category=MISC&group=1&sort=2&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=0&sortOrder=0&opp=0

MultiTroll
12-15-2019, 11:50 AM
B+ for Popped :lol -starting Forbes and leaving in for 0-8 and lock down D. End of game putting ball in Defrozens hands with game on line -again.

Nothing about LMA leaving his man outside the arc to guard a player inside the arc. Ahead by 3 with under 6 seconds. That alone should dock a player two grades.

This current teams coach and his Pets have sub zero BBIQ.

RC_Drunkford
12-15-2019, 11:52 AM
"Marco Belinelli knocked down a shot and was again pretty good on defense" :lmao

He gets a B for knocking down 1!!!! shot??? And he a traffic cone on defense, I don't know which game you've watched. Also how is White's stat line of 2 points, 1 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 turnover in 22 minutes a C-? That's terrible production from a player who averaged 15 points per game in the playoffs

timvp
12-15-2019, 12:10 PM
"It’s getting extremely difficult to justify Forbes’ placement in the starting lineup."

Never underestimate you and the other Sniffers tbh :lol

Who are these fabled warriors you speak of? It's 2,000 vs timvp and exstatic, tbh :lol

The Alamo was a fair fight compared to what I have to work with these days...

SAGirl
12-15-2019, 12:14 PM
It’s a little bit concerning about Lonnie’s knee tbh

thanks for the review as always

MultiTroll
12-15-2019, 12:22 PM
I like the rest of the writeup tho.

Appreciate the work timvp.
Even if you are still in recovery @ Sniffer Rehab. :)

Mugen
12-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Who are these fabled warriors you speak of? It's 2,000 vs timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) and exstatic (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20), tbh :lol

The Alamo was a fair fight compared to what I have to work with these days...

There's a few more but the tide is definitely turning. Though, the Lonnie injury might just be the out that the Sniffers have been praying for :lol

BackHome
12-15-2019, 03:50 PM
Hate that we won we really need to be tanking this team is terrible no way we close to making a successful run in post season.

spurs1990
12-15-2019, 11:33 PM
When he’s a liability on defense and a force for evil on offense, it brings the whole team down with him.

I couldn't stop laughing at this line. Forbes was such a feel good story two years ago like those Ewok characters on Star Wars. Now he's a thousand times worse than jar jar banks.

tbdog
12-16-2019, 12:59 AM
Forbes is just playing a role far too big for him. He tries and doesn't shrink (game 7), but he is playing massive role which we are paying loses for.

Arcadian
12-16-2019, 01:12 AM
F+ isn't a thing.

ZeusWillJudge
12-16-2019, 03:16 AM

Am I the only one who thought that Gay looked like he's put on weight? Maybe that's another thing that has taken place slowly (or maybe it's just me), but I looked at him last night and thought "what the hell?"

rjv
12-16-2019, 12:12 PM
not only is forbes no longer deserving of a spot in the starting lineup, he's getting to the point where he may not even deserve a spot in the rotation.