PDA

View Full Version : tp interview

JUUOT
11-02-2005, 05:00 PM
November 1st, 2005
http://tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=93

“Good for the confidence"

Tony, you could not wish for a better evening. You beat Denver after receiving your championship ring and on top of that you end up best scorer of the game with 26 points.

There was a lot of emotion prior to the game. I had goose bumps. It was very strong to see the 2005 NBA Champion banner and to receive this ring. Regarding the game, we did not have a good start thanks to some pressure we felt. Personally I think that everyone wanted to do too well. We had to wait for the second half to find a good rhythm and defend better. I was lucky to catch the wave in the fourth quarter (14 points, 7/7) and to lead the Spurs to victory.

Could you comment on this last quarter ?

There a lot double team on Tim Duncan. By putting three shots from the outside, I made them under the obligation to come out and took this advantage to penetrate. I thus could dish the ball to my teammates and score some lay-ups. We must not forget Michael Finley who was decisive by scoring 9 points in a row. Everything that happened tonight is good for the confidence. For a first game, we could not hope for better.

This type of success shooting is very encouraging for the rest of the season…

It is the result of the work I had started in July with Chip Engelland. It is great working with him. All is for the best now and I hope it continues but I need not to get carried away, it is only one game.

To the opposite of last season where you faced a difficult first month, you now start the season with good basics.

I become more mature. Before the game I did not wanted to think about it. I was relaxed and wanted to have a good time with my teammates on the court.

What does this Spurs’ team inspires you ?

It is very exciting to wear this jersey. With Finley, Van Exel and Oberto, we have a very good team. I stay aware that we have 81 games to go and we have a lot of work to be done in order to perform at our best. By putting the best chances on our side and staying healthy, I don’t see why would not be able to have a good season.

Carie
11-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks for posting for us!

boutons
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
"I was relaxed"

I could see that in Tony's face in every close up. The relaxation (instead of tension and its constriction) allowed him to be more creative, to flow, to do new stuff, like post up Earl, and move a lot better without the ball. Hitting his shots was a bonus.

xcoriate
11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
thanks juuot
:)

lilmads
11-02-2005, 07:30 PM
thanks a bunch Juuot!:)