PDA

View Full Version : White-Murray Sighting; DeRozan Moping

Pages : [1] 2

timvp
12-16-2019, 10:38 PM
Disappointing loss against the Rockets after having a 25-point lead. Not really surprising though since the Spurs lost all momentum late in the second quarter and never got it back.

Few interesting subplots:

1) The duo of Derrick White and Dejounte Murray looked really good. Defensively, it was all we could have imagined. The Rockets tried setting screens with their guards to free up Harden and that duo just ate it up. Houston had to start running different plays. Offensively, it looked fine. Improved passing and pace in the small sample size; White-Murray played the final 4:46 of the game. Pop has to play this duo more often.

2) With White and Murray on the court, DeRozan was off of it. Was it because he wasn't playing well or Pop is so paranoid about spacing that he doesn't dare play a lineup that features White, Murray and DeRozan? If it was the former, that's understandable as DeRozan was just being a sourpuss out there all game long anyways. If it's the latter, I don't agree with that decision. Houston's defense isn't sophisticated enough to take advantage of the lack of spacing.

3) DeRozan's moping is getting out of hand. Tonight, he was moping all throughout the game and then when he was on the bench for the final 4:46, he was barely watching the game. He was sitting on the end of the bench showing no emotion and not even attempting to watch when his teammates were standing up in front of him. I'm officially on the don't-extend-DeRozan-at-any-price bandwagon.

slick'81
12-16-2019, 10:41 PM
So how do we get rid of derozan again?

Yogatti
12-16-2019, 10:43 PM

Send him to Detroit to re-unite with Dwayne Casey

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 10:45 PM
The two "stars" on this team are such sourpuss faggots. LMA checks out if he doesn't get touches and now Derozan is moping cause he was playing like shit all game. Meanwhile, Lonnie gets benched for breathing wrong and doesn't complain. Really can't stand these entitled faggots leading the Spurs. Derozan just needs to go. Period. Can't believe people were actually entertaining extending him because they bought into that "second year in the system" philosophy like he was suddenly gonna play better, but he's been a career loser his entire time in the NBA.

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2019, 10:46 PM
1. It took the idiotic coach 26 games to realize that they can lock up any guard pairing in the league, when everybody knew it before the season even started

2. Forbes had to be out there in crunch time, he's his favorite pet

3. DeRozan shouldn't be out there in the last 5 minutes cause he's a bonified loser

Dex
12-16-2019, 10:46 PM
DeRozan doesn't deserve to wear the same jersey as Tim, Tony, or Manu tbh.

Darius Bieber
12-16-2019, 10:47 PM
Problem with DeRozan is you ain’t getting much value back. He has pretty much zero trade value at the moment. Nobody wants a player stuck in the 90s in today’s NBA. Forbes and Bertans probably have more trade value than DeRozan.

slick'81
No offense timvp but we all know what derozan was/is and how spurs were duped into this malcontent loser is beyond me

Slippy
The momentum changed against the spurs when Demar started isolation ball in the last 5mins of the first half.

Pop played Demar almost all of the second half but closing. Says to me they on to it about his choking ability.

Darius Bieber
12-16-2019, 10:48 PM

Doesn’t deserve to be wearing Keith Bogan’s and Speedy Claxton’s number at this point tbh

Floyd Pacquiao
12-16-2019, 10:49 PM
Deprozac is a cancer and his play is cancerous :lol objective spurs fans like myself and not the dumb seal clapping spur fan have been saying this since he was traded here.

offset formation
12-16-2019, 10:49 PM
1. It took the idiotic coach 26 games to realize that they can lock up any guard pairing in the league, when everybody knew it before the season even started

2. Forbes had to be out there in crunch time, he's his favorite pet

3. DeRozan shouldn't be out there in the last 5 minutes cause he's a bonified loser

#1: To be fair to Pop, I heard an interview after the first game where he said he'd like to play those two together but couldn't due to the minutes restrictions on Murray. Not sure I exactly understood that logic but he did say it.

offset formation
12-16-2019, 10:51 PM
The two "stars" on this team are such sourpuss faggots. LMA checks out if he doesn't get touches and now Derozan is moping cause he was playing like shit all game. Meanwhile, Lonnie gets benched for breathing wrong and doesn't complain. Really can't stand these entitled faggots leading the Spurs. Derozan just needs to go. Period. Can't believe people were actually entertaining extending him because they bought into that "second year in the system" philosophy like he was suddenly gonna play better, but he's been a career loser his entire time in the NBA.

FYI, you are a shit human. Congratulations!

Mugen
12-16-2019, 10:51 PM
Disappointing loss against the Rockets after having a 25-point lead. Not really surprising though since the Spurs lost all momentum late in the second quarter and never got it back.

1) The duo of Derrick White and Dejounte Murray looked really good. Defensively, it was all we could have imagined. The Rockets tried setting screens with their guards to free up Harden and that duo just ate it up. Houston had to start running different plays. Offensively, it looked fine. Improved passing and pace in the small sample size; White-Murray played the final 4:46 of the game. Pop has to play this duo more often.

2) With White and Murray on the court, DeRozan was off of it. Was it because he wasn't playing well or Pop is so paranoid about spacing that he doesn't dare play a lineup that features White, Murray and DeRozan? If it was the former, that's understandable as DeRozan was just being a sourpuss out there all game long anyways. If it's the latter, I don't agree with that decision. Houston's defense isn't sophisticated enough to take advantage of the lack of spacing.

3) DeRozan's moping is getting out of hand. Tonight, he was moping all throughout the game and then when he was on the bench for the final 4:46, he was barely watching the game. He was sitting on the end of the bench showing no emotion and not even attempting to watch when his teammates were standing up in front of him. I'm officially on the don't-extend-DeRozan-at-any-price bandwagon.

It's Game 26. The Spurs are several games below .500. Both guys have played most of the season.

And you're still begging Pop to just even try that lineup. Where is your god now? :lmao

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 10:52 PM

I know you're a faggot sniffer so your opinion doesn't mean much FYI

Darius Bieber

lol no one asked you. He one of the legends here. An OG.

Mugen

:cry

phxspurfan
Randomly tuned in for the final 30s and def noticed DeRozan moping on the bench lol

acoelho1
2) With White and Murray on the court, DeRozan was off of it. Was it because he wasn't playing well or Pop is so paranoid about spacing that he doesn't dare play a lineup that features White, Murray and DeRozan? If it was the former, that's understandable as DeRozan was just being a sourpuss out there all game long anyways. If it's the latter, I don't agree with that decision. Houston's defense isn't sophisticated enough to take advantage of the l

DeRozan is just not Spurs material and his lack of effort on defense is inexcusable. Also, I want to see the Murray, White & Walker trio. That would be a force defensively.

Mugen
12-16-2019, 10:53 PM
Also, what? You weren't on the don't extend Derozan no matter what bandwagon before?

WTF? :lmao

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 10:54 PM

My dude :toast

timvp
12-16-2019, 10:54 PM
It's Game 26. The Spurs are several games below .500. Both guys have played most of the season.

And you're still begging Pop to just even try that lineup. Where is your god now? :lmao

White and Murray not even playing a quarter's worth of time together 26 games into the season is one of the most baffling coaching decisions of my lifetime, to be completely honest.

I can't even pretend to defend it.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-16-2019, 10:55 PM
Benching Demar, and playing The Backcourt of the Future, is consolation for this loss. Hopefully this accelerates the FO decision making.

timvp
12-16-2019, 10:56 PM
Also, what? You weren't on the don't extend Derozan no matter what bandwagon before?

WTF? :lmao

I went from the don't-extend-DeRozan-unless-it's-a-huge-bargain bandwagon to the hell-no-I-don't-care-about-the-price-tag-don't-extend-DeRozan bandwagon, FWIW.

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 10:56 PM
:cry

He’s probably one of those faggots that would keep Derozan over taking nephew back

Darius Bieber
12-16-2019, 10:57 PM
My dude:toast

We always got your back TTM:toast

MultiTroll
12-16-2019, 10:57 PM
White and Murray should play more together. And Walker. Instead of Bryn Forms, Patty and Belli. Wow, that requires genius level NBA observation.

2. Way to continue to showcase DDs trade worthyness. :rollin (He is excellent at midrange creating shots tho.)

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:00 PM
White and Murray not even playing a quarter's worth of time together 26 games into the season is one of the most baffling coaching decisions of my lifetime, to be completely honest.

I can't even pretend to defend it.

And to think tonight, the following had to happen for them to even sniff the court together:

-Spurs had to have been outscored by 29
-Had to have been playing the Rockets where you could play small ball (to be fair this is much pretty much any NBA team)
-Beli had to go 0-5 and get absolutely obliterated on defense (again, not really a shocker :lol)
-Pop to finally try and coach Derozan, with Demar subsequently responding by acting like a bitch the rest of the time

Now that I think about it, most of the above happens pretty regularly :lol

KimmyGib
12-16-2019, 11:00 PM
Pop's favoritism is out of control. Not sure I can think of a more egregious example of a pro-level coach playing favorites with players while the team suffers for it.

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 11:03 PM

Funny cause in my post none of what I said was inaccurate. Derozan and Aldridge are both entitled and soft and check out if things don't go their way. Far cry from how Tim and Tony were, who were yelled at by Pop, but still played hard and used that to get better. Manu was more stubborn but he earned that right to play his style. WTF have Derozan and LMA done, even before their time here to earn that reputation? One got shut down by the Golden God and continuously losing in the 1st round and the other was benched on his former team while they were on their way to getting swept. Sorry I don't support that loser behavior. If offset wants a Spurs circlejerking, take your ass to fucking Reddit. :lol

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:04 PM
Can somebody tell me how many minutes the Spurs have had a lineup this season that consisted of at least two of: Forbes, Beli, or Patty?

I know that White and Dejounte have seen about 15 minutes TOTAL this season so I'm really interested in the first stat tbh.

Robz4000
12-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Can somebody tell me how many minutes the Spurs have had a lineup this season that consisted of at least two of: Forbes, Beli, or Patty?

I know that Lonnie and Dejounte have seen about 15 minutes TOTAL this season so I'm really interested in the first stat tbh.

How many minutes of the season have Murray and White played together? Subtract that from the total minutes of this season and you have your answer.

offset formation
12-16-2019, 11:08 PM

Holy fuck. My bad. An OG?? LMFAO!!!!

Eat shit.

RC_Drunkford
DeRozan's defense was fun to watch. Every Spurs player closes out on the Rockets 3-point shooters only for DeRozan to overcommit and give his man a clear lane to drive to the basket. Shit was hilarious

Darius Bieber
Funny cause in my post none of what I said was inaccurate. Derozan and Aldridge are both entitled and soft and check out if things don't go their way. Far cry from how Tim and Tony were, who were yelled at by Pop, but still played hard and used that to get better. Manu was more stubborn but he earned that right to play his style. WTF have Derozan and LMA done, even before their time here to earn that reputation? One got shut down by the Golden God and continuously losing in the 1st round and the other was benched on his former team while they were on their way to getting swept. Sorry I don't support that loser behavior. If offset wants a Spurs circlejerking, take your ass to fucking Reddit. :lol

Can’t say anything even remotely critical about the Spurs to Popsuckers on here and on Reddit lol

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2019, 11:09 PM

I know that Lonnie and Dejounte have seen about 15 minutes TOTAL this season so I'm really interested in the first stat tbh.

Darius Bieber
12-16-2019, 11:10 PM
Holy fuck. My bad. An OG?? LMFAO!!!!

Eat shit.

He’s been talking truth for way longer than you’ve even been a Spurs fan

offset formation

How pathetic. Truly fucking pathetic.

Mugen
How many minutes of the season have Murray and White played together? Subtract that from the total minutes of this season and you have your answer.

Typo. I know Murray and White have played like 15 minutes together total this season. It's fucking insane. Imagine Manu and Parker playing that much 1/3 of the way through the season, what a fucking joke.

objective
12-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Because it was a loss, I doubt Pop learned anything from it. If anything, he'll blame the White-Murray combo for losing the game. Probably messed up the mojo. Forbes wasn't comfortable with both Murray and White there.

What's sad is that the notion of White and Murray averaging 30+ minutes a game and obviously having big swaths of time together is probably going to remain a fantasy.

And if that's a fantasy, then the idea of a Murray-White-Walker lineup is just a dream within a dream.

What I would give to see Murray-White-Walker combining for 90 minutes a night, with a hustling Keldon and an occasionally feisty Luka getting time. I'm not even a Luka believer. Don't really see him being more than a Saric as a likely good outcome in 3 years, and I don't think that is worth the wait compared to Thybulle or Clarke and what they provide right now. But whatever.

But damn this team could use some hustle and fire and desire and speed. And defensive potential. Ugh. It's there, but Pop doesn't want it.

offset formation
12-16-2019, 11:13 PM
He’s been talking truth for way longer than you’ve even been a Spurs fan

You wouldn't know truth if it slapped you in the face.

The truth is he is a piss poor fan. A whiny bitch of a man. Piss poor entitled loser that thinks he has the right to debase a player because he no likey the way he plays basketball. Grow the fuck up.

I hate this team. But I can hate the team without acting out at these guys like they owe me something. They owe you fucking squat. Capische? Get that shit through your fucking head.

Robz4000
12-16-2019, 11:15 PM
Typo. I know Murray and White have played like 15 minutes together total this season. It's fucking insane. Imagine Manu and Parker playing that much 1/3 of the way through the season, what a fucking joke.

Just goes to show Pop's lost the plot. He's been bad for a few years now but this season it's gotten way out of hand.

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2019, 11:15 PM
What was funny is that I watched the game on my phone with no sound and when the Rockets had a 2-on-2 fast break DeRozan let his man blow by and fouled him on purpose. At that point I said to myself they are probably in the bonus and he just gave them 2 free throws which was exactly the case :lol He was just lucky they bricked both like he usually does in crunch time

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 11:16 PM

The truth is he is a piss poor fan. A whiny bitch of a man. Piss poor entitled loser that thinks he has the right to debase a player because he no likey the way he plays basketball. Grow the fuck up.

I hate this team. But I can hate the team without acting out at these guys like they owe me something. They owe you fucking squat. Capische? Get that shit through your fucking head.

Again you can go on Reddit where the circlejerk is more to your liking. Love how my posts can get a rise out of you and that faggot Dejounte poster. Now kindly fuck off to over there, faggot.

UZER
12-16-2019, 11:17 PM

I know that White and Dejounte have seen about 15 minutes TOTAL this season so I'm really interested in the first stat tbh.

Yeah, on that note,

how many game minutes have neither Bryn, Patty or Belli been in the game?

I would like to see that stat. It feels like at least on of them is always on the floor.

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 11:17 PM

It’s more like benching the 2011-2012 version of Wing Stop so you can play the modern day Mason/Finley/Bogans trio :lol

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Because it was a loss, I doubt Pop learned anything from it. If anything, he'll blame the White-Murray combo for losing the game. Probably messed up the mojo. Forbes wasn't comfortable with both Murray and White there.

What's sad is that the notion of White and Murray averaging 30+ minutes a game and obviously having big swaths of time together is probably going to remain a fantasy.

And if that's a fantasy, then the idea of a Murray-White-Walker lineup is just a dream within a dream.

What I would give to see Murray-White-Walker combining for 90 minutes a night, with a hustling Keldon and an occasionally feisty Luka getting time. I'm not even a Luka believer. Don't really see him being more than a Saric as a likely good outcome in 3 years, and I don't think that is worth the wait compared to Thybulle or Clarke and what they provide right now. But whatever.

But damn this team could use some hustle and fire and desire and speed. And defensive potential. Ugh. It's there, but Pop doesn't want it.

Any other coach. Literally any other coach in the league or any coach from the last 10 years would have played White/Murray together regularly. You'd also see a White/Lonnie/Murray lineup as well with any other coach.

This one though? This senile fuck has absolutely refused to look at those lineups until he's absolutely desperate. It's really sad and somebody needs to take the keys away from him, he's an old old man that the game passed by years ago. It's sad watching him be so confused out there.

Darius Bieber
12-16-2019, 11:20 PM

When I go to games, they owe me a performance worthy of my ticket price. They owe the fans who spend money on merchandise to compensate their contracts.

We have a right to complain and not accept mediocrity as a fan base. You see what OKC is doing? Everyone was writing them off as basically last place in the west and a tank job this year. They’re doing better than we are. That’s low. Losing to Memphis at fucking home during Parker’s retirement ceremony? That’s fucking low. We as fans do not need to simply sit back and take what this inept front office is handing to us. Jesus Christ. That’s what being a fan is! You SHOULD be able to criticize and boo your team. THATS WHAT BEING A FAN IS ABOUT. FUCK.

offset formation
12-16-2019, 11:21 PM
Again you can go on Reddit where the circlejerk is more to your liking. Love how my posts can get a rise out of you and that faggot Dejounte poster. Now kindly fuck off to over there, faggot.

You only prove my point every time you call me a fa****.

Like I said, you're a shit human. And likely a lonely angry one at that. Congratu-fucking-lations!

timvp
12-16-2019, 11:22 PM
Can’t say anything even remotely critical about the Spurs to Popsuckers on here

Where?

https://media.giphy.com/media/tvGOBZKNEX0ac/source.gif

RC_Drunkford
Yeah, on that note,

how many game minutes have neither Bryn, Patty or Belli been in the game?

I would like to see that stat. It feels like at least on of them is always on the floor.

I can pretty much guarantee you that the only time none of them were on the floor was the Cavs game when Pop played Murray and White for 2 seconds and then quickly subbed in Patty for Derrick.

Mugen

Like I said, you're a shit human. And likely a lonely angry one at that. Congratu-fucking-lations!

Are you one of Bryn's 5 illegitimate kids? :lol

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 11:23 PM

:cry gotta love how you guys attack my personal life all the time. The most vanilla of all insults, wouldn’t expect any less from low IQ suckers

timvp
12-16-2019, 11:23 PM
I can pretty much guarantee you that the only time none of them were on the floor was the Cavs game when Pop played Murray and White for 2 seconds and then quickly subbed in Patty for Derrick.

To be fair, it would have been three seconds if the score keeper would have started the clock on time on that jump ball.

weebo
12-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Been saying it all along...these two cats are a cancer...career underachievers/losers...they don't care about winning they just care about their stats...25 years in the nba combined for our dynamic douche bags and 0 nba finals appearances :lol

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Any other coach. Literally any other coach in the league or any coach from the last 10 years would have played White/Murray together regularly. You'd also see a White/Lonnie/Murray lineup as well with any other coach.

This one though? This senile fuck has absolutely refused to look at those lineups until he's absolutely desperate. It's really sad and somebody needs to take the keys away from him, he's an old old man that the game passed by years ago. It's sad watching him be so confused out there.

it's common logic that you play both against teams who have 2 dominant guards like Houston, Portland, Dubs when healthy. Even those idiots at ESPN said that before the season. But Pop has to play Mills/Forbes line ups instead :lol

UZER
12-16-2019, 11:25 PM
Where?

https://media.giphy.com/media/tvGOBZKNEX0ac/source.gif

:lol

offset formation
12-16-2019, 11:25 PM
When I go to games, they owe me a performance worthy of my ticket price. They owe the fans who spend money on merchandise to compensate their contracts.

We have a right to complain and not accept mediocrity as a fan base. You see what OKC is doing? Everyone was writing them off as basically last place in the west and a tank job this year. They’re doing better than we are. That’s low. Losing to Memphis at fucking home during Parker’s retirement ceremony? That’s fucking low. We as fans do not need to simply sit back and take what this inept front office is handing to us. Jesus Christ. That’s what being a fan is! You SHOULD be able to criticize and boo your team. THATS WHAT BEING A FAN IS ABOUT. FUCK.

Yeah, no.

I cannot imagine if you were a fan of pretty much every other team in the NBA.

The only thing they owe you is effort. And a coach that demands it. After that, you're just a bitch.

Someday, when Pop leaves, you guys will know what you had.

I just can't abide a fan of such conceited immaturity. Grow the fuck up.

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:26 PM
Please for the love of god let DePression ask for a trade. I don't care what they get back. Even if it's John Wall's terrible contract. I don't give a fuck.

It's not even that he's a loser with his play, that part is not surprising. It's that the Spurs have 3 young guards that have to be around this career cancer and loser every day.

Get him the fuck away from this organization.

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 11:27 PM
These posters like offset formation :lol. You guys wouldn’t have lasted here when Laker and Mavs fans would troll the spurs fans up here and you would be the type of faggots to personal message the mods to ban them.

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:27 PM
it's common logic that you play both against teams who have 2 dominant guards like Houston, Portland, Dubs when healthy. Even those idiots at ESPN said that before the season. But Pop has to play Mills/Forbes line ups instead :lol

Supreme Sniffer exstatic was trying to spin it, saying that Dejounte and Derrick were both on minutes restrictions so they couldn't play together. :lmao

offset formation
12-16-2019, 11:28 PM
Are you one of Bryn's 5 illegitimate kids? :lol

Keep showing that ass. Human scum you fools are. Enjoy your miserable existence.

KobesAchilles
But he averages 20 points per game. Something Manu and Tony never did :cry
I would trade Demar and Gay. And at the end of the season let Forbes walk.

offset formation
These posters like offset formation :lol. You guys wouldn’t have lasted here when Laker and Mavs fans would troll the spurs fans up here and you would be the type of faggots to personal message the mods to ban them.

I've been here for a decade.

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:29 PM
Keep showing that ass. Human scum you fools are. Enjoy your miserable existence.

It was a serious question, link me the GoFundMe page, I'm worried about you :lol

Darius Bieber
Yeah, no.

I cannot imagine if you were a fan of pretty much every other team in the NBA.

The only thing they owe you is effort. And a coach that demands it. After that, you're just a bitch.

Someday, when Pop leaves, you guys will know what you had.

I just can't abide a fan of such conceited immaturity. Grow the fuck up.

Didn’t see much effort at all from this team besides maybe the Clippers game at home. That’s it. Pop does not demand effort if he lets Belinelli go 0-5 during crunch time.

When Pop leaves, I’ll be fucking glad to see who’s next. Hopefully it’s someone who isn’t afraid to mix in young guns when the “veterans” can’t do shit. I’d be fucking ecstatic to see Brad Stevens or Rick Carlisle or Quin Snyder at the head. I’ve been the one screaming for Rick Carlisle for years now.

FkLA
How about Poop going with Belli over Lonnie in the second half though?

It's so disgusting how he's almost looking for a reason to not play Lonnie. And with Belli, it's the complete opposite. He hits one shot and suddenly he wants to close with him. White-Murray-Lonnie would've been pretty exciting.

DPG21920

Lol how can you be that adamant about Derozan and still think it’s a good idea to run it back next year vs trading him?? That does not make sense to me. At all

weebo
12-16-2019, 11:31 PM

throw in lamarsha and you got a deal

Darius Bieber
12-16-2019, 11:31 PM
Lol how can you be that adamant about Derozan and still think it’s a good idea to run it back next year vs trading him?? That does not make sense to me. At all

The only reason I can think of is he’s in that limbo area where he sucks enough to not be tradable but doesn’t suck too much to where he’s cut-able.

UZER
12-16-2019, 11:32 PM

Just crazy man. Pop has lost it.

DPG21920
12-16-2019, 11:32 PM
Also for the love of God please DEMAND a trade Derozan. Force the issue. Say you’ll only play in La too; IDGAF

tim_duncan_fan
12-16-2019, 11:33 PM
Here's the thing though, if asked to take on Derozan's scoring load, would White-Murray have the stones to do it?

How many times do we have to watch the both of them pass up good and/or open shots before it clicks for them?

I am particularly frustrated with White because he has one slow gear the entire game every game and never plays aggressively ever.

timvp
12-16-2019, 11:33 PM
I might have to recruit offset as Jim Bowie to my Davy Crockett, tbh.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MajesticCraftyBronco-size_restricted.gif

offset formation
12-16-2019, 11:34 PM
I simply don't understand how pop puts up with DeMar's antics, like tossing balls and such. That seems like something that pop simply would not have accepted in years past

offset formation
I might have to recruit offset as Jim Bowie to my Davy Crockett, tbh.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MajesticCraftyBronco-size_restricted.gif

I'm your huckleberry.

DPG21920
Timvp & Offset: “Hey Harvey Weinstein has done a lot of good too. Let’s not forget that”

DPG21920
12-16-2019, 11:35 PM
I simply don't understand how pop puts up with DeMar's antics, like tossing balls and such. That seems like something that pop simply would not have accepted in years past

Agree. I get coddling stars. He’s not one. he’s not a Spur or the future. Treat him as you should.

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2019, 11:35 PM

Give all of his shots and minutes to Lonnie and he would average 20 as well, I said that before the season

Budkin
12-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Doesn’t deserve to be wearing Keith Bogan’s and Speedy Claxton’s number at this point tbh

No one deserves to wear the number of “The Centerpiece!”

timvp
12-16-2019, 11:37 PM
I'm your huckleberry.

:tu

Lend me your knife, friend.

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2019, 11:38 PM
Here's the thing though, if asked to take on Derozan's scoring load, would White-Murray have the stones to do it?

How many times do we have to watch the both of them pass up good and/or open shots before it clicks for them?

I am particularly frustrated with White because he has one slow gear the entire game every game and never plays aggressively ever.

it's not on White or Murray give those shots to Walker. He can score in bunches if you treat him like a go-to guy. And I guarantee you Aldridge would play better if DeRozan is gone

FkLA
12-16-2019, 11:38 PM
What was funny is that I watched the game on my phone with no sound and when the Rockets had a 2-on-2 fast break DeRozan let his man blow by and fouled him on purpose. At that point I said to myself they are probably in the bonus and he just gave them 2 free throws which was exactly the case :lol He was just lucky they bricked both like he usually does in crunch time

I lost it on that motherfucker on that fastbreak. I just fucking yelled "wtf are you doing you moron they're in the fucking bonus".

That was after two sequences where DJ had deflected passes straight to him and he coughed them right to the Rockets for easy points. Such a loser.

tonski17
12-16-2019, 11:39 PM
This team is in rebuilding state but I see a great future for them. They have the players who could be great both on offense and defense.

timvp
DeRozan does act like the ball is oblong when he goes for a fumble recovery . . .

KobesAchilles
Give all of his shots and minutes to Lonnie and he would average 20 as well, I said that before the season
DeRozan isn’t in my top 5 hated Spur of all time but he’s getting pretty fucking close.
1. Rodman
2. Bogans
3. Charles Smith (the dude has a super cool nickname and all this hype and I fell hook line and sinker for it)
4. Novak
5. Vaughn

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:41 PM

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong but I'm getting:

Minutes that at least 2 of Beli, Patty, and Forbes have been on the court this season: 413 Minutes
Minutes that Derrick and Dejounte have been on the court together this season: 10 minutes

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Collins21
12-16-2019, 11:42 PM
it's not on White or Murray give those shots to Walker. He can score in bunches if you treat him like a go-to guy. And I guarantee you Aldridge would play better if DeRozan is gone

For the sake of the team this is the truth. Just play around LA like we did two years ago it will be better than this.

ace3g
https://twitter.com/valem1962/status/1206789697609043968

offset formation
Timvp & Offset: “Hey Harvey Weinstein has done a lot of good too. Let’s not forget that”

To be fair to my POV, I am furious with some of pop's lineups. I cannot stand Demar and his style of play nor his immaturity. LMA fails to seem fully engaged at times. Bryn has no business starting because his D is abominable often times, especially when paired with DD. I wouldn't mind seeing DD traded. Etc.

But like you, I can say all of that without calling people fa#g*t and making debasing comments about a player based on nothing else than poor play. I find that shit unacceptable.

Mugen
12-16-2019, 11:43 PM

"Pulp Fiction was worth at least 10 sexual assaults"

timvp
12-16-2019, 11:48 PM

Real talk: Pop has his hands full with LMA and DD as his two man players. He can't yell at either one or else they basically shut down and quit.

RC_Drunkford
12-16-2019, 11:50 PM

Minutes that at least 2 of Beli, Patty, and Forbes have been on the court this season: 413 Minutes
Minutes that Derrick and Dejounte have been on the court together this season: 10 minutes

Not even Jim Boylen would be that stupid. Even Fred Hoiberg would know better

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 11:51 PM
Real talk: Pop has his hands full with LMA and DD as his two man players. He can't yell at either one or else they basically shut down and quit.

That was basically my point except mine was the vulgar version and got offset in a mini rant. It’s just annoying seeing them act that way and you have a guy like Lonnie who gets benched for any mistake and he doesn’t complain or even how Danny was treated while he was here.

DPG21920
12-16-2019, 11:52 PM
To be fair to my POV, I am furious with some of pop's lineups. I cannot stand Demar and his style of play nor his immaturity. LMA fails to seem fully engaged at times. Bryn has no business starting because his D is abominable often times, especially when paired with DD. I wouldn't mind seeing DD traded. Etc.

But like you, I can say all of that without calling people fa#g*t and making debasing comments about a player based on nothing else than poor play. I find that shit unacceptable.

I agree. I do chastise many on here for it too

timvp
12-16-2019, 11:55 PM
That was basically my point except mine was the vulgar version and got offset in a mini rant. It’s just annoying seeing them act that way and you have a guy like Lonnie who gets benched for any mistake and he doesn’t complain or even how Danny was treated while he was here.

A live look-in at Pop attempting to coach DD or LMA:

https://i.imgur.com/jpozXCv.gif

Joseph Kony
12-16-2019, 11:55 PM
glad someone else noticed. when they replayed the forbes shot that went in and out, dude was stone faced on the sidelines starting off into the distance. he doesnt care about winning at all, and it's painfully obvious

DPG21920
12-16-2019, 11:56 PM

Again, Not to beat a dead horse but you want to Keep that together for the hopes of missing out on a lottery pick so you can make the playoffs as a 41 win team? Also you don’t want Derozan at ANY cost and want to run it back?

This is not healthy. Losing is not healthy. Treating LMA and Derozan like that in front of the youth on a non contending team is not healthy.

It’s toxic and the results prove it.

objective
12-16-2019, 11:56 PM

What about minutes without ANY of Forbes, Marco, or Mills?

Maybe 2 or 3 in blowouts where Metu played, maybe?

Dennis the Menace
12-16-2019, 11:58 PM

It took you this long????

Mugen
12-17-2019, 12:00 AM
So Derozan and Aldridge being a couple of soft losers is a pass for Pop? Just trying to be clear here :lol

Robz4000

Disgusting.

timvp
It took you this long????

Key hyphens being those between "at any price," tbh.

timtonymanu
12-17-2019, 12:02 AM
So Derozan and Aldridge being a couple of soft losers is a pass for Pop? Just trying to be clear here :lol

Both parties are to blame and Pop has his hand in how awful the rotations are but LaMarcus Derozan are what they are. Soft and fragile and use pop’s criticism to check out instead of using it as motivation.

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:04 AM
So our young guys are learning from Derozan and LMA on how to act if you become a “star”. Seems like an aces idea from the front office for development

Floyd Pacquiao
12-17-2019, 12:05 AM
Seriously. Did pop and RC really not know how bad a reputation derozan had for being a head case? Its a disgrace

Mugen
12-17-2019, 12:06 AM
What about minutes without ANY of Forbes, Marco, or Mills?

Maybe 2 or 3 in blowouts where Metu played, maybe?

After tonight's game, the Spurs have played a total of 1273 minutes.

Out of those minutes the Spurs have played exactly 0 Minutes without ANY of Forbes, Mills, or Beli on the floor:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:07 AM
Even if you want to say Pop has it hard to go from GOaT to liability? Pretty big swing no?

timvp
12-17-2019, 12:09 AM

Out of those minutes the Spurs have played exactly 0 Minutes without ANY of Forbes, Mills, or Beli on the floor:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Let me double-check this work. BRB.

Mugen
12-17-2019, 12:10 AM
So to be clear, Aldridge asks for a trade after he makes the WCF. Kawhi and his group have been an issue as far back as 2015....

So PATFO decides to trade for arguably the most mentally weak "star" in NBA history?

And this is somehow a pass for the Old Man? crofl

Collins21
12-17-2019, 12:10 AM
So our young guys are learning from Derozan and LMA on how to act if you become a “star”. Seems like an aces idea from the front office for development

I don't disagree with DeRozan I tried supporting him but enough is enough. However I think Aldridge has been a hell of a Spur. I'm not insider who has major sources but I know that dude as played through injuries most people don't know about. Like that heart condition two years ago didn't just occur when we were told of it. Also dud e played with knee tendinitis most of that 16-17 year. You can hate the guy because it makes t easy for the team to trade him because you want a restart but don't lie on the guy like he's a cancer.

Dennis the Menace
12-17-2019, 12:11 AM

That’s a fireable offense. UNLESS they are tanking. It’s trully either Magnificent or shit coaching at which he should retire.

Mugen
12-17-2019, 12:11 AM
Let me double-check this work. BRB.

Seriously, please do. Also the 413 minutes of at least 2 of them on the court at the same time vs 10-15 minutes for White + Dejounte.

I'm genuinely curious and hope to god I'm really off :lol

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:14 AM
I don't disagree with DeRozan I tried supporting him but enough is enough. However I think Aldridge has been a hell of a Spur. I'm not insider who has major sources but I know that dude as played through injuries most people don't know about. Like that heart condition two years ago didn't just occur when we were told of it. Also dud e played with knee tendinitis most of that 16-17 year. You can hate the guy because it makes t easy for the team to trade him because you want a restart but don't lie on the guy like he's a cancer.

He demanded a trade from the Spurs :lol

And I’ve defended him but he’s not a leader in the true sense of the word. But I appreciated him for fighting while Kawhi was quitting

Collins21
12-17-2019, 12:16 AM
He demanded a trade from the Spurs :lol

And I’ve defended him but he’s not a leader in the true sense of the word. But I appreciated him for fighting while Kawhi was quitting

He demanded a trade because he wasn't being used properly I think you're missing that point. Dude could have just folded the next year without Kawhi but he didn't and I respect him for it. I guarantee you if subtract Derozan from this team you will see a complete 360.

timvp
12-17-2019, 12:18 AM
And this is somehow a pass for the Old Man? crofl

Why are you desperately searching for passes, tbh? I don't see any passes being given in this thread, tbh.

Robz4000
12-17-2019, 12:18 AM

This. Even with LMA's passive aggressiveness dude has been huge for this team several times. Still, it's time for him to move on as well.

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:19 AM
He demanded a trade because he wasn't being used properly I think you're missing that point. Dude could have just folded the next year without Kawhi but he didn't and I respect him for it. I guarantee you if subtract Derozan from this team you will see a complete 360.

So he only doesn’t quit if he’s the only star player on the team?? Ok.

Robz4000
12-17-2019, 12:20 AM
Why are you desperately searching for passes, tbh? I don't see any passes being given in this thread, tbh.

Not in this thread, but you know there's sniffers avoiding this thread like the plague wanting to give out free passes.

Mugen

Just wanted it to be crystal clear that Pop is every bit to blame for this shit show since he's the one who wanted to bring Derozan in :lol

Down Under
If DD gets that upset at getting benched, how's he going to handle being out of the league in 2 years?

Collins21
12-17-2019, 12:22 AM
This. Even with LMA's passive aggressiveness dude has been huge for this team several times. Still, it's time for him to move on as well.

If they move on they move on but these people who want to restart just say that don't lie on the guy like he's a cancer. Can he be a diva? sure but you don't make to the NBA without having some diva in you. Bottom line is Derozan is cancerous I can't defend him but blatant lying is something that bothers me.

Robz4000
12-17-2019, 12:23 AM
If DD gets that upset at getting benched, how's he going to handle being out of the league in 2 years?

Might just live in a Jack in the Box parking lot tbh.

timvp
12-17-2019, 12:23 AM

Well, there have been some lineups without those three. But not many..........

https://i.imgur.com/4wNEBJS.jpg

Collins21
12-17-2019, 12:24 AM
So he only doesn’t quit if he’s the only star player on the team?? Ok.

I'm pretty sure if Kawhi said he wanted to come back to the Spurs you'd be all for it and he literally quit when he was the star player. Like I said if they move on then they move on but stop twisting shit and lying on the guy like he's a bad dude.

Mugen
12-17-2019, 12:24 AM
Well, there have been some lineups without those three. But not many..........

https://i.imgur.com/4wNEBJS.jpg

Phew. For a second there, I almost thought Pop was a bad coach this season.

ShutUp SayItAgain!
12-17-2019, 12:25 AM
Phew. For a second there, I almost thought Pop was a bad coach this season.

:lmao

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:26 AM
I'm pretty sure if Kawhi said he wanted to come back to the Spurs you'd be all for it and he literally quit when he was the star player. Like I said if they move on then they move on but stop twisting shit and lying on the guy like he's a bad dude.

lol what? I didn’t say he’s a bad dude. I pointed out the fact he demanded a trade and said he’s not a leader unless it’s all about him but also said I appreciated him fighting when Kawhi quit.

objective

damn

how about this:

minutes without ANY of Murray, White, or Walker (with all active).

A hard request I know. And totals without the active qualifier would be skewed from the games that either Murray or White sat.

But I think there's a damn good chance that during active games the minutes without any of Murray, White, or Walker on the floor is MORE than Murray and White have played together.

Mugen
July, 2018.

Pop & RC to Demar: "We traded for you because we believe in you."
Demar: [Almost kills himself over a Jumbo Jack]

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:27 AM
8 minutes 😂. That’s like one of those hoarders agreeing to change and throwing away 2 socks

objective
12-17-2019, 12:29 AM
damn

how about this:

minutes without ANY of Murray, White, or Walker (with all active).

A hard request I know. And totals without the active qualifier would be skewed from the games that either Murray or White sat.

But I think there's a damn good chance that during active games the minutes without any of Murray, White, or Walker on the floor is MORE than Murray and White have played together.

just saw the timvp post. So it's what, about 9 minutes without Mills-Marco-Forbes?

I still think the minutes in all-players-active games without Murray-White-Walker will be more than 9.

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:30 AM
Ima start calling timvp Daffy cause dude is ducking the rebuild.

No one wanted it but based on reality there’s no other rational option.

slick'81
12-17-2019, 12:33 AM
Ima start calling timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) Daffy cause dude is ducking the rebuild.

Not true.spurs could still right this ship into 8th place,avoiding rebuild for yet another season

timtonymanu
12-17-2019, 12:36 AM
Ima start calling timvp Daffy cause dude is ducking the rebuild.

I definitely prefer to not make the playoffs, but the reality is the Spurs are still in the mix for it because the West is so bad at the bottom of the playoff seeds.

timvp
12-17-2019, 12:39 AM
Not in this thread, but you know there's sniffers avoiding this thread like the plague wanting to give out free passes.

https://i.imgur.com/Bf5u1xK.gif

timtonymanu
12-17-2019, 12:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Bf5u1xK.gif

Someone needs to clear their notifications :lol

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:41 AM
I definitely prefer to not make the playoffs, but the reality is the Spurs are still in the mix for it because the West is so bad at the bottom of the playoff seeds.

I agree they are in the playoff mix, but if this is the team and what you get? Not even the playoffs are worth it IMO. It’s toxic, trash, terrible & taxing (alliteration intended)

SpurPadre
12-17-2019, 12:42 AM

What about Ayres' and Bonner's jerseys?

timtonymanu
12-17-2019, 12:45 AM
What about Ayres' and Bonner's jerseys?

He was referring to players that wore #10 for us. Also forgot to mention David Lee FWIW.

poopbox
12-17-2019, 12:46 AM
Been saying it all along...these two cats are a cancer...career underachievers/losers...they don't care about winning they just care about their stats...25 years in the nba combined for our dynamic douche bags and 0 nba finals appearances :lol

Dynamic Douchbags :lmao

timtonymanu
12-17-2019, 12:52 AM
I agree they are in the playoff mix, but if this is the team and what you get? Not even the playoffs are worth it IMO. It’s toxic, trash, terrible & taxing (alliteration intended)

Definitely agree with you, but I always think the mentality with Pop is playoffs, even though his coaching and rotations are questionable for getting there so far. And fans really want to top that 23 consecutive playoff streak set by the team.

SpurPadre
12-17-2019, 12:52 AM
He was referring to players that wore #10 for us. Also forgot to mention David Lee FWIW.

Yeah but based on DeRozan's choking ass, I still posed a legit question, tbh.

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 12:56 AM
Definitely agree with you, but I always think the mentality with Pop is playoffs, even though his coaching and rotations are questionable for getting there so far. And fans really want to top that 23 consecutive playoff streak set by the team.

I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?

timtonymanu
12-17-2019, 12:57 AM
Yeah but based on DeRozan's choking ass, I still posed a legit question, tbh.

Lol I wouldn't say Ayres was a choker, just a G League type scrub who never worked out here. ie.) Daye, Joffrey Lannister, Jackie Butler, the list goes on.

Derozan is probably the worst choker as far as "star" players/expectations of him go for this team. He's everything bad about Manu and nothing good about him in the clutch.

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 01:02 AM
January 15th.

Rudy is eligible to be traded January 15th and he’s the last of the guys we are realistically waiting on to become eligible. 30 days more of this crap.

poopbox
12-17-2019, 01:10 AM

All nba players play through injury. Why Lamarcus get credit for it?

I watched Timmy play on one leg for 5 years and give it all he had until the very end...

I watched Parker rip his hamstring off the bone...be told by doctors it probably wasn't even worth it to rehab and come back...and then he rehabbed and came back...

I watched Manu damn near lose one of his nuts for this team...gave it all he had until the very end...

Hell i watched Danny hobble around with his groin damn near hanging out his shorts for an entire season...

And I'm supposed to be impressed caused ma touches played through some knee tendinitis ?

He has had that heart condition since college by the way. That's nothing new.

You don't think Lamarcus is a cancer? You don't think a guy who has the most team success he has ever had in his career AND THEN ASKED TO BE TRADED, isn't a cancer?

slick'81
12-17-2019, 01:12 AM
January 15th.

Rudy is eligible to be traded January 15th and he’s the last of the guys we are realistically waiting on to become eligible. 30 days more of this crap.

Dont see spurs trading him without gay asking out.Why resign him in the first place?

vander
12-17-2019, 01:18 AM

They don't need to take many more shots, it's Bertans that needs to

NASpurs
12-17-2019, 01:24 AM
Someone needs to clear their notifications :lol

Jesus Christ, how can someone live with that number like that in the upper right corner. Tim seems like the type of guy that pulls out his cell phone and he'll probably have like over 500+ unread GMail emails.

slick'81
12-17-2019, 01:24 AM

Derozan looking like "are you gonna put me back in?No?then fck you":rollin

NASpurs
12-17-2019, 01:26 AM
What happened to that Raptors fan that made his trek over here to support DeRozan after the trade? Even that guy quickly bailed.

timvp
12-17-2019, 01:42 AM
Jesus Christ, how can someone live with that number like that in the upper right corner. Tim seems like the type of guy that pulls out his cell phone and he'll probably have like over 500+ unread GMail emails.

To be fair, about 240 of those were DPG21920 trying to goad me into saying the Spurs should tank after the loss.

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 01:49 AM

To be fair, about 240 of those were DPG21920 trying to goad me into saying the Spurs should tank after the loss.

Bruh - Im about to do a give away: $25 gift card to WingStop for the poster that guesses when you finally crack and call for the team to blow it up.

As a tie breaker, you post the number of games back from the playoffs at that date.

cool cat
12-17-2019, 01:56 AM
Can we just start a Trade Watch for DeRozan thread...

Robz4000
12-17-2019, 02:02 AM
Bruh - Im about to do a give away: $25 gift card to WingStop for the poster that guesses when you finally crack and call for the team to blow it up.

As a tie breaker, you post the number of games back from the playoffs at that date.

I'm gonna go with that Thunder/Spurs game on Jan 2nd, with the Spurs being 7 games out of the 8 seed.

timvp
12-17-2019, 02:19 AM

Slippy
12-17-2019, 02:41 AM
All nba players play through injury. Why Lamarcus get credit for it?

I watched Timmy play on one leg for 5 years and give it all he had until the very end...

I watched Parker rip his hamstring off the bone...be told by doctors it probably wasn't even worth it to rehab and come back...and then he rehabbed and came back...

I watched Manu damn near lose one of his nuts for this team...gave it all he had until the very end...

Hell i watched Danny hobble around with his groin damn near hanging out his shorts for an entire season...

And I'm supposed to be impressed caused ma touches played through some knee tendinitis ?

He has had that heart condition since college by the way. That's nothing new.

You don't think Lamarcus is a cancer? You don't think a guy who has the most team success he has ever had in his career AND THEN ASKED TO BE TRADED, isn't a cancer?
No he aint a cancer. Your post reitereated that. Other spurs players impressed you playing thru injuires but Lamarcus injuries don't. That's the point you made. That's called a double standard.

Player a ask for trades publically all the time and it gets messy But single out Lamarcus for doing it privately. Keeping in mind they actually resolved it and played on. Nah fuk givng him credit for that.

All this in Derozan thread.. .. Haha

Btw Kawhi laughing at you.

vavvi
12-17-2019, 03:43 AM
Lots of legit takes here but:

We played an entertaining competitive game on the road against one of the better teams. I'll take that every time over a disgrace against bottom feeders.

I'd rather Patty was on the floor to take those 2 clutch 3s instead of Forbes. Patty would make at least one of them

hater
12-17-2019, 04:32 AM
OP is moping as well

John B
12-17-2019, 07:14 AM
It needed to be White, Murray and Walker out there. I still don’t see why when Rockets, Spurs had Beli out there, without D and not making a shot. Forbes was dribbling and fumbling the ball. The guy can shoot, but I have Danny-like cringes when Forbes dribbles to the rim. Pop should really load on defense. Why isn’t Caroll not playing?

Dejounte
12-17-2019, 07:16 AM
It needed to be White, Murray and Walker out there. I still don’t see why when Rockets, Spurs had Beli out there, without D and not making a shot. Forbes was dribbling and fumbling the ball. The guy can shoot, but I have Danny-like cringes when Forbes dribbles to the rim. Pop should really load on defense. Why isn’t Caroll not playing?

Lonnie was passive and invisible during all his minutes last night. He didnt deserve to play.

John B
12-17-2019, 07:20 AM
Derozan looking like "are you gonna put me back in?No?then fck you":rollin
The guy has no clue about team basketball.

poopbox
12-17-2019, 07:24 AM
No he aint a cancer. Your post reitereated that. Other spurs players impressed you playing thru injuires but Lamarcus injuries don't. That's the point you made. That's called a double standard.

Player a ask for trades publically all the time and it gets messy But single out Lamarcus for doing it privately. Keeping in mind they actually resolved it and played on. Nah fuk givng him credit for that.

They didn't resolve it. Nobody wanted him. They tried to trade him for a top 10 pick, it was reported all through the draft. But nobody would give that up for him. It was reported that when Kyrie wanted to be traded to the Spurs they were willing to deal LMA but cleveland didn't want him. If they could have gotten a top 10 pick for him he would not be on the team right now. If the cavs were willing to take him he wouldn't be on the team right now.

Name another player who ask for a trade after getting closer to a championship than he ever has? I can't think of one. I can't think of one player who made it to the WCF for the only time in his entire career and then said I want to play somewhere else.

John B
12-17-2019, 07:26 AM
Lonnie was passive and invisible during all his minutes last night. He didnt deserve to play.
I don’t agree. He had a charge and failed slum dunk among others, so that was not being passive. Pop should just roll with it so Walker would not be so tight out there, afraid to make mistakes. But maybe he was on minutes restriction after the injury.

duncan2k5
12-17-2019, 07:34 AM
DeRozan's defense was fun to watch. Every Spurs player closes out on the Rockets 3-point shooters only for DeRozan to overcommit and give his man a clear lane to drive to the basket. Shit was hilarious

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW THIS!!!! the guy is absolute trash...and when he overcommits, he doesn't even try to get back in the play

r0drig0lac
12-17-2019, 07:47 AM
Pop has no right not to use the best perimeter defensive duo in the league.

RC_Drunkford
12-17-2019, 08:03 AM
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT SAW THIS!!!! the guy is absolute trash...and when he overcommits, he doesn't even try to get back in the play

It's alibi defense. It looks like he plays D but he actually doesn't

superbigtime
12-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Trade derozan for anything.

boutons_deux
12-17-2019, 09:17 AM
LMA and DDR simply aren't winners, some talent and now wealthy for life (if they're not stupid) but not winners.

Sugus
12-17-2019, 09:37 AM

I disagree. He was active in rebounding and tried making plays in his limited chances; the problem for him starts at the top. He is simply way too down on the pecking order with any of LMA/DD/fucking Forbes on the field, and any misses he has get him pulled out. Guy just can't get in a rhythm, which leads to him being self-confident about his # of attempts, which leads to missing and being benched. It's a vicious circle and Pop has been awful at coaching him and bringing out his confidence after his explosion on the Rockets the last time we played them.

By the way... That game, Lonnie was also timid and making mistakes the first half. But Pop, maybe in an act of random synapsis from those old neurons, decided to keep him in the game - and what's more, players actually decided to feed him a few shots to get him in rhythm. The results were obvious. If you dare - go watch last night's game again... How many plays did the Spurs make that were designed to get LMA an open/semi contested shot? And how many did they design for Lonnie? The guy literally has to call his own number if he gets the ball, because it ain't coming to him any other way. Just sad.

And by the way, to that stupid ass poster who was saying DeMar isn't hurting the team... I'm hanging that up on the "awful fucking takes" wall, alongside Monty's retarded judgment of Lonnie. Well done tbh :tu

Sugus
12-17-2019, 09:42 AM
He's not stunting them. That's just a fan excuse for why their guys aren't playing well.

:lmao :rollin

Proxy
12-17-2019, 09:43 AM
Still waiting for Carroll to save the season, any day now

tholdren
12-17-2019, 09:44 AM

Marco played just as well as walker.

TheChillFactor
12-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Dude, if you remember we wouldnt even HAVE LaMarcus if he wasnt a bitch.

He cried about the Blazers putting Dame on billboards so he wanted to leave Portland. That being said, I thought he has been a HELL of a lot tougher than DeRozan. DeRozan is the biggest anti-Spur in the league.

Remember when he had a mural on the side of a Fred’s Fish Fry or whatever before he even PLAYED A GAME for us?

Cringe as fuck, IMO.

SAGirl
12-17-2019, 10:29 AM
If he's not traded demar can opt in, tbh. Only ElNono wants this. :lobt2:

SAGirl
12-17-2019, 10:36 AM
I went from the don't-extend-DeRozan-unless-it's-a-huge-bargain bandwagon to the hell-no-I-don't-care-about-the-price-tag-don't-extend-DeRozan bandwagon, FWIW.
Are you jumping to the trade him right now for cheez its bandwagon?

Russ
12-17-2019, 11:23 AM

DeRozan? Can't live with him, can't live without him.

The Spurs may not think of DeRozan as the future, but they fear the present enough to hesitate.

spurraider21
12-17-2019, 12:18 PM
exstatic be like... et tu, timvp?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-17-2019, 12:40 PM
good thing derozan got benched and dejounte-white played together so we can chalk up another L for the tank

oh and forbes omg srsly send his ass to china

BillMc
12-17-2019, 12:50 PM
In terms of atitutude, its not so much DeMar and LMA are bad, as they are normal NBA stars. We've all just been so spoiled by twenty plus years of selfless players like Timmy, Tony and Manu, etc. We're just dealing with norm, not the exception now.

rjv
12-17-2019, 01:03 PM
one can only hope this is the beginning of the end for DD.

Prime BEEF
12-17-2019, 01:16 PM
I think DDR will demand a trade. Which is a good thing since that’s probably the only way the FO wouldn’t extend him. But it’s not all good...he’ll demand a trade to a place that he wants to go to. Not sure where he’d want to go to besides Detroit to go play for Casey

spurraider21
12-17-2019, 01:50 PM
it was interesting that murray on harden and white on westbrook ending up being the better scenario for us. murray's length helps bother harden on his step back shots

rjv
12-17-2019, 02:01 PM
it was interesting that murray on harden and white on westbrook ending up being the better scenario for us. murray's length helps bother harden on his step back shots

i thought murray did as a good a job on harden as one could ask for; he was pretty solid.

Dejounte
12-17-2019, 02:10 PM
It's clear DeMar and LMA need to go... And as fans, we want these things expedited because we just want to see our team be successful. However, we simply don't know what goes on behind closed doors and they're probably waiting on a couple dominoes to fall before they act to maximize the potential of trades. My hope is that it's sooner rather than later. Like everyone, I'm tired of this loser ball from players who have low basketball IQ (Rudy, DeMar, LMA, sometimes Lonnie & DJ but they're still green). Beli doesn't even play dumb like these four, but he has lost his special skill of being a dead eye shooter...

DPG21920
12-17-2019, 02:17 PM
In terms of atitutude, its not so much DeMar and LMA are bad, as they are normal NBA stars. We've all just been so spoiled by twenty plus years of selfless players like Timmy, Tony and Manu, etc. We're just dealing with norm, not the exception now.

That’s a good point. The difference is you normally get wins for that type of attitude which is what makes it palatable. Winning 38% ( :lol ) changes the equation on what you put up with and why.

K...
12-17-2019, 02:21 PM
I think the chance of extension is low. By now the Spurs know his value. They can tell him,. Since he isn't working out, they won't extend him, but his best chance of getting to where he wants to be is to opt out and if he opts in hell be traded.

The Spurs were merciless to Danny Green when he opted in to a contract the Spurs didn't want him to

Kobe'sAchilles
12-17-2019, 02:39 PM
One of them is going to demand a trade. Demar is showing outward frustration with Pop and the Spurs while LMA is showing his frustration with his play. The dude hasn't looked engaged all season and is checked out on the court. I don't know which one will happen first but I expect one of them to be gone soon.

weebo
12-17-2019, 02:51 PM
this. :lol at this. These cancers are anything but stars. Stars lead their teams to an above .500 record--these guys are stat padders who just happened to be a little better than the player on the shit teams they were on..no surprise both teams got better after they got rid of them.

spurs1990
12-17-2019, 02:52 PM
How about we keep Derozan and LA this year and just demote Marco and Forbes. That alone should get us to the 8th seed

JeffDuncan
12-17-2019, 03:07 PM
How about we keep Derozan and LA this year ...

The Spurs are not going to be able to move those stinkin' contracts, unless Brian Wright is more of a whiz than anybody can reasonably expect.

... and just demote Marco and Forbes. ...

As long as they're on the roster, Pop will play them.

pookenstein
12-17-2019, 03:15 PM
The second half was a total fuck up by Pop. Playing a Marco-Bryn-Demar lineup and hope to defend your lead? Laughable. Running plays for Bryn to close the game even though it was painfully obvious that he was equally as cold in the second half as he was hot in the first? What the fuck?

RC_Drunkford
12-17-2019, 03:19 PM
By the way... That game, Lonnie was also timid and making mistakes the first half. But Pop, maybe in an act of random synapsis from those old neurons, decided to keep him in the game - and what's more, players actually decided to feed him a few shots to get him in rhythm. The results were obvious. If you dare - go watch last night's game again... How many plays did the Spurs make that were designed to get LMA an open/semi contested shot? And how many did they design for Lonnie? The guy literally has to call his own number if he gets the ball, because it ain't coming to him any other way. Just sad.

And by the way, to that stupid ass poster who was saying DeMar isn't hurting the team... I'm hanging that up on the "awful fucking takes" wall, alongside Monty's retarded judgment of Lonnie. Well done tbh :tu

Put Walker in pick & rolls and he's elite at scoring coming off screens. He did that in summer league all day. He's just not getting any sets run for him

r0drig0lac
12-17-2019, 03:46 PM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/12/17/21025683/san-antonio-spurs-made-case-dejounte-murray-defense-houston-rockets
"Derrick White must have felt a bit of confusion late in the Spurs’ Monday night loss to the Rockets. After spending almost all of the last year of basketball as the best perimeter defender on the floor, with a little over 4 minutes to go Derrick was suddenly and quite conspicuously targeted for a switch. "

spurraider21
12-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Bertans probably ha[s] more trade value than DeRozan.
:lol this is true tbh

acoelho1
12-17-2019, 05:10 PM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2019/12/17/21025683/san-antonio-spurs-made-case-dejounte-murray-defense-houston-rockets
"Derrick White must have felt a bit of confusion late in the Spurs’ Monday night loss to the Rockets. After spending almost all of the last year of basketball as the best perimeter defender on the floor, with a little over 4 minutes to go Derrick was suddenly and quite conspicuously targeted for a switch. "

Murray really showed his defensive chops this game. I expect him to be the best perimeter defender in the league.

ceperez
12-17-2019, 05:22 PM
The team leader's suck and so is the coaching staff.

TimDunkem
12-17-2019, 06:01 PM
Yeah DD and LMA - at the very least DeMar - need to go. I'll never understand why people here want us to limp into the playoffs with these softies just to get embarrassed by our rival Lakers, or Kawhi's Clippers. Some stupid slurpers here, tbh.

Prime BEEF
12-17-2019, 06:12 PM
Yeah DD and LMA - at the very least DeMar - need to go. I'll never understand why people here want us to limp into the playoffs with these softies just to get embarrassed by our rival Lakers, or Kawhi's Clippers. Some stupid slurpers here, tbh.
No worries. The spurs won't get embarrassed by those teams. This team ain't making the playoffs.

TimDunkem
12-17-2019, 06:40 PM
No worries. The spurs won't get embarrassed by those teams. This team ain't making the playoffs.

I still don't understand why some here want that for this team though. They won't be relocated after missing the post season once in 2 decades. We'll be fine...

FkLA
12-17-2019, 06:44 PM

Lonnie did a better job on Harden in the game here in SA than White/Murray ever have, imo.

And of course Poop didn't put Lonnie on Harden a single possession this game and benched him in favor of Shitinelli because he committed a charge.

Mugen
12-17-2019, 07:15 PM
:lmao SA media acting like Pop stumbled onto a genius lineup of Murray + Derrick White.

Jesus, do you guys really tolerate this garbage from the local news/reporters?

slick'81
12-17-2019, 07:17 PM
:lmao SA media acting like Pop stumbled onto a genius lineup of Murray + Derrick White.

fkn stoopid sa media

Beartrucci
12-17-2019, 07:23 PM
fkn stoopid sa media

holy shit... :lol indeed it was an “interesting” lineup decision, Mike.

K...
12-17-2019, 07:30 PM
I pity whoever takes over from pop, because those media types are going to uncork some legendary rage they've been saving up over the years

Leetonidas
12-17-2019, 07:34 PM

The most interesting lineup decision of the year? You mean the absolute most fucking glaringly obvious decision anyone with eyes and 29 other coaches would have done in game one? :lmao holy shit our local sports media is so fucking snifftastic

wildbill2u
12-17-2019, 07:36 PM
DeRozen needs to be traded to his old team if they have anyone we want or can get a #1 pick from them. If he is going to sulk on the bench and not help his team find out if he can play with the youngsters his value as a veteran who could influence their development goes to zero.

We will not be in a good trading position trying to trade him before a contract, but this is another consequence of the Kwahi debacle.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-17-2019, 07:37 PM

Its embarrassing. But they aren’t completely stupid. They want to keep their jobs. Pop has an odd relationship with freedom of speech.

duncan2k5
12-17-2019, 07:38 PM

Because he played with a condition means we should keep him on the team despite his reputation for pouting when he isn't the main option, and his ability to disappear in big games? Hell no...this isn't a charity...he isn't Spurs material at ALL

duncan2k5
12-17-2019, 07:39 PM

He didn't fold because he was the only option and that's all he ever wanted ..and he demanded a trade without giving a reason why. .it's only after pop couldn't trade him that he sat down with pop and cried about his touches

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-17-2019, 07:40 PM
DeRozen needs to be traded to his old team if they have anyone we want or can get a #1 pick from them. If he is going to sulk on the bench and not help his team find out if he can play with the youngsters his value as a veteran who could influence their development goes to zero.

We will not be in a good trading position trying to trade him before a contract, but this is another consequence of the Kwahi debacle.

Yep. I would love them to trade him back to Toronto, but considering how badly we got hosed with the last trade with them, I can’t imagine how paltry the return would be—one of their second round picks with a severe health issue, so to speak?

duncan2k5
12-17-2019, 07:41 PM
If they move on they move on but these people who want to restart just say that don't lie on the guy like he's a cancer. Can he be a diva? sure but you don't make to the NBA without having some diva in you. Bottom line is Derozan is cancerous I can't defend him but blatant lying is something that bothers me.

LMA is a cancer...wanted out of the Blazers when Lillard started becoming the man...same with the Spurs...and he has a bad attitude on court when things don't go his way

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-17-2019, 07:44 PM
It’s hard for me to distinguish which part of Demar’s bad attitude is an element of his diagnosis and what is someone who has challenges accepting change. To his credit, he’s very upfront about his depression.

duncan2k5
12-17-2019, 07:46 PM

LMA didn't ask for it privately...we ALL knew he asked! I was anxiously waiting for the moment he was traded and was PISSED when he wasn't...don't act like we only found out about it after the fact...we knew real time during the summer that he demanded the trade...

duncan2k5
12-17-2019, 07:56 PM
It’s hard for me to distinguish which part of Demar’s bad attitude is an element of his diagnosis and what is someone who has challenges accepting change. To his credit, he’s very upfront about his depression.

He doesn't have depression

FkLA
12-17-2019, 08:05 PM
Toronto wouldn't want him. You just know he'd walk back into that TOR locker room acting like he's the best player on the team even though Siakam is better. Why would they be ok with that? I can only see TOR wanting him back at the end of his career when he's stopped thinking he's a star.

Yogatti
12-17-2019, 08:08 PM
Funny thing is some raptors fans actually do want him back :lmao

slick'81
12-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Funny thing is some raptors fans actually do want him back :lmao

They can have their depressed riden son back

spurraider21
12-17-2019, 08:33 PM

:lmao god forbid pop makes more than 1 good decision per game

Slippy
12-17-2019, 08:51 PM
LMA didn't ask for it privately...we ALL knew he asked! I was anxiously waiting for the moment he was traded and was PISSED when he wasn't...don't act like we only found out about it after the fact...we knew real time during the summer that he demanded the trade...

Revisionist history. There's plenty of info and talk on this topic including my takes. Feel free to look back or start a new thread.

The sub pattern on Demar in the second half was the weirdest I've ever seen by pop. He didn't rest Demar in the second half till the last 5mins. It's was almost pre determined. Can only conclude he did this because didnt like how Demar performed in the last 5mins of the first half. When Demar went into iso mode ,was pretending to defend and looking quite emo.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-17-2019, 09:04 PM
He doesn't have depression

Well then he will be relieved to hear that he has been misdiagnosed. Whew.

ElNono
12-18-2019, 01:27 AM
If he's not traded demar can opt in, tbh. Only ElNono wants this. :lobt2:

extend, extend...

MI21
12-18-2019, 05:13 AM

This is a joke, right? The most interesting lineup decisions are those classic 2 of Mills/Beli/Forbes lineups for key defensive possessions, Mr Finger.

duncan2k5
12-18-2019, 05:49 AM
Well then he will be relieved to hear that he has been misdiagnosed. Whew.

He was never diagnosed in the first place...not has he ever admitted to being diagnosed with it...he simply mentioned depression in an interview and ppl assumed he is diagnosed with it...

If I go just randomly say I suffer from something without actually being diagnosed with it,that doesn't mean I actually have that thing...

He is confusing being an emo with actual clinical depression

buujness
12-18-2019, 09:48 AM
The fact that it's taken this long to see Derrick and Dejounte play together for any meaningful amount of time is beyond frustrating. Playing those two together was an obvious decision to make. Not only that, but we should have seen those two plus Lonnie out there already.

Pop's rotations this year have been absolutely baffling.

JeffDuncan
12-18-2019, 11:03 AM
Pop almost seems to have terrified himself with the thought that if he plays Murray and White at the same time he won't have a point guard for the bench.

RC_Drunkford
12-18-2019, 11:45 AM
"DeRozan also raved about Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. “He’ll be the first to tell you, ‘F**k basketball, we’re bigger than basketball,'” (https://www.ksat.com/sports/2019/12/17/derozan-talks-popovich-mental-health-on-cold-as-balls-with-kevin-hart/) DeRozan said. “‘How are you doing? How can I make you a better individual?’”

here's the reason why our record is 10-16 and why Beli and Forbes have to play every game

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-18-2019, 12:07 PM
He was never diagnosed in the first place...not has he ever admitted to being diagnosed with it...he simply mentioned depression in an interview and ppl assumed he is diagnosed with it...

If I go just randomly say I suffer from something without actually being diagnosed with it,that doesn't mean I actually have that thing...

While what you say is possible, it sounds very unlikely. For a professional athlete to go out of their way to discuss having depression while actually not having it, sounds like he would be someone looking for attention. And he is definitely not someone that is looking for attention. So it’s hard for me to see your point. And being emotional in a way that drastically affects your life is part of a mood disorder.

You actually have some article where he says I don’t have depression? Otherwise, it sounds fairly insulting to someone out there who actually does have a mood disorder to dismiss it so casually. I can’t stand him as a player, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have depression.

SpursDynasty85
12-18-2019, 12:33 PM

You know for sure he was never diagnosed? Even if he was, that is confidential information that only Demar would share. Even if he was not, you shouldn't let your hate for Demar grow into minimizing real "mental health". Mental health is a big issue that needs more attention.

"Moreover, it is estimated that in the U.S., around two-thirds of all cases of depression are undiagnosed (Wamala et al., 1999 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5769115/#bib27))." (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5769115/)

Dejounte
12-18-2019, 12:39 PM

You ask why people don't like you here? This post is why. For you to downplay depression is exactly why people commit suicide. You're a pathetic asshole.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-18-2019, 12:58 PM
"DeRozan also raved about Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. “He’ll be the first to tell you, ‘F**k basketball, we’re bigger than basketball,'” (https://www.ksat.com/sports/2019/12/17/derozan-talks-popovich-mental-health-on-cold-as-balls-with-kevin-hart/) DeRozan said. “‘How are you doing? How can I make you a better individual?’”

here's the reason why our record is 10-16 and why Beli and Forbes have to play every game

And a reason why derozan won't be moved and maybe even get an extension. Pop cares more about feelings than facts.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-18-2019, 01:03 PM
And a reason why derozan won't be moved and maybe even get an extension. Pop cares more about feelings than facts.

Very possible, unfortunately. The next few games will be telling. I’m guessing that quote was from when he first arrived here as a player last year, and was likely pop trying to quickly build rapport, especially since it had disintegrated with fun guy.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Very possible, unfortunately. The next few games will be telling. I’m guessing that quote was from when he first arrived here as a player last year, and was likely pop trying to quickly build rapport, especially since it had disintegrated with fun guy.

The benching with 4 min left was slightly encouraging though I'll add

jermaine
12-18-2019, 01:29 PM

This was on Kevin Hart's show but I've heard its some players that hate Pop cuz they dont give a fuck about being a better person or you caring about their personal life. They just wanna play basketball an Pop isnt that kinda coach.

J_Paco
12-18-2019, 01:57 PM

He is a terrible fit and a poor locker room leader. The sooner he is jettisoned, preferably for a 1st round pick or a young, "true" small forward the better.

Him being a bitch during the end of the game was sad. At least support your young, impressionable, up - and - coming teammates.

Also, I didn't like that Walker IV saw so little time in the second half and especially the 4th quarter. Pop needs to find more time for Poeltl, Walker IV and White/Murray (together).

duncan2k5
12-18-2019, 02:46 PM
While what you say is possible, it sounds very unlikely. For a professional athlete to go out of their way to discuss having depression while actually not having it, sounds like he would be someone looking for attention. And he is definitely not someone that is looking for attention. So it’s hard for me to see your point. And being emotional in a way that drastically affects your life is part of a mood disorder.

You actually have some article where he says I don’t have depression? Otherwise, it sounds fairly insulting to someone out there who actually does have a mood disorder to dismiss it so casually. I can’t stand him as a player, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have depression.

Depression is something diagnosed by a specialist...not something u just come out and say u have ..it's a condition...not a feeling ...DDR never said he was diagnosed with depression (something that ppl with actual depression says)...this generation just confused being really sad with depression...sonots insulting to ppl with actual depression to see someone say that they have it without being clinically diagnosed with it....u can't self-diagnose depression

duncan2k5
12-18-2019, 02:48 PM
You ask why people don't like you here? This post is why. For you to downplay depression is exactly why people commit suicide. You're a pathetic asshole.

How am i downplaying depression for someone that doesn't have it? So I can come out and say I'm a unicorn and because I say it that means it's true?

duncan2k5
12-18-2019, 02:56 PM
And it's not that DDR is doing it to get attention... He wants that narrative out there so he doesn't get criticism for choking

JeffDuncan
12-18-2019, 03:03 PM
What about the depression that DDR causes? Hm? What about that? He has caused thousands of Spurs fans to become depressed. How about a little consideration for all of his innocent victims?

DDR is not a victim nearly as much as he is a perpetrator. DDR has created an epidemic of undiagnosed depression among Spurs fans. People who really care should be speaking up, to try to end the depression that DDR is spreading.

If you really care about depression, and if you really want to help thousands of depressed people, then call out to get that self-centered, choking, childish, depressing emo attention whore off the Spurs roster. Before he afflicts even more innocent victims.

Yogatti
12-18-2019, 03:07 PM
A guy making $30 million dollars a year is telling everyone he has depression:lol

Cry me a river, debrick

Dr. John R. Brinkley
12-18-2019, 03:25 PM
Depression is something diagnosed by a specialist...not something u just come out and say u have ..it's a condition...not a feeling ...DDR never said he was diagnosed with depression (something that ppl with actual depression says)...this generation just confused being really sad with depression...sonots insulting to ppl with actual depression to see someone say that they have it without being clinically diagnosed with it....u can't self-diagnose depression

I would agree with you if you could somehow prove that he is being misleading about his condition. I’m looking at this as two separate issues: he has depression; he is ruining the Spurs basketball team.

OldMan88
12-18-2019, 03:25 PM
DDR is depressing the hell out of me, but that’s beside the point. Pop has to try and showcase both DDR & LMA or they’ll never be able to trade them. This season is pretty much in the crapper, so let’s get on with the rebuild.

JeffDuncan
12-18-2019, 04:18 PM
BTW the whole idea of DDR having depression is based on nothing but a tweet in which he was quoting a song lyric.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2018/02/17/innocuous-demar-derozan-tweet-stirs-social-media-support.html

He was diagnosed by Dr. Twitter.

MannyIsGod
12-18-2019, 05:51 PM
I will say this, those of you complaining about a lack of leadership can't also turn around and shit on how the Spurs prioritized culture all these years. It DOES suck when your "star" player acts like a little bitch, but that also proves why people like Patty have value outside of their statistical contributions. I think he's an alright player that could be a piece, but man if the guy isn't mentally weak and it shows sooooooo often. I don't buy that all NBA stars are like that now. I don't think most are. I'm not sure if either LMA or DDR could be a successful piece on a championship team, but its clear to me that they can't be the two "best" players on a team and that at least one of them HAS to go. Honestly I don't see how the Spurs make the playoffs after trading one, so they should probably move both while they can.

I was definitely in favor of pushing for the playoffs this year (and still am) because that record is incredibly special and will probably never be broken but at this point its probably not attainable. I'd rather see the youth struggle and get playing time than see Belli, DDR, and LMA play at this point. I still think that its possible the Spurs can be a decent team without the pretty quickly if White/Murray/Lonnie can take leaps or be more consistent.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Trade DeRozan already.

More importantly, where's Timvp's game grades? I was getting spoiled by all of his posts.

UZER
12-18-2019, 08:00 PM
This was on Kevin Hart's show but I've heard its some players that hate Pop cuz they dont give a fuck about being a better person or you caring about their personal life. They just wanna play basketball an Pop isnt that kinda coach.

Yeah I’ve heard this too. I was laughing so hard when Pop walked up to Kawhi and the game in LA earlier this season and was trying to give him coaching tips. Kawhis face was like, “for real? Oh now you wanna coach me? Get the fuck out my face.” :lol

Maddog
12-18-2019, 08:24 PM
I will say this, those of you complaining about a lack of leadership can't also turn around and shit on how the Spurs prioritized culture all these years. It DOES suck when your "star" player acts like a little bitch, but that also proves why people like Patty have value outside of their statistical contributions. I think he's an alright player that could be a piece, but man if the guy isn't mentally weak and it shows sooooooo often. I don't buy that all NBA stars are like that now. I don't think most are. I'm not sure if either LMA or DDR could be a successful piece on a championship team, but its clear to me that they can't be the two "best" players on a team and that at least one of them HAS to go. Honestly I don't see how the Spurs make the playoffs after trading one, so they should probably move both while they can.

I was definitely in favor of pushing for the playoffs this year (and still am) because that record is incredibly special and will probably never be broken but at this point its probably not attainable. I'd rather see the youth struggle and get playing time than see Belli, DDR, and LMA play at this point. I still think that its possible the Spurs can be a decent team without the pretty quickly if White/Murray/Lonnie can take leaps or be more consistent.
I think you've pointed out something, DDR and LMA are not Spurs guys. I really think DDR was a really bad miscalculation. Spurs have had success with unexpected players buying in, but DDRs game is inflexible and change in the game has it worse

UZER
12-19-2019, 12:08 AM
I think you've pointed out something, DDR and LMA are not Spurs guys. I really think DDR was a really bad miscalculation. Spurs have had success with unexpected players buying in, but DDRs game is inflexible and change in the game has it worse

Lot of those lately. Pop has lost touch with today’s game / player.

R. DeMurre
12-19-2019, 12:33 AM

DeRozan has the worst +/- per 100 possessions on the team, is a known defensive liability, makes bad decisions in the clutch, and is afraid to take wide open threes. Maybe he doesn't deserve to play. That's my issue with all this talk of the young players "earning" court time ... what's the lesson they learn from the bench? Watching DeRozan play the wrong/ most unSpurslike way?