PDA

View Full Version : Possible mass grave from 1921 massacre found

RandomGuy
12-17-2019, 11:16 AM
Scientists in Oklahoma are one step closer to finding possible evidence of mass graves linked to the deadly race riots of 1921. Researchers in Tulsa used ground penetrating radar to survey two sites and found irregularities that could be consistent with large-scale burials.

The neighborhood of Greenwood was known as black Wall Street. Restaurants, grocery stores and tailors were all black-owned businesses. In 1921 a white mob burned much of the Tulsa neighborhood to the ground, and some say as many as 300 black residents were killed. Almost forgotten by history, the city is trying to uncover the past and heal the wounds.Photojournalist Kavin Ross said he's grateful that a tragic, little known part of Tulsa history is now coming to light. "For decades it was hush hush," Ross told CBS News correspondent Omar Villafranca. "Even some of the survivors that I interviewed, they were quiet and telling me, 'Oh and the white people--' They were whispering in their own homes because they were brought up not talking about what happened.'"The white mob clashed with several armed black men who had gathered to protect a black shoe shiner who was unjustly accused of assaulting a white woman. After a shot was fired, violence broke out and hundreds of black people were massacred. Ross' great-grandfather was forced to flee the city after his business was destroyed. "You had explosions. You had people running for their lives. It was just hell on earth," Ross said. The horror was brought to life in the premiere episode of HBO's new series "Watchmen." Witnesses reported seeing bodies put in mass graves, but local officials hid evidence of any crimes. At a public forum Monday, scientists confirmed they discovered what appears to be an underground pit roughly 30 by 25 feet, which they said is large enough for up to 100 bodies. "But I'm as confident as I can be in the results that this is a very big candidate for something associated with the massacre," said Scott Hammerstedt, senior researcher at the Oklahoma Archeological Survey. "That's very powerful. That's the first time that we've had anyone say that from a technical standpoint in an open forum, in a meeting like this or to us," Tulsa Mayor G. T. Bynum said. Scientists are now planning to do additional surveys that could lead to excavations.

"Even if the preservation is truly excellent, we don't know who we'll find in there," University of Florida forensic anthropologist Phoebe Stubblefield said.

Ross said he'd like to see excavations by the spring. "You know we waited this long. We know where they are. Let's go get them," Ross said.

If a mass grave is found, members of the black community in Tulsa said they'd want the remains relocated to the Vernon A.M.E. Church, where its basement was one of the few places that survived the destruction. It would be part of a memorial.

https://news.yahoo.com/possible-mass-grave-1921-massacre-053533353.html

Spurs Homer
12-17-2019, 11:24 AM
Amerikkka

FrostKing
12-17-2019, 01:41 PM
Saw thread title
Thought WW1 connected so clicked
Read America
Leaving thread

baseline bum
12-17-2019, 02:02 PM
Saw thread title
Read America
Leaving thread

You saw 1921 and thought WW1?

Trill Clinton
12-17-2019, 02:02 PM
One of the greatest tragedies in American history and still relatively recent. I haven't seen it but I hear HBO's Watchmen mentions this in their pilot episode.

LkrFan
12-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Amerikkka

Yep. One that TSA and others embrace. SMH

LkrFan
12-17-2019, 02:06 PM

:lol

Winehole23
12-17-2019, 02:22 PM
1917-1927 was the nadir of race relations in the US, with the summer of 1919 being particularly bloody.

Coincides with the installation of Confederate statuary wth lost cause inscriptions all over the south.

spurraider21
12-17-2019, 02:31 PM
:lmao polish education

AaronY
12-17-2019, 02:42 PM

CosmicCowboy
12-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Pretty easy to figure out with a backhoe.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2019, 11:13 PM

:lmao

Winehole23
12-17-2019, 11:53 PM
Saw thread title
Read America
Leaving threadIt was war for sure, Greenwood got razed and the people there got massacred.

There was a redneck airforce: incendiary bombs were dropped from planes.

tenbeersbold
12-18-2019, 06:12 AM
A bunch of black people show up armed at a courthouse and murder a bunch of white people for no reason and you're surprised at the retaliation???
Now we just informally cede a portion of every major city to black criminals.Ironically these mini narco ghetto states are usually centered around a street named after Martin Luther King Jr.

Free tip white folks if you're lost in any major US city and find yourself on any street named after a Civil rights icon,lock the doors and GTFO lol.
And whinylibs don't fret... lots more white folks lives have been sacrificed on the altar of political correctness

According to the latest 2018 US Dept of Justice Criminalization report compiled by the BJS,feel free to Google it

Blacks committed roughly 540,000 violent crimes against whites
Vs Whites committed roughly 58,000 violent crimes against blacks

Sometimes reality isn't what YOU think it is

boutons_deux
12-18-2019, 08:51 AM
Blacks came back from fighting WWI (in segregated units, except for US blacks who joined the French Army and non-segregated units), expecting to be treated as equals since they fought and died as equals.

Chucho
12-18-2019, 12:30 PM
LOL, Frostking. Thank you for preventing this a thread from not exclusively becoming a "shaming people who weren't even alive for this, but someone needs to be shamed regardless" thread.

Brazil
12-18-2019, 12:31 PM

Spurs Homer
12-18-2019, 12:40 PM

:rollin

another “polish education” success story!

Winehole23
12-18-2019, 12:41 PM
LOL, Frostking. Thank you for preventing this a thread from not exclusively becoming a "shaming people who weren't even alive for this, but someone needs to be shamed regardless" thread.US history, are you allergic?

Chucho
12-18-2019, 12:54 PM
US history, are you allergic?

LOL, it went over your head.

RandomGuy
12-18-2019, 01:06 PM
LOL, it went over your head.

Never really bought into that tack though.

The people who did it, tried to erase the history, and covered it up, quite literally.

Should we just not try to remember that horrible things happened? Pretend they never happened? Lie about it?

What is your preferred treatment of this information here?

Winehole23
12-18-2019, 01:08 PM
LOL, it went over your head.I don't think so.

Chucho
12-18-2019, 01:21 PM
Never really bought into that tack though.

The people who did it, tried to erase the history, and covered it up, quite literally.

Should we just not try to remember that horrible things happened? Pretend they never happened? Lie about it?

What is your preferred treatment of this information here?

I already knew of the massacre, so it was a neat article.

I was laughing at Frostking for giving the thread a chuckle-feel instead of like the three or four shame posts it would have received before being buried.

Chucho
12-18-2019, 01:21 PM
I don't think so.

It did.

I already knew of the massacre, so it was a neat article.

I was laughing at Frostking for giving the thread a chuckle-feel instead of like the three or four shame posts it would have received before being buried.

Winehole23
12-18-2019, 01:31 PM
US history is a key part of understanding racial caste in the present. The point isn't to cause shame but to fix it.

pgardn
12-18-2019, 02:32 PM
Koriwhat does not care.

Lets make that perfectly clear before you guys go any further.

RandomGuy
12-18-2019, 03:39 PM
US history is a key part of understanding racial caste in the present. The point isn't to cause shame but to fix it.

+1.

If you can't acknowledge it, you can't even get started on addressing the problems created by the second and third order events.

RandomGuy
12-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Koriwhat does not care.

Lets make that perfectly clear before you guys go any further.

Piffle. He is on my ignore. I check his posts every once in a while, and don't regret that decision.

He has nothing worth addressing to say on any subject, IMO.

DMC
12-18-2019, 06:21 PM
I don't think so.

Yeah, your so far up your own ass though it's no surprise. Find an impressive word for that.

RandomGuy
12-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Yeah, your so far up your own ass though it's no surprise. Find an impressive word for that.

The crushing grip of reason. :yield

Your going to have to do better than that.

Winehole23
12-18-2019, 07:04 PM
Yeah, your so far up your own ass though it's no surprise. Find an impressive word for that.Sounds like a personal problem. Other posters have little problem understanding and responding to me.

(Shrugs)

Winehole23
12-18-2019, 07:06 PM
(Rectal-cranial inversion might be the phrase you were fecklessly grasping at.)

RandomGuy
12-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Find an impressive word for that.

Rectal-cranial inversion

DMC asks, yet again, for something and it is delivered. :rollin

Winehole23
05-19-2021, 05:23 PM

Winehole23
05-20-2021, 10:12 PM
the wealth of generations destroyed in a day or two in a racist massacre 100 years ago in Tulsa, OK, USA

Ef-man
05-20-2021, 10:14 PM

Winehole with the goods.

:lmao

pgardn
05-20-2021, 10:19 PM
Holy crap...

Will it make it to the textbooks...
When this country is afraid to tell on itself we are doomed.

pgardn
05-20-2021, 10:20 PM

Pile driver applied and successful.

DarrinS
05-20-2021, 10:23 PM
Democrat stronghold during that period

Winehole23
05-20-2021, 10:27 PM
Democrat stronghold during that periodAt least one survivor is still alive.

DarrinS
05-20-2021, 10:30 PM

At least one survivor is still alive.

pgardn
05-20-2021, 10:30 PM

wtf does that matter?

Winehole23
05-20-2021, 10:34 PM
wtf does that matter?That Dems are racists too is supposed to be some kind of refutation, rather than a confessed similarity.

Darrin's kind of dumb.

Winehole23
05-24-2021, 10:42 PM

boutons_deux
05-28-2021, 06:18 AM
Tulsa Race Massacre event canceled — after DHS warned of white supremacist attacks

On Thursday, KFOR news reported (https://kfor.com/news/tulsa-race-massacre/centennial-commission-cancels-tulsa-race-massacre-remember-rise-event-due-to-unexpected-circumstances-with-entertainers-and-speakers/) that

the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission has canceled the "Remember & Rise" event marking the 100th anniversary of the infamous race riot that destroyed "Black Wall Street" in Tulsa, Oklahoma —

following warnings from the Department of Homeland Security that the event could be a target for white supremacist terrorists.

DHS says they haven't seen any credible threats, :lol

but 'the current Homeland threat environment remains heightened,'" continued the report.

"It also says white supremacists, 'historically have used simple tactics, such as vehicle ramming, small arms, edged weapons, and rudimentary explosive devices to target individuals perceived as having ideologically opposing views, racial minorities, or law enforcement at mass gatherings or crowded public spaces.'"

https://www.rawstory.com/tulsa-race-massacre

Let's flip it

KKK/Proud Boys/NRA/Oath Keepers plan to march, to celebrate their racist "ancestors" slaughtering, fire bombing the Black Tulsa community

My guess is that red/racist OK governor would have police from Tulsa and region, and OK National Guard deployed to protect the racist marchers.

koriwhat
05-28-2021, 01:44 PM

Always... Just look at the states/cities they "rule".

koriwhat
05-28-2021, 01:45 PM
That Dems are racists too...

You could leave the "too" out for the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, etc...

FrostKing
05-28-2021, 01:55 PM
racial caste in the present.
Link?

If the problem is a divided society, then your issue is with multiculturalism and the parallel societies it breeds.

Winehole23
05-28-2021, 01:56 PM
This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list

Frenchfred
05-28-2021, 02:49 PM
You could leave the "too" out for the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, etc...

interesting how things can change and republicans are now the party that supports the KKK and racism

boutons_deux
05-28-2021, 03:41 PM
interesting how things can change and republicans are now the party that supports the KKK and racism

they always have been, since the 1950s, at least.

koriwhat
05-28-2021, 04:11 PM

Are they or are they the scapegoats for the propaganda machine perpetrated by the commie dems? You're so damn brainwashed you actually believe that stupid lie that's been fed to you by the establishment that the parties switch decades ago. :lmao

koriwhat
05-28-2021, 04:12 PM
they always have been, since the 1950s, at least.

Go read some more trash from MotherJones and RawStory you fucking loon!

Winehole23
05-29-2021, 11:11 PM
East St Louis, 1917

Carlos F. Hurd (http://www.stltoday.com/news/archives/post-dipatch-reporter-carlos-hurd-s-eye-witness-account/article_a5f77a44-d375-5300-95c9-e1733ba7df64.html), a reporter known for his harrowing interviews with survivors of the R.M.S. Titanic wreck, published a July 3 eyewitness report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The article was also quoted in The Crisis.

“The East St. Louis affair, as I saw it, was a man hunt, conducted on a sporting basis, though with anything but the fair play which is the principle of sport,” Hurd wrote. “There was a horribly cool deliberateness and a spirit of fun about it. ‘Get a n*****’ was the slogan, and it was varied by the recurrent cry, ‘Get another!’”
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/east-st-louis-race-riot-left-dozens-dead-devastating-community-on-the-rise-180963885/

pgardn
05-29-2021, 11:18 PM
Are they or are they the scapegoats for the propaganda machine perpetrated by the commie dems? You're so damn brainwashed you actually believe that stupid lie that's been fed to you by the establishment that the parties switch decades ago. :lmao

sounds interesting.

Can you give me some reading material that proves your point.
Thanks, your sites will be fine. If you are making up things in your head, forget it.

Winehole23
05-29-2021, 11:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2mjCY-VkAE3-Ie?format=jpg&name=large

ChumpDumper
05-29-2021, 11:20 PM
Democrat stronghold during that periodAh yes, the ol' Prager University history course.

Winehole23
05-29-2021, 11:23 PM
Texas related:

Slocum was 1910

Camp Logan was 1917

Longview was 1919

Winehole23
05-29-2021, 11:26 PM
TSU: 1967

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/gray-matters/article/The-TSU-Riot-50-years-later-11149852.php

koriwhat
05-30-2021, 04:46 PM
sounds interesting.

Can you give me some reading material that proves your point.
Thanks, your sites will be fine. If you are making up things in your head, forget it.

Take your right hand and hold it with your left hand because I won't be holding either of your hands. Good luck bro!

pgardn
05-30-2021, 06:00 PM
Take your right hand and hold it with your left hand because I won't be holding either of your hands. Good luck bro!

Winehole puts up sites.
You dream of lies.

No need to grab at me, just understand you have no standing when you dont reference info. Were you alive in Tulsa at the time? No. Then read. And if you cant do that, dream to yourself.

koriwhat
05-30-2021, 06:13 PM
Winehole puts up sites.
You dream of lies.

No need to grab at me, just understand you have no standing when you dont reference info. Were you alive in Tulsa at the time? No. Then read. And if you cant do that, dream to yourself.

You keep pretending as if I owe you anything PG. Why is that? I'm not beholden to you or anyone else here on ST or elsewhere. The entitlement is out the roof with you ST'ers.

Winehole23
05-30-2021, 06:16 PM
Another very good Michael Harriot thread

pgardn
05-30-2021, 06:28 PM
You keep pretending as if I owe you anything PG. Why is that? I'm not beholden to you or anyone else here on ST or elsewhere. The entitlement is out the roof with you ST'ers.

You dont owe me shit.
What you have proven is you dont know shit.
You make proclamations and cant back them up, thats total chickenshit.

You are the classic spoiled American that gripes about this and that and commie this and that and this and that never happened, you just make shit up.
Its chickenshit snowflake action.

You are going off about absolutely nothing in my estimation as you have no references, zero.
You understand you dont live everywhere and see everything all the time? You rely on info just like the rest of us.
You are just too nervous to give it up. The only thing I can gather is that you use the same sources as derp, and if this is true, you are will always be a victim of the commie in the closet.

Stay scared! It suits you.

koriwhat
05-30-2021, 06:32 PM
You dont owe me shit.
What you have proven is you dont know shit.
You make proclamations and cant back them up, thats total chickenshit.

You are the classic spoiled American that gripes about this and that and commie this and that and this and that never happened, you just make shit up.
Its chickenshit snowflake action.

You are going off about absolutely nothing in my estimation as you have no references, zero.
You understand you dont live everywhere and see everything all the time? You rely on info just like the rest of us.
You are just too nervous to give it up. The only thing I can gather is that you use the same sources as derp, and if this is true, you are will always be a victim of the commie in the closet.

Stay scared! It suits you.

The entitlement! I don't have to prove shit to you bro and that's a fact.

IDGAF what you think if we're being serious PG. :tu

pgardn
05-30-2021, 06:45 PM
The entitlement! I don't have to prove shit to you bro and that's a fact.

IDGAF what you think if we're being serious PG. :tu

I will repeat myself.
YOu dont owe me shit.
You are confusing entitlement with legit discussion on historical subjects.

Quit acting like you are being asked to do some sort of heavy lifting. Oh the ENTITLEMENT? this make ZERO sense.
You have opinions. They have sources and your thoughts. You dont want anyone to know. Good.

And you wonder why people just blow you and your commie this, commie that, completely off?

Yes I am serious. You are spoiled rotten. You are like a child that beats the table and cries and no one knows why, you cant communicate. Yeah, the IDGAF... sure. But you come back and post sweet nothings and cry, so you do GAF.

pgardn
05-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Winehole.

Apparently Tulsa and associated conflicts were commie generated.
Just to make you aware. And koriwhat does not GAF.

Winehole23
05-30-2021, 07:03 PM
Winehole.

Apparently Tulsa and associated conflicts were commie generated.
Just to make you aware. And koriwhat does not GAF.he should read something for a change. communism had nothing to do with the racist pogroms of the inter war period.

koriwhat
05-30-2021, 07:05 PM
I will repeat myself.
YOu dont owe me shit.
You are confusing entitlement with legit discussion on historical subjects.

Quit acting like you are being asked to do some sort of heavy lifting. Oh the ENTITLEMENT? this make ZERO sense.
You have opinions. They have sources and your thoughts. You dont want anyone to know. Good.

And you wonder why people just blow you and your commie this, commie that, completely off?

Yes I am serious. You are spoiled rotten. You are like a child that beats the table and cries and no one knows why, you cant communicate. Yeah, the IDGAF... sure. But you come back and post sweet nothings and cry, so you do GAF.

IDGAF what yall think about what I say here. I don't care to convince yall of anything nor do I owe you anything.

Go fuck yourself Mr. High and Mighty but when things don't go in your favor you insult and cry like the rest. Rinse and repeat bro! :tu

pgardn
05-30-2021, 07:11 PM
Commie in the closet, run!

I know, you dont GAF, but you will cry.
And no, you dont owe us anything.
The IRS following you or what?

And chill.
You will remain irrelevant in your opinions.
Its all good. I thought you might have something but you dont.
I wont keep searching an empty head.
continue, commie Obama... commie Post Office... commie wood shavings...

koriwhat
05-30-2021, 07:12 PM
Commie in the closet, run!

I know, you dont GAF, but you will cry.
And no, you dont owe us anything.
The IRS following you or what?

And chill.
You will remain irrelevant in your opinions.
Its all good. I thought you might have something but you dont.
I wont keep searching an empty head.
continue, commie Obama... commie Post Office... commie wood shavings...

I told you to kick rocks a long time ago but here we are... :lol

pgardn
05-30-2021, 07:14 PM
I told you to kick rocks a long time ago but here we are... :lol

WE...

There is no we.
There is you and ranting about nothing.

koriwhat
05-30-2021, 07:17 PM
WE...

There is no we.
There is you and ranting about nothing.

We as in.. You keep wanting to bug the shit out of me so it's def "We". If it wasn't you would've left me alone a long time ago when I said the same to you months ago bro. Get off your high horse already PG.

pgardn
05-30-2021, 07:25 PM
We as in.. You keep wanting to bug the shit out of me so it's def "We". If it wasn't you would've left me alone a long time ago when I said the same to you months ago bro. Get off your high horse already PG.

High horse...?
Because I ask you where you got info... This puts me on a high horse?
We are indeed a sound reasoning country with this type of analysis.
Do you remember how to get to work? there is some sort of information up there? you GAF about your ability to get to work?

Put me on ignore.

I wont do so with you just to make sure to keep up with everything people dont GAF about.
Im thinking you GAF about commies because the word is mentioned so often, but no. You dont GAF.
We need a forum for things people dont GAF about maybe.

koriwhat
05-30-2021, 07:29 PM
High horse...?
Because I ask you where you got info... This puts me on a high horse?
We are indeed a sound reasoning country with this type of analysis.
Do you remember how to get to work? there is some sort of information up there? you GAF about your ability to get to work?

Put me on ignore.

I wont do so with you just to make sure to keep up with everything people dont GAF about.
Im thinking you GAF about commies because the word is mentioned so often, but no. You dont GAF.
We need a forum for things people dont GAF about maybe.

Lol Even if you were on ignore you'd still bug me endlessly like Blake & Chump do with their shit notifications.

As well bro, you've been in threads where I've stated a couple sources I listen to and read. You just want to continue on and on about sources though and I'm done playing by yall's way. I literally don't care whether you agree or disagree with me, like me or dislike me, believe me or doubt me, etc. Yall don't matter to me whatsoever in the end bro. It is what it is.

Winehole23
05-30-2021, 07:32 PM
The Voting Rights Act and civil rights laws passed in the mid 1960s weren't magic wands that dispelled racism, they just provided remedies for racially motivated oppression and violence.

ElNono
06-02-2021, 04:27 AM
Grateful to have a President that can provide a first hand account of these historical events, tbh... IIRC, Old Joe was 15 when this stuff went down...

Winehole23
06-02-2021, 08:19 AM
Grateful to have a President that can provide a first hand account of these historical events, tbh... IIRC, Old Joe was 15 when this stuff went down..."This was not a riot, it was a massacre."

Trill Clinton
06-02-2021, 09:07 AM
I saw a documentary on the Tulsa massacre and one of the historian's said the black business owners and residents were kicking the racist whites ass up until the racist mayor called in the racist national guard for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCODTY7fmQ&t=620s

Edit:

The ones who really fought back were burned alive at the expo center in Tulsa. They made all of the blacks live in tents for over a year."​

On the Tulsa Race Riots, the story of Peg Leg Taylor who caught so many white bodies...that he had to load them in wagons and dump them in the river to avoid the post riot blow back on the POW's.

"Arriving at the courthouse, this group of armed blacks, numbering about seventy-five, was greeted by a white mob numbering in the thousands. The level of tension and hysteria was rapidly rising. Representatives of the black group were allowed to enter the fortified courthouse where Sheriff McCollough assured them no lynching would take place. Apparently assured by the Sheriff’s defensive preparations they left the building and were preparing to go back to Greenwood when the spark was lit.

According to the version heard by Robert Fairchild, the white approached a tall black veteran who was carrying an Army issue .45-caliber and said

, what are you doing with that pistol?”

“I’m going to use it if I need to,” came the reply.

“No, you will give it to me.”

The white man attempted to disarm the veteran and a shot was fired. Sheriff McCullough stated from that moment “the race war was on and I was powerless to stop it.” (7)

A prolonged gun fight broke out as the blacks withdrew toward Greenwood and Archer. Block by block the fighting continued into the wee hours of the morning. At one point the battle raged around the train station, which was held as a fortress by black defenders for an extended period of time. With the bodies of white attackers scattered through the streets, the blacks retreated into Greenwood. This overnight fighting is usually ignored or skimmed over in the stories of the Tulsa “riot.” Far from being helpless victims, Tulsa’s black population fought with brutal efficiency against the white invaders. It is not hard to imagine this defense was pre-planned, or at least theorized before the shots began firing. Regarding the “helpless victim,” mythology,

W.D. Williams has disputed this assumption, citing as evidence the large number of whites which he saw get shot by black snipers as they attempted to invade “Deep Greenwood.” The Oklahoma City ‘Black Dispatch’ of 10 June, 1921, reported it had received a letter from “a prominent Negro in the city of Tulsa” who stated that “from what he could learn on the ground, about one-hundred were killed, equally divided between the two races.” (8)

Scattered fighting occurred throughout the night as thousands of white men gathered at several points in the city. They exchanged and distributed ammunition among themselves and the word was passed on: they would attack at dawn. Some were too excited to wait and five men in an automobile tried spur the crowd to action in early morning darkness.

When the crowd did not budge the men tore off alone toward Deep Greenwood. A few hours later, when the attack finally came, their five bodies were found slumped inside their car, rifles still pointed out the windows, the bullet-riddled carcass of the Franklin smoking in the middle of Archer street. (9)

A large number of casualities among the white invaders is very much in line with what the ABB Tulsa post Commander wrote in “The Crusader”: the majority of black deaths were noncombatants, people who burned to death in their houses or the unarmed who were shot by the white mob. On the “front,” however (which is approximated by the train tracks at Greenwood and Archer), it was another dynamic entirely. The Commander wrote:

The defense of Greenwood may be overlooked in the history books, but it has entered black folklore. The story is told how “Peg-Leg” Taylor, another veteran of World War I, had spent the afternoon shoplifting ammunition from downtown hardware stores. Armed with a .30-30 rifle and a shotgun he had assumed tactical positions throughout the night -fighting, keeping the white combatants at bay while stores were looted for arms and ammunition by his comrades. As dawn broke and a whistle sounded, a mass of white attackers charged across the tracks into Greenwood. While the ABB snipers shot it out with the white mob around the church, Taylor held a defensive position on a hill, six blocks from First Street on the north side. “He shot round after round of bullets for six hours. He did so much damage that the whites figured the Negroes had reinforcements.” The story of Taylor is still well-known in north Tulsa, and completely forgotten in the rest of the city."

RandomGuy
06-03-2021, 04:55 PM
I saw a documentary on the Tulsa massacre and one of the historian's said the black business owners and residents were kicking the racist whites ass up until the racist mayor called in the racist national guard for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCODTY7fmQ&t=620s

Edit:

The ones who really fought back were burned alive at the expo center in Tulsa. They made all of the blacks live in tents for over a year."​

On the Tulsa Race Riots, the story of Peg Leg Taylor who caught so many white bodies...that he had to load them in wagons and dump them in the river to avoid the post riot blow back on the POW's.

"Arriving at the courthouse, this group of armed blacks, numbering about seventy-five, was greeted by a white mob numbering in the thousands. The level of tension and hysteria was rapidly rising. Representatives of the black group were allowed to enter the fortified courthouse where Sheriff McCollough assured them no lynching would take place. Apparently assured by the Sheriff’s defensive preparations they left the building and were preparing to go back to Greenwood when the spark was lit.

According to the version heard by Robert Fairchild, the white approached a tall black veteran who was carrying an Army issue .45-caliber and said

, what are you doing with that pistol?”

“I’m going to use it if I need to,” came the reply.

“No, you will give it to me.”

The white man attempted to disarm the veteran and a shot was fired. Sheriff McCullough stated from that moment “the race war was on and I was powerless to stop it.” (7)

A prolonged gun fight broke out as the blacks withdrew toward Greenwood and Archer. Block by block the fighting continued into the wee hours of the morning. At one point the battle raged around the train station, which was held as a fortress by black defenders for an extended period of time. With the bodies of white attackers scattered through the streets, the blacks retreated into Greenwood. This overnight fighting is usually ignored or skimmed over in the stories of the Tulsa “riot.” Far from being helpless victims, Tulsa’s black population fought with brutal efficiency against the white invaders. It is not hard to imagine this defense was pre-planned, or at least theorized before the shots began firing. Regarding the “helpless victim,” mythology,

W.D. Williams has disputed this assumption, citing as evidence the large number of whites which he saw get shot by black snipers as they attempted to invade “Deep Greenwood.” The Oklahoma City ‘Black Dispatch’ of 10 June, 1921, reported it had received a letter from “a prominent Negro in the city of Tulsa” who stated that “from what he could learn on the ground, about one-hundred were killed, equally divided between the two races.” (8)

Scattered fighting occurred throughout the night as thousands of white men gathered at several points in the city. They exchanged and distributed ammunition among themselves and the word was passed on: they would attack at dawn. Some were too excited to wait and five men in an automobile tried spur the crowd to action in early morning darkness.

When the crowd did not budge the men tore off alone toward Deep Greenwood. A few hours later, when the attack finally came, their five bodies were found slumped inside their car, rifles still pointed out the windows, the bullet-riddled carcass of the Franklin smoking in the middle of Archer street. (9)

A large number of casualities among the white invaders is very much in line with what the ABB Tulsa post Commander wrote in “The Crusader”: the majority of black deaths were noncombatants, people who burned to death in their houses or the unarmed who were shot by the white mob. On the “front,” however (which is approximated by the train tracks at Greenwood and Archer), it was another dynamic entirely. The Commander wrote:

The defense of Greenwood may be overlooked in the history books, but it has entered black folklore. The story is told how “Peg-Leg” Taylor, another veteran of World War I, had spent the afternoon shoplifting ammunition from downtown hardware stores. Armed with a .30-30 rifle and a shotgun he had assumed tactical positions throughout the night -fighting, keeping the white combatants at bay while stores were looted for arms and ammunition by his comrades. As dawn broke and a whistle sounded, a mass of white attackers charged across the tracks into Greenwood. While the ABB snipers shot it out with the white mob around the church, Taylor held a defensive position on a hill, six blocks from First Street on the north side. “He shot round after round of bullets for six hours. He did so much damage that the whites figured the Negroes had reinforcements.” The story of Taylor is still well-known in north Tulsa, and completely forgotten in the rest of the city."

Shows what one properly trained individual with tactical advantage can accomplish.

spurraider21
06-03-2021, 05:20 PM
is it a complete coincidence that Alabama had gone democrat in every presidential election from 1876 through 1956, but has gone republican all but once since 1960?

or that Mississippi had also gone democrat in every presidential election from 1876 through 1960 (except 1948 when they voted for Democrat Strom Thurmond who later switched party to republican after the civil rights act passed in 1964), but has gone republican in every election since 1960?

or that Louisiana had also gone democrat in every presidential election but two from 1880 through 1960, and has been a republican stronghold since?

or that Georgia had gone democrat in literally every presidential election from 1876 through 1960, and has been a republican stronghold since (until Old Joe)?

those just coincidences? you can look at the strong republican states today (tennessee, kentucky, texas, oklahoma, south carolina, arkansas, missouri) and see this same trend. you think thats all just a random change of these democrat strongholds all becoming republican in the time leading up to the civil rights movement?

i predict no substantive response, a jab at me personally, and 50/50 of whether or not death will be wished on me

koriwhat
06-03-2021, 05:44 PM
i predict no substantive response, a jab at me personally, and 50/50 of whether or not death will be wished on me

Why don't you be a man bro and stop acting like a chick already? Hiding text in grey and in a small font is for pussies but totally expected coming from you.

As for your examples... IDC and you're not going to convince me that the libs are all of a sudden the party of diversity just because they say so while propping up a corpse into the WH who gave the eulogy for a klansman who was also the mentor to HRC. Fuck your lame ass racist party and those you put in office to destroy our country and lie to losers like yourself!

spurraider21
06-03-2021, 05:45 PM
Why don't you be a man bro and stop acting like a chick already? Hiding text in grey and in a small font is for pussies but totally expected coming from you.

As for your examples... IDC and you're not going to convince me that the libs are all of a sudden the party of diversity just because they say so while propping up a corpse into the WH who gave the eulogy for a klansman who was also the mentor to HRC. Fuck your lame ass racist party and those you put in office to destroy our country and lie to losers like yourself!
exactly like i predicted.

refuse to engage with the numerous examples i gave and instead just try to take personal jabs

you're uncomfortable with the facts, but unfortunately, facts dont care about your feelings

Winehole23
06-03-2021, 07:04 PM
or that Georgia had gone democrat in literally every presidential election from 1876 through 1960, and has been a republican stronghold since (until Old Joe)?

those just coincidences? you can look at the strong republican states today (tennessee, kentucky, texas, oklahoma, south carolina, arkansas, missouri) and see this same trend. you think thats all just a random change of these democrat strongholds all becoming republican in the time leading up to the civil rights movement?

i predict no substantive response, a jab at me personally, and 50/50 of whether or not death will be wished on meYou probably knew this already, but Texas was so buttsore about the Civil Warand activist GOP government in the 19th century that it did not elect a Republican (since the Reconstruction) to any statewide office until Bill Clements in 1980.

koriwhat
06-03-2021, 08:41 PM
facts dont care about your feelings

:tu

Winehole23
07-03-2021, 08:13 AM
July 3, 1917

https://calendar.eji.org/sites/default/files/inline-images/eji-calendar-july3.jpg

“The East St. Louis affair, as I saw it, was a man hunt, conducted on a sporting basis, though with anything but the fair play which is the principle of sport,” Hurd wrote. “There was a horribly cool deliberateness and a spirit of fun about it. ‘Get a n*****’ was the slogan, and it was varied by the recurrent cry, ‘Get another!’”https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/east-st-louis-race-riot-left-dozens-dead-devastating-community-on-the-rise-180963885/

Winehole23
07-03-2021, 08:14 AM
Between July 2-5, 1917, at least 39, and some estimates indicate up to 200, African American men, women, and children were shot, hanged, beaten to death, or burned alive after being driven into burning buildings. The riots caused more than $400,000 in property damage and prompted 6,000 African American residents—more than half of East St. Louis’s African American population—to flee the city. https://calendar.eji.org/racial-injustice/jul/03

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 12:02 PM
102 years ago US soldiers and white vigilantes killed over 200 people in Elaine, Arkansas, merely for organizing for better pay and returning fire when fired upon.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/death-hundreds-elaine-massacre-led-supreme-court-take-major-step-toward-equal-justice-african-americans-180969863/

Chucho
10-01-2021, 12:06 PM
102 years ago US soldiers and white vigilantes killed over 200 people in Elaine, Arkansas, merely for organizing for better pay and returning fire when fired upon.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/death-hundreds-elaine-massacre-led-supreme-court-take-major-step-toward-equal-justice-african-americans-180969863/

Won't click the link, but this is the one massacre that started because black share-croppers were trying to unionize and had a meeting planned and it turned into a local genocide?

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 12:08 PM
Won't click the link, but this is the one massacre that started because black share-croppers were trying to unionize and had a meeting planned and it turned into a local genocide?yeah

why won't you click a Smithsonian link?

Chucho
10-01-2021, 12:41 PM
yeah

why won't you click a Smithsonian link?

Unsure if paywall. Don't care enough to be bothered with finding out.

Winehole23
10-01-2021, 01:43 PM
Unsure if paywall. Don't care enough to be bothered with finding out.fair

it isn't paywalled, fwiw