Texas eye
12-19-2019, 10:32 PM
yep

Play Boban
12-19-2019, 10:36 PM
Truth nuke

tonski17
12-19-2019, 10:38 PM
LMA > yakob but yakob embraced his role in the second unit as a defender and bruiser. please bench forbes!

Collins21
12-19-2019, 11:01 PM
LMA > yakob but yakob embraced his role in the second unit as a defender and bruiser. please bench forbes!

Only on Spurs talk does a guy that gets 20 10 with 4 blocks get relegated to scrub status. Jakob and LAwere both great tonight just differently.

Slippy
12-19-2019, 11:03 PM

This and keep Rudy to the bench when he giving nothing.

slick'81
12-19-2019, 11:05 PM
Poodlefcknpower

TheRemix
12-19-2019, 11:09 PM
Lma > yakob but yakob is the better fit

LongtimeSpursFan
12-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Struggled against Allen.

FkLA
12-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Only on Spurs talk does a guy that gets 20 10 with 4 blocks get relegated to scrub status. Jakob and LAwere both great tonight just differently.

Nobody called LMA a scrub but Yak just impacts the game more. The way he takes over games on defense, the amount of points he saves...that's more valuable than 18 PPG on 16 FGAs, imo. Every time LMA is out there I just find myself wishing Yak was out there instead. Make him the starting center, play him 35 MPG, and you get elite rim protection and 10 PPG.

Collins21
12-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Nobody called LMA a scrub but Yak just impacts the game more. The way he takes over games on defense, the amount of points he saves...that's more valuable than 18 PPG on 16 FGAs, imo. Every time LMA is out there I just find myself wishing Yak was out there instead. Make him the starting center, play him 35 MPG, and you get elite rim protection and 10 PPG.

He's good at defense but he can't make 4 footers most of the time he couldn't average 10.0 be serious.

Shakril
12-19-2019, 11:16 PM

Numbers dont matter, when your team loses. Best example is Irving in his boston time.

Poeltl saves so many points on defense, which makes up anything he does not provide on offense, whilst with LMA when he scores 20 Points, he gives up 30.

Collins21
12-19-2019, 11:18 PM
Numbers dont matter, when your team loses. Best example is Irving in his boston time.

Poeltl saves so many points on defense, which makes up anything he does not provide on offense, whilst with LMA when he scores 20 Points, he gives up 30.

But he really doesn't dude was excellent on defense today while making clutch shots to preserve the lead in the 4th.

lilbthebasedgod
12-19-2019, 11:19 PM
Yakub

FkLA
12-19-2019, 11:23 PM

IDK if LMA's defense is THAT bad. It's not like he's a complete bum on that end like Belli or Forbes. LMA is probably an average defender but the drop off from Yakob is so huge that I still agree with your overarching point...the trade off is worth it despite Yak's offensive limitations.

poopbox
12-19-2019, 11:23 PM
Comparing LMA and Poeltl ppg is dumb because Poeltl takes away WAY more points on defense than LMA does...

FkLA
12-19-2019, 11:26 PM
But he really doesn't dude was excellent on defense today while making clutch shots to preserve the lead in the 4th.

lol excellent on defense

The Nets went from being scared to attack the rim with Yakob to consecutive layups at the rim as soon as LMA checked in in the 4th Qtr.

spurraider21
12-19-2019, 11:48 PM
imo
ray >>> rique

Shakril
12-19-2019, 11:51 PM

If that were the case, than explain why the Nets suddenly made a run as soon as Poeltl got off the court. In the Ende the Spurs managed to win, but a 9 Points lead shrunk to a 2 Points lead in few possesions and LMA was partly responsible for it.

DMC
12-20-2019, 12:10 AM
Wow beating another juggernaut. At this rate Spurs will break 20 wins by the AS break.

Slippy
12-20-2019, 12:14 AM
If that were the case, than explain why the Nets suddenly made a run as soon as Poeltl got off the court. In the Ende the Spurs managed to win, but a 9 Points lead shrunk to a 2 Points lead in few possesions and LMA was partly responsible for it.

Watching it's pretty obvious why . He covering bellis man on the switch whos man got a full head of steam with an open laneway. Bell is D was non exhsistent.

LA was also responsible for getting stops soon after and offensively he took over.

Good Lord what game were you all watching.

sasaint
12-20-2019, 12:17 AM
Comparing LMA and Poeltl ppg is dumb because Poeltl takes away WAY more points on defense than LMA does...

You know it, and I know it. You’d think an NBA coach who emphasized D most of his career would also know it.

Slippy
12-20-2019, 12:19 AM
There's no argument Jacob is the better help defender but overall impact LA is still the man. You also can't ignore defensive weeklinks both big men have to make up for . Instead pop could matchup better and not leave it up to spurs rim protectors as a last resort. You all missing the main issue here.

If I was Pop maximize Jacob by starting him again. They had a terrible start again today.

Slippy
12-20-2019, 12:26 AM
What some of you fools don't realize, If pop plays Jacob in more for LA it will force him into prioritizing spacing and playing of his pets. He will be convinced Jacob can cover for them. Pop needs to go back to matching up.

tonski17
12-20-2019, 12:27 AM
can yakob be in the all defensive second unit? I think he has a block in every game. he just needs to polish his perimeter shooting. LMA was huge down the stretch, the pick and pop with DDR was great. Good win guys!

exstatic
12-20-2019, 07:59 AM
Blockob Poeltl

RC_Drunkford
12-20-2019, 08:01 AM
On defense but it's pretty clear LaMarcus is way better than Poeltl on offense. LA also has to play with Bryn Forbes, DeMar DeRozan and Trey Lyles. That's not a good supporting cast, especially defensively

RC_Drunkford
12-20-2019, 08:06 AM

LaMarcus was out there with Murray, Belinelli, Forbes and DeRozan while Poeltl played with Gay, Walker, White and Mills. You tell me who had the better perimeter defenders around him in the 2nd half

jjktkk
12-20-2019, 08:08 AM
On defense but it's pretty clear LaMarcus is way better than Poeltl on offense. LA also has to play with Bryn Forbes, DeMar DeRozan and Trey Lyles. That's not a good supporting cast, especially defensively

This. You really can't compare the two. They're completely different players. LMA is a more well rounded player, and Poeltl although limited offensively, is slowly becoming a defensive force.

JeffDuncan
12-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Can't let a discussion of Poeltl's defense go by without mentioning he has a coach named Tim Duncan.

K...
12-20-2019, 01:46 PM
, the cost of LMA on offense is both touches and spacing. With poertle you're not looking for points so you can design a better offense. That's not an argument for him, but it's why he looks better. An LMA who defers on offense, and just set screens would be as good.

offset formation
12-20-2019, 02:27 PM

Lol. This couldn't be more wrong. He's a net positive defender. (In fact through the last game, he was the only concurrent net positive defender AND offensive player on the team).

Shakril
12-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Lol. This couldn't be more wrong. He's a net positive defender. (In fact through the last game, he was the only concurrent net positive defender AND offensive player on the team).

You should watch some games. LMA is horrible on both ends. Game like yesterday are not the norm anymore.

offset formation
12-20-2019, 02:48 PM
You should watch some games. LMA is horrible on both ends. Game like yesterday are not the norm anymore.

Ok, sure. Whatever you want to believe.

spurraider21
12-20-2019, 03:14 PM
LaMarcus was out there with Murray, Belinelli, Forbes and DeRozan while Poeltl played with Gay, Walker, White and Mills. You tell me who had the better perimeter defenders around him in the 2nd half
yeah, they're kinda expecting aldridge to be marcus camby on defense, not really what he does.

RC_Drunkford
12-20-2019, 04:12 PM
yeah, they're kinda expecting aldridge to be marcus camby on defense, not really what he does.

LA is solid on defense. He's the only player on the roster who's a positive on both ends. Teams are putting him in the pick & roll a lot, but if your help defenders in the pick & roll are Forbes and DeRozan it makes it difficult. He has to guard 2 players at the same time a lot and that doesn't work. The supporting cast is just not good enough, I don't see LaMarcus as the problem

J_Paco
12-20-2019, 04:54 PM
imo

Not as a consistent offensive threat, but in nearly every other facet, yes.

I'm not sure he can be relied upon to start unless the team acquires a forward that can score (at a high level) and set teammates up.

JeffDuncan
12-20-2019, 05:21 PM
It's funny, in another thread people are talking about LMA needing to take more 3 pt shots. You know how many 3pt shots Poeltl has attempted in his entire NBA career? Two.

Collins21
12-20-2019, 05:30 PM
It's funny, in another thread people are talking about LMA needing to take more 3 pt shots. You know how many 3pt shots Poeltl has attempted in his entire NBA career? Two.

Yeah I find that weird. LA makes a three pointer in most games this year we asked dude shoot threes for years now and now that he finally does people find other stuff to shit on.

TimDunkem
12-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Yakob has been good, tbh. I would be wary of falling in love with a big with no offensive game and contend that they would be stupid to give him a big contract but, again, he's been good. Yes, more impactful than even Aldridge who has flat out stunk more often than not this season.

Slippy
12-20-2019, 06:29 PM
Yeah I find that weird. LA makes a three pointer in most games this year we asked dude shoot threes for years now and now that he finally does people find other stuff to shit on.

Ya they bagging him for not shooting threes in the other thread. This year he making a concerted effort at taking them allowing Demar to play off at PF. What fuking gameS are PPL watching. Lol

This thread wants to replace him with a guy that can't shoot them. Go figure. Lamarcus cant win tbh

TimDunkem
12-20-2019, 06:35 PM
^LMA should shoot more threes. 1.7 per is not enough. Then there is the fact that he is obviously physically declining....If he wants to extend his career then he needs to extend his range and take those shots with the same confidence he has when he takes those disgusting turn-around fadeaway 2's over smaller defenders.

spurraider21
12-20-2019, 06:41 PM
^LMA should shoot more threes. 1.7 per is not enough. Then there is the fact that he is obviously physically declining....If he wants to extend his career then he needs to extend his range and take those shots with the same confidence he has when he takes those disgusting turn-around fadeaway 2's over smaller defenders.
problem is he's really inefficient with them right now, and i doubt he's going to see a lot of improvement during the course of the season

timtonymanu
12-20-2019, 07:00 PM
At least Yakob isn’t playing behind the corpse of Pau anymore :lmao

FkLA
12-20-2019, 07:43 PM
Who said this is an LMA bashing thread? I've always had a soft spot for LMA and have defended him plenty of times over the years. This is more about what a difference maker Yakob is than about bashing LMA. The drop off in defense is apparent. Offensively, while LMA is clearly the more skilled guy...his style can bog down the team's offense. Yakob does a lot of little things (offensive rebounding, screens, rolling, being in the right spots) that help him not be the liability that his lack of skill would lead you to believe.

Not saying TPA is the be all end all, but it kind of matches up with the eye test. This is what I mean by "impact". LMA isn't a bad defender and is the better offensive player but Yak is just so elite at defense and does enough on offense to not be a liability.

https://i.imgur.com/D4mhnNE.jpg

RC_Drunkford
12-20-2019, 08:09 PM
At least Yakob isn’t playing behind the corpse of Pau anymore :lmao

But Pau is still getting paid more money by the Spurs than Jakob :lmao

FkLA
12-20-2019, 09:48 PM
https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1208207782278774784