PDA

View Full Version : TP's jumpshot

snyderman
11-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I was impressed. It still looks butt-ugly, but he made a lot more than he would have last year. Keep up the good work Chip. :smokin

T Park
11-02-2005, 08:10 PM
How does it still look, "Butt-Ugly"

Just curious.

Boo
11-02-2005, 08:11 PM
hmm

1 game but so far so good

keep it up tp

snyderman
11-02-2005, 08:15 PM
How does it still look, "Butt-Ugly"

Just curious.

From a fundamental stand point his form is still a little bizzare. He almost brings the ball across his body before extending up, and his follow through is unusual. It looks like he's not extending his arms all the way.

boutons
11-02-2005, 08:20 PM
because Tony's shot still not the classic body-under-the-ball, arm-vertical, full-arm extension with finger-rolling the ball for good backspin with a high arc, as seen on Kobe, S Kerr, M. Bibby, Peja, D Fisher, Nash, BSRob, etc.

T Park
11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Funny, if that is the "correct" method, that Engelland hasn't switched him totally over to that.

boutons
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Tony got a hard head and 10 years of bad shooting habits, breaking down and totally re-doing the sucky mechanics will not happen this season, not over the past 3 months. So he's trying to make minor adjustments. good enough for now, if last night was indicative.

I think the biggest adjustment I saw, more important than mechanics, was a very cool, composed, no-sweat Parker playing a very loose, confident, creative game. He'll make more shots this season from the confidence and composure than he will from new mechanics.

next year, same confidence plus correct mechanics will be awe-inspiring.