PDA

View Full Version : Congress is raising the minimum smoking and vaping age to 21

Nathan89
12-20-2019, 02:59 PM
https://www.engadget.com/2019-12-19-congress-minimum-vaping-age-21.html

Big government bullshit law that is illogical with the existence of 18 year olds in the military and being punished as an adult even before the age of 18. Trump just isn't informed enough to not get pulled by the current of bullshit.

Nathan89
12-20-2019, 03:02 PM
When is the minimum donut and soda age going to be put in place?

spurraider21
12-20-2019, 03:03 PM
nanny state

better solution would just be to tax the shit out of it

Nathan89
12-20-2019, 03:10 PM
I'm not for that either. But yes that would be a better solution.

spurraider21
12-20-2019, 03:13 PM
I'm not for that either. But yes that would be a better solution.
it makes sense. if you're going to participate in health endangering activities, that's your decision.

but if thats going to lead to increased costs for everybody else (straining the health/insurance system by being extra needy), you should pay your fair share into that system (taxes)

boutons_deux
12-20-2019, 03:27 PM
Please, Trash sez it's "21 for smocking age"

Big Tobacco will block it.

btw, about 20% of 14 year olds are getting hooked on nicotine from vaping, which also fucks up their lungs, even kills them.

Nathan89
12-20-2019, 03:28 PM
it makes sense. if you're going to participate in health endangering activities, that's your decision.

but if thats going to lead to increased costs for everybody else (straining the health/insurance system by being extra needy), you should pay your fair share into that system (taxes)

Your insurance should charge you if smoking increases your medical expenses. Plus this logic isn't consistent enough to be relevant defense. You can't just target shit you don't like. Come back to me when politicians start taxing the shit out of youth cheerleading because of the insane amount of injuries it causes. What tax have they put skateboards, skis, snowboards, dirt bikes, regular motorcycles, etc. Until they even make a half hearted attempt to increase taxes on countless objects that result in injuries then I don't want to hear it.

Nathan89
12-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Please, Trash sez it's "21 for smocking age"

Big Tobacco will block it.

btw, about 20% of 14 year olds are getting hooked on nicotine from vaping, which also fucks up their lungs, even kills them.

That's unfortunate decision making.

Nathan89
12-20-2019, 04:54 PM
A lot of people are pissed about many aspects of the bill this wrapped up in. Major blow to Trump if signs off on this crap tbh.

koriwhat
12-20-2019, 04:57 PM
hey, at least hunter biden is well above the age of 21... oh wait, crack is still illegal. yikes!

koriwhat
12-20-2019, 04:57 PM
When is the minimum donut and soda age going to be put in place?

for real! :tu

Xevious
12-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Eh, whatever. If they want to raise the age of tobacco and gun sales, they might as well raise the age of military enlistment to 21 also.

Millennial_Messiah
12-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Eh, whatever. If they want to raise the age of tobacco and gun sales, they might as well raise the age of military enlistment to 21 also.

And voting, tbh.

yeah, I got the blessing of being able to vote for Mitt the Twit at the age of 18 1/2... but I'm clearly in the minority.

DMC
12-20-2019, 05:36 PM
This will put more young people in the justice system, life payments and such. Great solution.

spurraider21
12-20-2019, 05:40 PM
This will put more young people in the justice system, life payments and such. Great solution.
yup

and you know it wont be equally enforced/prosecuted

AaronY
12-20-2019, 05:42 PM

Big government bullshit law that is illogical with the existence of 18 year olds in the military and being punished as an adult even before the age of 18. Trump just isn't informed enough to not get pulled by the current of bullshit.
Lol Nathan complaining about someone being gullible to misinformation as he copies and pastes the front page of Daily Wire to here every day. This is a guy who lives in fear of the libs coming to ruin his life plus complains about how hard is to be a white guy based on some rage click anecdote stories he finds

koriwhat
12-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Lol Nathan complaining about someone being gullible to misinformation as he copies and pastes the front page of Daily Wire to here every day. This is a guy who lives in fear of the libs coming to ruin his life plus complains about how hard is to be a white guy based on some rage click anecdote stories he finds

hyperbole

Will Hunting
12-20-2019, 06:42 PM

I agree it doesn’t make sense but it also never made sense to me that the drinking age was 21 when the smoking age (a shittier habit that causes more deaths every year than drinking does) is 18.

Will Hunting
12-20-2019, 06:46 PM
Your insurance should charge you if smoking increases your medical expenses. Plus this logic isn't consistent enough to be relevant defense. You can't just target shit you don't like. Come back to me when politicians start taxing the shit out of youth cheerleading because of the insane amount of injuries it causes. What tax have they put skateboards, skis, snowboards, dirt bikes, regular motorcycles, etc. Until they even make a half hearted attempt to increase taxes on countless objects that result in injuries then I don't want to hear it.
:lol this argument is incoherent

Nathan must be a smoker. Probably that shitty coworker no one likes because he makes the office smell like tobacco and also because he takes a smoke break every 30 mins which leads to shitty productivity.

Smokers in general are insufferable selfish people tbh.

koriwhat
12-20-2019, 06:51 PM

so are self-righteous assholes like yourself. :tu

Will Hunting
12-20-2019, 06:57 PM
so are self-righteous assholes like yourself. :tu
:lol another selfish smoker identified
:lol expecting people to walk by you and be ok with inhaling the fumes from your cancer sticks

koriwhat
12-20-2019, 07:05 PM
:lol another selfish smoker identified
:lol expecting people to walk by you and be ok with inhaling the fumes from your cancer sticks

i smoke blunts homie... and ain't no one walking by me unless they're coming into the circle. fuck cigarettes and fuck self-righteous assholes like yourself too. :tu

Xevious
12-20-2019, 07:16 PM

Nathan must be a smoker. Probably that shitty coworker no one likes because he makes the office smell like tobacco and also because he takes a smoke break every 30 mins which leads to shitty productivity.

It's been a while since I've had a "normal" 8-5 office job, but the fucking smokers were the worst. Outside multiple times a day 10-15 minutes a pop and still took an hour+ lunch. They never did a goddamm thing.

Nathan89
12-20-2019, 07:30 PM

People in general are selfish.

monosylab1k
12-20-2019, 07:37 PM
hey, at least hunter biden is well above the age of 21... oh wait, crack is still illegal. yikes!

:lmao obsessed with the Bidens

koriwhat
12-20-2019, 07:45 PM
:lmao obsessed with the Bidens

i'm literally not obsessed with the biden's whatsoever. i post here on ST daily and how much of that is about the biden's? outside of ST i say nothing of the biden's.

i'm far and away not obsessed with the biden's but i can't say the same about you and carbs. :tu

spurraider21
12-20-2019, 07:53 PM
People in general are selfish.
:lol quite the non-denial

monosylab1k
12-20-2019, 08:05 PM
i'm literally not obsessed with the biden's whatsoever. i post here on ST daily and how much of that is about the biden's? outside of ST i say nothing of the biden's.

i'm far and away not obsessed with the biden's but i can't say the same about you and carbs. :tu

This thread had nothing to do with them but you still found a way to shoehorn a dig in at them :lmao right wing, Biden obsessed koriwhat :lmao

Blake
12-20-2019, 08:25 PM
i smoke blunts homie...

Ohhhhhh look who's in this thread in self defense rant druggy mode

Will Hunting
12-20-2019, 09:18 PM
:lol quite the non-denial
:lmao

”Sure I’m a selfish prick who constantly shows up late to meetings and makes my coworkers jobs harder because I insist on taking enough smoke breaks to go through 2 packs a day, but everyone else is selfish too!”

Will Hunting
12-20-2019, 09:22 PM
It's been a while since I've had a "normal" 8-5 office job, but the fucking smokers were the worst. Outside multiple times a day 10-15 minutes a pop and still took an hour+ lunch. They never did a goddamm thing.
They expect people to treat their smoking like it’s a disability ....as if the smoke breaks they need to constantly take are something they can’t help and everyone they work with needs to accommodate.

Trainwreck2100
12-21-2019, 01:25 PM
They expect people to treat their smoking like it’s a disability ....as if the smoke breaks they need to constantly take are something they can’t help and everyone they work with needs to accommodate.

it is a drug addiction so i believe it qualifies as a disability, and they to need to constantly take breaks, like most drug addicts they need their fix

koriwhat
12-21-2019, 02:32 PM
This thread had nothing to do with them but you still found a way to shoehorn a dig in at them :lmao right wing, Biden obsessed koriwhat :lmao

Awesome story you fat fucking eggroll :tu

koriwhat
12-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Ohhhhhh look who's in this thread in self defense rant druggy mode

Oh look it's one of those beta weak males everyone loves to shit on even his ex wife. Come out of the closet already you fruity bitch.

ElNono
12-21-2019, 04:26 PM
I’m a vaper and 100% behind this decision. If we’re talking healthcare cost, we should go one step further and make enlistment age 55+, tbh...

Will Hunting
12-21-2019, 04:30 PM
it is a drug addiction so i believe it qualifies as a disability, and they to need to constantly take breaks, like most drug addicts they need their fix
So we’re in a agreement that smokers aren’t any different than your typical piece of shit druggies who do meth?

koriwhat
12-21-2019, 05:52 PM
So we’re in a agreement that smokers aren’t any different than your typical piece of shit druggies who do meth?

oh they're definitely different in all regards... your hyperbole isn't going to change that.

hater
12-21-2019, 05:55 PM
just bought my high school nephews a few cartons of cigarretes for christmas

thanks for making buying christmas presents easy and cheap Dump :lol

Xevious
12-22-2019, 12:34 AM

If they can't get through a normal working day without stopping constantly to smoke outside their lunch break or whatever, then they need to seek treatment before they're employable IMO. Same with alcoholics, etc... If you can't make it eight hours, get help.

DC23
12-22-2019, 12:36 AM
At the end of the day it will probably have little to no impact because kids can get what they want easily. Congress needs to raise the voting age to 21.

ElNono
12-22-2019, 03:04 AM
If they can't get through a normal working day without stopping constantly to smoke outside their lunch break or whatever, then they need to seek treatment before they're employable IMO. Same with alcoholics, etc... If you can't make it eight hours, get help.

Or be the bosses, tbh

baseline bum
12-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Can this thread title be changed to "Trump raised the minimum smoking and vaping age to 21" since he signed the bill?

boutons_deux
12-22-2019, 03:41 PM
https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/ecigteen01.jpg

https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/styles/content_image_landscape/public/ecigteen02b.jpg?itok=7tsKG6WQ

https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/styles/content_image_landscape/public/ecigteen03.jpg?itok=Pw6lupgi

Figure 1: Teens are more likely to use e-cigarettes than cigarettes.

Past-month use of cigarettes was 3.6 percent among 8th graders, 6.3 percent among 10th graders, and 11.4 percent among 12th graders. Past-month use of e-cigarettes was 9.5 percent among 8th graders, 14.0 percent among 10th graders, and 16.2 percent among 12 graders.

Two times as many boys use e-cigs as girls.

Figure 2: Teen e-cig users are more likely to start smoking.

30.7 percent of e-cig users started smoking within 6 months while 8.1 percent of non users started smoking. Smoking includes combustible tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, and hookahs).

Figure 3: What do teens say is in their e-cig?

66.0 percent say just flavoring, 13.7 percent don’t know, 13.2 percent say nicotine, 5.8 percent say marijuana, and 1.3 percent say other. Manufacturers don’t have to report e-cig ingredients, so users don’t know what’s actually in them.

Figure 4: High teen exposure to e-cig advertising

7 in 10 teens are exposed to e-cig ads.

Among middle school students, 52.8 percent are exposed to retail ads, 35.8 percent to internet ads, 34.1 percent to TV and movie ads, and 25.0 percent to newspaper and magazine ads. Among high school students, 56.3 percent are exposed to retail ads, 42.9 percent to internet ads, 38.4 percent to TV and movie ads, and 34.6 percent to newspaper and magazine ads.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/infographics/teens-e-cigarettes (https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/infographics/teens-e-cigarettes)

How will BigTobacco, always spending $Bs to addict the planet to its products, react?

Chucho
12-23-2019, 07:40 PM
just bought my high school nephews a few cartons of cigarretes for christmas

thanks for making buying christmas presents easy and cheap Dump :lol

You bought your under age Nephews poison for Christmas. Aren't you just fucking awesome.

Can only imagine what you get em if you win the lottery. Grain alcohol, a sports car and a blindfold, probably.