PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with a VR headset and NBA League Pass they will be showing Spurs/Clippers in full VR

Amuseddaysleeper
12-21-2019, 03:15 AM
NBA games in VR look incredible. Especially from the courtside view with the commentary disabled so it feels like you're at the game. The Next VR app, which is free, does a free VR game every month and then another 4 per month but you'll need an NBA League Pass account.

Highly recommended if you have the headset.

https://www.nextvr.com/nba

paperboy77
12-21-2019, 10:01 AM
Thanks for posting. Wondering when the Spurs would be shown. No blackout rules for this?

Dverde
12-21-2019, 10:16 AM
It’ll be like the contested 2 point jump shots are right in front of you.

RC_Drunkford
12-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Wow Bryn Forbes in 3D

Amuseddaysleeper
12-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Thanks for posting. Wondering when the Spurs would be shown. No blackout rules for this?

I don’t think there are blackout issues for this

Amuseddaysleeper
12-21-2019, 03:59 PM
PASS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7V_CPZ_77Y

its just this shit

Putting it on NBA League Pass when you pay for the shit on you cable ALREADY is a real JEWEY thing to do, its just this shit camera

http://www.insightmedia.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/BigLook-360_1.jpg

That’s not what it is at all wtf :lmao

It’s looks better than that, and it does feel like you’re at the game. It’s really trippy and with the commentary off you hear everything.

A deaymond green meltdown in VR was something I never realized how badly I wanted see :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
12-21-2019, 06:21 PM
Why are you forced to PAY for it when its just a fucking camera dude and it it what it is.

Oh I see, you're just another bolded donk on here

What are you talking about? It’s a free game every month, it’s in full VR

koriwhat
12-21-2019, 07:30 PM
What are you talking about? It’s a free game every month, it’s in full VR

people are dicks here on ST if you haven't noticed by now.

paperboy77
12-21-2019, 08:12 PM
Regardless.... thanks for the heads up. We're about to see if the blackout crap applies or not.

BTW, if you all haven't seen much on VR you're really missing out. Regarding sports, it really gives a great perspective. Try some boxing matches... pretty awesome. The VR world if pretty vast so there's a lot of hit and miss.

koriwhat
12-21-2019, 08:17 PM
Regardless.... thanks for the heads up. We're about to see if the blackout crap applies or not.

BTW, if you all haven't seen much on VR you're really missing out. Regarding sports, it really gives a great perspective. Try some boxing matches... pretty awesome. The VR world if pretty vast so there's a lot of hit and miss.

i tried VR once with a ncaa bball game yrs ago and it was pretty damn rad! felt like i was on the 1st row.

FkLA
12-21-2019, 08:25 PM
What's a good VR headset brahs?

I googled the first headset in that pic "Samsung Gear VR" and it came up as being $29.99. I know when they first came out, the good VR headsets were in the hundreds. Have prices become more reasonable as more of them have come out?

paperboy77
12-21-2019, 08:32 PM

I googled the first headset in that pic "Samsung Gear VR" and it came up as being $29.99. I know when they first came out, the good VR headsets were in the hundreds. Have prices become more reasonable as more of them have come out?

You probably really want to invest some money for a good one. Huge difference. I've tried several and finally put some money to it. I settled on a Rift and later got the Rift GO. Between the 2, the original Rift is superior. The GO is mobile and can be used un-tethered but you're limited in a lot of ways. Rift is the way to go. For me at least.

paperboy77
12-21-2019, 08:58 PM
Unfortunately Blackout Rules DO apply. You can still watch the game in Rift on a giant screen but not in Next VR. Sux.

Barfunk
12-21-2019, 09:50 PM

Get the Oculus Quest at $399. Don't listen to that stupid shit above, VR is the most mind blowing entertainment technology out right now.