PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Kings center Dewayne Dedmon wants a trade out of Sacramento!

Yogatti
12-27-2019, 01:31 PM
Kings center Dewayne Dedmon wants a trade out of Sacramento and multiple teams are making offers to the franchise in anticipation of a deal prior to the February trade deadline, league sources say. Dedmon signed a three-year, $41 million contract with the Kings in free agency, but coach Luke Walton is believed to have soured on the 30-year-old and the sides believe their union can’t be salvaged. Dedmon has received a DNP-CD in eight of the past 10 games. The seven-year veteran has established himself as a starting caliber center, coming off a season in Atlanta in which he averaged 10.8 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.1 blocks while shooting 38.2 percent from 3-point range on 3.4 attempts per game.

Let's get him back to the Spurs :lobt:

ZeusWillJudge
12-27-2019, 01:41 PM
The Kings gave Dedmon 3/$41M because he was a starter playing 25 minutes a game and shooting .382 from 3P. This year he's shooting .229 from 3P, and getting 13.6 mpg. I honestly haven't been following Dedmon or the Kings. Maybe they're misusing him the same way Pop misuses players here in SA. But taking on 2 additional years at $13.3M each just prolongs the salary cap jail this team is in.

If it would get rid of Beli, and it was just a one year contract, I would take him in a heartbeat - even though Pop would probably not use him. But since salaries have to be matched, it would probably mean that Pop would ship out Lonnie (plus whatever else it took to balance).

I'm not slamming the OP's enthusiasm, or even slamming Dedmon. After watching Pop freeze LW out last night, I don't have any confidence in this team's ability to make personnel decisions anymore. The only move I'm interested in is getting a new coach.

Leetonidas
12-27-2019, 01:41 PM
This isn't Spurs news

Truth4sale$
12-27-2019, 02:02 PM
This isn't Spurs news

Its former Spurs news, which is useless

exstatic
12-27-2019, 02:11 PM
Dead man is nothing more than a taller version of JSimms. He’s a player that the Spurs jump started who ultimately face planted when asked to do more than be a role player.

Sacto strikes again. They let W C-S go to sign this clown.

John B
12-27-2019, 02:12 PM
We need an athletic 3 and D. Other than that, stop posting new threads

Chinook
12-27-2019, 02:13 PM
The Spurs could do worse than a trade with the Kings involving LMA and Forbes for Ariza and Dedmon as the contracts. You'd want there to be more incentive coming back for SA to get rid of their best player, but the deal saves the team some money over the next two seasons with both Ariza and Dedmon having mostly non-guaranteed final years of their deals.

Murray, Walker, DeRozan, Ariza, Poeltl
Mills, White, Carroll (Beli), Gay, Dedmon

Those aren't bad units, but I'd rather trade DeRozan than Aldridge, and if Aldridge stays, Dedmon makes no sense.

r0drig0lac
12-27-2019, 02:23 PM
https://twitter.com/BasketballRehab/status/1210595267847884800

alpha_HaZE
12-27-2019, 02:26 PM
The Kings gave Dedmon 3/$41M because he was a starter playing 25 minutes a game and shooting .382 from 3P. This year he's shooting .229 from 3P, and getting 13.6 mpg. I honestly haven't been following Dedmon or the Kings. Maybe they're misusing him the same way Pop misuses players here in SA. But taking on 2 additional years at $13.3M each just prolongs the salary cap jail this team is in.

If it would get rid of Beli, and it was just a one year contract, I would take him in a heartbeat - even though Pop would probably not use him. But since salaries have to be matched, it would probably mean that Pop would ship out Lonnie (plus whatever else it took to balance).

I'm not slamming the OP's enthusiasm, or even slamming Dedmon. After watching Pop freeze LW out last night, I don't have any confidence in this team's ability to make personnel decisions anymore. The only move I'm interested in is getting a new coach.

You are bashing Pop because you have an agenda to do so, we all can see it. Move on please.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-27-2019, 02:33 PM

Derozan,Forbes mills bellinelli for them 2

spurraider21
12-27-2019, 02:39 PM
:lmao morris

alpha_HaZE
12-27-2019, 02:40 PM
The Spurs could do worse than a trade with the Kings involving LMA and Forbes for Ariza and Dedmon as the contracts. You'd want there to be more incentive coming back for SA to get rid of their best player, but the deal saves the team some money over the next two seasons with both Ariza and Dedmon having mostly non-guaranteed final years of their deals.

Those aren't bad units, but I'd rather trade DeRozan than Aldridge, and if Aldridge stays, Dedmon makes no sense.

Good observation, but how about this instead.

Murray, Bogdan, DeRosan, Arisa, Poeltl
Mills, White, Lonnie, Gay, Dedmon

https://tradenba.com/trades/Gixj0ptvI

Dennis the Menace
12-27-2019, 02:52 PM

At this point, why not?

DPG21920
12-27-2019, 02:54 PM
:lmao morris

This is standard practice now. Players sign with teams that offer them the most money then cry foul and hold them hostage and demand trades. People say “free player X!!” Like those guys didn’t choose in FREE AGENCY to sign there.

Teams need to be a lot more careful in evaluating which players they sign and their real intentions.

Dex
12-27-2019, 02:55 PM

:lol That didn't take long.

Let that piece of crap's career rot in New York tbh.

DAF86
12-27-2019, 02:57 PM
At this point, why not?

Because the Knicks will never deal with us.

DPG21920
12-27-2019, 02:57 PM

I would also do Mills/Beli/Poeltl/Carroll for Dedmon/Ariza

Free up time for young guards, you lose Jakob, but he’s replaceable (especially with Dedmon being able to shoot and play next to LMA just a well as Poeltl can).

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-27-2019, 02:58 PM
Meh. Shit player. Won't make any difference to the Spurs.

DAF86
12-27-2019, 02:58 PM
This is standard practice now. Players sign with teams that offer them the most money then cry foul and hold them hostage and demand trades. People say “free player X!!” Like those guys didn’t choose in FREE AGENCY to sign there.

Teams need to be a lot more careful in evaluating which players they sign and their real intentions.

Meh, Knicks would be better off getting something in return of Morris anyway.

DPG21920
12-27-2019, 03:01 PM
Meh, Knicks would be better off getting something in return of Morris anyway.

Sure, but it’s about the state of the league. Stars down to scrubs do this. The point is not whether some teams due to sucking should look to max chances in the draft it’s more about how players pull this crap.

FutureMan
12-27-2019, 03:48 PM
I’d settle for:

SAC: DeRozan, Carroll
SAS: Barnes, Dedmon, SAC 2020 1st

Dverde
12-27-2019, 03:56 PM
At this point, why not?

The Knicks hate The Spurs FO. They wouldn’t trade him there.

Realdeal1
12-27-2019, 03:59 PM
knicks and pacers would never trade with the spurs

Dex
12-27-2019, 04:06 PM
I’d settle for:

The problem is, SAC won't settle for that.

sasaint
12-27-2019, 04:15 PM
I’d settle for:

Settle? That’s committing rape.

FutureMan
12-27-2019, 04:15 PM
The problem is, SAC won't settle for that.
You’re probably right. That organization hasn’t made a good decision in a while.

sananspursfan21
12-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Been there, done that. Don’t know why he’s treated as some missed opportunity. He’s no Scola tbh

Joseph Kony
12-27-2019, 05:21 PM
I’d settle for:

Barnes sucks and his contract is worse. wouldnt mind the rest but dont want Barnes on this team.

TimDunkem
12-27-2019, 05:25 PM
That ship has sailed.

With that said, if you could somehow get Bogdanovic and extend him it would be worth it.

tholdren
12-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Derozan,Forbes mills bellinelli for them 2

No. Get rid of murray, gay and lma. Spurs get into plaoffs

Kobe'sAchilles
12-27-2019, 06:02 PM
:lol scrubs demanding trades now

tmtcsc
12-27-2019, 06:09 PM
There may be hope for Pop yet & we just aren't giving him credit. Truth be told, Pop absolutely tanked to have a shot at a good draft pick in 1997. We all know it turned out to be the tank of all tanks and the Spurs ended up with Tim Duncan. Not playing LW4 or Demarre Carrol & giving extended minutes to Forbes and Belineli is pretty much cementing the losses.

Improving this current roster is not a priority. I'm becoming convinced one or both of Aldridge and Derozan will be shipped out eventually. Derozan first most likely.

RC_Drunkford
12-27-2019, 06:48 PM
It was reported that the Spurs were interested in bringing him back, but didn't have the money to do so. He's overpaid and 30, so I wouldn't do that. This team has 2 good centers, we need forwards

Joseph Kony
12-27-2019, 06:56 PM
lol this dude is lucky he got paid 41 mil averaging like 4ppg over his career. monkeyballer who isnt really good at anything in particular. clown should stfu and collect his pay check and be happy that he got overpaid by a retarded FO to begin with

RC_Drunkford
12-27-2019, 07:36 PM
I would do Morris and Randle for DeRozan and Belinelli. Knicks will not deal with the Spurs though and they want a first rounder for Morris

ZeusWillJudge
12-27-2019, 07:51 PM

The final years not being fully guaranteed helps. But we've got that same thing with Carroll, and I still think it was a mistake to give him that contract, especially when it's someone that is of marginal value.

I honestly don't think Pop would play Dedmon any more than he is Carroll. Ariza might be a different story. But big picture, I don't think that deal would move the needle beyond a first round exit (at best). Ariza isn't a long-term play, for sure. So personally I would rather see them get about the business of clearing cap space ASAP.

You are bashing Pop because you have an agenda to do so, we all can see it. Move on please.

What agenda, Junior? You think I want his job or something? If my "agenda" is that he gives too many minutes to Beli and Forbes, and won't play White/Murray together, and won't play Lonnie at all? Then you're right. I don't try to hide it, so I'm impressed that you actually understood. Golf clap for you.

phxspurfan
12-27-2019, 07:56 PM

Wow, dude is so cancerous.

phxspurfan
12-27-2019, 07:57 PM
I would do Morris and Randle for DeRozan and Belinelli. Knicks will not deal with the Spurs though and they want a first rounder for Morris

Morris likely wants to go to a contender now that he has his contract. May get his wish (to the Lakers, Bucks or something)

ZeusWillJudge
12-27-2019, 07:59 PM

That would be a good deal for the Spurs. I don't think Pop is going to deal with the Knicks, especially for Morris. Not after this offseason.

Do you honestly think that someone is going to give a first round pick for Morris? I mean a real pick, not something so protected that it will never convey? He's been on 5 teams in 9 seasons (I think that's right). I think a lot of fans tend to forget how often we see guys have better contract years, and then go to hell afterward. I don't think many FO's forget about it. It could happen, especially since this will be such a shit FA class. But it's still a stretch for a guy who hasn't been able to find a home anywhere before.

ElNono
12-27-2019, 08:25 PM
I would do LMA for Dedmon straight up... (plus salary fillers)

Addition by subtraction

slick'81
12-27-2019, 08:57 PM
Fck morris and dedmon, neither will help this team anyway and nobody wants our trash

tbdog
12-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Hield not happy either.

slick'81
12-27-2019, 09:17 PM
I mean unless they want belli,Forbes or carroll:lol

RC_Drunkford
12-27-2019, 09:19 PM
That would be a good deal for the Spurs. I don't think Pop is going to deal with the Knicks, especially for Morris. Not after this offseason.

Do you honestly think that someone is going to give a first round pick for Morris? I mean a real pick, not something so protected that it will never convey? He's been on 5 teams in 9 seasons (I think that's right). I think a lot of fans tend to forget how often we see guys have better contract years, and then go to hell afterward. I don't think many FO's forget about it. It could happen, especially since this will be such a shit FA class. But it's still a stretch for a guy who hasn't been able to find a home anywhere before.

I can see teams like the Clippers, Nuggets and especially Utah do it. The Jazz are starting Royce O'Neal at PF, Morris on that team would be superb

RC_Drunkford
12-27-2019, 09:21 PM
I'd like a deal with the Kings. Bogdanovic would be nice, not a good defender, but an upgrade to Bryn Forbes. He could start instantly. I just don't see any team interested in the scrubs Belinelli, Forbes and Carroll.

alpha_HaZE
12-28-2019, 01:02 AM
The final years not being fully guaranteed helps. But we've got that same thing with Carroll, and I still think it was a mistake to give him that contract, especially when it's someone that is of marginal value.

I honestly don't think Pop would play Dedmon any more than he is Carroll. Ariza might be a different story. But big picture, I don't think that deal would move the needle beyond a first round exit (at best). Ariza isn't a long-term play, for sure. So personally I would rather see them get about the business of clearing cap space ASAP.

What agenda, Junior? You think I want his job or something? If my "agenda" is that he gives too many minutes to Beli and Forbes, and won't play White/Murray together, and won't play Lonnie at all? Then you're right. I don't try to hide it, so I'm impressed that you actually understood. Golf clap for you.

As poorly as Marco has played, Lonnie has been worse (slightly). Stop it. Lonnie will see lots of minutes this season.

talkspurs
12-28-2019, 01:20 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxyrbv7x

DDR gets closer to home.

We get rid of marco and Bryn. they could see Bryn and DDR as future players. We get a SF that can actually play that position and another big to warm the bench maybe trade him somewhere else.

Why we dont do it. Spurs get rid of Marco and Bryn. they would not trade them For Luka and KP.

ZeusWillJudge
12-28-2019, 08:12 AM

I stand corrected, Chinook. I thought both Dedmon and Ariza had two more years left on their deals, but Ariza only has one (next season). So if the Spurs got him and he didn't work, they could let him go and open $11M worth of space for next season. Dedmon's third year ('21-'22) is fully non-guaranteed? That fooled me, too. I would have sworn it was partially guaranteed.

I guess a lot depends on how certain the Spurs are about whether DDR is going to opt out or not. Well, that plus the fact that with Lonnie/Carroll/Dedmon, there could be three roster spots (and cap space) taken up by players Pop wouldn't put on the floor.

ZeusWillJudge
12-28-2019, 08:33 AM
As poorly as Marco has played, Lonnie has been worse (slightly). Stop it. Lonnie will see lots of minutes this season.

It's sort of tough to evaluate him from the bench, but Lonnie has shown stretches of being better than Marco has ever been in his career. Lonnie has potential to be much better - Beli doesn't.

If you look at them on a Per 36 Minute basis, which is the only way that makes sense with the minute disparity, the ONLY meaningful stat where Marco has been better is volume of 3PA. Do you understand that Beli is shooting under 37% on 2-point shots? That's not enough to even be on the court. Throw in the fact that Beli's defense is worse than Lonnie's, even on Lonnie's bad nights.

Putting Marco on the floor is like selling a product below cost, and trying to make up for it in volume. The longer you do it, the further in the hole you get. I know that interferes with your sniffing, but you'll just have to learn to work around it.

alpha_HaZE
12-28-2019, 07:54 PM
It's sort of tough to evaluate him from the bench, but Lonnie has shown stretches of being better than Marco has ever been in his career. Lonnie has potential to be much better - Beli doesn't.

If you look at them on a Per 36 Minute basis, which is the only way that makes sense with the minute disparity, the ONLY meaningful stat where Marco has been better is volume of 3PA. Do you understand that Beli is shooting under 37% on 2-point shots? That's not enough to even be on the court. Throw in the fact that Beli's defense is worse than Lonnie's, even on Lonnie's bad nights.

Putting Marco on the floor is like selling a product below cost, and trying to make up for it in volume. The longer you do it, the further in the hole you get. I know that interferes with your sniffing, but you'll just have to learn to work around it.

when a player has played so little, the per 36 is the WORST stat to look at. For example, in year one Boban was putting historically great per 36 numbers, better than Wilt and Karim even.

Anyhow, I am not arguing that Marco is better than Lonnie, but that Lonnie right now is not there yet. He is still learning the system and his teammates. And that, both Lonnie and Marco are just bad. I believe Pop plays Marco because that makes him easier to be traded, doesn't play Lonnie, because other teams will not ask for him in a possible trade and it gives Lonnie time to develop and play the game when he is really ready to contribute.

ZeusWillJudge
12-28-2019, 11:00 PM
when a player has played so little, the per 36 is the WORST stat to look at. For example, in year one Boban was putting historically great per 36 numbers, better than Wilt and Karim even.

Please don't try to teach stats fundamentals. Please. I just don't have the energy to argue stupid shit.

You don't want to compare Per36 numbers for a starter and a guy getting short minutes against reserves. But Lonnie and Beli have mostly faced a similar level of competition, and Beli himself has only gotten 16 mpg. (More than he should get, but that's another story.) They're both only responsible for playing in short bursts.

Boban was a special situation, because he mostly got deep bench minutes at the end of games, when it no longer mattered. He was a fucking giant, and could overpower those less-talented, less-skilled reserves. He can't do it as a starter, and he can't do it for extended minutes. Situations like that are outliers, and you have to be smart enough to recognize when the stats aren't useful.

But you don't even need stats to recognize the times when Lonnie has come in and instantly changed the complexion of the game. I don't know if he could ever do that more consistently, but we know Beli can't. And Beli is absolutely horrible on the defensive end. Surely you can see that his terrible D makes him a net negative?

You want to argue with me so badly that you can't listen. You're right... Lonnie is not "there" yet. But he has potential to get much better. We know exactly who/what Beli is. He's not going to get better. Lonnie may not, but Marco absolutely won't. Marco's only reason for getting oxygen is as a 3P shooter, and he's shot them like shit. He's shot more than Lonnie, but Lonnie's 3P% is better. When you're a specialist (Beli) and you aren't doing that one thing well, it's a big problem. I'd rather try to develop Lonnie than waste minutes on Beli. If you feel differently about that, we just have a difference of opinion.

alpha_HaZE
12-29-2019, 12:40 AM
Please don't try to teach stats fundamentals. Please. I just don't have the energy to argue stupid shit.

You don't want to compare Per36 numbers for a starter and a guy getting short minutes against reserves. But Lonnie and Beli have mostly faced a similar level of competition, and Beli himself has only gotten 16 mpg. (More than he should get, but that's another story.) They're both only responsible for playing in short bursts.

Boban was a special situation, because he mostly got deep bench minutes at the end of games, when it no longer mattered. He was a fucking giant, and could overpower those less-talented, less-skilled reserves. He can't do it as a starter, and he can't do it for extended minutes. Situations like that are outliers, and you have to be smart enough to recognize when the stats aren't useful.

But you don't even need stats to recognize the times when Lonnie has come in and instantly changed the complexion of the game. I don't know if he could ever do that more consistently, but we know Beli can't. And Beli is absolutely horrible on the defensive end. Surely you can see that his terrible D makes him a net negative?

You want to argue with me so badly that you can't listen. You're right... Lonnie is not "there" yet. But he has potential to get much better. We know exactly who/what Beli is. He's not going to get better. Lonnie may not, but Marco absolutely won't. Marco's only reason for getting oxygen is as a 3P shooter, and he's shot them like shit. He's shot more than Lonnie, but Lonnie's 3P% is better. When you're a specialist (Beli) and you aren't doing that one thing well, it's a big problem. I'd rather try to develop Lonnie than waste minutes on Beli. If you feel differently about that, we just have a difference of opinion.

How do you feel being a troll? Like really, is that a life worth living?

spursparker9
12-29-2019, 06:34 AM
I believe he can shoot 3s now. Get him!