PDA

View Full Version : Drew Brees

HarlemHeat37
12-27-2019, 03:36 PM
Anybody else confused by all this Brees love lately?

He's a good QB, definite Hall of Famer, but he's never even been the best QB in any given season and is clearly a system QB with inflated numbers playing in a dome. The Saints didn't miss anything when he sat earlier in the season, Sean Payton has clearly been the MVP of that franchise in this era.

He couldn't even win an MVP award in an era where Cam Newton and Matt Ryan each got one:lol.

FrostKing
12-27-2019, 04:13 PM
Everything with that franchise has heightened importance because ESPN loves New Orleans. Extremely rigid route oriented passing attack inside a Dome. If they don't get a Bye after this weekend they are toast.

Millennial_Messiah
12-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Everything with that franchise has heightened importance because ESPN loves New Orleans. Extremely rigid route oriented passing attack inside a Dome. If they don't get a Bye after this weekend they are toast.

They shot themselves in the foot the other day by beating the titans which was a lose lose for both sides. The titans benefited by losing and the saints would have as well. Now they don't even control their own destiny for a bye because they went 4-0 against the AFC which is a killer for conference Tiebreakers.

Pelicans78
12-27-2019, 06:44 PM
Anybody else confused by all this Brees love lately?

He's a good QB, definite Hall of Famer, but he's never even been the best QB in any given season and is clearly a system QB with inflated numbers playing in a dome. The Saints didn't miss anything when he sat earlier in the season, Sean Payton has clearly been the MVP of that franchise in this era.

He couldn't even win an MVP award in an era where Cam Newton and Matt Ryan each got one:lol.

He was the best QB in the league in 2009 when the Saints won it all. He had the best stats, outplayed Peyton in the Super Bowl and won Super MVP. He should have won regular season MVP that season but the media loves the Manning name.

He’s carried that franchise for years until Payton finally figured out how to put a competent defense two years ago and still the defense blew it in Minnesota after Brees shredded that defense. Payton has cost Brees multiple Super Bowls due to poor late game coaching. He’s a great offensive mind but blows it on fine details especially on defense and late in game decisions.

Pelicans78
12-27-2019, 06:48 PM

ESPN hates New Orleans especially when it comes to the NBA. They’ve negatively reported on Pelicans and the city for almost a year now since AD demanded a trade.

Saints are the most complete team in the NFC. They can win anywhere on the road and they’ve only blown late leads on the road due to poor defense and coaching. They have best o-line easily in the NFC this season and they don’t need home field. Just better coaching.

Pelicans78
12-27-2019, 06:50 PM
They shot themselves in the foot the other day by beating the titans which was a lose lose for both sides. The titans benefited by losing and the saints would have as well. Now they don't even control their own destiny for a bye because they went 4-0 against the AFC which is a killer for conference Tiebreakers.

If they lost to the Titans they would already be out of it for homefield. Why the fuck do you keep posting? Just stop dude. You get worse every year.

AlexJones
12-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Most overrated QB of all time. Big Ben better

:lol 3 straight 7-9 seasons

Mark Celibate
12-29-2019, 12:40 AM
If they lost to the Titans they would already be out of it for homefield. Why the fuck do you keep posting? Just stop dude. You get worse every year.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Millennial_Messiah
12-29-2019, 03:19 AM
ESPN hates New Orleans especially when it comes to the NBA. They’ve negatively reported on Pelicans and the city for almost a year now since AD demanded a trade.

Saints are the most complete team in the NFC. They can win anywhere on the road and they’ve only blown late leads on the road due to poor defense and coaching. They have best o-line easily in the NFC this season and they don’t need home field. Just better coaching.

I hope they beat green gay in round 2 regardless of which venue. I hate them

SuperCam
12-29-2019, 10:28 AM
the most egregious stat padder of all time tbh. a few years ago we were up 30 in the pussydome and they kept him out there with a few minutes left against our 3rd stringers until he extended his TD streak which was active at the time :lol

Will Hunting
12-29-2019, 10:43 AM

What are your thoughts on them looking at AB?

Fat Brandon Bass
12-29-2019, 11:46 AM
Haven’t followed the Saints that closely. I’m sure there’s been some forced stat padding by Payton but no way am I buying Brees being overrated. Obviously put him behind Brady, but he’s every bit as good as Manning or Rodgers was regardless of stats

Will Hunting
12-29-2019, 01:30 PM
Haven’t followed the Saints that closely. I’m sure there’s been some forced stat padding by Payton but no way am I buying Brees being overrated. Obviously put him behind Brady, but he’s every bit as good as Manning or Rodgers was regardless of stats
It's also not like Brees is the only one who stat pads, Peyton was the king of audibling out of goal line run plays to inflate his passing TDs.

DAF86
12-29-2019, 01:33 PM
Watching this Packers-Lions game I'm a lot more confused about the Aaron Rodgers love, tbh.

Will Hunting
12-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Watching this Packers-Lions game I'm a lot more confused about the Aaron Rodgers love, tbh.
It's classic Rodgers. He'll play down to shitty competition for 3 quarters, then will score 2+ touchdowns in the 4th quarter to win a close game and will get credit for a :cry great comeback victory :cry

DAF86
12-29-2019, 04:09 PM
It's classic Rodgers. He'll play down to shitty competition for 3 quarters, then will score 2+ touchdowns in the 4th quarter to win a close game and will get credit for a :cry great comeback victory :cry

You called it, tbh.

DAF86
12-29-2019, 04:12 PM
Or maybe not.

Will Hunting
12-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Or maybe not.
That interception basically functioned as a long punt.

Even if it was a bad interception, you can be sure that if Green Bay wins this game there will be a media circle jerk about Rodgers coming back :lol

DAF86
12-29-2019, 04:18 PM
That interception basically functioned as a long punt.

Even if it was a bad interception, you can be sure that if Green Bay wins this game there will be a media circle jerk about Rodgers coming back :lol

Yeah, yeah. You called it, tbh.

DAF86
12-29-2019, 04:20 PM
I never seen a guy get sucked so much for putting up 23 pts vs shitty teams, tbh. :lol

Pelicans78
12-29-2019, 04:40 PM
What are your thoughts on them looking at AB?

I like it. Saints need another WR next to Thomas. Plus it would be a big middle finger to Goodell. He’s definitely a team cancer but it would be a low risk signing for the playoff run. He had a great workout apparently.

Clipper Nation
12-29-2019, 04:45 PM
I never seen a guy get sucked so much for putting up 23 pts vs shitty teams, tbh. :lol

:lol Don't you still suck Peyton for going one-and-done in the playoffs most years?

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2019, 04:52 PM

Rodgers love? Everybody has recognized his visible decline the past 2 years:lol. He has been the most criticized QB on social media this year outside of Trubisky, off the top of my head.

If you're talking about career, then ya, many people say he had the best peak they've seen. He's Shaq-like, extremely high peak but has declined as his physical attributes have diminished.

DAF86
12-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Rodgers love? Everybody has recognized his visible decline the past 2 years:lol. He has been the most criticized QB on social media this year outside of Trubisky, off the top of my head.

If you're talking about career, then ya, many people say he had the best peak they've seen. He's Shaq-like, extremely high peak but has declined as his physical attributes have diminished.

I don't know man. As recent as last season I kept seeing, year after year, lists that had Rodgers as the best QB in the World.

DAF86
12-29-2019, 05:24 PM
:lol Don't you still suck Peyton for going one-and-done in the playoffs most years?

As if Rodgers was some kind of playoffs stalwart. :lol

Manning has double the SB's Rodgers has and more than double the MVP's. Yet you suck Rodgers off and shit on Manning. :lol

Clipper Nation
12-29-2019, 05:29 PM
As if Rodgers was some kind of playoffs stalwart. :lol

Manning has double the SB's Rodgers has and more than double the MVP's. Yet you suck Rodgers off and shit on Manning. :lol

Rodgers earned his ring. He didn't Peyton his way to that ring.

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2019, 05:32 PM
I don't know man. As recent as last season I kept seeing, year after year, lists that had Rodgers as the best QB in the World.

Maybe I'm too deep into NFL fandom and haven't been seeing mainstream outlets talking, but my timeline for the year(excluding weekly trends) is something like:

25% Lamar Jackson is God
25% lol Cowboys
20% lol Browns
10% Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson
7.5% Rodgers is trash now
7.5% Brady is finished/Patriots cheat
4% Jameis
1% Fitzmagic/Gruden/49ers/lol Rams future

Pelicans78
12-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Mildly surprised Brees is clearly the best QB in the NFC even at his age.

Pelicans78
12-29-2019, 07:28 PM
the most egregious stat padder of all time tbh. a few years ago we were up 30 in the pussydome and they kept him out there with a few minutes left against our 3rd stringers until he extended his TD streak which was active at the time :lol

Hey bitch. How did you like that 42-10 beatdown? Where’s Cam gonna be next season? Backing up Mitch in Chicago?

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2019, 07:37 PM
Cam would have had just as much success this season in New Orleans:lol

They were the same caliber of team with an average QB in Bridgewater starting. I don't see any reason to think that Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff or Matt Ryan couldn't have led them to 13-3.

Pelicans78
12-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Cam would have had just as much success this season in New Orleans:lol

They were the same caliber of team with an average QB in Bridgewater starting. I don't see any reason to think that Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff or Matt Ryan couldn't have led them to 13-3.

Teddy did a great job but he got a lot of help from the defense, running game, and special teams especially in the wins against Seattle, Dallas, and Jacksonville. But Brees had to carry the defense the last few weeks due to the massive amount of injuries. But you wouldn’t know because you’re a dumb fuck who continues to post lies about Brees because he’s proven to be much better than you boy Rodgers who’s the most overrated QB in history. Deal with it bitch.

HarlemHeat37
12-29-2019, 08:01 PM
Teddy did a great job but he got a lot of help from the defense, running game, and special teams especially in the wins against Seattle, Dallas, and Jacksonville. But Brees had to carry the defense the last few weeks due to the massive amount of injuries. But you wouldn’t know because you’re a dumb fuck who continues to post lies about Brees because he’s proven to be much better than you boy Rodgers who’s the most overrated QB in history. Deal with it bitch.

You can make whatever excuses you want, they looked great with Bridgewater replacing him:lol.

I just can't celebrate a man who couldn't win an MVP award in an era where Matt Ryan and Cam both won one. It's an award given to QBs almost every year:lol I don't see any reason that Matt Ryan couldn't have been viewed the same way with Payton as his coach.

Pelicans78
12-29-2019, 08:13 PM
You can make whatever excuses you want, they looked great with Bridgewater replacing him:lol.

I just can't celebrate a man who couldn't win an MVP award in an era where Matt Ryan and Cam both won one. It's an award given to QBs almost every year:lol I don't see any reason that Matt Ryan couldn't have been viewed the same way with Payton as his coach.

It’s funny how you have to put a laugh smiley at the end of each post just to make you feel more secure about yourself. Sure the team looked great with Bridgewater because he played solid surrounded by a strong defense, running game, and special teams but the offensive metrics were below average overall until Brees came back and he had to carry the defense the last few weeks. Stop being stupid by denying that.

Matt Ryan has had much better skilled players throughout his career compared to Brees. He doesn’t have Brees poise or accuracy. That’s why he’s been a massive choker throughout his career especially blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl. Brees should have won MVP in 2009 but got screwed because the media darling won in Peyton. He had MVP caliber seasons in 2011 and 2018 but Rodgers and Mahomes had fantastic seasons.

Why are you even posting when you’re just as dumb as MM and get worse every year. Go back to hibernation because you don’t bring anything.

SuperCam
12-29-2019, 08:16 PM
damn someone's mad knowing that the Aints sure as shit aren't winning two road games in the same playoffs :lol

Pelicans78
12-29-2019, 08:18 PM
damn someone's mad knowing that the Aints sure as shit aren't winning two road games in the same playoffs :lol

Luckily the Saints made the playoffs because you have nothing else to look forward to this postseason. Cam’s career is over, the defense has gotten old and all you have is two white skilled players....

SuperCam
12-29-2019, 08:23 PM
:cry muh breesus honor :cry

:lol

https://twitter.com/baltimore1996/status/1211408368176422915

Bad karma tbh

Pelicans78
12-29-2019, 08:25 PM
:cry muh breesus honor :cry

https://twitter.com/baltimore1996/status/1211408368176422915

Bad karma tbh

Didnt you claim Brees was done last season? And yet karma hit Cam and ended his career instead. Karma’s a bitch.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-30-2019, 02:18 PM
I wish Sean Payton wouldve been able to trade for Romo like he wanted to in 05-06. Romo gets a couple rings for sure.

SpursforSix
12-30-2019, 02:25 PM
Mildly surprised Brees is clearly the best QB in the NFC even at his age.

This can't possibly be true. Andy said that Brees has lost it and has been on the decline.

phxspurfan
12-30-2019, 04:44 PM
They have best o-line easily in the NFC this season and they don’t need home field. Just better coaching.

As right as this is, their defense looks even better right now. They play fast and aggressive. Scary team tbh. If only they got home field, they'd be this year's Chiefs

phxspurfan
12-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Cam’s career is over, the defense has gotten old and all you have is two white skilled players....

Yo, Kyle Allen and Greg Olsen can carry them, don't underestimate :rollin

Clipper Nation
12-30-2019, 05:38 PM

How many road playoff games is Scam Newton winning this year?

SpursforSix
12-30-2019, 05:45 PM
How many road playoff games is Scam Newton winning this year?

is the answer, "balls"?

SuperCam
01-05-2020, 04:24 PM
Didnt you claim Brees was done last season? And yet karma hit Cam and ended his career instead. Karma’s a bitch.

Karma motherfucka :lol

SuperCam
01-05-2020, 04:32 PM
https://twitter.com/chanpionDFS/status/1213934941089812480

pillhead payton and GOAT statpadder breesus did Teddy wrong, despite him carrying the team all season.

Teddy two gloves wouldn't be turning it over twice at home either :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-05-2020, 04:44 PM
At least he got his precious regular season stats in a sport where individual stats are virtually meaningless.

resistanze
01-05-2020, 05:40 PM
At least he got his precious regular season stats in a sport where individual stats are virtually meaningless.

HarlemHeat37
01-05-2020, 07:21 PM
Pelicans78
Hi

Pelicans78
01-05-2020, 07:39 PM
Yeah he sucked today lol. Great career. Time to retire.

HarlemHeat37
01-05-2020, 07:41 PM
Yeah he sucked today lol. Great career. Time to retire.

:toast

Payton was bad in the 2nd half and Kamara was horrible, to be fair to Brees.

Pelicans78
01-05-2020, 07:47 PM
:toast

Payton was bad in the 2nd half and Kamara was horrible, to be fair to Brees.

Payton’s a good coach but could have been an all-time great if he was better at in-game coaching. But his clock management was brutal late and could have given the team more time to score a TD to win it. But I’m used to it. He wants to focus on the offense which is fine but if he didn’t have Brees he’d be no better than Andy Reid or McCarthy without Rodgers.

That said, it’s time for Brees to go. Start over with Bridgewater. At least he can throw the ball downfield.

AlexJones
01-05-2020, 08:02 PM
Forget being the best, he hasnt even been the 2nd best QB in the league at any given time

06: Brady Manning
07: Brady Manning
08: Manning Rivers
09: Manning Rodgers
10: Brady Rodgers
11: Brady Rodgers
12: Manning Rodgers
13: Manning Rodgers
14: Rodgers Roethlisberger
15: Brady Newton
16: Brady Rodgers
17: Brady Roethlisberger
18: Mahomes Wilson
19: Mahomes Wilson

Clipper Nation
01-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Forget being the best, he hasnt even been the 2nd best QB in the league at any given time

Favre was better than Peyton in 2007 and 2009, tbh.

Scam and Struggle have never been top-two quarterbacks in the league. Nobody in their right mind would ever take either of those guys over Brees.

Pelicans78
01-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Brees was the best in 2009. Best passer rating, highest QBR and outplayed Peyton in the Super Bowl. Favre was great too that year.

Pelicans78
01-05-2020, 08:24 PM
But he needs to retire. Time to get a QB who can throw downfield. Give Teddy a chance.

Clipper Nation
01-05-2020, 08:26 PM
I kind of hope Taysom gets to be the starter if they move on from Brees, tbh. The Saints could be a really fun team with Taysom in that Kordell Stewart role.

Mark Celibate
01-05-2020, 08:46 PM

Brees is essentially the John Stockton/Karl Malone of the NFL, which isn't a knock on him. Always been in the top 3-5 every year, had longevity, but rarely been the best at his position. Still a surefire HOF'er

Floyd Pacquiao
01-05-2020, 08:46 PM

14 Romo was the best QB in the league

Pelicans78
01-05-2020, 08:48 PM
I kind of hope Taysom gets to be the starter if they move on from Brees, tbh. The Saints could be a really fun team with Taysom in that Kordell Stewart role.

He’s a great athlete. Only issue would be accuracy and durability. He never stayed healthy in college and he seems like a guy who would be willing to take a lot of hits.

Bill_Brasky
01-05-2020, 09:14 PM
Lmmfao at the idea of starting Taysom fucking Hill instead of Bridgewater.

FrostKing
01-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Lower tier than Elway. But not sure he isn't equal or even superior to Rodgers.

Pelicans78
01-11-2020, 07:03 PM
Needs to retire after losing to Cousins in a home playoff game in a non-shootout.

spurraider21
01-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Romo
:lmao

Floyd Pacquiao
01-11-2020, 08:58 PM
:lmao

The only quarterback to not win MVP despite having the highest quarterback rating that year. Came within a Dez drop/catch in today's rules from possibly going to the championship game, tbh.

DAF86
03-30-2020, 12:16 AM
xQoKEUYxTT4

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 07:25 AM
xQoKEUYxTT4
So he’s the GOAT for being a shameless stat padder?

DAF86
03-30-2020, 05:45 PM
So he’s the GOAT for being a shameless stat padder?

I don't know son. I don't give a fuck about Brees. I just posted this to stir shit up. I'm bored :(

DAF86
03-30-2020, 05:53 PM
One thing I will say though is that his pass % is pretty remarkable. Accuracy (and all that comes with it, like, for example, making good reads) is the one aspect of QB play that I value the most. It's not like he is a game manager that throws 25 check downs per game. Having such a high completition % as well as constantly racking up record breaking yardage is an incredible feat, that might pretty well indicate he's the best thrower of the ball of all-time.

Again, it all comes down to circumstances. If Brees had played in New Enlgand under Belichick all his career, he probably would be the one seen as the GOAT right now. The same could be said for several other QB's.

This is the one big problem I have with the NFL, how coaches are usually more important than the players when it comes to winning.

Will Hunting
03-30-2020, 06:47 PM
I don't know son. I don't give a fuck about Brees. I just posted this to stir shit up. I'm bored :(
Post more in the political forum scrah. Your last post about Republicans becoming Keynesians was masterful.