PDA

View Full Version : Ron Rivera new coach for the Washington Redskins

TheCultOfPersonality
12-31-2019, 09:02 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1212008644201590785

DAF86
12-31-2019, 02:04 PM
I will never understand why US teams give these long ass deals to coaches. Most of the time they end up firing the guy and having to pay the full contract.

MultiTroll
12-31-2019, 02:35 PM
^ my theory is gambling overlords own some of these guys and want to continue the schemery.

Happens in all of the major sports.

spurraider21
12-31-2019, 04:17 PM
I will never understand why US teams give these long ass deals to coaches. Most of the time they end up firing the guy and having to pay the full contract.
sought after coaches demand those. expect the same for mccarthy and/or mcdaniels

DAF86
12-31-2019, 05:02 PM
sought after coaches demand those. expect the same for mccarthy and/or mcdaniels

Why the fuck are those "sought after coaches"? :lol I could understand the Patriots signing Belichick to a contract like that. But make these middle of the pack shitty ass coaches earn those type of contracts.

spurraider21
12-31-2019, 05:08 PM
Why the fuck are those "sought after coaches"? :lol I could understand the Patriots signing Belichick to a contract like that. But make these middle of the pack shitty ass coaches earn those type of contracts.
experienced coaches who aren't washed up like tom coughlin are sought after because they know what they're doing. both rivera and mccarthy have coached for a long time and have had playoff success.

DAF86
12-31-2019, 05:17 PM
experienced coaches who aren't washed up like tom coughlin are sought after because they know what they're doing. both rivera and mccarthy have coached for a long time and have had playoff success.

Those type of coaches get 2 years contracts max on any non-US sport, tbh. Heck, even elite coaches get no more than 2/3 years contracts untill they prove they can pull their magic with that specific new team.

That's the smart way to go, imho.

SpursforSix
12-31-2019, 05:32 PM
Those type of coaches get 2 years contracts max on any non-US sport, tbh. Heck, even elite coaches get no more than 2/3 years contracts untill they prove they can pull their magic with that specific new team.

I assume you're talking about soccer? In comparison, football takes a lot longer to integrate new defensive and offensive systems. And getting the personnel you want.
Really in comparison to almost all other sports as well.

Clipper Nation
12-31-2019, 06:16 PM

Soccer also fires their coaches quicker than any North American sport (only hockey even comes close). The standards are different.

Also, coaching in the NFL is a way tougher job than coaching soccer. Right off the bat, a coach needs a couple drafts to get the right players for their system. The logistics involved generally require teams to give their coach a few years, unless they're horrendously bad with no hope for improvement (i.e. Freddie Kitchens).

i'm_still_beta
12-31-2019, 06:24 PM
Soccer also fires their coaches quicker than any North American sport (only hockey even comes close). The standards are different.

Also, coaching in the NFL is a way tougher job than coaching soccer. Right off the bat, a coach needs a couple drafts to get the right players for their system. The logistics involved generally require teams to give their coach a few years, unless they're horrendously bad with no hope for improvement (i.e. Freddie Kitchens).

Give examples,please

DAF86
12-31-2019, 07:45 PM
I assume you're talking about soccer? In comparison, football takes a lot longer to integrate new defensive and offensive systems. And getting the personnel you want.
Really in comparison to almost all other sports as well.

NFL coaches get fired just as often as soccer coaches, tbh. :lol

Clipper Nation
12-31-2019, 07:47 PM
Give examples,please

NFL coaches get fired just as often as soccer coaches, tbh. :lol

"According to an analysis by Business Insider last year, the median tenure of all NFL coaches was three seasons, while the median of Premier League coaches was just a season and a half. An ESPN study from 2015 showed that the percentage of coaches replaced since 1996 is more than 30 points higher in the Premier League than in either the NFL or Major League Baseball."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3070338/leicester-city-firing-claudio-ranieri-shows-soccer-management-is-the-least-secure-job-in-sports

DAF86
12-31-2019, 09:40 PM
"According to an analysis by Business Insider last year, the median tenure of all NFL coaches was three seasons, while the median of Premier League coaches was just a season and a half. An ESPN study from 2015 showed that the percentage of coaches replaced since 1996 is more than 30 points higher in the Premier League than in either the NFL or Major League Baseball."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3070338/leicester-city-firing-claudio-ranieri-shows-soccer-management-is-the-least-secure-job-in-sports

"March of 2017" :lol

Even if the ratio remains, the only reason for such difference are probably the length of the contracts.

SpursforSix
12-31-2019, 09:51 PM

Even if the ratio remains, the only reason for such difference are probably the length of the contracts.

nigga, you’re the one that was just asking why the contracts were longer.

Clipper Nation
12-31-2019, 11:38 PM

And the contracts are longer because both sides understand that NFL coaches need more time. Soccer coaches are glorified cheerleaders by comparison. What can they really do besides coach players on their flopping techniques and remind them not to trip over the ball? :lol

DAF86
01-01-2020, 12:07 AM
nigga, you’re the one that was just asking why the contracts were longer.

And the contracts are longer because both sides understand that NFL coaches need more time. Soccer coaches are glorified cheerleaders by comparison. What can they really do besides coach players on their flopping techniques and remind them not to trip over the ball? :lol

Only reason NFL coaches last longer is because franchises dig themselves a bigger hole. Tell the fucking truth: how many coaches that start like shit end up being worth a shit with a team?

NFL coaches are like all other coaches in the World, they need to start well to keep it up.

Will Hunting
01-01-2020, 03:27 AM
They can encourage more double hand jobs in the showers after the game to improve team moral :lol

Bill_Brasky
01-01-2020, 12:27 PM
They can encourage more double hand jobs in the showers after the game to improve team moral :lol

Doublehandjobball is one of the great jokes to ever be made on this site, imo :lol