PDA

View Full Version : Shame On NYG

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 03:35 PM
I called this in the Week 5 thread or something....

NYG should've dignified their two-time champ with one last year of starting to see if he could turn it around instead of having him back up an f'ing scrub. This organization deserves to go the way of NYK for this, tbh.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eli-manning-deserved-better-than-the-giants/ar-BBYtIIZ?ocid=spartanntp

Will Hunting
12-31-2019, 03:46 PM
He was a career .500 starter and won two superbowls on defensive-minded teams that only required modest output from him.

The Giants gave him a lot of time to turn it around, he’s been dogshit for years now. He even entered this year as a starter but shat all over himself before he got benched.

Mark Celibate
12-31-2019, 04:01 PM
:lol two time champ. Scoring only 17 points against the 07 Patriots would end in a blowout for most teams

Will Hunting
12-31-2019, 04:06 PM
:lol two time champ. Scoring only 17 points against the 07 Patriots would end in a blowout for most teams
Then he scored 21 points against the 11 Patriots, a team that gave up on average......21 points a game :lol

:lol 117-117 record as a starter

Clipper Nation
12-31-2019, 06:20 PM
I'd take prime Elite Manning over Struggle, Dak, Jimmy G, etc. any day of the week, tbh. Proven playoff performers > regular-season darlings.

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 06:28 PM
Agree that Manning did what needed to be done. In the 08 playoffs (07 season) people forget that the Giants won all their games on the road, including at a frozen Lambau Field with Favre taking his last hurrah there. Is he an all-time great? Of course not. The Giants owed him better though. I'm not even saying don't bench him if the next Aaron Rodgers is in the wings. But benching him for some ass clown? I can't get behind that.

Will Hunting
12-31-2019, 06:33 PM
Agree that Manning did what needed to be done. In the 08 playoffs (07 season) people forget that the Giants won all their games on the road, including at a frozen Lambau Field with Favre taking his last hurrah there. Is he an all-time great? Of course not. The Giants owed him better though. I'm not even saying don't bench him if the next Aaron Rodgers is in the wings. But benching him for some ass clown? I can't get behind that.
They benched him for a guy they just used a top 10 pick on who played decently well (24 touchdowns 12 interceptions as a rookie on a shitty team). He might not ever turn into anything but idk how you could expect them to keep the guy they just invested their futute into on the bench so Eli can get a fairwell your.

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 06:37 PM
They benched him for a guy they just used a top 10 pick on who played decently well (24 touchdowns 12 interceptions as a rookie on a shitty team). He might not ever turn into anything but idk how you could expect them to keep the guy they just invested their futute into on the bench so Eli can get a fairwell your.

There was no rush to get him out there; it's not like they were a playoff contender.

Let him watch on the sideline and give your two-time Super Bowl Champion Franchise QB the sendoff he's earned.

Will Hunting
12-31-2019, 06:57 PM
There was no rush to get him out there; it's not like they were a playoff contender.

Let him watch on the sideline and give your two-time Super Bowl Champion Franchise QB the sendoff he's earned.
Are you really this dense? They didn’t play him because they were contending, they wanted to get him reps for his development. It’d be insanely retarded to stunt the development of the QB you just used a top 10 pick on because Eli Manning refuses to retire despite being total dogshit for years now and wants a farewell tour.

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 07:09 PM
Are you really this dense? They didn’t play him because they were contending

:lmao And you're calling me dense.

Spurtacular
12-31-2019, 07:10 PM
Eli Manning refuses to retire despite being total dogshit for years now and wants a farewell tour.

His contract was up this year. You give the man his sendoff right.

AaronY
01-01-2020, 03:58 AM
His contract was up this year. You give the man his sendoff right.
Exactly. They should have traded for the 2000 Ravens defense and seen if he could have game managed his way to another 'ship.

Spurtacular
01-01-2020, 04:45 AM
Exactly. They should have traded for the 2000 Ravens defense and seen if he could have game managed his way to another 'ship.

Nobody's claiming Manning was going to take Giants to another chip.

Mark Celibate
01-01-2020, 10:53 AM
I'd take prime Elite Manning over Struggle, Dak, Jimmy G, etc. any day of the week, tbh. Proven playoff performers > regular-season darlings.

:lol the funny thing is that those two both have higher QB ratings than Eli in the playoffs. Just shows how overrated his playoff performances actually were tbh

Will Hunting
01-01-2020, 11:31 AM
:lol the funny thing is that those two both have higher QB ratings than Eli in the playoffs. Just shows how overrated his playoff performances actually were tbh
His career record in the playoffs is 0-4 outside of those two seasons :lol (2 of them being home games)

Bill_Brasky
01-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Flukiest player to ever live, tbh....should be nowhere near the hof

benefactor
01-01-2020, 12:42 PM
He'll get in. He's a Manning.

SpursforSix
01-01-2020, 12:59 PM

There’s no doubt. Even after he said fuck you to the draft process. He’s considered royalty.

Will Hunting
01-01-2020, 04:51 PM
To be fair, even though his career was a steamy pile of mediocrity outside of the 2007 and 2011 playoff runs, I can’t think of a QB with 2 or more Super Bowls who’s not in the HOF. If there’s any quarterback with 2+ superbowls who doesn’t deserve it it’s definitely him (some might argue Roetblisberger but hes had some playoff success outside of his two Super Bowl runs while Eli hasn’t) but voters aren’t going to buck the trend with someone who’s last name is Manning.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jim Plunkett has two super bowls and isn’t in the pro football hall of fame, so there’s a blueprint for why Manning doesn’t deserve it. Still don’t think they keep him out though.

phxspurfan
01-01-2020, 05:49 PM
Giants O-line was as much to blame for Manning's struggles. He has been under pressure the last 2 years in the pocket. Also has had zero receivers to speak of. Don't say Sterling Shepard is a starting quality receiver because he isn't.

Spurtacular
01-01-2020, 07:14 PM
His career record in the playoffs is 0-4 outside of those two seasons :lol (2 of them being home games)

Unsurprising. Aside from the second Super Bowl, his teams weren't that good.

Spurtacular
01-01-2020, 07:18 PM
To be fair, even though his career was a steamy pile of mediocrity outside of the 2007 and 2011 playoff runs, I can’t think of a QB with 2 or more Super Bowls who’s not in the HOF. If there’s any quarterback with 2+ superbowls who doesn’t deserve it it’s definitely him (some might argue Roetblisberger but hes had some playoff success outside of his two Super Bowl runs while Eli hasn’t) but voters aren’t going to buck the trend with someone who’s last name is Manning.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jim Plunkett has two super bowls and isn’t in the pro football hall of fame, so there’s a blueprint for why Manning doesn’t deserve it. Still don’t think they keep him out though.

Two SBs as "the man" in the modern era has to be a golden ticket into the HOF. If Flacco has a resurgence and wins a second SB, he'll make the HOF, tbh.

Spurtacular
01-01-2020, 07:19 PM

You'll snitch. You're a snitch bitch.

Spurtacular
01-01-2020, 08:18 PM
Giants O-line was as much to blame for Manning's struggles. He has been under pressure the last 2 years in the pocket. Also has had zero receivers to speak of. Don't say Sterling Shepard is a starting quality receiver because he isn't.

He was a top ten-ish QB who came to work every day and was a steadying influence that with the right breaks got his team two chips.

He deserved a swan song. If nothing else, he should've started that last game.

spurraider21
01-02-2020, 05:05 AM
Nobody's claiming Manning was going to take Giants to another chip.
all the more reason to play the rookie instead

Spurtacular
01-02-2020, 05:25 AM

No.

AaronY
01-02-2020, 12:49 PM
Tbh I like his idea. They should bring back Lawrence Tayor, helmet catch guy, and Mark Bavaro too plus have Parcells coach 'em. full nostalgia. maybe use Frank Gifford's urn as a kicking tee