PDA

View Full Version : DeRozan and LMA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dame and CJ every time

Collins21
01-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Listen how is it that the Blazers are worse than the Spurs with their team being better than the Spurs. Dame is A superstar and Derozan is a bum how can the Spurs be better I don't understand it. Most of us here would trade DeRozan and Aldridge for Dame and CJ but these dudes seem to be worse chokers that our guys.

Robz4000
01-01-2020, 10:02 PM
CJ McCollum is pretty overrated tbh. I'd take him over DeRozan but they're both empty calorie players. Lollard is a monster but can't carry a team to the postseason by himself; half the Blazers' roster is injured and pretty awful to begin with.

Collins21
01-01-2020, 10:07 PM
LA took a trash roster to the playoffs two years ago but Dame can't? Aldridge at 34 is a better player than Lillard.

timtonymanu
01-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Blazers have a lot of awful players. Nurk and Hood are good but both are out for the season so it’s really only Dame, CJ and that Simons kid that are good. They lost some quality depth from last season and I honestly think the Spurs have a better roster on paper.

r0drig0lac
01-01-2020, 10:31 PM
?

TimDunkem
01-01-2020, 10:32 PM
Blazers aren't good though...

MultiTroll
01-01-2020, 10:38 PM
14-18 >>>>>>>> 14-21.
Never mind that Nurk and Hood are out. DeRozan and LMA just took it to the Dubs in overtime!!!! :cheer

Collins21
01-01-2020, 10:40 PM
Blazers aren't good though...

Neither are the Spurs but most people in the basketball suck off CJ Mccolllum and this dude is a worse player than DeRozan. Before the season started Woj was interviewing him and Won said the spurs run was over and the Blazers are the new Spurs well they look like the "New Spurs"

Arcadian
01-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Most of us here would trade DeRozan and Aldridge for Dame and CJ

Hell no.

Sugus
01-02-2020, 12:27 AM
Blazers are in a much shittier situation, too. They'll get better for sure once Nurkic is back, but the humungous contracts given to Same and CJ will effectively prevent them from adding the depth/quality third star that they need to go from playoff fodder team to true contenders. With Dame and CJ being 29 and 28 respectively, they still have a window of a few years to get some moves but it's not looking good. Dame simply doesn't have the defensive ability to truly carry the Blazers and CJ is a Danny Green-like icy-hot chucker. Both on long contracts that will be difficult to move (some blazers fans are already turning on CJ).

As much as people here like to cliff-jump over the Spurs' current and future situation, I'd take ours 10 times out of 10. Much like the Raptors with DeRozan, the Blazers' stars are not good enough to carry a team to the Finals and their supermax and other large contracts will handicap their future.

marinoman
01-02-2020, 12:31 AM
Derozan sux

alpha_HaZE
01-02-2020, 01:06 AM
Listen how is it that the Blazers are worse than the Spurs with their team being better than the Spurs. Dame is A superstar and Derozan is a bum how can the Spurs be better I don't understand it. Most of us here would trade DeRozan and Aldridge for Dame and CJ but these dudes seem to be worse chokers that our guys.

Not really, if the Blazers were healthy with Nurk, Collins, and Hood they would have a better record that us.

Pretty much every team in the west has a better duo than us; LAL, LAC, GSW (when healthy), Pelicans (when healthy), Nuggets, Mavs, OKC, Utah, MIN and of course HOU. If not for injuries to other teams and our good coaching, we would not be making the playoffs right now.

Collins21
01-02-2020, 01:11 AM
Not really, if the Blazers were healthy with Nurk, Collins, and Hood they would have a better record that us.

Pretty much every team in the west has a better duo than us; LAL, LAC, GSW (when healthy), Pelicans (when healthy), Nuggets, Mavs, OKC, Utah, MIN and of course HOU. If not for injuries to other teams and our good coaching, we would not be making the playoffs right now.

LaMarcus lead a garbage roster to the playoffs with his teammate who was a top 5 player refusing to play. No excuses Dame with CJ should be able to ge t it done period!!!

ZeusWillJudge
01-02-2020, 01:20 AM
DeRozan and LMA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dame and CJ every time (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282636&p=10023512)

November 16, 20019

/Thread

tholdren
01-02-2020, 03:48 AM
Forbes over gay murray and walker

Shakril
01-02-2020, 06:37 AM
Lillard is better than any of the Spurs Player. CJ is younger as DeRozean, besides that i think they are equal. There is still a difference between those 2 Teams: Portland has Key Injuries, Spurs dont.

r0drig0lac
01-02-2020, 06:57 AM
LaMarcus lead a garbage roster to the playoffs with his teammate who was a top 5 player refusing to play. No excuses Dame with CJ should be able to ge t it done period!!!

Ok

Rummpd
01-02-2020, 08:20 AM
Spurs also have likely played to date much softer schedule.

RC_Drunkford
01-02-2020, 08:40 AM
CJ McCollum is basically Bryn Forbes with more shot attempts tbh

Prime BEEF
01-02-2020, 11:06 AM

Yes, except for the good coaching part

Prime BEEF
01-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Collins, hood and Nurkic being out has really hurt them. Even with those injuries they are neck and neck with us right now. And we are totally healthy.

Complete roster swap right now. Blazers’ roster or spurs’ roster...who you got? Easily blazers for me

itzsoweezee
01-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Spurs have been one of the healthiest teams this season, blazers are one of the unhealthiest.

Blazers will still end up with the better record in the end unless they decide to tank.

SAGirl
01-02-2020, 11:35 AM
Spurs fully healthy, vs an injured Blazers and not just 1 player injured, but significant rotation players. I agree with Robz.

Collins21
01-02-2020, 01:56 PM
A lot of y'all are missing the point I'm not talking about the whole roster. I'm comparing the two "stars" on each team. Ba d supporting cast should be null because let's be honest no one here thinks that Bryn Forbes or Marco Belineli are better than the replacement players the Blazers are playing with. Y'all keep giving dame and CJ the injury excuse well DeMar and LA should get the same excuse for poor coaching. This team has lost at least 8 games due to poor coaching. Damien Lillard losing has nothing to do with injuries the problem is he's a chucker who comes down court and shoot 35 footers instead of finding the open man or making the correct basketball play.

dbestpro
01-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Forbes > Lillliard......................................... ...........Says Pop.

Yogatti
01-02-2020, 02:46 PM
Dame and CJ went to the WCF.

What has DeRozan and LMA done together as a duo? Perennial first round exits

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-02-2020, 02:58 PM
It should be LMA>>>>>>>Dame>>>>>>>>DeRozan>CJ.

Collins21
01-02-2020, 03:00 PM

This is what I really meant tbh

JeffDuncan
01-02-2020, 03:01 PM
It's true that Lillard and CJ get the hype, but that's because Curry and Klay got the media rolling on "dynamic duos" at the guard positions. That became a regular topic among the sports talking heads.

Lillard and CJ score well. But their combined 50 pts only puts the team halfway toward a win, in even a low scoring game. Still gotta have 5 on a team, contributing, and more, with the bench. Two of James Harden would not win many games by themselves.

phxspurfan
01-02-2020, 03:09 PM
I always said if we had traded Kawhi at the first sign of his bullshit, we probably could have gotten Dame and CJ for him. Dame, CJ, LMA, Murray, White, Gay. Pretty decent playoff team (not the best, but decent). But PATFO tried to work with Kawhi, and that proved to be the wrong thing to do as he tanked his trade value.

spurraider21
01-02-2020, 03:10 PM
dame is also 4-5 years younger than aldridge... mccollum only a couple younger than derozan.

phxspurfan
01-02-2020, 03:11 PM
It's true that Lillard and CJ get the hype, but that's because Curry and Klay got the media rolling on "dynamic duos" at the guard positions. That became a regular topic among the sports talking heads.

Lillard and CJ score well. But their combined 50 pts only puts the team halfway toward a win, in even a low scoring game. Still gotta have 5 on a team, contributing, and more, with the bench. Two of James Harden would not win many games by themselves.

Dame and CJ would be great on a team with a defensive coach (Rivers) and a bunch of elite role players (Clippers last year). They provide the scoring mid-game (CJ) and in the clutch (Dame), where the hustle and defense guys hold the other team under their average. But scoring alone never works out in the end (see Rockettes)

RC_Drunkford
01-02-2020, 03:30 PM
One thing about LaMarcus, he can carry a team throughout the regular season. Not even AD has proven to be able to do that. LA is one of the most underrated star players to be honest.

Collins21
01-02-2020, 03:54 PM
One thing about LaMarcus, he can carry a team throughout the regular season. Not even AD has proven to be able to do that. LA is one of the most underrated star players to be honest.

You're one of the few posters who has an accurate assessment of LA. Most people on here claim he's a bum who will have your team in the lottery as the best player. However history says otherwise considering he has only missed the playoffs twice in his 14 year career.

alpha_HaZE
01-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Yes, except for the good coaching part

Don't listen to all the noise, I remember Bill Simmons and Lowe, at the beginning of the season looking back at last year, were in awe on how we made the playoffs and took Denver to a game 7 with that team.

Like I said, DeMar and LaMarcus are not top8 in the west as a duo, and the rest of our team is old vets past their prime like Patty and Rudy or young unproven players like Jakob, Bryn, and Derrick.

Change the coaching staff and we are like MIN or Pels

TD 21
01-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Dame and CJ went to the WCF.

What has DeRozan and LMA done together as a duo? Perennial first round exits

Probably trolling, but even so, this is the worst kind of comment: spouting results without context.

Perennial isn't possible when they've played one playoff together.

Lillard and McCollum only went to the WCF because of the side of the bracket they lucked into on the final day of the regular season. Sure, the Spurs did too, but they had a better fitting roster and more continuity. Also, of the 3 series the 2 teams played, 2 were true coin flips.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Would you replace DeRozan with Lillard? Cause i'd do it every time wtf :lol
Lillard/White/Walker/Aldridge/jakob(lyles?)
Is a better line up and a top 5 seed at the least

Prime BEEF
01-02-2020, 07:00 PM
Don't listen to all the noise, I remember Bill Simmons and Lowe, at the beginning of the season looking back at last year, were in awe on how we made the playoffs and took Denver to a game 7 with that team.

Like I said, DeMar and LaMarcus are not top8 in the west as a duo, and the rest of our team is old vets past their prime like Patty and Rudy or young unproven players like Jakob, Bryn, and Derrick.

So the rotations that pop has been throwing out there have been great? Yes, the roster is garbage but doesn’t pop have some ownership in the roster acquisitions?

XDT76
01-02-2020, 07:08 PM
You're one of the few posters who has an accurate assessment of LA. Most people on here claim he's a bum who will have your team in the lottery as the best player. However history says otherwise considering he has only missed the playoffs twice in his 14 year career.

The biggest weakness of LMA is his mentality, he could lose focus and become disinterested in some games and that is the main difference that seperate him from a good player from a great player.

XDT76
01-02-2020, 07:12 PM

The biggest weakness of LMA is his mentality, he could lose focus and become disinterested in some games and that is the main difference that seperate him as a good player from a great player.

RC_Drunkford
01-02-2020, 07:45 PM

He's a great player, he's just not Duncan. That's why Spurs fans are so disappointed in him and I think that's an unfair comparison since Duncan is one of the 5 best players ever. Hard to fill those shoes, but I can't see anybody doing a better job than LA. He also belongs in the conversation of best big of the decade since his entire prime was basically from 2010 to 2020, yet most people got AD in the line up who made the playoffs once. LaMarcus on the Blazers was top 5 in MVP voting, people forget that

Collins21
01-02-2020, 08:22 PM
He's a great player, he's just not Duncan. That's why Spurs fans are so disappointed in him and I think that's an unfair comparison since Duncan is one of the 5 best players ever. Hard to fill those shoes, but I can't see anybody doing a better job than LA. He also belongs in the conversation of best big of the decade since his entire prime was basically from 2010 to 2020, yet most people got AD in the line up who made the playoffs once. LaMarcus on the Blazers was top 5 in MVP voting, people forget that

I think people unfairly judge him for that 2017 WCF. The dude was being triple teamed and he folded but a lot people act like he was really suppose to have.a chance at defeating the Warriors without Kawhi.

Gibbz
01-02-2020, 09:42 PM

This is a good take.

Sugus
01-02-2020, 09:49 PM

No we aren't, tbh. Spurs also have much better drafting and development departments, and consistently make great value out of low draft picks, where perennial bottom feeders/bad teams like Min or Pels repeatedly either pick busts/bad prospects or fail to bring out the talent of their good picks.

spurraider21
01-02-2020, 09:51 PM
i agree with a lot of this. but his pouting can get bad too, and we've seen games where he's lazy on defense because he isnt getting muh touches on offense. that kind of shit is unbearable

alpha_HaZE
01-02-2020, 11:20 PM
No we aren't, tbh. Spurs also have much better drafting and development departments, and consistently make great value out of low draft picks, where perennial bottom feeders/bad teams like Min or Pels repeatedly either pick busts/bad prospects or fail to bring out the talent of their good picks.

Development is coaching, not sure what your point is?

alpha_HaZE
01-02-2020, 11:22 PM
So the rotations that pop has been throwing out there have been great? Yes, the roster is garbage but doesn’t pop have some ownership in the roster acquisitions?

Rotations are above my understanding as a fan. If the roster is garbage and we make the playoffs year after year, then I trust that Pop knows what he is doing.

ZeusWillJudge
01-02-2020, 11:37 PM
Rotations are above my understanding as a fan. If the roster is garbage and we make the playoffs year after year, then I trust that Pop knows what he is doing.

Mister Holt, you know the doctor said you shouldn't get all worked up. Now come back to the room. It's almost time for Wheel of Fortune.

duncan2k5
01-03-2020, 12:07 AM
Ppl 9n here defending LMA? The dude is trash... Carmelo Anthony also made playoffs most of his career... U want him on our team too? LMA is a pouty selfish player that can't carry any team in the playoffs as the first or second option

RC_Drunkford
01-03-2020, 12:08 AM

Pop clearly doesn't know what he's doing and has even said so in interviews. You should absolutely not trust him

Sugus
01-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Development is coaching, not sure what your point is?

Of course not. Or at least, not completely - the Spurs, in addition to their actual coaching department in their HC, Pop, and assistants, have a lot of other personnel that goes one-on-one with players and helps them with specific training. I mean, I guess you could lump them all under the "coaching" umbrella but it's a significant distinction, imo. For example, Timmy is in the coaching department as an Assistant Coach, but also shows up to practice to help big men with their moves. Chip Engelland helps develop players' shots; there's a young trainer who's aided Lonnie in his moves that was shown on a lot of videos this summer whose name I don't know, and the list goes on behind the scenes. You can coach players on and off the court in how you want them to play the game, but the polishing of their mechanical and physical abilities is not up to Pop per se.

In the same vein, RC, who's handled the drafting process, I wouldn't call him part of the "coaching" department. And even though Nono has a hill to die on here, I think he's got a very good eye for talent, which time and time again has helped the Spurs make the most out of low draft picks and stay afloat. Just in the last drafts, we've grabbed three starting caliber players (ok, DJ needs some more work but he'll get there) off two 29th picks and an 18th pick who looks like a star in the making. How many other franchises can say that? And *that* is what separates the Spurs from bottom feeders, and hopefully will continue to do so even after Pop is no longer HC.

Sugus
01-03-2020, 09:14 AM
Pop clearly doesn't know what he's doing and has even said so in interviews. You should absolutely not trust him

I literally could not believe he wasn't joking when he said he doesn't know what a plus/minus is. He's got to be literally the only coach in the league with such little understanding of stats, which sadly and obviously played a huge role in us going for DeMar. Any other team could've looked at the solid statistical evidence against him... But not Pop.

alpha_HaZE
01-03-2020, 05:56 PM

f off, we all know you are a shill account.

alpha_HaZE
01-03-2020, 05:56 PM
Mister Holt, you know the doctor said you shouldn't get all worked up. Now come back to the room. It's almost time for Wheel of Fortune.

Another shill, have a wonderful day whoever you are.

RC_Drunkford
01-03-2020, 06:52 PM
I literally could not believe he wasn't joking when he said he doesn't know what a plus/minus is. He's got to be literally the only coach in the league with such little understanding of stats, which sadly and obviously played a huge role in us going for DeMar. Any other team could've looked at the solid statistical evidence against him... But not Pop.

he also said he doesn't know what his best defensive line up is. That is a lot more worrisome

f off, we all know you are a shill account.

I'm actually not, I just agree with a lot of the non-sniffers. But whatever

Prime BEEF
01-03-2020, 08:51 PM
This thread is getting weird

KobesAchilles
01-03-2020, 09:18 PM
Wtf is a shill account?

I rather have Dame over anybody on the Spurs but CJ is overrated trash.

Also :lol at anyone defending Pop this year. It’s his last year coaching so I’m not too upset by his constant fuck ups (starting Forbes or really playing him at all tbh, playing Marco over Lonnie to start the season, as well as White and DJ not getting any run together). But real talk the old man is costing us the playoffs this year.