PDA

View Full Version : WTF POP?

offset formation
01-02-2020, 10:58 PM
I am, and remain, a huge Pop fan, but his insistence to play Forbes tonight is DIRECTLY responsible for this loss.

He has made some really questionable calls this year in his rotations, and this was the worst, by far. It was posession after posession of un-fucking-acceptable defense. Took a double digit lead and squandered it over 7 or 8 minutes.

Only thing I can come up with is he's letting Bryn play himself out of the rotation so he can either bench or trade him.

NASpurs
01-02-2020, 11:00 PM
"tonight"

:lol Try the past few years.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-02-2020, 11:02 PM
"tonight"

:lol Try the past few years.

:lol We've been saying it since 2010 tbh

Dennis the Menace
01-02-2020, 11:03 PM
I am, and remain, a huge Pop fan, but his insistence to play Forbes tonight is DIRECTLY responsible for this loss.

He has made some really questionable calls this year in his rotations, and this was the worst, by far. It was posession after posession of un-fucking-acceptable defense. Took a double digit lead and squandered it over 7 or 8 minutes.

Only thing I can come up with is he's letting Bryn play himself out of the rotation so he can either bench or trade him.

You are part of the problem and contribute to the clown show we are living in.

offset formation
01-02-2020, 11:05 PM
You are part of the problem and contribute to the clown show we are living in.

Lol. No, I am a fan. But I am plenty critical when it is warranted.

Btw, you can go fuck yourself rookie. Don't come in here acting like you can throw shade my way. You know shit. You'll always know shit. And you'll always fail to be shit on this board. Capische?

Dennis the Menace
01-02-2020, 11:06 PM

Btw, you can go fuck yourself rookie. Don't come in here acting like you can throw shade my way. You know shit. You'll always know shit. And you'll always fail to be shit on this board. Capische?

Capische.

Mugen
01-02-2020, 11:07 PM

crofl

NASpurs
01-02-2020, 11:10 PM
crofl

:lol

Bruh, some of the dudes on here have had their bubble burst recently. Pretty sad it took this long.

offset formation
01-02-2020, 11:10 PM
crofl

Difference is this year, those decisions are going to keep his team out of the playoffs. It's just so much more evident this year than in previous years probably because the Holy Trinity covered up a lot of it.

As far as I see it, we should be at least 3 wins better than we are this year, thanks to Pop.

UZER
01-02-2020, 11:15 PM

Oh, NOW you see it.

Welcome to the present, finally. But when everyone else has been complaining about Pop and his rotations for quite awhile now, you’ve been on your high horse talking down and chastising fans.

Mugen
01-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Difference is this year, those decisions are going to keep his team out of the playoffs. It's just so much more evident this year than in previous years probably because the Holy Trinity covered up a lot of it.

As far as I see it, we should be at least 3 wins better than we are this year, thanks to Pop.

:lol My dude, Pop has cost the Spurs at least 2 series victories since 2014 with his garbage rotations.

3 wins? They'd easily be a playoff team this season with literally any other coach in the league besides the old man. No lucid coach would actively:
-Refuse to play Dejounte/Derrick together
-Give more than 5-10 mins a game to a homeless Troy Daniels like Bryn Forbes, Pop starts him
-Bench Lonnie for most of the season

Just 1 of the above is fucking insane, Pop actually has done all 3 this season :lmao

Prime BEEF
01-02-2020, 11:16 PM
Go easy on the guy fellas. There’s going to be a lot of broken hearts this season.

offset formation
01-02-2020, 11:19 PM
Oh, NOW you see it.

Welcome to the present, finally. But when everyone else has been complaining about Pop and his rotations for quite awhile now, you’ve been on your high horse talking down and chastising fans.

I've never minded the critical posts when theyve been factual and not emotional. Never.

Mugen
01-02-2020, 11:20 PM
Sniffers being 5 years late to the party :lol

slick'81
01-02-2020, 11:20 PM
Go easy on the guy fellas. There’s going to be a lot of broken hearts this season.

people still think this team can get a 5/6 seed and were back in buisness in tonights first quarter:lol

offset formation
01-02-2020, 11:24 PM
people still think this team can get a 5/6 seed and were back in buisness in tonights first quarter:lol

Oh they **can** if Pop starts playing the people that need to be played.

Forbes should only see the floor in certain situations where a few offensive sets need a 3 ball, the rest of the year.

Lonnie needs 30+ min

White and Murray need to play together.

Etc.

dbestpro
01-02-2020, 11:25 PM
Pop has OBS. Organic Brain Syndrome which basically means old failing brain.

UZER
01-02-2020, 11:27 PM
Sniffers being 5 years late to the party :lol

They’re so much smarter than you. You’re just too dumb to realize that Pop only started hurting the team with his rotations THIS year, the just last couple of weeks actually. :lol Everything before that was you just being a dumb basketball fan.

JeffDuncan
01-02-2020, 11:28 PM
Pop has OBS. Organic Brain Syndrome which basically means old failing brain.

What's the term for the "young failing brain" that Forbes has?

weeks
01-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Still paying pau

RC_Drunkford
01-02-2020, 11:43 PM
:lol My dude, Pop has cost the Spurs at least 2 series victories since 2014 with his garbage rotations.

3 wins? They'd easily be a playoff team this season with literally any other coach in the league besides the old man. No lucid coach would actively:
-Refuse to play Dejounte/Derrick together
-Give more than 5-10 mins a game to a homeless Troy Daniels like Bryn Forbes, Pop starts him
-Bench Lonnie for most of the season

Just 1 of the above is fucking insane, Pop actually has done all 3 this season :lmao

2015 Clippers series - in love with injured Tony
2016 OKC series - all games cause West/Diaw combo
2019 Nuggets series - game 2 all bench line up

spurs10
01-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Only thing I can come up with is he's letting Bryn play himself out of the rotation so he can either bench or trade him. You got me. It doesn't take a genius to see that Forbes is a surefire losing option out there. Walker was looking great though.....at least Pop recognised that in the presser.

duncan2k5
01-02-2020, 11:50 PM
2019 Nuggets series - game 2 all bench line up

Smart guy...been saying this for years... especially that OKC series...we were getting KILLED on the boards and that's what cost us

DavidTheGoliath
01-03-2020, 12:01 AM
You think the more talented walker will be having more minutes. But the genius instead plays bryn.
Others zigging but the spurs will be zaggiing mothaphuckas!

MultiTroll
01-03-2020, 12:08 AM
https://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/dtfb.jpg
Bryn Forbes wouldn't start on any other NBA team. But he has Pop so it's okay.

r0drig0lac
01-03-2020, 07:23 AM

Bruh, some of the dudes on here have had their bubble burst recently. Pretty sad it took this long.

:lmao

r0drig0lac
01-03-2020, 07:28 AM
https://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/dtfb.jpg

he also won't have minutes on any other team he's literally the worst defender I've ever seen in a spurs uniform, scrub brandon paul is a better basketball player than this joke

Biggems
01-03-2020, 07:38 AM

WTF? So, now you are defending your sports forum cred vs a bunch of strangers? You just trolled your own damn self. TY for the laugh this morning, I needed it.

dbestpro
01-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Everyone gets to a point in life where they cannot perform anymore, even coaches. Pop is mentally done and all he knows to do is to keep trying to do the same thing. It is sad to watch him make such a fool of himself, but he is getting a free pass from most the media for past accolades. The best that can be done is to turn away and wait until he retires. I had hope that he would wake up but when the brain begins to fail due to age their is no returning to normal. Coaching requires quick thinking, quick decisions. All Pop can do is reflect but even then he seems unable to see the obvious. Maybe he should see a neurologist.

offset formation
01-03-2020, 10:15 AM
WTF? So, now you are defending your sports forum cred vs a bunch of strangers? You just trolled your own damn self. TY for the laugh this morning, I needed it.

It was kinda tongue in cheek and to his credit, he got it. I just spent the few posts above basically acknowledging my perceptions had been off.

SAGirl
01-03-2020, 10:15 AM

And they went all mob on other fans who criticized this b4. But now that they have had enough finally they think they are cool. Lol

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-03-2020, 10:34 AM
2019 Nuggets series - game 2 all bench line upWhy are you talking to yourself?

Mugen
01-03-2020, 10:42 AM
Why are you talking to yourself?

Weren't you that stupid fuck that said Lonnie couldn't play in the league? :lmao

Genovaswitness
01-03-2020, 11:09 AM
damn OP, welcome to reality. you’re having poop withdrawals.

shit like last night is why kawhi pulled an alpha ass move and got in charge of his own destiny :lmao

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Only a dumb fuck makes 2 different accounts so he can agree with himself.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-03-2020, 11:54 AM

He wouldn't make most team's rosters.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Only a dumb fuck makes 2 different accounts so he can agree with himself.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/kevin-durant-2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

So true....

RC_Drunkford
01-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Why are you talking to yourself?

I'm not talking to myself. You must think this is a burner account or something

dbestpro
01-03-2020, 12:16 PM
I keep hearing that nursery song in my head with a few word changes. "Pop has become the Weasel".

Prime BEEF
01-03-2020, 12:38 PM
I keep hearing that nursery song in my head with a few word changes. "Pop has become the Weasel".
Put that to the 3rd bass song. Much better.

K...
01-03-2020, 12:54 PM
Given how bad 2016-2017 was for pop I can see him take a real extreme long and non adversarial view with the team. He wants the best for Forbes and that includes getting him a long term contact. Pop is not gm so who knows, but pop will probably do everything he can do.

RC_Drunkford
02-08-2020, 06:30 PM

how many times has this happened again and again?