PDA

View Full Version : Wombat

FkLA
01-07-2020, 01:13 PM
WTF got into him? Is he just in better shape? I remember someone posting a pic of him during the AUS-USA games leading up to the WC and he looked ripped. Credit where credit is due, he's having a hell of a season. First year since like 2015 that I dont dread seeing him run up to the scorer's table. Massive upgrade over Forms, tbh.

ZeusWillJudge
01-07-2020, 01:25 PM
That's pretty much where I am. He's picked it up since the beginning of the season. He's still not good on defense by any means, but he's putting in more effort, and he's def better than Forbes. You're right - give credit where it's due. It's a lot more than one game. He's been consistently better for a while. It's a lot easier to hate him but he's needed on this squad.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-07-2020, 01:33 PM
He is still hit or miss though. He's had a lot of bad games this year as well

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2020, 01:36 PM
He's been great and his presence would be even easier to stomach if they didn't have both Forbes and Belinelli(until recently) in the rotation with him. There's no issue with having 1 player of that nature in your rotation, most teams do. Having 3 of them is just dumb,though.

offset formation
01-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Best scoring and most efficient season in his career. He's been great thus far.

Also, his unwavering positivity might just hold this team together until they get it figured out. Lots of teams start the finger pointing and by all accounts, they're focused on getting better. I credit him with much of that.

NASpurs
01-07-2020, 01:48 PM
He's been great and his presence would be even easier to stomach if they didn't have both Forbes and Belinelli(until recently) in the rotation with him. There's no issue with having 1 player of that nature in your rotation, most teams do. Having 3 of them is just dumb,though.

Yeah that’s where I’m at. I have no problems with Patty. I have problems having 2 other worse Pattys being in the rotation.

Dex
01-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Worth every penny of that contract right now, tbh.

There are lots of guys on this team who are underperforming, but Mills isn't one of them.

Seventyniner
01-07-2020, 02:06 PM

This.

spurraider21
01-07-2020, 02:21 PM
nail on the head tbh

Kobe'sAchilles
01-07-2020, 03:04 PM
We are so close to having a decent team tbh. Patty has had an incredible year and has improved so much from last year. I'm kinda glad though that Pop is tanking by his coaching though bc we don't have a starting SF and the only way to get one of those is to draft one. Secondary thing is that DeRozan will probably opt out as well so there's another win.

jermaine
01-07-2020, 03:21 PM
He got married an is happy. That's all!!!! Good poohcey will change a man.

phxspurfan
01-07-2020, 03:28 PM
In his role as the Microwave, he's great. Showed it on the Oz team as well. Especially when he is in shape and fully healthy. But he's a role player who needs stars around him to really shine. The problem was when the team paid him money that gave the expectation of a starting PG.

TimDunkem
01-07-2020, 03:29 PM
He's solid at the moment, but I expect him to shit the bed when they need him the most. Still way better than Firmes and Belli though.

ZeusWillJudge
01-07-2020, 03:52 PM

Have somebody carve that into the rock, and then pound it up Pop's ass.

RC_Drunkford
01-07-2020, 05:32 PM
FIBA Patty is a different animal tbh. This is the best version of Mills that I've seen since 2014. He's way more consistent with his shooting. I guess the world cup got him in some kind of rhythm early and has benefited his game during the season. His hustle plays on defense help offset the points that he gives up as well. Patty always draws a charge or gets a steal. Definitely worth the contract right now

cool cat
01-07-2020, 05:46 PM
He is a very good backup PG and maybe on the right team he could be a starter, he is just overpaid here.

timtonymanu
01-07-2020, 06:28 PM
Remember det time the forum was ready to trade Mills because Forms looked better to start the year. I was definitely one of those peeps so he’s definitely proven me wrong.

Really wish White and Murray were more consistent so that Pop isn’t using Mills to close out games guarding the other guard superstars

FkLA
01-07-2020, 08:39 PM
Remember det time the forum was ready to trade Mills because Forms looked better to start the year. I was definitely one of those peeps so he’s definitely proven me wrong.

Really wish White and Murray were more consistent so that Pop isn’t using Mills to close out games guarding the other guard superstars

Guilty as charged. I was making stupid comments like "Forms is the player Pop wishes his pet Wombat was". Little did I kow. :lol

gilmor
01-07-2020, 08:47 PM
U guys shd credit Pop, Manu and Parker for retaining him..

JuneJive
01-07-2020, 09:06 PM
Gone are the good old days when Mills was the problem.

The bar is low nowadays.

XDT76
01-07-2020, 09:17 PM
Probably with more playmakers, he just had to go back to be a gunner than trying to playmake which sets him in his comfort zone. Just like last game when Murray was out and he needs to run the 2nd team, his performance level drops.

TDMVPDPOY
01-07-2020, 09:23 PM
this clowns culture...now forbes know what to do, to stay on the team, let alone stealing minutes from younger players.....wave that towel cunt

Joseph Kony
01-07-2020, 09:28 PM
He's been a beast this year, cant hate on Wombat at all. if only Pop would bench his other pet ala Marco we'd be in good shape

spurraider21
01-07-2020, 09:30 PM
forbes is also getting paid a quarter of what mills is getting. its relative

tim_duncan_fan
01-07-2020, 09:30 PM
He is definitely in better physical shape.

We weren't calling him Fatty Mills for no reason, but he looks to have cut out some of the excess.

sananspursfan21
01-07-2020, 09:57 PM
This season would be even more miserable (sans the occasional surprise big win) without Millstone tearing it up. Well done, mate.

offset formation
01-07-2020, 10:18 PM
FIBA Patty is a different animal tbh. This is the best version of Mills that I've seen since 2014. He's way more consistent with his shooting. I guess the world cup got him in some kind of rhythm early and has benefited his game during the season. His hustle plays on defense help offset the points that he gives up as well. Patty always draws a charge or gets a steal. Definitely worth the contract right now

His shooting suffers greatly when he has to play PG. And to his credit, it's not like he asked to be our PG off the bench last year, but Murray's injury forced Pop's hand.

He is and always will be a more efficient spot up shooter first. Then his next most effective is coming off LaMarcus' handoff ball screens. Then his least effective is dribbling into it or dribbling coming around a ball screen.

This year, his shots have largely been of the first and second type.

sasaint
01-08-2020, 12:03 AM
I said it in another thread, the Spurs have a very good 5-man backcourt rotation - Dumbmar, Dijon, Derrick, Lonnie and Patty. They need to get a starting-caliber SF so that Dumbmar can go back to his natural position at SG. With a legit SF, Dumbmar, Lonnie and even Marco could play enough spot minutes at SF to make this team decent - and a lot easier to watch with Forbes nailed to the bench (or traded).

RC_Drunkford
01-08-2020, 06:08 AM
His shooting suffers greatly when he has to play PG. And to his credit, it's not like he asked to be our PG off the bench last year, but Murray's injury forced Pop's hand.

He is and always will be a more efficient spot up shooter first. Then his next most effective is coming off LaMarcus' handoff ball screens. Then his least effective is dribbling into it or dribbling coming around a ball screen.

This year, his shots have largely been of the first and second type.

I thought the same, but when I researched his shooting percentages on catch-and-shoots and off the dribble pull-ups the percentages were almost identical last season. Shit surprised me

ZeusWillJudge
01-08-2020, 11:30 AM
I thought the same, but when I researched his shooting percentages on catch-and-shoots and off the dribble pull-ups the percentages were almost identical last season. Shit surprised me

He's always had a habit of getting in trouble and dumping the ball off to someone else who's forced to throw up a bad shot, or get the TO. I compiled a bunch of video clips on it a couple of years ago. I don't know about his FG%, but his value/effectiveness def suffers when he's forced to play PG. Maybe it's different this year. I got so conditioned to hating him that I may not be objective.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2020, 11:56 AM
I prefer to see him out there instead of Forbes. Unfortunately you'll too often see both midgets out there together.