PDA

View Full Version : Official Bryn Forbes Apology Thread

Kobe'sAchilles
01-07-2020, 03:53 PM
With last night's performance of great defense and 3 point spacing, I think a lot of people owe Bryn Forbes an apology. You know who ya'll are. Put some respect on the man's name instead of that Brent Formes bull.

Pop has raved about Forbes all year. RC has constantly praised Forbes. He is a locker room leader and a great teammate. TIMVP himself rated Forbes as a B and for a player making 3 million dollars, that's more than outplaying his contract. Next year I expect his contract to reflect his starting guard ability with somewhere in the 3 year 36 million dollar category.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-07-2020, 04:03 PM
bran forks

Mugen
01-07-2020, 04:04 PM
I hope he blows out both of his achilles tbh.

TimDunkem
01-07-2020, 04:13 PM
For what? Birnt Firmes fucking sucks.

jermaine
01-07-2020, 04:22 PM
I seriously have nuttin against Forbes. I just want him traded.

ZeusWillJudge
01-07-2020, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry Brynn. Really. I'm sorry the Spurs ever drafted your ass. I'm sorry Pop has put you in to close games over and over. I'm sorry you never learned to play defense. Sorry that you're a rabbit in the headlights when you're handling the ball.

There... I feel better already.

SpurPadre
01-07-2020, 06:32 PM
Bryn Scrubs, tbh.

sananspursfan21
01-07-2020, 07:41 PM
In regards to his defense: the sun shines on a dog’s ass sometimes

sananspursfan21
01-07-2020, 07:42 PM
Unlike most of you guys, I like having him on the team. I just want him getting 15-20 minutes from the bench instead

itzsoweezee
01-07-2020, 07:46 PM
Unlike most of you guys, I like having him on the team. I just want him getting 15-20 minutes from the bench instead

In a vacuum, I wouldn't mind him in the team, but Patty, Marco, and Bryn are redundant. That means, Bryn should get to play only when either Lonnie or Patty is unavailable. And Bryn should never be on the court when Patty is.

sananspursfan21
01-07-2020, 07:48 PM
In a vacuum, I wouldn't mind him in the team, but Patty, Marco, and Bryn are redundant. That means, Bryn should get to play only when either Lonnie or Patty is unavailable. And Bryn should never be on the court when Patty is.

They are kinda all the same player :lol

KobesAchilles
01-07-2020, 08:55 PM
I agree 100% with what you said. There’s no question that he should be starting over Lonnie. He spaces the floor and unlike Lonnie he knows where to be defensively. But Marco shouldn’t be taking Lonnies minutes. Lonnie getting about 15 minutes per game is probably for the best tbh

spurs10
01-07-2020, 09:11 PM
Unlike most of you guys, I like having him on the team. I just want him getting 15-20 minutes from the bench instead You know who would agree with you is him. He doesn't relish fighting the Greek Freak under the basket I'm sure, but he did... though not as successful as DDR who had my favourite moment last night. Forbes will never be a defensive juggernaut.

John B
01-07-2020, 09:22 PM
He’s alright as instant scorer, just not a starter then he’d be exposed

sananspursfan21
01-07-2020, 09:52 PM
You know who would agree with you is him. He doesn't relish fighting the Greek Freak under the basket I'm sure, but he did... though not as successful as DDR who had my favourite moment last night. Forbes will never be a defensive juggernaut.

He knows his shortcomings, probably better than we do. That’s insightful. Any one of us could be him if we had an insanely accurate shot and a couple notches of added athleticism (yes, all jokes aside, he’s still significantly more athletic than most if not all posters here). And if I were in his shoes with the same talent, I’d hate guarding most of the stars too. Kudos to him for at least going at it and giving it his all. Unfortunately on the defensive end, his all just isn’t enough.

Spurtacular
01-07-2020, 09:57 PM
With last night's performance of great defense and 3 point spacing, I think a lot of people owe Bryn Forbes an apology. You know who ya'll are. Put some respect on the man's name instead of that Brent Formes bull.

Trade him or waive him. Let someone else pay their respects.

paperboy77
01-07-2020, 10:00 PM
You're gonna make me use these abbreviations these days: GTFO with that $hit!!! Forbes is a spot-guy. Every now and then he's gonna get his nut and that's ok... need that sometimes. Kiss my ass with apologies.

dbestpro
01-07-2020, 10:02 PM

How about 5-10?

paperboy77
01-07-2020, 10:08 PM
How about 5-10?

Absolute tops!

sananspursfan21
01-07-2020, 10:09 PM
How about 5-10?

Best I can do is 12.

Spurtacular
01-08-2020, 03:57 AM
You guys make a point in a roundabout way. ST never really hated Bryn even with his obvious flaws.

Gregg playing this guy starter minutes to the detriment of a rising star like IV is what is setting people off.

The problem is Gregg. The symptom is Forbes.

Spurtacular
01-08-2020, 04:02 AM
Any one of us could be him if we had an insanely accurate shot and a couple notches of added athleticism (yes, all jokes aside, he’s still significantly more athletic than most if not all posters here).

This makes me think about how the NBA has opened itself up for undersized shooters. I can't honestly say Forbes is a better player than I was in my prime. Maybe, he's better; but it's close enough that I wouldn't willingly concede it.

sananspursfan21
01-08-2020, 08:41 AM
This makes me think about how the NBA has opened itself up for undersized shooters. I can't honestly say Forbes is a better player than I was in my prime. Maybe, he's better; but it's close enough that I wouldn't willingly concede it.

It’s hard to watch, but fun in a sense because I can kinda imagine myself as Forbes. I’m actually a pretty similar stature to him. 6’3, thin but with some bulk, I think I’ve got him beat in arm and leg length fwiw. I wanna say I would have been more athletic than he is before my ACL tear at 16, but it’s never been surgically repaired so even now I can’t risk complete lateral movement and leaping ability I know I’m capable of. So Forbes is head and shoulders above me athletically and probably always was, just living in the past here :lol

But again, with all jokes aside, I couldn’t touch his shot. I was never a shooter until now in pick up games. I was the guy who overly relied on speed, hang time, and length to get my points, I guess like a way smaller scale Antetokounmpo. Where’d you play ball?

John B
01-08-2020, 09:20 AM
He knows his shortcomings, probably better than we do. That’s insightful. Any one of us could be him if we had an insanely accurate shot and a couple notches of added athleticism (yes, all jokes aside, he’s still significantly more athletic than most if not all posters here). And if I were in his shoes with the same talent, I’d hate guarding most of the stars too. Kudos to him for at least going at it and giving it his all. Unfortunately on the defensive end, his all just isn’t enough.
Have you seen him take a charge like Patty does? I don’t think so. The game in Milwaukee, I don’t remember which player, but instead of Bryn taking the charge, he quickly turned around and covered the back of his head. Normally Patty would take the charge in the same play. I applaud Bryn for what he has accomplished. Kudos to him. But he’s not a starter and should only be instant scorer from the bench. Him starting is taking away minutes from Lonnie, and depriving the team much needed defense and physicality.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2020, 11:55 AM
The troll is strong with this one.

TimDunkem
01-08-2020, 01:26 PM
How about 5-10?

He'll score 5 points and give up 10 in that time.

Forbes is a detriment at any amount of PT unless he's the 13 man coming in during garbage time.

r0drig0lac
01-08-2020, 01:39 PM
How about 5-10?

and about 3 min?

ZeusWillJudge
01-08-2020, 02:14 PM
and about 3 min?

With Patty getting more minutes, the team really needs someone to pick up the towel-waving duties. I think he'd be more effective doing that in a suit.

r0drig0lac
01-08-2020, 02:23 PM
With Patty getting more minutes, the team really needs someone to pick up the towel-waving duties. I think he'd be more effective doing that in a suit.

bingo

RC_Drunkford
01-08-2020, 03:01 PM
just look where Forbes is at

https://i.redd.it/xiu8glsdme941.jpg

phxspurfan
01-08-2020, 03:08 PM
decent player. Needs a trendy hairdo like Mills/Carroll to be better, tbh

NASpurs
01-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Yeah I agree, Bryn Forbes owes me an apology for having to watch him play.

JeffDuncan
01-08-2020, 04:30 PM
Yeah I agree, Bryn Forbes owes me an apology for having to watch him play.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Bryn Forbes' official apology, that this thread promised, but I haven't seen it yet.

JeffDuncan
01-08-2020, 04:32 PM

Nice to see Murray join LMA in the upper right.

tholdren
01-08-2020, 07:18 PM
Nice to see Murray join LMA in the upper right.

Lol lionel walker and rudy gay. But the graph is stupid

JeffDuncan
01-08-2020, 08:11 PM
I'm stupid

I noticed that some time ago.

tholdren
01-08-2020, 08:23 PM
I noticed that some time ago.

Jeff so sensitive

boutons_deux
01-08-2020, 08:33 PM

boutons_deux
01-08-2020, 08:42 PM

Snaq O'Meal
01-08-2020, 09:29 PM
bran forks

Brain Fucks

tholdren
01-08-2020, 10:23 PM

You dont know how this graph was created. Lol

KobesAchilles
01-08-2020, 10:50 PM
Eat shit faggots :lol

John B
01-09-2020, 12:55 AM
The Celtic commentator was praising the Spurs for making a very good player of Forbes :lol

duncan2k5
01-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Bryn shouldn't be in the NBA... this isn't charity

emanueldavidginobili
01-10-2020, 12:15 PM

This video is pure comedy! Especially the last two plays of the video. Granted they missed a ton of shots but none of those players are phased by Bryn’s presence, they just missed the shots.

FkLA
01-10-2020, 01:00 PM

This video is pure comedy! Especially the last two plays of the video. Granted they missed a ton of shots but none of those players are phased by Bryn’s presence, they just missed the shots.

He's absolutely hopeless out there. Looks like an average joe trying to guard elite athletes. One screen takes him completely out of the play. Can't stay in front of anyone. Has the whole "put your hand up so it looks like you're contesting" thing down to a tee even though he's a midget with t-rex arms.

Sugus
01-10-2020, 01:46 PM
He's absolutely hopeless out there. Looks like an average joe trying to guard elite athletes. One screen takes him completely out of the play. Can't stay in front of anyone. Has the whole "put your hand up so it looks like you're contesting" thing down to a tee even though he's a midget with t-rex arms.

I mean, if my job security depended on acting like I could defend for shit, I would also have my acting chops down to a T :lol

John B
01-10-2020, 01:53 PM
If he's able to hit the 3's, then it would be mathematically okay. You figure he hits the 3's, and gives away 2's.

TimDunkem
01-10-2020, 03:17 PM
If he's able to hit the 3's, then it would be mathematically okay. You figure he hits the 3's, and gives away 2's.

How? Do guys matched up with Forbes stop shooting 3s now just 'cuz?

FkLA
01-10-2020, 03:59 PM

Not to mention all the threes the team gives up after Forms' man goes right past him and kicks it out. Just because it's not his man hitting them doesn't mean he isn't directly responsible for it. We saw that happen a couple of times in that clip.

Kobe'sAchilles
01-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Bledsoe and Brown having shit nights all while Forbes is dropping dimes and 3s all game long :lmao

Averaging more points than Dejounte at a 5th of the price :wow

We paying 16 million dollars a year for scrubs (DJ) who can't shoot the ball but people on here complaining about a good defender who can actually shoot the ball and spaces the floor for our shitty shooting point guard :rollin

r0drig0lac
01-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Bledsoe and Brown having shit nights all while Forbes is dropping dimes and 3s all game long :lmao

We paying 16 million dollars a year for scrubs (DJ) who can't shoot the ball but people on here complaining about a good defender who can actually shoot the ball and spaces the floor for our shitty shooting point guard :rollin
who?

emanueldavidginobili
01-10-2020, 04:27 PM

You don't even believe this, stop trolling smh.

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2020, 04:30 PM
He's absolutely hopeless out there. Looks like an average joe trying to guard elite athletes. One screen takes him completely out of the play. Can't stay in front of anyone. Has the whole "put your hand up so it looks like you're contesting" thing down to a tee even though he's a midget with t-rex arms.he looks like it because that's exactly who he is

Chomag
01-10-2020, 06:48 PM
OK , I'm sorry Mr. Forbes...that you ain't an NBA caliber player. However you make a good pet to someone who loves his favourites so I'll give him that.

JeffDuncan
01-10-2020, 07:38 PM
It's appalling what Coach Pop is doing to Bryn. Pop has now proven how well his Bench for Greatness method works. Lonnie proves it, obviously. But will Pop allow Bryn to benefit from his coaching breakthrough? Hell no! Why not? The only reason has to be that Pop just hates Bryn.

:pop: Bryn, get the fuck away from that bench and get in the game. I only use my Bench for Greatness technique with players I care about, like Lonnie. That does not include you! There's no chance I'd bench the likes of you so you'd get better, you little rat! Fuck you, you're starting, whether you like it or not. So go on, get away from that bench and get out there in the game! Git!

Pop knows perfectly well that by using his Bench for Greatness technique, and benching Bryn for about 25 to 30 games, he could make Bryn a DPOY candidate. But Pop won't do it. He hates Bryn too much to bench him and give him a chance. As long as Pop is in charge there's nothing to be done about it. It's sad, it's truly sad.

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:13 PM
It's appalling what Coach Pop is doing to Bryn. Pop has now proven how well his Bench for Greatness method works. Lonnie proves it, obviously. But will Pop allow Bryn to benefit from his coaching breakthrough? Hell no! Why not? The only reason has to be that Pop just hates Bryn.

:pop: Bryn, get the fuck away from that bench and get in the game. I only use my Bench for Greatness technique with players I care about, like Lonnie. That does not include you! There's no chance I'd bench the likes of you so you'd get better, you little rat! Fuck you, you're starting, whether you like it or not. So go on, get away from that bench and get out there in the game! Git!

Pop knows perfectly well that by using his Bench for Greatness technique, and benching Bryn for about 25 to 30 games, he could make Bryn a DPOY candidate. But Pop won't do it. He hates Bryn too much to bench him and give him a chance. As long as Pop is in charge there's nothing to be done about it. It's sad, it's truly sad.

Dumb post. Lonnie looked worse than marco.

JeffDuncan
01-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Seriously, I really am stupid.

I believe you.

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:23 PM
I believe you.

21 > 3

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:24 PM

20 % fg......

boutons_deux
01-10-2020, 10:25 PM
what was the Grizz fg% in 4th?

JeffDuncan
01-10-2020, 10:25 PM
No, it's a fact.
I'm just plain stupid!

I'm not doubting you.

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:29 PM
I'm not doubting you.

3 pts 20% fg. Please play more

MultiTroll
01-10-2020, 10:31 PM
Not to mention all the threes the team gives up after Forms' man goes right past him and kicks it out. Just because it's not his man hitting them doesn't mean he isn't directly responsible for it. We saw that happen a couple of times in that clip.
qft

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:32 PM

And that doesnt always make it his fault either, dunce

itzsoweezee
01-10-2020, 10:37 PM
Lol. This bum's defense is atrocious.

What an absolutely stupid season this has been

FkLA
01-10-2020, 10:37 PM
Tbh, who's this retard that's quoted me like 5 times tonight? Why's he trying so hard to grab my attention?

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:39 PM
Lol. This bum's defense is atrocious.

What an absolutely stupid season this has been

Post some clips and give an insight rather than parroting. Or just continue to be generalizing. The reality is the whole team is terrible at defense.

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:40 PM
Tbh, who's this retard that's quoted me like 5 times tonight? Why's he trying so hard to grab my attention?

Lol 23 k posts... hahahahhaha hahahhahahah

JeffDuncan
01-10-2020, 10:46 PM
You've got to believe me! I really am stupid!

I do believe you. I don't doubt it for a minute.

GB20
01-10-2020, 10:47 PM
21 > 3

Who do you think is going to have a better career?

KobesAchilles
01-20-2020, 10:59 PM
Our 3 million dollar overachiever outplaying our 16 million dollar broke jumper PG... Again
bump

JeffDuncan
01-20-2020, 11:55 PM
Still waiting for the official apology from Forbes.

hombre
01-21-2020, 02:16 AM
Sup Captain Freetime?

SpurPadre
01-21-2020, 03:47 AM
Mini Matt Bonner almost gave the game away. He still sucks and is a glorified G Leaguer, tbh.

KobesAchilles
11-30-2021, 12:33 PM
Bump

Dude gets a lot of shit on here but he's been doing what a bench player should do. He comes in, plays hard, hits shots, and spaces the floor (whether he makes them or not). Our other back up SG doesn't play a lick of defense either so I don't want to hear any bitching about his defense.

Serious question. Does Lonnie need to be cut from the rotation? I say yes. Give Bryn 20 minutes a game and Primo 12-15 minutes a game and then play Lonnie situationally. Bryn and primo have both shown they can make an open 3. Mr. 28% meanwhile has been a clusterfuck on both sides of the ball.

TimDunkem
11-30-2021, 01:07 PM
No...just no. He is one of the worst defenders in the league, he is a target on that end, makes costly mistakes, pouts when he does something wrong, and isn't even that fucking good of a shooter anyway.

He. Fucking. Sucks.

KobesAchilles
11-30-2021, 01:34 PM
No...just no. He is one of the worst defenders in the league, he is a target on that end, makes costly mistakes, pouts when he does something wrong, and isn't even that fucking good of a shooter anyway.

He. Fucking. Sucks.
And yet he is playing better than Lonnie...
Just saying

TimDunkem
11-30-2021, 01:38 PM
And yet he is playing better than Lonnie...
Just saying

Lonnie has been a disappointment for sure. No push back here on that one.

Biggems
11-30-2021, 01:47 PM
I am truly sorry that I had to witness Forbes in a Spurs jersey during an actual NBA game. I am sorry that as a huge fan of defense, I have had to watch his efense for years now, pure torture. I am sorry that Pop went senile and brought that sad sack of suck back to the roster.

Leetonidas
11-30-2021, 01:50 PM
Is this a troll thread? Or is OP actually serious?

KobesAchilles
11-30-2021, 02:27 PM
Is this a troll thread? Or is OP actually serious?
It originally started as a troll thread but my current post is quite serious. We should keep Lonnie on the bench

Drom John
12-01-2021, 10:15 AM
FiveThirtyEight Raptor Defensive Raptor

6.1 Jock Landale
2.8 Derrick White
1.6 Keita Bate-Diop
1.1 Keldon Johnson
1.0 Dejounte Murray
0.2 Devin Vassell
-0.4 Lonnie Walker IV
-0.6 Jakob Poeltl
-1.9 Drew Eubanks
-2.0 Thaddeus Young
-2.4 Tre Jones
-4.9 Bryn Forbes
-6.3 Doug McDermott
-8.8 Joshua Primo
-11.3 Devontae Cacok
-26.5 Joe Wieskamp

RC_Drunkford
12-01-2021, 05:06 PM
Bryn checked on a Spurs fan cause he had a flat tire. That’s why Pop plays him. It had to be something non basketball related

Dex
12-01-2021, 05:35 PM
Bryn checked on a Spurs fan cause he had a flat tire. That’s why Pop plays him. It had to be something non basketball related

What a nice young man...

Trill Clinton
12-01-2021, 05:36 PM

Thats whats up!

Chomag
12-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Just get it over with and retire his jersey into the rafters already!!
Sorry Fellas he is here to stay , well unless Pop leaves first

MultiTroll
12-01-2021, 06:42 PM
6.1 Jock Landale

Super small sample size but notable that the player with the best D numbers has played the least. And can shoot treys on O.
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/MAA41jFyADZZvDVUqZI3aA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTcwNTtoPTM1MztjZj13ZWJw/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/uA0D7illtDRg_bi62DNfKw--~B/aD0xMDAwO3c9MjAwMDthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/insider_articles_922/35fc899d4f5dd59f6a7ab999d13b4b14

TimDunkem
12-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Pop is his kids godfather. He needs to make sure they're fed.

Kurgan
12-01-2021, 09:05 PM

6.1 Jock Landale
2.8 Derrick White
1.6 Keita Bate-Diop
1.1 Keldon Johnson
1.0 Dejounte Murray
0.2 Devin Vassell
-0.4 Lonnie Walker IV
-0.6 Jakob Poeltl
-1.9 Drew Eubanks
-2.0 Thaddeus Young
-2.4 Tre Jones
-4.9 Bryn Forbes
-6.3 Doug McDermott
-8.8 Joshua Primo
-11.3 Devontae Cacok
-26.5 Joe Wieskamp

How McNugget can evade criticism on this forum while being a worse defender than Forbes is beyond me. Even worse, he's paid 42 million over the next three years whiles Forbes will be gone next season. No coincidence the starting lineup has played much better since Doug's injury. Easily the worst Spurs signing in quite some time(yes, worse than the Fatty Mills midnight signing)

Slippy
12-02-2021, 07:01 AM
Just for accuracy..Defensively Lonnies having his best season so far while bryn is still shithouse. If we were to compare the two on that end. Didnt need stats to see it but glad to see that list confirming what is happening on the court.

Its the offense this season. His midrange and outside three has been non-existent and as result its impacting his shot selection. Needs to drive more .

Slippy
12-02-2021, 07:18 AM
Lonnies shot numbers wise is the worst it's ever been this season . He getting more open looks and the touches have been there. Cant explain the struggle tbh but i dont think its too late turn it around.

Pop is showing more faith in him than us fans for sure.

The Truth #6
12-02-2021, 07:21 AM
More Forbes? How about more Devin instead?

KingKev
12-02-2021, 07:30 AM
How McNugget can evade criticism on this forum while being a worse defender than Forbes is beyond me. Even worse, he's paid 42 million over the next three years whiles Forbes will be gone next season. No coincidence the starting lineup has played much better since Doug's injury. Easily the worst Spurs signing in quite some time(yes, worse than the Fatty Mills midnight signing)

McLovin’ is easily our worst contract so it could be worse. Still early days and he possess a skill set we desperately need so I’m still hopeful he can step it up when he is healthy and more comfortable with the system.

buttsR4rebounding
12-02-2021, 04:48 PM
Lonnies shot numbers wise is the worst it's ever been this season . He getting more open looks and the touches have been there. Cant explain the struggle tbh but i dont think its too late turn it around.

Pop is showing more faith in him than us fans for sure.

I think Lonnie not getting an extension has been a big hit to his confidence.

Sugus
12-02-2021, 05:40 PM

6.1 Jock Landale
2.8 Derrick White
1.6 Keita Bate-Diop
1.1 Keldon Johnson
1.0 Dejounte Murray
0.2 Devin Vassell
-0.4 Lonnie Walker IV
-0.6 Jakob Poeltl
-1.9 Drew Eubanks
-2.0 Thaddeus Young
-2.4 Tre Jones
-4.9 Bryn Forbes
-6.3 Doug McDermott
-8.8 Joshua Primo
-11.3 Devontae Cacok
-26.5 Joe Wieskamp

Man, thank fucking God for stats. Absolutely objective and, utilized correctly, a great tool for any analysis.

:lol Forbes' and Lonnie's defense being the same. They're nowhere close. Sad to see Lonnie struggling, but as posters have said, it's mostly on the offensive end, which is strange but definitely not a death sentence, especially considering he had a better offensive season last year, and no significant injuries in between (meaning there's no physical reason he couldn't get back to that level, or better, unlike White for example, who suffered significant injuries recently).

ismael-robert
12-02-2021, 06:40 PM
This is as indicative on Doug's defense as it is on jAkobs

spurraider21
12-02-2021, 06:40 PM
Fvck!

playbonner15
12-03-2021, 02:27 AM

It's just basketball................

The Truth #6
12-04-2021, 07:25 AM
Last game was the best one can hope from Pop and Forbes. Played sparingly and only when needed, and then he went Steve Kerr. Unfortunately, this scenario won’t happen often.

John B
12-04-2021, 09:11 AM
I have nothing against Bryn but we’ve seen what he could do and should not be part of a rebuilding team. His minutes should be going to Tre, and to Lonnie who needs to show more in his contract year. I’m really hoping Joe would get that spot up shooter minutes next year. He at least is a lot athletic and would not be a defensive liability. I’m just hoping Joe is working on his shooting, because I cannot bear to see Bryn in a Spur uniform for another year.