PDA

View Full Version : Perfect time to trade DDR

duncan2k5
01-09-2020, 12:37 PM
let's not waste it, front office... Or else what are we playing for? A stagnant future and a 1st round exit IF we make the playoffs?

Genovaswitness
01-09-2020, 12:41 PM
truth nuke tbh. Hate how the spurs social media constantly posts shit about this idiot

duncan2k5
01-09-2020, 12:44 PM
truth nuke tbh. Hate how the spurs social media constantly posts shit about this idiot

Seriously...and when the fans keep falling for it instead of demanding better, they just stand pat and get fat, rich, and comfortable

DAF86
01-09-2020, 12:45 PM
I co-sign to this, tbh. Besides, I don't think it's a given we trade DeRozan and immediately become a bottom of the barrel team. I think we will still be fighting for that 8th spot.

NASpurs
01-09-2020, 12:59 PM
This ninja is about to get extended :lol

rjv
01-09-2020, 01:01 PM
trade him for what? and with what expectations? and with what plan for the future?

Arcadian
01-09-2020, 01:02 PM
Trade him for what?

My Fault
01-09-2020, 01:03 PM
So glad you made this thread, now the front office is sure to see this and follow your expert advice :lol

ezau
01-09-2020, 01:03 PM
DD’s gonna get extended and you Kawhi fan boys are just
gonna be pissed til kingdom come. Lol

TDomination
01-09-2020, 01:04 PM
This I can actually agree with.

Who do we get in return?

Spurs Homer
01-09-2020, 01:06 PM
let's not waste it, front office... Or else what are we playing for? A stagnant future and a 1st round exit IF we make the playoffs?

”we”

gtfo

for who?

A piece of shit traitor on the clippers?

:lol:lol

just be happy with your clippers and stop worrying about a team you hate

DAF86
01-09-2020, 01:06 PM
trade him for what? and with what expectations? and with what plan for the future?

Trade him for what?

This I can actually agree with.

Who do we get in return?

A young, promising, complimentary piece that would fit this roster better (pipe dream: Robert Covington) and draft pick/s.

Nivek_ogre
01-09-2020, 01:07 PM
The only teams that want him have nothing to offer. Best case is he walks after this or next year. No one is giving a high draft pick or anything of value for a rental of Derozan

rjv
01-09-2020, 01:12 PM
A young, promising, complimentary piece that would fit this roster better (pipe dream: Robert Covington) and draft pick/s.

anyone specific, that would actually be available, that could actually work, cap-wise?

Kobe'sAchilles
01-09-2020, 01:14 PM
I'm ok with just letting him walk. I don't want Aaron Gordon. I don't want some shitty player. If we can get a pick out of the deal then do it but otherwise no thanks. Would be willing to listen to Detroit's offer though... Casey has to miss him at this point

Frenchfred
01-09-2020, 01:16 PM

you think that the team would be better with Covington? He is only one year younger than De Rozan, doesn’t have the playmaking abilities. The Wolves won’t trade their high pick, they need it more than the Spurs

Mugen
01-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Agreed, they could probably get a useful rotation player and a 1st for him now tbh. But they won't and they'll probably extend his loser ass :lol

RC_Drunkford
01-09-2020, 01:21 PM
DeRozan just became the new HOTS. Wouldn't make sense to trade the HOTS of the team

NASpurs
01-09-2020, 01:21 PM
I'm ok with just letting him walk. I don't want Aaron Gordon. I don't want some shitty player. If we can get a pick out of the deal then do it but otherwise no thanks. Would be willing to listen to Detroit's offer though... Casey has to miss him at this point

Anything less than Doumbouya or that's gonna be a no. With Griffin out for the season, they should jump at a chance for DeRozan. :lol

DAF86
01-09-2020, 01:23 PM
you think that the team would be better with Covington? He is only one year younger than De Rozan, doesn’t have the playmaking abilities.

But without a question. Covington fills that 3 and D void we so desperately lack and DeRozan's absence allows for guys like Walker, White and Murray to develop at a faster pace.

RC_Drunkford
01-09-2020, 01:28 PM
But without a question. Covington fills that 3 and D void we so desperately lack and DeRozan's absence allows for guys like Walker, White and Murray to develop at a faster pace.

yet the smartest thing would be to keep the team intact and add a player like that to it. Would easily be a top 4 team in the west. Fuckin Marcus Morris fucked that up

DAF86
01-09-2020, 01:29 PM
anyone specific, that would actually be available, that could actually work, cap-wise?

Not ideal but, Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross and a 1st round pick for DeRozan. That's worth it, even if just for the draft pick.

rjv
01-09-2020, 02:06 PM
Not ideal but, Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross and a 1st round pick for DeRozan. That's worth it, even if just for the draft pick.

i don't see it happening. for one, orlando needs better outside shooting and derozan doesn't meet that need. as for our return, a pick of about 16 or 17 is nice but not likely an impact player and as athetic as gordon is, he's not a great three point threat and ross is not all that much better. i would suppose that ross would take the three spot but he won't really change the team in regards to contention. from my vantage point, derozan is a better player. that doesn't mean i want the spurs to extend him (i certainly wouldn't want them to offer him the max) but i don't know that i would take on contracts either. not unless it was a no-brainer.

HarlemHeat37
01-09-2020, 02:11 PM
DeRozan's stock hasn't gone up at all, nobody believes that he's somehow improved and reached a new ceiling at this point of his career. His value is the same as it has always been, this isn't the first time that he's had a great stretch in his career.

Also, as flawed as he is, the thought of White, Murray and Walker leading an offense is painful:lol defenses would adjust quickly, none of those guys possess the qualities to run an NBA offense as a lead option.

DAF86
01-09-2020, 02:24 PM
i don't see it happening. for one, orlando needs better outside shooting and derozan doesn't meet that need. as for our return, a pick of about 16 or 17 is nice but not likely an impact player and as athetic as gordon is, he's not a great three point threat and ross is not all that much better. i would suppose that ross would take the three spot but he won't really change the team in regards to contention. from my vantage point, derozan is a better player. that doesn't mean i want the spurs to extend him (i certainly wouldn't want them to offer him the max) but i don't know that i would take on contracts either. not unless it was a no-brainer.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/11/14/magic-interested-in-trade-demar-derozan

paperboy77
01-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Why's everyone always caught up on Covington? That dude is not winning ball. He's like in the Jeff Green category or Thad Young. Now if you want to talk up Forbes and do that trade... THAT would be great.

Unfortunately there is some logic to this. Are the Spurs going to extend him? If not and he opts out or what ever then we are screwed. I say roll with DD and LA, two very unique players in the league. Roll with them and let's see if Lonnie, DJ and White are who we think they can be. This current team and a basketball "woke" coach can do some damage in the playoffs. I really think if anything we can get a SF that may be useful to us in a trade involving Forbes plus some other fodder.

DAF86
01-09-2020, 02:27 PM
DeRozan's stock hasn't gone up at all, nobody believes that he's somehow improved and reached a new ceiling at this point of his career. His value is the same as it has always been, this isn't the first time that he's had a great stretch in his career.

Also, as flawed as he is, the thought of White, Murray and Walker leading an offense is painful:lol defenses would adjust quickly, none of those guys possess the qualities to run an NBA offense as a lead option.

Not as painful as a Kyle Anderson, Patty Mills lead one and we still managed to make the playoffs on a much tougher conference.

HarlemHeat37
01-09-2020, 02:31 PM
Not as painful as a Kyle Anderson, Patty Mills lead one and we still managed to make the playoffs on a much tougher conference.

That team went 13-16 from February on and had the 28th ranked offense in the league during those last few months:lol They would have easily missed the playoffs if they didn't have a fluky shooting start against literally the easiest schedule in the NBA.

rjv
01-09-2020, 02:33 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/11/14/magic-interested-in-trade-demar-derozan

i read that back at the start of the season but i also read other articles that brought up the possible drawbacks and orlando's need for outside shooting was one of them. some of the other articles i read suggested that if the magic would pursue such a trade it would because of the shooting woes of ross. it's been two months since the rumors started circulating so not sure if there is still any interest by either party. derozan has certainly played better as of late but i haven't paid enough attention to see if ross has. i just don't see that as worth it. for either team, really.

DAF86
01-09-2020, 02:35 PM
That team went 13-16 from February on and had the 28th ranked offense in the league during those last few months:lol They would have easily missed the playoffs if they didn't have a fluky shooting start against literally the easiest schedule in the NBA.

Do you really think a lineup of, let's say:

Murray
Walker
Ross
Gordon
Aldridge

White
Mills
Gay
Lyles
Poeltl

wouldn't be in the contention for the 8th spot on this shitty ass Western Conference?

Frenchfred
01-09-2020, 02:36 PM

De Rozan is not the reason our young guards are not developing. Decrease Forbes, Mills and Belinelli’s playing time and the 3 youngsters can play 28-32 minutes. Don’t resign Forbes and Belinelli. Extend De Rozan for 3 years 70 millions starting at 27, 23 and 20 and go after a star the following year when MIlls, Gay and Aldridge contracts are up.

DAF86
01-09-2020, 02:38 PM
De Rozan is not the reason our young guards are not developing. Decrease Forbes, Mills and Belinelli’s playing time and the 3 youngsters can play 28-32 minutes. Don’t resign Forbes and Belinelli. Extend De Rozan for 3 years 70 millions starting at 27, 23 and 20 and go after a star the following year when MIlls, Gay and Aldridge contracts are up.

:lmao:lmao:lmao This is the part where you should stop talking, tbh.

phxspurfan
01-09-2020, 02:39 PM
lol ST experts

Frenchfred
01-09-2020, 02:47 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao This is the part where you should stop talking, tbh.
Why? Because it is too low or you think that this is too high. An argument would be better than emojis

jermaine
01-09-2020, 02:53 PM
With everything in me, I want to agree. But for what exactly? Who's walking through that door that will put us over the top? Spurs fuck up draft picks like a virgin fucks up getting some pussy. No one we drafted is playing mins in the NBA, while Brandon Clarke is playing mins for Memphis. That says so much. You keep DeRozen, trade Marco, Carroll, an 1 of those dudes in the G league for a good rotational SF.

DAF86
01-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Why? Because it is too low or you think that this is too high. An argument would be better than emojis

Sorry son. I like being an asshole sometimes. :lol

I just want DeRozan out of this team because I know that as long as he is here we are not going anywhere. That's also why I think any trade that could net us a first round pick is worth it.

jermaine
01-09-2020, 03:26 PM
Sorry son. I like being an asshole sometimes. :lol

I just want DeRozan out of this team because I know that as long as he is here we are not going anywhere. That's also why I think any trade that could net us a first round pick is worth it.

He picked Luka Sommabitch in the draft. He's 2yrs away from being ready for nba mins.

r0drig0lac
01-09-2020, 03:33 PM
He picked Luka Sommabitch in the draft. He's 2yrs away from being ready for nba mins.

with Bazley and Thybulle still available.

exstatic
01-09-2020, 03:42 PM

Robert Covington is a role player, and he's 29. :rollin:rollin:rollin

RC_Drunkford
01-09-2020, 03:51 PM

Murray
Walker
Ross
Gordon
Aldridge

White
Mills
Gay
Lyles
Poeltl

wouldn't be in the contention for the 8th spot on this shitty ass Western Conference?

that team would have to go back to playing through Aldridge post ups. This team right now has a far more modern playing style with DeRozan attacking the paint and LaMarcus spacing the floor. You can't run this offense unless you have somebody getting to the paint drawing double teams. None of the perimeter players on that team can do what DeRozan has been doing in the last couple of games

DAF86
01-09-2020, 03:51 PM

Complimentary = role player

And yeah, I fucked up with the "young" part. When I wrote "young and promising" I didn't have Covington in mind yet.

I can reprhase the statement: "a young promising player" or a "complimentary player on the right side of 30s".

r0drig0lac
01-09-2020, 03:57 PM
that team would have to go back to playing through Aldridge post ups. This team right now has a far more modern playing style with DeRozan attacking the paint and LaMarcus spacing the floor. You can't run this offense unless you have somebody getting to the paint drawing double teams. None of the perimeter players on that team can do what DeRozan has been doing in the last couple of games

I agree, maybe Demar / Aldridge duo has finally found a way to be competitive, but let's wait a few more games to be sure.

gambit1990
01-09-2020, 04:14 PM
do it.

K...
01-09-2020, 04:17 PM
You have to know that the same forces that make him rise in value make an extension just as likely? We're in no man's land until he indicates he wants to leave.

RC_Drunkford
01-09-2020, 04:21 PM
I agree, maybe Demar / Aldridge duo has finally found a way to be competitive, but let's wait a few more games to be sure.

with the way they are playing now, they fit together very well. Before that it was an awkward fit where people said it doesn't work because they both like to post up, both love to shoot midrange shots and don't really shoot the 3.

With Aldridge on the perimeter that changes. Aldridge is a shooter anyway and DeRozan has more space in the paint. It's no coincidence that he's been scoring at a legendary efficienct level and averages the FG% of a Michael Jordan. DeRozan drawing double teams and being a great passer gets the Spurs back into being able to run a motion offense. All the team got yesterday were easy buckets. This is a sustainable offense, I said that ever since they played like that the first time. It works.

That makes the pairing a good fit, so no reason to trade for weaker players. Then you'd have to go back to Pop being mad scientist trying to figure out how to run the offense and who to run it through. Walker, Murray, White and Poeltl should keep improving. If this team had Marcus Morris like it was planned it could go toe to toe with any team in the west. A closing line up of

Murray/Walker/DeRozan/Morris/Aldridge

would've been a line up with 4 players who can go iso, 4 players who can shoot the 3, 3 post up threats and no defensive holes.

They should consider adding a 3-and-D starter level forward. Besides that DeRozan is likely opting in which wouldn't be too bad at 27 million. I wouldn't want to pay him more, but that's decent value for an All-Star. I see Rudy Gay's contract as a bigger problem.

spurraider21
01-09-2020, 04:38 PM
LMA shooting more 3's has cured a lot of the problems caused by derozan's shooting limitations.

derozan is flawed and hard to build around, but having Aldridge/Lyles being able to camp out is a nice way to make it work.

TimDunkem
01-09-2020, 04:41 PM

Brandon Clarke :(

phxspurfan
01-09-2020, 04:52 PM
He picked Luka Sommabitch in the draft. He's 2yrs away from being ready for Euroleague mins.

phxspurfan
01-09-2020, 04:53 PM

This is the kind of shit :lol

not you exsctatic, the OP who is like so many on here shit posting to trade one of our stars for random overrated role players, like it would help.

MoSpur02
01-09-2020, 04:58 PM
The team is finally showing signs of turning this thing around and you wanna trade it’s most consistent player on offense? He isn't that good on defense, but he is very consistent on offense.

Trading Belinelli and Forbes for a Trevor Ariza or a Robert Covington is the only trade the Spurs should consider.

benefactor
01-09-2020, 05:00 PM
No one gives a fuck about your shitty, island spook takes OP

jermaine
01-09-2020, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=TimDunkem;10032190]Brandon Clarke :([/QUOi said this in another post myself. An getting mins an do us bad anytime we play .Memphis.

gambit1990
01-09-2020, 05:02 PM
the money doesn't quite workout but i'd do something like demar, poeltl, and a 1st round pick for jarrett allen, taurean prince, and garrett temple in a heartbeat.

FkLA
01-09-2020, 05:39 PM
DeMar is actually really hard to guard/stay in front of 1-on-1. He's also a really good playmaker and passer. Having everyone, including LMA, out on the 3PT line and letting him run the show seems like it can be sustainable. I know he's had good individual stretches before, but atleast with the Spurs I don't remember it ever directly contributing to the team's offense as a whole looking like a well oiled machine. Most of his other good stretches in SA have been empty stats type stuff, where the team's offense actually gets bogged down/loses touches at the expense of him getting his numbers. That's not the case right now.

Like RC said, he's essentially the HOTS right now. I was on board with trading him earlier but with recent developments I'd rather see what this new offense is capable of. Shop Brent, Marco, Demarre and see if you can get a half decent 3&D guy. Just getting rid of the first two, regardless of what we get in return, makes the team even better.

FkLA
01-09-2020, 05:44 PM
DOUMBOUYA!!!

https://youtu.be/g0iP4seGd6Y

THIS STIFF SCRUB!!!!!!

Didn't get the pre-draft hype for this dude and don't get the hype now. Looks like a bust to me.

rjv
01-09-2020, 05:46 PM
Like RC said, he's essentially the HOTS right now. I was on board with trading him earlier but with recent developments I'd rather see what this new offense is capable of. Shop Brent, Marco, Demarre and see if you can get a half decent 3&D guy. Just getting rid of the first two, regardless of what we get in return, makes the team even better.

Coach X
01-09-2020, 05:53 PM
In what universe would the Spurs trade his best player this season? I mean, is there anybody here thinking PATFO would trade DeRozan now?

Posters can wish for it to happen but it's a pointless debate.

Here where I am, it's the perfect time to have a home-made cake. I'm feeling lucky, I'll open a post in ST requesting my wife to cook it. Hopefully, she doesn't suggest me to go fuck myself

phxspurfan
01-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Here where I am, it's the perfect time to have a home-made cake. I'm feeling lucky, I'll open a post in ST requesting my wife to cook it. Hopefully, she doesn't suggest me to go fuck myself

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/910/91010.gif

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-09-2020, 06:25 PM
Trade him for what?They want draft picks. They bitch about how bad the front office is but in return think that the players the same office drafted are the best in the NBA.

Mugen
01-09-2020, 06:27 PM
They want draft picks. They bitch about how bad the front office is but in return think that the players the same office drafted are the best in the NBA.

Imagine being stupid enough to think Lonnie wasn't an NBA level player :lol

NASpurs
01-09-2020, 06:38 PM
Imagine being stupid enough to think Lonnie wasn't an NBA level player :lol

Speaking of stupid, our boy monty has been missing. Hopefully he’s been looking both ways when stepping off the sidewalk.

MultiTroll
01-09-2020, 06:48 PM
My prediction is he will opt in.
So if you want him traded (I do) it's pretty much now or another season and a half at least.

If he stays, would be great to see if IV continues to get burn and LMA keeps shooting treys. With Forbes out except for 5th guard in. Obvious to entire world sans Pop.
Not counting on Grandpa.
But we could hide (well counteract is a better word) his defense with a kick ass modern strategy intelligent offense.

vander
01-09-2020, 06:58 PM
best time to trade him, therefore it's less likely then ever.

only hope is if he demands a trade

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-09-2020, 07:02 PM
Imagine being stupid enough to think Lonnie wasn't an NBA level player :lolSaBoy let's see what he does when defenses start paying attention to him. Why don't you contact the Detroit Pistons and let them know you have the perfect plan to make the them a winner. You can be their Pres of basketball ball operations, GM, Coach and your own assistants. Hell you're 6'4 and can score on Forbes you could even play SG if they need you to.

Mugen
01-09-2020, 07:19 PM
SaBoy let's see what he does when defenses start paying attention to him. Why don't you contact the Detroit Pistons and let them know you have the perfect plan to make the them a winner. You can be their Pres of basketball ball operations, GM, Coach and your own assistants. Hell you're 6'4 and can score on Forbes you could even play SG if they need you to.

Okay boomer :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-09-2020, 07:35 PM

Murray
Walker
Ross
Gordon
Aldridge

White
Mills
Gay
Lyles
Poeltl

Ross and Gordon, sure, because although you wouldn't have a consistent go-to option, at least you'd have a bunch of potential options on any given night, somebody would probably get hot(and more importantly, Ross can create a shot/score off screens and Gordon has some ability with the ball, as well, although not consistent).

Swapping Covington for DeRozan? Absolutely not, Covington is a useless offensive player unless he has playmakers around him AND is making shots(he's very streaky). If this was 3 years from now and Walker became a star and maybe even 1 of White/Murray emerged, then ya, that would be a good fit.

Maybe if Derrick White hadn't taken such a big step back, but even if he hadn't, he doesn't have an attacking mindset, he's terrified of creating half the time.

tbdog
01-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Glad to see people here are noticing what DD is capable of when your playing the right players and strategies. The team isn't perfect, but we are one piece away from being a really good team. Our title success depends on Murray/Walker development. Unfortunately by the time they ever get there, DD and LMA won't be the same player.

tbdog
01-09-2020, 07:41 PM
In saying that, if the Spurs think they'll lose him, then we should trade him. Did you read the rumour that Sixers want to trade Ben Simmons and Warriors are waiving Russell at them?

GAustex
01-09-2020, 07:47 PM
DDR has not proven anything in a tight big time game at the crucial moments-where he has failed miserably often in the past-recently.
Given that he has been great lately and I hope it continues and somehow it all works out.
Spreading out the offense and letting go to work has been pretty impressive.

cd021
01-09-2020, 07:50 PM

Probably would have to be Gordon, Aminu and a lottery protected 1st.

The Magic need to keep Ross because of their lack of shooting. The first would partly to be to get off of Aminu.

spurs1990
01-09-2020, 09:06 PM

Brandon Clarke :(

If only the NBA would follow suit of football and hold their draft after free agency.

The Spurs surely planned on obtaining two rotational players in FA, opting to draft a development player at 19.

Joseph Kony
01-09-2020, 09:20 PM
isnt covington like 30 already? and he plays on a team with a player better than anyone on our roster yet they still suck? :lol this dude is gonna lift us above treadmill status? yeah right

Joseph Kony
01-09-2020, 09:21 PM
Gordon, Ross/Fournier, and a pick isnt terrible though

tbdog
01-09-2020, 09:36 PM
isnt covington like 30 already? and he plays on a team with a player better than anyone on our roster yet they still suck? :lol this dude is gonna lift us above treadmill status? yeah right

With the teams current make up, he will fit like a glove. We need size and shooting at the 3. He is just a 3&D guy and is on a favourable contract.

BackHome
01-09-2020, 09:55 PM
Only trading Beli or Forbes to get Covington the Morris shit really screwed us big time. But oh well this summer hopefully Keldon, White, and Walker work in there 3 ball and trade Beli, Forbes or Mills. Big question will be what they do with Poodle if he gets poached we’re kinda screwed well maybe not if we are able to bring up Nikola if not yeah we screwed.

DAF86
01-09-2020, 09:56 PM
This is the kind of shit :lol

not you exsctatic, the OP who is like so many on here shit posting to trade one of our stars for random overrated role players, like it would help.

2-Game winning streak and the sniffers are back at full force. :lol

tbdog
01-09-2020, 10:04 PM
Gordon, Ross/Fournier, and a pick isnt terrible though

Magic won't give that much unless DD agrees to resign.

Leetonidas
01-09-2020, 10:20 PM
His value as at an all time high as a Spur. Which sadly makes me think he's getting that max extension :lol

Fusternino
01-09-2020, 10:58 PM
Didn't know Aminu had gotten so bad. Glad we missed out on him in that case.

ducks
01-09-2020, 11:14 PM
Trade pop to the bucks!

TimDunkem
01-09-2020, 11:32 PM
i said this in another post myself. An getting mins an do us bad anytime we play .Memphis.

Averaging 12 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, and 1 block a game as a rookie. Shooting over 40% on 3s and over 65% on twos. Jumps out of the building, catches everything, can roll to the rim, can switch defensively, plays multiple positions. He's literally the perfect PF.

We're starting Trey Lyles...Yeah, yeah Marcus Morris fucked us over, but just imagine if they picked up Clarke. :(

KimmyGib
01-09-2020, 11:53 PM
Ain't happening. If PATFO still have plans to compete this year (Popovich not trying to finish a stellar career by ending playoff streak and looking bad) DeRozan's finishing the season a Spur. His trade value isn't changing one way or the other, anyway.

As others mentioned, getting a fairly serviceable 3D by shopping Belinelli, Forbes, Carroll is what needs to happen.

TD 21
01-10-2020, 12:11 AM
Ain't happening. If PATFO still have plans to compete this year (Popovich not trying to finish a stellar career by ending playoff streak and looking bad) DeRozan's finishing the season a Spur. His trade value isn't changing one way or the other, anyway.

As others mentioned, getting a fairly serviceable 3D by shopping Belinelli, Forbes, Carroll is what needs to happen.

Those types aren't getting them that though. Even my preseason proposal of Lyles and Belinelli for Marvin Williams probably requires a minor asset attached.

For a marginal upgrade to a team with a 1st round ceiling either way, what's the point?

Might as well just start Gay and Walker, move Lyles and Forbes to the bench and utilize Lyles/Carroll situationally.

tbdog
01-10-2020, 12:16 AM
DD is so fun to watch. But I love old school. That post move on Hayward was great.

buttsR4rebounding
01-10-2020, 01:14 AM
2-Game winning streak and the sniffers are back at full force. :lol

Over the last 9 games the Spurs are #1 in ppg, fg %, 3 pt %. They are 7th in 3 pointer made per game. That’s not a bad sample size.

Frenchfred
01-10-2020, 01:48 AM
What kind of pick are people expecting in return for DeRozan. If it’s anything past 5th pick, it is a crap shoot in terms of talent.

cd021
01-10-2020, 02:31 AM
Magic won't give that much unless DD agrees to resign.
Highly unlikely that DDR opts out, none of the cap space teams are giving him long term deals because they are mostly rebuilding teams.

cd021
01-10-2020, 02:32 AM
What kind of pick are people expecting in return for DeRozan. If it’s anything past 5th pick, it is a crap shoot in terms of talent.

Pick in the teen's seems realistic.

ezau
01-10-2020, 02:36 AM
Initially, I thought the best way to fix the spacing issue was to convince DeRozan to shoot from the three while Aldridge gets the ball at the post. However, Aldridge stepping out to the three-point line is the better adjustment because:

A. LA is the better shooter between the two
B. DeRozan is an excellent facilitator and offensive player

It took us quite a while to get here, but like what the other posters have said, this is the more sustainable offensive solution while incorporating the talents of our three young wings.

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2020, 03:28 AM
Averaging 12 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, and 1 block a game as a rookie. Shooting over 40% on 3s and over 65% on twos. Jumps out of the building, catches everything, can roll to the rim, can switch defensively, plays multiple positions. He's literally the perfect PF.

We're starting Trey Lyles...Yeah, yeah Marcus Morris fucked us over, but just imagine if they picked up Clarke. :(

He'd had to play in the G-League for 2 years

cd021
01-10-2020, 04:11 AM
Spurs could still trade him in the off season, assuming he opts in on June 29th.

XDT76
01-10-2020, 04:25 AM
Only trading Beli or Forbes to get Covington the Morris shit really screwed us big time. But oh well this summer hopefully Keldon, White, and Walker work in there 3 ball and trade Beli, Forbes or Mills. Big question will be what they do with Poodle if he gets poached we’re kinda screwed well maybe not if we are able to bring up Nikola if not yeah we screwed.

No trade required, just don't resign Forbes and Belli

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 05:52 AM
I co-sign to this, tbh. Besides, I don't think it's a given we trade DeRozan and immediately become a bottom of the barrel team. I think we will still be fighting for that 8th spot.

I think we get immediately better like Toronto

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 05:53 AM
The only teams that want him have nothing to offer. Best case is he walks after this or next year. No one is giving a high draft pick or anything of value for a rental of Derozan

We trade him where he wants to go, like AD

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 05:56 AM
DeRozan just became the new HOTS. Wouldn't make sense to trade the HOTS of the team

DDR as the HOTS is what u think we need to win a ring? LMFAO!

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 05:58 AM
yet the smartest thing would be to keep the team intact and add a player like that to it. Would easily be a top 4 team in the west. Fuckin Marcus Morris fucked that up

We would NEVER win a ring with LMA and DDR ...matter 9f fact DDR would completely shit himself vs LeBron and Kawhi...I don't care about stupid regular season records and playoff streaks...if it's not in service of winning a ring, we need to get rid of it

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 06:03 AM
The team is finally showing signs of turning this thing around and you wanna trade it’s most consistent player on offense? He isn't that good on defense, but he is very consistent on offense.

Trading Belinelli and Forbes for a Trevor Ariza or a Robert Covington is the only trade the Spurs should consider.

Turning things around TO GO WHERE, EXACTLY? MEDIOCRELAND???

cd021
01-10-2020, 06:04 AM

-Spurs probably won't get out spent on Jakob, the main benefit of him only playing 18 mpg. $5-7 million per sounds about right.

-Don't see why Mills should be on the trading block, he's actually probably worth his contract with how well he's played this season.

No trade required, just don't resign Forbes and Belli

-Beli is almost certainly gone, if not before the off-season. I could see him getting brought out as a solid to him so he can go back to Philly, or something.

-Forbes is interesting, he's an Unrestricted Free Agent and is having a bad season but has a rep as a high percentage 3pt bomber. He could get decent money to be a bench rotation player. I could see some team giving him 2 years, $10 million.

The Spurs; however, has a number of other options at 2 guard, namely Lonnie Walker and Derrick White. Spurs could opt to let Forbes walk and have Walker replace him in the starting lineup, Walker has two seasons left on his rookie deal after this one. Year 3 is when 1st rounders usually get their shot to prove, themselves.

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 06:05 AM
DeMar is actually really hard to guard/stay in front of 1-on-1. He's also a really good playmaker and passer. Having everyone, including LMA, out on the 3PT line and letting him run the show seems like it can be sustainable. I know he's had good individual stretches before, but atleast with the Spurs I don't remember it ever directly contributing to the team's offense as a whole looking like a well oiled machine. Most of his other good stretches in SA have been empty stats type stuff, where the team's offense actually gets bogged down/loses touches at the expense of him getting his numbers. That's not the case right now.

It won't be capable of a ring...the raptors were a better team than we were and they preinnially shit themselves in the playoffs mainly because of him

cd021
01-10-2020, 06:05 AM
I think we get immediately better like Toronto
...because they got Kawhi, Green and Pascal turned into a star, but would otherwise be exactly the same.

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 06:15 AM
Glad to see people here are noticing what DD is capable of when your playing the right players and strategies. The team isn't perfect, but we are one piece away from being a really good team. Our title success depends on Murray/Walker development. Unfortunately by the time they ever get there, DD and LMA won't be the same player.

DDR is playing like he used to play in Toronto...and NOBODY here at the time viewed him as someone we want on our team at any time...now we wanna keep him because of a few good games? Why? He is suddenly championship material now?

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 06:22 AM
...because they got Kawhi, Green and Pascal turned into a star, but would otherwise be exactly the same.

Im talking without Kawhi and Green...even when they had him they were better when he sat out...his coach benches him in a game 7...he isn't good

ezau
01-10-2020, 06:51 AM
Im talking without Kawhi and Green...even when they had him they were better when he sat out...his coach benches him in a game 7...he isn't good

Still expecting Nephew would wear a Spurs uniform :lol:lol:lol

Teamduncan21
01-10-2020, 07:35 AM
DDR is playing like he used to play in Toronto...and NOBODY here at the time viewed him as someone we want on our team at any time...now we wanna keep him because of a few good games? Why? He is suddenly championship material now?

And trading for roco makes us championship material. Smart. Only someone as smart as you could have thought of that

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2020, 09:14 AM

here goes the Kawhi fan boy. He obviously doesn't play like he has played in Toronto. He's getting more lay ups than ever and shoots less from midrange, in Toronto he was shooting 3s

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2020, 09:18 AM
We would NEVER win a ring with LMA and DDR ...matter 9f fact DDR would completely shit himself vs LeBron and Kawhi...I don't care about stupid regular season records and playoff streaks...if it's not in service of winning a ring, we need to get rid of it

yeah but Covington or Aaron Gordon would get you a ring right? LMA and DDR are not enough. But if Lonnie Walker becomes an All-Star Level player like Donovan Mitchell and Dejounte and D. White make another leap, then that with HOTS DeRozan, 3-point shooting LMA and a strong bench unit might actually get you there a lot faster than rebuilding. It's worth the gamble. Marcus Morris alone would make this team a contender right now

AllenWig
01-10-2020, 12:01 PM
Oh well, just letting you all know. Had it out on Monney Blvd. and got a call in just a few hours. Sold it to a guy from Bakersfield. Told him all about this site etc.Ill keep in touch guys My luck too....all the damn boat shops are closed today&

$pursDynasty
01-10-2020, 12:02 PM
I keep seeing where Philly needs shooting, any chance we can trade Belli to them for something of value?

Roscoe P. Coltrane
01-10-2020, 12:07 PM
Okay boomer :lol Boomer? Wrong. But you are definitely a moronnial.

$pursDynasty
01-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Actually Sixers don't have much I would want, could we possibly trade Ferrarri to get Davis back? The Wiz aren't going anywhere this year??? Salaries kinda match up it works straight up or we could even throw Forbes in too and it still works.

Teamduncan21
01-10-2020, 01:29 PM
We get it. DeRozan is not likable. And haven't really shown much success. But it's just quite hard to think of a realistic package that will hands down make us better. And adding someone like roco doesn't really change much

MoSpur02
01-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Turning things around TO GO WHERE, EXACTLY? MEDIOCRELAND???

Unless you think the Spurs Derozan is going to fetch them bonafide superstar then they'll still not going to be contenders. Quit dreaming and stay on the Clippers forums.

slick'81
01-10-2020, 02:41 PM
Actually Sixers don't have much I would want, could we possibly trade Ferrarri to get Davis back? The Wiz aren't going anywhere this year??? Salaries kinda match up it works straight up or we could even throw Forbes in too and it still works.

That would never happen

TimDunkem
01-10-2020, 03:13 PM

We (meaning PATFO, Sniffers, and guys like that holding out hope) are going to have to learn the hard way that these 2 guys aren't going to win a title. We would have to be stacked like GS was to win with DD and LMA as major pieces.

TimDunkem
01-10-2020, 03:14 PM
yeah but Covington or Aaron Gordon would get you a ring right? LMA and DDR are not enough. But if Lonnie Walker becomes an All-Star Level player like Donovan Mitchell and Dejounte and D. White make another leap, then that with HOTS DeRozan, 3-point shooting LMA and a strong bench unit might actually get you there a lot faster than rebuilding. It's worth the gamble. Marcus Morris alone would make this team a contender right now

I count 6 "ifs" in there. Says a lot, tbh.

Collins21
01-10-2020, 03:49 PM
We (meaning PATFO, Sniffers, and guys like that holding out hope) are going to have to learn the hard way that these 2 guys aren't going to win a title. We would have to be stacked like GS was to win with DD and LMA as major pieces.

The about you is that when it comes to Aldridge you like to move the goal post I've seen you on here saying plenty of times that "oh he's just a chucker who cares about touches" Then it was Oh but his game is ugly but since theses things have changed you still fail to give the dude his credit. I could take it or leave it on DeRozan but you're wrong about LA.

TimDunkem
01-10-2020, 06:56 PM
The about you is that when it comes to Aldridge you like to move the goal post I've seen you on here saying plenty of times that "oh he's just a chucker who cares about touches" Then it was Oh but his game is ugly but since theses things have changed you still fail to give the dude his credit. I could take it or leave it on DeRozan but you're wrong about LA.

I like what he's doing lately but the sample size is small.

Collins21
01-10-2020, 08:06 PM
I like what he's doing lately but the sample size is small.

I believe it's up to the senile old man. I truly believe that Pop was behind that post shit.

tholdren
01-10-2020, 10:08 PM
Trade lma before derozan.

duncan2k5
01-10-2020, 11:17 PM

LMFAO!!!! u ppl have no basketball sense whatsoever...Marcus Morris makes us a contender? With LMA and DDR? LOLOL

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2020, 06:20 AM
LMFAO!!!! u ppl have no basketball sense whatsoever...Marcus Morris makes us a contender? With LMA and DDR? LOLOL

those LA teams ain't as good as you think they are. This is not the season where you have to go against the 4 All-Star Dubs. Teams are a lot more even. Being top 4 in the West makes you a contender, that doesn't mean you'll go to the finals. Of course your dumbass doesn't understand this. You the last person that should talk about basketball sense. Your the worst poster on spurstalk. That is not regular dumb, it's far worse

duncan2k5
01-11-2020, 08:16 AM
those LA teams ain't as good as you think they are. This is not the season where you have to go against the 4 All-Star Dubs. Teams are a lot more even. Being top 4 in the West makes you a contender, that doesn't mean you'll go to the finals. Of course your dumbass doesn't understand this. You the last person that should talk about basketball sense. Your the worst poster on spurstalk. That is not regular dumb, it's far worse

Bro...ur on here thinking we can winna ring on the backs of LMA and DDR and I'm the one that doesn't know basketball? How about we put some money on it then? But u won't, right? Then sit down and shut up, dumbass

ezau
01-11-2020, 09:03 AM
Bro...ur on here thinking we can winna ring on the backs of LMA and DDR and I'm the one that doesn't know basketball? How about we put some money on it then? But u won't, right? Then sit down and shut up, dumbass

Waiting for Nephew to come back isn’t going to make your life easier as a Spurs fan, tbh. If I were you, I’d shamelessly switch allegiance to the Clippers.

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2020, 09:48 AM

don't ever tell me to shut the fuck up fuck boy. I'll put some money on your head and get you clipped. I never said they gonna win a ring with LMA and DDR. I said the best way to go with this fucked up roster is trying to improve the role players and gamble on the young core breaking out. If you so smart than tell me what's the fastest way for the Spurs to become a contender? Trade for Aaron Gordon and tank for LaMelo?

rascal
01-11-2020, 10:31 AM
don't ever tell me to shut the fuck up fuck boy. I'll put some money on your head and get you clipped. I never said they gonna win a ring with LMA and DDR. I said the best way to go with this fucked up roster is trying to improve the role players and gamble on the young core breaking out. If you so smart than tell me what's the fastest way for the Spurs to become a contender? Trade for Aaron Gordon and tank for LaMelo?

The way they did it before. Land in the lottery in a year there is a franchise player and get him. It will be the only way the Spurs will ever be a contender again.

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2020, 11:30 AM
The way they did it before. Land in the lottery in a year there is a franchise player and get him. It will be the only way the Spurs will ever be a contender again.

ok so which player is that in the upcoming draft?

Prime BEEF
01-11-2020, 11:38 AM
I dont understand why this is even a debate. You will never be a contender with DDR and LMA as your best players. Hell you might not be able to make the playoffs with them as your best players either. And that seems to be ok for some on here.

others aren’t ok with that and want to do something else. But yes, there’s a risk that “something else” doesn’t work out either. But no risk no reward.

For me, I just really don’t like these players or the style of ball they play. If we are destined to be 7 seed to 11 seed every year from now on then I’d rather have other more exciting players. What we have now is the worst of both worlds for me. Not good, very boring, no defense, just outside of the playoffs but not lottery.

duncan2k5
01-11-2020, 02:21 PM
I dont understand why this is even a debate. You will never be a contender with DDR and LMA as your best players. Hell you might not be able to make the playoffs with them as your best players either. And that seems to be ok for some on here.

others aren’t ok with that and want to do something else. But yes, there’s a risk that “something else” doesn’t work out either. But no risk no reward.

For me, I just really don’t like these players or the style of ball they play. If we are destined to be 7 seed to 11 seed every year from now on then I’d rather have other more exciting players. What we have now is the worst of both worlds for me. Not good, very boring, no defense, just outside of the playoffs but not lottery.

They are too unintelligent to understand... I'd rather take a risk at ANYTHING ELSE rather than doing something I KNOW won't work...

They're the types that would drive 9ff a cliff simply because we have been going in that direction, while I'm willing to veer off into any direction, even if there's still a risk all other directions also has cliffs... Still would be better than driving off a cliff for sure

wildbill2u
01-11-2020, 03:00 PM
It would have to be a young player with ability to fill our 3&4 slots with defensive skills and able to hit the 3 and score 20+ per game would be perfect. We can throw in Rudy???

Are there a lot of those guys out there available for trade.??? If some of our future GMs can come up with a name(s) that would fit into the cost structure we can really have a great conversation.

rascal
01-11-2020, 06:09 PM
ok so which player is that in the upcoming draft?

Who said it has to be this year they get their franchise player.

C-Dub
01-11-2020, 08:39 PM
If it doesn't seem like the Spurs are going to make playoffs by the trade deadline then we should trade DDR, Forbes and Beli to the Nets for Taurean Prince, Cabarrot and a 1st Rd draft pick. New lineup below:

DJM, LW4, Prince, Lyles, LMA
White, Patty, Cabarrot, Gay, JP
QW, KJ, Luka, DMC, Metu

RC_Drunkford
01-12-2020, 05:54 AM
Who said it has to be this year they get their franchise player.

so you want to trade DeRozan now to draft a 19-year old in 2022 so the Spurs can be contenders again in 2028?

slick'81
01-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Perfect time to trade derozan was last season

tholdren
01-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Perfect time to trade derozan was last season

He's better than Aldridge

Killakobe81
01-12-2020, 10:02 PM
Team friendly (they will save $20 million over 5 years on total deal) but overpay extension looming...