PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Is Doc Rivers thee most overrated coach of all time?

apalisoc_9
01-11-2020, 12:19 AM
Never seen him implement a system ever.

Even Nate Mcmillan has implemented a system.

Harrell and Lou :lol

Laker_1995
01-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Yup and it ain’t even close tbh

Killakobe81
01-11-2020, 12:28 AM
They will win tonight going away but I don't see them winning a chip, tbh...

Bynumite
01-11-2020, 12:32 AM
He's a more vocal Ty Lue, who happened to be at the right place, right time when that last Celtics championship team was assembled.

He's a glorified assistant coach tbh. Not particularly good with X's and O's and not good at managing egos either, as we saw with the Lob City Clippers.

Killakobe81
01-11-2020, 12:50 AM
He's a more vocal Ty Lue, who happened to be at the right place, right time when that last Celtics championship team was assembled.

He's a glorified assistant coach tbh. Not particularly good with X's and O's and not good at managing egos either, as we saw with the Lob City Clippers.

He is good at Slob and Bob plays...

apalisoc_9
01-11-2020, 12:57 AM

He cant contain the two defensive stooges Harrell and Lou :lol

I cant see this team winning a chip with Lou and Harrell Playing extended minutes. way too bad defensively.

with a good system and Shamet, Green unleased..Easily the best team.

01-11-2020, 02:22 AM
He's obv overrated but Clippers arent winning a chip with Lebron on the Lakers even if they had prime Poop/Jackson/Riley/you name it coaching them tbh. It's a done deal.

phxspurfan
01-11-2020, 03:12 AM
No, Kawhi just destroys teams. Clips were decent last year without Kawhi or Paul George. Now they're led by scumbags and seem to be imploding

Dirks_Finale
01-11-2020, 10:43 AM
I don't know about being the most overrated but Doc is definitely one of the biggest cry babies. Right up there with D'Antoni.

Clipper Nation
01-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Most overrated coach in any sport ever, tbh. Getting taken to 7 by the sub-.500 Hawks with that 2008 Celtics roster pretty much sums up Doc's legacy.

Clipper Nation
01-11-2020, 11:13 AM
No, Kawhi just destroys teams. Clips were decent last year without Kawhi or Paul George. Now they're led by scumbags and seem to be imploding
Yeah, just look at how Kawhi destroyed the Raptors last year.

ambchang
01-11-2020, 04:37 PM
KFC is the most overrated coach. Coat-tail riding Tex Winters, Jordan/Pippen, Shaq and MVPau to titles somehow made him the best c:lolach ever.

Laker_1995
01-11-2020, 04:45 PM
KFC is the most overrated coach. Coat-tail riding Tex Winters, Jordan/Pippen, Shaq and MVPau to titles somehow made him the best c:lolach ever.

I knew there would be one dude here who would mention Phil lol

TD 21
01-11-2020, 07:17 PM
:lmao Nah, it's Nurse, the latest great white hope/flavor of the month.

Tell me, what was his "system" last season? Looked an awful lot like the current Clippers "system".

The reality is, system offense is mostly a thing of the past, replaced by the homogenized, cookie cutter style you see today. It comes down to whether or not you have the personnel to succeed at it.

ducks
01-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Pop is stupid

Isitjustme?
01-11-2020, 08:19 PM
He draws good plays out of timeouts is the big strength I always hear from him :lol

LkrFan
01-15-2020, 07:36 AM

And no mention of Kobe :lol

ambchang
01-15-2020, 09:17 AM
And no mention of Kobe :lol

Honestly that would sabotage my point, because KFC actually winning with Kobe would be a plus, but then Shaq and MVPau really killed the other teams' frontlines.

lefty
01-15-2020, 11:21 AM
All coaches are overrated, at least when it comes to systems
Players win you games

At the end of the day it comes down to your ability to manage personalities

lefty
01-15-2020, 11:24 AM
When I watched Suicide Squad, someone in the theater said "TEX WINTER!" when Will Smith said "Phil Jackson....you know, triangle" :lol

Arcadian
01-15-2020, 02:31 PM
All coaches are overrated, at least when it comes to systems
Players win you games
This.

Coaches have more ability to hurt a team than to help it.

DMC
01-17-2020, 03:30 PM
No one here has ever coached a fucking minute yet all this advice and deep thoughts about coaching :lol

somerset
01-29-2020, 11:38 AM
No one here has ever coached a fucking minute yet all this advice and deep thoughts about coaching :lol

LMFAO. You're right.

Its BS talk that coaches are not the difference and/or the team would have won anyways with any decent coach. Players, professionals, and amateur certainly have giving their coach major credit for teaching them to play the game better since the beginning of coaching. Then there are the "system" coaches. These coaches like Mike D have placed their systems in organizations and these teams, players get better and better compared to the previous coached team. I understand players are a big, big part of winning teams. Just look at the Spurs, Duncan. Was it Duncan or Pop? How bout the answer is Pop, Duncan, Parker, Horry, etc... You'll never get me to say Jordan could have won that many championships if it was not for Phil. The Mavericks would have never won their championship without Rick. The Spurs without Pop. Just silly for someone to think these coaches are not vital to a championship as if any coach can do that. History let alone common sense, says differently.

lefty
01-29-2020, 12:08 PM
What about GM's?

If they don't bring the right pieces to play around their syperstars, especially the very picky high maintenance ones like MJ and Kobe, it doesn't matter

Phil/Tex Winter would have accomplished jack and shit if Jerry Krause didn't have the cojones and smarts to make the moves he made

whitemamba
01-29-2020, 02:32 PM

does it count if i coached 5th graders?