PDA

View Full Version : Found This On SaintsReport About The Spurs

PeterBurns
11-03-2005, 10:57 AM
From Our friend, Loose Cannon

- The stadium was not full at any point during the game. Empty seats all around. I'd say 90% capacity throughout.

- At the final buzzer, the Spurs were up 9. The seats were 2/3 empty.

Keep in mind this is opening tipoff of a season following a championship season. And tonight was the much heralded championship ring ceremony prior to the game.

Great job San Antonio.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I should haven't owned him so much, now he just took his ball home and won't come back and play.

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Spurs fans are a little complacent sometimes at the games.

McKenzie
11-03-2005, 11:03 AM
From Our friend, Loose Cannon

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I should haven't owned him so much, now he just took his ball home and won't come back and play.

Aw, damn. Did he run off the playground? That was getting good yesterday. Oh well, let him stay over there abd bash the city and everything else. I don't read their site so they can knock themselves out.

samikeyp
11-03-2005, 11:08 AM
- At the final buzzer, the Spurs were up 9. The seats were 2/3 empty.

Yeah because the Spurs were up by double digits and the game was over....What a tard. Yet he claims to be a Spurs fan...yet another lie. How desperate of him.

Oh, Gee!!
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I never leave a game early. There's a bunch of fake fans that sit down the entire game and leave halfway through the fourth quarter.

samikeyp
11-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Neither do I but a lot of people do. What tard boy failed to mention is that the game was a sellout.

j-6
11-03-2005, 11:48 AM
???

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28280

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
What a bunch of a-holes!

It's a fallacious argument to begin with. San Antonio had the opportunity to show what it can do for at least one, well-organized NFL game and it sold out the building. The Spurs sold out their building. They are two entirely different matters, but if you're going to look at one Spurs game and say that SA doesn't fully support the Spurs, you can't ignore the one Saints game as proof that SA will support football.

But more than that, what is with this irrational hatred towards the City of San Antonio. I still can't get past the fact that it was perfectly okay in NOLA for that city to pursue the Spurs, but when the City of San Antonio is engaged by the Saints owner in conversations concerning relocation, it's an unpardonable sin for SA to reciprocate. I was pissed in 1999 that NOLA pursued the Spurs, but it didn't leave me hating that city and its citizens.

Are these guys going to start camping out at Louis Armstrong International and cursing people getting off flights from San Antonio? I'm surprised they haven't started some sort of "You're a bunch of looters" ad campaign around this city.

samikeyp
11-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Shhh! Don't give them any ideas! :lol

PeterBurns
11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Honest Question, because I don't actually remember.
How long did we have to sell tickets from the time the game was moved here to kickoff?

Does anyone remember exactly?

Thanks.

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2005, 02:05 PM
The game was officially announced sometime after week 1 of the NFL season and the Buffalo game was played in Week 4, meaning it that was definitely less than 3 weeks from announcement to kickoff. My recollection is that ticket sales started several days after the announcment was made. I can try to track down precise dates.

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Games in SA were announced 9/11 or 9/12 -- here's a link to the Houston Chronicle's story:Link (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/chronicle/3350620)

Tickets for all three games went on sale on 9/13 -- NOLA link (http://www.nola.com/newslogs/breakingtp/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/2005_09_13.html)

And the Buffalo game kicked off on October 2.

PeterBurns
11-03-2005, 02:30 PM
So 3 weeks.
So basically we get bashed for selling nearly 60,000 tix in 3 weeks, let's see what they can do for the Chicago game with 2 months head notice.

Would that be a fair measuring test or not?
Your thoughts?

FromWayDowntown
11-03-2005, 03:03 PM
So 3 weeks.
So basically we get bashed for selling nearly 60,000 tix in 3 weeks, let's see what they can do for the Chicago game with 2 months head notice.

Would that be a fair measuring test or not?
Your thoughts?

I think that the dynamics of every situation are different. That's why I think it's bogus for them to point to a Spurs game as evidence that San Antonio couldn't/wouldn't support an NFL team.

Nevertheless, I think if you wanted evidence that the Saints would find more support in SA than they did in NOLA or Baton Rouge, I'd use the Buffalo game as evidence of that.

The more telling evidence will be what SA does with that NO/DET game in December. Bad game, bad teams, bad time, but if SA still sells tickets with several months' notice, I don't think anyone can genuinely say that SA can't support an NFL team, whether its the Saints or someone else.

McKenzie
11-03-2005, 03:13 PM
They seem to be just hating on us in any area. The are equal opportunity smack talkers. Pretty soon they should start in on Shamu's shows.

hicksi
11-03-2005, 03:17 PM
They seem to be just hating on us in any area. The are equal opportunity smack talkers. Pretty soon they should start in on Shamu's shows.
Woo Hoo...
What does Shamu show?

Shiner Bock Girl
11-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah because the Spurs were up by double digits and the game was over....What a tard. Yet he claims to be a Spurs fan...yet another lie. How desperate of him.

I told you he was a punk, and is only on Saintsreport to make himself look like a hero. What a loser....Maybe they don't have enough brains to check the news and hear the word SELLOUT from the spurs game...Oh wait a minute, why would they know that word being the Hornets can barley sell 8,000 ppl in their ownNOLA stadium, but amazing how they sell out 19,000 on OKC...LOL....Now thats embarrassing...I guess the poor darlings are jealous of our spurs also....It hurts i'm sure seeing winning cities when your own is such a LOSER... :owned

j-6
11-03-2005, 03:51 PM
I told you he was a punk, and is only on Saintsreport to make himself look like a hero. What a loser....Maybe they don't have enough brains to check the news and hear the word SELLOUT from the spurs game...Oh wait a minute, why would they know that word being the Hornets can barley sell 8,000 ppl in their ownNOLA stadium, but amazing how they sell out 19,000 on OKC...LOL....Now thats embarrassing...I guess the poor darlings are jealous of our spurs also....It hurts i'm sure seeing winning cities when your own is such a LOSER... :owned

:rolleyes

You stay classy, San Antonio.

http://www.nrk.no/img/430189.jpeg

tgrgrd00
11-03-2005, 03:54 PM
It hurts i'm sure seeing winning cities when your own is such a LOSER... :owned

It's easy to kick people when they are down isn't it?

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing how much you are helping your neighbors by calling them LOSERS in their biggest time of need? I can assure you that your words are very encouraging and productive.

For being such huge losers we sure have something that your city wants pretty badly...hmm wonder why SA is so desperate for an NFL team?

Is it because it hurts seeing winning cities like Dallas and Houston with NFL teams and you don't have one? Does it make you feel like a loser?

Shiner Bock Girl
11-03-2005, 04:14 PM

Oh yeah, like i'm sure your pathetic board is sooo classy....Actually i meant this for the Saintsresport trash...If you want to take up for them, thats your choice, but we have our own opinions...If that makes me classless, then bring it on baby!!!! :elephant :elephant

Shiner Bock Girl
11-03-2005, 04:19 PM

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing how much you are helping your neighbors by calling them LOSERS in their biggest time of need? I can assure you that your words are very encouraging and productive.

For being such huge losers we sure have something that your city wants pretty badly...hmm wonder why SA is so desperate for an NFL team?

Is it because it hurts seeing winning cities like Dallas and Houston with NFL teams and you don't have one? Does it make you feel like a loser?

Here we go again with the pity remarks...I seem to remember your saintsreport trash bringing up the spurs first and as usual posting lies like the SBC stadium was HALF EMPTY when you ppl could not even fill the stadium of the Hornets before the hurricane.......That is sad....YOu can dish it out but you can't take it huh??????

Shiner Bock Girl
11-03-2005, 04:26 PM

Actually iam a diehard Houston Texans fan since they came to Houston, and even though they may be losers to others, i still support them wholeheartly and DO NOT feel like a loser supporting them...If the Saints were here, i'd support my city like i do my Spurs....

j-6
11-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, like i'm sure your pathetic board is sooo classy....Actually i meant this for the Saintsresport trash...If you want to take up for them, thats your choice, but we have our own opinions...If that makes me classless, then bring it on baby!!!! :elephant :elephant

I'm not taking up for the saintsreport.com people. They got their own forum to say whatever they want to say about whatever subject they want to bring up.

What irritates me is watching formerly sane San Antonians talk irritating classless shit to Gulf Coast people that might be losing their team because of the Saints owner using the biggest natural disaster in recent American history as an excuse to move his franchise. It's almost as bad as trying to jump into bed with a crook like Benson in a pre-emptive fashion like SA's mayor did.

San Antonio has the classiest team in the NBA and some of the classiest fans as well. If you can't own up to that standard when it comes to Katrina's devastation and the Saints, then I pity you and both of your dancing pink elephants.

Shiner Bock Girl
11-03-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm not taking up for the saintsreport.com people. They got their own forum to say whatever they want to say about whatever subject they want to bring up.

What irritates me is watching formerly sane San Antonians talk irritating classless shit to Gulf Coast people that might be losing their team because of the Saints owner using the biggest natural disaster in recent American history as an excuse to move his franchise. It's almost as bad as trying to jump into bed with a crook like Benson in a pre-emptive fashion like SA's mayor did.

San Antonio has the classiest team in the NBA and some of the classiest fans as well. If you can't own up to that standard when it comes to Katrina's devastation and the Saints, then I pity you and both of your dancing pink elephants.

SA has done more then their share for the Katrina victims...And i pity the ones who are more concerned about the loss to their homes and rebuilding, getting jobs, then iam those who are MORE concerned about getting their team back...ALL NFL owners look at money, and Benson is going to do the same, whether he finds it in his and the teams best interest to return back to NOLA, or leave to a more lucrative city....Its called business whether any of us like it or not....Don't pity me because i don't need it...My opinion is what it is, MINE...Not to mention many who share the same....The devastion to Katrina should be directed towards rebuilding, not football their first priority, and we're classless????? Yeah, right!!!

Shiner Bock Girl
11-03-2005, 07:53 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/frankopinions.33259038

LOLLLL, your awesome dude!!!!!!

PeterBurns
11-03-2005, 07:56 PM

I just fell out of my chair!!!!!

redskinfan
11-03-2005, 08:52 PM
shiner bock girl is hot when she's pissed!!!

TheWriter
11-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Anyone have a link to that thread?

exstatic
11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Fans of N.O. sports teams really shouldn't throw stones at any other teams regarding attendance. Well, OK, the AZ Cardinals are fair game.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2005, 10:18 AM
A few things.

1. Even your fellow San Antonians admit that Spurs fans are lukewarm at times. It has come up time and time again. There is _no_ denying that.

2. The Spurs games are sellouts largely because of corporate support. That doesn't mean the seats are full. They clearly were not on Tuesday. I watched the entire game. I know.

3. San Antonio didn't sell out it's first football game ever. Period. You talk about the three weeks notice and whatnot, but how about all of the issues Baton Rouge faced? Those were 10x the "issues" that San Antonio faced. For a city bound and determined to get NFL football at any cost, that Bills game sure was a poor showing.

4. Don't use the Falcons game as "proof". For one, 1/4 of the Alamodome was going for the Birds. I was there. Benson gave away 8,000 tickets to that game at the end to guarantee a sellout. If he had done the same for Baton Rouge it would have been 70,000 tickets.

The bottom line is that you guys attack New Orleans fans constantly. The Spurs and Saints are both around #10 in their respective leagues historically. Compare the quality of the two products and the corporate support they do and don't get, and it's pretty obvious that you guys have no room to talk shit. You know what they say about glass houses and all.

PeterBurns
11-04-2005, 10:21 AM
A few things.

1. Even your fellow San Antonians admit that Spurs fans are lukewarm at times. It has come up time and time again. There is _no_ denying that.

2. The Spurs games are sellouts largely because of corporate support. That doesn't mean the seats are full. They clearly were not on Tuesday. I watched the entire game. I know.

3. San Antonio didn't sell out it's first football game ever. Period. You talk about the three weeks notice and whatnot, but how about all of the issues Baton Rouge faced? Those were 10x the "issues" that San Antonio faced. For a city bound and determined to get NFL football at any cost, that Bills game sure was a poor showing.

4. Don't use the Falcons game as "proof". For one, 1/4 of the Alamodome was going for the Birds. I was there. Benson gave away 8,000 tickets to that game at the end to guarantee a sellout. If he had done the same for Baton Rouge it would have been 70,000 tickets.

The bottom line is that you guys attack New Orleans fans constantly. The Spurs and Saints are both around #10 in their respective leagues historically. Compare the quality of the two products and the corporate support they do and don't get, and it's pretty obvious that you guys have no room to talk shit. You know what they say about glass houses and all.

http://www.cheapwax4u.com/acatalog/060501123455.jpg

McKenzie
11-04-2005, 10:49 AM
A few things.

Wrong. We don't attack fans. You guys at SR.com started hammering San Antonio as soon as the Saints came here. We were accused of being looters when in fact, all we did was sit here and watch the team arrive of their own accord. That's what started this shit. Saints fans getting bent because the team arrived here, looked at footage of home, realized the hopelessness of returning home anytime soon, and set up as best they could to finish the season. They are welcome to stay as long as they need to. They have a business to run. Many Gulf Coast fans have failed to understand the situation. They've become rabid over the issue. Not logical. 2 months later, here we are.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2005, 10:53 AM
McKensie... most did not get upset until the mayor started getting his little hardon for the Saints and acted with a complete and total lack of class.

Before you say "he's just trying to run a city", look no further than Oklahoma City and the Hornets. Nobody that I know has any ill-will towards them even though they are in the exact same situation. Hell, they've even put "Oklahoma City" on the jerseys. Are they secretly pulling for the Hornets to move to OKC? Probably. Are they openly rooting for it, trashing Louisiana's support of them, and being jackasses in general? No. That's why the perception of the two is completely different.

I actually supported San Antonio in the beginning. I even defended the city against several of the people who prematurely got on to S.A.'s case (the minority). But after watching the way the mayor, city leaders, and newspaper shamelessly went after the team, I changed my tune.

PeterBurns
11-04-2005, 11:01 AM

Remind me what NBA basketball Arena's attendance for 41 games has to do with 8 NFL Games here in San Antonio?

So if the game is a sell out, and Peter Holt couldn't make it to the game, he is not a true Spurs fan? Again, WTF does that have to do with a NFL games? And why does this continue to be a point regarding ticket sales for 8 games.

3. San Antonio didn't sell out it's first football game ever. Period. You talk about the three weeks notice and whatnot, but how about all of the issues Baton Rouge faced? Those were 10x the "issues" that San Antonio faced. For a city bound and determined to get NFL football at any cost, that Bills game sure was a poor showing

Do you really want to get owned on this topic again?
Ask yourself. Get your right hand off the mouse, your left hand off yourself, and ponder...DO I REALLY WANT TO GET OWNED ON THIS TOPIC AGAIN. The Choice is Yours.

Attacking and Replying are 2 different things.
And you got it wrong punk.
They line for you should be.....

You Shouldn't Throw Stone's If You Live In A Glass House.
But IF You Got A Glass Jaw, you should watch your mouth.......

Loose Cannon
11-04-2005, 11:04 AM
You haven't owned shit. Just because you claim it doesn't make it true.

The Spurs are relevant because some of you continue to attack the New Orleans fan base, when yours could be called "average" at best.

I've given numbers. You've given huge fonts and smileys. Show me where I'm wrong on my attendance figures. Bonus points if you can do it logically without using the word "owned" or a big font.

PeterBurns
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
You haven't owned shit. Just because you claim it doesn't make it true.

Funny, I guess you don't like a taste of your own medicine....Just remember. A Spoonful of Sugar will help it go down.....

The Spurs are relevant because some of you continue to attack the New Orleans fan base, when yours could be called "average" at best.

So I guess the Astro's should fold. Like with you, I SAW ON TV that some games had empty seats. Wow, I guess that Houston can't support a team either.

I've given numbers. You've given huge fonts and smileys. Show me where I'm wrong on my attendance figures. Bonus points if you can do it logically without using the word "owned" or a big font.

OKAY BIG BOY.

YOU BELIEVE THAT THE TEAM SHOULD STAY IN BATON ROUGE/NEW ORLEANS.
LET'S MAKE A FRIENDLY WAGER.

I'LL TAKE TICKETS SOLD IN 3 WEEKS TO THE BILLS GAME AGAINST TICKETS SOLD TO THE BEARS GAME IN YOUR FAVORITE HOME OF THE SAINTS BATON ROUGE......I'LL SPOT YOU 5,000.

WHAT'S THE WAGER...........

Loose Cannon
11-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I already said that I don't think the Bears game will sell well at all.

And I've already said that anything else Baton Rouge sells is lagniappe.

The team is not Baton Rouge's. The fact that they outsold both San Antonio games (note the world _sold_, does not count tickets given away) for even one game is amazing. There is no corporate support in Baton Rouge nor is Benson giving handouts like he did in San Antonio. The Bears game has little to no relevance in the grand scheme of things.

If you want to bet, let's make a relevant one.

I'll bet you anything you're willing to put up that San Antonio's three game attendance average does not beat New Orleans' all time attendance average.

You even have an advantage. This is San Antonio's "proving ground". New Orleans has had the team for 39 years and been through some marginal seasons, some shitty seasons, and some even shittier seasons.

Let's do it.

PeterBurns
11-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I already said that I don't think the Bears game will sell well at all.

And I've already said that anything else Baton Rouge sells is lagniappe.

The team is not Baton Rouge's. The fact that they outsold both San Antonio games (note the world _sold_, does not count tickets given away) for even one game is amazing. There is no corporate support in Baton Rouge nor is Benson giving handouts like he did in San Antonio. The Bears game has little to no relevance in the grand scheme of things.

If you want to bet, let's make a relevant one.

I'll bet you anything you're willing to put up that San Antonio's three game attendance average does not beat New Orleans' all time attendance average.

You even have an advantage. This is San Antonio's "proving ground". New Orleans has had the team for 39 years and been through some marginal seasons, some shitty seasons, and some even shittier seasons.

Let's do it.

Watch the setup....

I'm not going to make a wager on that. If you gave me the entire slate of games, then we'd be on, but if only given 3 weeks for the 1st event, and having months go by until the next. It's not a relevant one.

We have been caught up in the going back and forth so much that I forget you stance on where the Saints should play next year Loose?

What's your take? The 2006 Season?

Loose Cannon
11-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Wow. You trapped me. Har. You sir, are an intellectual mastermind.

I honestly don't care where they play the first four games. In October the Superdome should be ready to go. They can play the first 3-4 games in Timbuktu for all I care. As long as they go home in the end.

dknights411
11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
In all due honesty, using the Miami game as proof for BR attendence is weak. I mean the Falcons game sold out (including the giveaways, which had to be bought in the first place) mainly due to Michael Vick. And let's be honest folks, Nick Saben's return to Baton Rouge was the reason why the first Baton Rouge game sold so well (even though over 16,000 seats went unsold). So the arguement of BR "outselling" San Antonio for ONE game is pretty weak.

Also, you're arguement about corporate support being the main reason why the Spurs sell out seems incomplete. From what I've heard, the Spurs put MORE tickets available for the public than the average NBA team. And as for "lukewarm" support at the games, that wasn't the case during the playoffs. It's hard to get the same response from a crowd in the regular season than in the playoffs. Granted we may not be THE rowdiest fans in the NBA, but we do know how to have a good time.

But in all due honesty, this whole thrashing on San Antonio is REALLY getting old. If you want to diss us or criticize us, our mayor, or our city, do it on Saintsreport.com, not here. If Tom Benson wants to bail out of NOLA, that's his problem, and ultimatley it's hi descision. Maybe he is ripping the hearts out of New Orleanians on purpose, maybe he is making very tough busiess decision. It's not gonna make thing better by bitching about it all the time. The last thing this board needs is a San Antonio/Baton Rouge flame war. Personally, I would be thrilled to see an NFL team here, but it's not gonna break my heart if the Saints don't come here after all.

FromWayDowntown
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I think the comparison of San Antonio and Oklahoma City is ridiculous. Yes, each has received a displaced team. The comparison ends there.

San Antonio's open flirtation with the Saints began only after Commissioner Tagliabue said directly that the NFL has no intention of having a team in San Antonio. And then, the wooing was sparked not by the city leaders in San Antonio deciding to approach Benson, but by Benson having already approached city leaders.

Let's see: a guy who owns an NFL franchise has suggested that he would like to move his team (a luctrative economic entity) into your community. You have desired an NFL team. The commissioner of the NFL has said that you're not going to get a team on his watch. I guess San Antonio was supposed to just roll over at that point and say, "oh well, at least we've been teased with football." Give me a break.

When Tagliabue called SA a small market, the city leaders were rightfully indignant (even if wrong) and, I think, validly sought to prove him wrong. When ticket sales for games in San Antonio (which, again, had no prior relationship with the Saints and very, very few Saints fans) were better than expected (even if not a sellout) and eventually topped the percentage sales in Baton Rouge, I think the city leaders had the right to send a message that Tagliabue was simply wrong in his characterizations of the City -- that this City can and will support an NFL team. Again, why is that contemptable?

And given that course of events, coupled with New Orleans attempts to lure the Spurs from this City, why on Earth is it wrong for us to protect our own interests in the same way that other cities have? The contempt for the entire city of San Antonio is absurd.

Loose Cannon
11-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Here's another reason why SA is so despised.

Everyone knows L.A. is a much bigger threat than San Antonio at this point.

Yet:

And finally, Los Angeles officials don't want to be seen as the vultures who swooped in on a bad situation and stole away the carcass of a franchise in distress.

"It clearly would be bad form ... to reach out to New Orleans or to anyone who is in distress," said Bill Chadwick, the president of the Los Angeles Coliseum Commission.

Compare this to Hardberger and San Antonio's stance. Night and day. Class/classless.

PS. Again, the reason I brought up Spurs attendance was because of the trashing of Louisiana's support of the Saints on this board. See the "fan support in BR" thread. I didn't come here and just start digging on Spurs fans. I am one. But it's tough for me to sit here and watch fans who put up 10th in the league historically for one of the best teams of the past decade trash fans who have put up 10th historically for the second worst team in NFL history. Just not right.

FromWayDowntown
11-04-2005, 01:27 PM
PS. Again, the reason I brought up Spurs attendance was because of the trashing of Louisiana's support of the Saints on this board. See the "fan support in BR" thread. I didn't come here and just start digging on Spurs fans. I am one. But it's tough for me to sit here and watch fans who put up 10th in the league historically for one of the best teams of the past decade trash fans who have put up 10th historically for the second worst team in NFL history. Just not right.

I've not seen the numbers you're referring to, but I'm curious about what they represent. Do your numbers reflect total attendance as a gross number averaged over a number of home appearances? or do they reflect attendance as a percentage of seats available at the venue? I would think those numbers would be very different for both the Spurs and the Saints and that gross numbers would be a rather imprecise means for measuring support.

PeterBurns
11-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Everyone knows L.A. is a much bigger threat than San Antonio at this point.

EXACTLY, Loose.
That's the point from day one with me.
I would like the team in San Antonio for the 2006 Season. Again, after that, it depends on if New Orleans is back to a position where it can support it.

If the city can support it for the 2007 season. Fine, the PR is better, the city gets it's team back, and hopefully the NFL helps with building a new stadium, or helping the state put a team there.

But, where you and I have differed has been where they should play in 2006.
I say San Antonio, and yet, you and others have claimed Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

You yourself, state that Baton Rouge ticket sales will dwindle and that New Orleans can't support it because of the dire circumstances. Is that going to change enough in 6 months. No, 2 Years perhaps, but not 6 months.

If a Saints fan really thought about it, he should probably pull for San Antonio for 2006. Because if something happens, and Saints fans/etc lobby against San Antonio and New Orleans/Baton Rouge is not an option. Guess where the team goes.....LA.

And if it goes to LA, Game Set Match.

So, how about the compromise.
We get the Saints for 2006, while New Orleans rebuilds. If it can handle the team with the help of the NFL for 2007, then it should move back. If not, then let Benson take it where he wants.

Marcus Bryant
11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
So we're supposed to feel bad about all the people who lost everything in New Orleans and worry about their well-being while a couple of jackasses worry about losing a damn football team? Get your priorities straight and stop your fucking whining. Your town is gone. People have died. Your neighbors have lost everything. If pro sports means that much to you you are one sad motherfucker.

j-6
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
So we're supposed to feel bad about all the people who lost everything in New Orleans and worry about their well-being while a couple of jackasses worry about losing a damn football team? Get your priorities straight and stop your fucking whining. Your town is gone. People have died. Your neighbors have lost everything. If pro sports means that much to you you are one sad motherfucker.

Of course, there's no problem for those people openly lusting over the prospect of a football team moving to San Antonio, led by their duly elected leader, even at the expense of a devastated region that has shown that they still want the team.

Marcus Bryant
11-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Absolutely.

tgrgrd00
11-04-2005, 05:06 PM

Couldn't almost the same thing be said about S.A.?

Our town is gone, people have died, some people lost everything and our pro sports team means so much to S.A. that they have to openly pursue said team. If a pro sports team means that much to you then you are a sad motherfucker.

I will post the link to the study again about how important the Saints are to the N.O. area. I don't see how people criticize N.O. for wanting to keep their team regardless of what has happened. Read the study and understand.

This is why most people in NO are concerned about the Saints (http://www.neworleanssaints.com/docs/02noseconimpact-cover_summary.doc)

Oh and don't forget that we are trying to re-build which in essence means put things back how they were. This would include the N.O. Saints being a part of the city.

PeterBurns
11-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Personally, again, as much as I would like to see an NFL team, I believe that if possible the team should relocate to NO by 2007 or 2008.

We shouldn't criticize anybody, especially those in the region. The one's I have a problem with are those that claim that San Antonio is trying to steal the team over the graves of the dead. Those are the people that are misguided.

tgrgrd00
11-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Personally, again, as much as I would like to see an NFL team, I believe that if possible the team should relocate to NO by 2007 or 2008.

We shouldn't criticize anybody, especially those in the region. The one's I have a problem with are those that claim that San Antonio is trying to steal the team over the graves of the dead. Those are the people that are misguided.

How so? The mayor of SA made public comments regarding permanent relocation of the team to SA before all of the dead were even recovered. Shoot over 100 have not even been identified yet. I don't see how this perception is misguided.