PDA

View Full Version : Sam Amick "The Spurs Have Been Exploring The [Trade] Market For DeRozan"

cd021
01-12-2020, 08:28 AM
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-trade-rumors-spurs-have-been-exploring-the-market-for-demar-derozan/

The Spurs have been exploring the market for DeMar DeRozan, but a source with knowledge of his situation is quick to point out that the free-agent-to-be has a significant influence on the situation here too.

He could threaten to opt out if he doesn't like the team he'd be traded too. Its hard to see him opting out given that most of the teams with cap in the off-season are rebuilding.

cd021
01-12-2020, 09:04 AM
Kinda of hoping for a deal with the Magic: DeRozan and Belinelli for Gordon, Augustine, and a lottery protected pick (currently the 17th pick)

Dejounte
01-12-2020, 09:25 AM
What a useless article. It says this below that:

Meanwhile, there remains the possibility that he could sign an extension to remain in San Antonio (I reported in October that the sides were far apart, but those talks aren’t dead). With the Spurs somehow still in position to set a new NBA record by securing their 23rd consecutive playoff berth, DeRozan is leading the team in scoring (21.7 points per game) and assists (4.9 per).

dbestpro
01-12-2020, 09:27 AM
We need to see Walker 30 plus minutes per game before trading DDR.

Dverde
01-12-2020, 10:07 AM
Problem is our front office always wants too much to make trades happen.

SpursDynasty85
01-12-2020, 10:42 AM
What a useless article. It says this below that:

Meanwhile, there remains the possibility that he could sign an extension to remain in San Antonio (I reported in October that the sides were far apart, but those talks aren’t dead). With the Spurs somehow still in position to set a new NBA record by securing their 23rd consecutive playoff berth, DeRozan is leading the team in scoring (21.7 points per game) and assists (4.9 per).

With Derozan's one year player option that possibility has to be on the table should he decide to opt in. Instead if we can sign him to a team friendly longer contract mext year's trade value for DeRozan might go up.

apalisoc_9
01-12-2020, 11:05 AM
Perfect.

More Minutes for Bryn.

FkLA
01-12-2020, 11:55 AM
:pop: Sorry DeMar, your new deal will get in the way of Brent's new deal. He's too wonderful to part with.

TimDunkem
01-12-2020, 11:56 AM
:pop: Sorry DeMar, your new deal will get in the way of Brent's new deal. He's too wonderful to part with.

I seriously fear this if DD is moved or walks in FA.

cd021
01-12-2020, 12:14 PM
DDR has been legit good this season, and the Spurs are basically tied for 8th in the West. I'd be shocked if PATFO traded DeRozan but its worth taking a look around.

Mugen
01-12-2020, 12:19 PM
I think PATFO and a sizable chunk of the local fanbase have demonstrated that they are more than satisfied with low playoff seeds and a 1st round exit. :lol

Close to 0% chance the FO is smart enough to make a move tbh.

bluebellmaniac
01-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Spurs Marketing has plans for a press release for a big announcement on Wed. Will update with more details as my sources find out.

DPG21920
01-12-2020, 01:47 PM
This sucks. This stretch was good enough to keep Sa with a losing record but still in the 8th spot. But PATFO knows they can’t invest in this team to try and improve and won’t make a trade to go the other way.

So neutral it is.

Sugus
01-12-2020, 01:48 PM
It's the good Amick making the report... Interesting. I still don't think a trade is likely but the fact that he's being shopped is a good sign. Getting rid of DeMar would ensure a better draft pick, and if LMA keeps improving that 3-ball game he's also a valuable asset on a not-so-large contract. Will the FO pull the trigger?

slick'81
01-12-2020, 02:40 PM
Like i said derozan holds all the power with that player option. Unless its a team he wants to go to not much will probably be offered for a percieved rental.The time to move him was last season

JeffDuncan
01-12-2020, 03:11 PM
Like i said derozan holds all the power with that player option. Unless its a team he wants to go to not much will probably be offered for a percieved rental.The time to move him was last season

What do you mean by "rental?" Any team that has him could offer him a contract.

Or do you mean the Spurs would only trade him to a team he doesn't like? What makes you think so?

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-12-2020, 03:22 PM
What do you mean by "rental?" Any team that has him could offer him a contract.

Or do you mean the Spurs would only trade him to a team he doesn't like? What makes you think so?

Well unless that team is willing to give him the max ( like the Tobias Harris deal from last year ), then he might as well be a rental because he can sign for any team he wants in the summer. He's not picking up that option and he will get paid, especially in such a bad FA summer. All of this decreases his trade value.

JeffDuncan
01-12-2020, 03:42 PM
Well unless that team is willing to give him the max ( like the Tobias Harris deal from last year ), then he might as well be a rental because he can sign for any team he wants in the summer. ...

A player not under contract can sign for any team. So what?

He's not picking up that option and he will get paid, especially in such a bad FA summer. All of this decreases his trade value.

Yeah, players get paid to play. And?

Your theory is that it decreases a player's trade value when he wants to be paid for playing. Lol

(Hint: they all expect to be paid. In fact, it's a legal requirement.)

The question I asked stands. Why do you imagine the Spurs would only trade DDR to a team he doesn't want to play for?

Chillen
01-12-2020, 04:53 PM
This is looking more and more like the Spurs should have taken the Lakers deal instead of Raptors for Kawhi. Ingram, Ball around is better than getting peanuts for DeMar.

UZER
01-12-2020, 05:01 PM
This is looking more and more like the Spurs should have taken the Lakers deal instead of Raptors for Kawhi. Ingram, Ball around is better than getting peanuts for DeMar.

They would’ve been in the G league getting over themselves and paying their dues.

:pop:

cd021
01-12-2020, 05:28 PM

To be fair, Ingram was a really bad NBA during his first 2 seasons, it was hard to see him not being a bust.

Genovaswitness
01-12-2020, 05:57 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1216064892567990280

How much better can this cat play? As well as he is playing this team is still only .500 poverty ball over the last 10 games. Trust in that POP is behind this little tweet by the organization. It's him putting that 4 Sale sign up to see who bites.

There was another post comparing him to Tim Duncan over a stretch. Yeah, but the Spurs weren't any .500 poverty ball during that stretch. You best believe that.

NOTHING in this organization happens with out the Old Man's consent and for a REASON. The worst was that NBA "bryn forbes leading the spurs with a CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER" where he APPEARS in the damned thing. :lmao:lmao

https://youtu.be/iJAhp8DnKds

You all KNOW but you DON't Wanna Know...

truth nuke. team is fucking garbage with him anyway

KobesAchilles
01-12-2020, 06:04 PM
I still say Detroit is a possibility as well as the Bulls tbh. I can see them convincing themselves that a Lavine DeRozan pair would be a good pitch to AD

exstatic
01-12-2020, 07:03 PM

People need to stop repeating this shit. Even Magic came out and said that was never the offer. The offer was Kuz, Hart, and a pick.

cd021
01-12-2020, 07:08 PM
I still say Detroit is a possibility as well as the Bulls tbh. I can see them convincing themselves that a Lavine DeRozan pair would be a good pitch to AD

If Detroit weren't shopping Drummond, then I would be higher on them. They are also 4.5 games back of eighth and the Spurs will likely demand a 1st back for DeRozan and I don't think Detroit would give up a lottery pick to get him.

Otto Porter and a 1st would make sense but Porter has been injured for most of this season and Chicago is as a far back as Detroit is. Spurs probably aren't getting a lottery pick back for DDR.

Orlando remains as the best trade partner. Gordon, Augustine and their 1st rounder (currently 17th) for DeRozan and Belinelli works

tmtcsc
01-12-2020, 07:45 PM

Who the hell is Brent? Do you mean Benji, # 11?

CGD
01-12-2020, 08:02 PM
If Detroit weren't shopping Drummond, then I would be higher on them. They are also 4.5 games back of eighth and the Spurs will likely demand a 1st back for DeRozan and I don't think Detroit would give up a lottery pick to get him.

Otto Porter and a 1st would make sense but Porter has been injured for most of this season and Chicago is as a far back as Detroit is. Spurs probably aren't getting a lottery pick back for DDR.

Orlando remains as the best trade partner. Gordon, Augustine and their 1st rounder (currently 17th) for DeRozan and Belinelli works

Agree re DET, they’re punting on the season with Griffin out and now their willingness to move Drummond. Bulls seem interesting, but I have no clue what their plans are these days.

tbdog
01-12-2020, 08:11 PM
People need to stop repeating this shit. Even Magic came out and said that was never the offer. The offer was Kuz, Hart, and a pick.

You forgot about the two time allstar Deng.

Mr. Body
01-12-2020, 08:14 PM

Lol, this idiocy will never die.

tholdren
01-12-2020, 08:48 PM

Its spurs talk. The amount of trolling is grade a

RC_Drunkford
01-12-2020, 09:11 PM

that's actually better than Ingram and Ball :lmao

DPG21920
01-12-2020, 09:16 PM
A player not under contract can sign for any team. So what?

Yeah, players get paid to play. And?

Your theory is that it decreases a player's trade value when he wants to be paid for playing. Lol

(Hint: they all expect to be paid. In fact, it's a legal requirement.)

The question I asked stands. Why do you imagine the Spurs would only trade DDR to a team he doesn't want to play for?

What? You either aren’t reading what they said or have a great mis-understanding.

The reason the trade value is lower is because if a team gives up assets for DeRozan, he opts out and then signs with another team they gave up assets for nothing.

So the fact that it’s DeRozan that controls that outcome and not the team hurts his trade value.

Would you give up assets for something you don’t know you can keep after just 4 months? If a team trades for him they better be willing to pay him the max or else they have a very slim chance of keeping him.

cjw
01-12-2020, 09:18 PM
A lot of folks around here forget that the only way some teams have a chance to keep him long term is via bird rights because they have no path to substantial cap space. That’s value in a trade.

FkLA
01-12-2020, 09:20 PM
Who the hell is Brent? Do you mean Benji, # 11?

Yeah, that Forms guy that belongs in the g-league, tbh.

RC_Drunkford
01-12-2020, 09:27 PM
A lot of folks around here forget that the only way some teams have a chance to keep him long term is via bird rights because they have no path to substantial cap space. That’s value in a trade.

A lot of people here also forget that most teams won't have any cap space, so if some of them are interested they could do a sign and trade

DMC
01-12-2020, 10:52 PM
It could rain this week, or sunshine, perhaps some cloud cover and wind from one direction and maybe changing to another direction sometime in the week. Chance of precipitation is between 0 and about 99%. Temperatures in the double digits possible.

JeffDuncan
01-12-2020, 11:56 PM
What? You either aren’t reading what they said or have a great mis-understanding. ...

You are either stupid or illiterate.

Answer my question - if you can read it. What makes you think the Spurs would only trade DDR to a team he doesn't want to play for?

Answer that question. If you can read it.

The reason the trade value is lower is because if a team gives up assets for DeRozan, he opts out and then signs with another team they gave up assets for nothing.

Answer the question above. If you can read it.

Then answer this question, also: do you understand that whoever the Spurs might trade DDR for will not be obligated to play for the Spurs in perpetuity?

Are you able to understand that?

Do you understand the implications of that? Answer the question.

How are you going to do this trade that only involves DDR and nobody else? Spunky.

Okay, the Spurs trade DDR for Joe Doe, and DDR doesn't re-sign with the team to which he was traded, and Joe doesn't re-sign with the Spurs, therefore you say both teams have ended up with "nothing" so they shouldn't have made the trade.

You are a moron.

There aren't any perpetual contracts, spunky.

You didn't even realize that in talking about trading DDR it implied another player, did you?

So the fact that it’s DeRozan that controls that outcome and not the team hurts his trade value.

You think it hurts a player's trade value that he expects to be paid. Which means that all the players in the league are hurting their trade value, by expecting to be paid. And you really believe that.

Would you give up assets for something you don’t know you can keep after just 4 months? ...

Would you trade for a player who might ruin a knee tomorrow night?

Answer that question, spunky. No, don't wet your pants, and squeal, and change the subject, and run away. Answer that question.

The whole business is full of risks, spunky.

If a team trades for him they better be willing to pay him the max or else they have a very slim chance of keeping him.

You are so mentally warped you think you're DDR's agent. Lol

phxspurfan
01-13-2020, 12:05 AM
Another one of these false hope articles. Seriously no one gives a fuck anymore. Just lose every game, win every game with Forbes shooting every shot who cares

Keepin' it real
01-13-2020, 12:42 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConsciousImportantBullfrog-small.gif

itzsoweezee
01-13-2020, 01:23 AM
Demar finally starts playing hard in hopes of getting traded to a different (contending) team. He is exactly the type of scrub that would pull that shit.

Chillen
01-13-2020, 02:02 AM

If DeMar played like he did vs Toronto tonight all the time than yes the trade was worth it.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-13-2020, 02:24 AM
What? You either aren’t reading what they said or have a great mis-understanding.

Would you give up assets for something you don’t know you can keep after just 4 months? If a team trades for him they better be willing to pay him the max or else they have a very slim chance of keeping him.

You have great patience :toast

cd021
01-13-2020, 04:04 AM

I don't think his trade value is lower because of the player option. He seems likely to opt in, giving the new team an extra season.

If he opts out then they would have bird rights to re-sign him. Given how the bad team's have much of the available cap space in the 2020 off season, they probably wouldn't want to spend it on him.

In other words, the team that trades for DDR would have a great shot at keeping him.

spurspl
01-13-2020, 09:50 AM
the deal was ingram hart and a pick - spurs denied bc they wanted 2-3picks more. At the beginning spurs wanted also kuz but he was untouchable and lakers were laughing all week i guess.
kuz>ingram so ur offer is much better
kuz>ingram>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>derozan
patfo screwed spurs much more than kawhi did, thats the truth

DPG21920
01-13-2020, 10:05 AM
I don't think his trade value is lower because of the player option. He seems likely to opt in, giving the new team an extra season.

If he opts out then they would have bird rights to re-sign him. Given how the bad team's have much of the available cap space in the 2020 off season, they probably wouldn't want to spend it on him.

In other words, the team that trades for DDR would have a great shot at keeping him.

This would not be the first time we’ve seen this general scenario arise in the nba. In every case, the value is always lower due to the situation.

Whether he opts in, or opts out, the team has zero control over that which is the point (risk). It’s not that a team that trades for him wouldn’t have a shot at keeping him (you are correct there); it’s that it is not for sure which adds risk and we just disagree that a team would not spend on DeRozan in free agency.

exstatic
01-13-2020, 10:12 AM
Demar finally starts playing hard in hopes of getting traded to a different (contending) team. He is exactly the type of scrub that would pull that shit.

The offense has been re-worked, with LMA on the perimeter, to get him room to operate down low. That's the change, not some increase in effort on his part.

exstatic
01-13-2020, 10:14 AM
A lot of people here also forget that most teams won't have any cap space, so if some of them are interested they could do a sign and trade

If the Spurs want to move on, they'll let him roll off rather than take out some other team's trash. Bird rights also no longer convey on a S&T.

Sugus
01-13-2020, 10:48 AM
the deal was ingram hart and a pick - spurs denied bc they wanted 2-3picks more. At the beginning spurs wanted also kuz but he was untouchable and lakers were laughing all week i guess.
kuz>ingram so ur offer is much better
kuz>ingram>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>derozan
patfo screwed spurs much more than kawhi did, thats the truth

I'm hoping you don't know the correct use of the >< signs, because that's an awful take otherwise. Kuzma is absolutely worse than Ingram, was at the time of the trade and more so even now. Beyond the Lakeshow circlejerk, Kuzma is an overrated bad shooter with lacking defensive effort/awareness, while Ingram looks close to stardom and is putting up 25ppg (not that it's the end all be all, but he's also posting nice stats elsewhere, his shot form has progressed and he's been on a constant uptrend scoring-wise every season of his career).

Obviously the untouchable one for Lakers at the time was Ingram, even though there was a report of a supposed package including him, but without picks iirc. And for the record I don't agree that either Kuzma or Ingram are better than DD right now, even though BI surely has the age/upside argument in his favor.

DJR210
01-13-2020, 11:06 AM
DDR has been legit good this season, and the Spurs are basically tied for 8th in the West. I'd be shocked if PATFO traded DeRozan but its worth taking a look around.

He's had some high scoring games this season, but tbh I can't recall another game besides yesterday's win where he either controlled the basketball and didn't turn it over, or made free throws in crunch time.

spurspl
01-13-2020, 11:13 AM
I'm hoping you don't know the correct use of the >< signs, because that's an awful take otherwise. Kuzma is absolutely worse than Ingram, was at the time of the trade and more so even now. Beyond the Lakeshow circlejerk, Kuzma is an overrated bad shooter with lacking defensive effort/awareness, while Ingram looks close to stardom and is putting up 25ppg (not that it's the end all be all, but he's also posting nice stats elsewhere, his shot form has progressed and he's been on a constant uptrend scoring-wise every season of his career).

Obviously the untouchable one for Lakers at the time was Ingram, even though there was a report of a supposed package including him, but without picks iirc. And for the record I don't agree that either Kuzma or Ingram are better than DD right now, even though BI surely has the age/upside argument in his favor.

in NOLA ingram is first score option, in LA kuz is third/fourth. thats the reason why ingram puts 20+ ppg and kuz plays under his potential.
No, kuz was untouchable. Go and read some articles about it.

tbdog
01-13-2020, 11:16 AM
I heard Ingram wasn't even on the table unless Spurs took Deng or something.

tbdog
01-13-2020, 11:17 AM
All you guys meddling over what raw average player you guys want. And here I am just enjoying DD playing at a high level.

RC_Drunkford
01-13-2020, 11:28 AM
If the Spurs want to move on, they'll let him roll off rather than take out some other team's trash. Bird rights also no longer convey on a S&T.

WTF do you need bird rights for if you sign him to a multi-year deal? Last time I checked the Clippers got Lou Williams and Montrez Harrell for CP3. I wouldn't call that return trash

exstatic
01-13-2020, 11:45 AM
He's had some high scoring games this season, but tbh I can't recall another game besides yesterday's win where he either controlled the basketball and didn't turn it over, or made free throws in crunch time.

The revamped offense give him more space to operate. That leads to fewer TOs.

exstatic
01-13-2020, 11:49 AM
WTF do you need bird rights for if you sign him to a multi-year deal? Last time I checked the Clippers got Lou Williams and Montrez Harrell for CP3. I wouldn't call that return trash

Because it's more money? Obvious Answers for 600, Alex... Kawhi lost $39M with no Bird rights on signing with the LAC. In the past, the agent would have pressured a S&T to get those Bird rights. It's to encourage players to re-sign with their clubs.

Oh, and Sweet Lou and Trez, while not inherently trash, is probably worse than what we got for our All NBA player. Not even close to an equal return on a certain HOF player who is leading the NBA in clutch stats this year on a team that most picked to nosedive.

Sugus
01-13-2020, 08:44 PM
in NOLA ingram is first score option, in LA kuz is third/fourth. thats the reason why ingram puts 20+ ppg and kuz plays under his potential.
No, kuz was untouchable. Go and read some articles about it.

Wow, I did some digging and it really was Kuzma the untouchable one. I stand corrected, and was misremembering - just another example of LOLakers missing out on a guaranteed ring with Nephew by stinging out on a 27th pick :lol

As for Kuz > Ingram it's arguably Ingram topping the show so far, and it doesn't have a lot to do with their roles on scoring: Ingram, two years younger, is posting better 3P%, eFG%, FT%, 3 more RBG and 4 more APG, more steals and blocks, and 12 more PPG than Kuzma; all of this with only a 5% difference in USG% (28.6 to 23). They're about equal in offensive rating but a 10 point difference for defensive (113 to 103DEFRTG) and higher TS% also favor Ingram.

Actually, after looking at the stats, I don't really see the argument for Kuzma beyond the hypothesis that he could improve in all categories by simply having more of the offense ran through him, which doesn't seem likely. I'd for sure want Ingram over DeRozan, but not Kuzma, tbh.

DJR210
01-13-2020, 11:24 PM
The revamped offense give him more space to operate. That leads to fewer TOs.

The guy will turn it over with nary a teammate around him

duncan2k5
01-14-2020, 07:01 AM

I'd still rather that...

RC_Drunkford
01-14-2020, 08:29 AM
Because it's more money? Obvious Answers for 600, Alex... Kawhi lost $39M with no Bird rights on signing with the LAC. In the past, the agent would have pressured a S&T to get those Bird rights. It's to encourage players to re-sign with their clubs.

Oh, and Sweet Lou and Trez, while not inherently trash, is probably worse than what we got for our All NBA player. Not even close to an equal return on a certain HOF player who is leading the NBA in clutch stats this year on a team that most picked to nosedive.

i was speaking from a franchise perspective. Not many teams can offer him a max and some teams who want that 3rd star might look into doing a S&T

poopbox
01-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Wow, I did some digging and it really was Kuzma the untouchable one. I stand corrected, and was misremembering - just another example of LOLakers missing out on a guaranteed ring with Nephew by stinging out on a 27th pick :lol

As for Kuz > Ingram it's arguably Ingram topping the show so far, and it doesn't have a lot to do with their roles on scoring: Ingram, two years younger, is posting better 3P%, eFG%, FT%, 3 more RBG and 4 more APG, more steals and blocks, and 12 more PPG than Kuzma; all of this with only a 5% difference in USG% (28.6 to 23). They're about equal in offensive rating but a 10 point difference for defensive (113 to 103DEFRTG) and higher TS% also favor Ingram.

Actually, after looking at the stats, I don't really see the argument for Kuzma beyond the hypothesis that he could improve in all categories by simply having more of the offense ran through him, which doesn't seem likely. I'd for sure want Ingram over DeRozan, but not Kuzma, tbh.

Pretty sure the only reason Kuzma was untouchable is because I believe that is the guy the spurs were targeting in the draft instead of Derrick White...

So the lakers were just not going to give the spurs the player they wanted, not that they actually thought he was better than ingram, which he isn't...

And the Spurs were not doing any deal with the Lakers without Kuzma being involved since that is the guy they wanted to draft in the first place...

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-14-2020, 01:41 PM
I think Amick covered every possibility for DeRozan. Nothing like playing it completely safe.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
01-14-2020, 07:55 PM
From work today talked to my co worker who has substantial tie in to Magic FO. He says Magic leaning towards not making any big move trade wise unless an offer made they can't pass on. Everything has been made more complicated due to injury to Isaac, & lesser degree Aminu.

Says DDR is around target 3 or 4 on potential moves & the 3 things that really complicate a deal 1) DDR ability to opt out 2) Magic feel they would need a 3&D guy next to DDR in SL & SA doesn't have one so necessitates a 3 team deal or additional trade 3) in a Gordon/Fournier for DDR deal involving only SA, Magic would want White or KJ or Walker or 1st.

The Isaac injury and real uncertainty if he returns this year is biggest factor in Magic most likely not being aggressive thus deadline and if they do DDR only becomes target if they fail on 1 & 2.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
01-14-2020, 08:17 PM
Also said most likely destination for DDR based on talk Magic FO is hearing would be Miami. He would still put probability very low just due to size of trade & complications of multiple team trades.

They have heard framework of 3 team trade between Heat, Spurs, & Kings. Could be 9-14 players involved with the main peices being DDR/Ariza to Heat. Winslow/Bogdanvic to Spurs, and Johnson /Waiters + picks to Kings.

Has heard some combination of additional players to include Dedmon, Joseph, Giles, Ferrell, Onylyk, Robinson, Beli, Forbes, Lyles, and Carroll. To be clear all of these guys not included but rumblings of Miami has different scenarios of this trade on board ranging from 9 to 14 players involved.

Prime BEEF
01-14-2020, 08:53 PM
Also said most likely destination for DDR based on talk Magic FO is hearing would be Miami. He would still put probability very low just due to size of trade & complications of multiple team trades.

They have heard framework of 3 team trade between Heat, Spurs, & Kings. Could be 9-14 players involved with the main peices being DDR/Ariza to Heat. Winslow/Bogdanvic to Spurs, and Johnson /Waiters + picks to Kings.

Has heard some combination of additional players to include Dedmon, Joseph, Giles, Ferrell, Onylyk, Robinson, Beli, Forbes, Lyles, and Carroll. To be clear all of these guys not included but rumblings of Miami has different scenarios of this trade on board ranging from 9 to 14 players involved.
Gross

slick'81
01-14-2020, 08:54 PM
From work today talked to my co worker who has substantial tie in to Magic FO. He says Magic leaning towards not making any big move trade wise unless an offer made they can't pass on. Everything has been made more complicated due to injury to Isaac, & lesser degree Aminu.

Says DDR is around target 3 or 4 on potential moves & the 3 things that really complicate a deal 1) DDR ability to opt out 2) Magic feel they would need a 3&D guy next to DDR in SL & SA doesn't have one so necessitates a 3 team deal or additional trade 3) in a Gordon/Fournier for DDR deal involving only SA, Magic would want White or KJ or Walker or 1st.

The Isaac injury and real uncertainty if he returns this year is biggest factor in Magic most likely not being aggressive thus deadline and if they do DDR only becomes target if they fail on 1 & 2.

So kj,demar and a first for gordon/fournier? Might b tempted there but with derozans recent play its probably too steep. Forbes,belli and carroll are available though:lol

Degoat
01-14-2020, 08:54 PM
Dude if we could get Winslow and Bogdanovich that would be a steal for Demar lol

mo7888
01-14-2020, 09:39 PM
Dude if we could get Winslow and Bogdanovich that would be a steal for Demar lol

I'd be all over that deal too

r0drig0lac
01-14-2020, 11:12 PM

yes please

SpaceCoast Spursfan
01-14-2020, 11:34 PM

Just wanted to add he thinks DDR probably isn't traded, and based on the chatter the Magic has heard there isn't much of a market for Derozan (in terms of equitable deals) . He basically this was the best, most equitable deal that he thinks a team is willing to propose. He also said that it's known the Spurs like Bogdan but not sure how they evaluate Winslow & that Winslow is a pretty polarizing talent in terms of varying opinions among scouts/GM. Last he said he would put a little more credence to this trade having a chance of happening because Pat Riley is not afraid to spearhead a big move like this. In the end it would come down to how serious the Spurs are about moving DDR & what they think of Winslow

slick'81
01-14-2020, 11:38 PM
Just wanted to add he thinks DDR probably isn't traded, and based on the chatter the Magic has heard there isn't much of a market for Derozan (in terms of equitable deals) . He basically this was the best, most equitable deal that he thinks a team is willing to propose. He also said that it's known the Spurs like Bogdan but not sure how they evaluate Winslow & that Winslow is a pretty polarizing talent in terms of varying opinions among scouts/GM. Last he said he would put a little more credence to this trade having a chance of happening because Pat Riley is not afraid to spearhead a big move like this. In the end it would come down to how serious the Spurs are about moving DDR & what they think of Winslow

We know there isnt much of a market for demar.unfortunately were probably stuck with him do or die

JeffDuncan
01-14-2020, 11:40 PM
We do not want Winslow.

TD 21
01-14-2020, 11:59 PM
Can't see them trading DeRozan in season.

Bogdanovic is an RFA, but so long as a trade is consummated before July 1st, I believe they can trade his rights.

Winslow would be a tricky fit offensively, adding another sub par shooter and secondary creator. He's a solid defender, but not quite big enough (6'5'', 225 with a 6'10'' wingspan) to defend the elite big wings.

Combined they'll likely cost as much or more as DeRozan does now and would only exacerbate the 1-3 logjam (Winslow can play small ball PF, but that only alleviates it so much).

palangi
01-15-2020, 01:30 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=w8ks4b7

DeRozan
Belli

For

Barnes
Gabriel
Giles
Future 1st round pick

Then turn around and trade
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sbro44c
Aldridge
Carroll

For
Whiteside
Collins
Trent jr

Roster
PG- Murray, White, mills
SG- Walker, Forbes, Trent
SF- Barnes, Gabriel
PF- Collins, Gay, Lyles
C- Whiteside, Poeltl, Eubanks

Giles plays in Austin

Next year the 2 rookies and metu come up.
Weatherspoon for mills
Johnson for Forbes
Metu for Lyles

If samanic and Giles show enough improvement
Samanic for Gay
Giles for Eubanks.