PDA

View Full Version : Astros: Hinch, Luhnow suspended one season, lose draft picks

Pages : [1] 2

Chris Fall
01-13-2020, 02:33 PM
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28476780/houston-astros-jeff-luhnow-aj-hinch-suspended-1-season-sign-stealing

First and second round draft picks in 2020, 2021.

Alex Cora reportedly next.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Still think there should at least be an asterisk next to that title, but other than that, it looks like a strong enough punishment on paper. The suspensions are more likely to make teams think twice about future cheating than just the fine and lost draft picks would have been.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 02:55 PM
Funny how the Yankees were “fined” in 2017 for cheating and no suspensions there. It’s all good though.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Damn Jim Crane not fucking around. He fired both of them

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 03:08 PM

Clipper Nation
01-13-2020, 03:16 PM
:lol Bill O'Brien still employed

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 03:19 PM
:lol Bill O'Brien still employed
Yeah. The McNair family is all about their oil businesses

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 03:24 PM
I like Crane a lot since first took over

gameFACE
01-13-2020, 04:39 PM
There's no way Hinch and Luhnow would have been able to come back in 2021 and not be tarnished. Crane mentioned a "clean slate" maybe implying more house cleaning. Haven't looked into what managers are available but I wonder who would be a decent replacement.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 05:21 PM
Crane supposedly showed Manfred evidence of the Yankees doing the same

Reck
01-13-2020, 05:37 PM
Red Sox might as well retroactively fire Cora and start looking for a new manager now.

Robz4000
01-13-2020, 06:01 PM
AJ Hinch is no big loss, but Luhnow could be a huge loss. Luckily they have young talent so it shouldn't hurt them short term.

MultiTroll
01-13-2020, 06:26 PM
Pathetically soft *punishment*.
Corporate MLB in spin mode.

Everything tainted, including bloated players stats which led to fat new contracts.
Losing team(s) totally burned. Players who may have beaten Stros and Red Sox were laid with Ls instead.

When I watched Springer hit the game winning HR vs Yankees it was like he absolutely knew curveball was coming. Now we know, he did.
No reason to believe these fucksticks were not using it their entire 100+ win seasons.

5 million to a team that profited how many dollars by their cheating?

Clipper Nation
01-13-2020, 06:57 PM
$5 million was the maximum the MLB could fine. The draft picks are also huge for a team that needs to rely on its farm system. And spring training is a little over a month away and they have no GM or manager. I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

monosylab1k
01-13-2020, 07:21 PM
:lmao cheating ASStros

Rangers > Cheatros

Will Hunting
01-13-2020, 09:12 PM
Cheatstros has a better ring to it imo

i know how unprecedented it would be but honestly the MLB should consider vacating the Astros and Red Sox WS titles. From what I’ve read about this it’s pretty bad.

The way the 2018 Red Sox were flukishly good at situational baseball makes me think they were even worse than Houston, not to mention the fact Houston stayed good after their cheating season while the Red Sox overperformed in 2018 and then fell back to earth.

GAustex
01-13-2020, 09:17 PM
Harsh punishment.
1 year ban OK. Firing is too hard.

Maybe make the owner sell the team? Prolly not.

Yanks and red socks need the same treatment.

Reck
01-13-2020, 09:30 PM

i know how unprecedented it would be but honestly the MLB should consider vacating the Astros and Red Sox WS titles. From what I’ve read about this it’s pretty bad.

The way the 2018 Red Sox were flukishly good at situational baseball makes me think they were even worse than Houston, not to mention the fact Houston stayed good after their cheating season while the Red Sox overperformed in 2018 and then fell back to earth.

I agree the Astros need their 2017 championship vacated and if the Red Sox investigation is as egregious as what we had with the Astros they need to vacate their championship as well.

Cora, like I said being linked to two cheating teams is going to get banned from baseball, period.

To your point that the Red Sox fell off after 2018, it’s not that odd when you consider how they’ve done in the past after they won a ring. Red Sox performance drop off the following year is pretty bad. 2014 and 2019 comes to mind.

Will Hunting
01-13-2020, 10:13 PM
I agree the Astros need their 2017 championship vacated and if the Red Sox investigation is as egregious as what we had with the Astros they need to vacate their championship as well.

Cora, like I said being linked to two cheating teams is going to get banned from baseball, period.

To your point that the Red Sox fell off after 2018, it’s not that odd when you consider how they’ve done in the past after they won a ring. Red Sox performance drop off the following year is pretty bad. 2014 and 2019 comes to mind.
Their falling off isn’t as alarming as how good they were at situational baseball in 2018 imo, it was a complete anomaly. I remember watching playoff games thinking Cora was god the way he’d throw a pinch hitter in there who’d end up driving in multiple runs. It would make sense that they were stealing signals throughout the game and by the 7th or 8th inning were able to easily predict what pitch was coming.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 10:16 PM
:lmao cheating ASStros

Rangers > Cheatros
Yeah. Sitting with 2 World Series losses down to the last strike is much better

I’ll take the chip.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 10:17 PM

Can’t vacate something that you can’t quantify the effect of what happened.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2020, 10:18 PM

Will Hunting
01-13-2020, 10:20 PM
Patriots titles not vacated and didn’t they use cameras?
I wouldn’t be against vacating the Patriots 2007 week 1 win against the Jets.

No evidence that they had a competitive advantage in any other game beyond that.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 10:22 PM
I wouldn’t be against vacating the Patriots 2007 week 1 win against the Jets.

No evidence that they had a competitive advantage in any other game beyond that.
So you do you quantify if stealing signs helped or didn’t in the WS?

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 10:23 PM
*how

Will Hunting
01-13-2020, 10:27 PM
So you do you quantify if stealing signs helped or didn’t in the WS?
You can’t quantify it and that’s never how things like this work. You also can’t quantify if the Patriots needed Spygate to win against the Jets in 2007, but I said I’d be fine with vacating that win and making it an L.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 10:28 PM
Though stealing signs is legal and using electronics isn’t, its hard to measure what affect it had. Houston went 2-1 on the road.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 10:35 PM
If the entire act of stealing signs was illegal then sure. The method of it was the problem. Hard to vacate that way. Especially when it’s a league wide issue.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2020, 10:55 PM

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 10:59 PM
He should probably be the last one to talk since he got lit up in game 7 :lol

Reck
01-13-2020, 11:15 PM
Let’s not feel sorry for the Dodgers now. They still choked on a hard black dick both years and the alleged cheating took place only during the RS.

monosylab1k
01-13-2020, 11:15 PM
Yeah. Sitting with 2 World Series losses down to the last strike is much better

I’ll take the chip*.

fixed

monosylab1k
01-13-2020, 11:18 PM
If the entire act of stealing signs was illegal then sure. The method of it was the problem. Hard to vacate that way. Especially when it’s a league wide issue.

:lol everybody was quick to pretend that the Patriots were the only team capable of cheating back then, but now that it’s your ox being gored suddenly it’s “everybody does it lulz”

djohn2oo8
01-13-2020, 11:36 PM
:lol everybody was quick to pretend that the Patriots were the only team capable of cheating back then, but now that it’s your ox being gored suddenly it’s “everybody does it lulz”
Yet at the time they were caught I didn’t call for their titles to be vacated.

baseline bum
01-14-2020, 12:51 AM

:lol

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 01:03 AM
Btw, Baseball doesn’t exactly have a clean history either considering a whole decade called the steroid era. The 2000 Yankees were juiced to high hell. MLB looked left on that for a long time until they couldn’t. That was literally an era where everyone was doing it. Hell now, many players wear gloves in the field that are outside the legal dimensions. Baseball looks left on that. Everyone looks for an advantage and that’s not debatable. How far they go with it is a different story.

Rob Manfred said this was only relegated to the Astros, until it wasn’t. He wasn’t expecting Boston to be implicated. Now you have rumors involving the Yankees, Dodgers and Diamondbacks all doing the same thing. It’s a league wide issue. It doesn’t stop with those 5 teams.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 01:29 AM
Also a question for you. When the Patriots were first caught, were any other teams caught at the same time as them? Or alleged to have also been using cameras? If so you can point it out. It’s not the Astros getting caught. It’s Manfred prematurely saying it was only the Astros, and not wanting to investigate all the teams, when Boston literally is caught weeks later, the Yankees are found to have illegally used their “replay rooms” along with the Dodgers, and the Yankees alleged to have been zooming their cameras to steal signs as well. Now that the Red Sox are caught, Manfred is not exactly eager to investigate any other teams. No problem with the punishment. But not vacating titles when other teams have been outed.

FrostKing
01-14-2020, 05:19 AM
Scapegoat fire. Astros have no dignity

Reck
01-14-2020, 05:35 AM
Scapegoat fire. Astros have no dignity

Oh really? Firing them is what makes them have no dignity, not the fact they got caught cheating? :lol

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 06:52 AM
Let’s not feel sorry for the Dodgers now. They still choked on a hard black dick both years and the alleged cheating took place only during the RS. djohn2oo8 if it’s true the cheating only took place during the RS then ignore what I said, I thought it specifically took place throughout the playoffs

monosylab1k
01-14-2020, 08:22 AM
Also a question for you. When the Patriots were first caught, were any other teams caught at the same time as them? Or alleged to have also been using cameras? If so you can point it out. It’s not the Astros getting caught. It’s Manfred prematurely saying it was only the Astros, and not wanting to investigate all the teams, when Boston literally is caught weeks later, the Yankees are found to have illegally used their “replay rooms” along with the Dodgers, and the Yankees alleged to have been zooming their cameras to steal signs as well. Now that the Red Sox are caught, Manfred is not exactly eager to investigate any other teams. No problem with the punishment. But not vacating titles when other teams have been outed.

I’ll tell you exactly what everyone said during Spygate - YOU got caught. YOU. We didn’t get caught therefore we didn’t cheat. YOU got caught.

Rangers > Cheatros* :lmao

monosylab1k
01-14-2020, 08:48 AM
djohn2oo8 if it’s true the cheating only took place during the RS then ignore what I said, I thought it specifically took place throughout the playoffs

People want to take away Pats rings for a Week One infraction, so I say tit for tat.

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 09:11 AM
People want to take away Pats rings for a Week One infraction, so I say tit for tat.
Yeah I don’t disagree but this strikes me as a similar retarded situation where everyone is doing it but they’re only going after the team(s) that win.

Reck
01-14-2020, 09:38 AM
djohn2oo8 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14870) if it’s true the cheating only took place during the RS then ignore what I said, I thought it specifically took place throughout the playoffs

Tbh, I don’t know where the fuck I read this. Or if I saw a YouTube video interview where the dude said the system they used was limited to only home games and regular season because in the post season the MLB itself puts their own cameras inside the club houses so they couldn’t use the TV they had set up or something like that.

Now having read a few articles on the punishment, the report does in fact say they used it in the post season as well.

Reck
01-14-2020, 09:55 AM
The 2018 playoffs were the first postseason in which MLB had dedicated measures in place to prevent electronic sign stealing. The league then distributed new rules to all teams in the spring of 2019, outlining them in a six-page document and accompanying FAQ.

Among those rules: No camera installed beyond the outfield fence and between the foul poles may capture an image of the catcher’s signs. Any camera in that area needs advance approval from the commissioner’s office. The league has also set rules about the placement and use of monitors and TVs, mandating that virtually every screen be on an eight-second delay. In addition, MLB placed league employees at the park to attempt to monitor what teams are doing.

https://theathletic.com/1363451/2019/11/12/the-astros-stole-signs-electronically-in-2017-part-of-a-much-broader-issue-for-major-league-baseball/

What's different about the Astros and the Red Sox?

Based on what's been reported, the allegations about the Red Sox are on a somewhat different level than those regarding the Astros. While the Red Sox supposedly used video to decode opponents' sign sequences and passed the information along to their players, they did not go the additional step of using some means of communicating this knowledge -- such as the Astros' infamous trash-can banging -- to players at the plate from the dugout in most situations. They needed to get a runner to second base to see the sequences and signal them to whoever was at the plate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28476282/mlb-hits-astros-huge-penalties-houston-fires-hinch-luhnow-answering-all-questions%3fplatform=amp

That makes me feel slightly better. (Not really) :lol

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 10:17 AM
The trash can banging is my favorite part :lol

Imo the longer the MLB takes the harsher Cora’s punishment will be, they’ve probably got special plans for him :lol

Mark Celibate
01-14-2020, 10:30 AM
Can’t vacate something that you can’t quantify the effect of what happened.

BS, it's outright cheating why can't you vacate it? It would be the same thing as a university playing an ineligible basketball player in the NCAA tournament and then winning the championship. Sure, you can't "quantify" how they did but you don't just go "hurr durr, oh well...we'll never know!" Same thing with the whole Reggie Bush/USC scandal

The tricky part is where do you draw the line (i.e. do we strip them of the WS title, the division title, all their wins, etc) but no way should they be remembered as champions.

Bill_Brasky
01-14-2020, 10:34 AM
I feel bad for AJ Hinch. If he was really uncomfortable with it, he was in a terrible position. He could either rat out his own players, lose their trust forever, and probably never be able to manage again, or he could have had this happen. Him busting up their little moniter was him trying to tell then to knock it off, but they didn't listen.

monosylab1k
01-14-2020, 11:03 AM
BS, it's outright cheating why can't you vacate it? It would be the same thing as a university playing an ineligible basketball player in the NCAA tournament and then winning the championship. Sure, you can't "quantify" how they did but you don't just go "hurr durr, oh well...we'll never know!" Same thing with the whole Reggie Bush/USC scandal

The tricky part is where do you draw the line (i.e. do we strip them of the WS title, the division title, all their wins, etc) but no way should they be remembered as champions.

The Ting brothers, cheaters and quitters I saaaaaiiiiiiiiddddddd

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:11 AM

The entire 2000 Yankees team was juiced. Should they give theirs back as well?

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:14 AM
I’ll tell you exactly what everyone said during Spygate - YOU got caught. YOU. We didn’t get caught therefore we didn’t cheat. YOU got caught.

Rangers > Cheatros* :lmao

you are missing the point. I said I’m fine with the punishment, my problem is with Manfred saying this was only the Astros when he also was investigating the Red Sox and had info at the same time that they were also caught.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:19 AM
I’ll take the * though. No problem. Because the rangers are still cocksmokers who still lost 2 World Series being one strike away. You were almost there. And now you’re back to being little brother.

Clipper Nation
01-14-2020, 11:25 AM
I’ll take the * though. No problem. Because the rangers are still cocksmokers who still lost 2 World Series being one strike away. You were almost there. And now you’re back to being little brother.
Tbh, the Rangers' losses aren't nearly as embarrassing as losing to the Nationals with cheat codes enabled.

monosylab1k
01-14-2020, 11:27 AM
Rangers are still ahead in Silver Boots, I’ll take that over a tainted title any day!

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Tbh, the Rangers' losses aren't nearly as embarrassing as losing to the Nationals with cheat codes enabled.
The report said 2019 there was no illegal activity.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:29 AM
Rangers are still ahead in Silver Boots, I’ll take that over a tainted title any day!
Remember when you call someone else a cheater remember your history
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123509345896428879

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 11:35 AM
The whole “you can’t vacate it if you can’t quantify it argument” makes no sense. If you cheat on a test in college, you get a zero on it and even potentially harsher punishment. The professor doesn’t say “well I ran the analytics on it and you would have gotten a B- without cheating so that’s what I’ll give you.”

That being said I take back what I said, I don’t think this is bad enough to vacate.

What I don’t get is how players avoid punishment completely if they were the ones orchestrating it.

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 11:41 AM
The “everyone was doing it!” Argument also matters imo when punishment is being determined even though most people usually react to it with sanctimonious drivel about how “:cry that doesn’t make it right :cry”

I.e. the 2001 Diamondbacks were clearly juiced to the hilt (:lol skinny ass Luis Gonzalez hitting 57 HRs) and everyone knows it, but they were playing in a league where Barry Bonds hit 70+ home runs. If they were juicing and the rest of the league was steroid-free in 2001 their World Series probably should be vacated, but because everyone was doing it no one views their World Series as remotely illegitimate.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:46 AM
Also Mono, I’m you don’t remember back in the day about the Rumors of Arlington stadium
https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=2147225

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:48 AM
The whole “you can’t vacate it if you can’t quantify it argument” makes no sense. If you cheat on a test in college, you get a zero on it and even potentially harsher punishment. The professor doesn’t say “well I ran the analytics on it and you would have gotten a B- without cheating so that’s what I’ll give you.”

That being said I take back what I said, I don’t think this is bad enough to vacate.

What I don’t get is how players avoid punishment completely if they were the ones orchestrating it.
I think the way they avoid punishment is, the MLB needs them to cooperate. Having first hand accounts makes the case stronger, it’s hard to know what players knew if they don’t talk. So in order for them to talk they want assurances that they won’t be punished. And players aren’t going to fess up to orchestrating it

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 11:51 AM
I think the way they avoid punishment is, the MLB needs them to cooperate. Having first hand accounts makes the case stronger, it’s hard to know what players knew if they don’t talk. So in order for them to talk they want assurances that they won’t be punished. And players aren’t going to fess up to orchestrating it
Yeah that makes sense but isn’t the goal supposed to be to hold the responsible parties accountable? The goal shouldn’t be to just identify a few scapegoats to fry with zero consideration for who really acted wrongfully.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:56 AM
Yeah that makes sense but isn’t the goal supposed to be to hold the responsible parties accountable? The goal shouldn’t be to just identify a few scapegoats to fry with zero consideration for who really acted wrongfully.
It’s easier for the MLB to have a few scapegoats then to admit and identify that it’s a players problem. These scapegoats will have to be coaches and or front office staff because it’s easier to get rid of bad PR if they are fired. If the players across the league are doing it then that’s a culture problem and harder for baseball to shed itself of. That’s what it seems like.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 11:59 AM
Predictably, nobody in the game is willing to publicly finger those who were cheating or those whom they believe might be cheating. But given assurances of anonymity, several league sources indicate the Astros, Dodgers, Red Sox, New York Yankees and Arizona Diamondbacks have been especially adept with technological surveillance. One source mentions the Cubs and Washington Nationals dabble a bit "but not as much as others." Another source says the Indians, while still another notes the Toronto Blue Jays and Texas Rangers once were suspected as well.

- Bleacher Report

its just interesting if Manfred really wants to clean this all up he needs to investigate beyond two teams.

Reck
01-14-2020, 12:06 PM
MLB should fully commit to the WWE route and just be like the blitz games from the PS2 era. I’d be fine with that.

MLB is a tainted sport to begin with. They allowed steroids into this sport. That was the end.

monosylab1k
01-14-2020, 12:22 PM
Also Mono, I’m you don’t remember back in the day about the Rumors of Arlington stadium

:lmao “rumors” versus “caught red-handed in the biggest baseball scandal since the Black Sox”

Rangers > Cheatstros

Chris Fall
01-14-2020, 12:24 PM
The severity of the punishments is obviously not just about being punitive but also preventative. I’m guessing Cora will be suspended indefinitely if not all out Pete Rosed. It’s not about being fair or unfair to the Astros and finding all guilty parties across baseball. It’s about making sure that this shit stops now going forward. If the penalty is loss of employment for managers and executives, it’s not just a token fine, like when a multi million dollar NBA player gets fined $25,000 for a flagrant foul. That’s like 100 bucks for most people. The penalty is real and tangible and severe. If your ass gets caught, it’s not just a couple of stacks and a couple of picks. It’s your job. That’s preventative.

Sure, punish everyone else who did it. But as a precedent, as an example, Astros are first in line to the gangbang. First kid to get caught gets the worst whooping.

As for players getting punished, I believe they should be too, but they’re the product. Players are the product. Other than fines, I don’t think MLB has n ideal punishment to levy n this case. Say a factory worker in an m&m factory taints the candy and a bunch of bad m&ms get released and sold. You punish the factor worker, not the candy. You don’t make the m&ms smaller or put fewer in each bag. You don’t punish the product if you can avoid it, and especially in a case like this where pretty much the whole team was involved. You going to suspend all the Astros hitters for a year? Easy if it’s one individual player. Not so much when you’re talking about a dozen major league hitters all on the same team.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 12:29 PM
:lmao “rumors” versus “caught red-handed in the biggest baseball scandal since the Black Sox”

Rangers > Cheatstros
Stealing signs and employing PED users. Continuously missing the playoffs. 2 years of success. Ranger lore. Since we know it isn’t titles.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 12:31 PM
Wasting Prime roided up A-Rod. Hell at least the Yanks won with him :lol

LeGiannis
01-14-2020, 01:11 PM
DJ*hn2008 going down with the ship:lol.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 01:19 PM
DJ*hn2008 going down with the ship:lol.
Would I trade a chip for winning the right way in a game that has been tarred by cheating? Fuck no :lol

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 01:24 PM
Baseball is the last sport to get sanctimonious about

LeGiannis
01-14-2020, 01:26 PM
Would I trade a chip for winning the right way in a game that has been tarred by cheating? Fuck no :lol

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin tbh.....

Chris Fall
01-14-2020, 01:47 PM
Being sanctimonious doesn't mean there still doesn't need to be a line drawn at some point. Whether it's sanctimony or disingenuous self righteousness, it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Leniency and wiggle room will always draw criticism. Like the NBA travel. What's a walk? How much do players get away with? But at some point, an inbound to Russell Westbrook as he cradles the ball tucked warmly in his arm and starts walking up the court, two steps, three, four, five... it has to be a travel. At some point you draw the line

And pretentious sanctimony doesn't make it wrong.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Being sanctimonious doesn't mean there still doesn't need to be a line drawn at some point. Whether it's sanctimony or disingenuous self righteousness, it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Leniency and wiggle room will always draw criticism. Like the NBA travel. What's a walk? How much do players get away with? But at some point, an inbound to Russell Westbrook as he cradles the ball tucked warmly in his arm and starts walking up the court, two steps, three, four, five... it has to be a travel. At some point you draw the line

And pretentious sanctimony doesn't make it wrong.
in this case it’s how you go about drawing the line. Is the commissioner going to investigate all of these allegations against the alleged teams?

Chris Fall
01-14-2020, 02:05 PM
In Houston's case, none of that matters at all. Of course allegations should be thoroughly checked out and guilty parties penalized accordingly. But none of that changes anything for Houston. It certainly doesn't absolve them from anything. Their guilt doesn't change with an increased number of violators.

How many people speed on the freeway? Only a fraction get pulled over and ticketed. If you get pulled over for speeding, cry that the officer should only give you a speeding ticket if he pulls over every other car that was speeding and tickets them too. See how that works out.

You just want your misery shared. That has nothing to do with the idea that a line must be and has been drawn.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 02:27 PM
In Houston's case, none of that matters at all. Of course allegations should be thoroughly checked out and guilty parties penalized accordingly. But none of that changes anything for Houston. It certainly doesn't absolve them from anything. Their guilt doesn't change with an increased number of violators.

How many people speed on the freeway? Only a fraction get pulled over and ticketed. If you get pulled over for speeding, cry that the officer should only give you a speeding ticket if he pulls over every other car that was speeding and tickets them too. See how that works out.

You just want your misery shared. That has nothing to do with the idea that a line must be and has been drawn.
What I want to see, is since the precedent has been set, if anyone else is caught besides Houston and Boston, are the penalties the same across the board as in long suspensions? And what does MLB do then if it’s widespread

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 03:13 PM
And No it’s not about sharing misery. Had Manfred never said in front the cameras that he wasn’t worried about any other teams, before completing an investigation, then okay. Right after he says it Boston pops up. It makes it look like it’s a rabbit hole he doesn’t want to big go down to do a true investigation. Even if there’s nothing to be found, you can’t make that comment so early in the game.

Mark Celibate
01-14-2020, 03:21 PM
The entire 2000 Yankees team was juiced. Should they give theirs back as well?

The difference is that everybody juiced then, so they didn't really gain a competitive advantage. I'll concede that you can make an argument the Astros keep their title if it's found out that many more teams did this. I'm just picking apart your "you can't quantify it, so you can't disqualify them" argument which is full of shit and doesn't hold up in situations where somebody is caught cheating.

Spurs Homer
01-14-2020, 06:44 PM
Not gonna bullshit -

Been an Astros fan forever - my dad (RIP) and my brother and I followed them all our lives and my dad went to his grave NEVER seeing the Astros win the world series. Doing the yardwork with the astros on the radio and then having some chilled watermelon (me and my bro- and my dad a cold brew) in a texas summer scorching night under the stars -
are still special memories-

When the Astros finally did get a title- I was ecstatic and felt my dad's presence when they won it -

This just shits on everything - and well -

even though I am an Astros fan forever-

fuck them - this is shit. The title is meaningless - and I wont pretend or defend or whatever -

THEY GOT CAUGHT. They are fucking disgraceful and should be banned forever - fuck it -

they should actually lose the entire franchise - move them to fucking Encino - I don't give a fuck.

Reck
01-14-2020, 07:17 PM
Not gonna bullshit -

Been an Astros fan forever - my dad (RIP) and my brother and I followed them all our lives and my dad went to his grave NEVER seeing the Astros win the world series. Doing the yardwork with the astros on the radio and then having some chilled watermelon (me and my bro- and my dad a cold brew) in a texas summer scorching night under the stars -
are still special memories-

When the Astros finally did get a title- I was ecstatic and felt my dad's presence when they won it -

This just shits on everything - and well -

even though I am an Astros fan forever-

fuck them - this is shit. The title is meaningless - and I wont pretend or defend or whatever -

THEY GOT CAUGHT. They are fucking disgraceful and should be banned forever - fuck it -

they should actually lose the entire franchise - move them to fucking Encino - I don't give a fuck.

That's extreme.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 07:33 PM
That's extreme.
Way extreme

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 07:33 PM
Alex Cora fired

Reck
01-14-2020, 07:45 PM
Alex Cora fired

Good move. The only move really.

Reck
01-14-2020, 07:47 PM
Looks like it was mutual. Respect

Spurs Homer
01-14-2020, 08:13 PM
That's extreme.

Disagree.

Gotta call it like it is. They disgraced the game - they need to be dismantled and removed from the city of Houston forever - that would be the proper and fair and just thing to do.

Or strip the entire organization - force the owner to sell/resign ownership - at the VERY LEAST.

Start new with a brand new expansion club if they want to stay in Houston.

Chris Fall
01-14-2020, 08:54 PM
I agree with Crane losing ownership. It’s been pretty much agreed from the investigation that both Hinch and Luhnow were NOT active participants in the cheating, but were suspended and ultimately fired for passively allowing it to happen and not doing more to stop it. Then should it not follow that the owner SHOULD have also known and also be punished for not taking action or for not being more actively involved in his team’s operations so he would have known so he could have stopped it?

Billionaire Boys Club mentality. Manfred protecting one of his bosses, making sure he publicly absolved Crane of any wrongdoing or blame. Crane gets a $5 million slap on the wrist, which to a billionaire is like a dinner and bar tab for a weekend. He gets to throw Hinch and Luhnow under the bus. And he still gets to enjoy the World Series win with no wrinkles on his clothes as he watches from his ivory tower.

If not forced to sell, something more tangible of a reprimand should have been placed on Crane, like the one year suspension from the team that Hinch and Luhnow originally got.

weebo
01-14-2020, 09:28 PM
Btw, Baseball doesn’t exactly have a clean history either considering a whole decade called the steroid era. The 2000 Yankees were juiced to high hell. MLB looked left on that for a long time until they couldn’t. That was literally an era where everyone was doing it. Hell now, many players wear gloves in the field that are outside the legal dimensions. Baseball looks left on that. Everyone looks for an advantage and that’s not debatable. How far they go with it is a different story.

Rob Manfred said this was only relegated to the Astros, until it wasn’t. He wasn’t expecting Boston to be implicated. Now you have rumors involving the Yankees, Dodgers and Diamondbacks all doing the same thing. It’s a league wide issue. It doesn’t stop with those 5 teams.

Bro, everyone cheats and probably in the same way...only reason it became news was because the Stros are a top 5 team with talent and you had a player in Fiers with an axe to grind...people are naive if they think cheating isn't rampant in professional sports...its a multimillon dollar industry and winners get paid...this sign stealing shit didn't start with the Stros...Cora and Beltran must have learned some of this while on other teams...funny how you never heard from other organizations about any of this before if it was so scandalous...maybe because they have their own skeletons?

djohn2oo8
01-14-2020, 09:29 PM
I agree with Crane losing ownership. It’s been pretty much agreed from the investigation that both Hinch and Luhnow were NOT active participants in the cheating, but were suspended and ultimately fired for passively allowing it to happen and not doing more to stop it. Then should it not follow that the owner SHOULD have also known and also be punished for not taking action or for not being more actively involved in his team’s operations so he would have known so he could have stopped it?

Billionaire Boys Club mentality. Manfred protecting one of his bosses, making sure he publicly absolved Crane of any wrongdoing or blame. Crane gets a $5 million slap on the wrist, which to a billionaire is like a dinner and bar tab for a weekend. He gets to throw Hinch and Luhnow under the bus. And he still gets to enjoy the World Series win with no wrinkles on his clothes as he watches from his ivory tower.

If not forced to sell, something more tangible of a reprimand should have been placed on Crane, like the one year suspension from the team that Hinch and Luhnow originally got.
Yet the article and report said he didn’t know. Can’t punish someone for what they allegedly didn’t know

weebo
01-14-2020, 09:38 PM

1993 rangers roster was roided out ...from canseco, palmer, palmero to ryan :lol...bottom line all teams cheat in one way or another

monosylab1k
01-15-2020, 11:33 AM
Boiled down, it’s:: Astros got caught, Rangers didn’t.

Rangers > Cheatstros

Reck
01-15-2020, 11:38 AM

Rangers > Cheatstros

If not for the trash banging, they would have gotten away with it.

That's what launched this whole mess.

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 11:51 AM

Rangers > Cheatstros
Not with 400 less wins. But you can kiss the ring though.

Oh and Rangers did get popped for PED use. Couldn’t cheat their way to shit though :lol

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 11:54 AM
If not for the trash banging, they would have gotten away with it.

That's what launched this whole mess.
Naw it was Fiers salty that he was cut.

monosylab1k
01-15-2020, 12:24 PM
Not with 400 less wins. But you can kiss the ring though.

Oh and Rangers did get popped for PED use. Couldn’t cheat their way to shit though :lol

Ken Caminiti, Jeff Bagwell, etc, the glass houses thing.

Also :lmao equating PED’s to the biggest baseball scandal since the Black Sox :lmao

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 12:30 PM
Ken Caminiti, Jeff Bagwell, etc, the glass houses thing.

Also :lmao equating PED’s to the biggest baseball scandal since the Black Sox :lmao
Rodriguez, both of them, Hamilton, caught. Not Bagwell.

Astros > Rangers

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 12:31 PM
Lest we forget. Your own city celebrated our shit. In your own Backyard. In the Rangers backyard.

So know your place and remember it.https://s.hdnux.com/photos/67/15/24/14472502/3/920x920.jpg

monosylab1k
01-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Rodriguez, both of them, Hamilton, caught. Not Bagwell.

Astros > Rangers

Deflecting from your team being the biggest cheaters in the history of the sport :lmao

Rangers > Cheatstros

monosylab1k
01-15-2020, 02:05 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQgr-kPWoAAHDAS.jpg

:lmao

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Around the league, everyone noticed the twitch in Pearce Chiles’ leg. It was odd enough that Chiles, the third-base coach for the Philadelphia Phillies (https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/phi/), convulsed only at the team’s home park, Baker Bowl, where he stood in the same spot, atop a puddle in the coach’s box that was there even when it didn’t rain. On Sept. 17, 1900, in the first game of a doubleheader, Cincinnati Reds (https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/cin/)shortstop Tommy Corcoran tired of the tic and decided to do something about it.
Corcoran scurried toward Chiles and started kicking at the ground, harder and harder, enough that the livid Phillies’ groundskeeper told him to stop. Corcoran didn’t, and eventually he hit paydirt: a wooden box. He pulled the top off it and found a mess of wires. His suspicions were dead-on: Someone in the stadium was stealing opponents’ signals and feeding them to Chiles through electrical pulses into the box. One buzz for a fastball, two jolts for a curveball, three twitches for a changeup. Chiles then verbally fed the pitch to the batter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/shocking-history-sign-stealing-baseball-053859138.html

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Sign stealing using electronics has been around since the 1900s. Cry more.

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 02:18 PM
What did you come and Take Mono? It wasn’t a World Series

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 02:35 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQgr-kPWoAAHDAS.jpg

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/0/8/0/63358080/FreeseTriple_xlsontv9.gif

:rollin

Reck
01-15-2020, 02:43 PM
My nigga Djohn why do you care so much about this? Dont sweat it, man.

We rang. Who gives a shit if we get *risked. It still counts

Clipper Nation
01-15-2020, 02:48 PM

It's the Kevin Durant issue. Titles are only as good as the respect they get from the rest of the sport's community. It's why Astros fans are so salty and why Durbeta is still so insecure.

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 02:49 PM
It's the Kevin Durant issue. Titles are only as good as the respect they get from the rest of the sport's community. It's why Astros fans are so salty and why Durbeta is still so insecure.
Yeah nobody gives a shit what you or anyone else thinks. I’m talking shit to Mono because it’s a Rangers/Astros thing

And btw, stop being disingenuous. You get into it with Spurraider because you are a Chargers fan and He is a Raiders fan.

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 02:50 PM

It’s an Astros/Rangers thing. They talked a lot of shit when Houston was losing 100 games a season. I have fun giving it back.

djohn2oo8
01-15-2020, 04:03 PM

its everywhere

monosylab1k
01-15-2020, 04:53 PM

its everywhere

More rumors and anonymous sources, versus your team being caught red handed :lmao

Rangers > Cheatstros :lmao

Mark Celibate
01-15-2020, 05:54 PM
Disagree.

Gotta call it like it is. They disgraced the game - they need to be dismantled and removed from the city of Houston forever - that would be the proper and fair and just thing to do.

Or strip the entire organization - force the owner to sell/resign ownership - at the VERY LEAST.

Start new with a brand new expansion club if they want to stay in Houston.

Not sure if this is a troll post, but by relocating the franchise you're only punishing the fans who had nothing to do with it. Why? This isn't even taking into account the obvious financial questions that come with something like this

Spurs Homer
01-15-2020, 06:19 PM
Not sure if this is a troll post, but by relocating the franchise you're only punishing the fans who had nothing to do with it. Why? This isn't even taking into account the obvious financial questions that come with something like this

not trolling

they disgraced the game
the city
the franchise

each other

people must be accountable-

unaccountability is becoming an epidemic in the once-great country

start with this scandal

force the owner to sell or resign or both

keep the franchise in houston but make them start with a new franchise- new owners, players, etc

make an example

either way

fuck the astros

im done as a fan and i dont just shop around and find a new team

im done with baseball unless the astros are stripped and start anew

then i would support them thru the losing lean years and until they can EARN another shot

the hard way. The legit way.

Chucho
01-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Pats fans coming in here splashing their OJ defense all of the place. :rollin

This is how you punish cheaters. Take note, NFL and UFC.

Chucho
01-16-2020, 01:13 PM
not trolling

they disgraced the game
the city
the franchise

each other

people must be accountable-

unaccountability is becoming an epidemic in the once-great country

start with this scandal

force the owner to sell or resign or both

keep the franchise in houston but make them start with a new franchise- new owners, players, etc

make an example

either way

fuck the astros

im done as a fan and i dont just shop around and find a new team

im done with baseball unless the astros are stripped and start anew

then i would support them thru the losing lean years and until they can EARN another shot

the hard way. The legit way.

What are your favorite brands? What type of shoes do you wear? What type of phone do you own?

Spurs Homer
01-16-2020, 01:34 PM
What are your favorite brands? What type of shoes do you wear? What type of phone do you own?

irrelevant

Chucho
01-16-2020, 01:38 PM
irrelevant

No. Pretty sure you're not as socially conscious as you pretend to be. Pretty sure you're as woke as most and have no problem giving your money to the "man" so they continue to run slave factories, you dime-a-dozen fraud.

monosylab1k
01-16-2020, 02:26 PM
GOTCHA!

https://truthout.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Mister-Gotcha.jpg

Spurs Homer
01-16-2020, 02:27 PM
No. Pretty sure you're not as socially conscious as you pretend to be. Pretty sure you're as woke as most and have no problem giving your money to the "man" so they continue to run slave factories, you dime-a-dozen fraud.

ok

so a team that i love and supported my whole life

and has sentimental value to me

disgraces the game

and instead of defending them, rationalizing their behavior and making excuses-

i condemn and disavow them forever and decide to cut my association with my avowed dedicated fandom of decades-

i call for the harshest penalty-or just walk away if they dont-

THAT

makes me a fraud?

ok chunko

you still defend a nazi
i dont

that is a fact.

Reck
01-16-2020, 02:29 PM
Carlos Beltran got fired.

MLB should cancel the 2020 season and clean house once and for all. This sport needs a hard reset.

I already feel sorry for the eventual 2020 WS champ. They're going to be a footnote in the aftermath of what happened this year.

FrostKing
01-16-2020, 02:37 PM
https://i.ibb.co/FV2Zy0g/image0-1.jpg

Chris Fall
01-16-2020, 02:53 PM
What a fucking shit show.

Reck
01-16-2020, 03:04 PM
https://i.ibb.co/FV2Zy0g/image0-1.jpg

Without any proof this is an insane thing to say but imagine if this is true? Definitely would need to not only vacate the championship but ban these players for life.

Chris Fall
01-16-2020, 03:59 PM
MLB: You cheated.
Astros: Everybody cheats. Or do you not remember the steroid era?

MLB: You used hidden cameras to steal signs.
Astros: So do all the other teams. Go ask the Yankees and Dodgers.

MLB: You banged trash cans to tip pitches to hitters in real time.
Astros: Yeah... well... ummm other teams probably did similar stuff. Is this a witch hunt or something?

MLB: You had individual hitters wear devices to buzz them during their at bats.
Astros: Hmmmfph... uhhhhh... yeah okay. But other teams were... umm... well... so what? What’s your point?

MLB: You implanted your hitters with nanobugs into their brains to respond even more quickly to the stolen signs.
Astros: You’re acting like we’re the first or only team to use nanotechnology. Pfff, they’re all doing it.

MLB: You had future Astro teams send terminators back in time to destroy all the good pitchers in 2017.
Astros: But John Connor survived, so why are we getting punished for it? The Rangers use pine tar, you know.

Reck
01-16-2020, 06:16 PM
Now Mike Trout is being dragged into the league wide cheating. :lmao

Spurs Homer (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=52221) acting like the Astros cheating in some other worldly shit that just happened to a beautiful pristine sport. Like I said, cancel 2020.

Spurs Homer
01-16-2020, 06:43 PM
Now Mike Trout is being dragged into the league wide cheating. :lmao

Spurs Homer (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=52221) acting like the Astros cheating in some other worldly shit that just happened to a beautiful pristine sport. Like I said, cancel 2020.

nah

the astros just happened to be the ONLY MLB I give a shit about

or

used to

fuck mlb

DC23
01-16-2020, 08:51 PM
I've been doing a lot of research on this. Lots of evidence that the Astros players were wearing buzzers inside their jerseys. MLB is covering it up. This is really bad for baseball. Worse than steroids.

GAustex
01-16-2020, 10:50 PM
What the hell lets get it all out there.

Expose every other team that used cameras and electronic communication.

Fire em all.

And if an owner knew. Force em to sell.

Start with the Yanks, then Red Sox and move over to the Dodgers.

I want Altuve making a living playing ball in Venezuela.

They fooled me I just started watching again after the steroid fiasco.

Screw it burn this shit down.

Reck
01-16-2020, 10:50 PM
I've been doing a lot of research on this. Lots of evidence that the Astros players were wearing buzzers inside their jerseys. MLB is covering it up. This is really bad for baseball. Worse than steroids.

What research? You mean the retarded tweets that are out there showing Altuve's chain?

djohn2oo8
01-17-2020, 12:27 PM

As I was saying

Chris Fall
01-17-2020, 12:37 PM

djohn2oo8
01-17-2020, 01:32 PM

Go check his regular season splits And get back to me

djohn2oo8
01-17-2020, 01:33 PM
And 71 AB? It’s clear who has never played baseball. Btw, Minute Maid Park is a juice box with some of the shortest dimensions in the game. Of course people hit a lot of HR there. Especially the Crawford boxes.

djohn2oo8
01-17-2020, 01:39 PM
https://sabr.org/research/durocher-spymaster-how-much-did-giants-prosper-cheating-1951-finalist

But yeah. The “baseball is clean” crowd needs to read up

Clipper Nation
01-17-2020, 01:58 PM
There is no "baseball is clean" crowd. Two teams under investigation shows that it's not clean. All the league can really do is keep punishing cheaters whenever they get caught.

djohn2oo8
01-17-2020, 02:44 PM
There is no "baseball is clean" crowd. Two teams under investigation shows that it's not clean. All the league can really do is keep punishing cheaters whenever they get caught.
Yeah and that I do understand. It’s fair. It’s just not something that is new, especially with the Larussa allegations.

Chris
01-17-2020, 11:55 PM
Altuve and Bregman were wearing devices to help them with pitch recognition. They should both get the Pete Rose ban for life.

Benoit
01-18-2020, 04:22 AM
Imagine not thinking all teams cheat and all players are on PEDs

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Altuve and Bregman were wearing devices to help them with pitch recognition. They should both get the Pete Rose ban for life.
Retard Chris doing Retard things.

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 10:25 AM
Imagine not thinking all teams cheat and all players are on PEDs
Imagine

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 01:31 PM

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 01:34 PM
It’s his belief that there are many teams that have done what the Astros (https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/teams/houston-astros) did. As I mentioned yesterday, SI reporter Tom Verducci says at least 7 teams in the majors have been doing it and Foster believes one of those teams is the Milwaukee Brewers

Manfred knew.

Reck
01-18-2020, 01:57 PM
So stealing signs and making elaborate plans and devices is the new steroids era.

Baseball is a great way to make money fast. It's basically a legal scam organization everyone gets paid in without going to jail for it while also serving as entertainment.

GAustex
01-18-2020, 02:18 PM
Burn it down
All of em
Send them to the Mexican or Venezuelan league.
Spare no one.
That is that way it is now so let us get on with it

Reck
01-18-2020, 02:36 PM
Burn it down
All of em
Send them to the Mexican or Venezuelan league.
Spare no one.
That is that way it is now so let us get on with it

Aren't those prestigious and legit though? The Caribbean championship series is always a banger.

GAustex
01-18-2020, 02:44 PM
Let us not be selective in our persecution.
No one no matter the market.
In fact get the big fish the hardest.
Burn it down.
It is the only way now in this time of o my gawd the outrage

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 04:36 PM
So stealing signs and making elaborate plans and devices is the new steroids era.

Baseball is a great way to make money fast. It's basically a legal scam organization everyone gets paid in without going to jail for it while also serving as entertainment.
Maybe if they would have changed their damn signs regularly lol but you know. Hell Cleveland players want to bean the Stros at the plate. I say bring it.

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 04:37 PM
At the same time Reck, none of that is new. It’s faux outrage. It’s been going on for 100 years.

Chris
01-18-2020, 05:00 PM
djohn: "everyone is cheating! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Chris
01-18-2020, 05:12 PM
Don't blame you for doing damage control tbh like mono said this is the biggest scandal since the Black Sox and was a major factor in their World Series appearances. The title will always have an asterisk next to it, and will bury those excellent "Killer B'" teams and legacies like the honorable Craig Biggio and fixtures like Jeff Bagwell. This is something that sticks for hundreds of years.

Reck
01-18-2020, 05:28 PM
Don't blame you for doing damage control tbh like mono said this is the biggest scandal since the Black Sox and was a major factor in their World Series appearances. The title will always have an asterisk next to it, and will bury those excellent "Killer B'" teams and legacies like the honorable Craig Biggio and fixtures like Jeff Bagwell. This is something that sticks for hundreds of years.

Or when the next big bust comes along and replaces this one.

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 05:49 PM
Except it’s been happening for 100 years. With electronics. The Larussa White Sox. The 1951 NY Giants. 1900 Phillies. It’s nothing new. Steroid ERA was bigger because baseball knew it was happening but looked the other way until Canseco snitched

djohn2oo8
01-18-2020, 05:52 PM
The difference now is everyone is doing it. There will always be cheating In baseball because there has always been

Chris
01-18-2020, 10:16 PM
Or when the next big bust comes along and replaces this one.

Probably won't be for quite some time.

This is a whopper.

Chris
01-18-2020, 10:19 PM
Except it’s been happening for 100 years. With electronics. The Larussa White Sox. The 1951 NY Giants. 1900 Phillies. It’s nothing new. Steroid ERA was bigger because baseball knew it was happening but looked the other way until Canseco snitched

What makes baseball great is the chess match between the pictcher and the hitter. Players taking PEDs to heal up quicker or bulk up w/o lifting isn't in the same stratosphere. The Astros violated the integrity of the game in the worst possible way.

Mugen
01-19-2020, 12:15 PM
Retard Chris doing Retard things.

Glad you quoted that DuBose cuck. Came across that guy during the Rockets replay fiasco.

That guy might be one of the biggest faggots I've ever come across on Twitter.

I'd honestly be embarrassed if I was a Houston fan having that fucking nerd represent the fans POV. Honestly, the defeatist attitude of that entire fanbase is the saddest thing I've ever come across in sports.

It's fucking sad, be better than that dj :lol

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 12:55 PM

of course not

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 12:57 PM
What makes baseball great is the chess match between the pictcher and the hitter. Players taking PEDs to heal up quicker or bulk up w/o lifting isn't in the same stratosphere. The Astros violated the integrity of the game in the worst possible way.
PEDs and Steroids are illegal too Chris

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 02:04 PM
Pitchers have already come out saying they’d rather face a hitter on steroids than a hitter who knows what pitch is coming.
Except baseball doesn’t work that way. You can know what pitch is coming and still have shitty timing when it comes actually hitting it

QjngPW6XVvI

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 02:47 PM
I’ll take the pitchers’ word for it.

lol cheatstros*
Which pitchers? Fucking Marcus Stroman? :lol

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 02:48 PM
Rangers > Cheatstros :lmao
Maybe this year it will be 30 games back

https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/82636241_3820145538010765_4005217785620725760_n.jp g?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQkLnBlRDFFOq4hGBDHamNXwftvGqy-WbQSGYWcFjsqdpFMJXP-Z8lzb4zBa1Aj0hNoXf3osvRyH0XVGdZNNBibU&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&_nc_tp=12&oh=0404937b8dae540a17676176ebe9f724&oe=5EA20328

Chris
01-22-2020, 04:22 PM
Remember when people took steroids and PEDs? That was bad!

poor fella :lol

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 06:07 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VigilantPleasingFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 06:18 PM
But really, a .248 Team batting average will leave ya 30 games behind

djohn2oo8
01-22-2020, 06:27 PM
Maybe this year your national disgrace of a team will play fair.

cheatstros* :lmao
Btw, Manfred found that they did nothing illegal last year. And your poverty franchise still finished 29 games back.

Thanos
01-25-2020, 09:26 PM
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28562849/dodgers-frustrated-sign-steal-scandal-want-fake-banner-2017

“I think there's this idea that that's kind of normal across the league, what's happened. That's not normal.”

LOL Cheatstros

When do the disgraced cheaters plan to apologize to America for this historic scandal?

djohn2oo8
01-25-2020, 10:04 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/62b4a7b1fa0133729b8b44716c70358f/tenor.gif?itemid=5009267

djohn2oo8
01-28-2020, 11:15 AM
Dusty Baker it looks like.

djohn2oo8
01-28-2020, 11:36 AM
Must nail the GM pick

djohn2oo8
01-28-2020, 11:48 AM

Nightengale wouldn’t whiff on that kind of scoop

Clipper Nation
01-28-2020, 03:02 PM
Dusty Baker it looks like.

djohn2oo8
01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Manfred gave Crane a list of names. In return Manfred is pushing Woodfork from his office to get the GM position. Deal was Hinch and Luhnow had to go. In return they’d help Crane with the image rehabilitation. Hence the Baker pick.

HarlemHeat37
01-28-2020, 09:50 PM
This is far worse than PEDs, at least that era was mostly an even playing field.

The Astros took this to a new level of cheating that has never been seen in all of sports:lol what an embarrassment, how did they figure that nobody would tell at some point?

Houston's sports scene continues to embarrass itself in every league. Altuve was a cute story of a lovable underdog, now he's the worst cheater to have ever played the game.

Clipper Nation
01-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Manfred gave Crane a list of names. In return Manfred is pushing Woodfork from his office to get the GM position. Deal was Hinch and Luhnow had to go. In return they’d help Crane with the image rehabilitation. Hence the Baker pick.
So when's Bill O'Brien getting announced as the Astros' GM?

djohn2oo8
01-29-2020, 04:39 PM
2 Year deal

djohn2oo8
01-29-2020, 04:40 PM
This is far worse than PEDs, at least that era was mostly an even playing field.

The Astros took this to a new level of cheating that has never been seen in all of sports:lol what an embarrassment, how did they figure that nobody would tell at some point?

Houston's sports scene continues to embarrass itself in every league. Altuve was a cute story of a lovable underdog, now he's the worst cheater to have ever played the game.

they have a title and were An AJ Hinch away from winning another. They’ll be fine

djohn2oo8
01-29-2020, 04:41 PM
So when's Bill O'Brien getting announced as the Astros' GM?
Crane is by far a better owner than the McNair family

djohn2oo8
01-29-2020, 05:15 PM

1 year deal and possibly bringing back Hinch. Crane you slick motherfucker!

djohn2oo8
01-29-2020, 05:38 PM

Fuck it bring them both back :lol

djohn2oo8
01-29-2020, 05:49 PM

Thanos
01-29-2020, 08:43 PM
Altuve was a cute story of a lovable underdog, now he's the worst cheater to have ever played the game.
:tu

djohn2oo8
01-29-2020, 11:40 PM
Cry more (shrugs shoulder)

Chris
01-31-2020, 03:29 AM
https://i.imgur.com/dTcAHZcg.jpg

djohn2oo8
01-31-2020, 08:54 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/d1989b1fd21c93567bed6a52f907b4f9/tenor.gif?itemid=13901012

djohn2oo8
02-03-2020, 07:24 PM

Excellent hire

midnightpulp
02-09-2020, 11:49 PM
Wonder if there's a viable technology that would enable the catcher and pitcher to exchange signs, just like an NFL head coach can transmit plays to his QB over microphone? A catcher using a mic in a similar way wouldn't work out of fear of the hitter hearing his call, even if the call was coded. Some type of smartwatch-to-smartwatch transition method wouldn't work, since there would be fear the opposing team would somehow pick up on what he enters. Probably also slow the game down even more. Maybe some type of bone conduction mic that can pick jaw clenches, i.e. catcher clenches jaw three times for a curveball, pitcher hear three buzzes in in-ear mic or something.

Spurtacular
02-10-2020, 01:17 AM
djohn2oo8

https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--BFCCFFRH--/t_Resized%20Artwork/c_fit,g_north_west,h_1054,w_1054/co_ffffff,e_outline:53/co_ffffff,e_outline:inner_fill:53/co_bbbbbb,e_outline:3:1000/c_mpad,g_center,h_1260,w_1260/b_rgb:eeeeee/c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1574277017/production/designs/6815332_0.jpg

djohn2oo8
02-10-2020, 11:45 AM
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/nwo-4-life-gif-9.gif

djohn2oo8
02-13-2020, 10:05 AM
Stros with the fake apology. Crane with the “fuck the Dodgers” and Yankees, kiss the ring

https://media1.tenor.com/images/707defe1465c23ee54c4631e0b772925/tenor.gif?itemid=7207733

FrostKing
02-13-2020, 07:15 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Tm0XbpD/image0-1.jpg

MultiTroll
02-13-2020, 07:34 PM
pathetic answers by spineless Astros.
Here is one of the lessor offensive ones. Using it because i have the quote here and now and it applys to all the Astros:

"I was on that team. I take responsibility for it just like every other man that was in there," Harris said. "I'm not going to try to separate myself in any way." end quote.

Ok so what exact words and actions are you doing to "take responsibility". 'Ya we did it' -knowing full well pussy assed greedy MLB has guaranteed your immunity.

FrostKing
02-14-2020, 02:30 AM
Seeing Bergman and Altuve sitting there in press conference with Hats on looked funny. Like young boys in principals office

MultiTroll
02-14-2020, 11:18 AM
Seeing Bergman and Altuve sitting there in press conference with Hats on looked funny. Like young boys in principals office
Guy on our right looks like he is absolutely cringing. Like "How much more bullshit are we Astros going to try and peddle?"
https://chicabow.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTcwNDQzMjQ5Mjg1MDgwODYw/astros-cheater.jpg&key=31c0f1ad0b23f9d75c371cc2aa0ab2a44c9af992410d6e 23c7325de2161193e6

Clipper Nation
02-14-2020, 12:27 PM
The report said 2019 there was no illegal activity.

So much for that:

:lol Astros
:lol Cheating and losing

Chris
02-15-2020, 12:53 AM
pathetic answers by spineless Astros.
Here is one of the lessor offensive ones. Using it because i have the quote here and now and it applys to all the Astros:

"I was on that team. I take responsibility for it just like every other man that was in there," Harris said. "I'm not going to try to separate myself in any way." end quote.

Ok so what exact words and actions are you doing to "take responsibility". 'Ya we did it' -knowing full well pussy assed greedy MLB has guaranteed your immunity.

Bellinger is lit up in this interview

https://twitter.com/BlakeHarrisTBLA/status/1228378155720695808?s=19

monosylab1k
02-15-2020, 08:42 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/southern-california-little-league-teams-ban-houston-astros-name-amid-cheating-scandal-023817687.html

Several Southern California youth leagues ban ‘Astros’ team name amid cheating scandal

:lol Cheatstros getting dunked on by kids.

GAustex
02-15-2020, 11:43 AM
Wonder how much head hunting will happen and will the Astros fight back.

MultiTroll
02-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Correas pathetic cunthole response today. Not only takes zero responsibility but ups the lies to another level in *calling out* Bellenger.

It's on now.

djohn2oo8
02-16-2020, 11:39 AM

of course

MultiTroll
02-17-2020, 03:02 PM
Astros lies have reached all time levels of pathetic.

Correa, acting as Altuves *spokesperson*:

Correa told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic that Altuve did not want his jersey ripped off in celebration because Altuve had “an unfinished tattoo on his collarbone that honestly looked terrible.” Naturally, fans flocked to social media to see if they could find any photos of Altuve shirtless that would confirm or deny what Correa said. Then on Monday, Altuve walked around bare-chested in front of a group of reporters in the clubhouse. There was, indeed, a tattoo on his left collarbone.
The tattoo says “Melanie,” which is Altuve’s three-year-old daughter’s name, and has a heart. We still don’t know when Altuve got the tattoo or why it would have looked horrible at one point, but it seems like he was intentionally flashing the ink to reporters.

Rumors flew last month that Altuve did not want his jersey torn off because he was hiding an electronic buzzer that some Astros players wore to help them steal signs.
Those who are fully invested in this investigation pointed out that Altuve shared a photo on Instagram last July that showed him without a shirt on. That would have been a few months before the ALCS, and he did not have a tattoo at the time. The photo was captioned “Off Day,” and the Astros were off on July 29.
As expected, we really don’t have any answers. Altuve has a tattoo now. There’s no way of knowing when he got it, what it looked like unfinished, or if he was actually embarrassed to show it off. What we do know is that fans aren’t the only ones mocking the tattoo excuse.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jose-altuve-appears-to-send-message-by-showing-off-collarbone-tattoo/ar-BB105vjD?ocid=spartandhp

Clipper Nation
02-17-2020, 07:02 PM
Looks like the Astros' pitchers cheat too:

Reck
02-18-2020, 04:12 AM
The self implosion on this team holy shit. This team will be back into irrelevancy in no time at this pace.

monosylab1k
02-18-2020, 09:21 AM
Feels like opposing pitchers have every intention of exacting the punishment that Manfred was too big a pussy to deliver. Altuve’s career ending with a fastball to the dome would be appropriate tbh.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Feels like opposing pitchers have every intention of exacting the punishment that Manfred was too big a pussy to deliver. Altuve’s career ending with a fastball to the dome would be appropriate tbh.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/86719092_3912257262132925_6955173393788305408_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnmhzogR_WwzE7g1aZkqsWshlW1i2PL90Oo4Wpv0_4 si_CwUoqt2R0A9ZUSrXNX9HnuQIHTzwcEFGBZqfKlIVp2&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=e27b7ed86f0a564bfe45f6f8ce126512&oe=5F0264EA

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 10:29 AM
Btw, read up on the CBA and why Manfred couldn’t punish the players. :)

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 10:31 AM
The self implosion on this team holy shit. This team will be back into irrelevancy in no time at this pace.
Not on Jim Crane’s Watch

Clipper Nation
02-18-2020, 10:40 AM
Not on Jim Crane’s Watch
:lol Did you see the shit he was saying at the "apology" press conference? The guy is clearly a Jerruh/Dolan type. Now that they can't cheat anymore, they won't be relevant for much longer.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2020, 10:44 AM
Btw, read up on the CBA and why Manfred couldn’t punish the players. :)
The least Manfred could do is take that so-called "piece of metal" away from the Astros since they didn't win it legitimately. Especially since players around the league have called bullshit on the idea that they stopped cheating after that season.

The one good thing Manfred has done is vocally support baseball returning to Montreal (unlike that asshole Selig, who helped run the Expos out of town). On literally every other issue, including this Astros scandal, he makes Gary Bettman look competent by comparison.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 10:51 AM
:lol Did you see the shit he was saying at the "apology" press conference? The guy is clearly a Jerruh/Dolan type. Now that they can't cheat anymore, they won't be relevant for much longer.
No he’s neither one because he actually puts a winning product on the field

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 10:52 AM
The least Manfred could do is take that so-called "piece of metal" away from the Astros since they didn't win it legitimately. Especially since players around the league have called bullshit on the idea that they stopped cheating after that season.

The one good thing Manfred has done is vocally support baseball returning to Montreal (unlike that asshole Selig, who helped run the Expos out of town). On literally every other issue, including this Astros scandal, he makes Gary Bettman look competent by comparison.

never would have happened. Then you would have to go back to every championship and possibly confiscate it for someone who was cheating

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 11:00 AM
And Mono wants to talk about Manfred being soft. Yet Goodell fucking destroys the videotapes the 1st out of three times they have been caught cheating. Nobody was going to confiscate shit

monosylab1k
02-18-2020, 11:13 AM
And Mono wants to talk about Manfred being soft. Yet Goodell fucking destroys the videotapes the 1st out of three times they have been caught cheating. Nobody was going to confiscate shit

Is your defense really “Manfred maybe did slightly better than the worst commissioner in American sports history”?

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 11:22 AM
Is your defense really “Manfred maybe did slightly better than the worst commissioner in American sports history”?
Manfred confiscates it, then you have everyone snitching on each and every team that won. It would have been a nightmare. Like John Smoltz said three or four days ago, there are more teams who do this. It also would have been a war with MLBPA

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 11:25 AM
Eric Gagne wrote that book that 80% of his Dodger teammates were on roids. They get accused two different times by two teams of electronic sign stealing. That 2000 Yankee squad was juiced to high hell. After a while nobody cares anymore.

monosylab1k
02-18-2020, 12:21 PM
Your team got caught. End of story.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 04:52 PM
And I don’t give a shit. What are you gonna do about it? Halfway support the Rangers when they inevitably fade into irrelevance again by the all star break?

Clipper Nation
02-18-2020, 05:42 PM
No he’s neither one because he actually puts a winning product on the field

Correction: he puts a cheating product on the field.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 06:43 PM

yep

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 06:47 PM
Correction: he puts a cheating product on the field.
So do the Yankees, Red Sox, and every other team.

tb5
02-18-2020, 09:01 PM
The sign stealing thing is way overblown. All teams have done some form of this over the years to try to get a competitive advantage. Bottom line: You still have to hit the ball! It's unfortunate that players are resorting to threats over it and every player who ever got torched by the Astros is coming out of the woodwork crying foul. They could have changed their signs. What MLB should do from here forward is outlaw it and officially state that teams caught doing this will forfeit all games that season and players involved will be suspended 50 games.

FrostKing
02-18-2020, 09:12 PM
The sign stealing thing is way overblown. All teams have done some form of this over the years to try to get a competitive advantage. Bottom line: You still have to hit the ball! It's unfortunate that players are resorting to threats over it and every player who ever got torched by the Astros is coming out of the woodwork crying foul. They could have changed their signs. What MLB should do from here forward is outlaw it and officially state that teams caught doing this will forfeit all games that season and players involved will be suspended 50 games.
Camera use is the difference maker

djohn2oo8
02-18-2020, 11:31 PM

Clipper Nation
02-18-2020, 11:56 PM

It's not overblown, the rules are pletty clear. Stealing signs using your own wits is okay. Using technology to systematically steal signs, like the Astros did, is blatant cheating. Anyone in the big leagues would look good if they knew exactly which pitch was coming all the time.

Neo.
02-19-2020, 12:52 AM
And I don’t give a shit. What are you gonna do about it? Halfway support the Rangers when they inevitably fade into irrelevance again by the all star break?

tbh if you dont care then idk why are you defending it so strongly

Spurtacular
02-19-2020, 01:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Urcto9-lM

Spurtacular
02-19-2020, 01:41 AM
Why isn't Jim Crane, the owner banned for life?

monosylab1k
02-19-2020, 12:11 PM
These are professionals, if they know what pitch is coming, it might as well be sitting on a tee. This is the equivalent of a poker player seeing his opponents cards, maybe bad luck causes him to lose a hand here or there, but there’s no virtually no way he loses overall.

djohn2oo8
02-19-2020, 01:29 PM

what’s that Joe?

djohn2oo8
02-19-2020, 01:31 PM
“To the hit.....to the guy on second base” :rollin clean it up Joe

monosylab1k
02-19-2020, 06:44 PM
You got caught. Nobody else did*. End of story.

*pending the Red Sox investigation, which is still your baby because of Alex C*ra

monosylab1k
02-19-2020, 06:46 PM
Cheatstros: Cheaters
Rangers: Not Cheaters

That’s it and that’s all.

Spurtacular
02-20-2020, 01:27 AM

what’s that Joe?

A guy on second base stealing signals is the same as the Astros using technology / signals on every pitch?

Reck
02-20-2020, 02:15 AM
You got caught. Nobody else did*. End of story.

*pending the Red Sox investigation, which is still your baby because of Alex C*ra

Yeah whatever happened to that investigation? Red Sox make too much money for the MLB to come hard on them.

djohn2oo8
02-21-2020, 01:30 AM

Astros: Champions
Rangers: Not champions

thats it and that’s all

oh

and

https://scontent.fiws1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/87035825_3921194737905844_9054372332251906048_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmmTEP-rgwIL25Ame97mnjnciIWT2iWnUYj8ZUz-uGvO5Fadpci-8H3WsGwGMUg2DdfenDToSOKys-QNnhGOBcZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.fna&_nc_tp=14&oh=fc791fa6a0875febd5ef80ecc14abd17&oe=5EC8E382

djohn2oo8
02-21-2020, 09:02 AM

Clipper Nation
02-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Astros: Champions
Rangers: Not champions

thats it and that’s all

oh

and

https://scontent.fiws1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/87035825_3921194737905844_9054372332251906048_n.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmmTEP-rgwIL25Ame97mnjnciIWT2iWnUYj8ZUz-uGvO5Fadpci-8H3WsGwGMUg2DdfenDToSOKys-QNnhGOBcZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.fna&_nc_tp=14&oh=fc791fa6a0875febd5ef80ecc14abd17&oe=5EC8E382

djohn2oo8
02-21-2020, 10:38 AM

djohn2oo8
02-21-2020, 10:41 AM

Once again been going on for years

MultiTroll
02-21-2020, 12:11 PM
:cry other individuals or teams did it in the past so Cheatstros advanced cheating should have zero accountability :cry

Neo.
02-21-2020, 12:18 PM

and this is proof of how idiotic houston fans are

this faggot went to find history of teams cheating

the 1980 white sox went a whopping 70-90. they didnt win a world series and mvp award

then he listed 5 other teams in history, NONE of whom won a world series, some of which didnt even make playoffs

to add to it, he claimed the 1940 tigers won the world series. except for the fact that they didnt.

literally none of these examples are remotely comparable to what houston did, and what it helped them accomplish

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao houston fans

monosylab1k
02-21-2020, 01:24 PM

Clipper Nation
02-21-2020, 06:32 PM

monosylab1k
02-21-2020, 10:42 PM
Now Astros players are using the “:cry we’re getting death threats :cry” ploy to garner sympathy :lol can’t just admit they were wrong and deal with the consequences like men, they gotta deflect and point fingers and try for sympathy brownie points the whole way down.

Reck
02-21-2020, 10:50 PM
Now Astros players are using the “:cry we’re getting death threats :cry” ploy to garner sympathy :lol can’t just admit they were wrong and deal with the consequences like men, they gotta deflect and point fingers and try for sympathy brownie points the whole way down.

Altuve and Correa's career is pretty much dead. They better hope the Astros keeps them tbh.

djohn2oo8
02-22-2020, 01:48 PM
Altuve and Correa's career is pretty much dead. They better hope the Astros keeps them tbh.
Lol no they aren’t dead. If they were, you think the Yankees would return Cole and the Dodgers wouldn’t have traded for alleged cheaters Price and Betts

djohn2oo8
02-22-2020, 01:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERZBJQfXkAA7oKE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Reck
02-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Lol no they aren’t dead. If they were, you think the Yankees would return Cole and the Dodgers wouldn’t have traded for alleged cheaters Price and Betts

Pitchers are more valuable than hitters. In this case at least.

*Not in the Dodgers case. Mookie is one of a kind while price is 1 in a dozen.

djohn2oo8
02-22-2020, 06:30 PM

Mono told me all this was just to garner sympathy. Death threats are off limits and can lead to jail. Families should especially be off limits. They had nothing to do with it.

DeadlyDynasty
02-22-2020, 06:31 PM
Can’t wait to see the amount of brawls these clowns have to fight every night. If I’m an AL West team I bring Kyle Farnsworth out of retirement just to beat the living shit out of Houston’s players

djohn2oo8
02-22-2020, 06:39 PM
Can’t wait to see the amount of brawls these clowns have to fight every night. If I’m an AL West team I bring Kyle Farnsworth out of retirement just to beat the living shit out of Houston’s players
There wont be any. Btw, maybe other players should read up on their own bargaining agreement and who the MLBPA protects, and actually works for. It was never going to be any punishment on the players, their own gotdayum union wouldn’t allow it. Bunch of cocksucking morons :lol

djohn2oo8
02-22-2020, 06:48 PM
Pitchers are more valuable than hitters. In this case at least.

*Not in the Dodgers case. Mookie is one of a kind while price is 1 in a dozen.
Not what’s happening here in this case. Yankees said the Astros were cheating in 2019 too, yet had no problem signing a player who was part of what they are alleging. Dodgers had no problem calling out cheaters but trading for two. It’s all theater.

djohn2oo8
02-23-2020, 06:18 PM

Of course there’s a culture of it in baseball. It’s been a culture of it for 100 years. Nothings changed in that regard because nobody is willing to go on record with it besides two people ever. Canseco and Fiers

Spurtacular
02-26-2020, 11:06 PM
Not what’s happening here in this case. Yankees said the Astros were cheating in 2019 too, yet had no problem signing a player who was part of what they are alleging. Dodgers had no problem calling out cheaters but trading for two. It’s all theater.

The Yankees are your moral compass?

Good luck with that, bro. :lol