PDA

View Full Version : Places Where the American Dream Is Dead

boutons_deux
01-13-2020, 10:12 PM
Nearly ALL red states, mostly slave states, as they never recovered from their traitorous War for Slavery

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2020/01/13/places-where-the-american-dream-is-dead/

boutons_deux
01-13-2020, 10:23 PM
Once a sadistic, brutal slave state, always a sadistic, brutal slave state

Mississippi Supreme Court upholds

12-year sentence for father of 3 who had cell phone in jail

convicted of violating a Mississippi statute of illegal possession of contraband while incarcerated.

On Aug. 23, 2018, Mississippi judge Mark Sheldon Duncan sentenced Willie Nash to 12 years in prison.

He said that Nash should “consider himself fortunate,” for not receiving a maximum 15 years in prison …

for possessing a cell phone in jail.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1911259

Will Hunting
01-13-2020, 10:39 PM
If you’ve never read about Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (the place that’s number 1 on OPs list) you should. It’s crazy that a country this rich has hell holes like that place in it, I think 4 out of every 5 girls born there are either molested or raped before their 18th birthday.

Blake
01-13-2020, 10:53 PM
If you’ve never read about Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (the place that’s number 1 on OPs list) you should. It’s crazy that a country this rich has hell holes like that place in it, I think 4 out of every 5 girls born there are either molested or raped before their 18th birthday.

I drove through New Mexico this summer passing through reservation territories. Other than the bigger cities, the whole state seems like a poor hell hole

DMC
01-13-2020, 10:55 PM
Blue state

Will Hunting
01-13-2020, 10:56 PM
I drove through New Mexico this summer passing through reservation territories. Other than the bigger cities, the whole state seems like a poor hell hole
Yeah I’ve driven through NM too and def agree but I’m talking about a place in South Dakota which is supposedly the worst Indian reservation in the US (most violent, most poor, alcoholism, etc)

DMX7
01-13-2020, 11:00 PM

It has the poorest country in the USA. If I were them, I might considering ditching the reservation status and integrate into the state.

Will Hunting
01-13-2020, 11:10 PM
It has the poorest country in the USA. If I were them, I might considering ditching the reservation status and integrate into the state.
:lol how would a bunch of uneducated dirt poor native Americans integrate with the rest of the state?

boutons_deux
01-13-2020, 11:10 PM

and the white man has recently removed trials off the reservations, or something like that, so NA's have less say in their "autonomous" reservations.

ElNono
01-13-2020, 11:56 PM
boutons' house, pho show

SnakeBoy
01-14-2020, 07:32 AM
boutons' house, pho show

:lol

CosmicCowboy
01-14-2020, 11:29 AM
In Boutons mothers cigarette smoke filled single wide.

CosmicCowboy
01-14-2020, 11:31 AM
boutons' house, pho show

Damn. Beat me to it. :lol

Chucho
01-14-2020, 11:44 AM
California. The Democrats are in the midst of lower and middle class genocide. They brag about the riches of the state and then beg for money to help the people they wont help with any of the $10s of billions they've generated in the tax revenues that they have yet to announce any major plans for.

LOL, Boutons "oligarchy" doesn't have shit on Cali Democrats.

Chucho
01-14-2020, 11:46 AM
In Boutons mothers cigarette smoke filled single wide.

Prolly those shitty minature cigars rolled in cigarette tubes that cost like what a loaf of bread costs. I can not imagine them being able to afford real cigarettes.

SpursforSix
01-14-2020, 11:50 AM

I saw a pretty good doc on this a few months ago, "On a Knife's Edge". Main focus was the struggle to close down a handful of liquor stores. Was just now looking for an update and looks like they were somewhat successful although it didn't really get rid of the alcohol problem.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/29/pine-ridge-indian-reservation-south-dakota

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 11:53 AM
California. The Democrats are in the midst of lower and middle class genocide. They brag about the riches of the state and then beg for money to help the people they wont help with any of the $10s of billions they've generated in the tax revenues that they have yet to announce any major plans for.

:dramaquee

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 12:00 PM
I saw a pretty good doc on this a few months ago, "On a Knife's Edge". Main focus was the struggle to close down a handful of liquor stores. Was just now looking for an update and looks like they were somewhat successful although it didn't really get rid of the alcohol problem.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/29/pine-ridge-indian-reservation-south-dakota
They never will, imo all making it a dry county does is cripple their economy. In the book I read the author specifically mentioned a liquor store only ~10 miles away from the reservation in Nebraska that was in the middle of nowhere but did an insane amount in sales because of its proximity to Pine Ridge. That’s never getting shut down so might as well have alcohol on the reservation so when its people spend money on liquor it’s not money that leaves the reservation.

Chucho
01-14-2020, 12:06 PM
:dramaquee

I forgot, only red states and their small patches of poverty are worth mentioning. We don't need to talk about why 1/3rd of all homeless are in the richest state in the country. Wayyy more happening in small, unknown Indian reservations.

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 12:09 PM
I forgot, only red states and their small patches of poverty are worth mentioning. We don't need to talk about why 1/3rd of all homeless are in the richest state in the country. Wayyy more happening in small, unknown Indian reservations.
poverty? yes

genocide on lower and middle class? :dramaquee

Chucho
01-14-2020, 12:15 PM
poverty? yes

genocide on lower and middle class? :dramaquee

When Trump's administration is more transparent, shit is wrong in a major way. I'll just leave it at this; California's erosion is easily the most under reported, under stated issue going on in the US right now.

SpursforSix
01-14-2020, 01:25 PM
They never will, imo all making it a dry county does is cripple their economy. In the book I read the author specifically mentioned a liquor store only ~10 miles away from the reservation in Nebraska that was in the middle of nowhere but did an insane amount in sales because of its proximity to Pine Ridge. That’s never getting shut down so might as well have alcohol on the reservation so when its people spend money on liquor it’s not money that leaves the reservation.

Iirc, the liquor stores were in a different county. Just right on the other side of the border. Actually, I think it's the one in Nebraska. It was actually a couple of stores but they were owned by the same company.
What book did you read? I'd be interested in checking it out.

There's a really good book telling the story of the Osage Indians that's pretty recent, "Killers of the Flower Moon". In a nutshell, it tells the story of the Osage's and how they became the richest people per capital in the world and then were basically fucked out of a lot of it and some murdered.

CosmicCowboy
01-14-2020, 01:38 PM

Anyone that has ever watched a classic Western knows Indians can't hold their firewater.

tenbeersbold
01-14-2020, 02:19 PM
Owsley County, Ky., is . . . not great. It is the poorest county in the United States (https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/white-ghetto-kevin-d-williamson/). It has the second-highest level of child poverty in the country. Almost a quarter of the population under the age of 65 is classified as having a disability. It is 98 percent white. It is an overwhelmingly Republican county.

Owsley County’s median household income is half of Baltimore’s, and its poverty rate is 70 percent higher, but it has a violent crime rate that not only is radically lower than Baltimore’s but much lower than the national average (https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/white-ghetto-kevin-d-williamson/).

The state of the schools in big American cities, for example, is very closely linked to the character of American public-sector unions and to their stranglehold on the Democratic party, which stifles competition and innovation and prevents the enactment of measures to ensure basic accountability. Moneyed suburban districts in which there is real school choice — because families can afford to choose — tend to have much better public schools, even where they have a larger share of students in private schools. But, again, there is no straightforward policy narrative: Owsley County’s high-school graduation rate is 28 points higher than the Milwaukee public school district’.

From a great article in the National Review by a Black writer

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/which-party-can-we-blame-for-poverty-and-crime/

tenbeersbold
01-14-2020, 02:28 PM
Best part is what is one of the main drivers of wealth inequality in the USA is the investment arms of the major public employees/teachers unions such as TIAA
That invest huge sums in hedge funds and financial services that exploit every loophole to rake in profits to fund the over generous pensions that all state/county and govt employees have essentially given themselves through bad faith bargaining for the last 25 plus years.

The Democratic party can't reign in Wall Street because it's paying its party members retirement incomes that fund the huge houses that lead to zoning restrictions in all the big Democratic run cities that have housing shortages.Gotta laugh,all of the homeless crisis cities with overpriced housing etc are DEMOCRAT party cities.

Winehole23
01-14-2020, 02:28 PM

LOL, Boutons "oligarchy" doesn't have shit on Cali Democrats.The trend for the last 10 years is a massive transfer of wealth and property from poor and middle class people to corporations and billionaires. We're currently at Gilded Age levels of inequality.

Trump and Republicans have done nothing to reverse the trend. It's not California or Democrat specific.

boutons_deux
01-14-2020, 02:30 PM
Chucho is so goddamn FUCKING STUPID, evidenced by his anti-California bias.

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 02:38 PM
The trend for the last 10 years is a massive transfer of wealth and property from poor and middle class people to corporations and billionaires. We're currently at Gilded Age levels of inequality.

Trump and Republicans have done nothing to reverse the trend. It's not California or Democrat specific.
its exacerbated in areas with abnormally high costs of living, like LA and the Bay Area

Winehole23
01-14-2020, 02:50 PM
its exacerbated in areas with abnormally high costs of living, like LA and the Bay AreaNo doubt about it. The fees and fines associated with state government also make it worse.

Winehole23
01-14-2020, 02:55 PM
Fact of the matter is Millenials will be worse off than their parents. When a whole generation of people, even those who do the right things (college education, salaried job in your field straight out of college) can't afford buy a home or start a family due to the onerous debt load, society as a whole suffers.

Time for a debt jubilee, tbh. The alternative is the standard of living for everyone being dragged down by debt.

Chucho
01-14-2020, 03:04 PM
The trend for the last 10 years is a massive transfer of wealth and property from poor and middle class people to corporations and billionaires. We're currently at Gilded Age levels of inequality.

That's always existed. The wealth gap and the 1% aren't just a decade old. I will disagree. I've been here a full decade this past Dec. 1.

Got here in the peak of the recession. It sucked. 10 years later, the state is doing quite well. Wages are up. The state has surpluses and giant, new tax revenues.

Petty crime is up, more and more students are dropping out, programs removed from public schools due to budget cuts haven't been returned to curriculum with the loads of "progressive" education that has been mandated and added the last 3-4 years.

The massive transfer of wealth hasn't accelerated 300-400x the past 10 years the way the homeless population in California has.

It's not a government problem. What California is experiencing is inherent to the people running this place, their complete disregard and refusal to address the issues. The costs of living are high, I understand that, but even with the MASSIVE influx of people moving away from the expensive areas into the lower-cost areas (again, I'm at ground zero for all of this)...

The government squeezed out over 250,000 SMB jobs in most of these smaller markets. These jobs didn't die, they went over state lines where you can own a business, give your employees a liveable wage and actually make some money. You don't get a $20k "pay your share despite already paying all of your taxes, but we're broke" tax bill from the state because we're in debt to the feds.

You have to live here and be in it to know it. Sorry, but I just can't buy your line here.

Chucho
01-14-2020, 03:06 PM
Fact of the matter is Millenials will be worse off than their parents. When a whole generation of people, even those who do the right things (college education, salaried job in your field straight out of college) can't afford buy a home or start a family due to the onerous debt load, society as a whole suffers.

Time for a debt jubilee, tbh. The alternative is the standard of living for everyone being dragged down by debt.

This is another issue. Not everyone is going to have the same standard of living, but that isn't a reality this generation will hear.

Most of us just don't want to save money. Period. We live to live outside our means and keep pace with the higher standards of living of those that can truly afford it.

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 03:15 PM
Anyone that has ever watched a classic Western knows Indians can't hold their firewater.
In all seriousness they actually are genetically prone to becoming alcoholics. Asians are the opposite where they have some genetic feature which makes it unlikely for them to ever be alcoholic.

AaronY
01-14-2020, 03:22 PM

California has actually been running a budget surplus and the new tax bill Trump passed takes some of Cali's income and redistributes that money to red states and makes them California's welfare babies actually.

California's real problem is all the NIMBY liberal cocksuckers who won't allow anyone to build any fucking housing. How hard is it to just build more fucking houses.

TheGreatYacht
01-14-2020, 03:24 PM
I think it really comes down to this...would you rather live in a rural redneck town where you don't have waste an hour in traffic jam to get to work? Where you don't have to wait big lines at the bank to cash your paycheck? Where you can literally get to anywhere in 5-10 minutes?

Or would you rather live in a diverse urban/suburban crowded town where traffic jams are almost a must? Where there are different options of grocery stores, clothing stores, hospitals, gyms, etc.?

Both styles of life have their pros and cons IMO.

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 03:25 PM
California has actually been running a budget surplus and the new tax bill Trump passed takes some of Cali's income and redistributes that money to red states and makes them California's welfare babies actually.

California's real problem is all the NIMBY liberal cocksuckers who won't allow anyone to build any fucking housing. How hard is it to just build more fucking houses.
The red states have always been California’s welfare babies when you look at tax revenue vs. gubbamint entitlements that go towards each state :lol

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 03:26 PM
I think it really comes down to this...would you rather live in a rural redneck town where you don't have waste an hour in traffic jam to get to work? Where you don't have to wait big lines at the bank to cash your paycheck? Where you can literally get to anywhere in 5-10 minutes?

Or would you rather live in a diverse urban/suburban crowded town where traffic jams are almost a must? Where there are different options of grocery stores, clothing stores, hospitals, gyms, etc.?

Both styles of life have their pros and cons IMO.
Wait in line at the bank to cash your paycheck? Who the fuck still does that :lol

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 03:28 PM
Iirc, the liquor stores were in a different county. Just right on the other side of the border. Actually, I think it's the one in Nebraska. It was actually a couple of stores but they were owned by the same company.
What book did you read? I'd be interested in checking it out.

There's a really good book telling the story of the Osage Indians that's pretty recent, "Killers of the Flower Moon". In a nutshell, it tells the story of the Osage's and how they became the richest people per capital in the world and then were basically fucked out of a lot of it and some murdered.
Name of the book is Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt, by Chris Hedges.

TheGreatYacht
01-14-2020, 03:28 PM
Wait in line at the bank to cash your paycheck? Who the fuck still does that :lol

I always see a lot of Mexicans inside and outside the banks on Fridays tbh :lol, most of them look like they work in construction.

Chucho
01-14-2020, 03:31 PM

Where in Cali are people not allowed to build? I was in the Bay all weekend and all over apartment/condo/town home complexes are being built. The skyline looks like 80's Miami with all the cranes.

New developments are all over here in the Central Valley (Sacramento to Fresno, basically) as we see 1,000's and 1,000s of people getting squeezed out of the Bay and moving here, which has driven rents through the roof.

Here is another instance of the state Democrats being disingenuous as only they can be- to make it look like they were helping with the rent gouging, they passed a Rent Cap law...but gave Landlords hella notice and basically said "make sure you poach the fuck out of them before you can't." Unmitigated nightmare for a LOT of people here. Modest 800 sq. ft. 2 bed homes that were $1k went to $1,600.00 literally over night for a lot of people going month to month. It drove many, many people to the streets.

If not the most corrupt, certainly the most disingenuous state government.

Chucho
01-14-2020, 03:35 PM

Fuck...Next to "whitey", the banks are the biggest boogeymen of mistrust for poor people. We wanted to give direct deposit to our employees and we needed 80% (25 employees) participation. We found out 50% of our employees didn't want it because they didn't have bank accounts.

That "I hate that because I fucked it up" syndrome. Probably because of garnished wages of some sort or hot checks and, either way, can't get a bank account.

ChumpDumper
01-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Best part is what is one of the main drivers of wealth inequality in the USA is the investment arms of the major public employees/teachers unions such as TIAA
That invest huge sums in hedge funds and financial services that exploit every loophole to rake in profits to fund the over generous pensions that all state/county and govt employees have essentially given themselves through bad faith bargaining for the last 25 plus years.

The Democratic party can't reign in Wall Street because it's paying its party members retirement incomes that fund the huge houses that lead to zoning restrictions in all the big Democratic run cities that have housing shortages.Gotta laugh,all of the homeless crisis cities with overpriced housing etc are DEMOCRAT party cities.:lol Where did you pick up this talking point?

Spurs Homer
01-14-2020, 03:38 PM

ah yes-

hollywood never ever resorted to any tired stereotypes at all

AaronY
01-14-2020, 03:38 PM
Where in Cali are people not allowed to build? I was in the Bay all weekend and all over apartment/condo/town home complexes are being built. The skyline looks like 80's Miami with all the cranes.

New developments are all over here in the Central Valley (Sacramento to Fresno, basically) as we see 1,000's and 1,000s of people getting squeezed out of the Bay and moving here, which has driven rents through the roof.

Here is another instance of the state Democrats being disingenuous as only they can be- to make it look like they were helping with the rent gouging, they passed a Rent Cap law...but gave Landlords hella notice and basically said "make sure you poach the fuck out of them before you can't." Unmitigated nightmare for a LOT of people here. Modest 800 sq. ft. 2 bed homes that were $1k went to $1,600.00 literally over night for a lot of people going month to month. It drove many, many people to the streets.

If not the most corrupt, certainly the most disingenuous state government.
How have you not been following the SB50 debates and battles? :lol :lol

There is also an excess of taxes and costs and other shit they do in Cali to where in some cases it cost like $80k to even break ground in some cases. If you want to hit Dems in California their policies which make housing prices exorbitant and preventing building of new houses is the ticket. Especially bashing these hypocrite shithead liberal NIMBY neighborhood orgs is the way to go

AaronY
01-14-2020, 03:40 PM
It doesnt even matter that much what kind of housing it is too much either. Even if it is upper middle or even upper class housing studies or apartments show that people who got promoted or saved money up will move from lower middle class housing to the upper middle classes and it will create more vacancies in the lower middle class market.

Chucho
01-14-2020, 03:51 PM

There is also an excess of taxes and costs and other shit they do in Cali to where in some cases it cost like $80k to even break ground in some cases. If you want to hit Dems in California their policies which make housing prices exorbitant and preventing building of new houses is the ticket. Especially bashing these hypocrite shithead liberal NIMBY neighborhood orgs is the way to go

:tu

Chucho
01-14-2020, 03:52 PM
ah yes-

hollywood never ever resorted to any tired stereotypes at all

Coming from you, that's ironic.

AaronY
01-14-2020, 03:54 PM
:tu

Some of these people that bash housing that gets built if its too nice literally dont know that as people go through life and save up their earnings and get promotions they graduate from smaller apartments/condos/houses to bigger ones. And that when bigger ones get built there will then be smaller ones empty from the people who left them

AaronY
01-14-2020, 03:54 PM
Imagine knowing less about housing than a fucking shellfish

f1dnocPQXDQ

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 03:55 PM

It doesnt even matter that much what kind of housing it is too much either. Even if it is upper middle or even upper class housing studies or apartments show that people who got promoted or saved money up will move from lower middle class housing to the upper middle classes and it will create more vacancies in the lower middle class market.
cant speak for CA as a whole, but one of LA's biggest issues is the disproportionate amount of single family residences compared to apartment/condominium projects.

TheGreatYacht
01-14-2020, 03:56 PM
California is the perfect example of what happens when you open up the borders and have laxed immigration policies.

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 04:00 PM
California is the perfect example of what happens when you open up the borders and have laxed immigration policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiP7ZRwQmJE

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 04:02 PM
cant speak for CA as a whole, but one of LA's biggest issues is the disproportionate amount of single family residences compared to apartment/condominium projects.
this is a very good piece that i believe i have shared here before... https://la.curbed.com/2018/9/10/17827982/single-family-houses-los-angeles-zoning-rules-explained

Today, close to half of all developable land in the city is still set aside for single-family homes, not apartments or other forms of housing that could hold more people.

Just under two thirds of land in the city of Los Angeles is now zoned to allow residential construction, according to the Department of City Planning. Of that total, more than 75 percent is reserved for single-family homes or duplexes.

Other U.S. cities dedicate similarly large portions of land (https://www.seattletimes.com/business/real-estate/amid-seattles-rapid-growth-most-new-housing-restricted-to-a-few-areas/) to single-family housing, but LA’s suburban-style streets stand in stark contrast to the density of big cities such as New York and Chicago.

Compounding the housing shortage is the legacy of plans for the city’s development made in the 1970s, when residents and local leaders sought to slow LA’s growth by limiting the amount of housing that developers could build.

As Morrow points out, Los Angeles was zoned to hold up to 10 million residents in 1960. By 1990, the city had capacity for just 3.9 million residents.

Today, that number has increased slightly but so has LA’s population—the city is home to roughly 4 million people (https://la.curbed.com/2016/5/3/11584732/los-angeles-population-millennials). As of 2010, it was zoned to hold just 4.3 million residents.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Sk6pWnZy2ULdHydBvd2RYDTXi-8=/0x0:6953x4699/1820x1213/filters:focal(2921x1794:4033x2906):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/61268193/GettyImages_1017024694.0.jpg

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 04:13 PM
yes, even building more single family residences would help in its own way, but if you could use the same amount of space to to house 3-4x the people, its the obvious answer. but yes, nimby types are an issue. i mean i get it if you are very well off and spend a lot of money to live in studio city, beverly hills, hollywood hills, or malibu... but not areas like the west valley

boutons_deux
01-14-2020, 04:15 PM

what are the characteristics of your "example"

CA has almost $50B in agricultural production. How many non-Hispanics do you think are among CA's ag workers?

AaronY
01-14-2020, 04:19 PM
SB50 is supposed to build a lot around rail lines and build apartment buildings etc. People complain about their skyline and view being ruined when an apartment complex is built but its really the only way to build a lot of dense housing. Also, its somewhat human nature if they built a huge amount housing around my house and created more vacancies and properties for sale my house value would subsequently go down. But we're liberals we are supposed to be trying to help out the poor out and not be selfish which is why the hypocrisy is so aggravating

spurraider21
01-14-2020, 04:19 PM
SB50 is supposed to build a lot around rail lines and build apartment buildings etc. People complain about their skyline and view being ruined when an apartment complex is built but its really the only way to build a lot of dense housing. Also, its somewhat human nature if they built a huge amount housing around my house and created more vacancies and properties for sale my house value would subsequently go down. But we're liberals we are supposed to be trying to help out the poor out and not be selfish which is why the hypocrisy is so aggravating
yep

house prices are so astronomical in LA (i know there are some worse areas, but none with LA's population) that almost your entire financial story can be told by the value of your home. so many people in LA right now have just about all of their wealth because they bought homes 30 years ago that have quadrupled in value since then, so they're just sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars in equity

Spurs Homer
01-14-2020, 04:30 PM
Coming from you, that's ironic.

lolol

hollywood was never creative enough to imagine there would someday-

be a native american

who supported the white man - white supremacist - after the nazis had committed genocide against native americans

maybe hlwd can do it now - im sure joaquin phoenix could dress up and play the part

Chucho
01-14-2020, 04:47 PM
lolol

hollywood was never creative enough to imagine there would someday-

be a native american

who supported the white man - white supremacist - after the nazis had committed genocide against native americans

maybe hlwd can do it now - im sure joaquin phoenix could dress up and play the part

I'm part Hispanic. My Mexican descendants murdered more Natives, about 10x more in 1/5th the time than the whites murdered my American Native ancestors. I'm a fucking quagmire and you must really, really hate me because I'm on both sides of the victim fence.

Spurs Homer
01-14-2020, 05:05 PM
I'm part Hispanic. My Mexican descendants murdered more Natives, about 10x more in 1/5th the time than the whites murdered my American Native ancestors. I'm a fucking quagmire and you must really, really hate me because I'm on both sides of the victim fence.

i dont hate you for whatever label you claim to place on yourself

i do point out how stupid a person is for defending an evil nazi
the only people i dont trip on- who defend the nazi-

are nazis- themselves- because that is who and what they are: pieces of rotten shit who support their hero

anyone- i mean anyone

who is NOT a nazi

and supports the nazi in chief- is just plain stupid and really unaware

if the shoe fits...

Chucho
01-14-2020, 05:11 PM
i dont hate you for whatever label you claim to place on yourself

i do point out how stupid a person is for defending an evil nazi
the only people i dont trip on- who defend the nazi-

are nazis- themselves- because that is who and what they are: pieces of rotten shit who support their hero

anyone- i mean anyone

who is NOT a nazi

and supports the nazi in chief- is just plain stupid and really unaware

if the shoe fits...

Yeah...it's just easier to call you a fucking retard, you fucking retard.

Spurs Homer
01-14-2020, 05:35 PM
Yeah...it's just easier to call you a fucking retard, you fucking retard.

does not change the facts;

you defend the nazi

i dont

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 09:57 PM

Exactly this, I’m assuming there’s an environmental agenda behind it but I don’t fully understand all of CAs regulations about new construction other than its local government regulations getting out of control. The homeless problem in CA is largely due to people who were working their ass off but at some point just couldn’t pay for a place to live anymore.

As you said it’s not even a question of affordable vs unaffordable housing, they just need any kind of fucking housing at this point. Even setting that aside there would be plenty of opportunity to build afford housing with LIHTCs or another program but California is so unfriendly to new development that no one wants to touch it.

Burlington Vermont is the same way too btw, housing costs in Burlington are out of control because of complex regulations around building new apartments.

Will Hunting
01-14-2020, 10:05 PM
The way the homeless problem in CA is getting handled clearly isn’t working either. San Francisco spends more more on helping them homeless than any other city does on a per homeless capita basis yet theyve got one of the worst homeless problems in the country. Something there doesn’t jibe. Iirc SF even announced recently that they won’t prosecute vagrants for stuff like taking a shit out in the middle of the street because doing otherwise would be :cry criminalizing homeslessness :cry. Liberalism gone completely wrong.

DMX7
01-15-2020, 12:01 AM
:lol how would a bunch of uneducated dirt poor native Americans integrate with the rest of the state?

I mean the reservation itself could be abolished and let the state gov run schools and other stuff. I don’t really know how reservations work, lol.

ElNono
01-15-2020, 12:07 AM

meh... yeah, it's expensive, but so is living in New York or any of the truly major economic hubs, tbh...

ElNono
01-15-2020, 12:14 AM

yup, housing is the first place to start.

tenbeersbold
01-15-2020, 12:18 PM
:lol Where did you pick up this talking point?

Its called reading other news sources like Bloomberg,Financial Times,WSJ etc
As evidenced by other posters in this thread who read as well.Zoning restrictions are a huge impediment to housing in big cities that just happen to almost exclusively be run by Democrats
Teachers unions like TIAA have over a trillion dollars invested in the market in the USA and abroad because they need to fund the over generous pensions they give out.

The market is the biggest driver of wealth inequality there is
And state/govt employee unions are some of the largest investors hence any Democrats claims to reignn in Wall Street aren't politically feasible their union base is too strong

ChumpDumper
01-15-2020, 12:21 PM
Its called reading other news sources like Bloomberg,Financial Times,WSJ etc
As evidenced by other posters in this thread who read as well.Zoning restrictions are a huge impediment to housing in big cities that just happen to almost exclusively be run by Democrats
Teachers unions like TIAA have over a trillion dollars invested in the market in the USA and abroad because they need to fund the over generous pensions they give out.

The market is the biggest driver of wealth inequality there is
And state/govt employee unions are some of the largest investors hence any Democrats claims to reignn in Wall Street aren't politically feasible their union base is too strong:lol You still haven't said where you got this talking point.

boutons_deux
01-15-2020, 12:44 PM
municipal politicians, regulators, tax assessors, zoning operations are bought by the real estate industry

that CA's zoning problems are caused by lefty pension funds is bullshit.

and raising rents has nothing to do with govt, but strictly Capitalists charging what the market (can just barely) bear.

p/e, having stolen 4M homes in 2009, is buying up homes to hold them empty to flip when the price rising, forcing people into apts where they get screwed by the Capitalists owning the apts.

Capitalists are usurious gatekeepers to the necessities of life: health care, housing, water, electricity, while they poison the air, land, water.

CosmicCowboy
01-15-2020, 01:01 PM
SA has a homeless, shitting on the streets problem too. Fuckers use my fence downtown as a shitter...multiple greasy shits splattered and running down the wall...stinks like a motherfucker. Went out to my truck yesterday and one of them was jacking off right there in public under the I35 bridge 30 feet from my truck. Drugged out fuckers just lay around like turtles sleeping all day.

boutons_deux
01-15-2020, 01:21 PM
Trash and Repugs are working to make the dead zones, are almost ALL red, even more deaderer

rural and small town hospitals, clinics are closing

USPS offices, esp rural ones, and USPS in general have been a Repug target for decades.

Trash's tariffs have bankrupted 1000s of small farmers

Urbanization has been going on for 100+ years, and there's no stopping it.

Cities/suburbs are where the jobs, money, services are.

Trash's Exec is allowing BigNetwork to abandon underserved areas, while Internet (access to info) has become a necessity of life.

AaronY
01-15-2020, 02:34 PM
The way the homeless problem in CA is getting handled clearly isn’t working either. San Francisco spends more more on helping them homeless than any other city does on a per homeless capita basis yet theyve got one of the worst homeless problems in the country. Something there doesn’t jibe. Iirc SF even announced recently that they won’t prosecute vagrants for stuff like taking a shit out in the middle of the street because doing otherwise would be :cry criminalizing homeslessness :cry. Liberalism gone completely wrong.

This SB50 seems like a really good bill so I'm following it as Cali is a good test case for a liberal state. but a lot of the backlash to it is from local people :cry muh 45 foot building ruining my view :cry and some hypocrites who go local to town meetings and complain about the affordable housing being built nearby as it will "bring in the wrong element" then probably drive home in a Prius with a coexist bumper sticker

FrostKing
01-15-2020, 06:09 PM
The Mexicans dominate certain areas that tend to be middle-lower class. So out of sight out of mind. The homeless/mentally ill populate Downtown and beach areas. There is no avoiding them.

Winehole23
01-15-2020, 06:25 PM
:lol You still haven't said where you got this talking point.TBB is widely read.

Winehole23
01-15-2020, 06:26 PM
SA has a homeless, shitting on the streets problem too. Fuckers use my fence downtown as a shitter...multiple greasy shits splattered and running down the wall...stinks like a motherfucker. Went out to my truck yesterday and one of them was jacking off right there in public under the I35 bridge 30 feet from my truck. Drugged out fuckers just lay around like turtles sleeping all day.Where are homeless people supposed to take a shit and do drugs?

Honest question, not rhetorical.