PDA

View Full Version : Spurs' uniform emblem

G-Nob
11-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Are they going to have the Larry O'Brien trophy on their uniforms all season? Is this something new for the defending champs to have? Personally, I think it's a little cocky....

samikeyp
11-03-2005, 12:03 PM
no...it was a one game thing.

angel_luv
11-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Someone asked Pop about it. He said the emblems was just for opening night. Pop believes that those jerseys get autographed and sent back to the NBA ( office I guess)>

Phenomanul
11-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Did Finley's, Van Exel's or Oberto's Jerseys also have the Larry O'Brien Trophy Emblem???

T Park
11-03-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah they did.

I think they shoulda been able to keep them all year.

You earned the right to wear that bullseye, might as well be proud of it.

texasqb2
11-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Are they going to have the Larry O'Brien trophy on their uniforms all season? Is this something new for the defending champs to have? Personally, I think it's a little cocky....

not near as cocky as wearing championship belts around

Murphy
11-03-2005, 03:01 PM
not near as cocky as wearing championship belts aroundlololol, yeah I remember that, that was so stupid, they probably bought those belts at the toy section of walmart for like 5 bucks

G-Nob
11-03-2005, 03:34 PM
true that. but they aren't wearing those belts onto the floor and we aren't the egotistical s.o.b.'s rasheed is. I think we're a lot classier than that. Last year was last year and we haven't earned anything yet this year.

erbo
11-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Can you even imagine how many people in this city would buy new Spurs logo jerseys with the trophy on them at Academy...

SAtown
11-03-2005, 04:22 PM
The Spurs should be able to wear the emblem on their jerseys, as well as have the emblem on the court (like they had during the Finals). That would be cocky, but cool.

angel_luv
11-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Pop would never allow it. =)

Old School Chic
11-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Pop would never allow it. =)

Your right! He wouldn't...
During our staff ring ceremony today he mentioned It was just a one time thing that the NBA came up with.

angel_luv
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Your right! He wouldn't...
During our staff ring ceremony today he mentioned It was just a one time thing that the NBA came up with.

You have meetings with Pop? How cool are you! =)

Old School Chic
11-03-2005, 05:40 PM
You have meetings with Pop? How cool are you! =)

Pop was the one that officiated the ring ceremony today at the Terrace Restaurant. :spin

TOP-CHERRY
11-03-2005, 05:42 PM
true that. but they aren't wearing those belts onto the floor and we aren't the egotistical s.o.b.'s rasheed is. I think we're a lot classier than that. Last year was last year and we haven't earned anything yet this year.
I'm glad we're not a cocky team, but let's not go overboard with this. I agree the team shouldn't wear the trophy emblem on the uniforms all year, but I think it's time we just stop giving a damn about how we're portrayed (arrogant or not) and just celebrate that we have such a great team, and that we've won 3 of the last 7 championships.

Old School Chic
11-03-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm glad we're not a cocky team, but let's not go overboard with this. I agree the team shouldn't wear the trophy emblem on the uniforms all year, but I think it's time we just stop giving a damn about how we're portrayed (arrogant or not) and just celebrate that we have such a great team, and that we've won 3 of the last 7 championships.

Well said, TOP-CHERRY