PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge or DeRozan

TD 21
01-15-2020, 12:34 AM
If the Spurs continue to trend up and are .500 ish by the time the selections are made, I wouldn't rule out DeRozan either getting the mythical final All-Star spot or more likely being the first injury replacement.

At this writing, I'd guess starters: James, Scumbag, Davis, Harden, Doncic, bench: Jokic, Westbrook (no business, but reputation), George, Towns, Paul, Lillard, Gobert.

The question is, should DeRozan be the automatic Spurs candidate? Aldridge has always been the superior player and the team trending up is directly linked to his willingness to finally modernize his game. DeRozan is merely the beneficiary of that.

Shouldn't he get points for sacrificing his being the centerpiece of the offense or is it all about counting stats (ppg)?

slick'81
01-15-2020, 12:37 AM
Derozan this season if a spur gets in

offset formation
01-15-2020, 12:37 AM
Legit question I don't know I know the answer for, tbh.

Proxy
01-15-2020, 03:33 AM
gotta be Demar, even if you want to make the argument that LMA is more consistent and that the offense flows through him as the first option, Derozan was the highlight of the team's improved play. It's the sexier pick

XDT76
01-15-2020, 06:07 AM
If the Spurs continue to trend up and are .500 ish by the time the selections are made, I wouldn't rule out DeRozan either getting the mythical final All-Star spot or more likely being the first injury replacement.

At this writing, I'd guess starters: James, Scumbag, Davis, Harden, Doncic, bench: Jokic, Westbrook (no business, but reputation), George, Towns, Paul, Lillard, Gobert.

The question is, should DeRozan be the automatic Spurs candidate? Aldridge has always been the superior player and the team trending up is directly linked to his willingness to finally modernize his game. DeRozan is merely the beneficiary of that.

Shouldn't he get points for sacrificing his being the centerpiece of the offense or is it all about counting stats (ppg)?

If the recent improvement is for real there is a real chance for them to go 6-0 or 5-1 in the up coming stretch

cjw
01-15-2020, 08:20 AM
With both Klay and Steph our, it should open up a backcourt spot for him. But you’re right, Russ probably gets in despite not deserving it.

Arcadian
01-15-2020, 10:34 AM
It's Derozan's turn

TDomination
01-15-2020, 11:07 AM
If Spurs can continue the mini trend they are on and Derozan plays close to how he has been playing, he will get in.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2020, 11:28 AM
I could see this being a year that no Spur makes it unless they can rally to a winning record before the reserves are picked.

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2020, 01:14 PM
gotta be DeRozan this year because of the stats. Whoever of the 2 averages more points is the All-Star

marinoman
01-15-2020, 01:47 PM
Derozan vanishes in the playoffs, trade him and his contract for a box of crayons. Can’t believe you guys are buying into him after a few good games. Aldridge isn’t much either but can be a two or a 3 on a championship team. Derozan isn’t even a starter on a championship contender

KDKSpurs24
01-15-2020, 03:47 PM
Derozan vanishes in the playoffs, trade him and his contract for a box of crayons. Can’t believe you guys are buying into him after a few good games. Aldridge isn’t much either but can be a two or a 3 on a championship team. Derozan isn’t even a starter on a championship contender
This thread doesn’t have a damn thing to do with that stuff. This is about getting the last All-Star team spot..

Robz4000
01-15-2020, 03:52 PM
Neither, Spurs won't get one.

R. DeMurre
01-15-2020, 05:53 PM
I hope DeRozan keeps putting up big numbers so some GM who doesn't trust or understand a decade of advanced stats will be convinced to trade for him.

TD 21
01-15-2020, 06:05 PM
I hope DeRozan keeps putting up big numbers so some GM who doesn't trust or understand a decade of advanced stats will be convinced to trade for him.

Too late.

Obi Juan Kenobi
01-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Too late.

:lol

slick'81
01-15-2020, 06:56 PM
Too late.

Yup were stuck with him

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2020, 08:32 PM
Will Forbes be in the 3-point shoot out?

tholdren
01-15-2020, 09:14 PM

Lol. Dumb. The spurs are winning because they aren't letting lma be a black hole or clog the lane. Lma cant rebound or defend and was never a superior player. He is a volume shooter who is soft and his ppg never led to any hardware.

Watching him this year is further evidence that his ball hogging was asinine

GreekSpursfan
01-15-2020, 09:53 PM
No one. Spurs dont have one.

duncan2k5
01-15-2020, 10:00 PM
Smart guy... everyone else yapping about all star

tonski17
01-15-2020, 11:24 PM
I hope DDR will get the nod this time. He's playing really well.

marinoman
01-16-2020, 12:42 AM
Smart guy... everyone else yapping about all star
Yea I’ve been made aware of my mistake...I’ll leave it at, my error

TD 21
01-16-2020, 05:01 PM
Lol. Dumb. The spurs are winning because they aren't letting lma be a black hole or clog the lane. Lma cant rebound or defend and was never a superior player. He is a volume shooter who is soft and his ppg never led to any hardware.

Watching him this year is further evidence that his ball hogging was asinine

:lmao Speaking of dumb. They won at a significantly higher rate the previous two seasons, with similar and less talent and Aldridge as the centerpiece of the offense, genius.

He led the league in block outs last season, which enabled them to maintain an elite defensive rebound rate despite not have a dominant rebounder. He's also had multiple seasons where he was top five in defensive field goal percentage at the rim.

He's repeatedly proven he can lead 50ish win teams, in the West, while DeRozan is a career net negative, who's never been the best player on a winning team.

tholdren
01-16-2020, 08:41 PM
:lmao Speaking of dumb. They won at a significantly higher rate the previous two seasons, with similar and less talent and Aldridge as the centerpiece of the offense, genius.

He led the league in block outs last season, which enabled them to maintain an elite defensive rebound rate despite not have a dominant rebounder. He's also had multiple seasons where he was top five in defensive field goal percentage at the rim.

He's repeatedly proven he can lead 50ish win teams, in the West, while DeRozan is a career net negative, who's never been the best player on a winning team.
Lololol you have no idea what you are saying. Bwahahahahaha

OldMan88
01-16-2020, 10:30 PM
If it increases his trade chances, absolutely.

tholdren
01-18-2020, 12:11 AM
Lma not even close to ddr level