PDA

View Full Version : Where's whottt

smeagol
11-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Where is he?

I thought he would be back by the season opener.

Is he in jail? Is he fighting the war in Irak? Has chump beaten him so badly in their last debate that he is ashamed to show his face anymore?

I find his basketball posts interesting, long but interesting. On the other hand, his political posts suck baboons balls.

Hope he shows his face around this parts soon.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Reply in 5....4....3....

Currently Active Users
Showing threads 1 to 25 of 316 164 (71 members & 93 guests)

ChumpDumper, spurschick, ata, Solid D, samikeyp, wildbill2u, WalterBenitez, td4mvp3, Tigole Bitties, 1Parker1, boutons, Marcus Bryant, GoSpurs21, zeleni, Kip Fanatic, xapatan2, Spurs košarka kultura, DoornicK, Spurzilla, George Gervin's Afro, smeagol, manubili, Streakyshooter08, BigVee, pache100, Supergirl, Useruser666, kukjavel, CosmicCowboy, whottt, coopdogg3, cheguevara, jhfenton, G-Nob, woodseed, utsagolfpb, Benspur, Big Pimp_21, drivanroca, easjer, Rummpd, kolko, waly.mg, sungo99, drmuffs, Nikos, RobinsontoDuncan, Obi wan Ginobili, implacable44, 2centsworth, kris, Lonestar, strangeweather, TPMG2007, prrao, DJREN12, BlueShark#6, Hook Dem, CAPARG, JamStone, leemajors, infinite styles, 101A, Spurologist, NINERS4LIFE, conneaut615, MI21, coz, bdubya, sprrs, Mark in Austin

2centsworth
11-03-2005, 12:34 PM
He has no one to defend yet.

Marcus Bryant
11-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Barry won't return his calls.

1Parker1
11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Barry won't return his calls.

:lol

smeagol
11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
whottt, are you trying to do what TPark should be doing?

T Park
11-03-2005, 03:16 PM
What should I be doing?

whottt
11-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Sorry I haven't been gracing the board with my presence as much, particularly spreading enlightenment in the political forum. And Chump, I also feel I have been remiss in my responsibilities of helping you throw off the colossal burden of stupidity you were cruelly punished with at birth...

Alas...I have been having personal problems and just haven't had the time to post as much...I have been going through the living hell known as quitting smoking and just haven't had my usual sunny disposition or felt my usual rosy cheerful self, of late...Not to mention I'm in the middle of a career change. I'll be here when it matters...

In the meanwhile...Chump try not to get too stupid...MB, take your meds, schizophrenia can be overcome...

samikeyp
11-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Hope everything works out for ya, bro. Good for you on quitting smoking. It is not easy, stay strong.

whottt
11-03-2005, 03:33 PM
:tu Ty Mikey

coopdogg3
11-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Sorry I haven't been gracing the board with my presence as much, particularly spreading enlightenment in the political forum. And Chump, I also feel I have been remiss in my responsibilities of helping you throw off the colossal burden of stupidity you were cruelly punished with at birth...

Alas...I have been having personal problems and just haven't had the time to post as much...I have been going through the living hell known as quitting smoking and just haven't had my usual sunny disposition or felt my usual rosy cheerful self, of late...Not to mention I'm in the middle of a career change. I'll be here when it matters...

In the meanwhile...Chump try not to get too stupid...MB, take your meds, schizophrenia can be overcome...

I had to quit smoking a few years back. It sucked. But it was worth it.

coopdogg3

smeagol
11-03-2005, 03:44 PM
What should I be doing?
Do I need to spell it out?

smeagol
11-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Congrats whottt. Keep it up.

Now you have to stop using those hard drugs and you will be fine.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Nah, he just sells those.

tekdragon
11-03-2005, 06:20 PM

Stay strong, whottt! Quitting really is hell, but it's worth it...once you get over the hump, that is. Just think of every cigarette as a vote to retire Avery's number! :)

ShoogarBear
11-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey, whottt, here's a good tip on quitting. There's been lots of recent scientific evidence that people who walk around with a pacifier in their mouths for a week are 12 times more likely to succeed at quitting. I think it's worth a shot.

(think he bought it?)

Solid D
11-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Quitting smoking is a great reason to take a break in here. I thought it was because it was wrestling season or something. :)

mookie2001
11-03-2005, 07:21 PM
hey smeagol
I was thinking the exact same thing

he hasnt been in political for longass time
and even if he's logged in i havent heard from him in a while
whats the deal with this chump chumpdumper?

smeagol
11-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I thought he was behind bars.

Glad to know its just Marlboro related.

mookie2001
11-03-2005, 07:28 PM
I thought I had mono once for an entire year, turns out I was just really bored

T Park
11-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Do I need to spell it out?

I guess you do, cause I ain't got a clue what your talking about.

smeagol
11-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I guess you do, cause I ain't got a clue what your talking about.
You are not going to like it.

Given that whottt had not posted for a while, I asked him if he was doing what you should've done, which is not post for a year.

That's all.

whottt
11-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey, whottt, here's a good tip on quitting. There's been lots of recent scientific evidence that people who walk around with a pacifier in their mouths for a week are 12 times more likely to succeed at quitting. I think it's worth a shot.
(think he bought it?)

Honestly...if that worked I'd do it. I want to quit that badly.

Aren't you an MD or something like that IIRC? Surely you can give me better advice than that.

I promise not to whip your ass with Jon Barry again if you do :fro

whottt
11-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Oh...and boutons and Nbadan pretty much got the polit forum to where you can't enter it without stepping in a huge pile o crap...I'll wait till some of it clears out.

smeagol...I didn't go behind bars...I got people out from behind them. I had enough of that crapola though....I'm getting my real estate license now...You can all expect to be getting my card soon :)

T Park
11-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Given that whottt had not posted for a while, I asked him if he was doing what you should've done, which is not post for a year.

Who says I shouldve?

You??

Gonna need more than that..

MaNuMaNiAc
11-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Honestly...if that worked I'd do it. I want to quit that badly.

Aren't you an MD or something like that IIRC? Surely you can give me better advice than that.

I promise not to whip your ass with Jon Barry again if you do :fro
hey Whottt, looking forward to having more of those intelligent debates of yore http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Good luck with the quitting smoking thing

smeagol
11-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Who says I shouldve?

You??

Well, you said you would.

I'm just paraphrasing what you said out of memory("if the Spurs win the series I will not post for a year" or something like that). I can find the exact quote, if you want me to.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Who says I shouldve?

You??

LOL You claiming amnezia on us now T Park?? You know damn well where that came from

whottt
11-03-2005, 08:31 PM
RE: Thanks for anti-smoking support guys. It is appreciated and it's also good to hear people that have actually quit...since I don't personally know anyone that ever has. I am the king smoker of all time, and it's become a huge problem in my life...I also had a bout with allergies about 2 weeks ago where I literally could not breathe...No way do I ever want that feeling again. It's time to quit...it's just a matter of getting over that hump.

smeagol
11-03-2005, 08:36 PM
C'mon, you can do it. Smoking sucks.

I never did but I remember both ny mom and my dad smoking and due to me pestering them to death, they quit. I use to through by dads cigarettes packs into the garbage bin. I believe they are both thankfull now.

ShoogarBear
11-03-2005, 08:48 PM

Unfortunately, I can't. There are somethings like the patch and gum that work for some, but no surefire method. I pester my patients about it when I see them, but that's about the extent of it.

Just don't get discouraged. Lots of people have to take 1,2,3 shots at it before they can quit for good.

I could send you some pictures of diseased lungs and hearts, if that would help.

T Park
11-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm just paraphrasing what you said out of memory("if the Spurs win the series I will not post for a year" or something like that). I can find the exact quote, if you want me to.

I know what I said.

I once again wonder why you people are still harping on it.

Its not happening.

MOVE ON.

T Park
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for anti-smoking support guys. It is appreciated and it's also good to hear people that have actually quit...since I don't personally know anyone that ever has. I am the king smoker of all time, and it's become a huge problem in my life...I also had a bout with allergies about 2 weeks ago where I literally could not breathe...No way do I ever want that feeling again. It's time to quit...it's just a matter of getting over that hump.

My head supervisor is trying to quit, is using the patch.

He says its working great.

So what the hell, wont hurt, go to Sams and get the ultra big box.

smeagol
11-03-2005, 09:07 PM
I know what I said.

Its not happening.

MOVE ON.
Just like the fact that Manu and others will continue playing for their NT and you still bitch about it?

Move on.

jochhejaam
11-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Whottt, you probably have tons of information on helpful tips but here's one that you may not have seen, if not I hope it helps.
Lots of people quit every day and don't go back, we'll add you to that list.

(I do work with several people that quit years ago and have not gone back.
Interestingly enough 3 of them quit (one who had smoked for 35 years) by going to an acupuncturist, I think at the time the procedure cost about $120.00)

USE THE 4 "A'S"
Avoid. Certain people and place can tempt you to smoke. Stay away for now. Later on, you'll be able to cope.
Alter. Switch to soft drinks or water instead of alcohol or coffee. Take a different route to school or work. Take a walk when you used to take a smoke break.
Alternatives. Use oral substitutes like sugarless gum, hard candy, or sunflower seeds.
Activities. Exercise or do hobbies that keep your hands busy (video games, needlework, woodworking, etc.) can help distract the urge to smoke.

USE THE 5 "D'S"
DELAY a minute or two and the urge will pass.
DRINK water to fight off cravings.
DO something else to DISTRACT yourself. walk, call a friend, clean a closet, etc.
DEEP BREATHE - it will relax you. Close your eyes and take ten slow deep breaths.
DISCUSS your thoughts and feelings with someone close to you.

http://www.rochester.edu/uhs/healthpromotion/Tobacco/howtoquit.html

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Good luck from a fellow smoker (average 20 cigs per day).

ShoogarBear
11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Alternatives. Use oral substitutes like sugarless gum, hard candy, or sunflower seeds.

Pacifiers. :tu

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2005, 09:50 PM
I know what I said.

Its not happening.

MOVE ON.
You can't just let it slip so easily. You're dumb post will come back and haunt you.